• Pros

• "I liked how simple it was to operate. Touchscreen features work well, and the interface isn't difficult to understand from using it the first time. "

• "I love the detail and hard work that was put into this software. The built in FTP feature is a huge plus. Being able to make custom rules for each element is perfect and well thought out."

• "That everything is in one place for each client, and there are several methods to get to your end point. "

• Cons

• "There no copy rule button. This makes putting together a large show tedious. "

• "It's not live. I wish you could monitor inventory as you make good spots, enter orders and not wait until it's processed by one user since many hands are on it daily. "

• "A lot of the updating required is manual, including the time of day. If one thing is not updated - it can honestly ruin your entire schedule of the air. "

Browse WideOrbit Reviews

Aaron from Impact Radio Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

WOAFR is the best Automation there is.

My overall experience with W.O. is a very positive one. Absolutely fantastic customer support as well. I would not use any other Automation in today's world.

Pros

Cons

There no copy rule button. This makes putting together a large show tedious.

Jennifer from Mid-West Family Broadcasting

Industry: Broadcast Media

Decent product for radio streaming

Overall, the system worked well, once we adjusted fire and changed to meet the system's requirements to our needs. It couldn't be done the other way around though, which was a little disappointing. But in the end, it was an easy to use system.

Pros

This product trafficked out streaming on it's own, so that users did not have to worry about placing commercials in the correct spots on a completely different set of logs than terrestrial. That saved time, and was fairly simple to use for setting up campaigns.

Cons

It was difficult to make the campaigns work in the way that the sales manager wanted it to. We would end up with dead streaming air. So we had to change the method to impressions which was not what we were prepared for. The reports system was also not set up for auto reports, that we could tell. Customer service did not seem to know if that could be done. So reports were difficult to read, to the new eye, and had to be pulled manually.

Complicated but once you get the hang of it you can find the hacks

I've had my good days and my bad days with this program but I've learned to be a bit more savvy with this program that helped me weeks to months down the line.

Pros

I really like the features in which you can save different settings/formats for future use like when puling revenue reports to look for client spend. It's a lot to process in terms of the use of it but the more you use it the more you see different ways to make future use much easier for yourself.

Cons

I did not like how data being pulled from the program can be inaccurate. As a coordinator that assists with order insertion, unless IOs are specific to the tee, there will be many different options/settings in the order that will be defaulted. This can be difficult if in the future, a sales executive or client needs to pull data from previous orders submitted.

Used Wide Orbit at Initial Release

My overall experience is bad. I found myself trying to work around the program rather than with the program. I do not recommend it.

Pros

I have little good to say about Wide Orbit. I used it when it debuted and for several years thereafter. In theory, it does a nice job of maximizing gross rating points and offers good reporting functionality.

Cons

The problem with Wide Orbit is how clunky and bug-ridden the program is. It would crash without warning. It would take forever to fill breaks. It would not place spots, yet it wasn’t clear why the spots weren’t placing.

Aaron from Entercom

Intuitive, easy to use but not great for remote voicetracking

Overall, WideOrbit is an effective, easy to use program that allows some deeper features and configurations in radio broadcasting. I would more more than happy to work somewhere with this program in the future.

Pros

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software was how clunky and OUTDATED the remote voicetracking software feature is. There's no uniform program available to track into other stations in the program, making the "workaround" program standard. NexGen was far superior in this category.

Cody from Radio Carlisle

Wide Orbit is definitely User Friendly

Using Wide Orbit saves A LOT of time when scheduling music and I also really and appreciation the knowledgeable customer service team.

Pros

Wide Orbit is pretty easy to learn the features of once you are trained. Touch screen is available and it connects with a few different platforms to merge into one system. Working in radio, this system is probably the easiest I've used to play music, sounders, etc over the air. Also, if needed, support is easy to get ahold of no matter what time of day.

Kathryn from Morgan Murphy Media

Tracking your Orders and Inventory

It's efficient and intuitive. Makes my job easier.

Rebecca from KOAA

Convoluted when used with other software

Pros

There is a little bit of a learning curve with WideOrbit, but once you are familiar with the features and have gone through the order process a few times and run a few reports, it becomes second nature.

Cons

Currently I am using two instances of WideOrbit going through a company transition, and I don't like that you can't have both instances open at once. I have to go into our old WideOrbit, close it and then log into our new WideOrbit. I also don't like using WideOrbit in conjunction with other software, particularly AdBook. Going back and forth can be annoying.

WO from an AE

Pros

I like the fact that you can copy orders, it saves so much time!

Cons

If you didn't have to copy a line, because the date is in the past of an order you copied, that would save time.

Jasmine from Philadelphia 76ers

WideOrbit Review

I got use to working with WideOrbit so it made it easy for me to work through my day.

Pros

WideOrbit has many functions and it was easy to pull spreadsheets from the software.

Cons

WideOrbit was super confusing to use at first but once you get a hang of it then it becomes a little easier.

Bulky

Order tracking system

Pros

It gets the job done, centralized location for advertising orders. Can be used for digital media and broadcast tv

Fairly straightforward, easy to revise orders, keeps track of billing

Pros

Wide Orbit serves as our billing platform for both tv and digital orders. It is easy to revise orders.

Cons

It is difficult to revise order items from previous months as we cannot adjust the billing. Also it takes a while to get new products added to the platform.

Once you learn the language, consider yourself a pro.

Pros

This program helps mostly eliminate our carbon footprint, using a digital platform for advertising orders.

Cons

The language and workflow of the program can be tricky to grasp at first. However, once you spend the time learning, it quickly becomes much easier to understand.