• Pros

• "I love the ability to build my own reports via filtered searches, as well as the ability to email students via the system. "

• "I like the ease of the administrative end. I like all the reports and search functions and how you can sort the members in your database."

• "It organizes data, and helps us keep a database of several years worth of class registrations. The customer support is very great too. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes the interface isn’t the most intuitive, and though that does lead to some confusion, support is always available and extremely helpful. "

• "I wish the manual covered more material. But the manual leaves off, the customer service covers. "

• "The only con that I can think of is I wish there was a way to choose certain reports and have them queued to email to me daily instead of having to go into the system and pull them. "

Browse ProClass Reviews

Kia from Montgomery County HHS

ProClass is Pro!

Using ProClass allows me to streamline some the steps in clients booking corporate on-site training and accepting other forms of payment; besides checks.

Pros

The customer service is exceptional. I can call tech support, e-mail or chat on-line. They'll even set up customized webinars for staff learning to use Pro-Class. I did not expect to get such support or a quick response to even my basic questions and even more complex problems. I also like that our clients/students can sign up for classes on their own and make payments using a secure site.

Daniela from Progressive Art for Progressive Kids

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

ProClass has tripled my productivity!

I am very happy with my decision to use ProClass. I recommend it to anyone that has multiple classes, whether large or small. If I could suggest anything for improvements I would ask for a more simplified, step by step How-To section to address common things like refunds, class lists etc. I tend to see things visually and perhaps using visual markers or icons instead of words would make the self-help section more user friendly for non-techies like me!

Pros

As a sole proprietor, I do it all, from lesson plans and teaching to marketing and running the not-so-fun parts of the business. I was spending 6 hours of my day just doing data entry and administration while having to keep my office open long hours just to allow parents to come in and register. I thought ProClass was for much larger businesses than my small art program. As my business grew however, I was overwhelmed by the paperwork and I knew I had to hire someone. Instead, I decided to try ProClass for a year. ProClass allows my clients to register for classes day or night, at their convenience allowing me to reduce the time my office has to be open to the public giving me more time with my family. It allows clients to input their own information, reducing errors and my data entry time. In fact, it saved me from having to hire someone just for the data entry! It has organized my recordkeeping, making tax time so much easier. I can now concentrate on my students and my teaching. It allows parents to have clear recordkeeping which they can access themselves. It tracks my communications with parents for easy reference. Well that first year came and went and I am still with ProClass! I am not a techy person and there was a learning curve which I found a challenge as I juggled everything on my plate however, ProClass provided very patient and thorough training, that suited my schedule. The more I use it, the more it feels natural. I am still discovering features and as I can I add them to my knowledge base. I truly appreciate their kind and encouraging customer service team that help me with any questions I have. I look back and wonder how in the world I managed my classes before ProClass!

Cons

I had to really think about this to come up with a con to ProClass. I guess for me, it would be some of the technical terminology that I am not familiar with. It does require a time commitment to get to know the program and set it up just right for your business. Again, this isn't really a con for ProClass, more my own limitations of time, knowledge and experience.

Marketing savvy folks should not use Proclass

Pros

Proclass is great if you only have a simple structure such as an art studio only offering art classes. The customer service rep we have is AMAZING....he's been doing his absolute best to try to find work arounds and patches, but as a growing business, this hasn't been a great experience. Though he's really the one we keep going back to. The other reps have tried to be helpful, but none of them have found workarounds or solutions for us and the challenges we face with Proclass were ones that could significantly impact our business.

Cons

Proclass is great if you only have a simple structure such as an art studio only offering art classes. However, if you run a series of classes AND are marketing savvy with different offers or complex structure for camps, this is definitely not a system for you. The functionality simply isn't there. The API is a joke. It is not a fully developed API so expect to do some heavy coding.

Response from ProClass

Replied August 2018

While an anonymous review is difficult to respond to as we do not know the circumstances around these comments, we do appreciate the feedback and are pleased that our customer support is rated so highly. To classify ProClass as a marketing application is inaccurate and misleading. ProClass is not marketed as, nor meant to be a marketing platform such as Mail Chimp or other direct marketing applications and we explain this to every prospect prior to any sale. We do provide the following features and more to assist with your marketing efforts. *Unlimited bulk email with customizable templates. *Unlimited SMS messaging to contacts where mobile provider information is collected *Comprehensive search features and data mining to allow for targeting of specific demographic groups or class participants *Easy export of data for use with other tools *Unlimited and fully searchable user defined fields and customizable data collection forms to allow for extension of the application to include information that is critical to your organization. *Industry leading relationship tracking across multiple accounts and families. *Customizable online registration class listings. *Social media integration *Online registration and customer portal site language translation *Read only REST API These features are successfully in use by hundreds of organizations in diverse industries including summer camps, after school programs, arts organizations, lifelong learning and continuing education, and others with varied and complex scheduling and program structures. Our API is being successfully used by many clients and allows read only access to a vast selection of data. Customers have successfully used the API to integrate ProClass to their websites as well in house real time video schedule displays and as with other various applications. It is a developer tool and should be used only by qualified developers who are familiar with XML, Json, and Odata standards.

