Browse ArtCloud Reviews

Ross from Raitman Art Galleries

Amazing Art Gallery Software

Phenomenal. We've been using it for over a year and everyone in our business, from owners down to employees, love using it. Their support is top-notch and the software is continually getting better and better. I did a ton of research before switching our software and everything pointed to artcld being by far the best option for our company. It has lived up to it.

Pros

This software has changed our business. We have three locations and this gives us a fully cloud-based inventory and point of sales program that is integrated for all three locations. We can access our entire inventory system from any computer or phone. Transferring inventory from one location to another is very easy. Creating tear sheets and custom lists for collectors is a breeze. Tracking sales by artist and client is very simple. The entire software is very intuitive and professional. Frankly it makes our lives easier and makes us look more professional to our collectors. Everything is easy to set up. We have different tax rates for each location and artcld handles this well. We can also customize tax rates directly on an invoice if the piece is being shipped or delivered. Adding items to an invoice is easy, adding inventory is easy (they even have a bulk uploader and can help with bulk image uploads too), creating clients is easy and sales reporting is great. It has a CRM built into it, so you can set reminders to follow up with clients and track activity per client. It has a read receipt built into its internal email software, so you can see if your emails have been delivered to collectors and if they've been opened. Their customer support is amazing. They're always working to improve the software and taking input from users on ways to make it better. It is a fixed rate paid monthly with unlimited locations and users.

Cons

They only integrate with Stripe for credit card processing, so we use a separate processor with better rates and manually enter payments in. I think Stripe can only link to one bank account, and we use separate accounts for our different locations, so that doesn't work for us. Their web integration looks great, but the only way to purchase through the website is through their marketplace, which also requires Stripe, so we maintain a separate website. The android app never works as well as the iPhone app. For galleries it's well worth the money, but the cost for individual artists to use the software is a little high, especially if you add in website integration, so our artists haven't switched to it yet. Their accounting and reporting keeps getting better, but it still doesn't match up exactly with how we report and track.

Jennifer from multiMind. media

Exceptional! Streamlined gallery workflow + Increased online sales

Artcloud has allowed us to streamline internal workflow, track & bring sales to fruition (in-person and online), expand e-commerce and web efforts. Their platform has been instrumental in positioning the gallery well for COVID-era changes.

Pros

I have been working with ArtCloud since 2013. We transferred a mid-size gallery from a Bento database to Artcloud with little conflict. Their team's approach is forward-thinking and they are constantly adding new features to the platform. Inventory management, client relationship management, and branded invoicing/messaging are all handled with ease. Great sales reporting features. Lead tracking and dashboard status is a huge help for the sales team. User management also easy--have created accounts for higher-level employees to temporary interns, changing access permissions accordingly. In 2020 we implemented their Artcloud API with a custom Wordpress site with great results--huge reduction in data entry redundancies for the staff and web sales increased 83% from previous year (e-commerce sales + website leads that closed). Excellent support, managing issues and open to feature suggestions.

Cons

Not much. Perhaps more flexibility in tracking inventory-to-sale for marketing purposes and flexibility in further tailoring branded materials (wall labels, invoices, tearsheets, etc).

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

Artcloud's fee structure was affordable and scalable, especially compared to more established brands, used widely in the fine art industry. Their team's energy, knowledge, and enthusiasm for constantly evolving their technology was also a huge factor. We wanted a platform that would grow and stay competitive with the ever-changing landscape.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

Bento was not agile enough for needs of managing a growing art gallery (inventory, client relationship management, invoicing).

Alyss from Olson-Larsen Galleries

We LOVE ArtCloud

Prior to ArtCloud, our inventory software, website, client contact list, email marketing, and invoicing were all separated and took a lot of time to keep updated. Now all of those things are housed in one platform that is incredibly easy to use, saving so much time– time that we can use to focus on other areas of the business. The ArtCloud team is fantastic to work with. They are friendly, professional, knowledgable, and quick to help with anything we have needed. The transition and data migration process was simple and we are excited to use the platform to its full potential to help grow our business.

