• Pros

• "It has a great user interface to work effectively. Easy to manage projects and resources effectively."

• "It really helps to organize the projects and the teams that work on them. I highly recommend it"

• "I especially like the customer service. They are so attentive and very helpful. "

• Cons

• "I recommend this for small projects but not for large projects. It's great but could be some limitations when applying for larger scale projects."

• "Avaza is a good project management tool and team communication. But it needs more improvement in team management and googles docs integration."

• "I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition. "

Browse Avaza Reviews

Juliana from WR Digital Marketing

Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place

Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros

The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons

Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

Simon from CyberOn Ltd

An excellent, intuitive, and easy-to-use project & task management system

Right from the outset, the sales process and demonstration walkthrough made the decision to migrate to Avaza easy. Avaza's importing process enabled us to export tasks from our old system and import into Avaza. Avaza's support is very responsive - and they've even made changes based on suggestions from me.

Pros

I have used a raft of alternative task & project management SaaS (software as a service) solutions. Additionally, I have trialled around 15-20 different task & project management SaaS solutions. With out a doubt, Avaza is the best solution I have ever used; it is intuitive, easy-to-use, very responsive in speed, has a great smartPhone app to compliment the web-based system, it integrates with Xero (for accounts), and has a raft of sophisticated features and views (Kanban-styled boards, Gantt Charts, task lists, priority views, status views, etc, etc etc!). The features we don't as yet use include Estimate and Invoicing creation, but we may well move to using these too.

Cons

A great SaaS solution and I think if I was to want to additional features added, then one would be chat integration (currently comments are available, but no chat). And the 2nd would be an enhanced file management facility, whereby you could upload to a File Repository/Folder, tag the image, assign it to a project, rename the virtual file name, and move it to another folder for housekeeping.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

User interface experience, modern framework, task creation/update speed, simplicity but with superb functionality, support, and price.

Stijn from Vydraulics

Industry: Industrial Automation

Collaborative Project tool

Avaza helped us to overcome our geographic distribution. Vydraulics is an organization that is spread over several countries using different project management tools. Being easy to use and cloud based, we could integrate Avaza very easy in our organisation.

Pros

The cloud based software is very easy to setup and learn to team members. It's easy to get an overview of the project using lists, gantt or kanban views. Tasks are easy to plan and follow up. Furthermore the timesheets are well integrated into the software. The collaboration with internal and external (customers/suppliers) people is well designed and easy to manage.

Cons

It is not so easy to track a project purely on time parameters. Sometimes it requires complex project reporting to get time based (lead times, estimated versus tracked time) parameters the way you want to have them. The reporting is however very extensive, so you will find your answer. If not, you can always get help from the Avaza support.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Avaza is focussing on project management. Many other tools try to be much more than that and as such are overloaded and heavy/difficult to use. Project management tools should decrease the workload for the project manager and project members. Avaza does this perfectly.

Sarah from Pendant Creative

Functional but not a perfect fit

Pros

I liked the clean structure of Avaza, and the budget features. It's a good option for a business who doesn't rely heavily on project management to drive their productivity. Their customer service was very helpful though when I was letting them know we were going in another direction and they genuinely seemed to want to know what was driving our decision.

Cons

We run a marketing/PR based business, and we were looking for a one-stop-shop project management and back office system. While we knew that was a long shot, we tried Avaza for several months and even gave them a second go when our current system wasn't doing everything we needed as well. I would have liked to see Avaza have different dashboard customization views so we could tailor the system to be more project centered instead of a financial view upon logging in. Since we use a different billing and accounting software, this data on our dashboard would remain blank and the dashboard wouldn't even be utilized. Also by the time we added all of our employees and contractors to have timesheet accessibility, we would have been paying a lot more in extra monthly fees than we were looking to spend. It just started really adding up for us when other software companies offer these options within their pricing tiers.

Response from Avaza Software

Replied August 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for your feedback. Avaza rolled out a fully customizable account dashboard some time back. User can add and remove dashboard widgets as they wish. We plan to add to the widget library over time. As for pricing, we believe Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market.

Megan from Kager Brewer Construction, Inc

Best Bang for the Buck!