Ann from OLLI at Penn State York

ProClass review

We were able to open online registration for our users because of ProClass which has saved a lot of time for me since I used to get a lot of registrations in the mail.

Pros

I like that is is very easy to create programs, add contacts, and enter registration. The customer service is very helpful, using live chat almost always resolves my problem.

Cons

Online registration is not the most user friendly.

Response from ProClass

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review Ann. We have recently released a new online registration user interface that has an entirely new interface and enables much easier registration for your customers. We hope that this new release is helpful to you.

Skye from Scottsdale Artists' School

ProClass Tops Many Systems

I would choose ProClass for your management system if you are looking to upgrade or change. I am very pleased with PC and will continue to use them for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I am a marketing and communications director and have worked with many registration, ticketing and software systems throughout education, arts and the performing arts - ranging from Tessitura to Ticket Sage to Salesforce and more. I started at a new company about 6 months ago and it was my first experience with ProClass and at first I was a little leery of the program; however they have topped my expectations. Their software is current with needed API's for the new website that I am in the process of designing. They are at the helm of design with easy-to-load classes and design formats. It is a good system for donors. The staff of PC is available to answer questions. They are more then corporative when I ask for something to be done and they take new integration suggestions readily. Currently they are building on a suggestion that I gave them a few weeks ago. I have been very happy with ProClass and believe it is a great class and donor management system for our school.

Vickie from InSync Training

ProClass Excels at Record Keeping

Having a system that allows us to keep all our instructor, participant and class details/records in one place is invaluable for us. The filtering capabilities allows us to run custom reports that help us to project and schedule future offerings.

Pros

The most beneficial parts of this software for us is the record keeping and reporting features. We can filter and find information on any part of our participant records, class records, or instructor's records. We also find the options for setting up/copying programs very easy to use and customizable.

Cons

The feedback from our participants (registrants) is troublesome. We frequently get feedback that it is cumbersome to register/login.

Reasons for Choosing ProClass

We have been using ProClass since 2013.

Response from ProClass

Replied February 2020

Thank you Vickie for the comments and kind words. We appreciate the feedback from your customers and are very happy to have recently released our new user interface and customer portal for students and instructors. We have spent considerable effort in streamlining the registration, membership, and donation processes to make them leading edge within the market. We hope these changes have been helpful to you and your customers.

Carla from Cednter for the Advancement of Jewish Education

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

ProClass is a sophisticated program that provides a registration platform for students enrolled in our Adult Learning school.

Although it has taken a good year for me to learn and become comfortable with ProClass, the system is working and the people are great!

Pros

ProClass provides a secure system, safeguarding personal records and financial payments. The support we receive is outstanding and easily accessible day or night. The ability to speak with a "human" voice when support is needed, and their ability to walk and talk you thru any issue, is one of the most valuable services provided.

Cons

There are far too many built-in functions that we do not use or need. Gets very confusing at times, especially when you're doing manual registrations for a good percentage of our students who are elderly and have little or no computer knowledge. Far too many of our students complain about not knowing their password and we can no longer provide that to them. Basically, we are doing more manual registrations than the number of people who do successfully register online. It's also confusing when dealing with "special" circumstances, i.e. discounts, scholarships, credits, refunds, etc. are concerned.

Stevie from Cygnus Creative Arts Centre

If you are looking for an affordable class management software. This is for you

My experience with proclass has been nothing but wonderful. Whenever I need help with a problem I can contact them right on the live chat button and I have always had the issue resolved immediately.

Pros

The overall functionality of the program, it is able to complete multiple tasks at hand. The reports are customized to fit our needs as a non-profit creative arts organization.

Cons

The ease of merging contacts would be the next thing they should work on. It is manageable but frustrating without the option. As we have many clients sign up online and switch emails and create new accounts all of the time.

