ServiceBox Reviews

4.27 / 5 (98) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "The cost and ease of use. It was very easy to implement into the company. The apps are great also."

• "I love how easy the program is to use, you can jump right into it without any training! Also I like how it is very customizable to the company so any company can make it their own."

• "Easy to navigate with simplified tabs and I like that i can see what jobs have not been started or people cant get to."

• Cons

• "At times the program runs fairly slow. It has seemed to improve as of the past month. Not much to complain about other than that."

• "It has been slow in many occasions. Repairs/upgrades sometimes happen during working hours which I don't agree with. However - this has been getting better. "

• "bogs down, some of the dispatch features could be streamlined if the customer using it has a more rapid need, while search functions are good, they could be expanded for other fields"

Browse ServiceBox Reviews

Ryan from Royal Mechanical Solutions Inc.

Have had this system for a bit over a year now. Would never go back to our old system

Cost of the product. Speed of the access for our techs out doing calls. The time card links work great. The tech support has been top notch. The ability to customize customers

Pros

How it links up to our accounting software. The time card link has proved to pay for itself. We have noticed an increase in employee productivity. Support is very quick and actually being able to speak to a real person right away.

Cons

Every few months I have to go in and clean up the materials list. As it is a learning system if a user spells something different then another it logs this in. On the quoting side. I would like to see a template to speed up the time for standard estimates.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Ryan, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others, we are happy to hear that the system has been working so great for your team! Have an awesome day! Your ServiceBox Team

Michael from Kilmer HVACR Service Inc

Industry: Environmental Services

Take it from a Seasoned Service Box user in the HVAC service field.

I was part of selecting this product for a company I previously worked at, and developed for up to 25 users. It was the highlight of the great things about that company, so it was an easy decision to use at the new company I recently assisted in starting up from nothing. Started setup on a Tuesday, about an hour to complete the main setup, by Thursday I was filling out work orders and invoicing, the following Monday setup Stripe, and away to the races we went. Excellent support as well, the JobBoxSoftware team is incredible.

Pros

Mechanics love the ease of use and understanding, as well as the clients can easily read the mechanics notes and pictures since it’s all digital. In this industry, client and employee retention are the most 2 important things to growth. Happy employees having the tools at their The reporting allows for reconciling invoices and work orders. Stripe Credit Card Payment system was easy to setup, low cost and has really helped open up opportunities to easily solve our client’s problems without having to necessarily go through the credit app process.

Cons

The default settings at initial setup allow for basic user tiers to delete clients, job sites, and work orders. It’s important to make this distinction before adding new users to the platform, an easy fix for the support team, but something to be aware of. The map link to job site, sometimes uses the bill to address, instead of the job site.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceBox

Ease of use, low price buy in, with monthly subscription that was easy to opt out of if we so desired.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceBox

Ease of use. And give our mechanics value by empowering them with the tools that helped them execute well to the client. Even senior techs ~55 yrs old love the platform.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Michael, Thank you for the raving review. It is very important for us here at ServiceBox to have our customers beyond satisfied with our product. It is fantastic to hear that your techs in the field are using our system and enjoying it. Our goal is to make sure that everyone using ServiceBox is enjoying it. If you ever have any ideas for us to improve on, or you are having an issue or bugs, please do not hesitate to shoot us a message using the feedback button. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Sara from Utility Services

Needs to be quicker

It is not what we thought it was going to be and does not function how we'd hoped.

Pros

I like the customization of categories and statuses. Also timesheets.

Cons

I hear constant complaints on how slow it is and the unresponsiveness. In the end it makes more work for me. The search feature is not reliable due to how it sorts through keywords. The scheduler is not user/phone friendly. Too small and clustered.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Sara, Thank you for the review, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to us! I am happy to hear that you're finding ease with our customization and organization for your jobs. Please report unresponsiveness to our help desk in order for us to assist you as quickly as possible. We have done a lot of work for our customers to help and improve their speed and we do not want to leave anyone behind. We are currently in the process of a redesign and update in order to make our product more user/mobile friendly. Hope you have a great day, Your ServiceBox Team

Benjamin from Chillies HVACR Services, LLC

Service box is great!

My overall experience has been fantastic. In the event there was a major issue, the SB team quickly resolved the issue to allow business to operate as normal, they have assisted with company specific operating practices by offering work around a and additionally offer system customizations which I have had done several times for ease of use. Service Box is a great software with a great team behind it, and I tell all colleagues about it all the time.

Pros

Doing commercial refrigeration and HVAC work, I needed a very intense and streamlined work order management system to fully automate everything from quotes, to work orders to invoices, with the capability of recurring work orders for maintenances, complicated tax jurisdictions and class codes along with customer specific pricing and notes along with job sites, and service box allows for everything to be in one place vs accessing many different areas for information.