Being able to accept payments directly from invoices is invaluable to our small business to ensure that we get funds promptly. Although the free trial is a bit limiting, it gives us a chance to try out the software without having to spend money which is vital to our growth as a company/

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep track of different projects by sending invoices, utilizing the time sheet feature, and being able to bill for time. It allows our company a streamline approach instead of the cumbersome way that we used to utilize Quickbooks.

Cons

We are currently only using the free trial as a test-run to ensure that this product will suit our business needs.

Grace from Self-employed

Great project and resource management tool

I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros

I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons

The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

I needed time tracking, resource management, and project planning in the same tool – without spending hours setting up formulas to connect each of these things to each other.

Giles from Freelancer

Industry: Graphic Design

Best project management system out there 5*

Really good on the whole. Love the fact that I can estimate, proj manage and invoice from the same system.

Pros

It's a complete solution and shares most of the best features of it's competitors. The fact that you can not only project manage but also use it for account keeping is a game changer. Very reasonable pricing too. Best product on the market be a LOOOOOONG way!

Cons

I use the estimates to generate my projects. If you have to make changes to the estimate (eg. client asks for something additional within a project) you cannot update the project you created and have to make a whole new project and then manually update any time you have captured against tasks. Bit painful that.

Better solution. Accoutn keeping features Better pricing Better trial terms

Nupur from 108 Ideaspace Inc.

Easy collaboration and Time tracking

Its been very helpful. We are able to easily collaborate without clients and all information sits in a centralized space.

Pros

Timesheet feature (Billable vs Non-Billable tracking) Extensive reporting Task allocation

Cons

I am satisfied with what this product offers. My suggestion is that we should have the ability to assign tasks to multiple users.

Maria from Primorosa Language Solutions

Industry: Translation and Localization

All-in-one solution

Pros

Avaza has everything that I could possibly need for my small online business: timesheets/time tracking, team scheduling, project management and invoicing. I am still discovering new feats and getting used to it. I love it so far. Beautiful, clean interface and it's easy to get the hang out of it.

Cons

So far I have not encountered any Cons, but I haven't used it long enough. Will keep exploring all of its capabilities.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

It brings together a bunch of functionalities that would otherwise be offered by two or more products (like invoicing and project management)

Project management done right

So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros

Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons

Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Pros

Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Cons

Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

Santiago from El Brunch Show

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros

One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons

It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Cameron from Needham Solutions

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go! The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features. I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons

Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Cost for the features and ease of use

Lauren from Buffalo 7

Streamlining studio processes

Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros

As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons

This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down. As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

Rachel from RJ Brook Consultants

All the basic project management needs for a reasonable price

Very easy to use. When in doubt or have questions the support team is very helpful and responds quickly. The live demonstration was very useful and helped answer a lot of my questions.

Pros

I liked that I could have up to 10 users included in the $39.95USD per month fee and that additional users were only $5USD per user per month. You get all the features for a set monthly price and it is extremely affordable and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing that Avaza did not meet in my expectations was the ability to integrate timesheets with QuickBooks. Otherwise, Avaza ticked a lot of boxes that other companies did not.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

It had all the features I wanted, especially the seamless integration with QuickBooks without the need for a third party software all for an affordable monthly price. You can have up to 10 users before you need to pay for additional users and additional users only cots $5USD per user per month whereas other companies charge anywhere from $10-$20 per month. Definitely more bang for your buck. The system is easy to use and meets the needs of basic project management.

Jitendra from Redflix Media Pvt Ltd [PowerPoint Geek]

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.

Pros

We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply. PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Cons

No Cons. Really good online software. We have tried many other and found this to be the best. So no cons at all.

Justinas from Law firm LINDEN

Avaza works great for law firms

We have moved to Avaza from the model were we used much more expensive PM software and our own billing software. Super happy about having everyting in one place

Pros

We were struggling to find a PM software that would have decent billing capabilites. In Avaza billing functionality is on par with dedicated billing services, furthermore it is fully adoptable to any language (i.e. we issue avaza invoices in lithuanian language)

Cons

Time input could be easier, on the other hand, as vast majority of our projects are billed by fixed fee arrangements, the reason maybe be that we just didn't use it that much.

