All OneCause Reviews

Good Option for Mobile Bidding

Penne

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Unbelievable support - like having three more employees pitching in.

The time saved with the OneCause product is really like having extra employees/volunteers. Can't imagine doing it without them.

PROS

The software did everything we needed it to and more - from selling tickets and foursomes to silent auction and day-of fixed price items...simple to implement and a nice customer facing mobile app. But what really makes the product different is the incredible support you get from their team. Regular check-in's and calls - by the time our event rolled around, they knew more about it than I did. Although it was my first year running the multi-day events, I felt extremely comfortable and confident due to the support I received from OneCause.

CONS

I have only one complaint, and that is that there's not great-looking templates for the landing pages, and when we built our own, it was kind of a process in that it has to be stored on a website rather than uploading to OneCause. I believe they're working on improving that.

Daunel

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Valuable Fundraising Tool

OneCause has become a valuable tool in our fundraising arsenal. During the pandemic the platform provided us the ability to hold all of our planned events even with the cancellation of in-person events and the uncertainty that surrounded event planning. OneCause provided the tools to enable virtual and contactless events pretty seamlessly. Our constituent base has adapted to the use of the online platform, which we continue to use with live events as well, and we have been able to grow our donor base by offering an online component to donors who cannot attend in-person events but still want to support our cause.

PROS

We purchased this software when the need for virtual events arose. We were looking for a tool to use for fundraising events that included raffles, silent auctions, registration, and peer-to-peer campaigns. The different options available within the software allowed us to tailor each event set up to our specific needs. We required a platform that would be viable for both a virtual and in-person events and would also offer options for hybrid events. The help and support available from OneCause helped to streamline the learning curve. Once we got past the learning curve, the product is easy to use. The various reporting functions were important since the software does not integrate with our CRM system. The ease of use for our donor base was a factor as well.

CONS

OneCause does not integrate with the CRM system we use, so we had to come up with a few internal workarounds to address accounting and donor contact issues. Setting up event pages is not intuitive, and I needed the help of a web developer to give the pages a professional look and feel. There is a large learning curve to be able to utilize all aspects of the software, which involved a lot of online training videos and articles.

Reason for choosing OneCause

We chose OneCause due to the ease of use, the different applications that could be applied using the software that fit our fundraising model, and the value proposition compared to other products.

Reviewed August 2017

BIDPAL sold our not for profit a bill of goods and then failed to deliver!

Zero

PROS

The best thing I can say about this software is my login worked and that's about it!

CONS

Customer Service was horrible. We got passed around from one person to the next and then was told that the program would have to be 'worked around' costing my volunteers valuable time to get what we were told we would have from the software. Our guests at our fundraisers complained constantly about the software and the onsite representative did NOTHING to step in and assist. When asked for a pro-rated refund mid year because the software was handicapping our events, we were told simply no. Thanks for nothing BIDPAL!

We appreciate your candid feedback. We¿re disappointed that you didn¿t feel our team met your expectations. In further looking into your review, it appears that your initial auction with BidPal was a success. One of the unique aspects of BidPal is that you can use the software for multiple fundraisers throughout the year, however like any software it has it limits. Based on our team¿s feedback it sounds like you wanted to try and use BidPal for an additional fundraising campaign in a manner that it is not intended to be used for. We applaud your creativity and appreciate that this may have been frustrating that the software wasn¿t able to meet your expectations despite our team¿s efforts to provide alternative solutions. We¿ve passed your feedback on to our product development team as they are always working to add new functionality. Although our Director of Client Success and his team were not able to connect with you, they remain ready to assist you at any time.

Replied October 2017

Mikayla

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Absolutely seamless software and such a game changer for our non-profit!

I cannot fathom maneuvering the pandemic as a non-profit without the use of OneCause, much less any other year. We incorporated it into every single virtual event and in-person event and were able to stay financially stable thanks to its use. We actually surpassed our budgeting goals for the year and had the most successful mobile bidding gala silent auction in the Zoos history. We look forward to using OneCause for many years to come!

