• Pros

• "Easy to use and implement. Works great and I would recommend it."

• "Fast email processing. Great customer support. Easy to use interface."

• "Needed assistance on minor issues in the past and received it without hassle! Was very impressed with how product works."

• Cons

• "Some items aren't where you would expect them to be, but once you learn where it is, it's not a big deal. Other than a fairly high up front cost, the software has been fine."

• "UI could be slicker, but honestly if it works great it doesn't have to look great."

• "The setup process can take some time, but their support staff are very helpful and will get you through it. It is worth the setup pains for the filtering it provides though."

Browse SpamTitan Reviews

goston from Mind-Info Kft

Versatile spam/av filter for reasonable price

It is great. Good software for a modest price tag: not too expensive but not too cheap so they are able to cover support and pay support engineers with qualities. It works as expected.

Pros

The ease of setup, the integration of Bitdefender sandbox, the punctuality of the spamfilter - after training -, the user quarantine, price tag, fast and quality(!) support. The quality of the checks and inclusion of bitdefender is a big extra. And I have to mention the support again: once we ran into a problem updating the software at a customer the speed of response and willing to help and solve the issue for us analyzing the system, etc was great ( The problem caused by our fault as we gave too few resources to the VM because we waited for more RAM to the virtual hosts and didn't upgrade the settings when we had enough resources again to run all workloads.) Support was willing to recover the system to be fully functional with a remote help.

Cons

Looking for logs about a specific message could be easier. While it's great and usable for an experienced admin this is a bit tedious for Level 1 support guys. However, there's a detailed description/howto page which covers all the details (https://helpdesk.spamtitan.com/support/solutions/articles/175885-using-history). I just mean that could be easier to follow a message and look for all occurrences in the logs.

Price/features value.

Kerim from Hirslanden AG

Email security

Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Pros

Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Cons

Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

Price and future package

Holly from Clean Living

Industry: Environmental Services

Spam Titan review

My overall experience has been great especially with all the work emails I get and not having to read the junk ones that are not related to me at all

Pros

What I like the most about Soam Titan is that it takes the emails that are not important to me and sends them to a folder so I dont have to receive them. I also like the fact that I get alerts every time when an email comes through that shouldnt. Its always watching out for me. I also like the fact that I have it set up every month for payment so I dont have to worry if its paid or not

Cons

The cons about this is having to pay for it. I understood that companies need to get paid for services but I would like a free service on something like this

Jeff from CatchMark Technologies

A product that does a great job

Our previous product was not stable and didn't filter out spam as well as we wanted. This tool exceeds out expectations!

Pros

I really like the customization that is available for this product. We have total control over the spam filter environment for all our customers. The environment is stable which is very important to us and our customers. The support staff was great when we were getting our environment configured. They were quick to reply to emails and reach out to assist us as needed. The spam filtering is top-notch and much better than other products we have used.

Cons

It can take some time to learn the environment and get it configured to your needs. That is expected when you have an environment like this that allows you to have total control.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied November 2019

Jeff thanks for the great feedback and I'll pass your support score on to the support team, very important to them. Delighted to hear that our spam filtering is doing the job for you guys. Thanks for taking the time to give us such positive feedback Dryden Geary, TitanHQ

Conor from Netcelero Ltd

Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.

Spam is removed.

Pros

Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

Cons

The following lets it down: 1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better. 2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it. 3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers. 4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

Hi Conor, Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows: 1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report. 2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers. 3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided. 4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic. We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Onur from D-Smart

Successful Mail Filtering Application

SpamTitan is an application with basic mailgateway features that can be installed on virtual or physical servers. According to the claims of 99.9% successful results. In the process I tested. Antivirus is a bit delayed in the direction of the successful results.

Pros

The setup is fast and practical like a lot of mailgateway applications. With an existing configuration backup, you can immediately set up a new mailgateway and continue where you left off.

