• Pros

• "- One of a kind- so far nobody but you has come up with this solution - Front-end is user friendly, fast en clean"

• "The functionallity suits my needs. Easy to use when set-up is clear. Support is 6 out of 5 stars."

• "This software has a beautiful interface and when set up correctly really is great for scheduling and booking. "

• Cons

• "We don’t use google calendar so interface with real calendar is a bit clunky however this should be resolved with the mobile application. "

• "Not so strait forward when configuring, but support is always just an email away."

• "Customer service terrible. Just get told to watch a video! "

Browse Salon Booking Reviews

Rip from R.R.Peterman

I am new to using a Plugin, but this was so easy... and did what it said it could. Wonderful!

Helps me immensely to operate my business.

Pros

Installed - no problem, Settings - well worded (do watch a couple of their Help videos for a couple of options to be properly set), Customization - quite flexible, Layout - excellent structure and sequence.

Cons

Want user defined fields for customer data.

Josephine from Urban Fringe Hair

Excellent salon booking if you run your own site

Salon booking WordPress plugin allows a client friendly booking experience online, integrates with sms and email reminders etc. It really solves a lot of our problems. You would need to be a bit au fait with WordPress but the support is out there. I was very happy to find it after searching a long time for an acceptable online booking system. After a couple of years I started paying which allows online payment, but this is more to support the developer. Prepaying hair appointments is a bit of a minefield however we can take a deposit only, which has reduced no shows and encourages new clients to call and talk to a person instead. Shift workers like nurses love it. Calendar integration is the only hiccup but we bypass this by receiving copies of messages sent to clients and manually update calendar from there however the mobile app might resolve this for us. Highly recommend for any salon managing their own site.

Pros

Easy to install and configure on WordPress. Good support. Free unless you want to accept payments or support the developer. Good integrations - messaging and payments. Frequently updated. Good customer experience.

Cons

We dont use google calendar so interface with real calendar is a bit clunky however this should be resolved with the mobile application.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

Many reasons but the prime one was the customer journey or booking experience.

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2019

Hi, thank you for your precious review. We'll try to improve the lack of the plugin as soon as possible.

Flexible and comprehensive booking solution

this is a somple solution that integrated straight into the website we built. Paretns can choose the subjects that they want to help their children with and are then able to see what slots are available, book them, get an instant confirmation and pay for the lesson in advance by card (there is the option to pay cash on the day). Everything is automated and does not need to be manually assisted. Overall and excellent soltution.

Pros

Low cost of entry. To get the booking system up and running and seeing how it will work was simple and we were able to take the leap without worrying about the cost. Has many of the features of expensive system, so you dont feel that you are missing anything. Adding PayPal to take payments from the booking system was easy, although that is a chargable feature. Actually using the solution day-to-day is simple enought.

Cons

The solution is clearly geared towards hairdressing, spa treatment business and the like. As we were looking to set up a tutoring buisiness, it felt that there were some compromises to be made. In reailty, we have manage to achieve most of what we were looking for - a lot of the differences were down to terminology. Maybe some templates for different types of business might help. Installation is easy but setting up the rules can be a steep learning curve. Not everything is in the menu that you expect it to be, so as an admin it can be tricky to start. Takes a couple of passes to get a grip on how things work.

Maria from Beautynest

Industry: Cosmetics

Not satisfied at all

Experience. Now I know what are my requirements with a booking system.

Pros

Salon software doesn't offer any benefits compare to other booking softwares except that for Salon you have to pay a lot of money.

Cons

I was very excited and happy after one month of trial version to start using Salon booking system on my website. Unfortunately very soon I had to realize the Pro version is not yet so professional than the trial version was. I had a lot of issues not getting confirmation emails after a client booked an appointment. Then my client did't get confirmation email about her appointment. You also offer in the program that client get a reminder 24 hours before the appointment. In the beginning it was working well, but very unfortunately it stopped working as well! That was very disappointing.Problems again... My website designer was contacted you several times but we hardly saw any changes. This was extremely disappointing sinds I just started my own business few months before and I thought investing in Salon booking system was a great investment. I absolutely regret paying so much money for your program it caused me quite a lot of trouble with clients and looked very unprofessional. Instead of getting a discount I would prefer to have a refund!

Luke from Clockwork Escapes

Does precisely what it advertises and does it well, being adaptable to other industries.

Pros

Well priced and adaptable. I am able to use it to run an Escape Room business and it tracks rooms and assistants perfectly, with a very easy to understand back-end.

Cons

I would have said the lack of a voucher system was a big downer (and paying for the addon element was not something I had any desire to do), but now that this is included, I struggle to think of any cons. I have been having trouble updating Salon from within Wordpress, having instead to do it manually, which is a hassle. That's about it.

