All Network for Good Reviews

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

My Great Review :)

Hebert

Falling in love with NFG

I just love how I can rely on a system that helps me connect with my donors, making so much of my work easier and giving me time to focus on what I need to.

Pros

the integration of so many features that allows you to connect several services in one place. I'm using less and less other services for contacting donors, events, donations, and using just the Network for Good donation management system. I also like the customer service available. It's great to have a team helping you through all the craziness of fundraising. I also like how NFG is constantly incorporating new technology in their system.

Cons

I wish some features would give me more customization options. Like, donation pages, forms, ​and direct mail, but I can perfectly work with all the available features.

Great Fundraising Tool

Implementation was quick and painless and the monthly check-ins were appreciated.

Pros

Network for Good is aesthetically pleasing and makes every effort to be clear in where data is held. The live graphics of fundraising goals and the website integration are amazing.

Cons

This is not a tool for organizing or for engaging your base.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

I genuinely did not like my customer service rep with Blackbaud. Had I not had him, we would have chosen Blackbaud.

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

Salesforce is not a CRM for nonprofits and fundraising.

Katy

To stay with NFG or not to stay... this is the question

Pros

I’ve enjoyed the variety of the e-blast templates. I’ve recently had a very good experience w/ Customer Solutions Specialist, Lenny Wrigley who helped me troubleshoot a very urgent request for one of my donors.

Cons

The poor communication between the NFG Team and the customers paying for the services. One example was NFG changing e-mail servers and not warning the good paying customers. We lost a lot of communication with our donors the day before # givingtuesday

Response from Emily

Hi Katy, Thanks for sharing your feedback about your great experience with our support team member, Lenny! Regarding poor communication with our customers: Thank you for sharing your frank feedback. Hearing from customers is how we make improvements. Speaking of improvements... We're constantly evolving our customer communication and outreach every week. We are working on some team restructuring which will allow us to have better 1:1 as well as more streamlined mass communication with our donor management customers. Furthermore, our customer marketing manager and product manager have started to put together product update notes and we share them at least once a month (when the notes are released they will be the first thing you see when you log in to the donor management system. Various product updates are also included in the customer version of our weekly Tips Newsletter). We're also increasing the number of customer webinars we provide to share strategy ideas, details on product improvements, as well as an open Q&A time with our customer base. We hope you can join us for as many webinars are you are able! Our team has fixed the issue that delayed some of our customers' email sends that were scheduled around #GivingTuesday. We apologize for our system sending these emails much later than they were scheduled for. Our team identified and fixed the issue after this experience: We have more dedicated servers at the ready to support a large volume of emails being sent through our system at once. Because of feedback from customers like you, we worked quickly to make this improvement before the biggest three giving days of the year (Dec 29,30,31) and we had very few timing issues with email sends after we made this improvement. If you ever have product feedback or questions for us, you can always reach the team (and most likely Lenny!) by clicking the blue dot to open up the messaging tool in your donor management system. We look forward to hearing from you!

Replied January 2018

Cindy

September 2022

Network for Good

Our overall experience with Network for Good is very positive. We usually send a physical newsletter out in summer, but we just had too much on our plate this summer. Network for Good allowed us to make the decision to pivot and I was able to put together an email blast in far less time and without the expense of the mailing.

Pros

In my role as executive director I like to know a lot of metrics. Network for Good provides a wide range of reporting options allowing me to hone in on exactly what I am looking for. I also appreciate that I can create my own tasks, enter notes on recent donor interactions and even upload images of thank you notes I have sent to donors. This is especially helpful before I make the next contact. I can look up the note and be reminded that I spoke to a donor and they told me they have 3 cats. The next time I call them I can say, "oh, and how are the cats doing." It really helps to personalize and tailor the interaction.

Cons

I am disappointed that to fully utilize all of the new additional features we have to pay for the elite version. It is cost prohibitive for us as a small animal shelter on a limited budget. We recently mapped our Network for Good with Quickbooks online. This has reduced a lot of redundancy, but a con is that I lose visibility to some detail so still have to go into both systems if I need to see the detail.

Response from Network for Good

Hi Cindy, Thanks for the review! It's exciting to hear about all the ways our software has helped your nonprofit achieve its goals and personalize your relationships with your donors. It means a lot that you've taken the time to review us. I will forward these onto our product team to hear your feedback. These comments help us continually improve! Kathleen

Replied November 2022

Jessie

September 2022

NFG has changed the landscape for our fundraising!

It has been a positive transition and I do not regret moving over to this platform and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to upgrade their fundraising platform.

Pros

I love that it is a one-stop shop. I can email and manage a newsletter, run a fundraising campaign, do peer-to-peer fundraising, manage monthly donors, send and track thank you and donor engagement, and so much more.

Cons

Learning something new takes time and as a human being I want everything NOW. I have had to take time to learn the system and I am still learning.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

I thought NFG had everything I was looking for and knew that the organization would grow into the product. It had all the bells and whistles we were looking for and it was a no brainer decision.

