(10,259)

(4,820)

4,820

(1,207)

1,207

• Pros

• "Love it, this is so easy to use, brilliant and can be shared and used by everyone. A total no brainer must be used........Love it download your files and they are safe."

• "This product is amazing. Its very easy to use and never fails you. keeps your things safe and secure. "

• "I love this software Great for sending large files! I send and receive large files all day long and this is the best! "

• Cons

• "Dropbox's service is amazing. However, interface is difficult to navigate for first time users."

• "The user interface/experience on the site version is a bit dated, but still functions fine. "

• "One con is that the initial install and set up process is very lengthy. It wouldn't install properly at first and then you have to add everyone one by one. But once its all set up its a breeze. "

Browse Dropbox Reviews

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Power To The Drop

I have been with Dropbox for over 3 years and will continue to use the software. I believe it's crucial to carry heavy files in a web page without crashing. Something that you don't realize is extremely important to a storage software.

Pros

Where can I begin, except for the fact that Dropbox has a powerful engine? From my experience, I am impressed by the energy this software has. I work in media production, so capacity and performance are primary factors in how we store content. Dropbox sees to it that our heaviest files are taken care of. I often transfer computer animations as well, which requires a lofty amount of memory to carry certain files. With that, this software is able to store and load the pages that contain each modeled/rigged subject with ease.

Cons

I would only suggest that the import/export functions were at more of an ease in terms of loading. They often require additional steps to just get a file through. Anything as simple as import to browse would fulfill my only concern.

Aaron from Colorado Computer Care

Dropbox primarily does one thing - syncing files, but does it very well.

Dropbox is dead simple to use, and thus extremely easy to setup for various clients. I use the free version of Dropbox (only 2GB of cloud storage) for small items to sync b/w multiple devices, and I have other clients that use the Business version of Dropbox across the entire organization. Despite its many short comings, and frustrations in pricing, Dropbox is simply unmatched in its file syncing capabilities.

Pros

Dropbox is truly designed for two things, syncing files b/w multiple devices and sharing those files with other Dropbox users. It does those two things extremely well. Dropbox has fantastic conflict resolution features - automatically creating a "conflicted copy" of a file whenever a potential conflict is detected (i.e. a file is being edited by two people at the same time). Dropbox also has plugins for Microsoft Office that allow for multiple people to edit a file simultaneously without creating conflicts. In addition, Dropbox provides a "smart sync" feature, allowing for files to be seen on the computer locally, but not stored locally until opened up. This allows a user to access all of his/her Dropbox files without using up disk space (though it does require an active internet connection).

Cons

For the price, Dropbox for Business is very limited compared to alternatives. Both Google's G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 cost comparable or less, and includes not just file syncing capabilities but an entire office suite. Dropbox's business practices are also somewhat suspect, as they have continually increase the price/month while reducing the features set. Often times, you can restore these missing features for an increased amount/month.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Dropbox has been around for a lot longer than either Drive or OneDrive, and performs it's functions very well. Google Drive is clunky, and designed primarily to be used via a web browser and not local access. OneDrive has gone through many iterations and has only been a truly viable option for the past couple of years.

Camillia from Graphic Designer

Upload With A Simple Drop!It's so Easy

My experience with dropbox has been epic. Its saved much time and frustration of carrying hard drives and switch computers. No longer do you have to worry about "Storage is full delete or move items to make space." No longer do you have to worry about. Panicking because you accidentally left the harddrive in your other suitcase and your outta town so your projects is on hold. NOPE! Not with dropbox. It's so easy to use I recommend it for anyone that's on projects of ant kind. Or just simply wants the security of knowing their stuff is backed up safely if the computer crashes or a exturnal harddrive fails or gets broken. I love how everyone on the team can be on it at one time. Accessing all they need. It's so easy to use. And everything is easy to find. It's way more organized than Google drive.

Pros

When I say that LOVE this software. I LOVE this software. I worked on a media team so we produce alot of videos, promo flyers edits ,photoshop edits, Premiere videos, We use ALOT of storage and each person on the production team has a different task to perform. We used to store stuff on hard drives and unplug them from computer to computer which is a hassle. One time the harddrive dropped and stopped working so we lost all our data. Talk about a mess! But not with dropbox! We uploaded the entire Terabyte of data unto dropbox. And it saved sooo much time and protected our artistic works that's accessible at anytime. Dropbox allows you to create accounts for each person on the team so they can have their own storage and files without it being in the way of others. You simply take a file from your computer Click, Drag, and BOOM its uploaded to Dropbox! It's probably the best storage site I've experienced honestly. Each person has their own individual space and login information. As the admin you can lock projects, restrict access to other people on the team. Or choose who can add files and see content on specific folders. You can create folders and subfolders to organize everything from pictures to videos and let's say "Camillie's Movie 2019" You can add and categorize folders within that folder for say "Drafts folder" or "Jan-March footage" or however you want to break it down.

Cons

Sometimes when uploading depending on the internet speed it can take quite awhile to get everything uploaded. But it's totally worth it because you can save space on your computer and hard drives and can access it anywhere you go.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

The platform is easier. Although the cost is higher. The ease and organizational functionalities it presents are far more plausible. Also they have different plans for your storage needs. That worked with what we had to get done as a team.

Joseph from Orion Business Investments

GOOD IDEA BUT NEEDS WORKING ON

Not very pleasant. Highly annoying. You cannot get support staff on the line to walk you through.

Pros

I went onto Dropbox about 6 years ago when we required our documents to be stored in the cloud and teams could collaborate by accessing documents to work on. It works fine if you are just working on selected documents as they you can store what is only required and access them without any complications.

Cons

After I commenced using this software, I thought it would be a good idea to "replicate" my hard drive on my desktop computer into Dropbox in the cloud. This is where the challenge came in. I would have expected a mirror image of my desktop computer. However, I had to recreate directories and then upload my documents, which took forever. Dropbox speed is extremely slow although I have a very fast internet connection. Furthermore, when I wish to access my documents, it: a) takes forever to bring documents up b) brings them up in different formats - example: a Word document will not open again in my Word software, or an Excel Document in my Excel software. Instead, it opens it up on a similar format that is foreign to me. I must be able to access my document, it should open back in the original software provided I have it on the computer I am using, and I should be able to work on it and resend it back into the cloud. Dropbox lacks this and this is annoying. This is just one of the challenges I face. Their utilities menu is not easily understandable and one has to navigate and look for options which makes it highly annoying. Perhaps Dropbox should ask users what they require and develop their platform according to users requirements instead of trying to fit users into their BOX. I may not renew my subscription once it expires as I have downloaded all my files back to my hard drive and am not uploading anymore.

Leng from Arts for Lawrence

Great Tool for Teamwork

My overall experience with Dropbox Business was excellent, but I had to drop it due to the high price, which competes with Google Drive. I still use the free version of Dropbox for my organization, especially with everything related to team work, but I have to say that the Business one has better features and offers more space for your documents.

Pros

I love that this software allows to share information in real time. I think is excellent when working with a team. It provides a digital working space, which is very needed these days. Also, people are able to make changes to the same document without loosing its original functionalities. It can opens either with the explorer window (internet explorer, google, etc) or with the file explorer of the computer.

Cons

What I like the least about this software/platform is the price. It's very expensive, especially for small business or organizations. Of course, you can always use the free version, which I ended up doing, but the feature for modifying documents does not work properly. I understand that if you want that to work fine you ahve to pay for it, but I will be willing to sacrificy space for this function. Just something to consider for the developers.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Again, Google Drive does not support excel macros. If you want to open and modify an excel or word document in Google Drive, it must be opened in Google sheets, which limits the features that Microsoft excel, or Word, or Powerpoint offer, and I like to make advanced use of all my softwares. Also, I open Dropbox with my File explorer, which to me, is less confusing than working from internet windows.

