Browse Better Reviews

Cesar from You’ve got maids of South Bay

Decent product but needs improvements

Pros

I like that it has an app based platform that allows our staff to access jobs and client information. Easy to access and easy to use.

Cons

Don’t like the notifications feature and the lack of an auto batch credit card processing feature like other softwares.

I didn’t I was forced but I preferred work wave

Reasons for Switching to Better

I was forced by oye franchisor

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Cesar! Thanks for your feedback! We love hearing that you find our system easy to use and access. Let us know if we can assist in setting up your system notifications. We have some nice updates to our payment processing coming that should provide some additional convenient options for our users. Thanks again and all the best!

Kristy from milliCare by Corporate Flooring Solutions

Industry: Facilities Services

A small time sacrifice for a large time gain

The staff with Better Software are always very helpful, responsive and creative. They have helped mold the product to better serve our needs as adjustments were needed.

Pros

This software is very robust and complex. If you have a lot of details that need to be stored about the clients/customers, this is the product you need. Once a thorough understanding of the functionality is achieved and in use, this is product that can work for you.

Cons

The mobile version is not stable and is the part I struggle with the most. I have staff out in the field that need to access to details but often times they are not able to even get the app to properly load.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Housecall Pro was not supported by our franchise network. It also did not offer as much functionality as our product from Better Software.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a review Kristy! We are glad that you have a great experience with the product and find our staff helpful, responsive and creative. I am sorry your staff are having some difficulty with our mobile version. Please feel free to chat in the next time, if this difficulty re-occurs so that we can resolve the specific challenge.

Chanda from Window Genie

BPro

Over all I think there is a great amount of potential for BPRO, and I hope as future updates are released we will see some of these things addressed.

Pros

When it comes to customer support I couldn't ask for anything better. Official and the team are ALWAYS there to help me with any issues and fix mistakes that happen. I never have to wait or deal with an automated system, and the IM support in fantastic. For the basic features BPRO does when it needs to do. Moving beyond basic scheduling is when it becomes tricky.

Cons

Outise of the calendar feature, the software is not user friendly. The automated emails have been difficult to set up, there are limited triggers to start the email campaigns and the fact that you have to go through so many steps to get to what you want can be frustrating. The Actual Email campaigns are a good thought but there is a very limited scope to what you can utilize. Our previous software had the ability to create a list of "floating" jobs that were not a hard scheduled time and could be completed whenever we were in the area, which is something we miss. I find that I have a ton of sticky notes on my desk with names of these customers because I lose track of who is a hard schedule and who isn't. The recurring jobs is a pain in the but. There is No way to recognize what is a job that is SUPPOSED to be scheduled (i.e. customers that want cleanings in april and october require you to schedule them for actual days and times and assign to specific assets). This makes is difficult to see which have been confirmed and which jobs are one that need to be set up. Finding the specific information you need in some of the reports can be difficult as well. I often find myself pulling multiple reports and importing information into excel so I can get everything I need in one place. This is time consuming and often inaccurate, as it is easy to miss things when you are having to do it this way.

Corporate Decision

Keith from Source One Rentals

Great rental software for the money

Great customer service, and many positive updates in the 2+ years we've been part of their program. Definitely a step up in most regards from the desktop-based software we used before. I regularly provided "wish list" items and gripes the first year when the software was pretty new and they implemented many of my suggestions, which as a user makes me feel validated.

Pros

It's affordable and comes with most of the functionality you would need/expect to run a rental business (ours is a corporate AV company). Contact data as well as order history and billing is all done from one software, plus it's in the cloud, so it's accessible anywhere. The chat support is pretty good, and if you miss them out of office hours you will probably have a response when you get to work the next morning.

Cons

Customization/personalization is limited. For example, there is a pretty rigid order/invoice layout that allows you to move a couple blocks of text around but you can't make wholesale changes to "make it your own." The various reports have become more useful over time and generally cover all the basics (most of the data can be spit out via at least one of the built-in reports), but you can't create and save your own reports. For example, I run an Opportunity Report every month to track sales. It would be nice if I could format that report so it spits out just the 6 columns I want to look at in the order I want to see them, rather than exporting to Excel and reordering it every month.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Ability to access data from the cloud

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Keith, thank you for your review and feedback, as I am sure you know how important this is to us. We pride ourselves the support we provide and our ever-growing features, we are so glad they are benefiting your business and you're loving our continuous upgrades! We also encourage you to utilize the "save applied filter" feature within the majority of our reports, this will allow you to save your prefered filters and time next time you need to pull this identical report. Thanks again for taking the time to write us a review, we know how busy you are growing your business. We are so happy to be a part of your companies journey!

Deborah from Riverhood Rentals

Helpful Tool to streamline equipment rental business

Our overall experience with Better Software was good. We had wanted to fully understand the software a bit better and use it to it's full potential. We offered to either fly to their headquarters or fly someone in to train our staff and I didn't understand why they couldn't accomodate this request but at the time we decided to switch over it seemed that they may have had some turnover. Nonetheless - the software suited our needs during the time that we used it. Like most start up software companies they were always pushing new updates and features so I'm sure they offer more now then they did when we were a customer.