Gemma from GEM Design Studio

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros

Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons

I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros

1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable. 2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget. 3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites. 4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help. 5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons

I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

Andrew from Nordson MEDICAL

Industry: Biotechnology

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Pros

Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons

At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

The structure of our projects can be modeled more appropriately in Avaza than could be done in Harvest. The gantt chart feature in Avaza was a big seller as well as the ability to attach files other than in the expenses section. Cost.

Jonathan from Freelancer

Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it

Project management and client management

Pros

I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

Josh from WR Digital Marketing

Keeps you in the know every step of the way

We use Avaza to coordinate with multiple freelancers around the country and world, and to keep track of both projects and invoices that we send to clients. Previously we were using two programs to do what Avaza is doing, so this has been far preferable.

Pros

There are lots of ways that Avaza has helped our small business (I know for a fact that it has made a HUGE difference in the amount of time it takes to invoice, for instance!). For my own personal use, though, what I probably like best is the notifications sent straight to my email - including the fact that I can directly access finished projects/documents from those emails. It may seem like a small thing, but this is a huge time-saver when I'm receiving multiple projects on a daily basis. It also serves to keep me on track and aware of where things are in the pipeline.

Cons

"Offset days" for recurring projects is a bit confusing, and I wish that there was a way to remove collaborators we are no longer working with.

Maria from Mission Lift

Best time tracking and invoice software for small consulting firm

Avaza has made time tracking of team members and creating invoices much more efficient for us - before we were using Excel and manually making our invoices. We have been using Avaza for about 4 months now, and it has made tracking time so much easier. We now use the reporting function to make sure we are not going over the project's budget and hours.

Pros

I searched through so many different software platforms to use for tracking time and doing invoices - this one could achieve everything our small consulting firm needed - everything can be customized - hourly rate versus project rate, you can change the info in the invoices pretty easily. Not only was Avaza the best price compared to all the other options, but it also had the best features for our company . You can also separate tracking time by client and by project - a feature needed as a consulting firm, but a feature

Cons

I wish the reports could be a little bit more editable - adding in additional foot notes, because we invoice all of our clients in the system, but when consultants want to invoice our company to get paid, they have to create an invoice outside of the system.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

All the other systems were either 1) way too expensive; 2) they only did invoicing or time tracking but not both; 3) lack of detail in invoices (i.e. couldn't have more than one project on one invoice); and 4) does not allow you to track different clients and projects - it can't distinguish client or project apart

Debra from Freelancer

Tried over a dozen resource management tools and chose Avaza

The more I use Avaza, the more I like it and the more I can see us using additional features. It's been positive and we're glad to have chosen Avaza over the many other options out there.

Pros

We are a 10 person creative agency and were looking software to help us manage our schedules and resources. We wanted a clear, intuitive interface that would allow in-app communication and file sharing, color-coding to distinguish clients, a calendar view by team member or project view, a tracking of hours against total project budgets. The customer support is fast and friendly.

Cons

Setting up projects and tasks takes a bit of time, but there are robust reporting options that are worth the input time. I also wish that when, on the team calendar view, you dragged a task from (for example) four days to three days that the total hours would stay the same but be spread over a new date range rather than the driver being the number of days with hours/day locked.

Jasmine from Taskit

Awesome Gem!

Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros

I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Hanno from hannoschmidt.de

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros

It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons

It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

It has more features.

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so productive!

I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Pros

I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza. I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for! After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates. Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

bhavesh from SACPL

Industry: Civil Engineering

EASE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Pros

easily manage multiple projects and their tasks, very happy with the interactive UI and the team got hold of it pretty quickly. Also, the task notifications are received by the team member instantly on email. The pricing is good compared to its features and definitely stands out from its competition.

Cons

no way to use offline on pc as its an online web based application

August 2016

Brendon

August 2016

Excellent, full of features and inexpensive.

I've been a web development contractor for 5 years. Software for project-planning, time-tracking, invoicing... believe me I've tried them all. Avaza has all of the above rolled into one software. The monthly subscription is pennies compared to what I was spending on multiple other softwares and the time it took to move information around.