SARA from The Breathing Process

Industry: Music

Dropbox Allows Musicians to Share and Protect Files

Dropbox solves sharing obstacles, as I can directly share songs and ideas immediately after I upload them. This makes working together possible even if we are not in the same room together. We can freely send ideas back and forth instantly and with ease. Dropbox offers a large amount of storage which is very useful when working with large media files. I know that my files are safe and will remain where I store them no matter what files I may lose on my personal computer. Dropbox has saved me from losing hours of work by safely storing my songs and music ideas.

Pros

Dropbox is a web based service that gives you a free space with an option of additional storage for a reasonable monthly fee. As a musician, it is essential to protect and share your music. I am able to upload files onto my Dropbox storage and send direct access to anyone I choose from all over the globe. Media files are typically large, so there is a huge benefit to have the ability to purchase additional data at any time. I feel safe knowing that my files are protected in the Dropbox cloud, especially in the event of a computer or program crash.

Cons

The Dropbox file compression will degrade the media quality to a noticeable extent when clicking a direct play link. The compression isnt as noticeable on downloaded media files.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Dropbox has a better reputation for protecting their users data and files.

Tina (Christine) from Robert J, Adams & Associates

Dropbos

I use it for business and for education. I also use a competitor program but I tend to like Dropbox better.

Pros

The most important reason is that it works with my professional software. Now that I have the app I can use it on my cell phone with is really incredible. It has allowed for remote access with is very important

Cons

I fear that security can be compromised it also tends to freeze my computer if I use it too frequently. Every time I use the short cut on my desktop or laptop my computer freezes, so I have to use the actual files. This should be addressed,

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

I have used it since the inception and I like the updates and the ease, and now the app!

Jesse from Schneider Kerr Law Offices

Efficient Solution to Cloud Storage

Overall very satisfied. Sharing massive files is a breeze, and it is very reasonably priced.

Pros

I love being able to drag and drop massive files into share with friends and colleagues. The upload and download rates are great, and it is incredibly easy to share files and folders. Since we upgraded to Dropbox Business, our admins have better control of share settings to ensure files are secure and safe. It is very easy to add additional users, and is reasonably priced.

Cons

I wish we were able to edit files without downloading them. It would be great to see this feature added in the future.

Alicia from Bellatrix Law LLC

Best in Class

Overall, I prefer Dropbox Business to all other drive/box/file manager software. I have used several over the years, and Dropbox is routinely the best service from a functionality and stability standpoint.

Pros

Dropbox is easy to use. Best of all, it works correctly almost all of the time. Most people understand how to use it, so it makes training and sharing easy.

Cons

It's gotten more expensive over time. It is redundant to One Drive, which I now use because it comes with my Microsoft 365 suite and is therefore cheaper than paying for an additional service.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Best admin console. Security. Easier to use and deploy. I have used all of the above software products and prefer Drobpox. But I currently use One Drive by Microsoft because it doesn't cost me anything additional.

Meg from Nuscreen

Share flies with your team with Dropbox

My overall experience with Dropbox Business has been positive. It’s easy to use for remote teams.

Pros

The best thing about Dropbox is that it’s as easy to use as dragging and dropping folders on your own computer. It’s easy to access files shared on Dropbox.

Cons

Some people do not have a Dropbox account or don’t have enough storage to access files. This can be inconvenient to reconcile.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Dropbox was a choice over others because of the focus on file sharing.

Tamas Hunor from Abelcine

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

6+ years with Dropbox

Dropbox is my daily driver for file sharing and backing up my work. It is a convenient and secure solution. Great to share folders for a limited time, protecting with passwords. The new software allows saving space on my computer by managing local/online files. The only thing is I miss a feature mark, select pictures (or files) by a customer and export it to a list.

Pros

Pretty fast syncing, compared to other competitors. Really capable desktop and mobile app with a lot of features. Good money/value ratio.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow with really large files. You have to collect all files in one folder.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Integration with other platforms and speed

Myrna from Guerrero & Chan LLP

My go-to cloud service

When my firm was looking at products/software to move towards a paperless office, we decided to go with Dropbox because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, and brand reputation. Given that several of our employees were already familiar with Dropbox for their personal needs, the transition to the "cloud" was quite easy. Just upload your existing files into organized folders, and you're done. At first, it took awhile to upload everything to the cloud due to the sheer volume of files being uploaded. But after the initial document "dump", adding new documents/files has been a breeze.

Pros

I like Dropbox's simple and easy-to-use interface. And from a business standpoint, the price is fairly reasonable. I also love the security that Dropbox provides by acting as a digital backup just in case anything happens. I like that you can access Dropbox through multiple platforms and devices--you can access it through a website, a computer application, your cell phone or your tablet--which is helpful when you're working from home, from different locations, or while you're on the road. Plus, sending documents via Dropbox gets there quicker, more secure, and eliminates paper waste, which ultimately saves time and money.

Cons

I really have no complaints about Dropbox at this time. The upload speed is quite fast, and I have no issues with accessing Dropbox.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

We decided to go with Dropbox over its competitors because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, storage capacity options, and brand reputation. In addition, several of our employees were already using either Dropbox or GoogleDrive for their personal needs, so with their recommendation, we decided to go with Dropbox. Dropbox also integrates with Microsoft Office.

Abraham from Information Technology and Computing Services

Dropbox Business - Pros & Cons

Dropbox has provided the opportunity for employees in the organization to manage and share files locally and remotely without the need for carrying thumb drives from workstation to workstation. Not only has this feature enabled flexibility and efficiency in the work space but also improving the standard of work, saving time and energy as compared to other file management solution. While the sharing of information is critical Dropbox for Business allows the administrators to issue special permissions for users to access links and files. Administrators can further perform other security tasks such as the setting of expiration dates for every information that has been shared to the Cloud. This type of security measures are available to avoid breach of information on Dropbox for Business. Overall I would recommend this solution to any business that have the ability to implement the system.

Pros

The first time I heard about Dropbox for Business I didn't have the slightest clue what this system could do, let alone the benefits and impact it could have on an organization. What I like most about the software is the user friendly interface and how easy it is to setup an account compared to other systems out there. Once the account has been setup, you can give employees access immediately, so they can start syncing files, uploading files and creating folders between other computers from any location. As an administrator Dropbox for business made my life easier when managing multiple accounts. It gives you the flexibility to track existing files, lost files and other issues that come up from time to time. And if you already have Dropbox installed, you can upgrade to the business option from a free or Pro option, therefore incorporating existing user accounts into a business account without any additional work.

Cons

As it is common for any cloud solution, there is a price factor that needs to be considered carefully before a decision is made to go with the solution at hand. Dropbox for Business maybe a bit too expensive for small to medium size businesses. There is a 30-day free trial use for limited users only and if you do choose to go with the paid option, you will be looking at paying a price of $750 per year for just 5 user licenses. If you want to add more users the cost keeps increasing. Having Dropbox running within your organization can also impact the performance of your network bandwidth, that's if your users are uploading large files during peak production hours. You may have to do some tweaking and configuration from a network perspective to accommodate this new solution.

Ian from UBSafe Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Preferred solution

We've solved the need for expensive hardware, staying current, online security, backup and version control, access privileges both internal and external.

Pros

I find dropbox very easy to use, integrate and administer. We've been using it for several years now (probably 10). It was always good but just continues to improve. We're setup with varying levels of access and use it as our company server - negating the need for any hardware or IT. We've looked at switching to Sharepoint / oneDrive as it's included in our Office365 subscription. It's just not as clean and simple as dropbox. My engineering team does not want to move over because Dropbox is working so well for them.

