Paymo

Paymo Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I evaluated around ten other project management tools before selecting Paymo. Tech support is friendly and responsive."
  • icon"What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP."
  • icon"As paymo also support kanban boards I want to check them out, Tha additional time tracking is really a good and nice option."
  • icon"When I tell people about Paymo, they immediately think it's a financial tool, not a project management tool, based on the name. I would hate for this to hold Paymo back in the market."
  • icon"I guess my biggest dislike is the new timesheets view, the hitboxes on the time entries seem to be slightly out of sync with the visual modules."

All Paymo Reviews

Krystle Chanel

I finally found the one!

It is important to note that Paymo isn't idle in enhancing its software. Not only that, but new features are thoughtful and integrated seamlessly with the tool. I appreciate this because I have used other software that seem to have their priorities mixed up when releasing enhancements; adding things that don't move the needle ahead of things that do.

Pros

After years of using project management software for both myself and companies I've worked for, I found the right tool for the job for my personal, small business as a marketing coach and online entrepreneur. Until I build a team, I'm using Paymo for myself, and other tools are not always price-sensitive for a solo user. I appreciate that Paymo provides an option to pay for one user until I'm ready to grow. A particular feature I was looking for was the option to view all projects on a single Kanban board. In the rare case that I found this option, it was a significant upgrade to acquire. But Paymo offers this and it's super easy to use! Other features I love: - Time-tracking/timesheet: Visual representation of where my time goes. I use the in-app timer every day. - Flexible viewing options: I can easily switch between list, table, board, and Gantt views, with easy to use filters that allow me to see exactly what I want. No custom reports or views need created - which can be time-consuming and inflexible (enterprise tools). - Note: The user experience of the Gantt chart was also what I was looking for. It is drag and drop and allows you to adjust your timeline from within the view. There's so much to love about Paymo! And that is saying a lot coming from someone who has researched and used as many tools as I have - including enterprise solution, Workfront. Paymo is definitely worth giving a try!

Cons

I wish there was a way to invite collaborators/reviewers like there is in Asana. If I want a coaching client to be able to collaborate, there is no way to do this without paying for another user. This is superficial, but, the name! When I tell people about Paymo, they immediately think it's a financial tool, not a project management tool, based on the name. I would hate for this to hold Paymo back in the market.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

I switched from Asana, Teamwork, and Things. I was looking for a tool with a kanban board option that allowed me to view tasks across all of my projects and I needed a cost-effective tool for someone who is currently solo but building a business. Asana was cost-prohibitive in that I could not pay for a single user, but had to pay for 5 minimum. Also, the kanban board option I was looking for was an additional upgrade for Asana and Teamwork, making these options even more expensive. Additionally, user experience was a factor. Asana generally has a good UI but I just like Paymo better. Teamwork has some work to do in this regard.

Response from Paymo

You sure did your researh, Krystle, thank you for the review :) Actually, we're working on an improved client portal with in-app access to guest users, so they can collaborate with you on the same page. This is our #1 priority atm, so stay tuned! As for our name, this goes back more than 10 years when we started out as a time tracking and billing tool. The purpose was to use the app and GET PAID MORE, hence Paymo :) Hope this helps, thank you again!

Replied June 2020

Jaime

Industry: Graphic Design

Jaime Zubiaur

The control of the hours assigned to a project is Paymo's most useful tool. It lets you know quickly if a project is using more resources than expected.

Pros

Although it has many functions, it is very easy to use and allows you to manage many projects with a global view of them.

Cons

I don't like the way the invoices are issued. I don't like that the list of tasks appears on the invoices. For a creative studio I think it detracts from the value. That's why we don't invoice using Paymo's tools, and it's a shame because I find the accounting charts very interesting.

Reasons for choosing Paymo

Because of the price (we started with a free account and as we grew we were able to scale up) and because of the hour-counting feature.

Katy

May 2022

Can be very useful after you learn how to use it.