Pros

Avaza is simple, clean, and intuitive. Time tracking is stolen straight from Harvest, time items are straight from project management tasks, and invoices are inherently customizable by populating from tracked time or manually entering expenses. There is also recurring invoicing and online payment links. The Avaza team is always rolling out some new features and honing the UI, plus email or ticket support has been at most an hour delay.

Cons

I used to have a small list of cons, but I sent them as ideas to the Avaza team and they actually built what I needed. Awesome.

Excellent Tool for Project Management!

Our agency has multiple teams members that work from home, are in a "satellite office" or are traveling for meetings. Having Avaza we're able to all communicate in one place, keep track of projects (and therefore keep them moving quickly) and easily see progress and/or hold ups with a project.

Pros

Avaza is super intuitive, easy to use, organized and has a visually appealing interface. It really seems that the designers of the software made the User Experience their top priority, which helps make for a simple and efficient daily use.

Cons

While there are some issues with Avaza, they're all very minor. Simple things like limited viewing options for time sheets, the inability to assign tasks to multiple users, and the limited templates.

David from Abacus Web Services

Very well featured, value for money project manager.

First class in every way.

Pros

I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service. I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Cons

Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

Angel from Kre8tivetouch inc

Avaza user

Great experience all in one capabilities

Pros

It does exactly what I need it to do when collaborating with customers

Cons

Everything is great nothing to dislike. It offers all I need!

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

It has all in one functionality

Karla from Paper by Karla

Great for my needs

Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Cons

Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

Cheaper

September 2016

Leonda from Running Start Partners

September 2016

Very User Friendly!

I was searching for a project management software and combed through several of them to see which one best fit my needs and landed on Avaza. It had everything I needed. The ability to create projects for my clients, send them invoices, upload documents, communicate with my clients on specific tasks and much more.

Pros

The best feature is that it is very user friendly, great user interface. I needed something that would be easy for my clients to use more than anything and it gave me that.

Cons

There are no any cons that I can think of at this time. The only thing missing is the ability to actually create a proposal document that my clients could review, sign electronically and pay. Avaza has a quote or estimate feature which is really awesome but if I could also get those features I wouldn't have to use any other products such as Adobe Sign. Overall, the best online project management tool out there - hands down!!

Amy from Substratum Consulting

Great features and pricing for small startups

We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Pros

This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Cons

I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.

Jean-Sébastien from Idhéa Marketing web

Saves us so much time

It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.

Pros

Fast and convenient billing Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything Convenient time entry Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings Does automatic billing Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Cons

Could improve a little bit the customer data so we could also use it has a basic CMS. Could automate the report sending for weekly KPIs and check-ups.

Scott from Ion Concert Media, Inc.

Strong platform

I had given up the search to find a platform that combined project management and timekeeping. Avaza offers that combo with much more robust features and flexibility than I had expected.

Pros

After two years of searching for a timekeeping platform to compliment our production management platform we happened upon Avaza. It compares fairly well with Asana and ClickUp, especially considering the lower price point. But what it may lack in super fancy project management features it more than makes up for in the timekeeping functions. We are still newbies to Avaza, but so far we really like what we see.

Cons

We have found *most* of the reports we have needed and found them to be quite helpful. That said, a few more dashboard widgets and more reporting functionality would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

We were shopping for time keeping platforms. When we saw that bundled with project management we were hooked.

Katie from Katie Cartwright Photography

Industry: Photography

Project and Client Management with Invoicing All in One Place!

Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email). Since I'm already tracking projects here it makes since to also include my invoicing in the same place. My clients are informed every step of the way and can view and pay invoices from the same place. I believe it is helping me create a better client experience and their customer service has been fantastic!

Pros

I love being able to manage and collaborate with my clients in one place. It's easy to track my time and expenses and then add them to their invoice. They can view project progress, leave comments, and view and pay invoices. On my end I can easily see tasks in the order they should be done according to their due dates. It's ideal for my job as a private photo editor.

