(3,686)

3,686

(2,079)

2,079

• Pros

• "Love the simplicity and well priced. It's a great tool that I use on every device. I love how it syncs instantly."

• "Works great, would recommend anyone using this product to buy it. I love the product and use it all the time."

• "I absolutely love the interface of this software. It makes organization of notes and information very easy. I use this software every day and it has been a huge tool for me at work. "

• Cons

• "La version gratuite prevoit 1G de downlaod, ce qui est parfait pour de petit article mais pas pour des guide ou ebook"

• "the free version has a lot less storage capability, could use a better audio recorder, its a bit expensive but worth it"

• "Somehow android version works flawlessly, but web clipper (in google chrome) sometimes do not work."

Browse Evernote Reviews

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Ever Noted For The Masses

I remember Evernote when it was in its early development stages as an optimistic note-taking application. Years in the making, it grew a business software branch and became even more extensive. I have positive support for the brand and hope it'll continue to grow.

Pros

I really appreciate its savvy integration with other cloud-based solutions. It approaches the connection and bonding experience in a playful, yet professional manner. The company I work with is active with Salesforce and Google, so we discussed a crucial need of ours. The business needed our concepts and data to be quickly recorded into an excelling application. That's where EverNote Business came in. I was already familiar with EverNote and informed our company of the new technology extension. We moved forward and were impressed by the results. Within a month, our projections were progressing by a 20% increase. Our thoughts and visions were compiled, together, in a single database that simplified our workflow. And most of all, we were able to work faster. EverNote trimmed unnecessary time away.

Cons

My only minor setback, with the software, would be the design possibilities. I do wish that EverNote presented a little more features for its users to manage the layout of the notes more. Otherwise, it's a wonderful solution.

Reasons for Choosing Evernote

I manage the decisions for the software we use, so I've tested each of the notetaking solutions we suggested. And by far, EverNote Business had the best results and research. It provided the most freedom in the layout and the cleanest approach to what each user would see.

James from Gidgets Gadgets and Gifts

Evernote Buisness Review

When I’m doing my retail sales using Evernote I can keep track easily of addresses or information that I need to remember about certain products or details about the products I don’t wanna forget. I also use it to keep track of daily tasks I need to complete at my cleaning company. It’s great for keeping track of the different locations and customer numbers that I’m gonna need through out the day and any note I make anyone on my staff can log in and read it. So far I have not had one employee that wasn’t able to figure it out and quickly at that

Pros

I have used this software now for a little over two years and I absolutely love it!! It’s very easy to use and sign into from different locations and or devices and see every note you have made or different things that you have posted. I own my own cleaning company and sell retail online for extra money and Evernote makes it easy for me to keep track of different things or tasks that I need to remember and can easily access and look at no matter which job I am working at. I also sometimes fill in for a Drs Office and we use Evernote as a way to communicate back and forth at the same time without having to disrupt the Drs time with the patient

Cons

Honestly I can’t think of much that I would change so far most of the tasks that I try to complete or notes that I need to make it has always been able to do and complete easily without me having to work too much to get to it.

Reasons for Choosing Evernote

It honestly was the first one I really looked into and tried and it ended up being just what I was looking for

Isabella from Alascom

The ultimate note-taking application.

In the company, we had some problems expressing the ideas we had. Sometimes it was complicated to work as a team because of a lack of communication at certain times. We could use a typical dashboard for group ideas, but it was too inefficient. Evernote Business allowed us all to take notes for ourselves and for the company. The communication is now excellent and we find it to be software we can't stop living with. The variety of file types it handles is very good and the integration with other software we use is excellent for productivity. We have everything centralized in Evernote Business and the information is not lost.

Pros

I have a lot of ways to save a quick thought. I love being able to record a voice memo and save it as a note in Evernote and then being able to listen to it and write down some audio notes in the same file. I think that the spontaneity of Evernote Business and the ability to handle several types of files is what I like best and I think it is the strongest point of the application. Another aspect I like very much about Evernote Business is that the software is adapted to all operating systems and many devices. It is very convenient to have the software synchronized on all the devices of the company's workers because it is always accessible to take a note or make a contribution. The integration with other software used by the company, such as Gmail or the calendar, is perfect. I think it is essential to have good productivity in the team and everything is in one application. The synchronization in the edition of files and documents is very good, we have not had any problem. At first, it was hard to get used to their system of ordering notes by notebooks, but now I think it is essential.

Cons

At first we were intimidated by Evernote. It has too many features that are new to us. It's a friendly application in the interface, but it's challenging to use. It took us time and effort to get used to more and more features to get the most out of it, and it was better when we started watching the tutorials on the YouTube channel. The mobile application is growing too much. I'm worried that on some low-powered smartphone I won't be able to use this software. I understand it's because of all the media files out there, but I wish there was a lite version or a way to compress the files so they took up less space.

Time for a Change?

Pros

Love the web clipper feature and the fact that the browser extension works on everything from Safari and Mozilla to Chrome and Opera--and that users can right-click content or webpages. Also love that you can clip an entire webpage that's fully functional when accessing in a notebook. The simplified article clipping function is also incredibly helpful in increasing the readability of pages with lots of distracting ads, videos, etc. PDFs can also be saved to notebooks online.

Cons

Having used Evernote Business for several years now, my notebooks and clips have accumulated and are quite substantial. I prefer to use Evernote Business with my web browser, and frequently experience sluggishness and long page loading times. Ditto for the desktop and mobile apps... I used to be able to click on multiple notes and combine them into a single note without any problem; however, it's been some time since this feature has worked. Also tagging notes can be a pain because if the program is being slow or unresponsive, it'll automatically tag clips with partially spelled tags or words, creating nonsensical and excessive tags that probably contribute to the overall speed issues I've experienced with Evernote Business.

Jose F. from Koombea

One of the best note taking apps your team can use

Overall, I think it's an essential tool to have even if using it for personal note taking. I like it more than simpler software, yet it's simple enough that it lets me just launch and start taking notes.

Pros

It's simple to use and setup. There's no unnecessary functionality or things in the way of the user yet it's powerful enough to categorize and maintain a long term personal log of notes. It helps me get things done.

Cons

It lacks in exporting functionality. When I want to take my notes to the next level, to write a longer or more formal document, then it lacks enough functionality to export it to, Word, Google Docs or something like that. Also, launch times can sometimes be a bit on the slow side.

Reasons for Choosing Evernote

I liked it more, it's simpler and has fast apps everywhere (ios, macos, web) that don't require being online all the time.

Keith from Calvary Chapel

Overall it has been a great tool for us to use for internal note keeping. It allows us to easily update "how to's" and get to that information no matter where we are at. We love how we don't have to worry about backing up the information for our many different users.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access your notes from anywhere! Doesn't matter whether using my phone, Chromebook, or desktop machine, it's looks good and is easy to access.

Cons

There are a couple things I haven't liked about the software. First is the cost, it starts to get expensive when you add more users. Also we have had some issues with granular sharing of notes.

Reasons for Choosing Evernote

Ease of use and a lot of staff already had a personal account.

Rachelle from Education

Great for on-the-go Note Taking

We use Evernote Business to take and share notes within the company. Evernote is a great option for keeping notes accessable from multiple devices and across the company.

Pros

This product is great for when you need to be able to take clear notes at a conference, meeting, or site visit. We love using not only the notes but also the ability to draw and insert pictures to add detail to notes.

Cons

The basic formatting for a note can be a bit messy. I have to go in and change fonts and styles for the note to look more professional.

Reasons for Choosing Evernote

Ease of use and diverse options for note taking.

Boyd from BP Media

As an author...

I love using it to write on my tablet, computer, phone and have my editor can access it easily too.

Pros

As an author, I move from computer to computer and have an editor that can also view my files. Evernote is so easy to use. I love that everything is real time. I don't have to load a program and then load a file. I can have all my files already pulled up and ready for me to add, edit and read immediately.

Cons

Changing fonts and sizing of the text is challenging. It takes some looking around to figure it out. That is not so intuitive.

When I use it, I feel that the app is less user friendly than outlook or other like-to-like software

Just ok.

Pros

I know that there have been a lot of different apps you can use with Evernote.

Cons

Some of the apps are very similar to others, but they don't seem to link that well, so I rarely use Evernote.

