All GlossGenius Reviews

Fadel

January 2023

The most important and powerful tool to support emerging projects

By using this tool, we can carry out professional business management through an easy-to-use application with multiple features and wonderful tasks that will play a key role in the success of any special project, the most important of which are professional and practical marketing tools and in very easy ways from a technical point of view, so there is no need to worry about mastering work on it.

Pros

One flat fee plan at $24 per month for all features, regardless of team size.The ability to manage everything from an application on the private phone, easy to use, and from anywhere, you can keep the administration as if you are at the head of the work team.Synchronize your calendar directly with the calendar on your phone so that you can see personal data mixed with personal appointments.The ability to store notes about customers and access the history of previous payments, in addition to the great feature that they offer, which is that you can add customers that you have stored in your phone's address book and book them.Ease of managing and supporting the basic inventory, storing the product with the price and description, and issuing reports periodically regarding everything related to inventory management.The possibility of obtaining very detailed analyzes and reports for the total commercial activity.It supports email and SMS marketing campaigns, in addition to a great feature for me, which is the segmentation that allows you to filter the group of people you want to target with your marketing campaign.

Cons

Despite the many features in this program and the easy and beautiful interface, it lacks significantly flexibility and has some complications. I also noticed that the technical support regarding helping to manage the team is somewhat weak.Other than that, I do not see anything wrong with this tool, as it has provided me with most of my needs in a wonderful way.

Malary

March 2022

Gloss is the BEST out there!

I’ve been using this app for two years and don’t know how I ever got along without it. It has streamlined my business and makes booking and checking out clients so easy! It also helps me with the analytics of my business which is a game changer! I love Gloss and wish I had started it sooner!

Pros

I love Gloss for so many reasons, but mostly because it has changed my whole business for the better! I love the organization and the smooth booking process from start to finish!

Cons

Everything is amazing! Nothing really to complain about

Reasons for choosing GlossGenius

This is more streamlined to the beauty industry and had more features I can use.

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

My other checkout software was useless compared to this one, I always had outrageous random fees, and it was not worth anything.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Malary! We're so happy that GlossGenius was able to change your business for the better! We also love to hear that our analytics are doing their job! Excited to hear about more of your success in the future!

zachery

Industry: Cosmetics

company who does not care what you have to say

the only things they care about is money...they only make new features or new things that only provide them wiht more money in their pocket.. they do not take your suggestions for impairments and new features unless they can make a lot of money with it.. if you want a company that will no longer just add features that simply help you out this is not the company for you.

Pros

I am so upset with company i am not even going to tell you all the things it can do lets skip right down what their failures in the con section

Cons

3 plus years using this app and they just don't care about you.. they say they do they say they listen they dont. I have friends who refuse to use this system because you cant control where people book appointments. unless you want move apts clients book all day and night long to a spot that best favors your schedule so you can maximize your day and profit. the person if you can reach them does not care she does not inform the people who do matter what you need the app to do.. I want to make it so thta clients can only book a all over color at 10am,12pm,2pm,4pm... why becuase my all over colors are are 2 hours long and i can get the most out of my this way.. instead pepole book at 1030.. now i have to move you to either 10 or 12... now i get a call of why did i do that i would rather have 1030... well if they di dnot even know that 1030 was an option then i would not even have this discussion. I can even explain to them how to do it.. I was one of the first 1 or 2 people to use them and spoke with developers on what features to add and they did within one day or two... now after 3 years of telling who ever this is that responds to message... the feature is still not done...

i used them for the past 3 years.. options where limited.. and now they are not

Josh

October 2022

GlossGenius is Gold

This makes managing my schedule so much easier. It’s a simple interface that is easy to edit and update when needed. I love that I can set my availability and clients can book online. This hands off scheduling. capability is awesome. i love getting notifications that someone has booked online and it didn’t require me to do anything at that moment! It’s nice to have all my clients info gathered in one place. It’s also great that it’s with my calendar so that I can easily set appointments on my own or contact clients if I need to get ahold of them. This is a great setup for my salon as I’m sure it would be great for most salons and spas everywhere.

Pros

Cons

There isn’t result anything that I don’t like about this software. But if I had to say I liked something the least, it would be that I’d want to incorporate my own payment processor into the system so I could maybe shop around and get a better rate.