Cons

Honestly I can't come up with much but I would like to see integration with Office365 as I see usage of Teams as a real benefit in working remotely and managing project communications.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Ease of use and history of zero issues

"Kennedy" Marie from Law Office of Marie G Hernandez

Best Document Management Software for Personal Use and Small Businesses

Overall, this is an excellent product. I can't imagine using anything else for my small law firm and for my own personal document management needs.

Pros

There aren't many negative things to say about Dropbox. They dominate this corner of the market, and it shows. Businesses nowadays are all about integration and automation. Virtually all other noteworthy software integrates directly with Dropbox, making automation a breeze. Dropbox's integration with MS Office 365 Online now makes it possible to make edits to MS Word and Excel documents right from Dropbox. "Dropbox Transfer" allows you to share or transfer a large number of documents with others, right from Dropbox. And if you subscribe to the "Professional" level, you can "rewind" changes and deletions to folders and documents for 180 days.

Cons

Not really a Con, just wishful thinking on my part: Dropbox integrates with Adobe Sign, which is great. However, right now, there is no integration to Adobe Document Cloud, which would allow a user to do more with PDFs right from Dropbox. But it looks like they are headed in that direction soon. Also, I'm not crazy about the "per user" pricing structure, but that is how most services charge nowadays. I do wish that the "rewind" feature was available for the Business and Enterprise levels.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

I have Zoho Docs, Google Drive, and MS OneDrive already. But none of these has the features and capabilities of Dropbox.

Isaac from Ethical Leaf Tobacco

Industry: Tobacco

Dropbox Review by Isaac Fungura

At one time I travelled to Namibia, lost my laptop in transit, but since I had my files synced, I easily got my files and continued with my work 2000km away from home I have managed to keep my important files like documents and pictures intact for more than 10 years I often use Dropbox transfer to send files up to 100GB large with password protection for sensitive data to my colleagues who are not Dropbox users without giving away access to my original document.

Pros

Keeps all data organised and can sync across all your devices - mobile and desktop Sync allows files to be accessible offline on the synced folder Allows collaboration of multiple users able to comment on files Dropbox paper allows writing documents, editing, brainstorming, reviewing and collaborating with anyone with the shared URL. Also allows user to create to do lists and due dates You can recover files that have been deleted so there is no risk of permanently losing data through an error Dropbox keeps track of all changes and versions and you can easily restore prior versions of the file in case you make a mistake. When collaborating with multiple users, Dropbox keeps an audit trail of who has edited a document Can create file requests - inviting someone to upload or tag you to their file

Cons

Mobile version faces challenges when dealing with big files hence not as flexible as the desktop version Syncing folders from desktop may end up uploading unnecessary files as long as they are added to that folder Affected by internet speeds on downloads and uploads which frustrates the user especially on large files

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Back then, there were not so many options for sync and back up, so external storage hardware were the options available and Dropbox's idea made immense sense.

Youssef from WonderEight

the best solution to work on shared files with a remote team

We've been using dropbox business for the past 3 years. As a global team with a presence in different countries, dropbox became our file server. Synchronization is very fast and managing permissions is very straightforward.

Pros

Fast synchronization, file versioning and the ability to restore a previous version of the file, folders sharing

Cons

there is nothing specific that I don't like, only the overall cost is a bit expensive especially since we are a big team

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

i had used dropbox for a long time on a personal level and although we have onedrive subscription included with our office 365, onedrive didn't provide the needed functionality this is why we opted for dropbox business

Greg from New Frame Media

Dropbox Has Completely Changed the way we Share Work with Clients

The biggest business problem we are solving is the ability to share all of our office files in a single repository. This eliminates email requests and even Slack requests as everyone knows that all files are in the Dropbox and everyone has access. This saves our team quite a bit of time and keeps people locked in on creative projects without getting distracted with too many requests.

Pros

Our number one favorite feature in Dropbox is the ability to share a link to a file with clients and have them make comments right on the file. If we're sharing a video, they can comment at exact spots in the video, and they can markup graphic files. Additionally, Dropbox saves us an incredible amount of time in the office, as we no longer have to request files from various members of our design team. With our shared Dropbox folders, everyone can access everything, and with version control, nothing is ever lost.

Cons

Occassionally we've had issue with the "smart sync" feature downloading files to our machines when we didn't request to have that happen. It's a minor annoyance that we're hoping to see fixed in a future release.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Google Drive was a mess to use... required complex permissions and we are often signed into multiple google accounts throughout the day, so we found ourselves repeatedly having to request permission, sign out, sign in, sign back out, etc. It just didn't fit our workflow. Plus, Dropbox has a lot more features that really make it a superior product.

Jenna from Black Diamond Equine

Industry: Veterinary

Cloud Storage for the Business World

We are so connected. We keep all of our order lists, records, and other paperwork that everyone needs to see in dropbox. No matter where you are in the clinic, office, or at the store you can pull this up and get the information that you need. It has helped with flow in our clinic 110% I can not imagine doing business or running our office with out dropbox.

Pros

This has got to be the easiest, seamless, greatest cloud storage I have ever dealt with. It's always right there on your desktop. You can access your files anywhere. I honestly have no idea what we would have done if you did not set up dropbox for out vet office.

Cons

It really is not a con, but it would be nice to have more storage. We are on year 3 and I am having to start clearing out files to keep our storage space. However that in itself is a huge perk. It took our vet clinic 3 years to fill the storage up.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

How easy it was to work with and truly the fact that I can pin it to the task bar on every computer and that we can get to it on our phones. It's can be everywhere and in this day and age that makes all the difference.

Anne from Onsite-group

Industry: Security and Investigations

No More Lost Files

Much preferred using dropbox than Sharepoint. Dragv file to your dropbox folder ligation and that's where it is on your harddrive, no wasted time searching in cloud for location of saved files.

Pros

If internet access is not available at time of file upload dropbox will save upload and commence once internet is available. Can retrieve previous versions of uploads and undelete actions. You can assign users and grant permission type to users. You can decide who gets to see what in your dropbox, whether complete access/viewing of while drive or just certain documentation or file locations. You can remove user access at anytime thereby blockingv the user from unw anted access. You can decide whether files you share can be edited or just reviewed. Funded dropbox owner greater control of who sees what and what takes they can perform. Owner can remove certain parts of dropbox from syncing therefore reducing the amount of time fur uploads to be performed.

Cons

Upload time depends on how much you have saved in your dropbox. The less files the faster the upload.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Found SharePoint to be more confusing when saving or uploading files.

Roberto Antonio from Marketing - Brasil Crachás

Essential for file sharing

Dropbox is a must for the company. We keep everything necessary there, so we feel safe to keep our files backed up. We have a lot of peace of mind. When we have to write to several people in the same document, we do it without any worries. It's quite useful and straightforward. It's also easy to upload an important document that everyone in the office has to view and download. Communication is easy and effective. The smartphone application works very well, is very well optimized and allows for easy use. We don't always have to be on the PC to use Dropbox.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use the Business version of Dropbox. It dramatically increases the productivity of teamwork because several people can edit the same document at the same time. It's great when there's a meeting to take notes or edit a report. Everything improves with the integration you have with Zoom; there's a perfect collaborative work dynamic. It's imperative to have backups of relevant documents that are handled in the company, so we always have everything stored in the Dropbox cloud, including files to programming. The security is impeccable, so in case of an emergency, we can always have access without this kind of inconvenience. The two-factor authentication is extra protection that is very useful for delicate operations within the account. The design is simple, intuitive and useful. I think it's perfect because it does everything you need. There's nothing to interrupt the experience, no unnecessary animations.