Cons

Avaza has the tools I need but I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see in the future. For one, the dashboard isn't interactive, so you can't actually click on anything and go to that task - it's just a snapshot. I also wish that there would be more options for notifying clients when project status changes to started and complete. Currently I leave a comment to notify them when things are done.

Kevin from Precision Solutions, Inc.

Fantastic product, even better support

Pros

The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Cons

Time is calculated out to 4 decimal places but they don't always show all of the decimals, which can create some goofy reports. There is an option to round the time for billing and reporting but often times we would prefer to adjust the time up or down rather than simply round.

Decio from Liquid Consulting

Industry: Industrial Automation

Avaza

I would say It's a nice software. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Pros

Easy to use, integration with other softwares (Expensify, QuickBooks), simplicity. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Cons

It's missing few features that could be interesting: Team Schedule could be visible not only for admin, on TimeSheet (for and its not visible start/end time)... and few others

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

The overall result is better, team decision.

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

A simple and powerful client and project manager.

I just love the simple easy to setup approach. I can set up and start using the software within days, and there are no learning curves. I just used their project management and time tracking which is great. I can recommend my customer/user to use this service so they can simplify their task. I am still trying this and getting some awesome result.

Pros

Simple and clean setup is what I can set up easily. I like the simple wizard just in front of me and all the process updates are in front of me. The UI is clear simple and just workes as they should be. I love the minimalistic and to the point menu of it. Menu structure is also just in front of me, no more finding or take a note for just a menu. And yes it really does what it tells even in the free plan it is so much initiative then others I have tried. Project management and Time tracking are what I use most of the time and just workes. I am happy that I gave this a try.

Cons

Reports can be improved. I am not very comfortable with the report features. I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject.

Takashi from Orient Strategy

Industry: Market Research

Great looking app, simple and intuitive

After looking at several apps, Avaza had an integrated solution that was simple and intuitive, and it's actually affordable. No complicated function add-ons, no over the top services. Definitely the top pick for start-ups like us and still has the functionality you need to run things on a bigger scale!

Pros

Look. Feel. So easy to use. We love how creating projects and organizing is simple and intuitive, yet leaves room for customization. The timesheet is easy to use since we don't have to tie in every single entry to a task prior to starting. The report options offered as default were helpful too! We have powerful visualizations without having to pay additional for the same thing. Other apps offer similar or even better reports, but with a hefty price tag.

Cons

- Would have liked to assign multiple people to one task. - The task status only offers "not started", "in Progress", "completed", but would love to have a completion bar (i.e. 60% status completion) - Customizable reports? Would be nice.

Response from Avaza Software

Replied October 2017

Hi Takashi, Happy to inform you that you can now enter a percentage complete on tasks, and it is visible in all Task views. :)

Quintus from Oxygen Marketing Systems

Avaza is absolutely amazing

The software is really amazing in that I have used it for so much more than what I initially anticipated. I now use it for recurring invoices too and managing support contracts. It is so easy to use overall

Pros

The huge list of functionality and ease of use. Great set of standard reports. The software replaces a few other tools - project management, financial, timesheets, tracking expenses, reporting

Cons

I feel the project scheduling part of the software can be enhanced and the Gantt Chart view. That does not mean that it is not useful - it just does not work easily when the plan changes or for advanced scheduling

Aziz from Education Management

The perfect solution for managing freelance projects

Pros

I would say that one of the best features Avaza offers is the project management feature. It was really easy to use and had allowed me to visualize the progress that was being made in each project.

Cons

Avaza is such a great software and it included way more than what I was expecting. But I think it would be better if the developers provided more frequent updates for the mobile app.

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Other invoicing tools did not offer the option to get paid on Payoneer. Most of them were offering PayPal as the only way to get paid while Avaza is an official Stripe partner and is also integrating with Payoneer.

As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive

Pros

Quick to set up. True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually. Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Cons

Still some work to do, but we'll keep station: Can't for example progress invoice and easily see what's billed/what's left to bill, and you can't add true supplier costs and sell on as margin (they have to be added as expenses which isn't the right method in PM). Also, for the 65%+ of colour-blind males out there - once you reach your 8 hours, the schedule changes to 'Full'. So far so good. However, go over 8 hours and it changes from green to red - which is extremely difficult to interpret at a glance if you're red-green colourblind. Some UX refinement required here. What makes this harder is that the number then changes to how many hours 'over' your 8 hour day you are rather than showing either a '-' against the number, or more appropriately just continuing to add up the hours you need to do on that day. We're sure these are niggles that will be ironed out as the product develops.