Cons

I think mail body filtering is also limited in actions and actions

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

My advice to people who review this product, install the product over and over, try all the scenarios in your mind. Observe whether you can make all the rules you use in your current structure on this application. When switching to a new product, you need to know what you have lost from your existing capabilities.

yousef from Syria International Islamic Bank

Ani spam system

overall experience that the software if very good one and you could depend of it to protect your mail

Pros

- easy of use - good filtering - two kind of antivirus - periodic update - HA clustering - good performance

Cons

i doesn't fully compatible with Microsoft AD and if you put the server in DMZ the user couldn't take action and we need admin to take this rule

Karl from Rockwood Programs

Satisfied Client

This has been a better tool for us compared to our previous provider

Pros

I like the accuracy of blocking/allowing emails. Much less spam gets through from previous software

Cons

I wish the cloud version we had allowed individual users to manage their accounts line

Austin from genesis

Must have

Ive used this to make sure all the emails I get aren't spam.

Pros

It is so annoying to have to sort through email to see what is spam and what is important. Since having this I haven't missed an important email on accident.

Cons

There have been a few emails to get through that I would consider spam but it definitely has cut down on the amount.

Mark from Pango Technology

Just Works

Great experience so far.

Pros

Relatively easy setup and responsive customer service

Cons

Don't really have any yet. Perhaps the default of daily reports. But that is easily customizable by each user.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Ease of use, good customer support.

Mike from Adelante Development Center

Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful

Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support. We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use. We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

Pros

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way. The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance. Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time. SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan. Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Cons

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off! We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue. There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings. After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

Tristan from Summit Veterinary Pharmacy Inc.

Setup was very straight forward

Once we got through the growing pains we don't have to field many helpdesk tickets from users getting use to this software coming from our previous spam filter. The other big benefit is that our previous spam filter service provider was about to double our yearly rate so your software ended up having a better spam detection rate and was also less expensive.

Pros

Easy to setup and maintain. The detection rate is fabulous. When we initially setup the software we were getting tons of false-positives but this subsided after several weeks of use after which time I assume the system started to pickup on the types of emails that we consider legit.

Cons

It would be better to have a more well rounded user portal. For those users with many false-positives in an email notice it would be good to have a way to release the emails without opening a web browser tab for each and every email to be released or at least bring the user to the portal login page so they can easily manage many releases if this is not possible through the email client. Not a big deal but it is a little annoying personally for me. I believe in the beginning I was told that there was no user portal to then later find out that there was one. Not sure where the disconnect was but this feature ended up being quite crucial for the owner of the company I work for as he was used to working in the portal of our previous product (Barracuda). The other problem that was noticed earlier on is that the daily summary emails would have these crazy ambiguous email addresses in them in the "From" field which I was told couldn't be modified. The owner of the company was very confused by this as the Barracuda would show us both the technical from address as well as what would normally appear in the mail client and would have more meaning to the end user and give them a better idea if the email was spam or not. I suggested at the time to the tech\sales person I was speaking with that this should be changed to at least show both "from" email address' so the end user is armed with more information to make an informed decision about the email being spam or not.

Benjamin from M&M Golf Cars

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Pros

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done. I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since. Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy. Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

Cons

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice. Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF. Other than that no issues!

Say byebye to spam!

With over 500 mailboxes, spam had become a major problem for users. Not only was it an exposure point for phishing scams, but viruses as well. Along with just wasting resources on my email server and clients computers. Spamtitan has put a stop to most, if not all of the spam related issues my organization had. It is worth every penny.

Pros

It has greatly reduced the amount of spam getting to my users. I hesitate to put a % to it for fear of being low, but I say 90% of the spam that use to get through is captured now. Not only that, but I can easily blacklist or whitelist specific addresses or domains. Something that was a painful process on my previous spamfilter platform. You can also pull metrics and reports to show how much mail has been processed and how much has been caught.

Cons

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

Thank you kindly for your review. I'm delighted you found SpamTitan support staff helpful, I'll pass on the message. When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Dan from Procentia, Inc.