Kristen from Let us compost

Industry: Biotechnology

Good idea - Poor integration!

I had great expectations but it failed to meet them. When I shared it with my team, they didn’t really use it and it didn’t integrate well with Dropbox or Gsuite. It was clever but didn’t solve the issue of information being easily accessible to all for some reason.

Pros

The notebooks were fun and I liked the ability to label them and the interface was playful and thoughtful.

Cons

It integrates terribly with other software, and I found it to have the same fate as paper notebooks - dusty and lost, un-used.

Reasons for Choosing Evernote

Evernote had a better interface and I liked that it focused on the notebook idea.

Uros from Rise Studio

Evernote is definitely the king of all reminders

I have been using this software for a very long time. To this day, I enjoy all the improvements. I have already cited the sea of benefits that have set me apart for this reminder. In fact, over time it has ceased to be a classic reminder, and today we are already talking about a serious article-making program or even presentations. I am a Premium package user so even PDFs are not a problem. So with this software, your phone becomes a pocket-sized office with no major obstacles

Pros

Software from day one buys all my sympathies for many reasons. First of all, because of the ease of use of its options, the ability to include individual notes via inserting files into the notes themselves. Also, synchronization is perfect so there is no need to manually transfer files. Of course, today many remembered to follow this example very successfully, but certainly Evernote was among the first to become a userfrendly application for professional users. Even if you are not a premium user you have a lot of features in the interface itself so you are in no way conditioned on the developer to buy the premium package

Cons

Преведи са језика: босански 591/5000 Evernote also has some drawbacks. I admit, it's not a disadvantage that would deter me from using it, but ... First of all, if you use a phone with less configuration, there is a possibility of freezing the application at certain times, as well as shutting it down during operation. In case you have not already remembered before then you lose it. So, the suggestion to developers is to introduce autosave in one of the upcoming upgrades. Also, the nightmare could have been done far better because of the battery and screen savings (Due to prolonged use it can be "fatal" from the OLED screen of your smartphone)

Isaac from Ethical Leaf Tobacco

Industry: Tobacco

Evernote Business review by Isaac Fungura

Evernote is a very handy tool in my daily life, both business and personal. I tend to get overwhelmed with tasks and forget some brilliant ideas I may have had. So, I decided to install Evernote on all my devices - phone, tab, laptop so that when I take my routine morning walks or runs, and an idea pops up in my mind, I quickly jot it down. The brilliance of Evernote is that I can type or use a stylus, or take a picture of say a product I want the procurement team to purchase and I can also record a voice note and save it as is...or it can also decode my voice note and save it as text almost instantaneously! I can also save PDFs, Word documents, scribble a sketch drawing or even get a signature if I don't have a handy paper for a client to sign. I also use it to set reminders and to-do list which I can then follow through later on. All this is then synced across my devices through my linked Google account so that even if I'm away from my laptop, I can still access my data or add notes on my other devices. In the office and in meetings, I easily take notes and minutes and can then share that with colleagues. It's just superb and makes life sooo easy. It also switches on my creative mindset since I can just take down notes whenever and wherever I go. I also use Evernote at my Masters school to take notes in lectures...how convenient, because I normally don't want to move around with books in my hands. Also it is very easy to store the notes and share them with fellows

Pros

There is no limit to what I can put or store into my Evernote account. The library can store important business information such as company policies and procedure manuals for the access of everyone at the company who is using Evernote. It replaces the need for the company to have a physical library for sharing that info. Evernote separates between private and business note books, hence respects privacy of employees and they can take that private information when they leave the company and all the business notebooks remain with the company. Notifications when someone joins a library, edits or adds a note, these assist me in keeping track of what is going on around the organisation since I may not physically be able to cope with the events occurring around, but on Evernote, I quickly get insights of what is going on. It allows sharing information across the organisation and getting feedback

Cons

When offline, I'm obviously unable to sync my content with my other devices. However, when I get back online sync becomes active. It can become addictive sometimes as it is a part of my daily life

Emeka from Haptics Nigeria

I can't find a better replacement yet!

Evernote has been a very useful app to me. I use it to keep both personal and business journals. I don't have to be carrying diary all around. An amazing experience I've had with Evernote was when I was going through me notes and found a note I wrote 3 years ago. I entirely forgot about the note, but was wowed when I saw it. Evernote had been awesome!

Pros

Evernote is a note taking app I started using in 2016, about 3 years ago. It's the best I have yet to see in it's category of products. With Evernote, I'm able to do a couple of things, and that effectively. These include: 1. With Evernote I'm able to write notes, and have them auto-saved when I leaves the app, even without saving them manually. 2. With Evernote I'm able to password protect my notes to maintain my privacy. I can also use finger print to unlock the app, which makes it more fun. The cool part of this feature is that the app automatically locks itself when it is minimized for a while. This helps me protect my privacy. 3. With Evernote, collaborating with teams becomes a lot easier. I and my team can work on a note together. 4. With Evernote, I'm able to chat with other users. This makes collaboration a lot faster. I do not need to exit the app to communicate with fellow collaborators, I can do that right from the app. 5. Evernote allows me a huge amount of space where I can save my notes. The beautiful part is that I can even add voice notes, pictures and other attachments to a note. Is this not amazing ? 6. I do set reminders with Evernote. This helps me effectively manage my time. 7. Evernote helps me to sync my notes online. This allows me to edit my notes across devices. I can write a note on the Evernote mobile app, and edit it on my PC . Beautiful!

Cons

There is a saying that everything that has an advantage equally have a disadvantage. A few cons I've noticed about Evernote include: 1. There is no "forgot pin" option on the pin prompt screen of the Evernote app. This means that if you forgets your Evernote pin, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it before you can have access to your notes again . 2. The Evernote premium comes with a budget. If you don't have the budget to renew your subscription periodically, you'll be left behind. Aside from these two cons, Evernote is awesome!

Zeynel from atauni

Ultimate personal digital notebook.

It is one of the best options to take notes and organize them. I found it very useful for writing summaries and reviews for book. I can store the files (especially ones I need to reach everyday) I use it as task management and planning system... as draft for comprehensive projects.... and for many applications In short; it is my best productivity tool

Pros

Before I started to use Evernote organizing my notes was something challenging and frustrating to me... I had plenty of pdf files, screenshots in several devices such as my computer, usb disk and mobile phone. And it wasn't an easy task to remember which note was in which device. For not be too dependent on devices I used to mail the word files to myself, causing my dirve to be even messed up. And searching the notes was almost out of option. But with Evernote; I know pretty well to store which note in which folder for my notes to be organized I can reach my notes with any device, as I organized them. I have no problem with finding a note when I need it. I can easily edit the files in Evernote without having to download and upload over and over again. Thanks to auto-saving and auto-uploading feature, power blackout, while writing, is not big issue for my notes, because I know it has been saved and uploaded already. Feature of seeing the previous versions of the notes, makes copying notes redundant. I can download my notes, and can reach them offline as well Its feature of taking photo of books or notebooks and saving them as searchable format is life-saving

Cons

You cannot create nested hierarchies of notebooks. You can only create notebooks and note stacks. But the option of creating sub notes would be useful It doesn't have multilevel listing feature as Microsoft Word has... like 1, 1.1, 1.a ,1.2.1... and so on I want to be able to make check spelling in different languages for different notes, but Evernote is not powerful in this regard. I would like to use web-clipper in Yandex browser too

Ross from Igniter Media

Essential Tool for Note Organization

Evernote is one of my 3 essential tracking apps, next to Email and Basecamp. Email tracks communication threads, Evernote tracks my notes, and Basecamp tracks my tasks. It's hard to imagine living without any of these three foundational tools.

Pros

Evernote is the ultimate personal digital notebook. It's actually built as a collection of notebooks which allows you to document, well, everything you need to in a highly organized way. I've found that almost all of my thoughts start with Evernote and it serves as a great foundational app for lists, ideas, and concepts that you need to jot down and reference later. The cloud-based approach means your notes instantly live everywhere across all of your devices which is essential, especially because 80% of my use within Evernote is short, quick interactions and I never know on which device I'll need to access something. I don't have time to wait for it to load or to go through a bunch of UI to decide where to put my note.; luckily - Evernote does a good job of keeping the notebook selection process fairly simple so you can make your note and move on with life. I've also found Evernote's search feature to be very strong compared to other applications. I've grown to rely on the search more heavily as my notebook collection has grown.