Pros

It's difficult to choose just a few favorite things about ArtCloud. The administrative work we used to dread is now streamlined and enjoyable because of ArtCloud's ease of use and myriad features that all function together. We are truly on cloud nine with ArtCloud.

Cons

Switching our systems over to ArtCloud was very simple and the transition was smooth. It's great that the team is constantly developing improved features and integrations. I am excited for the email marketing to become more robust with enhanced analytics.

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

Compared to similar products, ArtCloud has amazing insight into what art galleries really need and how they operate. The value and service are incomparable.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

At first we were only in the market for a website re-design. Little did we know, what we really needed was more of a systems overhaul. After our initial meeting with ArtCloud to learn about their software, we were sold on their product and got really excited about the possibilities.

Nice cloud based software for art galleries and art merchants.

Pros

It is nice that it is cloud based so you can access it from anywhere and that is great if you roam around selling art or checking out artists in their workshops. It has pretty good mobile apps for iOS and Android.

Cons

UX is kind of poor and annoying sometimes. Need serious improvement. The way data is prompted is not convenient (dimensions, medium, and pricing first? really?). You have to master the tags use so you won't get lost.

Response from artcloud

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We¿d love the opportunity to learn a bit more about your user interface issues. We¿re always working on the system and if you¿ve got suggestions on how to make it better, we¿d love to listen. Feel free to email support@artcld.com anytime!

David from Abend Gallery

Artcloud is a game changer

Our gallery has been open since 1990, and we have been using Artcloud for five years now and it was a game changer for us. It has increased our efficiency by leaps and bounds, and made us a much stronger company overall.

Pros

Artcloud has a very active development cycle, so there are always new features being added. I love the back end of their system as I find it easy to use and generally pleasing to the eye. I've used some of their competitors, and I feel like many are behind the user experience and aesthetic curve. But aesthetics aren't the most important thing; it's about what the software can do for you. And, Artcloud delivers on that front. The features that have helped us are too numerous to list, but I can put it this way, we've had several employees move on to different careers since we started using Artcloud, and we haven't had to replace them. That's because Artcloud does so much! They even recently added integration to 1st Dibs, which was a huge plus for us. We consider Artcloud an integral part of our team and I highly recommend them to any of our gallerist friends.

Cons

I don't have any cons for this software because they have such a responsive team. Any technical issues are handled right away and with their constant/active development any needed features are often added, within reason, of course.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

At the time, Masterpiece didn't have a responsive enough developmental cycle, and it was too buggy.

Katie from Anne Irwin Fine Art

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

ArtCloud's platform is a great fit for any gallery looking to grow their sales

Pros

We love how easy the product is and how response ArtCloud's support team is. They listen to us when we have feedback and often times implement that feedback into new features. We've been with them for over 5 years and can't imagine running our gallery without their platform.

Cons

There really isn't anything we don't like.

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

We choose ArtCloud over ArtLogic because they are located in the US and not in the UK. Also we found that ArtCloud's interface was much more intuitive and easy to use than ArtLogic's

Tina from Steven Lustig Fine Art

ArtCloud will transform your business

I've had a great experience with ArtCloud. The team was all too willing to get on zoom calls while I was designing my website, and they are very responsive to feature requests. In general, the support is excellent, which was (and still is) very important to me in the ever-changing art market.

Pros

I had previously been using a spreadsheet to track art which was highly ineffective. ArtCloud is easy to use and allows me to know where the art is at all times, create quicklists for galleries and clients, and build a website based on my inventory list. Database design is still important so that you can easily retrieve your art but once that is accomplished, ArtCloud takes care of everything else!

Cons

There is no drag and drop on web pages to easily arrange your art as it is done via quicklists.

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

Ease of creating a website that is completely integrated with inventory, and USA-based support.