Pros

I liked the interface and ease of use with the Better Software. Also their customer service was always quick to respond and super helpful.

Cons

We ultimately ended up switching to a software that included payment within the software - while Better Software offered to integrate with Quickbooks we wanted a payment module within our software and the ability to send clients a link to make payment from their end.

Reasons for Choosing Better

The customer service and interface

Reasons for Switching to Better

The interface with The Better Software was much more user friendly and up to date with current technology trends.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Deborah! Thank you for your review and feedback. It's awesome to hear that you enjoyed our software and support. You might be happy to know that we do have some excellent payment processing updates in the works which will be including the ability for clients to pay their invoices via a payment link. We'd love the opportunity to work with you again. We do have some great new features now and on the way. Please feel free to reach out to us if you would like to learn more about our current offerings.

Zach from Black Knight Chimney, Inc.

Very Useful Tool

Excellent.

Pros

The software fits our needs and we are able to customize what we want to. Our crews can access on their IPads all the info they need before they get to the job site, and once there, can save details to be shared with next crew or office. We use it often to consult for ongoing projects. There are more features like handing job responsibilities, pipelines and calendar, that I want to use more fully. I wish we had this software when the company first started! Customer service has always been quick, responsive, helpful and fun (!) to work with.

Cons

I am still working on get the pipeline and actions properly set for our type of work flow. This is due to the limited amount of time I have to get the software application set up. Like trying to walk and tie my shoe at the same time. I like it and need it, but need some down time to get it all correctly set up.

Reasons for Choosing Better

This one had the best calendar aspect that connected well with the client data base.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Still working on the complete turn over of process. We need one point of contact, one place to search for details and actions done so far. With excel, I have to duplicate information in too many places & cant keep it all up to date but BPRO really does offer what we need to streamline the whole customer service process.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Zach! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us this awesome review. We are happy to see that you think our product is Excellent! Thank you for your warm comments regarding our amazing customer service team. Our focus is to create the best customer experience in the industry and your comment means the world to us. Please feel free to chat into BPro support when you find time, so we can help with setting your pipelines and actions.

Kendra from Shine of Midland

Great potential! Wonderful team! Still improving!

Overall, it is great. There is a lot one could use the software/program for however, this still much to be improved upon to increase functionality and ease of use. I am eager to see how the company continues to develop the software and meet the needs of its users. Will only keep getting better! Also, mad props to the customer service team... always there to help and provide an answer/solution whenever needed.

Pros

A wide variety of options and uses. Capability to connect easily with customers, schedule appointments, send invoices, and accept payments. Can track and follow jobs from start to finish. So much potential for recurring jobs/emails/marketing, reminders, etc. Could really help a small business grow with marketing features, customer service options, and partnerships.

Cons

Not the most user-friendly. A lot of little things that could be changed to improve functionality and flow, such as merging duplicate customers, job details when hovering on the dispatch calendar, drag/move line items in the cart, tab for current job/line item prices per customer, one card payment for multiple jobs, select and email specific customers without having to create a lead/marketing email. Also, could really use a written manual/instructions for specific functions/features. Unfortunately, in a small office time is limited and I do not have the time to videos or click around to figure out how to use each feature. I would love to be able to utilize reminder emails and schedule specific recurring emails, etc. but it is too complicated and confusing without step by step instructions. I would really love to be able to delete customers, estimates, and jobs that are not needed or created in error. There is too much clutter and sometimes too many unnecessary details.

Sheldon from Infinite Event Services Inc.

Industry: Music

Rental Software with Value and Features

Service is where they excel. I've been pleased to talk to real people when I need help. I've even recommended the software to the American Rental Association as a solution across their country.

Pros

The value for the features available are incredible. I spent months searching for software that would meet my needs while not breaking my bank. I was pleased to come across The Better Software Company and find out how feature rich the product was. Since implementing it we've trained many staff and that's the best part, it takes no time to train because it's so easy.

Cons

From the time I started they were willing to make as many changes as I needed for it to fit my company. The only thing that I don't like is that I would love a default pickup and return window since that's a standard time in my company.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Was looking for more features and someone who stood behind their product.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Sheldon! Thanks for taking out time to write us an awesome review. We know you have a very busy schedule. We are excited to hear that you find our product feature-rich, affordable and easy to use. It is our aspiration to always be better and this informs our continuous improvements and updates in line with customers feedback. We are so happy for your validation of the quality of our customer service and your amazing referral. We strive daily to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you feel we excel at it. Thank you once again!

Brad from Shine Window Care & Holiday Lighting

Shine Midland Review

Invoice and estimate tracking is nice and a good way to keep track of people receiving and opening those items. I like the ability to attach photos through the system for use in the quotes. I like being able to create line items. I also appreciate the ability to have appointment notes and notes in the checkout to help further improve communication.

Pros

Sending quotes, and converting to jobs. Being able to attached property pictures. Multiple addresses, and contacts. Mobile use.