Cons

Sometimes note creation is a tad clunky, mainly related to the "Name" of a note. I'll start typing out my note very quickly and then realize that i'm actually in the Name field which is disorienting and leaves my having to cut/paste the Name section into the description. I typically don't know what I want to name a note until I've finished writing it. This problem exists in both the mobile app and desktop versions.

Javier from City of Holtville

More than just a note taking an it's so much more

Pros

Overall I started using this application for my notes while attending school and I learned more of the in's and outs and the power of taking notes with this app. This app is great if you are in need of having to take notes on the go and having them organized at the same time which the app does for you. If you answer yes to the following questions you will benefit from this application: Do you often have trouble finding something to write with or paper to write notes but you only carry your phone at all times? Do you often talk to your self and come up with good ideas but not enough time to write them down? Do you take pictures and save them in your phone as notes but have trouble sorting through embarrassing photos? Do you have a scanner app on your phone to scan documents just to be able to e-mail that as an attachment? Have trouble keeping your thoughts and notes organized? If you answer yes to one or all those questions basically this app does this for you on the go all in one app. You can take regular notes like a traditional pen on paper on your screen with the widget. You can make a voice note from the widget as well without having to open the app fully. If you think it's a waste of time trying to scan a paper on a physical scanner and then transfer that to your computer and send that important e-mail because you are always on the go or out of the office? No problem this app does that for you.

Cons

I have been using the app for more than 2 years and I have to admit that even though it's a great app it does have a few flaws but they are just minor in comparison to all the good things it gets right. You can only have 3 devices per account unless you pay for the premium version. I personally think that the premium version offers a lot of more versatility to the app but I don't pay for this service and keep using the free version. I normally carry this app on my phone, tablet, and have it on my computer so I can sync all my notes together. I understand that this might not be too much of a con but I don't need much of the premium features that come with that premium fee. You might keep getting ads to upgrade every once in a while if you are a free member. Another drawback that I have is that sometimes the app will randomly crash while typing my notes and even though it does save this before exiting the app making sure that I don't lose any of my work. I do find that this does get me a bit frustrated and sometimes I have to be restarting my device or just the app itself losing some of my valuable time. I value my time and when you are either a college student or a business sometimes you cannot afford to lose that important test notes for your midterm or client information.

Tatiana from ConsumerQuest

Industry: Market Research

I just call it My Digital Memory

We use it for both saving and keeping updated important information for our (small) company: credentials for commonly used services, settings, guides for the software used, templates of how-tos for different situations. Basically, everything that could have been kept in disparate folders and notes flying around. Another application - when conducting secondary market research, creating compendiums of various articles on different topics: the article's text is saved "forever" together with the active URL. All that's needed it's just to organize it by tagging and/or assigning to specific folders/notebooks. As a bottom line, using Evernote has significantly decreased the amount of lonely (yet important) paper notes flying around and made it super easy to find basically anything that needed to be recorded.

Pros

This is by far the best and the most functional software to make notes of any kind, keep necessary information and synchronize it across any type and any number of platforms: I use it simultaneously on Macbook, two Windows computers and iPhone and it always synchs smoothly. Unlike many other alternatives, there is a great system of nested notebooks which makes it super easy to group and arrange the information. Other great options: saving PDF files inside, add notes by sending whatever to an assigned email address, tagging, search in everything, and of course, collaboration options. Other small but great add-ons are Web clipper for desktop and mobile browsers and external mobile apps.

Cons

I've been using this software since 2010 and still sometimes feel overwhelmed with a plethora of settings and tweaks. I understand how overly complex and frightening it can look to a new user, that will most likely compare it with Apple Notes or so. Over the past years, Evernote has made some positive changes in the overall design, as well as the functionality (and simplicity of creating) of tables and pictures editing. However, this is still not enough to be called easy. Additionally, there can be great problems with document formatting when copying something from Web.

Ing Siang from Ministry of Defence of Brunei

Perfect for small business in need of a flexible solution for File Management, Sharing & Collab

Pros

Love the flexibility, especially the way you can embed different files within Evernote, and render them within itself (e.g. you can view Office, Xmind, PDF and other files in your notes, either as attachment or as inline render (which is very useful). There's also some nice features like password-protected redaction of words/information in a note, classic note links (useful for cross-linking of notes) etc. And all these wrapped within the most important thing about Evernote - its platform agnostic nature, and very robust search engine (OCR enabled).

Cons

It is hard to use - the use case is not obvious and many users and companies failed to harness its power because Evernote doesn't have a very natural way of using it "correctly". There's just too many ways to use it. And it is really difficult to keep Evernote "organised" - for personal Evernote, you can say that's perfectly fine because you probably shouldn't have tried to organise your notes (you should treat it as a brain dump, and use search instead of trying to find things navigationally), but for business, you need to organise your stuffs and Evernote still lacks the ability to enforce certain control on that. You have to rely on your team members' ability to regulate themselves and tag notes rigorously and consistently. It also has certain limitation that's not very desirable, e.g. lack of password-protection feature of an entire note, lack of more levels when it comes to organisation of notes in notebooks (no further stacking, bundle of notebooks etc.), and you almost certainly have to use Tags instead of Notebooks to effectively organise your notes.

Janosch from INVERS GmbH

The best personal note taking App - still medicore in business use

I love Evernote for my personal Projects. I would not trade it for any other application in this segment for my personal and private Projects. In Business Projects my enthusiasm falters as the rugged edges which I am happy to tolerate in spare time projects are getting annoying fast when there is team efficency or pressure from clients. In my Opinion Evernote business has been somewhat bolted onto the most popular Note taking and management application, trying to utilize an extremely versatile and powerful core for business cases. It leaves me with a somewhat stale taste as I whish to use a business application which is not the add on to something else but an A priority project that receives maximum attention. Then again in the time I used Evernote I have been positively suprised time and again and I am sticking with this, at least for some more time.

Pros

I use Evernote personally for about when it first emerged on Iphone and Ipad. Since then it went up and down and donw and up, it was a Rollercoaster Ride. Sometimes I came close to quiting, the again I carried on with it. Everything became more severe when I started to invite Colleagues and Friends for personal and professional Projects. a great Boost always was - most knew the product and had next to zero animosities or better to put it the other way round: Even the not-so-much bunch of people were okay in colaborating via Evernote. On Top of it, it was available on their favourite Platform (no one had to switch form Android to iOS or vici versa). Everyone knew how to use the editor, things didn't look to pretty at the start but then, after a while, like a game you get the hang of after a couple of rounds, it got better and better. Tables, Images, even embeded Videos. It all got together. Also we could choose which data would be encrypted and which was okay to stay unencrypted. Thinsg synced fine and we also had an integrated chat. Basically, Evernote had covered a lot of the needs we had as a team as wel as a band of friends in private Projects. The Features you require are there and they are easy to use. Also, the team behind evernote is quick regarding upcoming Platform changes and usually Evernote is up to the newest iterration of the Operting System it runs on verry quickly.

Cons

Speaking of the features which are there...as it is often the case with growing platforms, there are some which are just not...my type of thing. Document templates might be something for some people, but not for us. Also, the Features are not homogenous on the different platforms. Thats right, if you want to do search-and-replace you better do not try to do it on a mac. Right Features like this are missing. Inviting People also can get a real pain in the arm in case they use Evernote privately without a busines account, as can the abominable dialogue for sharing notes on mac. It is absolutely clear that evernote is incredibly ambitious by supplying native clients for iOS, Android, Windows, MacOs PLUS a Webfrontend. This realy is awesome but it leads to raged edges when you are power user, save a team of such working cross Platform un complex projects.

