All Housecall Pro Reviews

1-25 of 2,746 Reviews

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Don’t choose a premium cloud solution for scheduling and invoicing without giving Housecall a good l

Great support both technically and from a corporate level with live events they add value as a user of the product and as a business manager/owner. Tremendous commitment to support the “pros” that make up their customer base

PROS

Ease of use, but full featured, strong mobile app as well as desktop. Integration with Quickbooks online version Also google maps integration and GPS. Online book from our website directly to the software works well.

CONS

Lack of ability to have tech to accept the jobs through the app since we work with independent contractors who can refuse jobs they don’t want. Also there does not seem to be a way for customers to choose the crew they want when booking online

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Was contacted by their sales staff by phone liked the demo wanted integrated functions and saved a bit on the monthly cost over having two subscriptions with Freshbooks and Appointment Plus

Trish

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

I am obsessed!

We came running back to HCP after using another software for a year. Our breaking point with that software was the price book being outrageously difficult to utilize. With the new DOE changes for 2023, ALL hvac major equipment has been changed and we needed to do update that accordingly. The price book in HCP is smart, helpful, calculated, and still very easy to figure out and utilize.

PROS

We used HCP for years when we decided to move to another software. After a year on that other software, we came RUNNING back to HCP for many reasons. The biggest reasons? Ease of use, amazing features, customer service, and price points.

CONS

Auto pricing for Maintenance Plan Agreements. It is technically there but having it more in depth would be great. Example: Our Gold Level get $0 service call fee-10% off materials-$50 off new system. HCP provides that 10% off though so still an absolutely amazing feature!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

There are a multitude of reasons for the switch. *Ease of use*Price book*Online Booking*Auto- reviews*Maintenance Plans*Pricing (cost)*Checklists*Wiseteack

WOW! Love to see it! Thanks for the review! Curious to learn more about the issues with the service agreements, feel free to shoot me an email via proadvocate@housecallpro.com so we can help!

Replied February 2023

Esther

Reviewed June 2019

Mixed Emotions

PRO: Liked the GPS locator for the office and field techs. The app was also very easy for the techs to maneuver. Having a picture of the tech when notifying the customer via text they were on their way was great. Made our customers feel at ease for them to know who would be coming to their door. CON: Chat takes way too long and not able to speak to someone. We have a lot of commercial accounts that require a purchase order number on the invoice. There is no "box" to add PO, need to put in the notes at bottom of invoice. Should be at the top of the invoice for customers to reference quickly. Job location only has two lines available. Again, a lot of our commercial customers have several job descriptions and need to have the job location name (1st line), street address (2nd line) and city, state and zip (3rd line). They do have the "parent/child" entry but they are separate from each other when searching or invoicing. Can't search for an invoice number quickly. Need to pull up the customer and then find the invoice. Invoice template could not be changed, font too large and spaced out way too far so almost every invoice went into 2 pages. A lot of our commercial customers had complained because they were having to print out multiple pages for an invoice.

PROS

We loved the GPS that showed the property location and street view. This helped our techs locate the property without questioning. Also when entering the job, it prevented the office from a typo when entering the property street address.

CONS

At first sign up we were given our "own" personal trainer. However, she was on a time limit and did not help with our concerns. Would cut me off and say she had to take other calls, would need to set up another appointment... a few days later. Got my 30 minutes again, then she said set up 5 jobs and see how they go. The problem is that our business did not stop, it had to keep running and we didn't know how to set up our system. By the time it was set up we had a huge backlog of entering, late invoices, etc. After our 2 or 3 visits with our "personal trainers", they converted us to customer service online chat only. It took a long time to get someone to respond, most times would lead into another question, wait again, and so on. Wasted so much time in the office! At the beginning of set up, it took days and hours to get results, very, very frustrating. Kept asking if we could just speak to someone and they said they were set up for online chat and could make an appointment if the concern was something a chat could not resolve. I would need help at that moment, would not want to wait several days to speak to someone. ( After a few weeks we ended up going to Service Fusion which gave us 60 full days with our personal trainer. Would spend up to an hour on the phone guiding us through the set up. And if our rep was not available, you could speak to anyone on the customer service team. Absolutely wonderful!)

