All Silent Auction Pro Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

A happy client!

John F

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Excellent Event Planning Software!

We are a hypothermia shelter that houses 12 guests during the coldest months of the year, and have a fundraising gala every 2-3 years. At the beginning of our planning process for our February 2020 gala, we wrestled with the question “Do we really need an auction and event planning package for our little event?” At the end, there was no question that Silent Auction Pro was a HUGE reason why our event went so smoothly and exceeded our fundraising goals!

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about our experience using Silent Auction Pro. Some of the key things that we liked: Event Coach. From the beginning, we were assigned an event coach ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), and she proved incredibly helpful in both understanding Silent Auction Pro as well as anticipating what other issues might come up before, during, and after our event. She checked in regularly, and was available even on weekends. Training Videos. Silent Auction Pro has a large number of training videos on YouTube that were very helpful. Admittedly, they seemed difficult to understand when I viewed them before we actually signed up, but once I was on Silent Auction Pro and able to play around, they made much more sense, and proved very helpful. Pricing Structure. At first, it seemed expensive to pay $800 and still give up 2% of our proceeds to Silent Auction Pro. However, the 2% is only out of auction proceeds, and not things like tickets or sponsorships. That kept the 2% cost down to under $300, for a total cost of $1,100. Comparing that to the many, many hours of time saved, the ability to start the auction before the event, ability to easily sell tickets, and all the communications tools made it worth the money many times over! Usability. While I would not call Silent Auction Pro the most user-friendly website in existence, it is user-friendly, and with a minimal amount of practice it becomes very easy to get around. The reports are also very useful and easy to generate.

Cons

There were a few very minor bugs, but that was it. I didn't care at all for WorldPay, which is one of the two credit card processors that Silent Auction Pro works with. They had horrible customer service and wanted to know WAY to much personal information about me in order to open an account. But that isn't Silent Auction Pro's fault ...

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

Early in the process, a friend said they loved Silent Auction Pro for their event, so I limited the evaluation to just this product.

Laura

Awesome Customer Service

Pros

This was our fourth year using Silent Auction Pro. Like so many nonprofits in 2020, we were faced with really two questions: how can we successfully fundraise using mostly social media and how can we put together an event that seemed so foreign at the time, so quickly. While the changes made to the software were helpful and kept us competitive with other organizations, it was Silent Auction's customer service that was the secret sauce. From explaining all the new features to problem-solving, to follow-up reminders, we were able to host a successful fundraising event this year.

Cons

Some things are a little bit clumsy and not as user-friendly as I would like them to be. It would be helpful to be able to change the program colors to be a bit more like our brand. Reports could be more specific or to be able to customize them more.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

We choose Silent auction Pro because we as administrators and most of the constituent base was already familiar with the product. And we could be a quick snapshot of how we were doing based on last year's data.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Laura - thank you for posting your review! As you know we are always working to improve Silent Auction Pro.

Linda

Pros

Not a million screens amongst which to navigate.

Cons

There is a lot of repeat info on each screen. Would be great if information could be streamlined a bit.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Linda - Thank you for your review. If you have / had specifics about the repeated information we would be very interested. We are always making improvements to our system. Please feel free to email us at support@silentauctionpro.com

Kathleen

October 2022

Excellent Choice to manage your event/auction!

I have been with Silent Auction Pro for 7+ years. I have referred clients who have since thanks me for doing so. They are an exceptional company with a great heart for nonprofits. Like any company there are areas for improvements. They are actively engaged in improving their product daily. Very impressive company. Their customer support is without match. They are outstanding!

Pros

Their customer service should be an example ALL companies of what great customer support entails. Hands down, Silent Auction Pro provides the best customer support in the industry! I wish all the companies I work with offered Silent Auction Pro’s level of customer support

Cons

Some features still needs some work. But they are always working on improving the software based on customer input. This year they started taking a percentage of ticket sales and sponsorships. That is a large sum when you include sponsorships. We manage our sponsorships outside of Silent Auction Pro so I don’t see this fee as justified. They offer one feature during the ticketing process to add guests to the sponsor’s group. But that’s about it.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

My board did the evaluation of software products. My board has qualified IT executives who evaluated the alternatives.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Thank you Kathleen for great review! Regarding ticketing - with our Mobile Pro platform we offer many different ticket options including selling multiple ticket packs, included items like meal choice, seating management and more. Ticket purchasers can also control and change who their guests are. -Jim

Replied October 2022

Tiffany

Great Customer Service

They know what they are doing and have their team is also very knowledgeable. They will also help you with suggestions and ideas to enhance your event!

