• Pros

• "It is easy to customize and easy to use. And the big plus is the app. My client was very happy to learn that she will be able to manage her bookings from wherever."

• "Integration was very easy to setup. Synchronisation with google Agenda and the mobile app are an asset. Good pricing flexibility."

• "It is fairly easy to use as administrator and we have young and old using it with not too many issues. User friendly therefore. And Quick. "

• Cons

• "We don’t use google calendar so interface with real calendar is a bit clunky however this should be resolved with the mobile application. "

• "Not so strait forward when configuring, but support is always just an email away."

• "Customer service terrible. Just get told to watch a video! "

Browse Salon Booking Reviews

Matteo from AVIS Comunale Catania

Great plugin

After COVID19 we need to shedule and limit the access into our structure. Thanks to the plugin we have solved all the users' waiting problems, guaranteeing them distance and safety

Pros

I like the versatility and ease of use and setting

Cons

it can be improved in the back office interface especially when using the multi-shop add-on

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Thank you, we hope to improve the back-end for multishop as soon possible.

Yasmina from YY Webdesign

Exactly what my customer needed

Pros

Cons

I won't say they were things I didn't like.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

To have a third option and I wasn't disappointed. The app sold it for me :)

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your review

Sally from Sedone Method Facilitation

Excellent - for customers and for running my business

As I said above, it wasn't just that clients loved it, it was that it made it so easy for me to organise my schedule. Every day, my list of appointments appeared on my Google calendar and if I needed to check when a client has last visited, how many appointments they had had, it took just a couple of minutes. Now I am setting up a new business and I never even though about using an alternative booking system.

Pros

This is all I needed to know: when I had my massage business (pre-Covid), clients would say that they choose me because it was son easy to book. Or they would just spontaneously complement me on the booking system. It's a very flexible system. For example, I set it up so that I could make more slots available to regular clients (by using categories for my services), and I always had 15mins between clients and I could change this any time I needed to. When it came to applying for corona, I could just download as CSV file to show all the bookings I had had to cancel - this made it so easy.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind - I can't think of anything at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

The support is excellent and I could set it up to do everything I wanted it to do.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Thank you very much for your feedback, if you find any kind of possible improvement please report it to us.

Frans from 058nu

Salon Booking support needs to listen to the customers

Overal it works but we need to tweak the usage and keep an eye on updates to be sure everything is still working. So the software isn't working like expected. Same count's for the way e-mail forms are setup. It's very basically and not able to customise the look of the mails to company designs.

Pros

When we started using the software it looks handy, but in real there is a lot of trial and error when new features are developed. I think this shouldn't belong on life software usage, but for instance on a user group that like to test beta software.

Cons

I don't like the way errors and problems are handled, most of the time SB is telling me that other plugin are causing the issues. But it's not honest to say that you need to use a Wordpress website without general plugins that solves security issues and protect your website for hackers. I'm now waiting for over a year to solve issues with the mobile app, so employees can make bookings with the mobile app. Besides that i don't like the settings for timeblocks, e.g., when set to one hour, customers are only able to make appointment at e.g., 9.00 or 10.00 AM instead of the starting time 8.30 AM so only on whole hours. Thats a bit stupid in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

At that time it fit our company needs, without knowing that development and solving issues wasn't like we expected

Reasons for Switching to Salon Booking

That product wasn't developed anymore

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Hi, thank you very much for the time you spent for submit your experience with our software. Your considerations are very valuable to us as we can use them for our software improvements. Just to share with the readers of your review we want to add some more information. Salon Booking System is a WordPress plugin and not a stand-alone software so the chance to see some conflicts with other plugins is ( unfortunately ) in the nature of WordPress environment. WordPress has countless plugins and guarantee a total compatibility with all of them it's impossible for every kind of plugin authors. Many times you need to choose your priority. We strive to limit the number of this kind of cases but we cannot succeed 100%. In your case we provided all the support possible, answering to all your requests up some days ago and in many cases you confirmed that some of the issues you reported were fixed or simply doesn't exist. Anyway I repeat, we need this kind of feedback, positive or negati

Guy from IT Place

Very good app

Very good - support is very reactive

Pros

Cons

When an upgrade of the app is done, you need to be sure the connexions are not broken, and that all components (mobile and backoffice) are upgraded. Also, the agents (massages etc) accesses need to be enhanced, very tough to convince agents to use the backoffice.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Miguel from Tariweb

A lot of issues

I dident like the software. A lot of issues, its better to use a Saas and pay more but with any problem.