PROS

OneCause, including their mobile bidding, peer-to-peer and online giving platforms, has absolutely set the standard for fundraising software for the best price. The software has been invaluable to our non-profit, paying for itself after a single event. Our team seamlessly incorporated each platform into our in-person and virtual events with ease. The mobile bidding software is not only a breeze for administrators to create and manage from the back end, but we have received countless compliments from users/guests as to its ease of use. Even older audiences were able to easily navigate the auction, donate and even set bots/watch different packages. The peer-to-peer platform was unreal. Not only does it have the best aesthetics and options for design, it's seamless in its reporting and analytics. Our peer-to-peer Walk was praised for being a interactive, exciting way to build networks and fundraise for the Zoo for an extended period of time. We cannot stress the effectiveness of this software enough!

CONS

There is truly so little that we dislike about OneCause. Our customer support contacts were so easy to reach, communicate with and work through any dilemma with. Our only "wish list" item for OneCause's mobile bidding software is simply to be able to categorize fixed price packages. That's all we can think of to improve the platform, which speaks strides of its excellence.

Reason for choosing OneCause

OneCause has superior aesthetics and their staff were significantly better to work with. We had an unprofessional interaction with Classy staff that put a bad taste in our mouth.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

OneCause is more affordable and offers a better experience for the administrators on the back end and guests/users. Reports/CSV files also seamlessly download and upload into our donor database, DonorPerfect.

What a helpful review, Mikayla! Thank you so much for your kind words and for your partnership. Fundraise on!

Laurna

Farming, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2021

Best Bang for Your Buck

I could be a sales rep for One Cause because I love it that much! I have influenced 3 other non-profits within my community to purchase the software. I also helped in getting them going with their setup.

PROS

After participating in the One Cause University, I felt very accomplished and capable. What I love the most, is the seemingly endless supply of functionality! The reports are amazing and easy to access. The ease of designing your event page is wonderful. Even the smallest of events appear grand when One Cause is the incorporated. I have recommended the software to 3 local nonprofits and even assisted them in getting started on the setup.

CONS

One small enhancement- I would request that within one event have the capability to divert funds into separate banking accounts. Example- Fixed price items be processed in one account, silent/ live auction proceeds in a different account. I have not used the software for an in person event, so can't speak to it's ticketing abilities.

Reason for choosing OneCause

You have to tell buyers to do the math- most other non profit software take a percentage of the proceeds of your auction/ fixed price items for your event. If your proceeds are small, then go with the "free" or reduced software. Our event was set to have a larger amount in proceeds. It was a huge benefit for us to pay more up front, as a fixed price purchase for this amazing, highly functioning software. Ticket sales are about the same everywhere you turn- I did not find any option that avoided ticketing fees.

We appreciate this review and your partnership, Laurna! Thank you for spreading the word to help support others' causes, as well!

Sheena

Fund-Raising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2022

User friendly and a must-have for large events

While the community was sure it wouldn't work for them, it did! The ease of bidding from anywhere you are and sharing the items with friends and family near and far is extremely beneficial. Our auction proceeds have nearly doubled since we started using Onecause to its full capacity.

PROS

I love the max-bids function. We try to push this out to our constituents so that they can attend and enjoy the evening without worrying about getting outbid.

CONS

Three suggestions: Be able to select who has to enter a credit card to bid and who doesn't. As a school we know almost everyone attending and some of our parents prefer not to enter a credit card up front. While some attendees are not known to us and requiring a credit card would be a must. Secondly, allowing for more than one photo upload would be great. The added URL option is wonderful, but it's sometimes not easy to find photos of items online, especially if they are one of a kind. Another suggestion: We use the Auction Catalogue as our displays at the event. It would be really great to single page display option for items that need to be highlighted. A larger picture or event logo at the top would add to it.

