All SpotOn Reviews

Chuck

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Spoton partnership

They have improved our business in many ways helping us grow revenue through their different programs such as loyalty and QR ordering.

PROS

I feel like they are truly a partner to my business

CONS

They had some growing pains when we first start. They were new at the time but there customer service was excellent during those times.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Aloha was behind the times when we switched and were not flexible to work with some 3rd party partners we wanted to use.

We love to hear it, Chuck. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Replied September 2023

Patrick

Reviewed March 2023

Very Customizable POS System. Excellent Reporting. All features needed for success.

Reporting has been amazing and has really helped our manager stay on top of their metrics.Integrations with 7 Shifts scheduling has been a game changer.We are detailed technical people so we were able to customize many features that made sense for our restaurants. Not the prettiest UI, more like an Android but no major complaints from servers.

PROS

The Reporting is a STAR versus our experiences with other POS like CAKE, NCR/Aloha.There are alot of great features that cater to tableside service restaurants like ours.A little overwhelming but There is a custom feature for almost every different item in the restaurant. Authorizations for different roles, control of delivery services, multi-location management, modifiers, discounts. Much more robust than other services I have used (CAKE, UPSERVE/Lightspeed, NCR)

CONS

The Sales Staff was not the friendliest. The implementation team also had a very bad attititude. The job got done with both but it was a rough experience.Customer service is decent. They have been getting better over time! A few downtime issues have occurred and SpotOn does not have an offline payment processing mode.They do however, install back-up 5G LT but forgot to train our managers on how to switch over to this network quickly.

Reporting, sleekness, and pricing

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

We were using Upserve and customer service was terrible. Lightspeed purchased Upserve and it only got worse during the transition. Some system updates made the POS unusable.

Thank you for your feedback, Patrick. We are constantly evolving our tech and services to support businesses better. We've passed this feedback to the appropriate teams on our end, but we're happy you are enjoying the Reporting feature & other capabilities.

Replied March 2023

john

Redcoat Tavern

Overall It was great. good people helping make it come together

PROS

Ease of use with exception of of the boh

CONS

Back office is a bit bumpy, not easy to use

We appreciate your feedback, John, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please don't hesitate to reach us at support@spoton.com should you need anything. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Adam

Hard to learn

The sales man know nothing, does not have any knowledge about how to operate equipment, when asked just texts you to call support. Pushy sales man promises the world then does nothing, talking about us behind our backs to other restaurants, that I know the [sensitive content hidden].. my other pos company was night and day better, always answer my questions, phone calls, never pushed me aside to handle it on my own. Only have 1 tech guy to help with repairs and is never in the state, so I have to hook up and fix my new broken equipment, the list goes on and on.

PROS

Able to do more work from home, using own computer

CONS

Not much, the equipment is faulty, have replaced a kitchen printer, a monitor and waiting on what’s next

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Was supposed to be saving money, not sure that’s the case, when you lose business because of broken equipment, and sales men that can’t help resolve issues

Adam, this is not the experience we want you to have and we apologize for the issues you've faced. We'd love to rectify this situation as soon as possible - could you please send the best phone number to reach you at to clientengagement@spoton.com? We'll have a support member reach out to you. Again, we apologize for this expereince and hope to speak with you soon.

Joe

Reviewed December 2023

The Best on the Market

Excellent Product and Service. Awesome all around

PROS

Service and the actual product. 24 hours a day 7 days a week

CONS

Sms Marketing messaging. Ecard notification when ecard bought to say thanks to the customer

Thank you for your feedback, Joe, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear about your experience with our product and service. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we’re proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Replied December 2023

Sunny

Reviewed November 2020

It really is "Spot ON"

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

PROS

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

CONS

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

The reporting end. The flexibility and the fact that you do all the programing in house. They are not just a company selling a product that they cant fix.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Northstar was a nightmare.

Carissa

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

[sensitive content hidden] is the best support!

PROS

I like the ease of its use. I like that we can take tap and chip payments. I love that when we do have an issue [sensitive content hidden] helps us resolve our issue in a timely manner. He does not give up when we run into issues.

CONS

Lack of payroll integration with Paylocity.

We love to hear it, Carissa and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we’re proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Gary

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

highway robbery

They gave me a great rate at the beginning then gradually jack it up to more than double the fees what they used to charge

PROS

quick customer service, great website management

CONS

They jack up your rate without notifying you

Gary, that's not the experience we want you to have, and we've passed this on to the appropriate teams on our end. Should you have any questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@spoton.com.

Replied March 2024

Courtney

Reviewed March 2024

[sensitive content hidden] is AMAZING

PROS

The ease of the system now that I know what is happening.

CONS

Reservations portal is the area that really has me confused.

Thanks for the shoutout, Courtney! Customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience with our team.

Replied March 2024

Grahm

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Haven't used it fully yet

Meh everyone wants to be helpful but we're still not setup with software that works correctly for our business. If we could have had more in person support to get the software corrected instead of me and my crew having to put so much time into it that would be great.

PROS

Honestly we haven't put the service in place yet due to customizations that we're needing made to the software to make it work correctly in our establishment. [sensitive content hidden] has been extremely helpful in trying to get us on track and provided excellent support in the process.

CONS

Pizzas are a tough thing to program correctly so the house or the customer doesn't get screwed. From my experience virtually no pizza restaurant that doesn't have their own proprietary system uses the software incorrectly.

Nick

Reviewed April 2020

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

PROS

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

CONS

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

Personal service, reporting features.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

It was so old and outdated. It worked fine but things like adding items and understanding our numbers was so cryptic. I felt like I was entering binary code into our back office computer every day. And the service from our previous provider was non-existent.