Charity

Reviewed March 2024

Super friendly and helpful

PROS

The staff is incredible and provides a really comprehensive yet efficient demonstration, to start with an then blew my mind with how simple and straight forward the software is, all the whole tending to so many needs that come with being in the cleaning industry.

CONS

So far, the only thing I don't like is that I didn't hear about it sooner!

Rosemary

Reviewed October 2022

HouseCall Pro

PROS

I love that I can do almost everything with this software. It has helped our company grow and I love that we are able to grow with HouseCall Pro.

CONS

I would really like to have inventory management available and I do not like working with Stripe for the payment processing. I am however, glad that they are starting to allow payroll though.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The Price, the ease of use, and features.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Because HouseCall Pro has more features available that I needed to be able to utilize such as maintenance plans and GPS tracking.

Hi Rosemary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

Chad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Love this software

Love it. Used it before and got my new employer to use it because how great it is.

PROS

Had almost all the features of much more expensive products I have used in the past.

CONS

Wish it showed side by side pricing of discounts to show savings on a line by line basis, rather than just at the bottom.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Price and featured. I had wants and needs. This had all the needs and most of the wants

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Started me own company and ran for a year and a half. Closed it due to a move. But previous to that, used Service Titan with an old job. Liked it, but way to expensive. So I tried HCP and loved it. Now convinced my new boss to use it because how great it is.

Anthony

Reviewed January 2021

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

PROS

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

CONS

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Service Fusion - the set up was horrible, the support from the team didnt know any answers to my questions so i just assume it was going to be hell in the future. Service Titan - too expensive for a company my size. ThermoGrid - Price was high and the software had way too many steps to create a job from a call (correctly) to have proper reporting later on in the future. Also, the line items looks like an excel spreadsheet, wasnt too crazy about that.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

They were not updating the remote ability to the software. The actual desktop version of this software was GREAT but it stayed behind and let everyone else take over. It was very unfortunate. Than fieldedge took over and they basically are converting all their wintac users to fieldedge users. so basically wintac seems like its going under while being absorbed by fieldedge.

Kevin

Reviewed January 2021

Great value for most small businesses

It has been great!

PROS

The software is easy to use and navigate. I have had no issues implementing it in my day to day operations.

CONS

I would like to be able to make changes directly from the reporting screen (update tags, add/delete info, etc)

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

loo and feel of the product seemed superior. Plus, the cost was in line with what I was willing to pay.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

better value (it may have been an even greater value 2 years ago, but still pretty good)

Eric

Utilities, 1 employee

I LOVE USING HOUSECALL PRO IN OUR HOME SERVICE BUSINESS

HOUSECALL PRO HAS STREAMLINED MY INVOICING, CUSTOMER DATA STORAGE, CUSTOMER INTERACTION, AND MUCH MORE. THE SOFTWARE IS CONTINUALLY GETTING BETTER AND THE CUSTOMER SUPORT INTERACTION IS ABOVE AVERAGE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH HOUSECALL PRO!!

PROS

FUNCTIONALITY, TECH SUPPORT, AND VALUE VS PRICE

CONS

IT IS ONLY USABLE WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION FOR INVOICEING. I WOULD ALSO LIKE A VERSION THAT WORKS IN THE FIELD WHERE INTERNET IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

HOUSECALL PRO IS A SUPIRIOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND INVOICING SYSTEM FOR A HOME SERVICE BUSINESS.

Orville Davis,

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

PROS

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

CONS

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The sales team was very informative and not pressuring.

Christina

Reviewed August 2019

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

PROS

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier. a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home. b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office. c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change. d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

CONS

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Another local plumbing outfit recommended we try HouseCall.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Needed to have a more integrated scheduling and invoicing system. Desired software which integrated ability to accept payments (get rid of our Square), and integrated with QB Online for accounting purposes.

