What are PayPal Invoicing users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PayPal Invoicing software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love being able to sale my items and use the ease of PayPal Invoicing. I have protection for sales and my buyers also have protection."
  • icon"It is a great way to receive money from people you are selling to or working for. Not everyone carries cash."
  • icon"Fast, Safe, and Secure Transactions. Best invoicing solution for those who are running an online store."
  • icon"I have trouble filtering and export just want I need."
  • icon"I have several customers who have had trouble completing payments but once they trouble their device it is easy."
  • icon"The lack of customization. Compared to their competitors you really can't change the look of the invoice."

Browse all PayPal Invoicing Reviews

• Have you used PayPal Invoicing and would like to share your experience with others?

Akande

A great invoicing solution for business

Overall, PayPal invoicing is a great tool that is included with your PayPal business account, meaning there is no annual fee or monthly fee associated with it. It allows you to track on-app and off-app payments as well which is nice.

Pros

PayPal's invoicing offering is exceptionally easy to use and learn. I transitioned from another product to PayPal invoicing and was impressed with the robust features, customizable options and overall performance of the application.

Cons

There are some limitations around payment options and allowing multiple payments on a single invoice. You can make a deposit, but no features or functionality around milestone payments for example, which would be really nice.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

FreshBooks had a nominal cost for essentially the same functionality, so it made more sense to make the full switch to PayPal.

Suprisingly flexible invoicint tools

Just saw the option one day by pure chance, tested it and it worked great. I immediately got out of Quickbooks after.

Pros

Before PayPal I was paying for Quickbooks. Then I found PayPal Invoicing which has all the features I need, it's easier to use and it's free.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. My use case is pretty simple: create invoice, send invoice, mark invoice as paid. Maybe a more demanding user would have something to complain about.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

Quickbooks is more complicated and you have to pay

Obrian

Industry: Civil Engineering

PayPay Invoice Is Incredible

My overall experience with PayPal invoice is great I use it a lot day to day sending my customers the even tip me 50% of the time because I always enable that feature along with partial payment to customers I do business with over a period of time

Pros

Where to start with how much I love PayPal invoice, as a business owner who always sending out invoices to customers I should say PayPal invoice is so so incredibly that it’s revolutionary it as every thing plus it’s free doesn’t matter how many invoices you create in a day it’s free, another feature I love is how you customers can tip the seller that’s awesome and another feature which is incredible is the partial payment options which the sell can control on his terms that’s magic If the seller I trust the buyer the seller can allow partial payment to the buyer PayPal invoice is genius

Cons

What I least like about the feature is nothings it’s really great PayPal really put in a lot of work in this feature for sellers which to me is great and any one review something bad about PayPal invoice is lying through their teeth….

It’s easier and better

Ashley

Simple Invoicing With a Lot of Busy Work

I used PayPal invoicing when I got started with my online business, but I quickly realized I needed to scale up to something different. After a year of dreading my invoicing solution, I moved on and set up something that works better for me.

Pros

PayPal's invoicing feature is free, so that puts it ahead of most of the competition on the market. But it also offers a pretty simple system that doesn't mesh well with complex operations with lots of products on offer. Retyping invoice items quickly becomes tiresome.

Cons

There are no customization options, no backend to add frequently added items to your invoices. For example, selling candles online in 4oz, 8oz, 12 oz, get ready to add each item by hand instead of being able to select those values and customize as needed for that invoice.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Invoicing

I left PayPal for Invoice Simple.

Jessica

Great for getting started

Pros

This was very easy to set up. It was the first invoice software I ever used.

Cons

Over the years, I started to enjoy other payment processing platforms more than PayPal.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Invoicing

Because it was free. Although I ultimately switched to Square for my invoicing needs.

Kaycee

Excellent tool for starting a new business!

Pros

From the ease of creating a new invoice, to the ease of keeping track of open, closed and past invoices, Paypal Invoicing gives you the tools that make payments for your business easier. The invoice can be as descriptive as you want for your business because they have all the options there if you need them but you can also leave it vague if you don't have all those details which is different than other platforms that force you to fill them in. This is a tool that takes the stress off of invoicing.