Reasons for Choosing ProClass

Proclass seems to be the only class management software out there that can process everything we need done efficiently. We have been using Proclass for about 10 years and it meets and exceeds our organizations needs.

Response from ProClass

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the kind review Stevie. We will look into your suggestion for an upcoming release.

Chiara from Follow Your Art Community Studios

Proclass for Arts Nonprofit

ProClass has been a huge asset for us. Overall it is a great system, and the support is really outstanding, so we can always count on having answers to our questions.

Pros

Our nonprofit recently started using ProClass to manage our arts programming for all ages. It has been a great asset to help us manage the array of classes that we offer, and has an array of customization opportunities and features that we didn’t have previously.

Cons

Response from ProClass

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the comments Chiara. we appreciate the kind words about support and are happy that ProClass is working well for you. We are excited the new user interface we are working on. The customer portal version will be released in January with the administrative interface coming in 2nd qtr. 2020.. We are looking forward to this upgrade to make the interface even easier and more intuitive with new design and navigation elements and updated graphics so we hope that it is helpful to you.

Evelyn from Oasis - A Haven for Women and Children

ProClass - Helped our organization share information

ProClass has opened up better commuicatinos beween staff members. We can look at attendance, email clients, look up numbers and create reports easier.

Pros

* Ease of use * Easy to share information

Cons

It cannot be customized to work with some of the specifc things we need. I wish we could get to pages easier Some of the reports need to be updated and allow for change without trying to create a new one.

Response from ProClass

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the kind review Evelyn. We appreciate your comments very much and will continue to work on the areas where you have made suggestions.

Peter from LLAIC: Lifelong Learners: An Independent Collaborative

ProClass for a Lifelong Learning organization

We've invested considerable time and effort in using ProClass because it does what we were looking for, so we're likely to stay with it although we've looked into some alternatives. More responsiveness would be of help - there's too wide a range between good quick answers and ones that are slow or never come. It's hard to tell if communication between Support and Development is lacking but some of our requests seem to get lost or mistranslated at times.

Pros

We needed a system that would handle online registration for a set of courses each semester, with online payment by credit card. Overall it does that quite well. Ease of use is important for our clientele of senior students; it's good but not quite as user-friendly as it could be. Besides the reports that are available to us, it's very helpful to be able to access and download course and student information for further analysis. The feedback from Support about potential registration problems also helps us resolve these problems.

Cons

For us at the administrative end the system is often quirky and not so easy to use. I personally have had to become the organization's expert to help others through it. In an older version we found that people were occasionally charged for a course even though it was already filled. It took us considerable effort to convince ProClass of the problem. The fix was to give people 30 minutes to complete registration; that gave us a new difficulty: because of this "hold" a seat in a popular course, that course could be filled in less than a minute. That's generated lots of complaints by the users. In addition, the flood of registrations at the start means that registration is effectively done in 18 minutes. Our request to give us control of this parameter has fallen on deaf ears, even though this would not be hard to implement. Other requests for improvements that would be helpful for the product have received minimal attention. Another difficulty that we had to discover for ourselves had to do with different accounts using the same email address - "Forgot password" does not work properly. We had to tell people to use different email addresses if they ran into this.

Nichole from Children's Theater of Madison

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Good

We did everything in Excel before we started with ProClass, and so it is an improvement. We hope that there will be more improvement with the program in the future.

Pros

Cons

We can't combine accounts or contacts, which leads to a lot of confusion. The ages and grades don't automatically update, so our data isn't correct. The parents don't receive all the information about the classes that we put onto ProClass, so we have to e-mail them separately. The roster reports aren't very good either.

Leslie from Community Service Society

Great class management tool!

Pros

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility on the user end. Like renaming fields and adding text in certain areas. It would be nice to customize how classes are presented. Right now your stuck with fields that don’t make sense for our purposes.

Addela from Richmond Art Center

Does some things great, some things not

The system is robust, so much so that it can be daunting to those not data-inclined. There are certainly things that could be improved if the company was willing to invest in quality.

Pros

Cons

The inability to merge duplicated accounts is tiresome. The limitations on coupons/discounts and what they can be used towards (only programs) is irksome.

Micheal from Southeast Missouri State University

ProClass is an amazing system.

We have had many questions as we have implemented the ProClass system, but the customer service has been amazing. They have been there for anything and everything that we need and always happy to help.

Pros

We love that the system will send receipts and handle all of the backside to registrations that we used to have to do manually.

Cons

We do wish the registration system had an option on the registration page so to view all classes at once instead of viewing classes just by semester.