Cons

I can’t say I dislike anything specifically about ServiceBox, however, I am very detail oriented and like everything to be exact across the board. There are some system functionalities that don’t follow suit from one area of the system to the next, but again, this is hardly a reason to dislike service box.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceBox

All other systems I considered before proceeding with service box fell short of what what I needed out of a work order management system and service box exceeded my expectations.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceBox

Service box’s platform across the board had features that allowed an unlimited amount of overall organization and simplicity for running my business.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for your review of ServiceBox, we are very happy to hear that our product is working exponentially well for you. If there is anything that we can improve on at anytime, or that our systems can sharpen up, please use our feedback button on the bottom of our page. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Support Team

Nathan from AquaTemp

Requested review for ServiceBox

Works well for what we need to do.

Pros

The data storage function for equipment and work orders is very helpful along with the ability to add photos to all relevant fields.

Cons

Previous lack of an inventory module and now the new inventory module updates are slow with a system that does not always work well.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceBox

Cost to license and work load to switch data over.

Giovanni from Electric EEL Enterprises

Service Box Review

Service box and the team have definitely helped us organize our daily schedule and tasks and work orders . We feel like we are in good hands and well supported . Bravo !!

Pros

The system is easy to use and super practical. Its a super great asset to have in your tool box ! the attachment feature is amazing and allows you to upload and store lots of information in the work orders .Robust system and we have lots of confidence in it .

Cons

The recurring work order feature doesn't necessarily work properly . If you are using an Iphone -you cant use the zoom feature for the scheduler . Works great with sage but costly -you are forced to upgrade the sage program yearly and drives the cost to operate the system up considerably The inventory feature also needs to be better . The system should allow you to create file folders for job sites .

The easy of integration with the Sage Accounting

SB is more complete

Jordan from Economy Glass

Great ideas! Has some workflow conflicts

Far less paper waste, no chance of important paperwork getting lost, ticket history to see who made changes or last worked on a job. The connection has occasionally been spotty but usually it's fine. It does a great job of coordinating all of the info (which is why the address thing always throws me off lol).

Pros

Automatic iteration, filing, scheduling and organization of work order #s (and the consequent reductions in admin work and paper waste) are awesome.

Cons

There is one issue that requires users to frequently duplicate work and resubmit data that is already in the system: When I am submitting a quote for tender, there are usually 3-5 contractors(customers) that require pricing but the job site is not going to change! After creating the quote for Customer 1, copying the quote should carry over the job site as well. In general, job sites do not need to be linked to a customer (because civic addresses exist geographically regardless of what business occupies it or what contractor is working on the job.)

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Jordan, Thank you for taking the time to write up a review. It is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you are finding ease with moving away and reducing paperwork! That is excellent. I just wanted you to know that I have seen your feature request, we are looking into possible ways in order to make it work with our product. If you are ever in need of anything else, please do not hesitate to contact our help desk in order for us to deal with the issue right away. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Matthew from MDT Technical Services

Good product with room for functional expansion

Very good so far

Pros

The ease of creation and assignment of tickets. Very easy to get people out the door and tires rolling with site details at their fingertips

Cons

The inventory list exports to a very plain excel sheet. Doesnt show what needs to be replaced with ease, need to comb through the list, no indicator is available

Reasons for Switching to ServiceBox

Need to react quickly under a changing client demands for multiple sites within the same day

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Matt, Thank you for the great review! Our team here at ServiceBox are very happy to hear that you and your company are finding ease with the creation of tickets, and access to site details in order to get the job done. Our Inventory ability has been one of our newest additions to our product, our monthly newsletter gives out the information of new releases and updates in our tech, but we're not finished with the inventory yet. Our developers are working hard to expand the capability of inventory as our next phase. If you have any other suggestions or an issue arrises, please do not hesitate to click the feedback button on the bottom of your ServiceBox page and our team will get right on it. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Matt from G.I.plumbing

Honest review

The software is great for companies just starting out and is very easy to implement into an existing business. The cost is great. I do feel like it is something that as a company grows it will outgrow the software

Pros

Cons

I wish there was more reporting option like sales per techs, daily ticket values, etc.. I would be willing to pay extra for these

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Matt, Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that the cost and ease of our product has been of great service to you. If there are things that you would want to adjust or tweak with your ServiceBox, we can definitely message you or vice-versa using our feedback button in order to help improve your experience. I have passed your idea and information to our development team and we will get in contact with you shortly. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Karen from VMS Comfort Plus Inc

Hi

Pretty good

Pros

easy to implement, employees have access on their phones to the software

Cons

Pending jobs is a little cumberson. It would be better if it reminded you the job was already posted

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Karen, Thanks so much for the review, all of us here at ServiceBox are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our product! There are actually a number of options to check whether a job posting has been finished or filled, you can go to your customer information and see all the past Work Orders, look up a previous Job number, or if you need to set yourself a reminder you can put it as a to-do task and have it scheduled on your scheduler. Hope this helps! If you need anything else please don't hesitate to message us using the feedback button at the bottom of your page! Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Tim from AquaTemp

Dealing with people at ServiceBox has been very good.

Pros

That it developed in Saskatchewan, Canada. Integrates with Canadian taxes, and when there is a question the support team understands the Canadian aspect, which almost non-existent for American developed products. We can track all the equipment on various sites and attach notes, pictures, and details as it pertains to each individual piece of equipment.