Pros

Its very cheap, and its very easy to implement in wordpress.

Cons

Its very inestable, and I lose all the data in 3 times.

I dont

Reasons for Switching to Salon Booking

They dont have any problem or issue in their software.

Erna from Hambleden Tennis Club

Booking system for more than just hairdressers

Very helpful support and it basically does what we want for booking tennis slots on our courts. I am not that technical and for me to be able to change services, add services and things like that is great.

Pros

Cons

I would like to see less text in the confirmation upon booking. And it syncs with Google supposedly both ways but that doesn't somehow work for us. Also Google shows up a lot of text when hoovering over it so it is confusing to see where the availability is if there are 3 or more bookings in a day.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the review! If you are having trouble synchronizing with Calendar write an email to support@salonbookingsystem.com

Jaap from Machinery

Solid product, great support

Easy system, very reliable.

Pros

It’s a really easy solution for booking reservations with lots of modification options to suit your business. Support is really good and fast, and open for suggestion of it’s users.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think about.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Hi, thank you for your precious review

Martin from LTI OU

Salon booking

Overall expiriance is 4/5

Pros

Easy to use even for end user and very good support

Cons

Some addons didnt work with other plugins.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Thank you!

Adam from GFC Tech

Excellent value for money and works well,

So far the form has worked very well, reolving the issue of having clients waiting for appointments especailly with the Covid-19 rules in place. Being able to overcome the issues with getting clients booked in to appointmets and having a reliable accessible booking system on the website.

Pros

The integration with WordPress has been seamless and also the installation was easy to carry out. Customer support has also been superb.

Cons

There is a couple of features I would like to see added, it would good if you could make it easier to mark days that assistants don't work rather than having to creat rules.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Hi, thank you for your review. We will try to improve according to your indications

Josephine from Urban Fringe Hair

Excellent salon booking if you run your own site

Salon booking WordPress plugin allows a client friendly booking experience online, integrates with sms and email reminders etc. It really solves a lot of our problems. You would need to be a bit au fait with WordPress but the support is out there. I was very happy to find it after searching a long time for an acceptable online booking system. After a couple of years I started paying which allows online payment, but this is more to support the developer. Prepaying hair appointments is a bit of a minefield however we can take a deposit only, which has reduced no shows and encourages new clients to call and talk to a person instead. Shift workers like nurses love it. Calendar integration is the only hiccup but we bypass this by receiving copies of messages sent to clients and manually update calendar from there however the mobile app might resolve this for us. Highly recommend for any salon managing their own site.

Pros

Easy to install and configure on WordPress. Good support. Free unless you want to accept payments or support the developer. Good integrations - messaging and payments. Frequently updated. Good customer experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

Many reasons but the prime one was the customer ‘journey’ or booking experience.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2019

Hi, thank you for your precious review. We'll try to improve the lack of the plugin as soon as possible.

Flexible and comprehensive booking solution

this is a somple solution that integrated straight into the website we built. Paretns can choose the subjects that they want to help their children with and are then able to see what slots are available, book them, get an instant confirmation and pay for the lesson in advance by card (there is the option to pay cash on the day). Everything is automated and does not need to be manually assisted. Overall and excellent soltution.

Pros

Low cost of entry. To get the booking system up and running and seeing how it will work was simple and we were able to take the leap without worrying about the cost. Has many of the features of expensive system, so you dont feel that you are missing anything. Adding PayPal to take payments from the booking system was easy, although that is a chargable feature. Actually using the solution day-to-day is simple enought.