Jessica from LightheFlame

Coming from Web Builder with No Coding Experience

The customer representative I talked to, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], was a godsend. She almost replied within 10 minutes of every business hour and helped troubleshoot all the website building and database formation. The customer support team really makes this ArtCloud software shine. Sometimes it can be a handful to navigate, but they really make it up by being super responsive.

Pros

Website and database buildup integrated, while providing customizable input. Great even for small starting up galleries and businesses.

Cons

UI/US definitely needs more improvement, website functions may need more customizable elements available & errors may need fixing.

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

Easy and most cost-efficient Gallery software

Cost

Daniel from Goldman Global Arts

Goldman Global Arts Review

I am thrilled I found the software. It has made the operation more efficient and has provided the sales tools to associates to help drive revenue.

Pros

The support team and sales teams are sensational. They are extremely responsive and professional. Anytime we need help with support, custom builds, reporting assistance, etc. Also - the system is user friendly and Gallery specific driven. Well done with development. In addition, the website to retail integration is fantastic and so easy to manage. Everything is linked form the Gallery on site side and requires very little development or customization.

Cons

They are consistently taking recommendations and improving the software - they really listen to their customer.

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

The website integration with retail side was available in artcloud. I did demos with both companies and this was definitely the best solution.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

Art Systems was antiquated. It did not allow me to process payments. Also there was not a robust and rapid CRM.

Emily from Gallery 1202

Industry: Fine Art

Great Value!

Great! I think it is a good value for what they offer, and it's allowed me to run my gallery smoothly from the minute I started it. We went from doing $300 a month, to almost $250,000 in a year and it has helped us immensely staying organized and efficient.

Pros

I love how integrated everything is, the inventory, website and their marketplace. Their marketplace is really great because our collectors can access all of our work (if we choose,) but our website can be curated with select pieces and an option to then see all the works. I also like have another platform for art buyers to browse, and ArtCld has been working on marketing that platform as well, and we've seen an uptick in traffic. Their customer service is also excellent, and very open to suggestions.

Cons

The mobile app is unusable when it comes to invoicing. I really wish we could use the mobile app more frequently, but I have to use the website instead when I'm on my phone or iPad. The website design isn't intuitive, or super flexible. This area could use the most room for improvement in my mind.

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

I don't remember the other alternatives, but the cost was the prohibiting factor, and the ArtCld marketplace was a big driving force for me to chose them.

Dan from Studio E Gallery

Industry: Fine Art

Studio E Gallery is a champion for ArtCloud

We've been ArtCloud since very early on and have helped them grow their business as they helped us grow ours. So when we say we are strong advocates of their platform, we mean it.

Pros

ArtCloud is an easy to use, easy to integrate all-in-one service that handles your inventory, payments, accounting, marketing, website and more. There isn't a competitor on the market that even comes close.

Cons

All companies have room for improvement. I'd say that for the price vs their competitors they have the shortest list of improvements. Things like a more robust ios app, or some additional accounting tools. But the good news is, is that's all in the pipeline and their fabulous customer service reps are always happy to help.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

Spinnsoft couldn't offer a cloud solution and got trapped in the limitations of its outdated coding.

Missy from Portland Art Gallery

Fabulous & Efficient System Perfectly Suited for Art Galleries

Artcloud is awesome. I recommend 100%.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about this company. For starters, Artcloud's team and staff are knowledgeable, responsive, and truly dedicated to their clients. One time they assisted us over a holiday weekend when we were pressed to meet the launch date for our new website. They went above and beyond to make sure all went smoothly-- and were polite, friendly, and professional through the entire process. They take all of our requests and questions seriously; nothing is overlooked. And again, they are so polite and friendly! Their sunny personality really makes a difference. The Artcloud program is perfectly tailored to a gallery's needs. It is our go-to platform for nearly all aspects of our business, including communicating with clients, contact database, inventory management, and our website. It's so nice to have everything in one place, so there is less redundancy and errors. The program itself is very efficient: Artcloud introduces new features to streamline processes, and removes features that are superfluous or clunky. The interface is sleek, intuitive, and user-friendly, which helps us keep our data clean and organized. Training new employees on Artcloud is a breeze.