Cons

Uploading big files takes a long time, no matter how good your Internet connection is. Speed is limited for some reason I don't know, and that happens on every device in the office. The changes sometimes take a little while to synchronize. They are small details that I think must be improved to be the perfect software of this type.

Hao Ci from Sports

Dropbox review

Dropbox is so far the best cloud storage and syncing services platform, it satisfies my security concern for files sharing and it is a software I would recommend companies.

Pros

Dropbox provides easy file synchronization and supports files sharing, this allows companies to share, exchange and modify information in the cloud storage, which increases the productivity of workers as they can access the data everywhere besides improving the collaboration. Dropbox also provides access to deleted files and documents which is very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing much to complain about dropbox, the feature and performance are very outstanding as compared to other cloud storage service, the only disadvantage I personally could think of is its price.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Dropbox has a better file syncing feature and it does provide file encryption thus, providing a more secure platform.

Cloud Storage that Focus on Needs

Now we have control over data as we can access data from both phone and desktop. We don't have to worry about losing data as we know it is secure with Dropbox Business.

Pros

Dropbox Business has helped us to back up our company and personal data easily. Having a desktop and mobile applications helps to access the cloud stored data from everywhere whenever we need it. In a desktop, files and folders to be backed up are easily dragged to the shortcut on desktop which is convenient and easy. Dropbox Business allows the administrator to give other users controlled access to data in our company thereby providing a platform for easy team work as data is made available for team's access everywhere they are. You can also give links to individuals that don't have access credentials to download data from the account without logging in.

Cons

Dropbox Business has no Artificial Intelligence to recognize and group data on its own, it depends on the user to put files in order before backing up.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Dropbox has the best customer support and has no downtimes thereby making it reliable. It has beautiful interface and it is easy to use.

Carlos from Centro de Salud Santa Ines UCAB

Store documents in the Cloud and share documents with your co-workers.

Dropbox is, without a doubt, the best existing software to store and synchronize documents in the cloud. Having this software in your work will get many benefits to store, share and edit documents in the cloud, as its options work splendidly, far outperforming the competition. Another ivaluable element that Dropbox has is its security for the storage and transfer of information, for many years Dropbox has been in charge of perfecting its security system and thus be more appealing for large companies. A software that I always recommend.

Pros

The storage and synchronization of information in the cloud is one of the most useful tools for businesses today. This service makes it very easy for companies to share and modify files in the cloud, creating a new generation of workers more productive and efficient in their work. Dropbox is a beneficial software for you and your company for the following aspects. -In addition to storing information in the cloud, you can synchronize your Dropbox folder with other devices and users, facilitating the transfer of information. -You have excellent levels of security to share confidential files from your company to other users. File transfers are done through SSL with AES-256 encryption. -Create direct links and share them with the users you want. -Dropbox has a multiplatform application, which allows you to use the software on Android and IOS. -Dropbox has contracts with other service companies, whether they are creators of online stores, websites, companies and much more. -Synchronize a folder from your pc or smartphone with Dropbox, and when you copy any document to this folder, it will automatically be hosted in the Dropbox cloud. -Send large files seamlessly with Dropbox.

Cons

This software has a remarkable performance, and its features were designed exclusively for hosting information in the cloud, in addition to synchronization with other devices and users using Dropbox. I have used these aspects for a few years, achieving my work goals and establishing a very important file base. Dropbox has everything I need and I have never had any mishaps when I use it.

Karasinghe Arachchige from AIH Group

Dropbox Business

In a nutshell, this software help to guarantee security satisfaction for sharing sensitive documents for connected stakeholders in the digital platform. Moreover, saves invaluable time for company operations when transferring sensitive data and information at the multinational level. Last but not least, reduce unnecessary courier fees to third-party companies to send vital files, therefore ensure maximum cost savings for companies while boosting the ROI for the company.

Pros

1. Ease of use to this software can be considered as one of the best features in this software because you just need to either do drag and drop or copy and paste. 2. Enable to link various devices through different platforms (Windows, Android, Mac) 3. Allow sharing massive files that cannot be shared through official Email communications like Microsoft Outlook. 4. Guaranteed security for sharing documents because the stakeholders are aware that unlike Emails; only connected people have access to view these items. 5. Ease of upload from Mobile phones is recognized as the best feature. 6. Any activity inside the Dropbox notifies at the same time between the connected parties. For Example, if someone deleted a file from one end, instantly sharing messages among other devices like PC and pop up as small notifications. 7. Allows the company to expand the storage space is an ultimate feature as it helps the company to reduce physical archives and renting spaces. 8. It can allow third parties to share the files despite them having Dropbox software; therefore help to reduce the work time and enhance operational efficiency.

Cons

1. Sometimes it takes time to upload the files despite a strong broadband facility available since some of the connected direct stakeholders in the loop had to wait to see the shared file for some time which I did by using my PC 2. For Mobile Dropbox users, not getting a pop-up notification when activity was done by using a PC 3. Not Experienced visible updates

David from Largerview Technical Services

My GoTo Cloud Storage and Sharing System

It's my central file sharing and syncing system. I've used it personally and professionally for years. As an IT Tech, I'm always recommending it to companies. It works easily and reliably. My largest deployment is for 40 employees who are all sharing a common data drive. I almost never have to trouble shoot anything.

Pros

It just works! I can't stress enough how much this matters. The program is easy to use on the desktop (Mac and PC) and the web interface is great as well if you are on a guest computer. Syncing is fast and doesn't slow the computer. Mobile access is super easy and fast as well.

Cons

I can't think of anything wrong with it. I've been using it for years... maybe it could be free, but that seems unfair to ask...

The flawless functionality.

Amy from Union Realty Brokerage Inc.

Dropbox is Great

Overall experience has been great. I've tried other programs in the past such as OneDrive and Google Drive and I haven't liked either as much as I like Dropbox.

Pros

I love that when I sync it to my desktop it acts as though it's files on my computer. So I don't need to open and close the browser, I can just move files the same way I would if I was saving them on my computer. Love that it syncs with multiple computers as well so there's no wait time with email documents, we just put them into dropbox and everyone immediately has access.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like about Dropbox. I would love to be able to create users and control what they have access to so that I could keep some folders private. Or another great features would be to have some folders password protected, that way I would be able to control who had the password and could access them.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Again the organization was just far above that of OneDrive and Google Drive.

Brice from Launch Lab, inc

Excellent Solution

Very happy with the software and would not consider replacing it.

Pros

Love the ease of use and the permission based folder nesting capabilities. We actually use Dropbox as a client visual workflow system as well as the standard file sharing system. Our clients love it. Our team loves it.

Cons

Their additional products are too simple. Paper is close but limited in usefulness and showcase is too simple and lacking in functionality. Both products have glimpses of what they could be but they fall short option, ease of use, and flexibility wise.