Josh from Vendor Centric

Excellent and affordable project management tool

This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget.

Pros

Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cons

There are some features that do not currently exist in Avaza, such as the ability to send automatic overdue invoice reminders and the ability to apply detailed permissions to external/client users, however Avaza seems to be working constantly to improve the system and will take your input into consideration when documenting feature requests.

Lukasz from LAD CAD Solutions, LLC

Great first impression, tons of features and functionality in reasonable price.

Great project tracking with tasks well organized, time tracking against tasks and very nice reporting as well as exporting data and importing.

Pros

I like that I can create project structure with sections, tasks and sub-tasks. All tasks can be tracked against time and completion and shown in nice gantt chart. Add estimates for each task Rich and custom reporting Assign users to tasks and add followers Capability for clients to have access and see progress of their projects Uploading files adding comments

Cons

It seams to take few extra clicks to start timer against task, like select project task and so on. I wish there was better integration with google drive. That dashboard is not be customized to user needs.

Response from Avaza Software

Replied February 2018

Hi Lukasz, Thank you for your review! I noticed you mentioned that it takes a few clicks to start tracking time. You can use our timer (shown at the top of every screen) to start tracking time with one click. We also support attaching files from Google Drive to your Tasks, Task Comments, Estimates and Invoices. Thank you again for your review, and for any clarifications, please contact support@avaza.com :) Nida

Cheryl from Biz Latin Hub

AVAZA highly recommended!!!

I am the General Manager of a developing business in Lima, Peru and we have now been using the AVAZA time and expenses recording system for the last 9 months. Both myself and my team have found that this system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. From a managerial perspective, this system has improved the efficiency of our time and expenses recording, as well as the generation of key reports and monthly invoices issued to clients. The system and the reports available have the opportunity to be developed further and the AVAZA team have been excellent in taking on board our feedback and personalising the system in accordance with our needs. Overall, I would highly recommend this system and support team to any small to medium sized business!

Pros

Ease of use, the availability of management reports and the efficiency of invoice generating & tracking.

Cons

Some reports can be improved or developed, but the AVAZA are supportive of assisting with the same!

Response from Avaza Software

Replied December 2016

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your review and feedback! Just wanted to let you know that you can now pay for your Avaza account using a Paypal account :) Have a great day! Nida

Ahmad from AC

The Perfect Project Management Platform for Small Businesses

Migrated to Avaza from another larger PSA cloud platform, and amazed at the ease of use - the workflow and intuitiveness is on a whole different level and there's really no handholding needed to figure out your way around Avaza. It's really designed for small teams that need a project management tool to loop the whole team together but not be bloated with so many other unnecessary 'extras' that you wouldn't use. This also translates to a very affordable and value for money subscription plan that's clear and provides everything that you need. My only (very minor) complaint is that the mobile app is not a native app and so it's a little bit unwieldy to use (eg pressing back on the phone messes up with the Javascript loads). Apart from that, the team has been using Avaza for nearly 3 months now and are very satisfied with Avaza's simplicity, intuitiveness and adaptability. Keep it up, Avaza team!

Pros

Very easy to use and responsive support team. Quick way to record time and match against items.

Cons

Mobile app is not native. Task swim lane view breaks the screen going sideways.

Aaron J from DesignWorks Group

Great software for basic job/project management

Great, cheap tool for basic job and project management.

Pros

First, Avaza has great customer support. I never waited longer than a couple minutes for a response. The price is incredibly affordable, and the features are great if you're using Avaza as your main job/project management tool.

Cons

Avaza, while customizable within itself, doesn't always work well with other systems/software which is only a problem because it's not in-depth enough to eliminate all other software. I wouldn't really call the software customizable as much as you just have a lot of options you can choose from. If you run a lot of different software that needs to tie together, Avaza may not be the way to go.