Dan from MyOxygen Ltd

Long time user

Pros

Evernote stores important data and information that may be used later. It is a focal application for data acquisition that may be used in any business venue, especially in a business like yours where there is data gathered from many different sources and where many different work procedures need to be implemented for running the business efficiently. Neither data may be lost nor timed actions depending on the information may be missed or miss-executed. We can say that Evernote: 1. Stores information in a form of files called "Notes". The Notes can contain text, files (any kind of file), photos, hyperlinks, audio recordings, video, screen clips, business cards. There are some features specific to the way Evernote can store information contained in a web page as; 1. Full page 2. Article 3. Simplified article 4. Screenshot 5. Bookmark The web clipping functionality has not been implemented nearly as well in any competing product such as OneNote. 2. Notes are grouped in the "Notebooks" Notebooks are like the Collections of related Notes, which indeed is very intuitive. 3. Notes can be “Tagged” The Tags add finely "textured" categories - as a form of the "metadata", allowing for finer "indexing" of information and more useful aggregation of notes with the same tags/categories. For example; in a "Project" notebook, we can have tags such as: 1. Collecting data, 2. Preparing data, 3. Analysing data, 4. Presenting a proposal, 5. Project implementation 6. etc… In this way, the "Kanban" project management applications, such as Trello, can effectively use the Evernote notes as "cards" on Kanban dashboard lists. There is also a product called "Kanbanote" which can visually display tagged Evernote notes in a Kanban dashboard sequence of subsequently executed lists of actionable cards. In that way, a Note becomes an actionable "Kanban Card". 4. Notes can have "reminders" added. The reminders allow for the Calendaring and time tracking of activities related to the information contained in Notes and Notebooks. Evernote can effectively be used as a Task management application saving time and money and simplifying employee training. 5. Information can be shared Every Note and Notebook can be shared as a "dynamic" Note so that the people you share the Note with can review your content and add changes - or the Note can be shared in the "Static" form as a message containing the information of the shared Note. The message can be sent as an e-mail or as any other kind of message. 6. Information can be searched for, located and retrieved One of the real strengths of Evernote has been the capability to perform a full-text search, searching not only within the Note title or contents but also within the attached documents, where I would definitely point out the PDF text search that can be performed over the internet on the Evernote servers. 8. Scanning, OCR and data patterns recognition Evernote Premium subscription, that I definitely recommend, also has the neat option of scanning documents and business cards of your clients and customers, performing optical character recognition on the Evernote servers, connecting with your contacts management application, such as Google contacts or similar - and proposing a way to store the OCR-ed information in your Contacts with quite accurate matching of the information for the card to the fields of your contact management application.

Cons

e main deficiency with Evernote is you cannot create notes and share them without sending them via email, twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or with a general link. It would be great to allow one person access to certain notes through the website, similar to Google Drive. I don’t believe this functionality is available though. Maybe this is part of their business features, we have not evaluated this portion of Evernote at this time. Another deficiency with this program is the size of storage available for free. Evernote offers 60 megabytes of space with their free level of the program.

Paola from WeddingDayStory

Industry: Photography

Productivity, content curation, and collaboration in one tool

I use Evernote to optimize my productivity. It takes care of all the reminders for me. I curate and share my inspiration boards, and allows me to easily turn them into new content that I can share with the people that will eventually polish it and give it final shape before it can go online. I import Typeform questionnaire answers to Evernote for this same goal, and I have set up a number of Gmail filters that let me know when to pitch my posts for guest posting or to get valuable links for my domain.

Pros

Many things I like about Evernote, but I would say that my favorite is the fact that I can use it as the "hub" that contains (and sometimes triggers) most of my daily tasks. I would love to be able to review Evernote together with Zapier, as I am currently making the most out of the capabilities that both tools offer when they are combined. Evernote by itself is an extremely helpful productivity tool, and I love the fact that I don't always need to be online to update or create notes. I mostly use it to jot down ideas for new posts or articles as they come to me, and I also keep a couple of notebooks for content curation. I can add stuff from the real world as easily as I can clip websites or anything that I see on the go. To keep up with my content creation calendar, I connect Evernote with Gmail, Typeform, and Calendly. Although there are more Zaps available, these are the ones I use the most often to keep track of my contacts, review questionnaire answers that I then turn into blog posts, and keep track of appointments and phone calls. I easily share my notes and

Cons

Evernote doesn't have many flaws as I see it, but I did find a few times that some of the capabilities in other collaboration tools such as Google Drive would be handy for Evernote. I wish there was a way to keep track of my actions (such as what Basecamp does with the "everything" section). I also would love to be able to share something with a co-worker in "view only" mode (this can be done in Google Drive). As far as I've been using the tool, it does not have either of these options. Also, the way that every document or PDF has to be uploaded to a page is sometimes not ideal, as I would also like to have the option to just upload something to my notebook or to Evernote itself for safekeeping or to be able to reference it within a note.

Aanchal from PlexusMD

A consolidated repository for everything important

The tool is extremely feature rich. There are utilities that I am yet to explore but the fact that Evernote is loaded with features makes it a perfect tool for both professional and personal uses.

Pros

From the name itself, one might feel that Evernote is literally a note-making software (which it is) but its utility is beyond "just making notes". It is one of those reminder boxes, note-making books and a repository all at once where you can "dump" all of your important things - Be it notes, links, photos, articles, audios, important files and just about everything. What I really like is the fact that you can sift through the type of content you save in Evernote. This makes it easy for me to go back to the stuff I have saved. 1) After having used other note-making software where their prime and perhaps only USP was the ease with which they let me make notes, Evernote definitely goes many steps ahead - It understands that "notes" for a professional or for a human can be beyond just text. Notes, figuratively, really are anything that is important to us. Hence, Evernote fulfills these needs by providing options like enabling audio recording and saving them as notes. 2) I like the fact that I can make separate notebooks for similar themed notes. It eases my job while searching from archived notebooks. To be able to assign tags to each notebook further makes the job easier. 3) Web Clipper is one of the most useful features especially when I am shopping online. I can just save a particular item through the web clipper option to be seen as a "wishlist" item in Evernote. It is especially constructive when I am shopping from multiple sites/apps and want to create a central wishlist repository for all the picks I like. It is equally useful for other purposes like - saving/bookmarking articles, newspieces or anything I find online that is worth keeping or remembering. 4) You can set reminders to yourself. This is another feature that makes Evernote a truly holistic software and in fact, much like a Saas. 5) Similarly, apart from creating your go-to repository for everything important, you can chat with others as well.

Cons

Evernote runs on Basic (which is free) model and a Premium model. The free version inevitably comes with its limitations like - Monthly upload limit is extremely less especially considering the fact that, it has so many features to save your data. Where it provides so many features, it sets itself back with the space limitation which is minimal. The paid version (Premium), however is pretty cheap, but feasible only if you really are a heavy note-making user.

Lindsay from The Inner You Counseling Center

Top of the line

Ability to retrieve older documents with ease. I can also, whether mid-conversation or during a meeting or presentation, quickly retrieve information that I've forgotten or to elaborate on someone else's ideas.

Pros

I've used this software since 2013. This is one program that I CANNOT live without. I store EVERYTHING in Evernote. I probably don't even use 1/2 of of the functions available with this software, but I'm still determined to master it though! Pro number one for me is the convenience! I use the browser version and the app, when on my Mac, and the app on my phone, too. The capture tool on my Mac makes storing emails, screenshots, receipts, pictures, audio clips and all other document formats super easy to save for later. Evernote is also able to easily collaborate with all the other storage software(Dropbox, Drive, Box, OneDrive, Acrobat, etc.) and the syncing is better than any other software I've used to date. I can literally save something in EN on my Mac and my phone instantly buzzes with the notification of the change. The search function is also amazeballs. Because EN uses OCR technology to "read" the text in files, if I searched for "sandwich" (I'm hungry), I would get a list of every file in EN that has the word "sandwich" anywhere in the file. Worrying about naming your files so that you can find them later are OVER! Some examples of the many mediums that I store in EN are: cards that are given to me for special occasions, pictures, tags off of purchases I make, user manuals for all the devices in the house, coupons, audio clips (usually made while driving), and recipes. Basically, for me, it's a one-stop shop to store the verbal, written or digital tidbits of life

Cons

Now, the "downside". Using this program since 2013 should tell you, that any downsides EN does have, are vastly overshadowed by it's shine. Shifting your lifelong organizational habits from a file/ folder based system to En's "note/ notebook" system overwhelms some people, I'm sure. I struggled with this, myself! Don't let it, though! If you remember, I already applauded the awesome search capabilities of EN. When I use search, and don't dig, or go "searching" manually through my folders, my task management becomes much more efficient. Organizing EN is definitely a "Con" for me, though. I really haven't done it. I store and search. EN would definitely become even more efficient for me, if I spent some time cleaning it up. Another thorn for me, is getting the info. OUT of EN, if I'm not sharing it to another integrated application(like dropbox). EN makes it's own document extension. When you download, or try to email something with your default email client (EN has it's own email client that looks like chat, visually), the item you are sending has a .enex extension (ex. "doc.enex") NO programs can open this file extension. So, converting these EN , .enex files, to Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe portable document format (.pdf) wastes time and inconveniences the user. Lastly, there is the cost. EN is one of the more expensive options for information storage, but there is a free version available. You only need to subscribe when increased storage space is needed.