It just worked better.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

The Perfect Solution for File Storage

My overall experience with Dropbox Business has been great. It has made our organization for productive and we've spent less time searching for files and folders (Dropbox's search functionality is very helpful). I can also print files directly from my iPhone using my printer's app, which can easily be synched with my Dropbox account. Since our computers and laptops are in separate rooms, this functionality is perfect for printing Dropbox files when not physically in front of the computer. Also, with the Dropbox app, I can easily find, attach, and send any file in my account via email. It's perfect for business individuals who are on the go. Prior to using Dropbox, almost everyone kept files on their laptops. This really wasn't effective and involved a lot of email messaging and overlap of files. Dropbox solved this problem quite nicely for us. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Pros

Dropbox really is the perfect solution for file storage. What separates Dropbox's individual subscription (Basic) from its business subscription is the ability assign multiple users with unique email addresses. The Standard and Advanced options both come with 3 user licenses. This is not to say that only 3 users can access your files. Sharing occurs at the admin level, and admins can share files with other Dropbox users (including Basic and Plus users). This is one of the great benefits of using Dropbox. My favorite feature, however, is Dropbox's simplicity. It is super easy to create top-level directories and then add sub-directories (and sub-sub-directories, etc). For example, our top-level folders are Contracts, Art Files, Manuscripts, Schedules. Within our Manuscripts folder are sub-folders (e.g., Anthologies, Fiction, Nonfiction). You can customize or create as many file folders as needed, but hopefully this gives you some example of the options available to you. It's also very easy to rename, delete, and move files. Another great feature is that deleted files can still be accessed for 30 days. Always good in case a file is unintentionally deleted. Admins can also synch Dropbox to their laptops for easy file search and navigation.

Cons

There is really nothing I do not like about using DropBox Business. The storage size of 3 TB far exceeds what we currently need, but this is not a bad thing. The pricing is competitive. The home page of your account will display Recent files, which is great if you are working on the same file over a period of days or weeks. I simply cannot think of a single negative about this storage solution.

good product but needs improvement

Still better than not having a shared server at all. Has a large amount of space offered so we don't have to worry about losing files. Licenses and teams are also easy to manage.

Pros

The ability to access files anytime, anywhere, especially from a mobile device. Intuitive and always evolving to be better. It's also widely known so most people don't need much training on it.

Cons

Lack of customer support - they just refer you to guides and FAQs. We also received no help in our initial setup and after having the software for a while, there are countless things we could have done better to share and organize our folders. Glitchy sometimes - on multiple occasions I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the desktop app to make it work Files are not collaborative enough. At this point, you'd imagine Dropbox would work like google sheets where you and someone else can edit the same document at the same time. But instead, you have to deal with conflicted duplicate files. Billing could be explained better. We have multiple entities in our business and need to split our bill regularly but dropbox doesn't make it easy to code specific users or licenses to specific entities under the overarching business account

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

we went with microsoft and weren't familiar with OneDrive at the time. Therefore, no use for Google Sheets as its not cyber protected under our business.

Edward from Grey Group

Dropbox Business Review.

Our company has solved the great problem of not being able to save amounts of information, files or transactions, because we did not have a safe place to store these important documents, that is why we lost a lot of information, important documents, valuable transactions for us, also that we had that change the computers monthly, because they were saturated and we could not recover them, thanks to this software, all these problems were solved, now these documents are not lost, they are automatically saved in the cloud and With just a few clicks, we have access to all of them , which facilitates our work and allows us to finish jobs in our homes that were incomplete or that need more time to do them, we could send them to the cloud, download them to our home, terminals and recharge, exponentially increasing the productivity of the company.

Pros

Dropbox is very easy to use, just take a few minutes to register and once this is done, you can save any amount of information you want in the cloud, important documents, photos, files, transactions, empty your computer or mobile phone to not slow them down. or saturate them with information, and you will not lose any file due to damage or theft of your computer, since synchronizing it with your device or computer will automatically save any file, making it one of the safest methods to save files in the world. It should be noted that you can share any document or information with anyone who uses the program, without having full access, only what you want.

Cons

The drawback is the limited space available for the cloud, since it can save a large number of files, but there comes a time when it reaches this limit and you must pay a special fee to add more memory to the cloud, which I consider very high for the common user or the company that is thinking of acquiring this software, in addition to the folders can not be customized, so you can not specify well to be each, I hope that in future updates you can correct these small details, but In general It is excellent software.

Jonathan from Production Glue

Dropbox Keeps Our Documents Safe, Secure, and Easy to Access

We use Dropbox Business in our office to keep our records in one place for our team. It's especially helpful because we have certain files that are shared across the entire company, and then we also have certain files only used for my own team. It's very easy to create a file, upload a document, and share it with other people. It's also far more secure than other platforms in terms of keeping log of confidential information.

Pros

I love that it is easy to create a folder and have it shared with many people at one time. It's also great to have this set up on my computer in my own Quick Access files, so I can just drag and drop documents from my saved documents and downloads into a Dropbox file. My company has always used dropbox, and having the business account gives us enough space so we can keep all our records in one secure place.

Cons

It's not quite as complex and doesn't quite offer the features of Google Drive or other cloud storage platforms, but it is simple and it does the job. It is also very easily cluttered when you have too many people sharing things across platforms.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox

Dropbox is the most well known online storage system and is a no-brainer for our company in terms of our needs.

Sara from Boise State University

Dropbox: Quality for Use!

Overall, this has been an absolutely fabulous product and software for us to use. We recommend it to campus partners, our students, and our new staff always love having access and training to use this!

Pros

I think that this software was very ahead of its time when it came out. On campus unfortunately some of our students experience difficulty in saving onto university drives in areas such as our student union building, or in our libraries. Having access to a software like this allows them to safely store and save information, and doesn't clog up any home screens or memory on their own personal devices. The free trials have been excellent for our team to test out this product! I like that there are different plans that you can purchase based on how much you need to save, and there are additional cool features like sharing permissions, audits, and support options. Something that really stood out to me was the fact that you can get phone or chat support. Chat support is SO, SO ideal for our team to use since we are constantly on our computers and always on student phone calls, so being able to utilize chat while we are still able to do work is an incredible feature and a really big win for us! The storage space on the "Standard" plan is an insanely good deal for us and the amount of information we need to store. The remote wipe has also been an amazing security feature and helps with peace of mind. Knowing that you can use the features for the smart syncs and operate off of the admin dashboards has been really fun for us, we have loved doing group trainings to learn about these things and to also learn about the amount of apps you can connect to and utilize with this!

Cons

I don't have anything that I didn't like! One of the best features that our students and team have discussed is that you can use the thirty day free trial truly for free; you don't need to provide a credit card which is a big plus for us; so many of our students don't want to enter in that kind of personal information and this is just such a fantastic option for them. Something that stands out about this product compared to competitors is that you can get billed yearly or monthly. This is a big plus to us as we can do mass purchases for our teams to store on for one yearly fee so we just have to allocate one purchase card order instead of doing them every month if we had utilized the monthly option.

Peter from Columbia Data Products - Snapback

Dropbox is the perfect solution to store all my files in a safe, secure and available way at all tim

Dropbox has become the best solution of the company to store information, regardless of its volume, since this system offers us an unlimited space, we can also share these files with colleagues and members of our team, modify them if necessary and update that data from the browser or any mobile device, which really reduces time and prevents complications such as unexpected transfers to the office This platform offers a large number of applications that are very functional and interesting, as far as our work environment has been felt, since it has improved the performance and effectiveness of the activities in the company. Another aspect that has been very useful to us, is that we have reduced in large quantity the use of paper, boxes of files and the most important thing is that we have recovered physical space that we had previously occupied. .

Pros

This system allows us to store large content files, which are able to synchronize to other computers in which we share important information with our work team, colleagues or users in the network. Its installation was very simple to make, since we only had to download an application and create an account. Dropbox gives us great security since all the files are totally encrypted in keys, the transmission of the data is done through the TLS and SSL protocols, which gives great security to our files. It also offers an application for phones, so we can create a local folder on the device that we choose, which can be synchronized with an online version and thus have all our files available even when offline. Through the Dropbox Business function we simplify the management of teams by being able to monitor all of our company's team. Another aspect that we liked very much is that this system is integrated into Site W, which allows us to create a website, store documents , images, videos, etc., we can also share files.