Cons

The fees can seem a bit hefty, but you know they are there when you go in so you make peace with them and realize the fees are the worst part, but all the best parts make it worth it.

Ashlee

Best Invoicing for International customers

I have been using PayPal Invoicing for well over 5 years to invoice my International customers as it is worldwide known and my customers feel confident in paying their invoice through PayPal.

Pros

Most of my International customers prefer to pay through PayPal and invoicing them is very easy using PayPal.

Cons

I have run into only a few occasions where a customer's invoice landed in their junkmail.

King Leo

PayPal invoicing review

Invoices will be effectively and quickly pay. With PayPal, you can set the date on which these invoices create at a specific time

Pros

It sends and receives payments in swift. Up to date amounts of fund are shown in the PayPal account. Can be connected to you payment cards.

Cons

Its services are limited to some countries. Its charges are too high

Lila

December 2021

Good option for quick online invoices

Pros

It's great how easily it integrates with my PayPal business account and I can create custom invoices and select from templates. Speeds up the billing process

Cons

Overall, PayPal's fees are expensive and the app is very limited as well.

Angelica

December 2021

Information needed for Paypal Invoicing

I love the easy accessibility.

Pros

Everyone knows about Paypal so they aren't afraid of possible security breach.

Cons

PayPal offers more fees then other competitor softwares.

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Invoicing

Others weren't as mature as paypal initially, paypal is still easiest and quickest to use. We're always comparing alternatives pretty closely. Paypal still has best terms. Other APIs are more flexible, and all allows for simpler customization. Paypal has more recently made some improvements to their developer API. Also they've dramatically sped up the website, which sort of makes the easy-to-manage stuff even easier. They've increased the number of ways to get money in and out, including adopting many customer suggestions such as immediate transfers. If you're selling direct to consumers in 2019 you may want to consider another payment service that is a bit more behind the scenes, but be prepared to invest more time in testing and maintaining it.

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are. Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Alisha

Great for online business!

I personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

PayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.

Jessica

PayPal Invoicing For Small Businesses

This program has been a game changer for my small business. It is easy to use and a great tool for tracking sales trends. I highly recommend this for any business looking for an easy way to send invoices directly to customers.

Pros

The best features of PayPal invoicing are the ability to customize your invoices, the sales insights as well as the ability to store your customers contact information in one location. Being able to customize invoices has allowed my customers to have a clear understanding of each product and service they are being charged for. This is a great option for small businesses, home based businesses and any business that operates online using social media.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have about this software is that it can be hard for the older population to use. I found that I need to explain to them that it may be a PayPal invoice but they do not need a PayPal account for them to pay that invoice. Most of the time they understand after I say that but sometimes they are still confused. I would recommend creating language for your customers that explains they are able to pay these invoices using a debit or credit card.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Invoicing

I chose PayPal because it is a well known nd well respected financial organization. I was looking for a way to make customizable invoices while providing my customers with a secure way to process their payment.

Linda

Excellent Solution for Small Business Owner

I am now able to manage custom orders in one place from invoice creation through product shipment. That is a huge help to me. Previously, I had to generate manual invoices and email them out, wait for the check to come in the mail and then take my product to the Post Office for shipment. I save so much time doing my invoicing through PayPal and I save money on USPS rates.

Pros

When I started my handcrafted jewelry business in 2016, I had no idea how to charge people for custom orders, how to manage shipping for those orders or how to keep the documentation all in one place for ease of tax reporting. I did some research online and decided to try PayPal Invoicing. That was a great decision! I'm easily able to set up a new invoice for custom work within just a minute or two. Once the invoice is paid, I can easily create the shipping label in PayPal. I love having one platform to handle all aspects of my custom orders.

Cons

I attempted to set PapPal up for another one of my businesses, but kept having an issue. The customer support available was not as helpful as I would expect. In the end, I went with a different solution for that particular business. I was not able to determine why my request to add PayPal for another business kept being rejected and I did not receive a response at all from customer support. I gave them 3 stars for customer support because there have been other instances where they have provided great support, so it's not a complete loss by any stretch.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Invoicing

After reviewing a number of options, I chose PayPal for its simplicity. My husband and I do have another business that we operate with Stripe. Comparing PayPal to Stripe, PayPal wins every time. So much easier to set up, so much easier to use.