Pros

The Dashboard is customizable and expansive enough to help you keep track of the full picture easily. There are several tiers of user permissions and this comes in handy often when multiple people work together on the same project. While not the main program we use for this, the billing and invoicing features are really well developed. Especially when you consider that this isn't Paymo's main purpose.

Cons

I have only been using Paymo for a couple of months but have it very hard to properly log idle time and it can get frustrating. The program overall takes a lot of time to be properly studied and am far from that point.

Cameron

Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily

Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Pros

Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all! If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a developer that can setup custom API's...your info is stuck in their system! You can enter clients, companies, etc. and change view to "Table" and see it in table mode, but that view still only gives you the general company information, NOT the contacts for that company and that is 1 of 2, yes that is right 2 places in the entire system of everything you may have entered where you can download/export that view into Excel/CSV file....everything else is PDF if you are lucky!! If you are a VERY small, VERY basic bookkeeping/accounting freelancer (NO TEAM, just you and very basic billing) - fine, it may work...but if you have more than 1 person in your team other than you, have different rates or even the SLIGHTEST out of the norm billing or cycles...GOOD LUCK!!! I am furious with this system after being told what it could do and I explained in detail, and "oh yeah, that is not a problem at all"...only to find out, everything I explained about what we needed, went in one ear and out the other just to make the sale...now I have a barely usable system and wasted $$$$!!

Cons

Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye. System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!) Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

Reasons for choosing Paymo

Because I am an idiot and made a mistake and now I am paying for it...literally - I am now out lots of money cause they won't refund people!!

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Because Zoho was TOO much features/functionality it became overwhelming...then was told lies about all the wonderful things Paymo could do, but it didn't do them int eh way I had explained to the rep...and now I am hunting for yet another system that actually does what it says without being overwhelming!!!!

Response from Paymo

Hi Cameron, Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something. Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only. However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API. And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

Replied January 2020

Heike

September 2022

Pros

It helped me a lot in my billing routing and planning work. Made my work schedule so much easier. Very useful app for my company.

Cons

I asked customer service for help on a few issues, but unfortunately there was no response, other than that it was a good experience.

Luciano

June 2022

Project and task management without surprises

overall sufficient experience. It does not create particular problems for you, nor does it give you particular satisfaction. to work in a group it's fine, as long as you don't have high customization requirements

Pros

Paymo's ease of use is disarming: it allows you to configure your project and your tasks in an instinctive, fast and reliable way

Cons

Working in Paymo I often feel the need to represent my projects in alternative ways, such as a mind map, or generally a graphic board .. but this is not possible in Paymo

Reasons for switching to Paymo

II am constantly looking for new tools in this category

Ahmed

The best solutions for managing all project activities by all team members

For me, I see that Paymo has helped increase the productivity of all members of the work team, by reducing the time that was wasted on them in office work, and allocating more time to field work, which has a positive impact on the final result for sure. I also find that Paymo helps companies produce realistic, executable programs, as everyone's participation in the formation of the work program will make all things become clearer to everyone, thus avoiding making mistakes that may cost losses in money and time.

Pros

Paymo is an advanced project management platform, providing modern solutions to enable you to achieve success in project management. Paymo enables users to deal with a group of tasks at the same time, which increases productivity and reduces time and effort, especially that which was done with office work by all members of the work team. As companies and organizations, especially the emerging ones, will benefit through their use of Paymo from following up their projects correctly at all stages, as it will help them create a work program, schedule all tasks and display them in an orderly manner using the Gaunt chart and also prepare quotes and invoices. The ready-made templates that Paymo provides to users, will enable them to use the software in line with their needs, depending on the nature of the projects they are working on. I also like in Paymo that it works as a database for the project, as the sum of the attachments that the work team includes for the tasks they are working on, will be an integrated archive of the project that we can refer to at any time.

Cons

There is nothing undesirable, the application is easy to use, the notification system and also the customization of tasks provided by Paymo work as required.