Cons

The check sheets that we developed are not as user friendly as we would like. This might be our own issue that we are not using the software as well as we could but though. Would like the maintenance scheduling for equipment to be a little more robust, would like to have manufactures check sheets built into the maintenance scheduling so that at certain times of the year different checks are done on that same piece of equipment. Would like to be able to have more than one pic for the identification of a piece of equipment but this might be a little over kill. In the "to-dos" I would like a date and stamp on each entry that is made. When i send a to-do and they reply it still only gives the original date that the to-do was created. I would like all replies tracked from the person that replied. On that same to-do i would like to be able to send the same to-do to more than one person, this does not happen very often but it would be handy to have this as an option. Would like to use it to it's full capabilities but that is not necessarily a con on ServiceBox but on me not using it to it's full capabilities.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Tim, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with ServiceBox. We are happy that you have been able to find value in our software and we are also happy to work with other Canadian businesses. I have added the items you have suggested to our list of future development items and our team will review them and implement them when possible. If you have any additional comments or if we can be of further assistance in working with the software, please feel free to contact us. Your ServiceBox Team

Cody from One Degree HVAC Service Group

Industry: Utilities

Good program. The app is not useful. No direction on how to use.

Attaching pictures. Tracking our technicians check in and check outs. Easy invoicing and creating work orders. Creating customer data base was great.

Pros

The ability to add pictures to invoices. The navigating of the site is amazing. Easy to teach and we were able to develop a manual quickly. Invoices and work orders are tracked for what stage they are at. Easy to identify which work orders are not complete or require invoicing. Customer data base is easy to search.

Cons

Limited reports available. No abity to attach pictures to units. Pictures are hard to track and easily identify. Reminders are not easily seen and used by the admin and staff . Requesting custom reports is annoying. All work order options should be available in a report. We should also be easily able to view all notes easily for each jobsite, regardless of work order the note was made on.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Cody, You have provided us with some great feedback here and we appreciate it. Our development team is constantly working to make the system even better and your comments will help us continue to do that. I have put the items that you listed in the list of customer requests for them to use. I can say that we have many things upcoming in our next releases and I believe that these you will find beneficial. One thing I can clarify is that all notes can be easily viewed by jobsite by selecting notes from within an individual work order, job site or other areas. If you would like, please give our support team a call when you have a moment at 888 727 4983 and they will be happy to go through that further with you as well as discuss how reminders can be used better in your work flow. As far as the app, we have recognized that we could have done a better job of releasing it with additional documentation and we are working to improve that now. Thank you, Your ServiceBox Team

Kelsey from Momentum HVAC Services

ServiceBox has helped us streamline our company to perform our jobs more efficiently.

Pros

It has great functionality and allows us to run our company all from one software. It allows our technicians the ability to access the job site information that they require.

Cons

It does not automatically prompt you to save changes. This has been a big issue for our technicians using their iPads and here in the office. We have found that it is not efficient for applying payments. There is alot of room for error and switching of screens. This should be changed so that it updates the paid status in all areas. The search function is inconsistent. Some of the customers do not appear in the search bar, we have to search manually in the customer list. There has also been issues with this searching invoice and work order numbers.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Kelsey, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review for ServiceBox. Your comments, both pros and cons, are much appreciated as it lets us know we are doing a great job but you have provided some great feedback for how we can improve things. When it comes to prompting changes to be saved and searching I have passed the notes along to our development team so that they can consider these items as they work on the system. When it comes to payments, there are some automation items that we can set up that might help you with this. I will take some time to review your account and then give you a call to discuss how we may be able to implement these for you. Hope you have a great day and look forward to connecting with you soon! Your ServiceBox Team

Neysa from AquaTemp

Best choice for a Canadian based company

Pros

After trying a couple of US based service software programs with no success we found ServiceBox and it's been working great. Service Box syncs wonderfully with our Quickbooks (Canadian desktop version), we didn't experience any of the tax integration issues that we had with the US companies. The support team response is very quick, and often they will follow up by both email and phone. The software is simple and intuitive; our technicians picked it up with very minimal training. It has been very convenient for both office staff and techs to have the clients historical data at their fingertips. With the ability to add pictures, create maintenance lists and record timesheets we have become entirely paperless - and all data is updated in real time so we are able to operate more efficiently!