Great Product and Easy to Use

SpamTitan has done an excellent job of clearing out the loads of spam we were getting prior to putting the product in place.

Pros

After going through a fairly simple setup, SpamTitan just works. It does a great job of stopping most spam and has a small number of false positives. It is also pretty easy to set up notifications on any blocked emails to ensure that proper capture is occurring. One side feature that I really like is using the web interface to see what emails have been allowed through. Using that information, when a client calls and tells us they sent an email that we didn't get, I can immediately look on SpamTitan to see if the email reached our servers at all. This allows me to very quickly determine if an email that never reached us was blocked on by our servers or prior to reaching us at all.

Cons

If you change a filter in the web interface to return too many records, the site will sometimes hang. I have sent in questions for support once or twice, and I do get a reply very quickly that the staff will address my question, but I often never get a response after that.

Jose from BCITO

Great anti-spam filtering solution

Anti-spam filtering service and online archiving system. Great for security and cloud migrations.

Pros

There are several advantages of using this software. Apart from being an anti-spam filtering solution, it also serves as a temporary archiving service when you need to take your mail servers down for maintenance. You will never lose an e-mail. Great tool to have if planning an e-mail migration to a cloud provider. No more appliances and almost zero configuration apart from relocating your MX records. Highly recommended.

Cons

The customer support is not that great. It always appears that you are dealing with the same person over a chat or report ticketing system. I am not so sure how many engineers are working in support but I always seem to work with the same person. It is really hard to get a remote session with an engineer, most of the time you only receive ticket replies with instructions to be followed and it feels like trial and error. Nevertheless, the software works perfectly so you rarely need to use support. It is for extremely irregular situations that you would contact support.

fernando from concentus

spamtitan

overall positive, support has been great, missing some features to make it a truly polished enterprise/msp/carrier top shelf product.

Pros

1) virtual appliances 2) clusterable 3) support ldap/s 4) user specific CP

Cons

a) does not provide reporting of how many mailboxes each domain is using in a given month - being a multitenant system and we with many clients, we lost this ability to have emailed/automated reports of how many mailboxes are active in a given month under each domain. seems easy to code and would provide value b) really don't like how it handles aliases, treating them as unique 'accounts' c) still has the spamassassin feel, the best of breed from back in the day was postini d) really don't like that your appliance doesn't email us when it can't reach a downstream smtp target. sure we do snmp/wmi/pingdom monitoring for our key clients, but it's niceto have the edge system send an email/snmp trap when it cannot connect to a domain's downstream smtp server. agian, shouldn't be hard to code....

Faburn from Infinity Networks

SpamTitan Cloud Review (after 2 years use)

My company has used the SpamTitan Cloud solution for approximately 2 years without experiencing noticeable technical issues or downtime. I occasionally need to add a white list entry or release emails that are not SPAM. The end users get a daily email to allow them to identify emails caught in their SPAM filter and decide how the application should handle them. The licensing count is not tied to a specific domain which is attractive if you support multiple domains or are an MSP.

Pros

- The application is stable and requires little maintenance. - Support is responsive and knowledgeable - Cost is a good value and pricing structure allows for use with multiple domains to maximize licensing. - New email addresses are automatically learned to ease administration and automate licensing needs. - Good reporting - User self maintenance works well.

Cons

- Not really an issue for me, but there is no mobile admin client. - Web interface seems dated, which is not a concern of mine, but it could turn off some admins.

Jonathan from 37West Technologies

Great Pservice with a great product!

We have seen reduced amount of phishing emails as well as overall Junk mail. The best part of the product is it takes on a lot of the junk traffic that we would otherwise see hitting our network and email servers and filters it before we receive the emails. Also the ability to still receive email when the email server itself is offline is a big benefit in maintaining business continuity.