Debbie

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Eischen's Bar and SpotOn

From the very beginning when we started using SpotOn only for credit cards we have felt valued as a customer. This value has only increased as we moved into the POS system. Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made sure if he did not know the answer he investigates and found it for us during our decision making process. He was very diligent in his response and overall communications and continues to be available for our needs. The support staff with SpotOn especially Don Bisbee has made sure our conversion to SpotOn's POS system was a very positive experience. He continues to check in and be available for all of our needs. Don spend many hours with us during the conversion and made sure we were extremely comfortable with the product before his next install. His attention to detail in regards to the KDS portion of the POS was invaluable. He is a great representative of SpotOn

PROS

This was our second POS system and the anxiety of change was high. SpotOn did a great job in working with us from the menu design through install date. We are a unique restaurant that is very set in our ways. SpotOn did a great job grasping our needs and adjusting / showing which portion of their software would work for us. The software is very user friendly and was easier to adjust to than expected. SpotOn has been very prompt with any questions/requests/problems we have come across thus eliminating them.

CONS

We include taxes with our food items and the existing Daily Sale Reports breakdown as net. We have been able to adjust our reporting to accommodate and SpotOn is always working on new reports. It would also be nice to have a product mix report you can run for a specific timeframe.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

SpotOn made us feel valued as a family business and worked hand in hand with us to create the POS system layout we needed for our restaurant.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Our system was purchased from a local company in 2013. We were very spoiled by working with a small company that valued our business. That company was bought out from NCR and our system was antiquated. NCR support was difficult to communicate with and the response time was slower than we were used to.

This is music to our ears! We appreciate your input and value your business. Thank you for the feedback on reporting; I've reached out to your account rep to try to help find a solution to the reporting limitation you're experiencing. We look forward to finding a solution for you!

Replied April 2022

Reagan

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Wish I would've looked at reviews

I have had nothing but issues from the very moment I agreed to sign up. I was sold hard on the program as it was hard for me to make the change, and once I signed up- it was nothing but issues. At one point I just went back to my original Point of Sale and continued just making my monthly payments on the SpotOn program still trying to get my funds refunded back to me. One of the managers actually had the audacity to negotiate my refund amount with me. Then told me my previous rep had called them and told them she didn't make a mistake and that I had signed up for splitting the transaction fee with my customer? WHAT.

PROS

I thought the ease of taking a credit card as payment would be beneficial to my business. A lot of Point of Sale systems charge a transaction fee for each transaction, so to me, it should help me make things flow smoother day to day.

CONS

What I like the very least about SpotOn is the amount of missing funds that I found when I looked into my account. I had to then go spend quite a bit of time double checking everything to make sure I was getting paid. That alone was the biggest deterrent. The application, and what I found out later was their only contract, which was unfortunate because our service representative signed us up for both fee options not one or the other. Our business had the option to pass along the fee to the customer or to split the fee with the customer. For some reason, we were signed up for both. We had some pages that were showing one way and others for another option. I trusted my rep to submit the application in completion and for some reason that did not happen. The odd thing was that a couple months into our contract, the fee was option was switched. They claimed it was changed because it was incorrect. No one informed us of this. The new fee was different from what I had intially signed up for. One rep on the phone looked up our contract online and also made the statement that it looked like we had signed up for both options. But how could that have made any sense? Were we getting charged for even more? I reached out to my rep about the fees coming out on our end as well as the customers and was told she would look into it. Never heard back. Months later when my funds got frozen, I reached out to her only to find out she was let go. No one told me, I just was left without help.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

I thought it would be more cost effective. In turn, it actually cost me thousands and made me lose of my own free time outside of work trying to figure out what went wrong with no help.

Hi Reagan, we're sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced. It looks like we've been actively working with you on a resolution for the past week, and we look forward to getting things resolved for you as soon as possible!

Replied July 2023

Bret

Reviewed November 2020

Glad I made the switch

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

PROS

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!! I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

CONS

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Reason for choosing SpotOn

Local rep, Complete system setup, pricing was great, and was recommended by friend that owns a restaurant nearby.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Because of outrageous charges from our previous POS, poor customer service, lack of care for the customer, and them feeling like they were doing us a favor for being our POS System!!!

Susan

Reviewed November 2022

Can’t believe we didn’t use them from the beginning

Every aspect of this POS is very understandable & easy. For any questions we gave customer support is always there to help. As the Accountant for this restaurant the back of the house reports & getting payroll information & fixing things is so simple & takes me half the time to do payroll compared to the old POS. New employees gave no problem learning the POS.

PROS

Everything from the process of giving them what they needed to get us started for what we needed in a POS system to the installation to their customer service & especially the easy use of the POS & getting reports!

CONS

Nothing, all questions were answered, easy process and we have everything we need.

Reason for choosing SpotOn

At the time we were very frustrated with the RIOS system we had at the time and at that time, Dora, our sales person, came into the restaurant. We sat down & talked to her & after doing research of the company & the answers we got from Dora we very convinced that SpotOn was the one to go with.

Reasons for switching to SpotOn

Bad customer service, took too long or to difficult to update anything, not very friendly for new employees, too many steps for anyone to complete payroll by having to go here & there & sometimes, which was a lot not being able to access the reports that were needed & etc!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, Susan! We really appreciate this feedback and your business. We look forward to continuing our partnership.

Replied November 2022

robin

Reviewed August 2021

Bar Review

Overall very user friendly.

PROS

Spot On is very easy to use. Great for training new employees to this industry.

CONS

hotline support is weak. return calls are very slow.

user friendly and price