Cons

Some improvements that we would like to see: more options for reporting (or more custom reports), a fully functional app (where all SB tasks can be performed from within the app), a redesign of the scheduler (adding a search and/or sort function, increasing size of display for the work orders that are in queue, ability to see to dos that are attached to the work order)

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Neysa, Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceBox and share your comments with us. We are happy to hear that the system has been working great for you and was easy to get started with. I have taken all of your comments and sent them off to our development team so that they can use them as they continue to work in the system. It is through feedback like this that we are able to grow and continue to meet the needs of your business so thank you! Have a wonderful day! Your ServiceBox Team

Jennifer from Utility Services

Industry: Environmental Services

User friendly and they were able to customize it to our needs

Here are some reviews from our employees who use Service Box everyday; -Haven't had any issues. -Sb is easy to use, however, I think it would be easier if we had more search options. For example, I would like to search for WOs that have attachments, Also, even being on a desktop computer, I feel that its slow at times, it only crashes every now and again but that may not be services box as opposed to the internet crashing. Lastly, for the purposes of deleting unused WOs, it would be nice if I could check multiple ones before deleting them as opposed to deleting them one by one, it would save some time. Overall, I don't think the program is bad, it just needs some adjustments. -I enjoy using SB, it's always been really easy & convenient to use for me. More helpful for me to describe any issues on a WO than writing it on a bench sheet. -It's easy to use. No problems at all -Always glitchy on phone app , very user friendly via computer/laptop - I feel pretty good with service box except where sometimes it won't register when I hit check in on a work order. For example I will check in at 7 am then when I go to check out at 9 am it will say I never checked in. Other than that I like it! -Service box works fine for me. I haven't had too many issues. Occasionally, load times will be long, but that about the worst experience I've had with it. -I like how it's working so far. The only thing I don't car for is when I open service box it always pops up to a work order from 10/12/16. But other than that it's working good. -Haven't had any issues -It's been a helpful tool -Haven't had many issues, sometimes it lags but that's about it, I give it an 8 out of 10 -I don't like how service box rounds the time incorrectly even though it has been mentioned multiple times, other than that I feel it is a very helpful tool for the company.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied February 2017

Jennifer, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us so much feedback from your company. There were so many things in here to address and it was great to speak with you to understand more in detail your needs. Some of these items have been added to our list of future developments and thankfully some we were able to show you how the system could already meet your needs. We thank you for your continued support and we look forward to continuing to work with you. Your ServiceBox Team!

Jenny from All Season Heating and Air Conditioning Ltd

ServiceBox is a Great Tool and Syncs with Quickbooks well

I have been using ServiceBox for about a year now. It was hard to believe that a software would make my job that much easier but once I finally trusted the system I was very happy that we made the decision to go ahead. I was nervous the first time I had to do a sync with Quickbooks but it has made our business run so much smoother.

Pros

After trying a few different processes, we finally tried ServiceBox and moved to a paperless system. We are able to e-mail all invoices to our clients and between this and the techs having access to everything in the field, we have saved large amounts of time. Now there is no dual entry for invoices. It is a brilliant thing to have techs using the system too, communication between everyone is greatly improved

Cons

It would be nice to have a couple of the reports available in Excel not just PDF

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2016

Hi Jenny, Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience with ServiceBox. We are so happy to hear how much of a difference it has made in your business. As per our discussion we have added that request for the report into our future development. Thanks for your feedback! Sonya

Joy from Atlas Sewer Seevices

September 2016

Great software for small service business

We love the product, it has helped move our business to the next level. We are able to invoice our customers faster as our technicians can close the job onsite. We know where our technicians are and we are able to dispatch more efficiently.

Pros

On big plus is eNtering each service as they are called in, tracking. It has made our business more efficient. As well it is easier to look up past jobs and determine best course of action with notes and pictures attached. It is excellent that it links to our accounting software so seamlessly which is another great feature.

Cons

The software is great, I guess if I have a comment I would like to see a bit more interaction on the site such as when you hover the mouse over an icon i would like It to tell the user what that icon does.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2016

Joy, thank you for taking the time to let us know how ServiceBox has changed your business. We really appreciate all of your input and are working on making some of those improvements that you have suggested. It is wonderful to know though that you were able to take your business to the next level, congratulations!

Gabriel from Momentum HVAC Services

Momentum HVAC Services

Service box has made our small business perform as a much larger business and given us the ability to tie almost everything we do and deal with daily into a package that works. Its not without issues but as they come up they are dealt with quickly and professionally. Over all very satisfied with the product and look forward to what Service box will grow into.

Pros

always with us where ever we go, As long i have my device near i can see and make changes as needed

Cons

No offline version or ability to fill in information when not connected to web glitches in Ipad layout.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2016

Hi Gabe, Thanks for taking the time to submit this review and share your experience with ServiceBox. I have sent you a couple e-mails, could you let us know specifically the glitches that you are referring to as we would like to get them sorted out for you, if you could e-mail me back it would help us in fixing them. Thank you! Hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to hearing from you soon. Sonya and the rest of your ServiceBox team

Luke from All Season

Great value, it does have the characteristic still of a newer company.

More accurate representation of stats, and faster invoicing. More accurate tracking of invoicing and man hours.

Pros

The ability to source any invoice or work order from anywhere. It is incredibly valuable in many instances to have access this information.

Cons

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Luke, Great to hear that ServiceBox has been incredibly valuable to your and your business. As a company we have grown a great deal in the past couple of years and with that our features and offerings have too. We have also made changes to how our upgrades will happen as our team recognized we could do better based on feedback from customers like you and we are happy to see that you have recognized it has improved. We look forward to continuing to work with you and your team. Have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Kurtis from Infinite Electric

Decent App with room for improvement.