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

I needed a more sophisticated program to do all the things and up-level our fundraising and donor management. Donors are everything and they are why the mission exists and so taking care of donors who love the organization is so incredibly important. Relationship building is everything.

Aiden

Industry: Performing Arts

Fantastic for Nonprofits

It's been a really positive experience. The customer service is quick and friendly. They're constantly updating the software for the better. It's really easy to use, even for the least tech-savvy people.

Pros

The CRM works really well -- it's easy to keep track of donors, real-time donations, and events. It lets you stay in contact with donors and see their patterns of giving. It's also easy to see which events brought in the most donations, and lets you easily email groups of donors, either by event or by giving patterns.

Cons

The forms (surveys) are too limited. I can't collect data in the way I want, so it makes surveying donors difficult.

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

Network For Good had more integrated features, had better customer service, and was less expensive.

Lisa

Network for Good is a must for start up nonprofits

Pros

Network for Good has a platform that encompasses all of a small nonprofit's needs. It is fast and easy to implement. The customer service team is stellar and there for you each step of the way. I regularly receive check-in calls from real people, not an online survey call. We have a small team of volunteers and this is helping us reach more people more effectively without duplicating our efforts.

Cons

Compared to other programs we have tried, Network for Good, has been the most intuitive and easy to implement. Working through the groups and being able to create a way to identify our donors from our beneficiaries has been the most challenging part. We have a unique set of circumstances due to the nature of working with people who may have legal guardians we need to address in addition to themselves.

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

We needed one platform that did it all and our funds would be quickly deposited. It was cumbersome and time-consuming to have two platforms that needed to be manually synchronized and donations manually swept into our accounts.

Janice

Vivian's Door Network For Good Review

I've had an overall great experience with Network For Good. My coach makes sure that I know how to use the software to accomplish our fundraising goals.

Pros

The software is feature packed and there is great customer support. An individual coach makes the experience operating the software within the framework of your fundraising efforts is the icing on the cake.

Cons

There are a lot of moving pieces, so you have to stay abreast of the software.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

Network for Good had all the tools that I needed and their customer service was excellent.

Adrienne

Industry: Fund-Raising

June 2022

New User

We have only been using NFG for about a month, but so far the overall experience has been a significant improvement over our last software program.

Pros

Creating campaigns and events is very straight-forward and easy to do, and customer service and tech support is readily available when needed. And it's very easy to navigate between pages.

Cons

Creating emails and letters has taken a little more time to learn. Formatting letters and creating mailing lists takes a little more effort.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

The other product we looked at would have also worked for us, but NFG was really easy to use and we needed to make a decision quickly. We did a trial period and decided it was the right product for us.

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

The product was clunky and cumbersome, had several functions we didn't use, and lacked other functions that would have been helpful. We were too small for them and paid a very low fee. In return, we received very little tech support, and what we did receive was often not timely or helpful. When we gave notice that we were switching, they didn't attempt to retain us.

Jim

February 2022

Network for Good is GOOD!

the conversion was straightforward, fundraising exceeded expectations, excellent launch process and step-by-step strong support system throughout

Pros

Ease of conversion fo donor database, 1st year fundraising vs. subscription expense guarantee, compatibility of newsletter communication function with Constant Contact prior software in use

Cons

None - don't recall any negatives with our first 6mos experience with this product

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

adding donor management to our fundraising process

Jordana

How AWESOME is that!

In my experience, the donor staff often serves dual or multiple roles, breaking in a new system generally requires more time that you already have so little of. This was a huge factor in decision making for me, NFG doesn’t have a steep learning curve and their support to transition is the BEST. I’m well acquainted with the “Blackbaud’s Raiser Edge and e-Tapestry”, as well as others and unless you have unlimited financial resources and a dedicated staff/dept, I would steer clear of long standing desktop based programs such as these -Easy and/or no cost access to customer service, either by phone, text or knowledge base -NFG has been outstanding in all areas -I have called NFG with an urgent need and the response was IMMEDIATE! I try to do the homework on my end and not take advantage of NFG’s tech support to have to respond to “fire” -My experience with BB at my previous organization; I instant messaged tech support with a question they replied…great question, I’m not sure, let me kick it up to our data support and someone will get back to you very soon. That was over a year ago, never got a response. -Often there is an additional cost or step up in pricing for immediate access to tech support -Cutting edge technology that continues to improve itself. From their earliest platform I find that NFG continues to improve and maximize the end user experience • Easier DAMN reporting