Cons

I really think that Dropbox is a platform that is perfectly structured in all its aspects, whose properties are very functional, for all this it is the indispensable tool that every professional, entrepreneur or user in general.

samuel from Self-employed

Industry: Graphic Design

Dropbox is a good cloud storage platform… Dropbox Business makes it Better

For a Graphic Designer, Dropbox has been the most useful tools for me to deliver project to my clients for the past 6 years. It is easy to navigate and sharing of files to a third party is simple and convenient using the Share Link feature. Dropbox has helped a lot in my business and backups; Dropbox Business expands my experience with more storage and other features. The mobile apps makes it even easier to use, I can easily view, edit and share my files anywhere I am, without waiting to use the PC. Throughout the years of using Dropbox, I have no trouble with my files; they are safely stored on the cloud.

Pros

Dropbox is recommended it for anyone looking for ease to use online storage. There is clean user interface, easy to learn for new users. Dropbox made it possible to share files to a third party, manage file’s permissions, and allow users to protect their files with password, this helps user’s file locked to unauthorized access. My favourite will be the Add to my Dropbox feature. With this, I don’t have to download files shared to me; I can just transfer them to my Dropbox account with a single click, no matter the size. Dropbox have a perfect synchronizing feature called Smart Sync that allows users to use a single account on multiple devices easily. Dropbox created a convenient environment for their users, with mobile app for both Android and iOS users and also a PC app, which are more convenient to use. The PC App create a folder on the PC which all already files on the Dropbox account automatically sync to the PC which makes downloading unnecessary, also the folder is a perfect way to upload to Dropbox with easy Copy and Paste, other benefit of using Dropbox App is the ability to pause uploading of files. Dropbox offers a free Basic account with 2G available storage for each sign ups, which is a small storage for professional users. Over the years, I had to upgrade my basic account to PLUS account which offer additional storage space of 3TB and some other features. Dropbox offer 30 days Free Trial on Business Account which is good to test the plan.

Cons

Dropbox offers are clean with a stress-free platform that I can hardly think of a disadvantage, but I will say the first major problem I have with Dropbox, which is inability to pause uploading of files on the webpage. Before the apps are available, uploading of files can be frustrating; any interruption to the internet connection to the PC will make the uploading to starting all over, which is why I recommend using the apps. The Free Basic Account is limited to 2GB which is small amount of space and users need to upgrade the Plus Account. And for some reason, Monthly payment options are more expensive than Yearly payment options, which is ridiculous.

Ahead of it's time when it came out, and now... not so much

Pros

For obvious reasons, this is the most well-known cloud storage platform available. It pioneered the category and has been incredibly useful and valuable to many personal users, small businesses and more. Selective Sync is a great feature (when it works properly) which allows users to select only certain files to sync to their device from a large folder, rather than the root folders themselves. Team collaboration and the desktop app for Windows and OSX are serviceable, for the most part.

Cons

I get headaches when I create the endless laundry list of ways that Dropbox has fallen to the wayside compared to newer offerings like Box and Google Drive. Specifically for medium-sized businesses, I would absolutely NEVER recommend using Dropbox for teams with storage bases larger than ~500GB. Selective Sync rarely works properly, and by default, LAN Sync is enabled in the desktop app. You might think, that sounds great! LAN connection has to be faster than regular internet syncing, right? Absolutely not the case if you have more than 4 computers in a general range of one another and an internet speed of >30mpbs (standard in most businesses nowadays). Not just in my business, but in many friends/clients/colleague's cases, the same problem plagues us all: the "online-only" and active sync is absolute garbage, and is almost false advertising. Being the de facto IT person in our business, I can't count on two hands how many times the entire DB feed clogs sync, to sometimes ~30K+ files in a pending queue, which never resolves itself, even over the weekend. Atrociously slow download and upload speeds plague the platform, even on good internet connection speed environments, since Dropbox throttles upload and download speeds by default. Why on earth would you do that by default? In short, don't walk, RUN away from using this program as fast as you can if you're a small-medium business looking for cloud storage. Use literally any alternative - Google Drive, Box, ANYTHING.

Behzod from Texas Tech University

One of the most trusted names in online cloud storage

Overall I prefer using DB over other cloud storage providers. Because Dropbox is widely accepted service among businesses and academia. This makes it easier when you are working with different teams on a project.

Pros

I've been using Dropbox Business (DB) for about 5 years now and highly recommend it for anyone looking cloud service for storage, synchronization between different devices, and general file backup. Here are the pros of the service: 1) Extended File Version History: DB keeps historical versions of files and allows you to see or download different versions of your file for the last 120 days. If something goes wrong you can always download last successful version. This is one of my mostly used features; previously I manually saved each version of my files to restore if something goes wrong. 2) MS Office Integration: You can edit MS Office files even if you don't have Office software installed in your machine. You can use your browser to edit documents an changes will be automatically saved. 3) DB allows password protect and expirable shared links. Which is great if you're sharing sensitive documents. 4) DB comes with 3Tb worth of storage. 5) Learning curve and user interface: DB is super easy to learn, it satisfies needs of both technology newbies as well as technologically inclined people 6) A lot of third party applications work with your documents saved in Dropbox. If you open DB on internet browser and right click on file, DB will immediately offer different software options to OPEN/EDIT your files. Eg: PDF, photo editors, music/video players, etc. 7) Speed of synchronization is super fast, even if you're dealing with large Gb files.

Cons

So far I didn't have any issues with Dropbox. Developer keeps adding new and useful features, so nothing to complain about it.

Wendy from Utah Valley University

Makes working at different locations easy

Pros

Sometimes I work from home, sometimes I go into the office, sometimes I work off my laptop. Using Dropbox makes it so great not to have to worry about having the most recent version of files available. Years ago I had to e-mail myself the latest copies of spreadsheets when I knew I'd be working in a different location. The Smart Sync is a wonderful way to save disk space by customizing which files you want stored on your hard drive and which files you want stored only in the cloud. They've recently fixed an issue I was having with Windows search not being able to find the file names of files stored only in the cloud - now searching for file names of files stored in the cloud works with my Windows 10. I have been saved more than once by being able to go back to previous version of a file and restore it when unintentional changes had been made to a file. Being able to go back and restore deleted files has also been helpful. I love being able to access my files from any browser on any computer and on my mobile devices. Sharing files and folders is so easy by just giving the other person a link. At work, some teams that I am on use a shared folder to store files for the whole group to access.

Cons

When I've had to contact customer service, sometimes I've felt like they didn't really understand my problem and provided solutions that didn't apply to my problem. Other times they've been great. Often I've been able to find information on their help section when I've had questions about a feature or problem, but not always.

Ross from Massey University

Probably my favourite cloud storage but it's expensive

I use dropbox for a variety of my academic requirements. I recommend the free version to my students for both assignment backup and group research collaboration. I use the business version to coordinate a variety of projects from research grant material and theses to, as mentioned previously, syncing my entire zotero library. Between both Dropbox for business and google drive, my cloud storage needs are met and I think that each offers enough unique benefits that I do not see myself opting out of wither anytime soon.

Pros

I love how well file sync works and how reliable it is. For one of my primary uses of dropbox (Zotero library syncing) Dropbox is the only offering I've never had an issue with. I also like the variability in sync options from "full folder" to "smartsync" and in between. This helps keep the storage down on some of my portable devices without me having to go about the hassle of managing multiple accounts. Dropbox was one of the first cloud storage and sync offerings and I think the backbone they built their software on is still as strong as ever and the mobile versions are excellent too.