Pros

The team at Silent Auction Pro truly wants your event to be successful. They are alaways available by phone or email, and while their website has fabulous tutorials, they are also fabulous in providing you hands on support.

Cons

I would like to see more analysis reports

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

We have used them for a couple years and have always had the best experience. The software is best for our clientele.

Sharon

Amazing Software and Customer Service

Amazing! Everyone who has been on the phones with us has been fantastic to work with. Including the owner. He is completely a part of his team and business and does not hesitate to jump in and support you.

Pros

What I like most is what all it can do. For this event I only used one little portion, but learned in the post event how great this tool is going to be to use for our big fundraiser.

Cons

There is a LOT packed into one spot. Learning where everything lives is challenging, but their customer support is, literally, amazing. So really there is not a least.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

Ease of use and customer support. When we were meeting with Silent Auction Pro, we felt like they were willing to come along side us and not just be another sale. This is exactly what has happened. :)

Heather

Great product for the price

When we moved our annual service auction online, we needed to move from our other auction software to one that had a Digital catalog and would process orders without any issues. It is a very good system and we look forward to working with them again.

Pros

We loved the customer service and training offered from Silent Auction Pro.

Cons

A bit more complicated for people who are unfamiliar with computer software. We had to do some workarounds to post more than one photo per item but I understand they have upgraded the software and have that ability now.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

Local representative, smaller company, and affordable straightforward pricing

Reasons for switching to Silent Auction Pro

Needed a product that offered a photo catalog, mobile ability and credit card processing.

Hillary S.

Extremely helpful and streamlined service

Very positive.

Pros

What I liked the MOST about this software was how easy it made the checkout and follow-up process with our guests. There are a lot of large benefits to using Silent Auction Pro, but I have to say that this has been the most significant aspect for us. All of the invoices are automatically created and batched for a seamless end-of-event experience. From the admin side, this has made management much less stressful.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to navigate or figure out exactly what functions lied where in the platform. It took a bit of digging around before I got comfortable with using it.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

The comprehensive ability of the platform. Both computer and mobile friendly, and again, has a large focus on streamlining the admin side of things.

Industry: Fund-Raising

April 2022

This software was a Game Changer for us!

I can't imagine using another software program. This is a program that can easily taught and transferred among changing administrators of your event (ours is a school/band fundraiser, so our parent teams are different and evolving each year). Since the software is straightforward and user friendly, it makes it easy to recruit and replace team leads (unlike our previous system, which made a potential new team lead say "oh, I couldn't do that! That looks complicated!"). We have appreciated the support from Silent Auction Pro, especially when we first got started with the program. It's been a real blessing to our event!

Pros

This software has made the planning process so smooth for us. The Bidsheet Pro option has been the best fit for our event. The ability to enter donations/auction items, credit the student bringing in the auction item, and then have an online catalog to share, bidsheets, and an easy checkout process at the click of a button has improved the process for us 10-fold.

Cons

I do wish there was an option to download the reports into a Google Sheets format. The reports automatically download into Microsoft Office Spreadsheet format, which is the better format for functionality, but as an organization, we appreciate the ability to share documents with Google.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Thank you Sarah for the great review! Regarding the reports format - they are a CSV format and would think that could easily be imported into Google Sheets... We'll take a look

Replied April 2022

Ashley

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

November 2022

Review of SAP

I’ve realized a project such as a fundraiser that raises thousands of dollars, can be managed quite simply by using this software. It keeps all the info in 1 spot and can easy be passed from user to user as years roll by and positions change.

Pros

Integration with our current processes was very easy. We could join with the school’s processes and give access at different levels to employees.

Cons

The only thing I would change would be the way it closes out the event and the charges from the 3rd party credit vendor were confusing.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

Already familiar with it.

Gail

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

I like Silent Auction Pro and would recommend it to any NPO or organization for their event.