Kathryn

Reviewed August 2019

Makes my job so much easier!

Before Housecall Pro, my previous employer had stacks of paper invoices she was trying to collect on and manually texting out service calls to each of her in-field technicians EVERY DAY. I was hired specifically to help implement an easier way to operate her small but growing HVAC company. I started research on the different software available and even trialed two before I came across Housecall Pro. One week after implementing and training our technicians we saw a significant improvement in communication between staff and customers as well as collecting on invoices. I was so pleased with Housecall Pro I recommended it to a family member who also has an HVAC company out of Phoenix. I now work remotely for him and cannot be more thrilled that I am again working with Housecall Pro. Thank you for such awesome customer service and a great overall product. This software was perfect for the small service-based business's I have had the pleasure to work with.

PROS

With my main responsibility being dispatching service calls and administrative work, Housecall Pro makes it so easy to have all of the information in one place. You are able to see the status of service calls and invoice homeowners directly from the app. Another great feature of Housecall Pro is offering direct communication with customers and employees via text from the app. The convenience of an online dispatching system is that information can be accessed and updated in real-time so that everyone has accurate information at all times. Customer service agents are available via chat during business hours and provide solutions to problems that you have within minutes which is also very helpful and reassuring when you have questions.

CONS

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about Housecall Pro. Housecall Pro will continue to offer an excellent product, while actively improving their site and adding new features on a regular basis.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

It was easier, affordable, and offers the most for your money.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Testing for the best product to fit the company's needs and size.

Chase

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great Software for Residential Service

HCP handles a lot of my business for me. It even has online booking features.

PROS

Many things. I like the payment options I can give to clients, the calendar sync, estimates, postcard integration, support systems etc.

CONS

Sometimes it takes a while to load on the customer's end so they think it’s not working. I think it’s just because it’s encrypted though.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Because Launch 27 was very confusing for me and to the customers. You almost have to program it out. HCP is much simpler to use and customers prefer it. I ran both systems to test them out.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Thanks for the loyalty and 5-star review, Chase! And glad to hear you are taking advantage of online booking. Did you know that more than 1/3 of homeowners want to book service appointments online? Great that you are not missing these important folks.

Replied December 2019

Joe

Reviewed July 2021

Worst Business Software I have ever used

Horrible, expensive and a waste of time

PROS

Nothing. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

CONS

Everything. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Better features. (But none of them actually work)

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Soho is great and house all sucks

Whitney

Reviewed May 2021

Excellent Service Industry Software

More than positive! It has streamlined our business and provided a better experience for our customers.

PROS

The ease of use of this software is by far some of the best and I demoed several before deciding on Housecall Pro. This is our first go at a digital software and they have been excellent to work with in getting us a set up specific to our needs as a company. We like that it encompasses a review component as well as real time data for our office staff to see where our technicians are at on their schedule. The online community Facebook page has been a tremendous help in hearing how other companies are working through issues as business information in general.

CONS

There have been times where chatting into the blue bubble yields less than timely feedback for important things we need to get sorted out in the office. The Facebook group is helpful in me searching to find a work around or solution while I wait to hear back from the blue bubble. I understand why there is no direct phone contact for immediate issues, but it would be nice in dire times to be able to immediately get a person on the phone.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Community of support. Ease of use. The collectiveness of what is offered at the given price point.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Ease of use. Product support.

Skye

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

This software is a game changer

PROS

Our customers love the communication. Our staff love how easy it is to use the app. It sets us miles ahead of our competition and gives us that sharp professional look we strive to bring our customers on the job. The fact that it communicates with our Quickbooks software makes the accounting end simple and saves a tremendous amount of time.

CONS

At this point, there isn't anything I don't like about HCP! I am a happy customer!

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Easy to use. Focused on customer service. Price was acceptable.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

ServiceTitan was too complicated for our team.

Julie