Eleni

Easy to use .

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Mostly from the reviews.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

Reviews and personal experience with the service.

Nessma

Industry: Publishing

Paypal Invoicing so easy to use

I'm overall satisfied with Paypal Invoicing, and I use it all the time. Despite its few disadvantages, it's still the most feasible invoicing software.

Pros

Paypal Invoicing is user friendly and doesn't require any special skills to learn how to use it. You can start your invoicing immediately whether you intend to use it for one or two invoices or for mass invoicing. Everything on the platform is self explanatory, and the end result is efficient and convenient for both the sender and the receiver. One of the best features is that you don't have to repeat anything. All your customers' info and emails and your products info and prices are easily saved for multiple invoicing no matter how many you have. Another important feature is that it handles different currencies, has separate shipping pricing, and taxes.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Paypal in general is their technical support. One of the least helpful customer support ever online. If you need any help, you must call. Otherwise, you won't get your problems fixed no matter how small. Another thing is the extra fees when you and the person you're invoicing aren't in the same country. It's unjustified in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

Quickbooks didn't have a Paypal option, and that's the favorite paying method for most of my clients.

suman

Paypal Pay Fast everywhere

Paypal Invoicing has always been one of the closest since its inception.No matter you are a big business or a mid side or small size business or even if you are an individual,they got something for everyone which really shows how caring they are for one and all.Best in business to sent or receive payment without using huge pile of papers.create invoice in few clicks and get paid , one can easily edit invoice as per the needs and the smooth transaction\ experience they provide is unbeatable.Will have more in days to come as even API also comes for all.

Pros

What I really like about paypal invoicing is no matter where you are sitting ,just get your money reach you in the superfast way by spending a minimum time to create a invoice in few clicks ,which one could ever imagine. I thing paypal invoicing change the complete picture of global financial industries and it established themselves in such a way that people or business cannot think of any other else or any other name except PAYPAL for doing business ,whether it sending or receiving money with a invoice or accessing multiple currencies in the easiest form,its completely unique ,even the API functionality its amazing .

Cons

If I compare to other big competitor in the business , I fee like they are not doing or spending to much on the advertising part because this is one of the best medium and how could they are limiting themselves in the advertising part .I think they are not trying to give a imagination which others are taking advantage like working with advertisement in 5D,6D or 10 D.which they need to look into and I want it from payal to show who they are .create imagination for people.

Kim

A great product for client convnience

Has been seamless so far, and worth the small percentage Paypal retains for processing a credit card. Easy to create invoices, manage invoices, and to transfer payments directly to my business bank account. Clear re4cords for tax purposes.

Pros

Creating invoices for services is made more convenient for them by sending Paypal invoices. I generally email clients a detailed accounting of time spent and services rendered, then follow with the simple Paypal invoice. They're happy with the job,. They see and understand the specifics of their bill. They can easily pay with credit card immediately. I generally get paid faster and most clients prefer the fast and easy way to settle their bill. I also get reminded by Paypal when an invoice has not been paid, so I can follow up with the client to see if there's an issue with the invoice, or to arrange an agreed payment schedule if they are unable to pay in full.

Cons

Some clients think they need to have a Paypal account that has been funded by transfer of money before they are able to pay through Paypal. It is sometimes necessary to instruct them on how to use the "pay with credit card" option. Would be nice if Paypal made this clearer on the payment interface.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

Much higher fees and security requirements involved in having a way to process cards myself. More work involved in both creating and sending invoices. Much easier to let Paypal take care of all the new security certification requirements and automated features.

Simple, powerful and mobile invoicing

As a Small Business Consultant, Bookkeeping, Full Service Payroll and Income Tax Preparation are just some of the services I provide to small businesses and self-employed independent contractors. I require the ability to invoice my clients in various ways in accordance with the terms and conditions defined in their specific retainer contracts. PayPal Invoicing fits my needs so well that I have chosen to use it instead of invoicing features included in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Wave Accounting, Freshbooks or any other accounting software solution. Best of all, using PayPal Invoicing in conjunction with my PayPal for Business mobile app and PayPal Business Card has enabled me to eliminate the delays in receiving payments from my clients that result from all of those other options.