Cons

Artcloud is still in the process of being finessed and perfected to suit its purpose, so there are hiccups from time to time. But the team is always available and responsive when we're having an issue. I really feel like I have a direct line to their staff, which is more than I could ever ask for in a software company.

Frank from Hecho a Mano

Best in the game

Pros

ArtCloud is the best in art gallery management. I've been with the company since nearly their inception, have believed in the software and watched in grow over my tenure with three different galleries. From contact management, invoicing to website hosting, ArtCloud has it all and is constantly improving. They are very responsive to inquiries and customer support.

Cons

At times there are features I would like implemented more quickly but I understand as a software company they are thinking about all their customers. They are very receptive to development ideas and have launched several things I have suggested.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

Masterpiece was such a headache, especially when I was using it as a locally hosted database.

Travis from Travis Collinson

Artist management and website builder review.

Customer support was fantastic! They really helped to get my new site up and running.

Pros

I have recently switched to ArtCloud's website hosting and data management tool as a way of combining my inventory manager and online archive. The integration works fantastic, it helps keep my studio inventory at the tips of my fingers as well as allowing easy use and uploads to the website. ArtCloud really helps me streamline what is still available to collectors as well as archiving all pertinent information such as pricing, location, and images.

Cons

Non yet, I am still very happy with the service and product.

Reasons for Switching to ArtCloud

I needed an integrated website and archive to help keep records and show my current and available works.

Bruna from Galeria Aura

Really Good Management Tool

Pros

It's a really friendly software and Artcloud's team are amazing, everyone is always ready to help us under any circumstances.

Cons

The android app could be a lot better...

Reasons for Choosing ArtCloud

It was cheaper then Artlogic and the team was also more thoughtful.

CRYSTAL from California Ventures

Amazing software with attention to detail for those looking to get a value application for the arts.

Art cloud's is a full software programming system integrated and comprehensive enough fot rfine-art management solution. Art cloud is used throughout the glove by fine gallerias, galleries across the United States, private dealers, independent artists -marketers,consultants, curators and collectors - platform was built to help large to small business run efficiently and successfully.

Pros

Its the best place to buy art, browse and buy artwork from top artists and galleries,list your artwork on the fastest growing private marketplace.

Cons

Its a waiting period, by plugging in, and uploading data systems with plugs into art cloud's best-in-class art management platform.

Vanessa from Vanessa Marsh Photography

Artcloud offers artists an easy way to keep track of inventory and contacts.

My overall experience has been a good one!

Pros

Being able to share records with my gallery is very beneficial to my business. Also, having all of my inventory in one place and being able to make lists and send consignments is really helpful. Also, the Artcloud team is easy to reach and to trouble shoot and learn from.

Cons

The cost to artists could be improved since I use the software primarily for inventory management and not for sales.

ovetta from family resource center

Artcloud review

Pros

It is a Well organized web based gallery, including art clips to purchase online. It manages invoice client t relations

Art therapy

It was ok but confusing

Pros

ArtCloud simplifies business of managing, buying and selling art. comprehensive platform, galleries and artists strengthen customer relationships, manage inventory,reach collectors around the world. ArtCloud see whole picture.

Cons

More help managing how to sell off the platform

Lucía from Education management

It helps me keep all the work organized

Pros

ArtCloud is a place to find new artists and new collections. It allows to interact with other people interested in art. The customer support is very efficient and responds quickly.

Cons

Sometimes it has so many functions that it is difficult to start using. But in general it is an excellent software for employees of galleries

February 2015

Alex from WonderRoot

February 2015

Fantastic system for gallery management

My gallery has tried several systems in the past and I have to say artcloud is on an entirely different level.