Cons

The solution is clearly geared towards hairdressing, spa treatment business and the like. As we were looking to set up a tutoring buisiness, it felt that there were some compromises to be made. In reailty, we have manage to achieve most of what we were looking for - a lot of the differences were down to terminology. Maybe some templates for different types of business might help. Installation is easy but setting up the rules can be a steep learning curve. Not everything is in the menu that you expect it to be, so as an admin it can be tricky to start. Takes a couple of passes to get a grip on how things work.

Lorenzo from Beautiful Butterfly Center

Easy to use and very useful plug-in, a revolution for your sales! Best Customer service!

Finally, we are able to fully manage our agenda and our relationship with the customers effectively, even from home or from the mobile phone for example when we are closed. It allows us to increase sales in a very satisfactory way, 24 hours on 24

Pros

Saloon Booking is the best plug-in for managing your online bookings. Since we introduced it, we have doubled our sales. Also, the customer service is always very helpful and accurate. Really a huge thank you to Customer support representative for being so helpful and kind. It's amazing! In addition, new releases are always frequent and every time, there are novelties that improve the product.

Luke from Clockwork Escapes

Does precisely what it advertises and does it well, being adaptable to other industries.

Pros

Well priced and adaptable. I am able to use it to run an Escape Room business and it tracks rooms and assistants perfectly, with a very easy to understand back-end.

Cons

I would have said the lack of a voucher system was a big downer (and paying for the addon element was not something I had any desire to do), but now that this is included, I struggle to think of any cons. I have been having trouble updating Salon from within Wordpress, having instead to do it manually, which is a hassle. That's about it.

TATIANA HAAS from Online Media

Industry: Online Media

always improving

Pros

It is possible to customize a lot of things according the client needs. Each update improves the system and make the plugin better to use. The support is helpful and always available.

Cons

I didn't have any big problem. All small issues I had was solved contacting support.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied November 2020

Tamas from Nisa Thai Spa

Does the job just fine, hustle free

Pros

Easy to set up and operate, can be customized pretty well, plenty of options available.

Cons

Can't offer 2 payment methods to choose, for example pay deposit or pay in full. Can't block 2 practicioners for 1 service, which causing overbooking sometimes.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

cheaper price, beter control over data

Steve from Advent Communication S.L.

Exactly what we needed

We have implemented a salon booming system for two different shops that operate under one roof - a barber and a beauty salon. We expect to add a hairdresser shortly, and that will now not present an issue - should be seamless.

Pros

The features meshed perfectly with our requirements - and, as we needed an extra feature, it turned out this was an add on that was included with our licence. With guidance from their exceptional support we got this working easily.

Cons

Some of the features were slightly counterintuitive - but this is more a case of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing... my expectations of how something should work were not correct... once I read the manual (really!) it all made sense.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

We are a salon that needed a booking system - we didn't look any further than this option - and I'm happy we didn't.

Roy from DasGeestig

Getting better and better

Saved me a lot of time developing my own!

Pros

- One of a kind- so far nobody but you has come up with this solution - Front-end is user friendly, fast en clean

Cons

- After every update, the plugin is disabled and I have to enable it again. - And, in the past, big things (like language strings) were totally changed- without announcing

DANIEL from Natural Fit

Happy Personal Trainer

Pros

The functionallity suits my needs. Easy to use when set-up is clear. Support is 6 out of 5 stars.

Cons

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your precious and kind review.

Tomi from Wetreysjawoima.fi

Excellent software to manage bookings, daily work schedule and payments.

A daily work list for staff.

Pros

We needed an all around solution to new salon. This was the only one which offered all the things we needed. Simple for customer, even easier for assistants and staff. No hassle on setup or with Google calendar sync. Minimal effort on Admin side, staff can use it themselves. Excellent customer support, friendly and helpful. We also did get custom fix for out needs.

Maria from Beautynest

Industry: Cosmetics

Not satisfied at all

Experience. Now I know what are my requirements with a booking system.

Pros

Salon software doesn't offer any benefits compare to other booking softwares except that for Salon you have to pay a lot of money.