Reasons for choosing GlossGenius

I liked the overall look of the software/app and it had all of the features that I wanted for a price i that was reasonable and fair.

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

Wanted something that was a little more client friendly and easier to manage my availability.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Josh! We are so happy you are enjoying the platform. We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Though I can't promise that this change will be available soonest, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from wonderful beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Jen

Look no further

Over all it has been absolutely amazing. The transition was super easy and customer support helped with anything I needed. I love that every main function a business could need is included in the price.

Pros

SMS reminders included, next day payout, customizable website, multimember calendar, confirmation texts for clients, absolutely the best customer support, amazing pos system

Cons

Would love a waiting list and if the calendar would stay open for all employees. Slight hassle to remember to check everyone’s calendar when it’s defaulted to whoever is logged on. Deposits would definitely be a great thing to have. Also, when booking clients during the same time, some times one of the appointments gets hidden behind another one.

Reasons for choosing GlossGenius

Clients loved the ease of Glossgenius. They didn’t have to download anything

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

(Price) I was being charged for every little thing such as texting clients reminders or appointment confirmation. (Unreliable) the system would not always text clients even if I paid extra for texts The system would some times crash and delete appointments Getting payments took almost a week to actually deposit into my account Customer support was mediocre to say the least.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your feedback with us. You can reach out to our support team at support@glossgenius.com we would love the opportunity to share with you a few ways other professionals have accomplished this. Thank you again for your feedback! :)

Kendall

February 2022

GlossGenius is the best assistant!

GG is my favorite tool for my business!

Pros

GG fully automates my business in an easy to access way, so I have time for myself and my clients still feel connected & fully supported. The features are customizable and simple to use. The company continues to update and grow based on real customer feedback. Plus my clients are continually complimenting my system!

Cons

GG is always updating and improving. Adjusting the gift card feature to be customizable would be helpful!

Reasons for choosing GlossGenius

As a beauty professional the website’s visual aesthetic is important to me to provide a memorable and easy guest experience. GG’s focusing in on the beauty industry makes me feel supported, and their commitment to growth and simplicity has kept me with them for 3 years.

Response from GlossGenius

Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform and having more time for yourself! We value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. While I can't promise that this update will be available in the immediate future, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from awesome beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Replied February 2022

Adrienne

Best Booking Site Ever!!

I have tried other services and this one takes the cake! All-inclusive, User Friendly, Timesaving--need I say more!?

Pros

I love being able to check my analytics which update daily. My website is super user friendly, the reminder/confirmation texts and emails are time saving! I can see whether my client has confirmed or not so I am able to follow-up easily! The follow-up emails are amazing, they have a personal touch that I didn't even realize was happening at first, but my clients let me know how personal it felt to them.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't love! Seriously!

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

The features I wanted were extra and I felt like I was working too hard to use the program.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Adrienne! Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're loving the platform! Our professionals' feedback such as yourself inspires us to strive more so we can give the best :) We appreciate you!

Anne

August 2022

GlossGenius is a breeze

Overall the experience has been great!

Pros

I love that this company is positivity focused and sends inspirational quotes every time I book someone in person. Learning how to use it has been very simple.

Cons

I wish I could customize how it looks. While the black background is very stylish, many of my clients over 50 have a hard time reading the screen. I also wish GG had a cancellation list feature.

Reasons for choosing GlossGenius

Price, user interface, is for clients to book

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

Booksy is garbage. They bought a very user-friendly software company and destroyed all the effective parts. They gave my entire client list to a competing salon for email marketing and their only response was a legal email saying they bore no responsibility. Never responded to my reply email.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Anne! Thank you for the great review, we are so pleased you love GlossGenius. We are working on getting you all the features you need to prosper as a professional.

LaKeisha

November 2022

Love this booking system

I LOVE Gloss Genius. There are a few drawbacks but I still LOVE the system and have recommended it to other businesses.

Pros

I love the ease of use for my clients. I also love the reports and analysis that I can run to help inform my marketing strategy and what things I can change.

Cons

I wish I could make edits on a computer and not just on my phone. It would be so much easier. Additionally I don't like that I can't add additional locations. I'm now working from two locations and am faced with paying for another Gloss genius account or switch completely to a system that allows multi-location functions.