Roy from DasGeestig

Getting better and better

Saved me a lot of time developing my own!

Pros

Cons

- After every update, the plugin is disabled and I have to enable it again. - And, in the past, big things (like language strings) were totally changed- without announcing

Tamas from Nisa Thai Spa

Does the job just fine, hustle free

Pros

Easy to set up and operate, can be customized pretty well, plenty of options available.

Cons

Can't offer 2 payment methods to choose, for example pay deposit or pay in full. Can't block 2 practicioners for 1 service, which causing overbooking sometimes.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Booking

cheaper price, beter control over data

DANIEL from Natural Fit

Happy Personal Trainer

Cons

Response from Salon Booking

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your precious and kind review.

Joerg from CBN Carmina Beauty Needs (swet.ch)

It's easy to use and for our business the best! Now Discount are included, that's great.

Pros

Easy to use, SMS functionality, Discount functionality included. Frontend easy to use. Great support.

Cons

Frontend Font a litle to big or not easy to control. SMS registration works not so good sometime. Not posible to set discount in backend for clients. Not posible to make mailings for selected clients.

Veronica from Art Classes Melbourne

Pretty good simple plugin

Pros

Easy to set up and use Clean front end design

Cons

Lacks several important integrations Weekly software update releases

Lorenzo from Beautiful Butterfly Center

Easy to use and very useful plug-in, a revolution for your sales! Best Customer service!

Finally, we are able to fully manage our agenda and our relationship with the customers effectively, even from home or from the mobile phone for example when we are closed. It allows us to increase sales in a very satisfactory way, 24 hours on 24

Pros

Saloon Booking is the best plug-in for managing your online bookings. Since we introduced it, we have doubled our sales. Also, the customer service is always very helpful and accurate. Really a huge thank you to Customer support representative for being so helpful and kind. It's amazing! In addition, new releases are always frequent and every time, there are novelties that improve the product.

Tomi from Wetreysjawoima.fi

Excellent software to manage bookings, daily work schedule and payments.

A daily work list for staff.

Pros

We needed an all around solution to new salon. This was the only one which offered all the things we needed. Simple for customer, even easier for assistants and staff. No hassle on setup or with Google calendar sync. Minimal effort on Admin side, staff can use it themselves. Excellent customer support, friendly and helpful. We also did get custom fix for out needs.

Najd from SoulTech

Awesome product saved me alot of time !

Saved me alots of time..

Pros

What i like the most is the ease of use and the assistance options . booking is not a problem with this plugin.

Cons

I wish it had more customizable options so i can use it not only for Salon but also for other services

Kharis from 2K Creative Media

Industry: Computer Networking

Simple & Smart Booking, Attract my customer with extremely easy, fast & clear booking proccess.

I bought this booking systems for my spa website customers. At first I wasn't sure if it could fit my needs. But the flexibility and add-ons fixed it all without tuching any code. I am and my customers are so happy and will request some customization further, as soon as the salon booking team ready.

Pros

This plugins is fully customizable booking form with online payments, notifications, and Google Calendar sync. Perfect responsive and Detailed Documentations.

Cons

Fully customizable look & feel of the booking form, with no need for custom coding. Customize color scheme, interface copy, steps of booking process.

Samuel from Cloud Laboratories Pte. Ltd.

Great stuff, easy to setup, no problems thus far

Pros

Great UI, easy setup system. From installation till the design of the user interface, there were adequate tools developed to meet ALL my needs.

Elisa from Estudios

This is a great booking system but a little hard to set up

Easy to use booking for clients.

Pros

Cons

It is a little difficult to set up this software. Some of the directions aren't very clear, especially when it comes to hours of the work day.

Angie from Radiance Mobile Therapist

Great Software but room for improvement

It was awarded free to me which was fantastic. I created my whole website to work with this booking software having about 170 services, but could not fully implement it as the back sync from Google to Salon Booking is very very difficult and unable to block personal times in a simple way without going to back end of Salon

Pros

Lots of features, good pricing, great customer support. Customisation of the software good. Excellent discount code software

Cons

Very difficult to block personal time on Google calendar, this could be made much simpler. Some links like Manage my booking, do not work. JS box in General settings takes only 150 characters which is very less. Tech team had improved lot of features as I uncovered these, but still stuck improving 2 way synch in user friendly way

Claire from Claire Davis Bespoke Permanent Makeup

Terrible product

Terrible set up with Salon software. The biggest waste of money spent.

Pros

Unfortunately nothing. Tried to set up and the product I am using now is so much easier. Wouldnt recommend.

Cons

Customer service terrible. Just get told to watch a video!

Pirmin from InterWebDesign GmbH

Perfect tool for different bookings!

Pros

It's easy to handle. it's affordable! Easy managing tools. They are working on it for even more skills.