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, submit and track. Default settings and multiple templates can be configured for easier invoicing and recurring invoices can be setup too. Get the PayPal for Business mobile app and a PayPal Business Card and you have the absolute quickest process to invoice your clients/customers and receive payment immediately, from anywhere. No more waiting days to receive a deposit into your bank account. As soon as your invoice is paid, you can withdraw the funds from an ATM, request a cash withdrawal and pick it up at your nearest Walmart, or simply pay for goods and services directly with your PayPal Business Card.

Cons

Multiple options for payments terms to choose from, but no custom option available. For example, standard terms like Net 30 available, but no way to enter custom payments terms like Net 5 (nothing fewer than 10 days available).

All about convenient payment method

It is very easy and convenient to use.

Pros

It's a website and application I've used for a year and will continue to use in the future. It instantly links your bank account for overseas purchases and allows you to pay with just a few clicks, making life a whole lot easier. It is really safe. I highly recommend it if you're seeking for a quick and convenient way to transfer money or pay online.

Cons

The only cons you may encounter is the account verification which requires documents that indicates your complete address and your name on it. Bills are used for this, however, if you are living with your parents and the name indicated in it is your father's or mother's name or anybody from your family, it would be harder to verify your account. In order to get this process easy, make sure that you have a document to use as proof of your address with your name iprocndicated in it like bank statement.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

Transactions through Paypal are more secured, and the fees are lower.

Bryant

Love the invoicing

Pros

The customization of invoices is great. When I train clients back to back, I can just select a template that I did, type their name and their info populates for me. Just hit send and you're done!

Cons

I have no complaints. It's easy to use, and I get my money with no issues.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Invoicing

I got tired of calling Quickbooks to find out where my money was. It was rejecting my payments from clients for no apparent reason. Paypal is easy and I get my money on time. When I transfer to my business account, it just takes a day and I have it.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Invoicing

The invoicing on Quickbooks caused so many transaction issues for me.

Easy Money Transfers

I have the Paypal debit card now, which I have been using as my food/ingredient purchasing business card. I transfer êxcess funds to my checking account. No problems with the card thus far.

Pros

Having a very small business, food truck, it is crucial that I save as much money on services as I can. Paypal is free for me to use and pennies on the dollar to transfer funds to my bank account. Paypal comes in handy when collecting deposits for catering gigs. I can simply email my customer an invoice and they can transfer the 50% deposit directly to Paypal. This saves me time, which is equal to money, by not having to physically meet my customer to retrieve my deposit. Plus it saves me a trip to bank. Frees up a lot of time I need for food shopping and prep.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes a hassle and large transfers take longer to process. I suppose its a security thing, but I have been a customer of theirs for over 5 years and should have a better understanding of my pattern of transfer amounts.

ASHLEY

PayPal Invoicing made my business transactions simple!

My overall experience with PayPal Invoicing has been very satisfying. It has saved me a ton of time in processing invoices and payments with my constantly revolving personal training client contracts.

Pros

What I like most about the PayPal Invoicing software is that I can electronically send an invoice to a personal training client within minutes. I have many clients weekly and they are all on different contracts. There are 2-week, 30 day and 45 day contracts. Therefore, I need to be able to quickly create and send new invoices to clients as their contracts expire. PayPal Invoicing allows me the opportunity to renew invoices from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The only issue I have had with PayPal Invoicing is when I first started using the product, my first client payment was placed on hold for a week, because it was a large amount and they needed to do an additional verification process. That was definitely an inconvenience to my business.

Seba

Premium conversion program

Great experience, and I advised my friends about it, and it was done for them, and they really liked it for easy use.

Pros

Everything in it is wonderful and special. Easy to use I can transfer to any friend who is present with any Another country, and I can change the currency to the currency of the country to be converted to. I can buy from any international brand and pay by PayPal I can enter all the bank cards I have and determine the payment of the bill to a company or a family member, which is special because transferring to a friend other than a company is different to pay tax, which is very good. Conversion and receipt speed A special program of everything.

Cons

I don't have any negatives, and if I find out, I can communicate through my customer assistance phone number, and I've really been through it, and the problem has been resolved immediately. There's nothing negative.

PayPal Invoicing