Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like the fact that it easy to connect to Facebook and Instagram. But the customization was wonderful as well to use."
  • icon"It also connects with Instagram which is awesome. The free plan has many benefits and overall just very pleased with the service."
  • icon"I love the fact that there is a video guide to help guide you through every single portion of setting up the site. It is easy to use and I love it so far."
  • icon"Their customer service was awful. I canceled with them because I found a better system and they refused a refund."
  • icon"It seems to be something that they do not actively work on, which seems crazy to me."
  • icon"If you encounter issue in payment stage during a booking, no entry point for customer to get back to their unpay booking within system, you must work it out offline."

Have you used SimplyBook.me and would like to share your experience with others?

All SimplyBook.me Reviews

Harlan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Free up your front desk!

Jesus

Affordable and Powerful Booking Software

This software works very well for booking. We had complicated requirements for customer support and coaching and this software handled both well.

Pros

I loved the features included with the base package and the ability to add extra features alacarte to keep costs low. Customers can self-cancel and outgoing emails can be customized. Zapier included!

Cons

The moment you need an extra feature after your first three alacarte ones, the price jumps up into the next alacarte tier. Also, you cannot create booking "buffers" or delays for different departments. For example, if you want customer service customers to wait at least 1 hour before booking a customer service call, but want coaching customers to wait 24 hours before booking a call, it cannot accommodate those different delays in different departments. The entire company must be either a 1 hour delay, or a 24 hour delay.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Timetrade was expensive and the Appointy API was difficult and expensive to work with long term. We wanted Zapier and got it with SimplyBook.Me.

Vance

October 2022

Appointment scheduling system with low limits

Pros

Integrates natively with many popular software and platforms. Robust API documentation and possibilities. Polished UI and UX.

Cons

Limits. The lowest tier is on par with other close competitors but the limits are low and restrictive. Businesses that have up to 500 bookings in a month might not necessarily collect payments online for all these bookings. The limits on the lowest 2 tiers have to be friendlier to small and medium businesses, otherwise only the bigger boys can afford this.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Trafft and Amelia are more affordable with similar features.

Loren

More Opportunities for Growth

Beneficial, but frustrating at times. The help center really is not much help. For those of us who aren't incredibly tech-savvy, having a go-to call center to help talk and walk through issues or questions would be very helpful.

Pros

The overall look and feel of the software is great. Inviting, educational, (for the most part) user-friendly. There are features of this software that are not offered anywhere else which is a plus!

Cons

The customer service is awful. You get generated responses and rarely does the team provide answers that actually fix or aid in the issue. There's also very little room for softwared update recommendations. Multiple times I have requested / suggested developers add options and received responses like 'this is not something our developers can manage at this time'. The parameters of features in the software are also almost TOO specific. Multiple times, we have had clients unable to book appointments because something on the backend didn't match up with availability. It's caused a few issues.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

I liked the option for clients to choose a service provider of their choice or first available option.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Hi Loren and thank you for taking the time to leave us your recommendation, we truly appreciate it. We have a Live Chat working 24h during the working week with an average respond time of 9 seconds so normally we get great feedback from clients concerning our Live Chat. If there are some issues with conflict with time settings then our Live Chat should be able to log into your system and see if something needs to be set differently. Please reply to me personally if there is anything that we can help you with. All the best The SimplyBook.me team.

Ayse

Industry: Cosmetics

Ms. Kaya

Pros

Very versatile and it does exactly what we need it

Cons

I can't think any functions that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

More functions and more affordable

Bogdan

Industry: Photography

October 2022

Best solution for Photographers!!!

simplebook impacts my business so much! It is so easy for my clients to book and pay so fast for my services. I earn a huge amount of time.

Pros

As a professional photographer, I have everything I need on simplebook to easily manage my business. Also, they offer a fast and cool live chat support!

Cons

A feature like an online photo gallery for proofing will help photographers to have everything in one place. Something similar to pixieset.com.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Because I have everything in one place.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

I switched because simplebook is more professional, no bugs, local currency feature for payments ( I am from Romania and all my invoices are in my local currency) and for their fast live chat support.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Bogdan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we appreciate it greatly! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Mel

Industry: Mental Health Care

Health Practice Perspective

Overall is grt. Quick responses from customer services. For us, the extensive ability to customize, operate video sessions, book a variety of services, products, packages, classes, and a membership makes this an all-in-one solution.