It has generally been good. Few glitches. Just as my title suggests there is still room for improvement.

Pros

Time in and out, set up schedules, seeing where everyone is, making notes on jobs, keeps everyone organized.

Cons

Uploading images: should allow multiple images to be selected and uploaded at once Inputting material: it is very tedious. Should consider some sort of spreadsheet where a worker can check boxes or input quantities onto a premade index of categorized material Saftey paperwork: option for daily saftey paperwork to be a part of the work order or time sheet.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Kurtis, Thank you for taking the time to write up a review, we really appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the organizational aspects of ServiceBox. With image and file uploads, you should be able to select multiple existing files at one time to upload. If you are unable to do so, please contact our help desk so we will be able to assist you at the exact time. Have a great day, Your ServiceBox Team

Scott from Klempp Plumbing and Heating Ltd

Industry: Utilities

All in one package for any Service business

This organization tool has given us the opportunity to become completely mobile with our billing from the site while keeping track of work orders, time sheets, and customer history.

Pros

Its flexibility

Cons

When updates are done with the system and it affects and changes system and glitches following day.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied December 2016

Hi Scott, Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We are always appreciative of the time you take to let others know how ServiceBox has helped your business. We are committed to building our product and thank you for your patience the last few months as we have made numerous upgrades and we believe that going forward you should not have any issues with these upgrades. As a company we have grown tremendously and these upgrades were necessary to provide the best service to your company. Thanks again for your time in completing this review. Your ServiceBox Team

Brendan from Aqua Temp

Easy to manage time and material.

More time spent working and less time on paper work

Pros

Having the time sheet updated based on work orders. Our previous system would require us to enter job site details for all forms like time sheet, gas permit, check sheets. Now all forms are linked to the job site so we don't waste time entering the same info multiple times

Cons

Entering material from inventory isn't very efficient for big jobs. Having a list of fittings for each category ( copper, ABS, black iron ). Then a plus or minus beside each. I don't like it when i finish entering one item hit finish then you go back to the top of the screen just to scroll all the way back to the bottom of the list and the process keeps repeating

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Good Morning Brendan, Thank you for taking the time to fill this out and we are happy that ServiceBox has provided you with the opportunity to work more and focus on paper work less. I have taken your comments on entering materials for large jobs and sent it off to our development team so that they can see about finding a way to make that area work better for you. Your feedback is always welcome as it helps us continuously improve the system. Have a great day! Sonya

DERRICK from DESOLATION SOUND YACHT CHARTERS

Industry: Maritime

GOOD SYSTEM

I STARTED TO USE THE SYSTEM WITHOUT ANY TUTORIAL AND IT WAS EASY TO LEARN, HIGHLY INTUITIVE AND WITH FEW "QUIRKS" THAT I COULD FINE...I LOOK FORWARD TO THE ADDITION OF A LIVE INVENTORY, LINKED TO THE USAGE REPORTS (WORK ORDERS) THAT ARE CREATED

Pros

EASY TO USE

Cons

SIGNING IN IF YOU LOSE YOUR PASSWORD

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied December 2016

Hello Derrick, Thank you once again for taking the time to complete this review. It was great to connect with you after you submitted this review. We appreciate your comments and are so happy that the system is working so well for you and allowing your company to be so much more efficient. I would like to clarify that after speaking with you that your advice on being more Canadian is really a note for us to keep in mind as we do future development, but that you are very happy with the software. Also, we will look into ways to reset your password not using e-mail to make your life even easier. I know how many passwords we have and understand that the easier the better. Have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Gero from Apex Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

Excellent in person help which went for beyond what we expected.

Ease of use and integration with accounting software used by our company

Pros

The features are constantly being upgraded and improved in consultation with industry users.

Cons

A few too many areas to access for needed answers to questions. A novice to applications would have possible problems in following steps required.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Gero, Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceBox and we are happy that you have been able to see the improvements that our developers are constantly doing to make it work even better! We would be interested in clarifying and getting some additional information from you on how we can make it easier to find the answers for you in one area. If you would let us know how we can do that it would be most appreciated. Thanks, Your ServiceBox Team

Dustin from Reliatech HVAC Inc.

Best service software on the market

Our company tried a few different service software programs and couldn't find one that fit our business needs. With Servicebox having such great flexibility we were able to customize the program and reports to our specific needs. Also, the onboarding and tech support from Servicebox was great with them giving as much time as needed to get you operating comfortably. Strongly recommend the program.

Pros

Very user friendly for both office staff and technicians. Many great features such as the ability to customize reports, add photo's, and integrate with existing accounting softwares. Very easy for techs in the field to learn the app. Significantly reduced dispatching and invoicing workload.

Cons

Search function is somewhat inconsistent when looking for past invoices or work orders. Also, if you leave a work order without hitting the save button it deletes it and you have to do it over again. A save reminder would be nice for field techs using the app.