Julio César from Universidad Regional Autónoma de los Andes - CTT de los Andes

Evernote business is the ultimate desktop organizer. With a virtually limitless software support.

Tons of excellent planning and arranging features at the palm of your hand. No matter the field you are in, organizing your life by means of this software is going to be an indispensable habit you are going to develop with this time-saving, modern app.

Pros

With the current immensely growing and competitive market of desk organizers, Evernote business can really stand out. Mainly because of its simple and intuitive design, robust cloud storage and several other features like its technically universal software support, this app can make your organizational life a whole lot easier. With just a couple of days using this app, Business and education users are going to find it extremely uncomplicated to make use of the tons of pretty neat features this apps has and continues to add up to this date. Evernote promises and delivers hundreds of options for making your professional duties very easy to plan and follow up. Either for arranging important meetings, setting up future events or even making reminders or useful notes on the run. As an educator, I have found this last feature a more than useful one, since I'm always preparing language teaching materials and presentations, Evernote gives me the chance to record, scribble or handwrite pretty much about anything that comes to my mind, and I always going to have the pleasant and fulfilling feeling that the info is always going to be there, at the pal of my hand. In this continuously busy world we are living in nowadays, evernote is definitely an essential tool for the XXI century professional.

Cons

One negative aspect from this software could be how pricey it really is to get the monthly fee pay version.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Note taking does not get better than this

Evernote is a great note taking tool. Despite all the other available apps at my disposal (from Microsoft's OneNote, to Tasks and ToDo's in Outlook, as well as built-in desktop note taking and more) I still think Evernote takes the lead regarding note taking.

Pros

Any way you slice it, Evernote is all about effective, efficient note management. More than a basic note tool, Evernote lets you capture notes on anything and everything you need to manage. Evernote offers 3 levels: basic, plus and premium. Most small businesses can get away with the basic. I do and it works for me. The plus and premium offers increase upload limits, note sizes, and other features that benefits power users. The price range is truly affordable. And if you are big on note taking, Evernote is it! You can even categorize your notes in notebooks (their version of a folder). And even start chats for collaboration purposes. What is making Evernote better, is its continuous efforts to improve their products. Like their beta feature to connect meeting notes with Google Calendar. Evernote offers offline access in their plus and premium subscriptions. And Webclipper takes bookmarks to a whole new level.

Cons

Cannot say there is anything I dislike. But, some have mentioned that it does not have a fancy user interface (UI). But it is really more about functionality, which I am all about that. If you really are a power user when it comes to note taking, you really need to start with the higher levels. The basic may not give you all you need. But, start with that for free and see what you can do with it.

Haja from GingerTea Tech

Excellent Note Taking Platform - Organize All Your Ideas and Projects

Evernote is an excellent, well-designed, comprehensive note organizing platform which allows profound ease of accessibility of your information wherever you are. These features make it extremely useful for business or personal use.

Pros

This idea-magnet helps you to quickly capture information, from the web, or your own generated notes, and easily organize and save this information. It is user friendly - there is no select all, copy-paste, drag and drop or formatting while trying to capture information. Instead, Evernote has a beautifully designed mobile application and browser extensions which make collecting many types of info (images, handwritten or typed notes, web pages, audio,etc) incredibly easy. With a button click, your info is stored securely and organized. Most importantly, your organized info is available across platforms. There are many nice well-thought out features to the software, including a great Android feature that lets you drag down your notification bar to quickly create a note.You can both capture web pages and control the extent which the info is saved (i.e. trimmed articles without ads, full web pages, headings, summary or links), and the notebook it is saved to. The original source link is retained as well. The sync across devices is fast and works very well on Android Mobile, Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox). There is also a desktop version as well for Mac Os and PC Download. Under the premium version, there is even the option for offline accessibility of your notes (I have not personally used this feature). The free version is very good and the cost for premium versions which include unlimited sync and other features (searching images, receipts, email) is reasonable, depending on how much info you plan to store. You can further secure access to your info with fingerprint or password protection, and you can share info with a team. Very importantly, Evernote also plays well with other tech solutions, such as Google Drive, Airtable and LinkedIn.

Cons

Trying to share info from Evernote with other people who do not have Evernote is not as simple as you would think. The storage capacity for the free version could be a little larger.

December 2015

Marcus

December 2015

Good for almost everything

If you are a visual person or if you have the kind of attention issues common in ADHD and common also to many other right brained folks, you will often find the internet to be a very challenging thing we never had to worry about in the past. It is candy to someone like that because there are a million paths to take--- for free ---that lead to different doors and a person like me can get lost pretty easily without knowing it. I always feel like there is something I'm missing and I don't want to forget and regret it later. In that sense, Evernote has freed me to move about the internet more easily by allowing me to trick my mind into saving everything that seems important so that I can tell myself to keep moving forward instead of getting distracted. The Evernote web clipper is the best feature by far in that it quickly and properly clips most things without much more to think about and without concern that something didn't work properly. I've saved more than 9000 items in my Evernote to date. As a premium member I have never even come close to running short on my given space for the month. So it's come in handy for a person who organizes differently than most - it has become a brain dump for everything and anything I need it to be. And that relieves my mind from worrying about where I put something. That's all great. Where it still needs improvement is the usefulness after things are saved. For every 1000 things I save, I probably go back and even see about 50 of them in truth. I wind up just going back out to the internet to find them all over again - That may be just my mistake, or it may be because I feel that the notes aren't complete unless I know they are up to date and unless I can more easily visualize what I need. All of the other things tend to get lost in the notebook system that can be so simple it's actually confusing. By allowing us to sort things by various tag words or notebooks, they take the entire thing and make it more suitable for the left brained logical type of person. These are folks who can see order in words and numbers where I tend to see letters as little black bits of ink on a screen. I am much more easily able to organize things visually to determine proper workflow for me and there just isn't much of a way that I have yet found to do that. You can merge notes together, but it's a process unless you simply want to merge them, not edit them. You can't organize visually in a way that, for instance, shows you only the photos in your folders - so you can structure them in a way you understand. You can't change the order of each note so that you can manually put things where you want them and that's probably my biggest complaint. I realize there are workarounds - but it's not seamless and it doesn't allow for free flow of the thoughts. Much of what I save are simply photos , but not all - and I would love to have some more flexibility to create notes in a fashion like Curio - where anything goes and it can be as visual or as simple as you need it. Unfortunately, they don't have a web clipper although you can import your Evernote notes into a great app like Curio, it still doesn't feel the same because the visual portion of the notes is not easy to see. However, there are a ton of add-ons and for what I use it for it's great. There is something new added every day so I hope it's just a matter of time or perhaps I've missed something that will help me with this. On it's own, it's almost perfect, but it just hasn't fulfilled the hope that sooner or later someone is going to come up with an app that fulfills all needs in one. I have often copied notes into three or four apps to make sure I don't lose anything as I piece together the job in a way I can see. That wastes a lot of time and space. One day, I will either find an app that helps me make sense of what's already there or helps me take what I have and make sense of it by reordering it. Either way, it's still the best thing I have found to use every day for all data collection with the exception of video.

Pros

great search engine. never lost anything that I couldn't again find. fast, easy on system mobile apps are solid and have pen functions now somewhat customizable handles images very well - full size annotation feature great

Cons

No visual shortcut options to sort through notes and tag them visually quickly. Words don't cut it when sorting quickly and grouping. No ability to change color of backgrounds in the app so they differentiate from each other while still maintaining an order No drag and drop image function Organization is simple enough for some, but I need some real world examples start to finish to implement things for myself. I would love to see some full use cases shown that are common enough that I could cut and paste for myself. Some internal templates could help.