Pros

Incredible amount of features for the $. HIPAA compliance / encryption SOAP notes Versatility Complete customization of confirmation emails to both service providers & Services Very easy for clients to navigate Clients can track their own packages Ability to force pre-pay Intake form option Seriously, I could list a ton more amazing features plus the fact that they continue to add more.

Cons

Realizing this was initially designed to serve salons, not health care providers, I hope to see improvements in the following areas: SOAP notes are the only therapy note option. Woud be nice to have a simple progress notes option. Ability to tender in person payments directly thru the platform would be a really big deal for us. Right now, a transaction is only tendered if they pay when they book thru the website. In person, we can create invoices and mark them as paid, but need to use a separate platform to capture cc payment. It would be nice if we didn't have to go thru a 3rd party for video calls. Gruveo has been good so far, but it's still extra steps to move from appt to video. Ideally, the ability for the practitioner to enter the video call directly thru their appointment calendar would be grt. A mobile app for clients to manage appts & take video calls would be excellent. I think these r the biggest things that affect us, but even with these, the simplybook platform has been grt.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Features to price, especially those features useful for a therapy practice.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Simple practice is an amazing platform for our business model with extra kudos for their video appt structure and ease of organizing therapy notes. However, as our practice grows, the cost to utilize the platform also grows significantly for us. Simplybook offers features we want, but aren't available thru simple practice at a more affordable price structure. If they can put into place my suggestions, this would prob be the perfect platform for our business.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Mel Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, we appreciate it enormously! First of all I can say that we are working on developing an admin app and maybe a client app in next round. With regards to the videos then it is relatively simple to use jumpch.at and mixing it with our booking code to give direct contact, please check that out. With regards to the Progress note option, then yes that is something that we have considered, but is not yet on our to do list. However I know that some health centers have been using the Medical History tab for that. The automatic cc payment at place, will also be implemented later, but can not promise any date on that. Thanks again for your valuable feedback All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied July 2019

Paula

Very happy we found SimplyBook.me

Pros

What's nice about SimplyBook.me is that you can customize which features you want.

Cons

There are nothing I 'dislike' about SimplyBook.me. I would make a couple of improvements, though: 1. We are glad there are both session confirmation and reminders, but we would really like it if we could schedule a reminder around 1000 days from the date of training. This might sound like a long time, but the certifications we offer are good for 3 years and 1000 days would still give them a couple of months to schedule their recertification training. 2. It would be nice if the 'unlimited' tier of add-ons wasn't so much more than the tier that gives you 8 add-ons. At most, I would like one or two more, but it's not worth such a huge jump in price. 3. We really like the idea that email can come from our business email address, but at the moment, it's just not working for us because the SMTP settings just aren't being accepted.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook.me has the ability to easily schedule multiple training sessions running concurrently.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook.me has the most features we need.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Paula, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! Regarding your request to add this to your system that you can send a reminder 1000 days after training, within the come-back-soon feature then we could probably add this to your system. Please pm me and send me your booking website. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied October 2021

Danny

Everything you’d ever need

Overall, I’m very pleased with this software.

Pros

I searched for software that I could add to my Wordpress site that would allow for multiple locations (service providers), allow for different pricing, coupons, easy booking and more. This also has a simple Facebook integration, marketing tools and so much more. It took me a few days to figure it out as there are many features that are weaved together. But once I did, it now takes just minutes to add or edit classes and services.

Cons

The add-ons are expensive and may not make sense for my business in the long run as we scale up. We shall see.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Better features for classes/education.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Booked didn’t have repeat classes nor could I have different prices for similar classes assigned to separate locations only. No Facebook integration either.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Danny Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied March 2021

Esther

Industry: Cosmetics

Love this system

Overall experience has been great. I did have some issues with setting some features up but their customer service was amazing and someone is always there to assist whenever you have questions or concerns. 5 stars!!!!

Pros

I love how you can basically create your own website for your booking system and customize it to suit your brand. I love the added custom features. The fact that you can choose what to enable and what to disable based on your business’s needs is amazing! And the annual price for the Basic plan so great! Definitely most cost effective than other scheduling systems I’ve used in the past.