Cons

Issues with the mobile app - screen not showing all drop down options, buttons not showing up, glitching Dispatch calendar, the hyperlinked address does not smoothly open into maps. Cannot drag items in the cart. I wish it prompted you to select an address, we have made the mistake of using the default one before and sending crews to the wrong location. I only know how to quickly drag and place personal events on the calendar view which I do not usually use because it looks clustered.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Whole Franchise made the switch.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thanks for writing us this good review Brad! We are happy you enjoy our many of the amazing features of our product. We are sorry you find parts of our system difficult to work through. We will continue to strive to make the system more user friendly and efficient. Permit me to suggest you do mobile login using your browser. This provides for a much more seamless view and use. Once again, thank you.

Ben from Window Genie of Redmond

Good Software

There is a level of automation that has helped out a lot.

Pros

The interface is clean and easy to read and understand. It runs smoothly for me, I never get lag or any other interruptions. I love the customer service. They are always very helpful and responsive. They are not 24/7 which has been annoying.

Cons

Some of the ease of use features are lacking. There are sometimes a lot of clicks of the mouse.

Reasons for Choosing Better

I am part of a franchise system so I didn't have a choice.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review Ben! We are glad you like the functionality of our software. We are even more delighted that you love our customer service for being helpful and responsive. We always strive to provide the best customer experience in the industry. I am sorry you do not find some of the features you want. Please feel free to jump in on BPro chat to discuss these features. We are continuously making updates to the software.

Kelly from Black Knight Chimney, Inc.

Information sharing, field use & office connection

This company has provided us with the best software, customizable to our needs & within a small company budget too. Customer support has always been very fast & responsive and often with a sense of fun.

Pros

Cloud based, allows multiple users, ipads and pc users, (team members, crew chief & office ) to access relevant history, share photos and apply to current job. Spur of the moment updates possible. Love the Interactions feature and follow up pipelines are so useful. Able to adjust each participant's level of access, protecting features but making so much available at the same time.

Cons

The job calendar seems good but not quite what i am used to, and so haven't transitioned to it yet. I am still using my excel system for job scheduling .

Response from Better

Replied March 2020

Hey Kelly! Thank you for writing us an amazing review! We are happy you love our awesome features and enjoy our great support. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and your comment "This company has provided us with the best software, customizable to our needs & within a small company budget too" makes us feel we are achieving this objective. We would be delighted to take you through the amazing and easy functionality of our calendar and help you transition fully from excel. It is always a pleasure working with you Kelly! Thank you once again!

Christophe from Shine of Kalamazoo

Industry: Facilities Services

User friendly and GREAT customer service

The Better Software as a company is unlike any I have worked with in the past. Their customer service is leaps and bounds above everyone else. If I have a question about ANYTHING, I can hop on the chat and be talking with someone in real time in less than 2 minutes. You don't get that kind of service anywhere else.

Pros

The way that this product allows supervisors and employees to use and implement this product for what suits them is great. From running quotes, to imputing pricing, to following maps and accepting payment, it is as east to use for a new employee as it is for the boss.

Cons

The only downfall I see with this software is sometimes it will log you out of the program if you haven't used it in a couple of hours. But other than that it is an amazing product.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hello Christopher and thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It's so great to hear that you have found our system easy to use at all levels of your operation. Sorry about the 2-hour security timeout. It's in place to prevent unauthorized access to your system for situations like leaving your computer unattended for an extended period. Thank you so much for calling out our wonderful support team! We strive to provide the best support in the industry and we are so glad to hear that you feel we meet this standard.

Caroline from Window Genie of Lake Norman

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great!

The Better Software is great, and very easy to navigate. I really enjoy the account services and being able to select certain settings to see who owes us money and when. I also really enjoy the new notification settings that was just established. I think it's great because I can automatically send out notifications and reminders when I have a call, when a job needs to be scheduled, an hour before the job or week before to remind the customer so they do not forget we are coming. I also enjoy that you can customize the notifications to personalize them. I would recommend Better Software to anyone. Also the customer service chat is great, everyone is quick and extremely helpful and amazing customer service representatives.

Pros

Calendar, notifications, accounts services, email templates, customizing searching for certain jobs and customers.

Cons

new calendar I am unable to see all the information on the jobs and names with new calendar as I could with the old one just because the layout has smaller boxes on the calendar.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Caroline! Thanks for taking out time to write us this awesome review. We are very happy you think our software is great and easy to navigate. It is also very heart warming to see that you enjoy our numerous features, including our notifications and reports. Your recommendation totally validates our efforts to continuously improve your experience with BPro. Please let us know via BPro chat, if you need any help. Thank for letting us be a part of your journey.

Adriana from Texas Party Rental

Customer Profile

I love it! it is very easy to use just the create order and the email not showing on the invoice issues are the ones giving me a hard time.

Pros

Whenever I want to update the customer's address or email it opens another window/tab, I don't know how you call it and I don't like that. Whenever I wanted to create a new Order I used to click on Create Order now I have to look for the customer's name go through their Profile and create a new order. Also if it is a new customer and I enter all of his information, the email won't show on the invoice.