Reason for choosing OneCause

It was mostly the UI and ease of access. The reporting was also a big selling point. The look off the bidding websites are top-notch.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

Auction tracker only offered paper bid sheets and the UI was not nearly as easy as Bidpal.

We are so glad to be partnered with your cause, Sheena. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear that our software provides a user-friendly experience and has allowed your proceeds to grow.

Replied April 2022

Elizabeth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Very user friendly with great help desk response time.

PROS

I have been thrilled with the customer service provided by OneCause. Anytime I have had a question, the person helping me via the chat feature was quick and had great answers. If they did not know the answer, they have always been wonderful about asking management for clarification. Love love love my customer success manager [sensitive content hidden]!

CONS

I would like to be able to tailor and tweak the reports a little more. We moved over from Greater Giving and while OneCause has been worlds easier to use, the reporting options are definitely subpar in comparison.

Reason for choosing OneCause

OneCause was a better value for the money.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

Greater Giving was always glitchy and would crash. Several years in a row our event registration was backed up bc the software kept crashing.

Brian

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Easy to use platform & Ideal for Event Auction

They were very helpful to us as a new client. We really appreciated their insights to improve our auction and make our process go smoothly and easily.

PROS

OneCause provided an easy-to-learn and easy-to-use platform that was perfect for our silent auction at a major fundraising event. The customer service was very helpful to assist with questions along the way.

CONS

We wish the platform was conducive to hybrid auctions, both online bidding AND at event bidding with paper and pencil.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

We needed a more modern platform that fits the needs of our auction.

Janell

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

MPAC Starlight Ball

Amazing! In-house products combined with your staff made our experience exceptional.

PROS

In house iPads and swipers!! Additionally, the staff provided night of was amazing.

CONS

The Dashboard -- again I may just be used to GiveSmart I just wish it was nicer to look at. It was very easy to view the dashboard night of to see the progress of the silent auction

In-house iPads and Staff is why we ultimately chose OneCause

Reasons for switching to OneCause

Consistent issues year after year. Last year in particular there were issues with their credit card swipers.

Jordan Ashley

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2023

First time OneCause Experience

My experience has been great! I would definitely recommend this product.

PROS

The customer service is incredible. Any time I had an issue, it was easy to get someone to help. If they could not find the answer to my question, they were quick to find an answer and respond. It was extremely easy to use and get my auction items in the system.

CONS

I did not like the method that I had to use to input the tables. I also wish they had a way to email item donors a thank you note.

Reason for choosing OneCause

I liked the customer service, the platform's ease of use, and the ability to have One Cause staff on site.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

Qtego was hard to use from an administrative perspective.

Hyla

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2021

Good Product, Good Service, Relative Ease of Use

We were grateful to have a OneCause staff member at our Gala and she was excellent. However we have now learned to run the software ourselves with success. Customer service was good but it is not helpful to be directed to a website or genreal anwers to questions when you are seeking a specific answer. WE still can't figure out what some monthly charge is for. Overall expereince was good.

PROS

While we still can't get our people to give up paper bidding, we are very pleased with the ability to set up the auction page and share it it with event attendees and others. We have been successful using a buy now option and selling items before the event.

CONS

There needs to be a better way to cusomize bid sheets. There also needs to be a more intuitive, easy way to get people to preregister --- like a big button that says PRE-REGISTER. A small sign in button on the top right had corner of the auction page was hard for our people. Also a one step process to pre-regestier and put in a credit card (as opposed to a two step process) would be great.

Reason for choosing OneCause

Onsite support, reasonable price, good initial sales contact, reputation and references.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

They were unable to provide onsite support for our live gala event in 2021.

Thanks for this helpful input, Hyla! We love being able to support your events and help you raise more for your cause!

Stella

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2022

OneCause User

I like using OneCause because it is easy to manage and easy to train people on. I love working with the OneCause staff online and most especially on site. The OneCause support staff is knowledgeable and promptly responds to questions or needs. The onsite staff is very friendly and work really hard to provide us with feedback on how best to maximize the features of the platform. They make recommendations but make sure they know who the client is and not overstep their bounds.