Cons

I was very excited and happy after one month of trial version to start using Salon booking system on my website. Unfortunately very soon I had to realize the Pro version is not yet so professional than the trial version was. I had a lot of issues not getting confirmation emails after a client booked an appointment. Then my client did't get confirmation email about her appointment. You also offer in the program that client get a reminder 24 hours before the appointment. In the beginning it was working well, but very unfortunately it stopped working as well! That was very disappointing.Problems again... My website designer was contacted you several times but we hardly saw any changes. This was extremely disappointing sinds I just started my own business few months before and I thought investing in Salon booking system was a great investment. I absolutely regret paying so much money for your program it caused me quite a lot of trouble with clients and looked very unprofessional. Instead of getting a discount I would prefer to have a refund!

Joerg from C¿B¿N ¿ Carmina Beauty Needs (swet.ch)

It's easy to use and for our business the best! Now Discount are included, that's great.

Pros

Easy to use, SMS functionality, Discount functionality included. Frontend easy to use. Great support.

Cons

Frontend Font a litle to big or not easy to control. SMS registration works not so good sometime. Not posible to set discount in backend for clients. Not posible to make mailings for selected clients.

cailey from Geknipt by Cailey

Industry: Cosmetics

Good but some kind of things that i mis

It is good but I’ll miss the option in the app to block time out for the day, for example private appointment or time that i won’t use

Pros

Is easy in use but they have an app. That is what the most like about

Cons

Easy to use, you don’t have to be a smart person to understand the software

Response from Salon Booking

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the review

Najd from SoulTech

Awesome product saved me alot of time !

Saved me alots of time..

Pros

What i like the most is the ease of use and the assistance options . booking is not a problem with this plugin.

Cons

I wish it had more customizable options so i can use it not only for Salon but also for other services

Raffaele from Raffaele Cirillo - Graphic & Web Designer

Ottimo plugin

Pros

È il plugin perfetto per chi deve gestire prenotazioni. La cosa che apprezzo di più è come riesce a gestire le prenotazioni in base alla disponibilità del membro dello staff con il tempo dei singoli servizi.

Cons

L'unica cosa che al momento trovo che si possa migliorare è la personalizzazione dell'email che viene inviata al cliente come conferma.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

Perchè è l'unico che fa davvero ciò che dice di fare senza troppe difficili configurazioni.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Thank you Raffaele, we are working on the personalization of emails.

Kharis from 2K Creative Media

Industry: Computer Networking

Simple & Smart Booking, Attract my customer with extremely easy, fast & clear booking proccess.

I bought this booking systems for my spa website customers. At first I wasn't sure if it could fit my needs. But the flexibility and add-ons fixed it all without tuching any code. I am and my customers are so happy and will request some customization further, as soon as the salon booking team ready.

Pros

This plugins is fully customizable booking form with online payments, notifications, and Google Calendar sync. Perfect responsive and Detailed Documentations.

Cons

Fully customizable look & feel of the booking form, with no need for custom coding. Customize color scheme, interface copy, steps of booking process.

John from DORST communicatie

Beautiful plugin that really works!

Good!

Pros

The extensive functionalities. In addition, extension with Mollie and several shops. Furthermore, expanding with extra fields works well. The code structure is clear and logical. We can also easily add customization ourselves based on customer requirements.

Cons

Expanding with extra fields changed during an update of the plugin. First via functions.php code, now via back-end. That caused confusion.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

The extensive functions and available plugins for Mollie and multiple shops.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Veronica from Art Classes Melbourne

Pretty good simple plugin

Pros

Easy to set up and use Clean front end design

Cons

Lacks several important integrations Weekly software update releases

Louis from Sloop Printing/Marketing

Great product, easy to use and deploy

Overall experience was great!

Pros

I am based out of the US and found this product to be very easy to use and simple to deploy for one of my clients. The price is great for what you get and having a dedicated iOS app is fantastic.

Cons

I’d like to be able to update the language used. As I am based in the US we have different spelling for words and need to be able to update this on the website.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Hi, thank you for the review. You can manage your language preferences, write to our customer service.

Samuel from Cloud Laboratories Pte. Ltd.

Great stuff, easy to setup, no problems thus far

Pros

Great UI, easy setup system. From installation till the design of the user interface, there were adequate tools developed to meet ALL my needs.