Cons

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking out the time to write us a great review Adriana! We are happy that you love our product and find it easy to use. We are sorry that you do not like the way some of the features work and will be delighted to work you through the quick ways to achieve better results with those features. Please reach out through BPro chat if you need anything!

Mark from Shine of Midland

Great product, great people

The Better Software does a very good job of receiving feedback from their users and uses that feedback to help implement future projects and directions with the software. It seems like they are actually listening to us and helping us use the software better and taking feedback to their developers.

Pros

It is very functional for my growing business. I rely on my team members to do a lot of billing and estimating and it is easy for them to use this in the field on a job site.

Cons

There are a few too many clicks. Meaning, it could use some simplifying with ease of use.

Reasons for Choosing Better

My parent company made the decision - I think they liked how The Better Software Company listened to its customers for feedback and development direction. It is also a friendly service to use for franchises so the parent company can help and assist franchisees across the country.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Franchise made the decision to switch.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Mark! Thanks for writing us this great review. We are happy you enjoy the numerous features of the product and define us as "Great product, great people". Thank you for identifying us as a listening company. Our goal is to create the best customer experience in the industry and the only way to achieve this is to listen to your needs and implement accordingly. It is always a pleasure working with you.

Lee from Shine Franchise Group

The Better Software

Pros

We really enjoy the customer support. From all CSRs - they've been great!

Cons

Reporting / Dashboards - One way or another if you spend enough time figuring out the reports - you can get the info you are looking for. However, we still find it to be difficult and very time consuming to use them the way they are.

Reasons for Switching to Better

We really disliked what we were using previously for both functionality and customer support. Bpro was very eye pleasing, we liked the functionality, and the support seemed great.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hello Lee and thanks for taking the time to write this great review. Thank you so much for calling out our wonderful support team! We strive to provide the best support in the industry and we are so glad that you feel we meet this standard. I am sorry you have some difficulty with the reports. We will be delighted to help with quick ways to derive better value from them with ease. Please feel free to chat into BPro support if you need anything.

Graham from Window Genie of North Pittsburgh

Did I mention Customer Support?

Every CRM end-user wishes for different features. BPRO works at delivering. They continually roll out new methods of platform interaction, never being satisfied with a status quo. They seek feedback. And, ultimately, their customer support and attitude are second to none. I would not use another platform even at half the cost.

Pros

Visual data references; data links and work flow; email integration; multiple locations; document library; customer support; ability to alter role-based user access; email tracking; commitment to different ideations of user interface

Cons

Requires additional development to aggregate streams of our customer data to surface insights in making business decisions; credit card processing; multi-source lead capture

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Graham! Wow! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us this amazing review. We are delighted to see that you enjoy our numerous features and continuous improvements. We absolutely love working with you and are happy you feel the same way. Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad that you feel that we meet that standard.

May 2016

Manuel from A-Advanced Home Services

May 2016

Upgrading my customer relation management software.

I recently selected Bpro by the "Better Software Company". After many hours of testing different CRM products available on the market, I found the software to be almost seamless in its function across different devices we use in the office or in the field. Most OTHER products tested had very limited access or functionality on mobile devices. With Bpro all the power and features available on a desk-top browser, are fuctional and accessible from almost any device you want to use. The ability to control levels of access by user was a feature not all products offered but is available with Bpro. The ability of the software to link to my Quickbooks accounting software has been huge time saving feature. The software flows logically and is a simple tile driven interface. My personnel had no problem implementing the new software and switching over from old CRM. The software is extremely flexible and customizable as well. To make a long story short this is a well designed complete package CRM at an excellent price point. Sounds great right! Well it only gets better...After a month now we have the system working seamlessly and it would not have happened with out the outstanding 5 star service and support offered by the team at "The Better Software Company". My expectations for the level of customer service I receive is already ridiculous but I have been blown away. The team at "The Better Software Company" have been, and are available almost 24 hrs a day to help us through this transition. They have literally change the way I view customer service I provide to MY customers. If you are looking for the right software to help manage your company operations, you found it!

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Wow Manuel! Thanks for writing us this awesome review. We are so happy you love the various features of our product and consider it "a well designed complete package CRM at an excellent price point". Thank you for calling out our amazing customer support team. Our goal is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and the fact that you called us "5 star service and support" makes us feel like we meet this standard. It is great working with you. Thank you once again!

Mark from Window Genie of Concord

Lots of data to use!

I like to identify certain customer groups to send out new information and adds to. Its nice to filter to specific criteria. I need to get better and learn more about all the financial tools to help monitor my business P&L.

Pros

There is so much data and reports that can be run. Lots of good information. Easy to obtain existing and recurring data about customers.

Cons

Need a bit of time to create templates and report settings.

Reasons for Switching to Better

corporate wide decision. Needed a bigger and better service company like you

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Mark! Thanks for taking out time to write us a awesome review. We are happy you appreciate the availability of good quality data and reports on our software. It is always our desire to provide great tools for your decision making. Please let us know via BPro chat, if you need any help with the reports or anything else. We are always happy to help. Thank you once again!