Cons

The biggest con to dropbox for business is that it is priced so far above the two main competitors that come to my mind (google drive and Onedrive). It's a shame because there are a lot of little things that just seem to be better implemented on dropbox. It's also sometimes fiddly to get it around a proxy server in the workplace an issue that has improved but still lingers (particularly with archaic proxies) and this is one of those things that can actually make a program unusable, because you quickly learn to rely on it and if it is not functioning you can lose a day of work easily without realising it.

Pamela from Packly

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Clever and effective tool for file sharing and storage

Dropbox is a great workspace to storage and organize any kind of files. It increases my productivity every day. I installed it on every device I use, both for work and personal purposes and I cannot live without it. In just a few clicks I can upload, download or view the files I need. The sharing possibility with everyone is a salvation when working with other teammates or external customers.

Pros

It is a complete online file sharing and storage service. You can register for free to Dropbox basic or you can decide to upgrade to Dropbox PLus (1TB of space) or to subscribe to the Dropbox Business Plan available in three different variants: Standard - Advanced - Enterprise. The Business Plan includes 30 days of free trial. By creating a Dropbox Basic account you get 2GB of space for free. You can increase your space by completing some steps provided by Dropbox, such as: Dropbox App installation on your device, referral programme, and so on. The Business Plan offers 3TB of space and many other additional features you might find on the website. You can easily upload, download and view your files that are stored in one single space and that could be always accessible and shareable with anyone through a simple web link. The files could be sort in specific folders and each folder could be shared with different person. One space, multiple uses. When you delete a file you can recover it for a certain time (determine by the active plan). Thanks to Dropbox’s Smart Sync, your devices will always be synchronized and your files always available. Delta-updates cleverly manage amended files. When you edit a single word of an already uploaded file, Dropbox will only upload the variation preserving the rest. LAN syncing among devices on the same local network You can set specific privacy conditions to each file you upload or share.

Cons

Commercial initiatives to push users switching to paid plans are very intrusive. No business invoice for Plus, only for Pro. That makes not so much sense to me and could be a big issue for the company. It has a free useful alternative, not so advanced but really valuable: Google Drive.

Chad from MOZAY

Still the easiest way to implement cloud storage

Dropbox is one of the best cloud sync storage providers. Google Drive is a big contender and has been steadily improving, but Drive is trying to land a solid service while Dropbox's desktop sync software still shines.

Pros

My biggest advocation for Dropbox is how it integrates cloud backups into your computer's native file structure. Having on-computer search and version management is amazing. Just when their software was getting stale, Dropbox introduced their Smart Sync feature. Smart sync is a fantastic way to manage thousands of files easily on any device, whether that's a custom-made PC workhorse or a MacBook Air. Smart Sync surpasses Selective Sync in almost every way, but it's not perfect. Dropbox Business also introduces simultaneous personal and work accounts, which is fantastic. Because nearly everyone I know has a personal dropbox that they don't necessarily want backed up with work files. Dropbox handles these two accounts smoothly, letting you have two dropbox folders on your computer and allowing you to manage permissions individually. I prefer it over Box.com and OneDrive. Even though those pieces of software may have more admin management tools, they show their age by how cluttered and complicated those tools are to manage. Dropbox is simple so you don't have to spend more time managing users than you have to.

Cons

The way Dropbox handles their billing cycles is annoying and costly for rapidly adding and removing users. We use the annual billing cycle. If you go over your user cap, you have to pay for a full year of another user account immediately. Staying under your user cap doesn't get you a prorated rate and you don't get reimbursed for users you don't use. Versioning and file change management has always been good with Dropbox, but recently it's been making some larger mistakes that can take hours or even days to sync up, even with a small team. It would be good if you could set a folder or file owner who had specific privileges. Like only the owner can delete team-shared files, and the owner's version trumps version conflicts. Smart sync is great, but it still has some bugs - especially when new folders are added by other team members.

Joel from Infor

UNBEATABLE Cloud Storage!!

Very Amazing!! Very Fast and Reliable sync capabilities of cloud Storage, Very easy to Use, Budget Friendly, User-friendly, with Reliable Security feature.

Pros

Awesome!!! It is One of the Best-known cloud and file sharing services, while it offers storage as well syncing for all files..... -Perfectly designed to Backup your hard drive. -It is Budget Friendly -User Friendly -Very Fast File Sync - Reliable security feature I've been using Dropbox for 3 years now. I can store any type of file in it. It helps me a lot on my work, especially as a programmer, I don't have to worry on bringing USB at all, I just sync my file. Plus, the integration with other apps such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and a lot more.. Can't live without it... it's a very huge help in my career and as my personal backup tool.

Cons

There's nothing I can say bad about this cloud storage. Everyone should try it and benefit from its very important and effective services. You will also be amazed.

The king of online storage with some caveats

Pros

The core product of Dropbox is rock solid. It's an easy to use, fast, no nonsense online storage and file sharing service. Sharing content with a link is very good and easy to use, plus the option to receive comments on this content is very welcome for many professionals. Shared folders appear in your collaborators respective Dropbox and sync instantly. Nerdy things like delta-updates (meaning that if you change a single word to your file, it only uploads the difference and not the whole file again), LAN syncing (computers in the same local network don't have to download shared folders' content) are not just nice to have, but a core details that push Dropbox over the top.

Cons

Lately Dropbox has been trying to nickel and dime Plus users: their new file streaming functionality in reserved only for Pro (their mid tier). Additionally, they have been pushing heavily for either Free or Plus users to upgrade to more costly tiers, quite obtrusively. Also, they couldn't issue a business invoice for my Plus account, as this was only possible for Pro account -- although it's clearly a business expense for me. So personally, after being a Plus customer for years, it made more sense to stick with the Free plan for some basic collaboration and storage, and switch to G Suite Google Drive, which doesn't have fancy things like delta-updates and isn't as straightforward as Dropbox, but what it does have is infinite storage and file streaming built-in. All in all, you can decide what's best for you, but choose wisely because switching between these services can be quite a headache.

Brittany from Safe Home Pro, Inc.

Our company relies on Dropbox everyday

Works great for our company, keeps us all connected, does what we need it to do. We rely on this heavily everyday.

Pros

We have this app setup on our desktops and iPads. It is a GREAT program to integrate with other programs such as Adobe PDF on my iPad. I rely on this heavily everyday for putting proposals together. It is so incredibly easy to save all of my sales proposals straight onto the dropbox app from my iPad Adobe PDF app which saves me so much time and energy. Our company could not function without Dropbox. All of our files are saved and shared through this software. When we receive purchase orders through the fax, my scheduling team is able to pull my sales proposals that I have put together without needing to ask me for them. The file is easy to move around, I can access this remotely from home which is nice.

Cons

We have had a lot of issues with lagging on our desktops, our IT technician told us that the slowness of our desktops was caused by the dropbox app. I am not sure if this is true or not.. I have also had issues with the dropbox file deleting from my desktop files in my favorites section, so I've had to go find it and drag it back out to my favorites on my mac desktop. The other issue is sometimes the file will get really slow and then not find the files at all, a question mark will pop up and it will say cannot connect to server, I then have to go to the top left of my desktop click on the "Go" tab and then click "Connect to server", and it will finally connect and load the files. I'm not sure if this is a setup issue but we have not had it as bad recently as it used to be..

Josemaria from Maynilad Student Services

Dropbox for teams!

Dropbox has stood the test of time and the threats of similar (and cheaper) services available out there. It just goes to show the quality, bang-for-every-buck, ease of use, beauty, and simplicity of this service. Every single thing you love about personal Dropbox is now made collaborative and available for Teams and Businesses.