Cons

I feel like they should include more than just 3 custom features on the basic plan. “Accepting payments” & “Accepting deposits” are 2 main features that most businesses require, & without a doubt should be included for free. It’s kind of a no brainer. Or both of these features should be 2 in 1 because they go hand in hand. Having to enable both of them then leaves you with only 1 more custom feature to select. Other than this, everything else is great!

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Simply Book Me is more customizable and the monthly rate for the basic annual plan will save me about half of what I was paying with Acuity annually!!

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Esther, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your amazing feedback, we appreciate it greatly! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied October 2021

Marsha

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great program with amazing customer service!

We have been using Simplybook.me for almost 2 years now. The best part about this booking program for us is how user friendly it is. We have a large number of volunteers using the program to book their clients and even those who struggle with technology find Simplybook.me simple and easy to use. As an administrator of the program, I appreciate how easy it is to make changes to anything from our organization's hours to adjusting individual user's days and hours. The plugins available allow for an astounding number of ways to adjust this program to fit whatever you need. The customer service and technical support that come with this program are second to none. They have live chat support and when live support isn't available they respond very quickly to an email request. I have never waited more than 24 hours for a response. I would recommend Simplybook.me to any company or organization without any hesitation.

Pros

The ease of use is the best part for us. With so many people needing to use it to book their clients it is important that they can learn to use it quickly. Even those who are unfamiliar with computer technology are able to book their clients with this program! It is also great for me as an administrator that it is so easy to use because with so many people using it I often am changing their hours or days of work. With this program, it only takes a minute so I don't ever feel I am wasting time managing our booking program.

Cons

I would love if there was a way to combine two calendar views. For example, it would be really great for us if we could view the calendar by day and service provider.

Response from Simplybook.me

Dear Marsha, Thank you so much for giving yourself the time to write this review. We appreciate it immensely and are so pleased that you are happy with our solution and customer service...that is after all our goal :) Happy Holidays! The SimplyBook.me team

Replied December 2016

Although not everything works as we would like it to work for our business is it still a great tool

Pros

Possibility that clients book themselves. Connection to our google calendar. The ease with wich you can add a service.

Cons

Not possible to book for groups, as we use it for planning our guides for farm tours etc. People can book a tour for their group, and pay per head. We really miss this functionality. Also we have different locations people can book (instead of performers, but we use the performer tool), and it is a lot of work to plan the opening hours per location/performer (we close most locations for 5 months in winter) We cannot send a reminder more than 3 days before the appointment. For us 7 or even 14 days would be better.

Response from Simplybook.me

Dear John Thank you so much for the feedback, we really appreciate it! With regards to the comments, then I would like to inform you that you can accept bookings for tours/groups with our Group Booking Custom Feature and accept payments as well for the whole group. If you however want each to pay for themselves then as a workaround they can choose "Pay later" for example or not receive payments online but instead send bank account details in confirmation email so that the clients will make bank transfer. Admin can then use approve bookings feature to approve them when transfer is received. We also have Multiple Location custom feature, which enables you to create multiple service locations at different addresses, and connect them with different service providers (staff members). Last but not least you can contact our Live Chat and ask them to add the functionality to send reminders with more than 3 days before the appointment. I hope this helps:) SimplyBook.me

Replied January 2018

Binyamin

Industry: Mental Health Care

Basic, Straightforward, but Comprehensive Enough

Easy to use. Limited learning curve. I started out with another scheduling service but I'm in the process of switching over to SimplyBook.me.

Pros

SimplyBook.me allows users to accept payments through Stripe and apply membership scheduling and payments (two major pluses for me). Furthermore, SimplyBook.me allows me to customize (within significant limits) the look and feel of the platform to more-or-less conform with the look and feel of my website. It has an easy to use and intuitive user interface (not being very tech savvy, for me this is a very important feature). Within twenty to thirty minutes you can have a subscription, a customized interface, and have the platform embedded (or otherwise set up) on your website. Additionally, for those who need it, SimplyBook.me is HIPPA compliant. For most people (myself included) the free subscription will be all you need.