Mari Ann from Mercury Refrigeration

Great software for our small refrigeration company

Pros

The company is incredibly responsive to questions or requested changes. The software is simple and intuitive for users.

Cons

I would like even greater customization of each users access to the different functions. It would be great if changes were saved without having to click on the green check mark.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Mari Ann, Thank you for taking the time to complete the review of ServiceBox. We are happy to have your team onboard with us here. We do have the ability to customize the different types of users but I know your company would like even more for how you specifically operate and they are on our list for our development team. Hope you have a great day. Your ServiceBox Team

Lorilee from Atlas Sanitary

positive review

fairly simple (which for me is good), good search qualities, good customer support, I don't know cost to rate value

Pros

search functions, good customer support, fairly simple

Cons

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2016

Hi Lorilee, Thanks for taking the time and reviewing ServiceBox. Further to our conversation we have additional search criteria that we have added and as we have put into our future development the request you made. As we begin working on this we will be in touch with you. As for the bogging down, optimisation is happening in the system and we trust that you will see a difference in the system in the coming days. If you have anything else, we would love to hear from you so please e-mail me any other questions and we would be happy to work with you. Enjoy your day!

Michael from Touchstone BTI

Easy to use and very organized

Pros

Ability to track past jobs through database. Also it's nice to add expenses and check lists for equipment and jobs.

Cons

I can put time in for other people on my job but once it's on there time sheet they can change it. It would be nice if the person the job is assigned to is the only one who can change the time. Besides the administrator.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Michael, It is great to hear that ServiceBox is easy to use and has helped with the organization of your business. There are some permissions around entering time but I believe we might need to update this to meet your needs. I have submitted your comments to our development team. They are constantly reviewing the list of customer requests to upgrade ServiceBox. Thank you for your patience and your feedback as we continue to make a product that brings you value. Have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Kasja from AquaTemp

It is great to use with the HVAC & Plumbing Business

Pros

Cons

The scheduler glitches sometimes, when changing the date or time (just moving things around) sometimes it will glitch and move to a different date or time, which can be very frustrating on those long days.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Kasja, Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceBox. We are happy to hear that the system has been working well for you and your company. We are proud of how customizable our system can be and it is great to see it has been recognized and that it has been a benefit for you. Sorry to hear you are experiencing glitches with the scheduler. If you could provide us with some more information on what you are doing when the "glitch" in the scheduler happens that would be most appreciated. When it happens, please use the feedback section of the system and that way our team can resolve it for you. Thanks, Your ServiceBox Team

Great software for the service and construction tech to track expenses and labor.

It makes it extremely easy to to amalgamate information from job and reference it.

Pros

It makes it easy to track hours, labor, expenses and create notes for other techs. Also excellent how you can attach pictures directly to job.

Cons

Pictures sometimes do not upload on the first time or sometimes fail to upload entirely. Some menus can be difficult to navigate.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with ServiceBox. I am sorry to hear that you have had some trouble with uploading photos sometimes, this shouldn't be happening. We would appreciate that if it happens that you let our support team know by using the feedback option when you are in the system. Here you can also attach the photo so our team can see what would be causing it to fail or not upload. As well, if you could use the feedback option to let us know which menus you think we could make more user friendly that would be great. Thank you again for your input and we hope you have a wonderful day! Your ServiceBox Team

Kaelan from Aquatemp

Great program easy to go paperless with it.

Pros

I like that we are able to access work orders at anytime and there is no human error of loosing papers anymore. I also like how we are able to input our own checklists.

Cons

There are a few bugs in the program. Such as when I have a workorder open and I go out of the app it automatically closes the workorder and I have to re open it.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Kaelan, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with ServiceBox, thank you! I have passed along your comments on the app closing to our development team so they can get that looked after for you. If there are things like this that you notice, please feel free to use the feedback area of the system (you can find it on the main menu page) and let our team know about this so they can get it addressed asap. Have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Jeff from Pro Trades Mechanical Inc.

Efficiency of payroll, invoices and collections have significantly increased

Pros

Ease of use and implementation to our field and office users

Cons

Some issues with glitching on mobile platform (on occasion) needs some additional features

Canadian made and supported. Syncs with Simply Accounting

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Jeff, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us here. We are glad to hear that you are finding ease in use between your fields techs and office admin. If there are any glitches at anytime, please immediately let us know by hitting the feedback button. If there is anything else we can continue to improve on, please don't hesitate to let us know. I look forward to connecting with you shortly. Have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Katie from One Degree HVAC

Thorough coverage of our needs

Pros

Seamless use between mobile and desktop. Syncs well with quickbooks

Cons

Clumsy to go between tabs within accounts.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Katie, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We here at ServiceBox are very happy to hear that your needs are being met partnering with us. I am not sure what you mean about tabs, we would love to hear more about your issue so we can tackle it right away! If you need anything else, please hit the feedback button at any point. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Josh from One Call Technology

it works very well for our needs in the service industry.

Pros

We like the fact that we can create a invoice directly in Quickbooks off of the work order. it is very easy for the engineers to get the pdf files needed to complete the work order and easy to attach the signed document back to the work order.