Brandy from Art Garden Studios

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Still in the early stages

I've had good experience with customer support. They've almost always been able to help me and teach me the how tos so I can do it on my own if I run into the same problem, but it think having a walk through or some kind of tips/info button as you work through the site would be very helpful.

Pros

Our customers can access there accounts from home. There's an easy chat option for support. Easy to find buttons/tabs.

Cons

Too many layers in customers account. There is too many places that information can be placed that are not reflected through the account. Reports are not as helpful as they could be, or are not available. Duplicity of account with no way to merge them into one account. Sometimes we will make an account for our students and find they have also made an account which can lead to confusion.

Response from ProClass

Replied February 2020

Thank you for sharing that your experience with customer support has been good. We also appreciate the feedback on the user interface at the time of your review. This has helped us in creating our new user interface that you currently enjoy today as well as the many additional reports that have been made available. Thank you for you patience as we developed this and we are pleased that you have remained a valuable client for over almost 5 years now.

Barbara from LLAIC

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

It helps us do what we need to - track our members and courses

Pros

Really relational, as they used to say. A lot of information. And the ability to send mass emails to subsections of members.

Cons

Reports are inflexible - you have to change them manually. Example: course listing has columns for gender and age that we have to delete to distribute to instructors in our adult classes. It would be nice to have canned reports that you could alter a tiny bit and then re-can.

Edward from OLLI CSULB

Our experience has been good overall with no downtime or performance problems even at peak registration times, and many options to reporting trends and searching issues.

Overall a good system and very cost effective

Pros

- Many reporting and searching options - Very responsive support team with helpful attitudes - Flexible system that has many configuration options for users to customize for their institution -

Cons

- Some reports and search options don't have all the data fields you might want - Pro Class appears to accommodate only one account to send payments to - Some inconsistencies between that name of a data field in the system and the data field selection names available for searching

TONIA from Sunrise Side Lifelong Learning

SSLL

Our implementation was fairly seamless. The customer support is phenomenal.

Pros

I find it easy to use and navigate. The reports are outstanding and make it easy to balance.

Cons

I have volunteers who I teach to use the program. It is hard for them to understand that when deleting or voiding a transaction, there are usually two steps. Also, it does not offer the ability to apply a convience fee for credit card payments.

Response from ProClass

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the kind comments Tonia. We will be working on the refund or void sale process to help make it more seamless in a upcoming version due out very soon. We appreciate the feedback to help us improve.

Melissa from Florida Swim Company

Absolutely Horrific - DO NOT USE

Pros

There are none, this company is a scam and will flat out lie to you to get you to sign into a 1 year contract.

Cons

Sales team told me that their software is completely customizable and promised it would do everything I inquired about in our demo. Prepaid for 1 year only to find out it cannot do anything I was promised. Refused to refund my money. Absolute scam - literally any other company will give you a free 30-day trial...Proclass doesn't offer this, obviously because no one would sign up afterward.

Response from ProClass

Replied February 2020

ProClass was demonstrated multiple times to her during her research for a system. Due to her startup status she was also provided a very substantial discount and was informed of all features and limitations. At no time was she lied to or misled in any way. No software package is completely customizable and although we offer some of the most robust customization features on the market not all features may be changed to accommodate any business process a client desires. We showed the client how she could utilize the software and conducted many training sessions with her during which no objections to the processes were raised. She made the decision to not use any system after extensive time was spent with her showing her how she could easily implement processes by having logical business rules. She chose to do things manually in order to maintain her random processes. 2 years later she is still not providing any automation to her customers. We offer a full 90 Day Free Trial.

Stephanie from Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District

Customer Support is wonderful

n/a

Pros

Support is top notch, always accessible and easy to talk to and always figures out my problem instantly

Cons

Takes a while to figure out the searching part, you think you can enter something for the search before realizing the filters

Evaggelia from Public School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Pro Class is for any club, class, business, group managment system. Organizes everything with a click. Ready on demand!

Pros

Works both on windows, linux and Mac. Web based platform (cloud hosted). Nothing can be forgotten, every thing is in track and updated. It takes over and manage everything . It serves both small and medium companies. Organizes everything, even to manage paying issues.

Cons

Not for big business. May take some time to get used to the interface if you have not enough experience.

Response from ProClass

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the kind review Evaggelia. We appreciate your comments and suggestions on training. We do however work with very large organizations in addition to small and medium companies with some of our customers servicing client bases exceeding 275,000 individuals.