All Revelation Pets Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

June 2022

Revelation Pets

Justin

This software is a great value for the money!

Pros

Number one is the web-based functionality. I can update things on my phone or iPad, and I don't have to lug my laptop around with me. I really like the ability for my customers to be able to set up bookings online, as it frees up my staff's time to take care of our business. I also like the different tracking features, such as vaccines and birthdays. The customer service is excellent, and they are very good about incorporating user feedback into updates.

Cons

There are a few things that I think operate a little clunky (such as blocking off daycare runs when boarding runs are full) and take more clicks than they should.

Anai

Tested Everything in the Market

From migrating into it, to our daily use, we love Revelation Pets and it has been a great experience. We tested 3 other dog hotel software and all failed to tick all the boxes except RP. Try it out, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

This software is robust but with an easy user experience. I found this the hardest feature to find and it was the most important to us. We had previously worked with software that was incredibly robust and useful but training was a nightmare. No one could learn it on a one off. Revelation Pets is intuitive. A new employee can sit with it for 20 minutes and quickly understand the basic functionality. It integrates with Square amongst other payment gateways. It's online booking for clients is also easy and has a nice UI. It has all the features we need without clutter or confusion. Best of all is the customer support. It is the best of any software I have ever used. They are prompt and attentive.

Cons

The cons I can think of are things I cannot do with it yet that are really just specific to my use. Like, I could use the ability to also sell grooming packages or handle recurring monthly services but that doesn't speak to the software as a whole, that's just us.

Reasons for choosing Revelation Pets

Robust but still easy to use.

Probably lost thousands of dollars...will never know for sure

It got the job done for starting up when we didn't have much money coming in, but switch as soon as you can.

Pros

Price point and the trial got us in the door. It did the trick when we were very small, but once we went of 25 dogs the bugs and workarounds were no longer worth the lower cost.

Cons

So there are A LOT of bugs. The most impactful one was that for a period, some of our recurring reservations disappeared after the fact and there was no way of recovering that information or knowing how many dogs this happened with. This potentially cost us thousands of dollars. The customer service was very blasé about it. You would think they could offer some compensation like a refund for their software or something. There were many other inconveniences, but this was the biggest issue. They addressed a lot of the minor bugs in a timely manner, but we were told upon joining that they would soon offer the ability for us to sell and keep track of both half-day and full-day reservations, which never happened. We tried keeping track of this manually, but it resulted in spending hours on this because we have different employees checking in or out. This might work for an in home operation with just a few regulars, but not for us. They were recently bought out by gingr, who told us they are not going to be doing any new features. I think the clientele will be switched over to gingr, which we now use and is so far much better. More expensive though.

Lisa

We love the software from Revelation Pets.

Pros

We have a small but rapidly expanding boarding and daycare facility in New Zealand and to have a supported software package that is constantly updated and kept in the cloud is an true asset to our business. Anyone can use the product with ease and you can suggest enhancements which the team at Revelation Pets will develop for release to all without further costs back to their clients. Our customers use the product to make their own bookings which is really beneficial to both our customers and ourselves and the reporting features help us to keep track of our progress from year to year or week to week. Recently I asked fir an enhancement to check off multiple payments in one action and this was acknowledged quickly, developed and presented back to me with a very short time frame. Pretty exciting really when you are the client and you ask for something that then gets delivered free to you all within a couple of weeks! A further bonus is if you have a question you always get a reply from the team in a really timely manner. We fully recommend Revelation Pets to anyone, anywhere in the world that would like to grow or enhance their business and make it simple for their own customers and your staff. Simple to use, packed with features, regular upgrades that are free, one set price, and a product that teams up with other products such as mail chimp to make your services even better. Great stuff Revelation Pets!

Nicholas

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Woodrock Animal Rescue review

Exceptional support and improvements since we started. We still have a problem with the accounting side regarding invoicing (accrual basis versus payments basis and payments in advance). In terms of generally accepted acoounting principles we have to account on an accrual basis and payments received in advance are to be treated as a liability and not income. We also have trouble reporting on invoicing for a specific period (invoicing for that period of bookings) as opposed to the booking report. Also the booking report does not give totals and exporting to excel does not allow us to autosum due to our different currency.

Pros

simplicity and clarity

Cons

accounting side is not on par with the rest of the software

Richard

July 2016

The leader of the pack!

I cannot rave enough about this software and the company behind it. We have a 60 room cattery in Tasmania, Australia and we made the move from a paper based system to Revelation Pets after months of reviewing all of the software available. To us, Revelation Pets were head and shoulders above the competition because of the features and the ability to give it a really good test run of all of those features before we committed was great. Everything we threw at it it was able to cope with and the customisation features give customers a sense that they are dealing with you and not a generic piece of software when making an online booking or receiving a confirmation email. It's obviously been designed with plenty of input from people in our industry and looks good so my team WANT to use it. Revelation Pets has not only made our business more professional, but has increased our productivity. We have fewer phone calls to answer - not only for bookings but also for information that is now emailed to the customer after they book. I love that I can take bookings or view information on anything with a browser including my phone and it looks great and is easy to use on that too. To back up their great product, the customer support is awesome. These guys really listen to what their customers want and act quickly. I have made several suggestions for changes I'd like to see and usually within 24 hours (usually less) I have a response and then shortly after that a notification that the change has been made complete with instructions.