Cons

It makes it hard for our operations manager because he has to input the work orders on outlook so everyone else in the company can see what their schedule is.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Josh, Thank you for taking the time to share how ServiceBox has been working for your business. We are happy to hear that it has been a beneficial change for you. I will get in touch with your operations team as there are ways to make the scheduler viewable to others on your team and perhaps we need to change the settings for your team. Hope you have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Matthew from M.S. AIR INC

Best product so far

We have used many scheduling and dispatching softwares. This fits our business platform the best. It has a lot of functionality and the development team is always quick to help integration of a new feature or idea we have.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2016

Good Morning Matthew, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and share your experience with ServiceBox. We trust that you will continue to see a benefit with ServiceBox and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to give us a call. Your ServiceBox Team

I have found Service Box to be quite proficient in my everyday work needs.

Pros

Customer history is a big bonus. I can see what has been done so I don't have to go into a job blind

Cons

Navigation needs work. A smoother transition between fields would be nice. Not having to go to scheduler from the main Menu but from the page you are on would be more convenient.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you give our team a call at 888 727 4983 we would be happy to get some more information from you as it relates to your comments on the scheduler. The scheduler is visible from all pages and it opens in a separate tab that you can also keep open throughout the day. We are definitely looking to take our customers suggestions so if you let us know how we can improve in more detail that would be great. Thanks! Your ServiceBox Team

Erik from AquaTemp

Overall good experiance.

Pros

Can look at past work notes- Can attach pictures to jobsitea for reviewing later-keeps everything organized.

Cons

Requires cell data so in areas of low or no cell service you cant use it- sometimes takes longer than pen and paper to record data.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Erik, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and it is great to know that ServiceBox is helping to keep you organized. We will have an offline mode in the future for the app. When it takes longer, you might want to try using the talk to text to save the time you would take from typing. If it is enabled on your device it works. If you would like any more clarification on this please reach out to our support team at support@jobboxsoft.com and they will be happy to assist. Have a great day! Your Servicebox Team

kyle from alberta laundry

Some bugs and occasional crashing but good

Pros

Cons

No offline support for areas with no cellular signal. App is leggy and some data gets lost id ctashed

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Kyle, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with ServiceBox. I am sorry to hear that you have dealt with crashing as this is something our team has worked hard to avoid. Our team is working on developing the offline mode for the app so in the future this will help when you are in areas with no cellular service. We will follow up with you to find out if this is happening at a specific time or instance and something that we need to resolve. Look forward to connecting with you soon! Your ServiceBox Team

Jason from Regina Plumbing & Heating

Service box

overall very positive

Pros

very universal for usage of different phones, tablets and cell plans

Cons

time consuming to fully implement for entire company

cost effective

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Jason, Thank you so much for taking the time to review! Us here at ServiceBox are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the use of our product. Let us know in our feedback button if you have any problems or kinks so we can jump to a solution for you and your company right away. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

August 2016

Curtis from GlossWorks Concrete Polishing & Coatings, Inc.

August 2016

Amazing system!

Our business has grown over the past few years and we were finding it hard to keep our customer records organized, and were falling behind on sales. We searched for weeks for a CRM / Service Industry type software solution and once we came upon Service Box, we knew this was the fit for our business. Since implementing it in our business, our sales and admin team have saved countless hours of time thanks to Service Box.

Pros

Organization of customers, contacts, invoices, quotes, etc. All the customer's information is in one spot, and there is a full history of your communications with them for easy future reference. The "To-do" feature is a great tool that can be tagged to a customer or a quote, which automates the follow-up process, allowing our sales team to land more jobs quicker!

Cons

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied August 2016

Thanks Curtis, We hope that ServiceBox continues to make your business better and more organized. We are committed to make this the best product out there for service companies!

Eric from Croft electric

Use it every day and works fine

Pros

Use it to do time sheets and work orders so on knit does the job and that's all I need it for and to submit

Cons

There is nothing off the top of my head that I can think of to complain about right know other then sometimes the app is slow but could be the wifi

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Eric, Thanks for your comments, we are happy to hear that ServiceBox has been helping you in your business. If at times the app is slow - please feel free to use the feedback button and let our support team know what you were doing. If there is something that they can find to speed it up they are happy to look into it. If it is the wi-fi, unfortunately, that is out of our hands. Hope you have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Patricia from Full Throttle Furnace & Duct Cleaning Inc

This is My Review

I have had a very positive experience with Service Box to date. I find it very user friendly and easy to navigate. The only thing that I might want a little quicker is the support replies, sometimes it takes quite a while to hear back and there has been occasion where I have not received a reply at all. Other than that it has been wonderful thus far.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. Very user friendly in my experience.

Cons

Sometimes there is long lag times, not sure if it is the actual software or the internet provider.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied October 2016

Hello Patricia, Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceBox and share your experience with the software. Our apologies if we did not get back to you for a support issue that you had quickly. Please e-mail us at support@jobboxsoft.com when you have an issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible. On our end we have been working on some system optimization so if you were experiencing some lag lately it could have been do to this. We have finished the work though so hopefully you will have already seen an improvement. If there is anything else please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Your ServiceBox Team

Patricia from Full Throttle Furnace & Duct Cleaning Inc.