Pros

The service as well as the products we use with TitanHQ have been rock solid since we started. We are an MSP so reliability and ease of use followed up by excellent responsive customer service are only magnified by the amount of clients that we use with TitanHQ. Currently we server over 500 individual users and no one has had a complaint. This has been a wonderful partnership so far and we will continue to use the. Right now we currently use ArcTitan and Spamtitan with much success.

Cons

There is not really anything to like about this company or the services they provide.

Anti-Spam Winner

9.5/10.

Pros

My inbox can get pretty busy after a long day of meetings. If I dont manage to clean them, it can clog up my emails. Once I go through these emails, I notice that majority of it is spam and junk which I dont personally need. Blocking and moving to my spam folder is time consuming and I could do better things with that time. SpamTitan captured me from the moment I tried it and has never failed me so far. I can now manage my inbox and know that I dont have to deal with malicious threats.

Cons

Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didnt miss anything. Its very rare though.Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didnt miss anything. Its very rare though.

Bud from Mold-Rite Plastic, LLC

Industry: Plastics

Very good spam & virus filtering front end

SpamTitan keeps the bulk of junk mail off out internal mail server, offloads the mail trasmission, and provides a 3rd layer of AV scanning (SpamTitam, Mail server, end point all have different AV software)

Pros

The interface is very responsive and easy to navigate. Installation was easy; regular updates are provides and also install very easily. Very few false positives.

Cons

No facility for custom scoring; mail is either 'good' and passes, or is 'bad' and is rejected. Many spam filtering system have a scoring system so that when particular conditions are met (key words in a subject or msg body, country of origin, time of day, bulk mail status, destination, sending TLD, etc), a cumulative score is created to determine spam status. Would love to have SpamTitan be able to add 'Posible spam' or some such to the subject so the mail server or user filters could pick it up.

Travis from Eagle Beverage, Inc.

Great product, complete lack of support or communication from the company

We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

Pros

The software is easy to setup, pretty easy to use and navigate. It stopped most of our spam issue (using the SpamTitan Gateway), got rid of quite a bit of sent in viruses (rest caught from Exchange or local clients).

Cons

Reboots and updates sometimes caused the file system to get "corrupted", requiring some cmd line level programs to get it healthy again. Also had issue with how licenses were counted as we only have 35-40 employees but they have multiple email addresses (first.last, fnlast, etc) and it shows up as 150+ people, really wish it was mailbox linked and not address linked. Our biggest issue is not with the software, but with the company. They have stopped answering emails, stopped answering the phones. We have been trying for a month and a half to get support and its radio silence. We still have 18+ months left on our 3 year contract and are already looking for a new product with actual support.

Hector from RD International

Industry: Wholesale

SpamTitan is Good!

Our biggest benefit I must say is that little peace of mind in case our onsite server goes down our emails will still be deliver as soon the server is restored.. even up to 5 days.

Pros

Setup is simple. Don't need much time to understand options or features, Menus and options are easy to navigate and find. When you need support they always answer fast. Is one of those things you setup and just forget about it.

Cons

System slows down quite often, nothing serious enough to regret in my case with only 110 email addresses to handle for reports and quarantine. Quarantine alerts/reports timeframes are too long even for the smallest business... I consider this its biggest flaw! as the shortest timeframe is daily. This should improve with a shorter or a programmable option offered globally and/or in a categorized list selectable by user or groups.

Luca from 2S-tech Pte. Ltd.

easy to manage, almost no false positives.

I'm very satisfied with this product. We manage several installation on both single mail server and multi mail server configuration. It is very easy to setup and maintain which makes it a perfect software for production environments.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the fact it is an appliance that can run as a Virtual Machine. It highly simplifies the implementation of the product in any environment or architecture. It is easy to manage any internet domain and all the rules to them related. It supports more mail servers. It makes use of 2 different Anti-Virus to reduce the risk to let Viruses pass the appliance.

Cons

the outlook addin or the way for the user to manage their quarantine is not the easiest. it could be managed in a different way, especially for MS Exchange users.