Sean

Industry: Graphic Design

November 2022

Paymo helps my team and I every single day

It's has been really great. Honestly cant even imagine changing or going back to manually billing or manually keeping time on projects.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. It's very easy to bill for projects, create projects, set up reminders & see project status.

Cons

When you set a task to have a start date & end date. That task always gets dropped to the bottom of the list. So if you have something scheduled for 1/1/2022 & another for 1/1/2022-1/14/2022. The last one will go towards the end of the list near the 14th as apposed to the top towards the 1st

Klaas

September 2022

zzp

goed bedrijf keep the good work

Pros

fijn dat ze alles goed bij houden zo als wat ik op de planning heb

Cons

tijdregestratsie was beetje last voor me

Katherine

May 2022

Great for time tracking and task assignment

It's overall been quite a useful product. I really like that we can upload images and files to each specific task, making for a simplified workflow.

Pros

Assigning tasks with due dates is extremely easy - the comment flow on each task makes it easy to provide feedback or ask for edits. Easy to find tasks assigned to me, and to track how much time I spend on each client.

Cons

When they implemented the new filter system it was a little irritating to see all of the closed tasks pop up on my feed again. With the help of their helpful customer service I was able to set my filters to remove the issue (but I still think the removal of finished tasks should be an automatic filter)

Zac

Industry: Architecture & Planning

November 2022

The online support is fast and meaningful. The platform is fast, easy to use, and has lots of good reporting tools and filters.

Pros

Very user friendly. All the team members got familiar with it in less than a week

Cons

Timesheets for past weeks can't be locked which gives opportunity to cheeky users to manipulate hours.

Features and pricing

Response from Paymo

Hi Zac, thank you for the feedback! We might take your suggestion into consideration in future updates.

Replied November 2022

Ian

November 2022

Paymo is crucial to my business

Pros

I work with many clients and need a way of managing and tracking their support requests and project tasks amongst the team. Paymo allows this management through ease of use of adding a new client, setting up a project, assigning and scheduling tasks and creating reports for clients to view progress.

Cons

On the whole, Paymo works seamlessly and the only feature I would like to is for open tasks to appear at the top of the list in a time report.

Bobbie

Great time tracker

Pros

I have been using Paymo for 10+ years mainly for time tracking and invoicing. It makes to process smooth and seem less.

Cons

As a single employee entity (ie myself) I don’t use a lot of the features. It would be nice to have a plan with just the items I need without limits on time entries/tasks.

Laura

Great tool

One of the fractures we like most is that we can easily see team availability.

Pros

We've been using Paymo for more than a year and it was a great choice. The deployment was quick and easy and allí the team could adopt its use quickly.

Cons

The time bookings dont upsate automatically when changing the dates of a task.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Didn't have fractures like availability or time tracking.

Response from Paymo

Hi Laura, Thank you for the feedback. Can you get in touch and give us more details about the issue above?

Replied November 2022

Joanne

Can't live without it now.

Really pleased with customer support!

Pros

I've always done freelance work and tried to track my time on Excel. No more. I love being able to track my time to the minute on projects and tasks with Paymo, then have those timesheets translate automatically into invoices which I can then send directly to my clients. Also helps me see what I'm spending my time on. Although I've barely scratched the surface of its functionality, it's become a necessity (and a luxury) now that I've gone full-time freelance.

Cons

I'd like to be able to drag-and-drop tasks, projects, etc. (if only because I may have set them up incorrectly in the first place). That's not available yet.

Reasons for choosing Paymo

The option to track my time with a click is amazing.

Response from Paymo

You GO, Joanne! If you want to move already existing tasks from one project to another, you have this option: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/article/can-i-move-tasks-to-another-project-1gtfxl4/ We've also redesigned the task area so you can access the full task details by just clicking on a task :D We hope you like it!

Replied August 2021

Kira

November 2022

Easy to use time tracker

Pros

I like the ability to click and drag to lengthen/shorten tasks, ability to copy tasks, and general ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes I do have to refresh the page to fix the hours on a task (they stop being draggable or otherwise)

Adrian