PROS

I have used this platform in my previous job and I found it to be very easy to use, like the newly updated features i.e. sponsors able to send a unique invite link to their guests. Our events team was able to jump in and use it right away. I also like that disbursements are made the next day after the event and the financial reports are easy to use or download..

CONS

Not being able to upload images directly on the site. I have to use a dropbox link to store the images I use for the pages.

Reason for choosing OneCause

Previous user and knows the benefits

Bad service experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us this review, Stella. We love hearing how our software was easy to use and seamless for your organization. So glad we get to partner with your cause.

Replied September 2022

Mara

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

A great software to transition to!

It really is a great software, especially coming from the limited software our organization previously had.

PROS

OneCause really thinks through what the user needs to have a successful event. My volunteers loved it and the need help document links directly to the page you need, rather than searching for the relevant information.

CONS

There are so many great customizable options that I would assume there would be even more customizable flexibility for the user, but that is not always the case. OneCause gives you the tools and resources to be successful, but sometimes the ability to make your own report, or set up a sponsor or ticketing system with certain specifications isn't as easy.

Reasons for switching to OneCause

limited tools, resources, and flexibility.

We appreciate hearing how useful our software was for your volunteers' experience. So grateful for your partnership!

Replied October 2021

Caleb

Used free trial

Reviewed January 2017

An Honest Review from a First Year Advancement Coordinator

As a first year Advancement Coordinator at a private school, I was given the task to produce a live and silent auction to raise funds for my campus. I was told to check out BidPal and I'm glad that I did. The software system was relatively user-friendly with many helpful features. These features were readily available on each category page on my BidPal account. Also, the call help desk feature was great too. Creating our BidPal giving center, which is your school's own website, was easy and important to our event. I could post all the auction items and share the link on Facebook, Twitter, email, and our school website. Using the mobile app for the night of the auction was amazing. Our guests had only the best compliments on how easy it was to bid on each item we had available. One of the only complaints that I have about one of the features was the scoreboard feature. The scoreboard is a slide show feature that displays the running numbers of the auction, currently raised funds for the silent auction, and donations. I wish there was a better way to control the scoreboard feature to better display the live auction items in the order we would want it to be displayed. Outside of that, it was a great feature. Overall, BidPal saved us many long hours by using its software features for our live and silent auction. During the night of our event, our guests were having so much fun with the mobile app that they began to give more than what was expected. At the end of the night, we raised close to double the amount we were expecting. BidPal is worth the investment because it has proven to me that it will save you time and increase your revenue for your event. I would highly recommend BidPal to Advancement Coordinators, PFT presidents, administrators, or anyone that has to produce a school auction. You won't regret it.

Caleb, Thank you for your review! Your feedback on our scoreboards has been forwarded to our Product Development Team, who is always looking for ways to further enhance our software. We appreciate your comment, value our partnership with your team and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our Idea Exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea. Congrats on a successful event! Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director

Replied January 2017

Janon

Fund-Raising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

I Absolutely Love OneCause!

OneCause does everything I need!

PROS

User friendlyMobile bidding Raffle pullCustomer ServiceEvent Staff

CONS

Raise's edge compatibility, duplicate names, and need more design capability to website

Thank you so much for the review, Janon. We love hearing how user-friendly our software was for your fundraising experience. So grateful to be partnered with your cause.

Replied January 2023

Melissa

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

OneCause Auction Software use

PROS

It is easy to use and setup. Our auction committee feels comfortable using it, and our community has an easy time setting up their accounts/profiles for ease of bidding. We like the functionality of the product and it's a much better forward-facing product than other softwares I've used previously.

CONS

I would LOVE the ability to have a button to easily create links for URL's in the setup of items and packages. It would save us all so, so much time.

Jackie