Anjeli from Style PURR.Petrator

Exceptional

Reliable, easy to use, accessible with great customer support. Email feature, marketing email feature, on the go scheduler for everyone to review.

Pros

Software is super easy to use. Any level user can feel comfortable clicking though. Accessibility...on the go, on the desk top. Customer support is excellent. If we ever have a question or do not know something, customer support gets back to us with a solution very quickly. Customization, most times our wishlist is developed over time. We love the software!

Cons

n/a

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hello Anjeli and thank you for taking the time to submit your awesome review. It's so great to hear that you have found our system super-easy to use at all levels of your operation and describe us as Exceptional. Thank you so much for calling out our wonderful support team! We strive to provide the best support in the industry and we are so glad to hear that you feel we meet this standard.

Dave from Shine of Traverse City LLC

Great company to work with.

Great company to work with.

Pros

They respond quickly to any issues to might arise and always are there to hep problem solve should anything be needed.

Cons

With being a small company they don't have everything figured out, but they honestly try to figure it out as fast as they can and they are devoted to becoming better every day.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Better software was a better cheaper fit.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Dave! Wow, we really appreciate your support and taking the time to provide us with your great feedback. We are glad you enjoy our awesome customer service. We always try to go the extra mile for our clients and help improve their day to day operations in any way we can. Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey! Please reach out to us via BPro chat if you need anything.

Rebecca from You've Got Maids of Amarillo

Great Great Great! Give them all the stars

Pros

I love everything about this software. We moved from another software that was super hard to use and not a single person was there to help us. With The Better Software Company there is always someone there to help us with any questions no matter how big or small. It's user friendly and there are videos to watch if you need help. They are always striving to make it even better and have webinars to show you the new cool stuff!

Cons

There isn't anything I can complain about with this software.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Our corporate office wanted us to try BPro out because we didn't like our old software. So we tried BPro and never looked back.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Rebecca! Wow! We really appreciate your support in taking the time to provide us with your awesome feedback. We are very happy that you love everything about our software and our customer support, including the learning resources we make available to users to improve the overall experience. We will always do our best to continuously improve our system with even more cool stuff :) Thank you once again!

Meaghan from Tower Productions 2 Inc.

Great Software

Pros

They were very helpful setting up the program to run with our system we had in place already. The inventory part of the program is great. And it's very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the reports can be a little confusing to figure out which ones to use for what.

Response from Better

Replied March 2020

Hi Meaghan! Thank you for writing us this great review. We are happy you find our product to be a "Great software" and our team, very helpful in setting things up for you. Our goal is to create the best customer experience in the industry and all our activities are geared towards this. We will love the opportunity to connect with you and provide clarity to any reports you may find confusing. Please feel free to check in via chat if you need anything. Once again, thank you Meaghan!

Barb from Superior Show Service

Garbage

They sold us on a product that they weren't willing or able to deliver. Odd that I should get an invitation to offer a review a year after we stopped using them (we gave up in October 2018)

Pros

initially it was simple but useful and their staff was responsive.

Cons

they updated to a new version, took out all the functions that worked for our business and then promised endlessly to get it working for us. We had one staff member on the phone with tech support DAILY for months trying to work out the issues. They'd fix one thing just for it to mess up something else. In the end, they basically admitted they were moving in a different direction that what they had sold us on and told us they would no longer be able to meet our needs. They had no issue taking our money for an extra year before deciding that they wouldn't continue to develop the program as promised. Biggest issue was that they market as being able to keep track of inventory over multiple locations but the particular function was the one that always glitched. At one point we had to reinput ALL of our inventory numbers for two locations because they had messed it up so badly it was better to just start from scratch. The amount of staff hours we paid, on top of the cost of the program, it was not worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Better

They seemed like they would be able to meet our needs more closely. And they had a willingness to work with us to tweak the program specifically for us. Also their sales team wasn't near as arrogant as the Point of Rental rep in our area.

Todd from Decor Options

Just my opinion

I have very mixed feelings about Good Shuffle. aspects I love about it and aspects that create a bunch more work for me. But because the price is about half of Caterease my previous software I struggle through. Adjust these few items and it will be a much more user friendly program.

Pros

The Software does a great job of Tracking inventory and when it is out plus it is easy to see jobs of the week.

Cons

I have several items I do not like about the Software. Don't ask if you don't want to know! -Projects Screen - If you have more than 8 jobs in you are currently working on (Not been paid, Future Jobs, Quotes not closed yet), which I hope everyone has more than 8. if you have need to scroll to the right or if you want to know what column you are looking at below the 8th job you have to scroll to the bottom the move to the right and then return to where you were working. Hopefully you remember what job you were on or the phone didn't ring so you can finish what you are working on. The new things they are working on are great but I know a little about programming and the ability to see the slider in an attribute that could likely be changed in less than an hours of work. -Cash Basis while i realize you are not account software you do interact with it especially in Reporting sales. and Tax Reports. I am not 100% sure as I am not an accountant but the way i was trained by tax people and accountant for a Cash Basis Accounting when there is a Deposit it is NOT SALES and Not Taxable until the project has been delivered. So if someone pre pays for linens I can not take the money as sales until I deliver the Project it is a Liability not Sales. So when there are Deposits for jobs that have Sales Tax (Most of mine do not because it is a Resale Exemption) you enter into unearned income where it sits until you deliver the job. Sometimes it is a Year later .