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

I was getting way too many spam appointments from Booksy and that was a completely turn off and waste of my time.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi LaKeisha! We love having you as a customer and supporting your business. We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Though I can't promise that this change will be available soonest, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from wonderful beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Fiorella

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

My business wouldn’t be the same without it

I have been rubbing my business smoothly And effectively with it. My clients LOVE using it and there’s nothing better than those to serve being the ones who ENJOY the experience from booking to checking them out after a service has been completed!

Pros

The ease of use! Also the community that comes with it! If we as hairstylist’s make a suggestion they listen and implement the suggestion!

Cons

Nothing! There’s literally nothing i have complaints about!

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

Gloss genius was more aesthetically pleasing.

Tatum

Great, but needs work.

It’s been fine. Wouldn’t use again but for what it does offer, it’s great. Just lacking in so many areas that it doesn’t fit mine or a lot of the beauty industry needs. Which is a bummer being that it’s made for the beauty industry.

Pros

Pretty user friendly, good price, some decent features you can’t find elsewhere.

Cons

No option for selling packages. Have to enter them as retail but that messes with taxes come tax time. Could enter as a service but either way there’s no keep track of them and have to do it manually in notes. Very little options for editing messages that go out to clients. It automatically tells them to call to cancel/ reschedule. Some business don’t take calls and are online only. I’ve had to hire someone specifically to direct people to website to book/cancel/ reschedule. Option to reschedule can only be don’t after cancelling. Too many clients reaching out asking how to reschedule. Again I am paying someone to explain to them that they need to cancel first, and then reschedule. Some don’t want to cancel in the event the new time is not available. So they have to book new appt then remember to go back and cancel. Sometimes they don’t do so and I end up with a spot that could have been booked. I need to charge them for it but feel like I shouldn’t because honestly rescheduling and cancelling should be totally separate features. It is a great service but unfortunately lacks a ton of key features that would be extremely useful and make things easier for business owners. Super bummed but hoping I can find a service that can cater to beauty services more efficiently.

Not sure really.

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

It was cheaper and seemed like a good fit. Quickly found that it did not offer many things needed in the industry.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Tatum! Thank you so much for your review- we sincerely appreciate your insight and feedback here! You can reach out to our support team at support@glossgenius.com and we would love the opportunity to discuss further. We appreciate you.

Savanna

Why you need Gloss Genius in the beauty industry

the only thing I’m not satisfied with on gloss is a card on file for my clients, they need to put a card on with sufficient funds. Because if not I can’t charge a no show fee and that doesn’t protect me. And the tip screen is too small.

Pros

Gloss has so many great things about it, when I wanted to give it a shot I appreciated that they offer a free trial! It’s customizable to help reflect who you are and what your business is about. It’s very user friendly for clients and for the user! One of my fave things is the confirmation notifications clients get!

Cons

More customization is all I would ask to be different

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

Gloss is more specific to my business

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Savanna! Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform! Please reach out to our support team at support@glossgenius.com we would love the opportunity to discuss any input that you have for us :) We do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from awesome beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Candice

February 2022

The best and only software you’ll ever need.

Pros

The community of support I’ve received. I’ve never felt alone as a solo entrepreneur.

Cons

Nothing!! The GlossGenius team works hard to make sure that what the users want, the users get. It makes running my business so easy.

Response from GlossGenius

Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the platform and loving the community! Please do not hesitate to shoot us a note at support@glossgenius.com if you have any questions.

Replied February 2022

Ameryssa

Time saving!

Best customer service and very aesthetically pleasing!

Pros

Time is money and this software has saved me SO much time! It’s like having an assistant who will schedule clients, remind me of my appointments, notes, and more! I love everything about this software!

Cons

I would love the ability to add photos to the notes.

Reasons for switching to GlossGenius

Vagaro was too expensive, and squares site was so boring looking I hated it.

Response from GlossGenius

Hi Ameryssa! Thank you so much for your review - we are so happy to hear that you're loving the platform! We genuinely value each professional's feedback, and I've passed yours directly to our team. Though I can't promise that this change will be available soonest, we do expand GlossGenius directly with feedback like this from wonderful beauty professionals such as yourself! :)

Britt