Evernote - the most complete note-taking application

To sum up, Evernote has in my view a very good feature set - I've not had a single moment in which I missed something. The applications, the web platform, the synchronization and the collaboration works perfectly in most cases. Sometimes, there are small bugs - but none of them is deal-breaking or especially annoying.

Pros

Evernote offers for me the best overall package of a note-taking application. I've already tried lots of different programs, but Evernote stood out in a positive matter. Most importantly, Evernote offers the ability to sync all your notes across all your devices, including a very good Android app, a performant and professional Windows version and a Web platform. These notes can contain everything including pictures, formatting, sound, pdf and other files, which makes it very comfortable to have everything in one place. For example, travel notes can include text, the flight & hotel documents, pictures of the addresses and they can be shared easily, which is a very important feature in my opinion. Additionally, the notes can be classified in notebooks which makes it easy to sort them in categories. Further, Evernote offers features which makes it more simple to include it in your daily workflow: you're able to easily add notes by forwarding E-Mail to Evernote, it'is possible to capture photos of documents and adding handwritten notes is a possibility for an improved note-taking experience.

Cons

All in all, I haven't found any dealbreaking disadvantages. In some cases, especially the App contains small bugs. For instance, the handwriting tool has not that many outstanding features and sometimes has a delay, the syncing is not always perfect and the Google Drive file linking sometimes just does not work in my situation. But like I've already mentioned, none of these has made me think about quitting Evernote.

Ben from Top Floor Technologies

My productivity sidekick!

Evernote has been with me since it was a Windows application that simply offered a never-ending stream of notes. No cloud service, and many of the features people have come to rely on today were nowhere to be found. But it was still me favorite note taking app. Ever since then, Evernote has continued to progress. It's now an entirely different product that has almost no resemblance to the thing I bought originally, but in doing so it's cemented its place for me as the best note taking app in existence.

Pros

Once something goes into Evernote, it's there forever (unless you delete it). You have unlimited space, with the only limit being the amount you can upload each month (and it's generous). I was able to completely digitize every document and photo in my home within one month's limit and I wasn't even close to going over. Evernote offers great apps for all platforms (except Linux), and also has a very nice web app. You can do everything you might want from any Evernote interface available to you.

Cons

The applications are sometimes very different from each other. The desktop application has a totally different experience than the web application. The mobile experience is somewhere in between, but that's to be expected. If I forget to properly rename scanned documents, sometimes they sort of fall into a black hole where they're in Evernote but nearly impossible to find via searching, and looking manually for them would take a long time.

Kashish from SquadRun, Inc

The best platform to seamlessly collaborate and store your notes.

Innumerable benefits! Definitely the single-most used platform on daily basis for me. I have referred and onboarded multiple colleagues and friends onto Evernote. It's scalable, I obsessively keep on noting down everything on Evernote, to the point that I have stopped using MS Word and basic 'Notes' operations offered in MacOS. The biggest value that I have been deriving is the ability to capture photos of books I read and store them on cloud. The captured photo allows it to preserve that shot like a scanned image. This has truly allowed me to capture important pieces from books I regularly read.

Pros

1. It's superbly easy to organize your notebooks, have everything visually cataloged 2. Tagging notes with keywords really powers great search experience 3. Scanning pages etc is great, really captures great notebook shots 4. Instant public sharing from a single click 5. The fact that I can easily collaborate with people without any friction. Moreover it's fairly simple to grant people access to specific notes. 6. Access the account across multiple platforms, I have all of my devices synced and absolutely love it. 7. It just seems like the most scalable platform for notes taking. I literally don't use any other platform other than Evernote.

Cons

While Evernote basically covers all of my immediate requirements, the only thing which I feel that Evernote can solve or better optimize themselves for would be the "Check-list feature". This would really allow me to better manage my 'To-dos', essentially making Evernote a one-stop solution for all of my personal notes and to-do requirements.

Roberto Antonio from Marketing - Brasil Crachás

The best digital notebook that exists

Being able to integrate Evernote into our work team was a bit complicated. It took us a couple of weeks to take advantage of it to improve our productivity, but it was completely worth it. The results were excellent. It's really great for capturing all the ideas you have in a conversation, without having to worry about anything.

Pros

Synchronizing the notes of an entire team in the cloud is the best way to increase productivity and improve communication. Evernote is the application I know that perfectly fulfills the idea of a group notebook, each member of the team can access all the notes and modify them as needed. It's very easy and quick to create new notes with various types of files, which makes them very powerful notes: audios, photos, fragments of web pages and a text editor that allows you to customize everything written. You can even take notes by hand with a pencil suitable for the device. The iOS, Android, Windows and browser applications are great at performance. They don't consume a lot of resources and sync perfectly.

Cons

It's hard to start using Evernote. It has many powerful features and learning them all is overwhelming at first. Technical support takes several days to answer questions about Evernote's operation, which is a bit frustrating. But when they do, they offer good service, so it's not all bad. When two people are editing the same note it can be a bit confusing, as there is no kind of distinction between one user and another when they are active at the same time.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

Cloud note taking has never been easier.

This software is great for those who want to have their notes easily accessible and in the cloud. However, as it’s primarily used as a mobile app. There is the free option available, but with the monthly upload cap, things can get frustrating quickly, especially if you are uploading a lot of voice notes. If you can afford the cost for Premium, go for it. It’s definitely worth it, especially if you’re using an iOS device. Yes, you could use your phone’s built-in note app, but the cloud storage and OCR are worth spending the money.

Pros

As far as note-taking goes, Evernote is one of the better options available, especially on mobile. It stores your notes in the cloud, making it easy to access on both computer and mobile device. It’s also available on both iOS and Android, so if you need to switch from one operating system to the other, you can bring your notes with you, unlike with something like Samsung notes, which is only available on Samsung devices. The best feature is the Optical Character Recognition. I love the ability to search for words that can either be in notes or in images.

Cons

The bandwidth restriction is not too bad if you plan to go with their Premium option. However, there is still a monthly upload cap which could get filled rather easily if you create a lot of notes, audio notes, and images. The maximum note size is 200MB which isn’t often reached but is on occasion. It is also detrimental in that you cannot add a video note. I hope this will be rectified in a future update. It would also be handy to have the software “read” what you’ve handwritten and turn it into text.

SHERRI from RevSherri.com

I. Love. Evernote.

Yes, I know there are other programs out there. But, I got introduced to Evernote after hearing everyone I follow online talk about it. So, I signed up. And, I've been in love ever since. I use it daily to track just about everything. I rarely open up MS Word anymore. I typically compose in Evernote and move it over to MS Word if I need to print it for professional consumption. Otherwise, Evernote is my bestest friend! I used the free version for a while and then signed up for the paid version because it allows you to annotate PDFs. That function didn't work the way that I thought it would. But, I was still satisfied with Evernote so I didn't cancel my subscription.

Pros

I can check Evernote on every device I own, including my laptop, iPad and Samsung Note. The notes update within seconds of being created. Now that I have the paid version, I can upload everything. I've been slowly moving docs from my computer's hard drive to Evernote. It's been much easier to use/access material than iCloud.

Cons

The reason I upgraded was because I wanted to be able to annotate PDFs. But that function didn't work the way I intended. Instead of printing with the annotations on the document itself, it prints the annotations as a separate document from the PDF - which was useless for my purposes.

Terry from Terry Livesey Photography

Industry: Photography

The best way I've stayed organised

It frees up my mind to concentrate on my business.

Pros

Organisation is not just about planning your diary but also planning your thoughts. With Evernote I have been able to capture all my ideas and thoughts and have them put into dedicated folders within Evernote, this frees up my day to day thoughts by not having to remember everything or get worked up about planning things. I can then put time aside every week to go through the notes and see what needs actioning or planning. It's also great for just remembering things and I have loads of folders in sections for when I get a PDF or need to photograph information that I might want to look back on at a later date. You can also assign keywords/tags to the documents and it will also make pdf's searchable. This also applies to websites and with the browser plug-in, makes it really easy to capture information as either article/sample or pdf for future reference. I tend to go networking a lot and being able to capture someone's business card and have it put into your contact and connect with them on LinkedIn all in one go is actually very useful.