Cost

Leann from Window Genie of Franklin

Best Customer Service!

Pros

I absolutely love this company! They have some of the best customer service staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Very knowledgeable staff, very pleasant. Love them, and highly recommend it!

Cons

Does not deal with email responses, have to use another service for receiving and responding to subsequent emails.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Leann! Thanks for writing us this awesome review. We are delighted to see that you think we have the best customer service ever and the best customer service staff. Our goal is to be provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are happy that you think we meet this objective. We love you too and it is an absolute pleasure working with you!

Fernando from 818 maids

not the best crm out there for franchises

i have had an ok experience but for the money i wouldnt choose this software there are better at the same price with more bells and whistles.

Pros

its very easy to use and i doesn't cost any more to have your staff on the app version which inherently minimizes costs, the site has never been down in 2 plus years of use so very stable. the customer support and integration team is the best.

Cons

they charge for text messages. the reminders for your customers arent the greatest and lead management has room for improvement. cannot make many changes. they are in canada and support is limited to their work hours and time zone.

Dean from Window Genie of South Hills Pittsburgh

Good product

Staff is extremely helpful. I think the product is good and gets the basics done. I would just like a little more usability as it can be a bit choppy at times getting through things, especially reporting.

Pros

I like the calendar feature, the ability to punch in and out of jobs, and all the detail it gives on a customer.

Cons

Reporting. I just thing there should be a custom report feature where you can pull exactly the fields you are looking for. Commission report is still a bit of an issue getting it to be 100% accurate at the end of the week.

Response from Better

Replied March 2020

Hi Dean and thank you for writing us a good review. I am glad you like our features and find our support team extremely helpful. I am sorry you do not currently get as much from our numerous reports as you would like. We would be delighted to discuss this further with you and see how best to create that amazing experience for you on all our features. Please feel free to chat in, so we can help to resolve any grey areas and take note of your specific needs. We look forward to connecting with you soon, Dean!

Joseph from wg of central ny llc

Great service

Overall I am very pleased with Better Software and the outstanding customer service received.

Pros

The software is easy to use and whenever I have a question the response is very quick. I even have had a personal phone call to answer my questions.

Cons

There is a delay with Quickbooks on line and Better Software. This is probable something that can not be improved.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Franchise decision, but the last system was terrible.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Joseph, wow we really appreciate your support and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We always try to go the extra mile for our clients and help improve their day to day in any way we can. Our Quickbooks Online to BPro sync should be real-time. Please feel free to reach out to our amazing support team should you need any assistance with your Quickbooks sync. Thanks again for your support!

September 2016

Matt from Maid 2 Glimmer

September 2016

Organization to the next level

I've been with them for the past year. They've provided the organization to take the business to the next level. I don't worry about making sure the schedule is right or that I've received payments any more. Additionally, the blue button for the chat is great. Your talking to an expert every time.

Pros

Blue button to chat with an expert.

Cons

To optimize the system you need to set aside time for training. The software has a lot of capabilities, so it takes time to know how to utilize all the aspects of it.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hello Matt! Thanks for taking the time to write us this great review, We are delighted that you think our software provides the organization to take your business to the next level. It's also awesome to see that you enjoy our chat feature and the real time support you get. Please feel free to click on that Blue button if you need anything, as we are always ready, willing and able to help.

Katrina from Cody Party Centre

Easy To Use

I very much enjoyed the usability, especially checking off tasks and recent actions. Made things a lot less stressful. I get that software is always up to the boss but from a low level employees point of view it worked great!

Pros

Worked at a rental company and had no experience using business software. BPro was really easy to learn and completing tasks were very straight forward whether it was making a quote, seeing overdue rentals, or printing pick sheets out for our warehouse staff.

Cons

I was only an employee so I wasn’t aware of the full capability of the software. The administrators set permissions on some functions so I did not have access.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Katrina! Thanks for taking out time to write us an awesome review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the usability of our product and found BPro easy to learn. It is fantastic to see that the permissions enabled you to easily achieve your tasks and check them all off. Once again thank you.

Dan from ServiceMaster

Great software

Very well experience . I signed up with them when I was starting my business and they helped me grow.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and very user friendly. Adding customer and schedule is very nice. Keeps all my customer organized and easy to find

Cons

I like the document and adding photos but I wish I can customize my own documents to save to use for every customer and have them sign it through the software.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Dan! Thanks for taking out time to write us an awesome review. We are excited to hear that you find our product very easy to use and like the fact that it keeps your customers organized and easy to find. We are even more elated at your very warm comment that you have been with us from the start and we helped your business grow. Our ultimate objective is to help businesses like yours reach their full potential and we are always happy to hear that we have added value to your business. Please feel free to chat into BPro support if you need anything. Thank you once again!

