All TeamSnap Reviews

Reviewed May 2022

Team snap a must

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great APP for all sports teams

This free APP is perfect for all team sports. It gives up to date information on practices and games . It also lets you communicate with the coach for games and practice status.

PROS

The ease of use. Its super easy to download.

CONS

When I downloaded the app, it brought me to our former soccer team, not our current one.

Glenn

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Manage Your Team in a Snap

Easy to keep track of players and their contact information as well as locations we go to regularly. No more parents asking for an email with addresses for locations or times for events.

PROS

Ease of use for scheduling practices and games. Checking attendance is great, but too easy for players to forget to mark their status. Love the email and message feature that keeps record of what is sent out and to whom.

CONS

I use this primarily for my daughter's travel softball team as the administrator, but need to use a separate app for scoring the games. I wish TeamSnap would integrate a score keeping feature for softball/baseball.

Reason for choosing TeamSnap

SportsEngine has awful customer service and tries to rip you off for NOT using certain features.

Joelle

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Almost Great But………Frustrating for Organization Management W/ Multiple Teams or Divisions

I decided to switch our lacrosse club with multiple teams & clinics from another management software after reading positive reviews of Teamsnap. I now realize most of the reviews are from experiences on a single team level, not organizational level. We’ve been using Teamsnap for 2.5 years for registration/payment processing, rostering multiple teams, contact management/communications, and team management, and availability tracking. The software and app are simple to use at the team level, but for organization management some phone support is necessary. The price is low but you pay in hours of frustration. As a youth sports organization administrator I have spent countless hours learning and using Teamsnap. It is tough understanding “best practices” for setting up organizational levels (divisions, teams, and seasons etc). I have read through FAQ’s, watched training videos and how to’s that don’t address some of my specific questions. The biggest problem with Teamsnap for a sports club is the lack of support. There is no phone support at all. Which means I had to spend time and frustrating amounts of brainpower trying to type out explanations of my issue in emails and responses are anywhere from several hours up to 2 days to receive an answer back. Usually first response will link to the how-to guides I have read and do not pertain to my question so it goes back and forth to get an answer. As a parent volunteer this is too frustrating and consuming.

PROS

This software is excellent for a coach or a manager to use for single team management. It simplifies communicating with players and families. Email or group chats are easy for using amongst players or coaches. You can easily see who is on a team you are a member of. Player availability can be easily tracked for practices and games to help coaches plan. Volunteers or snacks/drink assignments can be created for each game or event. As a parent and a team manager I have very positive experiences using it over multiple years and sports. Both the free and paid team plans are great for a single team.

CONS

No phone support available. When running an organization an administrator needs the ability to talk to a support person to avoid problems and help with issues that are not covered in how-to’s and help videos. The chat feature on the website is a bot responding with generic help topics that I have already read. Emailing support means waiting days up to a week of back and forth to get an answer that isn’t just linking to helpless how-to’s. Most youth sports are run by volunteers with fulltime jobs outside of team sports management and the time and brain power to implement a paid product like Teamsnap needs better support. I would pay more for phone support. Every registration I set up I think “It will be simple now that I've done it,”. But different variables have made the need for support an issue every season. I have noticed that my issues have been addressed in future how to articles which seems like I am a beta tester for Teamsnap that should be compensated for my time testing their product. I have had some scheduled customer support virtually after weeks of no help and the support team has always been very polite and apologetic and have solved my problems in short time via zoom screensharing. If organization level plans could include customer support access it would solve this very large issue.

Reason for choosing TeamSnap

See above on why I made the switch.

Reasons for switching to TeamSnap

I had good experiences using Teamsnap for team management and our previous software was terrible for communicating with team members etc. and difficult to use for most things.

Brian

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Software Works Customer Service Does NOT

The software does what it's supposed to do. However, if I would have read this review before investing money, and time in TeamSnap, I would consider other options. Because of that money and time I feel committed, STUCK! I don't have time to learn a new system, nor right now do I care to. I own my business. If I had their customer support I wouldn't have a business. They get away with it because I doubt very seriously if anyone uses their software full time, including their customer support. Most people using TeamSnap must have the time to read article after article or look at screenshots, oh by the way look absolutely nothing like my screen, or watch a video that's so out of date it makes you even more confused. In a day and age when you can get answers to questions almost instantly, it is infuriating to have to wait 7 to 10 hours to find out what box to check on a form you are creating so that it will function the way you want it to.

