• Pros

• "I like the fact that you can copy orders, it saves so much time!"

• "I liked how simple it was to operate. Touchscreen features work well, and the interface isn't difficult to understand from using it the first time. "

• "I love the detail and hard work that was put into this software. The built in FTP feature is a huge plus. Being able to make custom rules for each element is perfect and well thought out."

• Cons

• "Very hard to train someone on, takes a good 6-12 months. There are so many different ways to get to the end result, complex. "

• "There no copy rule button. This makes putting together a large show tedious. "

• "A lot of the updating required is manual, including the time of day. If one thing is not updated - it can honestly ruin your entire schedule of the air. "

Browse WO Rep Reviews

Aaron from Impact Radio Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

WOAFR is the best Automation there is.

My overall experience with W.O. is a very positive one. Absolutely fantastic customer support as well. I would not use any other Automation in today's world.

Pros

Cons

There no copy rule button. This makes putting together a large show tedious.

Bryce from Nexstar Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Complex, Complete, and Competitive!

Overall I believe it is an amazing tool that allows companies like the one I work for to manage tremendous amounts of data, invoices, documents, commissions, and who knows what else, with respective ease. There is so much that goes into managing network media, and I cannot imagine how it would be possible without a powerful tool like WideOrbit!

Pros

There is a reason they are the best in their space. This software works very deep and extensive. The training offered by their program is intensive and involves a lot of time. I feel I am getting another degree! That being said, this software does the job. NO QUESTION. Once you have command of how to use it, it is an amazing piece of work. Our team manages large amounts of data through this program and without it I can only imagine the degree of work that would be required to do the same job manually.

Cons

This was the most complex onboarding / training task I've had in my years. I'm sure many people feel that this is clear and easy, but for me it was the most challenging part of my job so far. I do believe that I will learn to be fluent with it's commands over time, but the learning curve is significant.

Not the Best Option Out There

Pros

I like that the WO Platform can offer a bunch of different options-- I can find all the information I need--pretty much lays it out.

Cons

It's incredibly slow! Maybe it's just our building, but it takes forever to just get one thing done in the program.

Jennifer from Mid-West Family Broadcasting

Industry: Broadcast Media

Decent product for radio streaming

Overall, the system worked well, once we adjusted fire and changed to meet the system's requirements to our needs. It couldn't be done the other way around though, which was a little disappointing. But in the end, it was an easy to use system.

Pros

This product trafficked out streaming on it's own, so that users did not have to worry about placing commercials in the correct spots on a completely different set of logs than terrestrial. That saved time, and was fairly simple to use for setting up campaigns.

Cons

It was difficult to make the campaigns work in the way that the sales manager wanted it to. We would end up with dead streaming air. So we had to change the method to impressions which was not what we were prepared for. The reports system was also not set up for auto reports, that we could tell. Customer service did not seem to know if that could be done. So reports were difficult to read, to the new eye, and had to be pulled manually.

Complicated but once you get the hang of it you can find the hacks

I've had my good days and my bad days with this program but I've learned to be a bit more savvy with this program that helped me weeks to months down the line.

Pros

I really like the features in which you can save different settings/formats for future use like when puling revenue reports to look for client spend. It's a lot to process in terms of the use of it but the more you use it the more you see different ways to make future use much easier for yourself.

Cons

I did not like how data being pulled from the program can be inaccurate. As a coordinator that assists with order insertion, unless IOs are specific to the tee, there will be many different options/settings in the order that will be defaulted. This can be difficult if in the future, a sales executive or client needs to pull data from previous orders submitted.

Cody from Radio Carlisle

Wide Orbit is definitely User Friendly

Using Wide Orbit saves A LOT of time when scheduling music and I also really and appreciation the knowledgeable customer service team.

Pros

Wide Orbit is pretty easy to learn the features of once you are trained. Touch screen is available and it connects with a few different platforms to merge into one system. Working in radio, this system is probably the easiest I've used to play music, sounders, etc over the air. Also, if needed, support is easy to get ahold of no matter what time of day.

Aaron from Entercom

Intuitive, easy to use but not great for remote voicetracking

Overall, WideOrbit is an effective, easy to use program that allows some deeper features and configurations in radio broadcasting. I would more more than happy to work somewhere with this program in the future.

Pros

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software was how clunky and OUTDATED the remote voicetracking software feature is. There's no uniform program available to track into other stations in the program, making the "workaround" program standard. NexGen was far superior in this category.

Kathryn from Morgan Murphy Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

A program that is mulit-level

Because I've been using it for 13 years I can't imagine any other program. It's so finite and intricate.

Pros

It keeps our inventory as well as our orders and revenue in one easy to gather place. Everything reads to the next, plus other software programs can read to it too.

Rebecca from KOAA

Convoluted when used with other software

Pros

There is a little bit of a learning curve with WideOrbit, but once you are familiar with the features and have gone through the order process a few times and run a few reports, it becomes second nature.

Cons

Currently I am using two instances of WideOrbit going through a company transition, and I don't like that you can't have both instances open at once. I have to go into our old WideOrbit, close it and then log into our new WideOrbit. I also don't like using WideOrbit in conjunction with other software, particularly AdBook. Going back and forth can be annoying.

WO from an AE

Pros

I like the fact that you can copy orders, it saves so much time!

Cons

If you didn't have to copy a line, because the date is in the past of an order you copied, that would save time.

Bulky

Order tracking system

Pros

It gets the job done, centralized location for advertising orders. Can be used for digital media and broadcast tv

Jasmine from Philadelphia 76ers

WideOrbit Review

I got use to working with WideOrbit so it made it easy for me to work through my day.

Pros

WideOrbit has many functions and it was easy to pull spreadsheets from the software.

Cons

WideOrbit was super confusing to use at first but once you get a hang of it then it becomes a little easier.

Fairly straightforward, easy to revise orders, keeps track of billing

Pros

Wide Orbit serves as our billing platform for both tv and digital orders. It is easy to revise orders.

Cons

It is difficult to revise order items from previous months as we cannot adjust the billing. Also it takes a while to get new products added to the platform.

Once you learn the language, consider yourself a pro.

Pros

This program helps mostly eliminate our carbon footprint, using a digital platform for advertising orders.

Cons

The language and workflow of the program can be tricky to grasp at first. However, once you spend the time learning, it quickly becomes much easier to understand.

Used Wide Orbit at Initial Release

My overall experience is bad. I found myself trying to work around the program rather than with the program. I do not recommend it.

Pros

I have little good to say about Wide Orbit. I used it when it debuted and for several years thereafter. In theory, it does a nice job of maximizing gross rating points and offers good reporting functionality.

Cons

The problem with Wide Orbit is how clunky and bug-ridden the program is. It would crash without warning. It would take forever to fill breaks. It would not place spots, yet it wasn’t clear why the spots weren’t placing.