Pros

Feature rich Great UI Customisable Web based - always up to date software and available on any device with a browser Scales well to work on mobile phone browsers No lock in contract Amazing customer support

Cons

It would be a minor concern if we lost power or internet access at the cattery, but then we have our mobile phones as a back up :-)

Crystal

Industry: Veterinary

Revelation Pets

My overall experience with revelation pet was very positive I thought that it Inc. efficient and effective communication between clients during boarding and daycare visits.

Pros

what i loved most about this software that’s how user-friendly it was and efficient for clients to use and book boarding and daycare visits and appointments.

Cons

what I like least about the software was some of the formatting however once you got used to it it was easy to maneuver

Yuniati

Great

Pros

User friendly, quick response from their customer service, simple and useful report for boarding kennel owner

Anna

What a relief to have found a system like this.

Everything is in one place and you can access it from anywhere.

Pros

All the kennel data is in one place and is accessible to all my staff wherever they are. The fact that Kinder Kennels has been able to grow with Revelation Pets makes it very much a partnership.

Pedro Arturo

It has helped me a lot to manage my kennel business

I've been using this software for several months and now I spend my free time helping more dogs and their owners

Pros

It's very easy to use and to set up. The customization features to add logo, business name, address, prices and forms of payment make your business look serious. It's very helpful to have all the features you need in one place to manage kennels's booking and vacancies, customers, pets, vaccines, payments. Reports are very important for my business because they allow me to keep record of the arrival and departures, dietaries and vaccines notes and overall improve my service.

Cons

I would love to have the PayPal plugin as a payment processor to charge my services with it, lot's of my clients use it

Jan

Industry: Defense & Space

Keeps my business running smoothly

Customer service is excellent, worthy updates and financials all organized. I did some research and selected Revelation pets because it was simple and super effective. I could not be happy with my choice.

Pros

I love the tracking of payments, outstanding payments, ease of use, constant updates (I am actually excited when I know that updates are coming as they always improve the software). I started using the software just before we opened our day camp and in home boarding facility and I could not imagine what I would have done without it. It runs the day to day business side of things. Gives me all the financials I need at the touch of a button. I really like the chart facility to see how my business grows month by month. This booking software has absolutely contributed to the success of our business.

Cons

I like everything about it. I love the new calender page in this new update. That is a very useful new feature. Thank you again Revelation Pets.

Janelle

Easy to use, loaded with features. Sweet relief that I have finally found "the one".

Confidence in moving forward with a system that we know will more than adequately support our upcoming new business.

Pros

This system is amazing already after a day of trialing it for our upcoming new business we are sold. We are opening a cat exclusive hotel this year. I have been working in the industry for a few years now and watched my previous employer develop an operating system for her cattery, I now view decent software as essential in this business since seeing what it can do for freeing up time and appearing professional to clients. We decided we wanted a system that was easy to navigate, and that allowed an online booking and payment portal from the get go. During our market research a third of respondents said they wanted to book and pay online, so it is important we deliver, as this may mean the difference between gaining a new customer or them going elsewhere. The review platform and Facebook booking widget are just amazing additions we were not expecting to find. Also the manner in how you can tailor everything word wise, is awesome. I have trialed a few kennel software systems and this is by far the best I've seen. Glad to be here. We expect to be clients for a long time.

Joachim

Industry: Veterinary

The best software for pet boarding !

Revelation Pets saves me many hours of administration in the office. I can concentrate fully with my team on caring for our dogs and cats. Revelation Pets works almost automatically and I can manage and accept bookings with just a few clicks. Our customers have given us a lot of positive feedback after switching to Revelation Pets as it also makes booking much easier for our customers. Due to the regular updates, Revelation Pets is getting better and better and in many areas can be individually adapted to your own needs.

Pros

- professional Online Booking Tool - own customer account for the pet owners - Need no App on Smartphone - Excellent and very fast support - take customer requests and suggestions for improvement seriously

Cons

- nothing -> I'm happy :-) I use the software for a long time and am completely satisfied. There were only a few problems that the support but could fix very quickly.

Miki

I have been using Revelation Pets for two years and have never had to look for something better.

Pros

Their customer service cannot be be praised enough. They are very accomodating and responsive. We have grown alongside each other, and they have addresses all of our suggestions for improvement and have adjusted their systems in a timely manner when possible.

Cons

Would love if they were able to partner with QuickBooks for seamless bookkeeping. Would also love to see the pet vaccinations use a hide field function for users so there aren't so many visible choices when entering records.

Mary-Anne