Cons

Occasionally there are a few bugs and it takes a little bit of effort to get it sorted but at least their customer support actually work and helps.

Leslie from Meadow Heights Church

Best tool for going paperless

Converted my work and personal life to a paper-free system easily and quickly.

Pros

Evernote is simple, intuitive, and feature-rich. I wanted to transition both my work and personal life to a paper-free system, and I did a ton of research to design a system and workflow for doing this that would be easy to keep up with and scalable. Evernote was the clear winner as my digital 'filing cabinet' - with its impressive OCR capabilities, easy clipping and tagging features, integration with other software, and great mobile app. I was STUNNED at how quickly I was able to convert a year's worth of paper files into this digital system, and it's already saved me a ton of time when I need to reference an old document where I previously would have to search through paper files but now can perform a quick search and send it where it needs to go no matter where I am. My team also uses Evernote nearly exclusively for things like collaborative lists, meeting agendas, etc.

Cons

The only things I have ever found to complain about with Evernote have been minor annoyances - not being able to capitalize tags the way I wanted when creating a new one in-note, or how a certain version rearranged a button or two - nothing that would warrant even considering docking a star from my review.

Effective Note taking

Evernote is best specially when I have noted down something and I need to revisit it at a later point in time.I am able to quickly search and access the necessary information which is awesome. This is specifically useful when we are dealing with production support issues since we tend to get similar issues periodically. Although we have documentation around it, I find it easier and faster to document and access the info using evernote.

Pros

Evernote is a handy easy to use note taking tool. It allows organizing notes into notebooks. The notes can be tagged so they can be searched by tags. Very useful when grouping things by topic. The searching ability is incredible. I am very impressed with the high precision with which the results are matched for things that are searched. At times I have used the recording feature to actually audio record important meetings so I can playback the audio and make important notes from it. Since the login is linked to my gmail, it takes backup of my notes periodically which is very awesome. I like the flexibility it provides when accessing it via web or via the mac software. Definitely recommend this to everyone.

Cons

It could use a better formatting option for a table. I personally find it a bit difficult when I need to add additional rows/columns to them. Besides this, I don't have any other complains.

The order of your life ... and your work

Pros

Evernote is one of those applications that since its inception has evolved in its functionality and has created new tools to facilitate the user a better organization of life, projects, events, and even mental order, which make it easier for the person to manage any type of situation. Now, with Evernote Business, the application is based on a single objective: to improve everything that corresponds to your work, allows you to interact with your work teammates, and also has an incredible platform for the organization of your company or project. And the application itself is quite simple to use, so that anyone can make use of it, and is almost indispensable for any entrepreneur of the modern era. Enough of agendas, papers, or separate files to better manage your employment. With this new model of Evernote you will find a digital platform where you will have all those possibilities in a single application. Even the use of the technological age, and this application, means that you can ignore the physical presence on a project, so you can be in contact with other members of work, even if it is on the other side of the world. You will never lose the ability to continue creating content with several members, or individually if you want. All notes, files, and so on are insured in Evernote.

Cons

How difficult it is to speak badly of application. Perhaps it is true that its platform is not as advanced as other applications, but its simplicity is what makes it worthy of being a great app. Possibly lacks more options according to the times, however, there is no doubt that for the function for which it was made, meets "The basics" when organizing a project, work, etc.

Carlos from Centro de Salud Santa Ines UCAB

Take your notes and organize them with Evernote

Evernote is one of the technological inventions that provides more options for the organization of companies and the improvement of the capabilities of workers. Just by logging in, you have the best digital notebook on the market. In our office we feel comfortable with this software because we take advantage of the facilities offered by our smartphones and use Evernote from them, achieving a successful experience to record notes in our meetings and share the information collected instantly. A software that I recommend to everyone.

Pros

Evernote is by far the most comprehensive note-taking software out there. The importance that Evernote has for our company is that, thanks to this software, we have organized all our notes taken from work meetings, meetings with our customers and instructions coming from our direction. Another important factor to highlight is that you can store in Evernote PDF documents, images in JPG, or PNG, Word documents, Excel, Powerpoint and many more formats, combining efficiently the notes you are taking of your meetings with documents and images. These options mentioned above can be adjusted with your colleagues by linking them to your Evernote account and thus modify the notes or attach documents and ask you to manage all this from your tablet, android, or IOS, leaving aside the physical notebooks and papers that sometimes get lost or broken.

Cons

I've been using this software for more than 4 years, and the only negative aspect I can mention is that sometimes when you synchronize a document with your Evernote agenda the format of the document is lost, and you have to modify it until you have the original document.

Nathan from Automatiza.me

Evernote is a tool that you just can't live without.

Everything. I wish I had it when I went to school, I would have taken all my notes there!!! Having your life there and synched on any device is awesome!

Pros

Evernote Business allows you to do everything you do in Evernote plus allows you to do the same things but business related and sharing it with your team or customers. I have used evernote since I tried it several years back, I have to say that it is the first tool I install on every single computer or device I use. My life is in it, simply put. Being able to take it a step further and take the notebooks and notes and share them with your team and customers in invaluable. Evernote allows you to save prety much everything you need (pictures, videos, notes, etc.) on the notes, and those can be arranged into notebooks. So the level of organization is amazing. Now if you take that and put it into business settings you can have a notebook for each customer (imagine you are an architect or a home decorator for example) you can have everything you need on the project and have each of the steps on a different note and each note can have pictures and anotations for every single aspect... shared with the providers of the service and some things with yout customer.

Bethany from Beachside Vacation Rentals

Versatile and useful on the go or at home

Pros

I primarily use Evernote to keep track of thoughts and ideas I have. Evernote has a basic Notebook Stack -> Notebook -> Note structure that mimics how you would actually organize books or notebooks, which makes it intuitive, especially for a writer like me. I use Evernote to keep track of story ideas and inspiration (mostly on my phone) and go back and visit those notes later when I'm looking for an idea. It's much easier than having them on paper or in word docs. I also like the functionality of sharing notes through Evernote. I use this to share to-do lists or shopping lists. I know plenty of other apps could accomplish this, but I am comfortable with Evernote and find it easy to update and share. I know that Evernote has far more features than I am putting to use. I know you can attach files and photos in Evernote, and keep track of locations and things. I have really only scratched the surface.

Cons

If you use the free version of Evernote then your options are a bit more limited (for example I think you can only sign in on two devices). This is a little bit of a bummer. However, if you need to access Evernote everywhere, then maybe it would be worth paying for you. Overall I still appreciate the value of Evernote. I also sometimes feel a little lost in all my notes and notebooks, even though I was the one who set them up. The user interface of both the mobile and desktop versions could use a little bit of work in my opinion. Compared to the ease of navigation in, say, a program like Basecamp, Evernote isn't quite there. Still, I enjoy it.

The best note taking software ever!

I love it. You need it. Install this software on your desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, and your kids' tablet. You're going to love the ability to take down notes and thoughts no matter where you are, and have them forever. As the name implies.

Pros

There is so much to like about Evernote. Let me put it in list form. 1. NEVER LOSE ANOTHER NOTE - it just keeps notes... forever. So simple, so powerful! 2. Searches handwritten notes. - I don't even know how it does this. but take a picture or scan of your handwritten notes, and they are now stored forever, and searchable. 3. easy to sort, and file. 4. Pull in pictures, scans, PDF's whatever you need. 5. Cloud based. Forget your phone at home? no problem, use your laptop to see all your notes. Forget your laptop too? That's not a good start to the day... but just login online from any computer, and there are your notes. It's awesome!

Cons

I'm not sure there are any cons. Ok, if I have to choose a con, it would be that you start using the free version and you love it, so you use it for everything, and then you run out of space and start paying for it. But, come on... that's an unreasonable con! They let you use it for free for as long as you want until you're ready to pay for it, which you will be.