Harold from A&RT

Love Spamtitan

I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

Pros

I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Cons

Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option. When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.

Say Goodbye to Spam with SpamTitan

Pros

In this day and age, acquiring an anti-spam software is an absolute necessity and not a luxury. I hate having to keep filtering my email and blocking the scammers out there. It can take a lot of time doing that and its better to have a software that can help you with that. I found SpamTitan to be ultimate choice and in dealing with this matters. Its very straightforward and all it does is eliminates spam, protects you from viruses and fraudulent emails. I can spend more time working on my other tasks instead of filtering the spam. SpamTitan is a great investment.

Cons

I dont have any problems with this software. It has made my workload so much easier and I dont have to worry on any threats. Im thankful for this software.

Dalton from TW3 Lubbock

SpamTitan for a non-profit

We are a very small nonprofit ministry that has more than one website and multiple email addresses. We were receiving between 75-100 pieces of spam a day when we finally found SpamTitan. You were recommended in a list of possible companies who provide spam protection. We found the sales and technical staff to ALL be congenial and desirous to SOLVE problems quickly. The software was easy to learn, and once it begins catching things, it seems to learn what to look for even better than at the beginning. Also, we asked if there were any ability to get a discount because of the type organization we have and the work we do, and the sales team were very willing to work with us to get the best possible rate. THANKS GUYS - we appreciate ALL you do for 30 60 100 MINISTRIES, INC.

Pros

Ease of use, the high percentage of spam caught the first time!

Cons

It has worked so well over the past year that I have forgotten the amount of time it took to initially set up our account. In reality, initial setup was so easy to do that I cannot say that I have an Cons to refer to.

YANNICK from FIRST GENERAL

Reliable Spam Filtering System

SpamTitan does what it is intended to do. It filters a good portion of Malicious and Spam emails from our systems. Support team are knowledgeable and are able to assist in a timely fashion.

Pros

Filters/Blocks 90% of Spam Uses multiple Spam Filtering Technology Blacklist/Whitelist can be set Globally and per User Customization Spam Inbox Report Has a Scan Summary/Performance Report Web UI loads quickly Updates are easy and quick to apply within the UI

Cons

Difficult to improve the filtering technology without creating false positive Doesn't have a help feature available for each setting New Spam techniques are difficult to catch immediately Doesn't have an Artificial Neural Learning Network that learns from identified User/Admin Flagged Spam

KRis from Evitso bvba

Industry: Computer Networking

One of the best anti-spam appliances available

Pros

A very good anti-spam filter with a lot of options. Suitable for any mailserver (I use it with a linux-based mailserver, but you can use it with Exchange as well). From time to time upgrades are available. These updates are running smoothly, I never had problems with it. We use spamtitan for 5 years now, we had only one actual problem during this period. That problem was solved quickly by the spamtitan helpdesk.

Cons

As from version 7, they've replace Kaspersky anti-virus gateway by Bitdefender. In my opinion, Kaspersky had a higher virus detection and worked better. There is also an extra free anti-virus gateway "Clamav", but that one I had to disable because of some troubles.

THE PROTECTION YOU NEVER KNEW YOU NEEDED

Pros

I have always been confident with my email management skills and I was comfortable with how everything was. Traffic and spam messages increased as my incoming emails increased. I installed SpamTitan and noticed that unnecessary emails were nowhere to be found. It worked silently in the background. It helped me a lot especially in managing my emails and determining junk mails. It transferred non-important emails to a folder which I can browse on if I have more time.

Cons

The system often crashes when being refreshed, also it seems like treatment or putting of emails in quarantine needs more updates. I had an important email that was thought to be a spam, good thing I looked.

Raymond from No Lim-IT

Great Spamfilter, but it good be even better.

We were increasingly unhappy with our old solution and reached out to SpamTitan. From the first moment contact with sales has been great. They were very helpfull. We are still in the process of moving our clients from the old solution to the new one, which is a lot of work. Overall we are happier with SpamTitan then with the old spamfilter.