Art from Art Of Detail

Game Changer

This software has given my business a more simplified and professional way of keeping track of everyday tasks. My invoices and quotes look professional and I now have the ability to follow up with clients and potential clients through email as well as creating a campaign. Everything you need to run your business is at your fingertips and I could not be happier with the decision to add this software into my business. Customer service is phenomenal and world-class. Simply put, The Better Software Company has set the standard in the industry and defines what customer service and solutions should be.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is being updated and becoming better on a regular basis. I love the professional look it gives my business and the ability to track my goals.

Cons

I don't like that I cant change my work week. My week starts on Saturday and ends on Friday. I also would like to see the customer list put into alphabetical order. The only solutions to this at this time is to filter.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Art and thank you for taking the time to submit your awesome review! It's so great to hear that you love our features, the look and feel of our product so much and consider us the "Game Changer". It has been an absolute delight working with you. Thank you so much for calling out our wonderful support team! We strive to provide the best support in the industry and we are so glad to hear that you feel we meet this standard.

Eric from Window Genie

Industry: Facilities Services

It’s good software and slowly improving

Pros

Customer support is great. Software is getting better

Cons

I am not sure if it is how we have the system set up or if it is limitations based on our needs. BPro can be clunky and confusing. Sometime there is more than place to put information, like job notes, service notes,and customer notes. They do not tie together and this can be very confusing from a tech point of view. Reporting should be easier. It can be hard to figure out how to get information out of the database,

No options were given.

Natalie from Franchise Pod

Built for Franchise

Great tool for us as a franchisor and it has definitely helped our franchisees improve their business. On-boarding was easier than expected.

Pros

We have been using it for years and it's configurable to meet our business process and workflows. They have a good change management team as well and they do a good job at supporting both us as franchisors and our franchsisees

Cons

To many product updates. They are rolled out weekly and I would prefer monthly

Kassia from Ruckify

Best Choice for Franchises

They are the absolute best! They support your business, your staff and always work to be a part of your success. The support chat is wonderful and all the staff truly care about making things Better for your company.

Pros

The software offers so many options for running daily operations. From the Leads management, the CRM keeps you organized even in complex scenarios, the calendar is the best for scheduling services and pickups, there is a routing page that is super helpful to our staff!

Cons

I didn't like that I couldn't sync to my Google calendar, but now I can. They really listen to their clients and make updates based on user feedback.

Dan from Window Genie of Bethesda

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great Service and Easy to Use Software

My experience is very good in that the platform communicates well with Quickbooks and is easy to use.

Pros

Intuitive and logical processes and a young, cool and knowledgeable support team.

Cons

Not knowing/utilizing all of the features.

Reasons for Switching to Better

Inflexibility and slowness of the previous system.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Dan! Thanks for writing us this great review. We are glad that you are having a very good experience with our product. We are also happy that you find our customer support team young, cool and knowledgeable. We strive daily to deliver best-in-class customer experience and your comments really validate our efforts. Feel free to reach out through BPro chat if you need anything.

Jeff from Window Genie

Not bad, but could be better

Overall pretty good, but there are glitches that need to be corrected.

Pros

I like how quick you can get support and the reports you can import.

Cons

If you don't get the right person for support the help may not be as beneficial.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied December 2019

Hi Jeff and thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are glad you described our product overall as pretty good. In line with our goal to provide the best customer experience in the industry, we will continue to make releases of new features and improvements to existing ones. We would be delighted to engage with you and explore ways of improving your experience with us. Please feel free to chat in if you need anything!

Wesley from Shine Window Cleaning+Holiday Lighting

Very good

Pros

Customer service and it is easy to use.

Cons

A few bugs here and there but solved quickly.

Response from Better

Replied March 2020

Hey Wesley! Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! We are glad you enjoy our amazing customer service and find our product easy to use. We are also delighted that you find that issues raised are resolved quickly. It will always be our goal to provide an amazing customer experience. Please feel free to check in if you need anything!

Chris from Shine

Better makes us better

Pros

Mobile friendly Easy Scheduling Branded Hubs

Cons

Clicks Not a great clear distinction between prospects and customers

Mad Dog

Mobility

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Chris! Thanks for taking time out of your very busy schedule to write us this great review. Thank you for your kind words as stated in your review title "Better makes us better". We truly do feel the same way, that you equally make us better! It's been a pleasure working with you over the years.

Brian from Cody Mobile Auto Detailing

The use of the software

Great dealing with the staff and I like how easy the program is easy to use

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Great for everyday use.

Cons

All good. No concerns at this time. Will contact if any issues.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Brian! Thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years. We're very happy that you have enjoyed working with our team and that you have found our system easy to use! Let us know if you ever need anything!

Alyssa from MilliCare

Good company, great functions!

I like using this software for business. We are able to see what $ is coming in and can see who still owes $. Also like how you can customize it. Also customer service does a pretty decent job of answering and helping quickly with any issues.