Cons

I like this platform and can see very few cons with it. But I'll do my best to come up with a few (or at least one). Here it is, and although it might seem insignificant, success is in the details: SimplyBook.me does not have a "look busy" feature. Meaning, it doesn't automatically allow for a certain percentage of time slots to appear full. The result is if you are just beginning your business and have a lot of "empty time" you (in this case me) end up looking rather pathetic. But with a "look busy" feature a certain percentage of time slots are automatically filled allowing the service providing (in my case as a mental heath therapist) to appear busy and in high demand. The higher the demand appears to be the more willing the potential client is to book. The lack of this feature is the difference between a B+/A- and a solid A+.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Binyamin, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we appreciate it greatly! Regarding your con, then we totally agree that it would be a useful features. In fact we have it on our current to-do list so hopefully it will see the light later this year. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied May 2019

Reliable system for trouble-free bookings

SimplyBook.me allows me to manage my client appointments with ease. I keep regular 'visiting hours' open for clients, and as long as they book 24 hours in advance, I can plan my day around the times booked.

Pros

I love the fact I get a custom URL to send my clients to. The tight integration with Google calendar is a huge time saver. The reviews tool is awesome because they encourage reviews after a meeting and give me a dedicated page for reviews SimplyBook.me also maintains an exportable database of client contact info (which has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion).

Cons

The software has so many features, it can be a little daunting to find what you need in the admin panel. For the most part, I've figured it out. I look forward seeing new themes made available. I would love to see integration with a reliable and cost-effective (or free) web conferencing tool or screen sharing client support tool.

Response from Simplybook.me

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, we truly appreciate it! I just wanted to say that you can use Gruveo for your video meetings or to share screens. It works like that we create a random link for each appointment so that clients can only contact you after booking an appointment. You can also create an account with Gruveo and then you can send a fixed link where clients can "meet" you. If you have any questions, just contact our Live Chat and they can help you all the way Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Replied December 2017

Jill

November 2022

Great product that I have used for over a year

I tell people about simplybook.me a lot because it just works. It works for about 90% of the things I need it to do, so to have one package, for such a great price, that includes so much, is really invaluable to me and my business.

Pros

I like the adaptability. Even though it has a learning curve, once I understand how to do something, it does it well. It does most things that I need it to do. Clients can book easily, the reminders go out without me checking on them, the product is definitely well priced, and it just works. I think I have a semi-complicated set up, but was able to make it all work (with some help from their excellent live chat agents). The widget codes work on my website, payments integrate with it, it's all just one great package for my needs.

Cons

There are still some things that I would like it to do that it doesn't do. The example would be too long, but I have worked around it. It has to do with the ability to book kids/adults/how many at a time of each, for a certain time frame. I also don't like that once I make a change, it is retroactive...I would really like the ability to change something for the future, and have it set up to go on a certain date, without the changes going live right away.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Price mostly, but also because it does everything I need it to do FOR that price.

Stacy

A game-changer!

When COVID-19 hit, my legal services nonprofit had to figure out a way to pivot from walk-in, in-person weekly consultations with new potential clients, to a completely virtual model of service. When we eventually began using SimplyBook, multiple staff called it a "game-changer" - it took so much time and stress out of scheduling consultation appointments and accepting payments in advance! It is pretty user-friendly, and tech support has always been incredibly helpful when we've contacted them via live chat. We also love how customizable the system is. Overall we've had a great experience for the past 1.5 years!

Pros

I love how customizable SimplyBook is - it took me a long time to get everything set up the way we wanted it at the beginning, but that was just because of how many different features I was able to customize to our exacts specifications. We also like the payments feature so that we can require clients to prepay for their appointments.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create certain types of appointments that are only available to certain people (for example, people with a certain password); I have suggested this feature to SimplyBook in the past and hope they develop it soon! We want to be able to, for example, only allow clients who have been prescreened to register for certain events, but we don't see a way to do that in the current system and so end up using a different (much less user-friendly) software program for those events instead of SimplyBook. I also wish we could see which clients have used which coupon codes in a single report.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Integration with Authorize.net payment processor (preferred by our Finance department)

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Stacy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! Have you tried as a workaround to setup hidden categories, have your services appear there too and then you can prepare separate links for clients that you have already approved of. You can also contact our Live Chat if you want to know more about that. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Elizabeth