Alvaro from Maynilad

Feature-packed Notes App +

Pros

Super feature-packed app. Evernote has matured a lot from just a simple personal notebook app to an enterprise level software for office/team/project use. Scanning (backing up) documents is super easy (e.g., contract, proposals, etc.). The app not only zooms into the document easily, it also does OCR and converts it with formatting that is easy to the eyes, and saved right into a notebook. Business uses Teams for easy office and project collaboration. It's easy to share notes/notebooks and to edit the same items collaboratively. Projects also takes advantage of task management and setting of reminders to individuals. Lastly, I love the Templates! There are a lot of professionally made (and free) templates created by Evernote. And, we can also make our own company standard templates for everyone to use and follow (by policy).

Cons

Just a little formatting concern for me when using a (small screen) smartphone... the bullets/numbering moves the cursor far right, taking much screen real estate. Also, I would really like it if the green top bar would disappear when the note is scrolled down. That would really take full use of the entire screen (similar to how Google docs works).

Rosa from INTEL

Evernote Business Review

It is really great being able to easily take notes in a hurry and share them with all of the project collaborators. It has helped us to have a more efficient working flow and to grow our ideas in a more organic way. It also has been very useful to have articles saved for research and documentation purposes. It is a great tool for researchers.

Pros

Evernote is a nice tool for teams that have a constant need to brainstorm and do research. This software helps you transform your ideas into project presentations and full-researched documents that hopefully you are ready to pitch to a client. It is a tool designed to help you with the transition from the early stages of your project, like brainstorming, all the way through research and to the final full form of a presentable document. It has nice features to help you with this such as notebooks and notes, allows to share your documents and files with your team and set up reminders. It also allows you to save information from webpages and media so you can review it later or share it with your collaborators. It is not complicated to understand how to use it, has a smooth UI/UX and a cool design.

Cons

It is a tool more focused on developing notes and creating new documents rather than managing finalized ones. Features are limited depending on the package. The price is a little bit high but you can get value for money if you make the most out of this app.

Abbas from Masterkey

It remembers EVERYTHING! Enough said..

Pros

I do not leave home without my Evernote (literally) as i use it on several of my devices and it synchronizes so well between them. It does such a good job of archiving my personal notes and scribbles, work and meeting notes, travel plans, everything i throw at it. Also love the ability to turn any note into a presentation with one-click. Very impressive when sitting with a client! Not being the most organized person with notebooks and tags, i absolutely love how well the contextual and keyword search works. I used a third-party smart pen / notebook to feed my hand-written notes into my Evernote and it surprises me every time how well it recognizes and makes my messy handwriting searchable. Even though i don't use a lot of the reminders and team collaboration functionality (90% of my Evernote usage is for me only), it's still an app that is irreplaceable for me.

Cons

- The team are not very communicative with new features and suggested best practices in my experience. - Reminders feature is a bit hard to fathom. I started to learn and then just switched back to my other task management app as it seemed like an overhead to my 'don't make me think' process.

Kirill from SEPMC

Your memory extender, with may features

Pros

Google uses a lot of discs and RAM to work as a large brain. You can have your own, really customized brain extender with Evernote. Just e-mail or copy all bits and pieces you might need to remember later. Or just copy all your banking records, all calling and SMS records there. In a few months you will feel that having the extension of your brain is very helpful. "Where I was year and a half ago after visiting Berlin?"... Those questions are becoming easier to answer if you keep this info for yourself. And if you are in business -- it is also worth to keep this kind of business knowledge in one place, with the system to help you find small pieces of information there. You may use Google for that, but Evernote has an important thing Goodle lacks -- it will OCR images, PDFs and made them universally searchable. Try it for yourself, and you will see how great it is to have additional memory for yourself.

Cons

When your personal memory starts to grow into many gigabytes, you may encounter problems with speed with Evernote, but unofortunately this seem to be the common problem - the more knowledge you have the more time you should spend searching.

Imelda from Transportation

Taking notes using various method and helpful tools

Pros

I use Evernote to take down important details and information on certain projects/tasks that I am working on. I can easily organize my notes and research with this application. If I want to add pictures and files that would help me with my tasks, I can categorize my notes by topic or subject. What I like about Evernote is that I can use the voice recording instead of taking notes by typing. Then attach the voice memo as an additional information on that topic too which is great! All in one place using various method of collecting information. Web Clipper is also the best. Its amazing that I can browse websites and simply use web clipper to clip pages that would help my research which is much more convenient than going back and finding the site again. Everything in one place!

Cons

For cloud storage, others might choose One Note because it's linked to work emails and Microsoft applications that are always used at work.For Microsoft users, they can find One Note available or an application being suggested.But if they would compare, Evernote has unique features that can't be found in other note taking application. And they all function well and helpful.

My go-to software for taking notes or storing ideas. I would be lost without Evernote!

It has literally become my digital brain for anything I need to reference. I use it daily, either on my computer, phone or iPad and sometimes all three! I have recommended this software to many people and have helped several get it setup.

Pros

It is flexible and complete. Flexible in that you can set it up how you want. If it's hard for you to lose all your notebooks (folders) then you can still organize using notebooks, and sub-notebooks. Yet, the power of Evernote is that you tag each note with the main subjects for accurate searching. It is complete in that it is a "one-stop shop" for all notetaking. As a preacher, I use it to quickly make a note of a sermon idea. Later, I'll develop that sermon in Evernote and use it to preach from, as well. As a singer/songwriter, I click the record button when I get some inspiration and capture not only lyrics but audio within the same note! When I get an email with some information I need to store, I simply forward to Evernote. Or, I take a picture of a cool craft idea and store it for the future. I could go on... But, my point is Evernote becomes your complete digital filing system accessible on any device, anywhere and at any time.

Joseph from Crossroads Farm

Industry: Publishing

The "original" is still one of the best!

If you need to bring a team together, looking at the same content with real-time changes visible to everyone, Evernote might be your best option...and it's a good one!

Pros

I don't remember for sure, but it seems like Evernote was one of the first pieces of software to come out that really harassed the power of multiple-device/computer syncing. In the early days, I couldn't believe how quickly data was changed on my home computer after uploading changes from my work computer. At the time, it seems like Evernote was way ahead of the game. Today, this continues to be the product that makes workplace syncing a breeze. Collaboration is the name of the game with Evernote, and the ability of the software to work with other quality products (like Slack, Google Drive and Salesforce) is another clincher. It's hard to find software that can keep everyone on the team on the same page, but Evernote does it as well as anyone. While we don't use this product like we used to, that has more to do with the changing nature of our internal business than it does with the product itself, and I can highly recommend Evernote to anyone looking to bring a team together.

Cons

The price point is competitive with similar products, but it seems like other offerings can do similar tasks as Evernote for less money. Granted, you always get what you pay for, and Evernote is still tops in so many ways. The only other "con" I experienced was that we would have liked to have had other software integration options, but that was really pretty specific to our industry (publishing).

Adam from Consult and Design

Evernote is struggling to keep up

Overall we've been quite happy with Evernote but they need to go back to the core product and make sure that they are on the cutting edge in the note taking sector.

Pros

Evernote is relatively easy to use, and has over the years had fantastic integrations with other services. It is a premium note taking product that has good cross-device synchronisation and some good business features.

Cons

Unfortunately there are other products coming out that are innovating a bit faster than Evernote who appear to have diversified so much that the core product has been left a bit lagging. Having tried a number of note taking apps lately we are seeing interesting features that make them interesting alternatives.

Keeping track of all the stuff I need to remember for years, now.

Pros

It's simple. Clean. Neat. Easy to use. All the things that a great note-taking app should be. Oh yeah, it also syncs between my devices -- so if I write something at work that I need to pull up at home, no worries! Oh yeah, Evernote has quite powerful organization. Organize by creating a zillion notebooks for every possible sphere of your life, OR keep fewer notebooks and organize by tags. Brilliant. Oh yeah, it also has the ability to keep all sorts of content -- attachments, images, text, audio, stuff clipped from the web, you name it. Oh yeah, for writers... I've used Evernote quite a bit as a minimalist word processor, especially when I want to write in the coffee shop on my laptop, then come home and find that my document is waiting for me on my desktop. What's not to love?

Cons

Here's what's not to love: the freemium pricing model. While I LOVE the fact that I can use Evernote for free, I truly wish I could just pay a onetime fee instead of a monthly/yearly subscription. If you stick with the free version, you're limited to 2 devices, so forget about connecting your home computer, laptop, work laptop, iPhone and iPad.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 6,610 reviews