Pros

Everything! Set up was a breeze and with NFG I could hit the ground running

Cons

Haven't found a con yet, NFG suits our current needs perfectly

Cutting edge technology and

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

My personal opinion is BB is still around due to it's past reputation and outrageous fee structure. Dinosaurs and the learning curve is way to steep for 1 single user. Frankly, I truly can’t say enough about my experience with NFG, from my first contact with the reps several years ago, to today’s webinar on “end of the year fundraising”. We are still in the beginning stages of our capital campaign, and I want to be transparent, I am not a NFG power user yet, as I currently serve as the EA for the CEO and support to our Workforce Development department and Marketing. When I was in the research stage of donor crm platform options, I compared, 3 desktop and 3 web/cloud based platforms; listed the pros/cons, as well as called references of similar organizations (I was Admin Dir for a Boys and Girls club for 5 yrs). In other words be able to sell the cost to our Board of Directors, we needed something more than an excel spreadsheet. I don’t want to minimize that other programs aren’t worthwhile; there are many factors that went into my decision. What I can say is… I’d rather use a program that’s efficient AND enhances my work life…rather than something that I have to battle to master, NFG was #1 and best choice for us. The fact that thru my many interactions and work with NFG confirms choice it was the RIGHT choice and icing on the cake.

Kathleen

Industry: Fund-Raising

Excellent Donor Management / Communication Software

We are very happy with selecting Network for Good. We did in-depth research and demos with 8 donor management software companies. Our team that did the research unanimously selected Network for Good.

Pros

The software provides a foundation for donor management and communication with donors. We easily loaded our contacts from Mailchimp(c) and financial information from Quickbooks (c). The system is easy to use. It notifies us when a donation is made. I can check it on the phone. My favorite feature is that donations can be acknowledged with an individual custom video, easily made on your phone or laptop and sent to the donor via text or email. Our donors LOVE this. Reasons we selected the software were it automatically generates a receipt to donors that donate online; it was easy to set up; and the cost was reasonable.

Cons

There are some missing features. I would like to be able to send a video thank you do donors. At least I'd like to save a vdeo and send to many people. During our main giving season and gala, when donations are rapidly coming in, I would have to record numerous individual videos every night. I'd like to record a video and then send. Also, I would like to generate an automatic receipt for donations not thru our website, those sent in by check that we enter into the system.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

It had more of the essential features we required at a reasonable price. We also liked the customer service and orientation.

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

Mailchimp just gave us a mailing list. We needed a donor management system with communication features.

Kimberly

Industry: Individual & Family Services

From Rookie to Professional during a pandemic!

When we signed on with NFG, I had no Donor Management Software experience. I was the definition of a Rookie! In addition, our organization was small, but growing rapidly, and the donor records were not in the best order when I joined the staff. The task to get it all organized and ready to upload in the system was the hardest part, but the NFG team was encouraging and helpful. Our initial contact list was pretty small, but it has more than doubled in a year! Our fundraising coach was amazing from the beginning! She was patient, encouraging, held me accountable, and was so dedicated to our success! In between our meetings, I would participate in webinars to expand my knowledge of the software and new fundraising strategies during a worldwide pandemic! When I look at all that we have learned and how far we have come in a year, I am in awe and full of gratitude and appreciation for the Network for Good team! I can say with confidence I am no longer a "Rookie," but consider myself a professional, ready and eager to learn more! I smile thinking about where we will be at this time next year because I know the Network for Good team will continue to coach and encourage us on towards excellence in the fundraising field! Thank you for having faith in us and for continuing to develop strong, confident fundraising leaders, even in the midst of the uncertainty, challenge and difficulty our country and world has faced this year.

Pros

First and foremost, we love the customer service and support team! They make you feel at ease from the start and they walk you through the entire process. We love the webinars, resource library, video message feature, built in email system and the text-to-give feature. The task bar keeps you on track and the Activity feed allows you to see what your team has been working on if you need a quick reference.

Cons

Because there are so many features, sometimes I forget how to navigate to something. This is more due to my "Rookie" status, than the software.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

We love the built in email system and the video feature! We also like the customer service!

Nazarina

Great for the Value!

Overall, this is a great product. The ease of use is without match and it is perfect for an organization of our size and capacity. I love that people can fundraise for us, and look forward to engaging more donors to do this as we get even more of a handle on the software.

Pros

I love how accessible this software is. When you don't have a lot of time to dedicate to learning a new program, for the most part, this is extremely intuitive and you can learn as you go, and in nonprofit where things move really quickly and you may wear many hats, I am sure this is something very appreciated by users.

Cons

I would have like auto-acknowledge in the system for online gifts. Imports should be easier. If I name a campaign that is remotely like something that already exists in the system, the system should allow me to choose it instead of duplicating and causing a "data mess." "Global changes" if such a mess occurs would be helpful so that everything can be changed at once instead of one by one. Not being able to refund in the system is also a pain. Peer-to-Peer could also be easier in that it is difficult to do so as an organization or business as opposed to a person, every time we use it, we have to find creative ways to edit the name above so that the fundraisers can appear as desired by the teams starting the page.

Reasons for choosing Network for Good

ease of use, pricing, peer to pear function

Reasons for switching to Network for Good

Peer-to-Peer was extremely important to us. The pandemic changed the way we had to engage with our donors and NFG allowed us the flexibility needed to adapt.

Midge