Pros

No more need for sender based routing on our Exchange Servers, SpamTitan takes care of this automatically. Logfiles are instantly available, in our old solution we had to wait about half an hour. Great virus filtering with Bitdefender.

Cons

It's not possible to send outbound mail with smtp authentication, only ip authentication is supported. For customers on a dynamic ip it's useless. I would prefer to be able to login with 2FA on the webinterface, but this is not (yet) possible. Our clients receive (a bit) more spam then with the old solution. The initial configuration to set the best settings is confusing. It's maybe too flexible. We use the gateway version, I would like to use the same settings as SpamTitan on the hosted solution, which I'm sure is optimized as good as it can be. Some configuration settings, like ip blacklisting (which looks to be very effective) are configured on our cluster only. I think this could be far more effective if you could use a central blacklist from SpamTitan. In general I think it's great, but configuration could be better if more is centralized.

David from Gunga

Stop Spam before the user

I have blocked millions of spam email int he last couple of years with spamtitan.

Pros

Has great filter to stop all spam. Has really nice quarantines section and can email users to show them emails that been quarantined . Easy to setup like the option to run it on your own server. Can scale it across servers if you need to. Its easy to setup whitelists and blacklists.

Cons

You can archive your emails but that not really a big con.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

David thanks for the great review. When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated by the product team Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Jason from Maximovich IT Consulting

Resolved issues and turned out to be a valuable part of my offerings.

Positive with very respectable technical support.

Pros

I count on the protection and support of Spamtitan when it comes to my business and my customers. When it was first used with my hosted mail services, it was during a time when particular crypto-ransomwares were causing significant issues with my customers. Once I switched, problem solved and ironically, it was at that time that only my customers that did not utilize my Spamtitan solution continued to have issues.

Cons

The creation of an Microsoft Outlook Add-in module for Spam management would enhance the solution significantly. It has cost me some business as some of Spamtitan's competitors have this in use.

Eric from WRFR

Good and easy anti spam service (online)

To me, Spam Titan has simplified my time managing spam for others. I like simple and easy to manage, and Spam Titan is exactly that.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the simple steps to get up and running. The effectiveness of the filtering is really good. I do not have many if any emails categorized as spam that aren't spam. It takes a week or two for the system to get tuned. All the users are happy with it and that simplifies my life too. The report system is nice and the option to be able to generate or change settings directly from the previous report email is perfect.

Cons

I would have like a way to easily select email in my exchange box and set them as spam.

David from Kindale

Excellent, Just works, Easy to setup,

it stop spam and allows me to control the email coming and going to our servers.

Pros

How easy and fast it was to setup and was working how it should. It did not take a lot of configuring to get it to work. It has lots of features and the web gui is easy to use. I like it has updates build right it. It sends a report to your users to let them know what emails been quarantined in case there was a false match. It catch lots and of spam and has good lists. It east to make white and black lists. You can self host on your own server.

Cons

It doesnt archive emails. You cant read emails once the been released. There really no other cons i can think of.

Daniel from Hospital Ortopdico Infantil

Say goodbye to spam and welcome your cybersecurity

I eliminated all the spam that I received daily, now my inbox only receives what is really important. Highly recommended. After having suffered a cyber attack by some hackers, we were forced to use all kinds of anti-malware, anti-virus and anti-spam software. And truly Spam Titan is one of those that has given us better results.

Pros

imagine a filter that protects you from everything bad, an intelligent filter, which gives way to the good and blocks everything that is suspicious... Well, that filter exists and it's called Spam Titan since I started using this program I could stop worrying about the annoying spam emails and the cyber risks that are usually associated with it. now I use Spam Titan in all the email accounts that I have associated..

Cons

nothing bad to limit, excellent program at a very competitive price.