Pros

I've been using Dropbox since it came out in 2007. It was one of the first and just worked for me. The limited space (2GB) had me take advantage of its additional space promo via inviting as many people to use it and therefore earn an extra 500MB from each one referred to Dropbox. Dropbox just works for me. It works on the background without much toll on my PC's resources. My teammates also have personal dropbox but we realized we needed more storage capacity, and we needed a way to work more collaboratively using the same space. This is when we decided to try Dropbox for Business. Everything you love about personal (free) Dropbox is made available to Team members! Shared space simplifies our workflow and file sharing/access. The limits as Dropbox puts it "As much space as needed" is a great assurance that we won't run out of storage space mid-way through the project. Our Infra/Systems Admin also likes Dropbox because certain tasks are facilitated for them, e.g., easy to setup Single-Sign-On (SSO) for authentication and Invites, Tiered admin roles and advanced admin console. Even our own company domain can be integrated and used for verification. Plus, devices that connect to the service may also be monitored and controlled. These are all crucial for security and operations management.

Cons

Since this is Cloud-based, provisions on Internet bandwidth has to be ensured, otherwise, it may appear to be slow for your teams who work on files synced via the network.

Mario from Koombea Inc.

If I could I would not use a hard drive on my mac, but a dropbox folder

Cloud Storage as its best, forget about zipping, emailing, uploading to whatever hosting site your files, the best way to keep your files in the cloud is DropBox.

Pros

Your every files and folder in one safe, secure place, easy to access and manage. Our company has a business account with several terabytes, it allows us to keep pretty much everything there, organized and managed. Our employees has access to their personal folders to keep their own files, and also with a set of automation we give them access to other folders, such as HR files, blueprints, etc. It is a great tool to keep also your files in sync, every time someone update a file or adds a file to a folder you will get it right away in your dropbox. The native apps allows you to also have several other feedback like real time notifications and keep a session always open. Dropbox allows you to have a local folder too, so in case you want to work offline you are also able to do it. One other plus, the support team, I contacted them because I had a problem to sign in into my account and they were able to solve my problem in minutes, I was expecting the always we will reply back in 1 biz day, DropBox support team will help you right away.

Cons

If you don't pay attention to the files you have in your local storage it can easily drain your hard drive space dry, there is no automation for removing large file or not often opened files, when you are collaborating on a folder it will just sits there in your local machine. It would be great if you could setup settings like, automatically remove files I haven't use in X time, or do not load files larger than X megabytes.

Jonathan from American Red Cross

Fast and reliable file syncing with a ton of great features

Pros

My team uses Dropbox Business to sync files across devices and share documents both amongst ourselves and with external audiences. The tight integration with the Finder on Mac means we can treat our Dropbox folders as our default file storage location and not worry about what is or isn't being synced. The 2TB of storage is more than many people even have on their computer to begin with, so we never worry about running out of space. One of my favorite features is the ability to save, by default, all your screenshots to Dropbox. As a result, when I capture something on my screen, it automatically gets saved to the cloud and saves the link to my clipboard. So my workflow of sharing a screenshot is super quick. I also love the ability to selectively sync certain files. That's great for large video files that I want to have access to without taking up space on my laptop's limited hard drive. The granular controls for sharing certain files and folders also makes collaboration a breeze. We deal with a lot of creative assets like logos, color palettes, etc., and sharing a single folder with all of that stuff is one of our favorite features.

Cons

The various types of licenses has really expanded in recent years, and led to some confusing tiers. I worry that they might be headed down a path similar to apps like Evernote where the developers fall victim to scope creep. For instance, Dropbox apps like Paper are interesting, but ultimately not too much more useful than other document collaboration apps like Google Drive (which also allows editing from non-business tier users).

Ramon from University of Oriente

Dropbox is an application that allows users to store and synchronize files online and between comp.

The benefits that I have obtained from dropbox are good and many since it has served to keep most of my personal documents well protected and able to access them from anywhere in the world with only having an internet connection

Pros

It is a storage service in the cloud that offers an excellent option to share a folder at a time. It offers applications for the most popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux among others and the possibility of synchronizing so that files are available on any device. It offers the possibility to see the photos in an online gallery. It allows us to obtain the download link of any file, share it or send it quickly to other users or simply copy it. Their applications have very clean and tidy designs, they offer us the right thing and no more than that, they are fast and efficient, and they are free in all their versions. It offers the possibility of using a virtual hard disk, it only requires an internet connection to be able to synchronize in other devices. Share files without adding mail and invite people to shared folders, although they can only see and not edit anything.

Cons

If you stop using it for a long time approximately more than three months I will start to tell you that you have to log in to your account so that it passes the inactivity status and if you do not do it in a short time they will cancel the Dropbox account you had with them, that is to keep your servers updated and be able to free space in them. In the computers and in general in any device, only the files that are saved in the folder called My Dropbox, which is automatically created in our account, are synchronized, what is outside that folder is considered private. Two people can not work in the same file because a copy of the same file is generated. It does not have the ability to play audio or videos. The free account can sometimes be very limited, you have to switch to a paid account. It does not have an offline mode, which allows you to view and edit the files when you do not have an Internet connection, when other services do offer it.

Reliable and fast-syncing cloud storage app with fair pricing

Storing and syncing files I use frequently between my devices

Pros

To me, the best aspect of Dropbox is that it syncs very quickly and consistently. I never have to wonder if it did or didn't sync my files or folders, which is a problem I've encountered with other apps. That, and it is simple enough to use that even the most computer illiterate people can usually figure it out. Just about everyone knows about it and has seen/used a Dropbox link before, so it makes life easier when trying to share files. The Pro plan (what I use) isn't a bargain, but for the reliability I'd say it's fair enough and worth paying for if you have the budget. It has built in video players, document and image viewers and audio players so that the person you're sharing with doesn't need an external application to view your file.

Cons

For Dropbox to be such a big company, I expect more options for managing and sharing my files, especially in the mobile app. Sometimes, it is very frustrating trying to figure out how to carry out a certain action, or worse, realizing there's no built in feature for that action at all. I'm not sure if this is Dropbox's way of trying to "dumb down" the application to try and simplify things for its users, but it sure would be nice for them to figure out how to strike a balance between usability and functionality. Also, it used to be easier to get a decent amount of storage with their sharing promos, but now the amount of storage available on free is outclassed by several other cloud apps, making it less appealing. They need an option between the free version and the Pro version for people who don't need more than 10 GB but not 1 TB of cloud storage.

Perfect when it works, catastrophic when it doesn't

Pros

It's super easy to use. Because it just appears like another folder on your computer, it's seamless. The online version pairs well with it, giving access to previous versions, the ability to restore deleted files (priceless!), and a relatively granular ability to share files and folders with pretty much anyone. The best thing overall is just knowing that all my files are safely backed up in the cloud. If anything goes wrong with my computer, I can sync up dropbox on another computer and be ready to go.

Cons

I have worked at two different companies where huge chunks of files disappeared from dropbox. In both cases we were told that it was our fault. In both cases it was the users "responsible" were the dropbox admins who weren't even working when it happened. In both cases, after some headaches and freakouts, the files were mostly restored. In the second case, though, not all the files were restored. The only way to tell what was missing was to log in to the web version, show deleted files, and look for the time stamp of when all the files were deleted. Then it was a matter of manually restoring those. We are still, over a year later, finding files that need to be manually restored. The second issue I have with the software is the navigation flow of the online web site. I am someone who navigates primarily with a keyboard when browsing to folders. This is impossible online. If I click "s" to go to a folder that starts with that letter, dropbox jumps to the first folder with that letter and selects the checkbox next to it. I can't keep typing letters to get to the specific folder I want within the s's. I also then have to uncheck the box that dropbox automatically selected in order to get to the folder I do want. The previous design of their web site didn't do this and the update frustrates me at least several times every week.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 16,542 reviews