PROS

I like the idea of having a software that will integrate into our business that allows us to spend less time on administrative work and more focusing on building our brand

CONS

It's not the software, its the support! There is a learning curve implementing and setting up the software. AND if you find yourself needing support GOOD LUCK! There is NO phone number, but TeamSnap touts that as they are "providing a greater experience of the product " with personal tutorials and screen shots. BS! "LIVE" support is only available from 9am-1pm MT. (I wish I could work a 4hr Day! Someone has been reading too much Timothy Ferriss!) I use the word live sarcastically, Oh there is a button that says Live Chat, but the majority of the time when you need help and think your going to live chat with someone you get a message saying someone will get back to you within a few hours.

Reason for choosing TeamSnap

I used it first as a free app for a single team. Later I upgraded to a paid version. Managing a single team is super easy. Now I manage two divisions and 22 teams with the League Plan.

Nicole

Government Relations, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2019

Easy team management and communication tool

Team Snap has helped with keeping things organized with my four teams that I coach. It makes it extremely easy to keep in touch with parents and players on everything having to do with the team.

PROS

It allows for very quick and easy communication with everyone on my team. The site is very easy to navigate and has allows for a multitude of communication methods. I can keep all of the information for my team in one location whether it be team stats, schedules, scores, photos, or documents. I can send mass communications or individual communications out to members of the team. I like that I can add and subtract players easily from my roster. I also like that teamsnap sends reminders out about upcoming events so I don't have to remember to do so.

CONS

I have not found anything that really sticks out that I dislike about the software except that it takes a while for us to process a refund when we try and send it back through team snap.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2018

League Administrator

This software has become a 'no brainer' for operations of our association. Managers are give access to their team accounts and the rest is history.

PROS

With the new features we have been able to use this software for our entire association. I use it to enter team development times and can ensure all parents have been notified with the features provided. I can monitor the teams and their activities. It has made the rostering of teams so easy and provide info to Hockey Canada all in one software.

CONS

There are additional fees associated with using the Invoicing feature.

Reviewed April 2019

Organize any team with TeamSnap!

In my opinion, every team should use this application, it`s awesome!

PROS

I love how easy it is to keep track of both of my son`s upcoming games, practices and scores. I can update their status to either attending or declining their attendance with a quick click. It allows coaches and parents to stay connected on one easy to use platform.

CONS

The corny tag lines they use when uploading new content.

Kim

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Easy Way to Track Kids Sports Schedule

We use this app to track my son's soccer schedule. It's easy to enter your availability and to enter notes about why you aren't coming to practice or a game. It's also nice that directions to the game can be obtained from the app. And you can check who else is or is not coming to the game or practice and you can message your team mates parents if you need a ride. Overall good simple app but too many ads.

PROS

It's easy to use and easy to read and doesn't have alot of bells and whistles

CONS

The ads - both within a screen and the ones that pop up

Jenna

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Small Team Management

Allows you to keep track of attendance and availability. For small teams this would work well and is an easy solution. There are other apps out there I would consider before TeamSnap.

PROS

Great from small teams and if you have multiple spots on the go. Scheduling practices and games is easy. Nice to have everyone's availability.

CONS

Lots of notifications. If you turn them off you could miss something. I couldn't find a way to turn off individual components.

Larry D.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Good team App (Awesome for Football!)

PROS

I like being able to communicate with the team and see schedules all in the same place.. The ads.. when they show up do not detract from the app.

CONS

I would like to see better "Live" up to the minute scoring results as part of the app.

We do offer live scoring in the app. We would be interested to hear if you had tried it. It is called TeamSnap Live!

Replied January 2019

Lisa

Reviewed September 2023

Expensive and you still have to watch ads

hate the ads because I pay so much. I should not be subjected to ads. I can understand if its free but its not .

PROS

Can follow teams easily. Assignments and schedules, availability.