Get Rid of Spam While Using SpamTitan

Pros

My email seems to be receiving a lot of spam lately and the previous anti-spam software we used didnt seem to capture the junk I get daily. This means I have to sort them out myself. Thank God for SpamTitan which came to the rescue right on time. It truly eliminates all kinds of spam and junk mail that clogs your email. I can go through my emails more smoothly now.

Cons

SpamTitan is so efficient that it sometimes overdoes it. When my clients tell me theyve emailed me and I havent received it, I know I should check my junk folder. Thats the only concern I have.

Ron from Penta Systems

Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent performance, ease of use and ease of interface. Best support team ever, hands down.

Peace of mind. Central administration of customer's mail filtering. No configuring of Exchange or local antispam solutions.

Pros

The software has a very organized and attractive web interface. Functions and features are grouped and sorted logically. Once you have the system setup very little tuning is necessary. Best of all: end-users can manage their own spam-queue and the reporting and logging is a sysadmin's dream.

Cons

When used in a cluster, not all settings are mirrored to all cluster members, like "trusted networks" (networks allowed to relay). A more granular backup/restore per item would come in handy.

SpamTitan is one of the best antivirus/antispam filters on the market

The primary benefits I receive with this software is the praise by end users on how effective the spam filtering is on their accounts. Also, my clients really like the ability review what has been filtered in the very rare occasion of a false positive.

Pros

The price is really hard to beat when compared with alternative solutions. Addtionally, when deployed on client networks whether via on prem appliance or cloud, my clients receive virtually zero spam emails.

Cons

Configuration can be a bit daunting, but with the excellent support issues are easily resolved. Other than that, I really can't think of any other cons with this product!

Great Cloud Spam service with a lot of options to tweak if needed.

Helps me manage my spam to filter out the real from the fake. Also protects my company from virus' or phishing attempts through mail.

Pros

You have full control and visibility of all the emails that go in and out of your mail server. Settings can be changed from the online interface and you can even give user limited access if they need it. Users in most cases don't need access as everything can be managed from an end user perspective from within their inbox. The service is fast and support is really quick to get back to you when you have a question or problem.

Cons

It can be hard at times to tweak settings for each user as they each like things slightly different. Once you have had the system going for a little while it starts to learn what is good and what is bad. Alias email addresses are treated as individual email accounts which can be frustrating to end users who treat the alias account all as one account.

Merc from Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.

Wonderful

It helps having my email free and clean of spam messages. Also, it works as some kind of archives system.

Pros

I have been using Spam Titan for over a couple of years now and I have to say that I have never had any problem with it, actually, it has helped me a lot and Im very happy with the result. With time, my email has been used to subscribe a lot of newsletters and other stuff that I want to erase, and this program has been incredibly useful to make that possible.I had no problems to set it up since it is so easy to use and I started noticing its benefits soon after.

Cons

I have anything bad to say, just a suggestion. I would appreciate spam reports, or lists of the sending institutions, or that kind of things. Just a minor aspect.

Gary from Louisiana Farm Bureau Federation

Very easy to get around the program, reliable, does just what we need it to do

Pros

As stated above it just works the way we need it work. The feature I like the most is being able to impersonate a user where I can go in and whitelist an email if I need to.

Cons

My one complaint, and I have voiced this for two years now, is that I would like to be able to sort the quarantine by subject. It would make it so much easier and quicker to delete a list of spam emails not to mention that it would help those of looking at the quarantine to be able to quickly determine if the email had been sent to several people thereby raising suspicion that it was a spam email

Daniel from David Allen IT Limited

The experience has been absolutely great.

- Automated reports on the licensing (Domain level) - LDAP Synchronisation - Overall improvements in the reduced level of spam reaching users - Great Support

Pros

We have been using Spam Titan for around six months. During this time, we have found the software to be extremely customisable. The ability to whitelist/blacklist at both a global level as well as a domain level is a great feature and is very easy to do. The history/reporting feature also stands out and gives you the ability to search for emails using a number of different fields. I have had experience contacting support via telephone as well as email and find them very friendly and always available to assist remotely and answer any questions.