Rob from Rob Reurings Creativities

Industry: Graphic Design

Best choice

Great support, patience and it does wat is says to do: making bookings possible.

Pros

The first contact after testing was getting me on board. I tested this plugin and it was the most friendly, standalone plugin I can find for my clients. It solves most of my client cases, because it's quite straight forward.

Cons

It would be great to have a bit more easy customisable interface.

Price Easy setup App In website booking module, not external

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Thank you Rob.

Christopher from Outsourced Sales & Marketing Ltd

Industry: Publishing

Easy to setup, does what we need it to do

It was a stress free process, and once up and running I have only heard from the client once about adding a holiday slot for herself, so maybe that could be a little easier to do.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to create appointment slots, and manage staff in a simple way.

Cons

When adding appointment types it would be good to have a duplicate button or variations. Like Haircut & Blowdry - Short Hair / Long Hair with different prices & appointment lengths.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the review.

Elisa from Estudios

This is a great booking system but a little hard to set up

Easy to use booking for clients.

Pros

This software has a beautiful interface and when set up correctly really is great for scheduling and booking.

Cons

It is a little difficult to set up this software. Some of the directions aren't very clear, especially when it comes to hours of the work day.

Angie from Radiance Mobile Therapist

Great Software but room for improvement

It was awarded free to me which was fantastic. I created my whole website to work with this booking software having about 170 services, but could not fully implement it as the back sync from Google to Salon Booking is very very difficult and unable to block personal times in a simple way without going to back end of Salon

Pros

Lots of features, good pricing, great customer support. Customisation of the software good. Excellent discount code software

Cons

Very difficult to block personal time on Google calendar, this could be made much simpler. Some links like Manage my booking, do not work. JS box in General settings takes only 150 characters which is very less. Tech team had improved lot of features as I uncovered these, but still stuck improving 2 way synch in user friendly way

Rip from R.R.Peterman

I am new to using a Plugin, but this was so easy... and did what it said it could. Wonderful!

Helps me immensely to operate my business.

Pros

Installed - no problem, Settings - well worded (do watch a couple of their Help videos for a couple of options to be properly set), Customization - quite flexible, Layout - excellent structure and sequence.

Cons

Want user defined fields for customer data.

Alex from Bamayao

Thanks for the great customer help!

Pros

Its easy to understand and there are lots of video tutorials.

Cons

Wasnt sure when i had an mistake where it was. Support fixed it then.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Hi Alex, thank you for your precious feedback.

Munawar from Haarpraxis-Bremen

Benefit

very very helpfull

Pros

Since my Customor use this Calender on my website, my Life has become more easy.

Cons

Easy to use. I can configurate it according to my ows private shedule.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Bilal from unique itsolutions

Good Booking system for barbers

its helping our customers in their busniness and complaints are very low which is very good

Pros

Easy to implement and easy to understand ui

Cons

mobile ui/ux need to improve sms notification need to add for asian countries.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the review.

Yiannis from porcupine colors

Good enough

Pros

Easy to be installed. I kade it work almost immediately. I like the logic behind the software and it definitely does what it promises.

Cons

Although the people of support responds very quickly I don't get clear answers and many times I don't understand what they are talking about. They need to improve their English. The website is broken in certain places. The documentation is not enough.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your review. We will try to improve the aspects you have reported.

Claire from Claire Davis Bespoke Permanent Makeup

Terrible product

Terrible set up with Salon software. The biggest waste of money spent.

Pros

Unfortunately nothing. Tried to set up and the product I am using now is so much easier. Wouldn’t recommend.

Cons

Customer service terrible. Just get told to watch a video!

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

No, I have moved to another company as this is terrible and you just get told to watch a video to help you!

Pirmin from InterWebDesign GmbH

Perfect tool for different bookings!

Pros

It's easy to handle. it's affordable! Easy managing tools. They are working on it for even more skills.

Kai from Ava by KC

Pros

I love your able to block slots and add in holidays.

Cons

It only has one payment option , I wish it was able to do multiple payment merchants

Response from Salon Booking

Replied March 2021

Hi, thank you for your feedback. About the payments methods we have many but for the moment you can choose one at a time.