CONS

The cost. Will be cancelling next year. I have only kept it because the team hates new things and whine. But next year Im cancelling subscription and using the free apps that do the exact same thing.

habit

Tori

Lots of notifications

Overall, the app helps keep the team organized and keeps a record of things that have occurred which can be helpful as well. Just too many notifications on my phone which left me annoyed at times with the app and the frequency of it buzzing.

PROS

There are various functions that make communication easy within our team. Documents can be shared and saved for later within the app. Contact details for members of the team are within the app, which aides in communication as well.

CONS

I found that I would receive many notifications about one single event/message/email. I tried to limit notifications but that did not seem to matter as I still wound up with frequent notifications. They would come in the form of text messages too which I found frustrating!

Sorry about the multiple notifications. If you drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ we should be able to tune the notifications for you.

Replied January 2019

Janis

Reviewed March 2020

Best software for managing team sports

The ease of use and how universal the program is made it a clear choice for our communication needs.

PROS

I love how easy TeamSnap is to update games, tournaments and events for all of the families involved. Being able to intergrade the schedule to my phones calendar was a huge help.

CONS

There was nothing about the software that I didn't like. It was easy to use and update as needed. GREAT tool for any team sports group.

Jim

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2019

Lines of communication

I loved the fact that you can share the schedule and update/changes to the schedule are real-time and you can choose who to send notifications to. I like the fact that you can send notifications using text or email.

PROS

Executive summary: -Easy of use: 4 stars -User interface: 3.5 starts(learning curve) -Payment: 5 stars easy to upgrade/downgrade on the fly -Inviting others: 5 stars. Ability to invite and join your group/club: easy(it shows who is online/offline) -Support: 5 stars -Functionality: 5 stars -Web page integration: 5 stars -Security: 5 stars

CONS

-I wanted to only notifications at specific intervals, example every other week. I was not able to do that in the version I was using. It's either at specific days ahead of the due date or none at all. I would like to be able to send bi-weekly or once a month.

Michelle

Reviewed March 2018

We use this to manage our traveling soccer team.

The cost of this product is great for the amount of information you can quickly manage your team.

PROS

This software is extremely user friendly, helps manage and coordinate with my players and parents all in one app.

CONS

This software gives you the opportunity to manage multiple teams but the ability to see all teams at one time is an additional cost to the base.

Jessica

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

TeamSnap for T-ball

This software was perfect for keeping the T-ball team up to date on the games and practice schedule.

PROS

I used this software for my son's T-ball team. It was great to keep in touch with the team parents and update on games.

CONS

This was a great software to keep organized during the T-Ball season. The only negative part of this software it the notifications were not easy to keep track of new messages. It does notify you but the notification goes away and you have to go into the app to view.

Rodger

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Team snap a must

Used it for years. Love it.

PROS

It allows me to communicate with the team and individual players. But having parents contact info it goes to them as well. So they know everything that’s said to their child. Just good practice

CONS

Photo portion is slow to add and slow to load.

Heather

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Does the job!

It's been positive and I wish my kids' other coaches would use the same app so everything was in one place!

PROS

Pretty easy to use for our entire soccer team. Our Coach chose it after switching from another app. It has messaging where you can message the whole team or individuals. The coach puts in all events and has links to locations, etc. which makes it easy to just click and open it in your navigation. Has a team roster and the coach can add stats. Everyone can add photos. We use the free version I am pretty sure but there is a paid version that is Ad free.

CONS

I honestly can't think of any. The ads are annoying of course, but I get it. They gotta make money somehow! You can buy a paid version without ads.

Reasons for switching to TeamSnap

The messaging feature didn't always work.

Richard

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Great product for Baseball

TeamSnap provided a great experience since it removed the need for a group text messages which can get messy if parents have different phones (IOS/Android). This way everything is in one spot and parent can update the availability which greatly reduced the need to reach out to the parents.

PROS

I love how parents can update their child's availability and how you can send parents messages without having to keep a group chat via text messages

CONS

I wish there was a one time fee instead of a monthly payment. The monthly fee is very small however it would be nice to have the option of an annual fee. The fee is to remove the ads from the app.

Dan