As I see it

I use this application every day for work and find that it works quite well for me. I am looking forward to some further training to see what I may be missing if anything.

Pros

I like the ease of use and navigation through the program.

Cons

Sometimes there are time delays which can be frustrating.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied January 2017

Hi Patricia, Thanks for taking the time to let us know that ServiceBox works well for you. We are always happy to hear how we may be able to serve you better. When you are in the program, go to the Feedback button at the bottom of the page and let us know what training items we could provide to help you with ServiceBox. We look forward to hearing from you and help you as you continue to use our software. Your ServiceBox Team!

Great Program

Pros

Customer support is A++, easy to log hours with check in and check out feature, uploading photos to work orders is easy.

Cons

Sometimes need to restart app to upload photos. Laggy and crashes from time to time.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied April 2019

We are currently working on a re design of the app to make it more user friendly and to add in additional features. Thanks for your feedback we will make sure that these things are looked at.

Shaun from STR Equipment Services Ltd.

Servicebox software

I have been using servicebox for almost a year now and it is a great tool to have for creating work orders. I have had customers tell me how professional the work orders look and how easy it is to quickly review the work we performed.

Pros

Ease of use and multi function capability

Cons

Price point

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied February 2017

Hi Shaun, Thanks so much for taking the time to review ServiceBox and let us know your thoughts. We are so happy to hear that not only has it made things more organised for your office but also that your customers have noticed a difference. We welcome any feedback you have and look forward to continuing to work with you. Have a fabulous day! Your ServiceBox Team

Mike from Dirtyblinds.ca

Great Support

The people I have taled to have been great. They always seem happy to help me with any stupid questions I have.

Pros

The software does everything I need it to . It seems like a product that will scale with me as I grow.

Cons

Like anything computer the learning curve is hard for me but the support I received from the guys on the phone was exceptional.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceBox

I chose Service box over Jobber, (both Canadian Companies) because ServiceBox does not bill in a foreign currency.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Mike, Thank you for taking the time to make a review for us, we greatly appreciate it! We are very happy to hear that you have gotten satisfaction from not only our product but support team. All of us here at ServiceBox take pride in our ability to help you and your company grow. If you have any needs that are not met or ideas to improve our product for you, please do not hesitate to click our feedback button at the bottom of your ServiceBox page. Have a wonderful day, Your ServiceBox Team

Mason from Ab electric

Make this a phone app

Service box is one of the better products I've used for work and hours, but it's easier to pick out things I don't like over anything else. I don't have time to update my hours over a computer so it's all on the iPhone. Would be a lot nicer in an app. It's hard to fix mistakes, and navigate the website on the phone. My biggest thing would be to have an app or a phone version of the website. Buttons are all really small and it's not obvious if you are checked in. Would like something to pop up bold or have a colored button to indicate that you are signed in.

Pros

Organization

Cons

Hard to use on a phone

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied December 2016

Hi Mason, Thanks for taking your time to review ServiceBox and let us know how we could make ServiceBox better. We are constantly working to improve our product and I have passed along your comments to our development team. Any time you have suggestions for us we are happy to hear what would make your job easier. On the home screen on your phone, there is a feedback button and there you can send us your comments in the future and we will do what we can to make life simpler. Hope you have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Angela from One Degree Hvac Service Group

HVAC Service

Its been good

Pros

Easy to use, field guys are able to use it without issues.

Cons

It bugs out alot. Search bar sucks. Sometimes it brings up too many options

Adam from Paradise LeisureScapes Saskatoon

I LOVE IT OVERALL. THE SALES TEAM AND SERVICE TEAM ARE AWESOME AND VERY HELPFUL

Pros

ELECTRONIC WORK ORDERS ARE MUCH BETTER THAN PAPER WE USED TO USE

Cons

FEW BUGS, TROUBLE LOADING APP SOMETIMES, ETC.

Response from Jobbox Software

Replied September 2020

Hi Adam, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us here. We are happy to hear that the system has been working well for you. If you are finding any bugs when using ServiceBox, please use the feedback button in order for us to improve your experience. I look forward to connecting with you shortly. Have a great day! Your ServiceBox Team

Lucas from Webir automation

Recently started using

I have enjoyed the app. It is an all encompassing program, with a great range of options. Much more user friendly then other apps of the same design

Pros

I like that the jobs are easily navigated and that all information is conviently stored all under one job. Can upload all the information when I'm finished building a project, and all future maintenance is able to see all the stuff inputted by the last users.

Cons

We have difficulty seeing where the other workers are. They are listed as a location and as a colour. As a user we can not see who the colours are. So when we need to quickly find who is near us to help we can't access the names.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceBox

Ease of information compiling and ease of moving information from the office to the field. Eliminating paper work and allowing for larger descriptions