Cons

The only feature that I think would be a great addition to the software would be the ability to add pattern filters at a domain level rather than just a global level.

Andrew from Reliable Technology Solutions

Cloud Version is Great for Managed Services Providers

We are an MSP with clients of all sizes that desire managed spam protection. They need the ability to see what messages are blocked and whitelist if necessary, in a format that all of their users can understand. We appreciate the simple, clean interface that gives us the ability to quickly setup new clients, as well as quickly find and take action on messages that the client needs to find right away. The support has been great, as we are constantly swamped with duties and responsibilities of our own and do not have time to spend hours learning how to use a new platform or troubleshoot an issue.

Pros

The support is great and the cloud platform seems to work very well at integrating with either on-site Exchange servers or Office 365. I also like the single daily email to each user giving them the opportunity to review blocked messages and take action. Many other platforms swamp users with notifications every time something is blocked. This is very simple for us to setup and users to understand.

Cons

The customization is still a little lacking, would like more options to be able to adjust notifications. Also, most of the documentation is for the appliance version, which has a slightly different interface and setup procedure from the cloud hosted version. That said, support is still great and was able to walk us through each setup.

Garry from Ed Martin Auto Group

SpamTitan has drastically reduced the spam getting to our inboxes; making spam admin easy.

Pros

Fairly easy to administer and is fairly hands off once you get it configured. This gives you the ability to tinker with it as much as you want, or get it set and forget about it for a month. I found this software to be a much better option for my company since I am the lone IT person for 500+ systems as I don't spend as much time managing the spamfilter as I previously did.

Michael from tech42

SpamTitan Review

Overall we have been very please with our spamtitan experience. We could use some deeper training for our admins. Most of what we have learned has been by trial and error or on a support call. With that said though, the support has been very good the few times we have needed it.

Pros

The software works really well, it is rare that we have spam or viruses slip through, and when they do the software is flexible enough to be configured block in the future. The price point is also really good for the functionality and how well it works.

Cons

The user interface could be easier to use and better laid out.

Jeff from MJA Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

We Like Spam Titan

Fantastic, just have to check the logs of how many unwanted emails are rejected compared to real ones, unbelievable percentage.

Pros

Easy for end users to deal with reviewing suspicious emails and deciding whether to accept or reject. Efficient product that doesn't delay emails coming through, can be discussing an email with a customer and it appears within moments so discussions can continue. Stops thousands and thousands of unwanted emails and learns quickly to new approaches by time wasters.

Cons

Not found anything we don't like yet with the product.

SpamTitan

We get volumes of spam and SpamTitan helps us to make that manageable, and a safer situation.

Pros

It works well. It is a vast improvement on spam filtering over Websense/Surf Control. We are getting less spam. The tech support is good, the folks there are responsive and good about dealing with individual issues and questions. There are a ton of features, different spam fighting techniques and ways to customize based on your needs.

Cons

Not much to criticize. You can't export your white list, but I guess that's to discourage you from leaving.

Steven from Healthmaster Holdings LLC

One of the Best Anti-Spam Products in the Market

The company provides regular updates to the software without trying to change the systems after every update. You know that they are going to provide a consistently good product, version after version.

Pros

The software was able to be used with in-house and hosted email systems. (MS Exchange/Office 365). The setup with easy to complete and the interfaces for the users are simple and straight forward.

Cons

Some of the options in the software feel miscategorized in the different areas of the administration interface. I find myself going to the wrong screens for certain options.

Gary from All American Truck & SUV Accessory Centers

Spam Titan Anti-spam cloud service definitely did the job.

Spam free email

Pros

it is easy to set up and use and the support was always available. Several people in our organization had horrible spam problems. Spam Titan cloud service instantly stopped all the spam with very few false positives. The small handful of false positives were easily added to our white list and cleared.

Cons

The only con was that a few times, filtering through the emails trying to find and clear a blocked sender was a chore. the Filter engine wouldn't find the email in question by the senders address.