Pros

I like how I can customize it to the needs of my company & my employees.

Cons

It doesn’t work well on the mobile app.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Alyssa and thanks for writing us a good review. We are glad you enjoy the various features, including the assortment of reports. I am sorry if your experience with the Mobile App has not been exciting. Permit me to suggest you log into the website using the mobile device browser. Thank you for calling out our amazing customer service team. We strive daily to provide the best customer experience and are happy you find us speedy and helpful.

Shenell from Reliable Detailing LLC

I absolutely love Bpro! I wish we would've found them earlier on.

Pros

Their customer service is AMAZING!! The staff is very helpful and they always have a solution. Very user friendly system.

Cons

I wish that I could I see appointment information without having to click on it. Other than that I have no complaints!

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Shenell! Thanks for taking time out your busy schedule to write us this awesome review. We absolutely love you too and also wish we had found you earlier. Thank you so much for calling out our wonderful support team! We strive to provide the best support in the industry and we are so glad to hear that you feel we meet this standard.

Elizabeth from Window Genie

Liz's review

Overall--good

Pros

The customer support is amazing and the software is fairly easy to use.

Cons

I think there is a lot of information crammed in a small amount of space and wish there were pop ups

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review Elizabeth! We are happy you called out our amazing customer support team. We strive daily to provide the best customer experience in the industry and your comments validate our efforts. We would be delighted to followup with you to learn a bit more about your concerns on how the information appears. Once again, thank you.

Brent from Svelt Detailing & auto massage LLC

Expensive but full featured

I signed up to use this software expecting a much easier start. The software was very hard to work with by today's software standards. It worked on old conventions that have fallen by the wayside to newer user friendly options. Customer service tried to help but it became apparent that the software was just outdated and I moved on to other options. The good news for new users is that they have completely revamped the software! It has improved so greatly that I regretted switching so soon. But now I'm committed to another system at the point of no return. The new system is feature rich AND user friendly

Pros

Lots of features, attractive new interface, CRM capabilities

Cons

Expensive

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Brent! I am sorry your experience with the older version of our product was not great. Thank you for stating that our new system is feature rich and user friendly. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we are on the right path. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and we look forward to earning the opportunity to work with you again.

Angela from Neat Freaks House Cleaning, LLC

Better Review

I love how I have everything I need to run my client database and business in one place.

Pros

Product is user friendly, and integration with my business was very easy.

Cons

The software seemed very overwhelming at first. There is a lot to learn. But I am figuring it out.

Response from Better

Replied March 2020

Hey Angela! Thanks for writing us this great review! I am happy you love how you have everything you need to run your client database and business in one place. It is our goal to provide the best customer experience in the industry and that is why we built a rather robust product, supported by amazing customer service and you are a champion for always figuring out our various features. Please check in with us via chat if you have any questions or need any help!

William from Millicare | Environet

Industry: Textiles

Excellent tech support

Friendly to use, easy to do modifications, easy to change work orders, easy to track jobs and previous job done.

Pros

Technical support is really good. easy to use anywhere, is web-base

Cons

No French translation (we are in Quebec), sometimes the punch In or Out have bugs, but a quick refresh always work.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your review, William! We are thrilled that you have enjoyed working with our awesome support team. While our system does allow for custom language/labeling on primary menus and features, we will be looking at more in-depth translation options as we expand our service offerings into other markets around the globe. We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review. -All the best and have a great day!!

Debbie from Window Genie

Excellent Product! Excellent Support Team!

Pros

The overall layout of the information on the job. Having access to the customer record, calendar and cart from one page is ideal!

Cons

Compared to what we have used before, there are too many clicks required to complete a transaction. a minimimum requirement for an answer is not ideal .... in my opinion anyway! Hope this works!

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hey Debbie! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us this great review. We are happy you find both our product and support team excellent. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we meet that standard. Please feel free to chat into BPro support as we are always eager to help! Once again, thank you!

Lee from Something Borrowed, LLC

I own an event rental company. I needed to find a reliable, customizable inventory System...

Keep track of inventory. Streamline invoicing. Look professional!

Pros

Customizable, consistently being upgraded, and very affordable! Questions get answered very quickly.

Cons

Navigation sometimes can take some time to learn. Like all web-based software, you're at the mercy of your Internet connection speed which sometimes slows us down.

Response from The Better Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Lee! Thanks for taking the time to submit your great review. It's so awesome to hear that you have found our system customizable and very affordable. We are also glad that you find our customer service quick. Please chat into BPro if you need anything. We are eager to help you resolve any navigation questions you may have. Once again, Thank you.

Brett from Shine

Bpro review !

Great experience very helpful

Pros

How schduleing and the technology and reporting work.

Cons

I really don’t have anything to say that isn’t good

Franchise

Response from Better

Replied March 2020

Hey Bret! Thank you for this awesome review. Your Comment "Great experience, very helpful" totally validates our efforts towards reaching our goal of providing the best customer experience in the industry. We value your feedback, always and look forward to connecting with you soon. Thank you once again Bret!