Fundraising for the Children's Coalition of Aransas County

Pros

That first phone call to Silent Auction Pro led to a Zoom demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. The demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] led to our Board giving approval for the contract. Since that first conversation to the post-event conversations, every step, every need, every question, every "OH NO" moment on my side was quickly answered and solved. There is no customer service team like theirs. Their team is the BEST. Phone calls were answered either immediately or with a very quick return call in minutes. And I must add that phones were answered during Holiday hours. Besides their immediate and expert support, the package features and pricing were more compatible with our NPO's size. The announcement feature and the communication functions were tremendously helpful. We scheduled videos and sent texts and emails for our event. Afterwards, I sent every donor, sponsor, group member, volunteer, and every registered bidder either an email or software generated letter with the information that pertained to each one specifically. This function alone saved me hours of work. Thank you, Silent Auction Pro!

Cons

The initial use of the software required diligent data entry. It was a lot of work. We now have a database containing donors, sponsors, bidders, volunteers, and workers. Next year's data entry will not start at zero. For some data entry and reports, (without checking which aggravated me the most I must be vague) having a "scroll to the top button" would be nice. Also, when working in one function, I would like to always be sent back to that one function when I hit submit rather than have to find that spot again. And there must be a better way to edit items after they have been merged into an auction item. I never asked, so there might be. I would find a spelling error or decide to add a better description for an Auction item. The edited text would not appear unless I deleted it as an auction item, edited the donated item text, then reassigned as an auction item. Also, I believe a sponsor function that could be separate from the donor and bid reporting function would be beneficial. These are my only criticisms. They are small and might have had an answer if I had asked. They were not even important enough for me to put on a list when I talked with the Support Team.

LEA

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

We've really enjoyed working with them. Last year, we had to completely switch to an "all on-line auction" last minute. The support we received was excellent. It was our first time to use them and they truly helped us with the process. If you don't use the software year round, it can be challenging when you pick it up again however, they took us through it again this year. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been the best customer rep and event coach we've had and hope to continue to have. Her knowledge and mot of all her attitude truly makes a difference. You feel you have a partner and not just a provider. It was like have a "concierge service" which made it easier to use for us. Events are very challenging to execute specially when we do them tight budgets and limited staff. They made the process pleasant and easy for us and our customers/donors. They listened to our suggestions and have adapted some of these in the system. Overall, the features, service and support we receive from SAP are definitely worth the switch and the cost.

Pros

Customer Support/having an event coach and cost.

Cons

Some reports are not exportable. Some features can be enhanced to make it more user friendly but the staff are very helpful. They are very open to taking suggestions and continue to enhance their system. I have found that continued use and their enhancements have made the program more user-friendly.

Reasons for choosing Silent Auction Pro

Cost and availability of various package options

Reasons for switching to Silent Auction Pro

Cost was the main reason. Then when we were reviewing our options, the product offerings became the deciding factor. The company we had before SAP also gave good customer support but the last time we used them, one of the on-site event coach was not very helpful. The main reason is the cost; however, after experiencing the customer support with SAP, that validated our decision. For the type of event we have, SAP provided what we needed at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend them.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Lea - Thank you for posting your review! As you know we always welcome customer feedback and are always working to improve Silent Auction Pro.

Evelyn

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great tool to have. Change is it's Middle Name!!!!!

As a former systems engineer (in my previous career), I found the system to be easy to work with. There are a few things I think should be in different places, but it is just my preference. Support is everything!!! If you are lucky enough to get [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as your support person, you will be just fine!!! She talked me "off a few ledges" the days leading up to the event. Things we usually do in person (and for cash) had to now be done through the system. Rethinking is the name of the game right now and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me iron out all the issues we had to rethink!!!

Pros

The ability to change! In this year of constant change, we were stopped 48 hours before our Auction was to take place in March of 2020. We were never able to hold an in-person option but we were able to switch all the data we had already entered to go from live to on line with just a few quick and easy steps! we finally held the Virtual auction in November 2020.

Cons

We did not take a picture of every item in a basket, just the combined basket itself. That was fine for the main page. the drill down page listed every item in the basket but the individual pictures did not exist so the item said No phot to Display. We ran out of time to take all the pictures so we dealt with it. I would've preferred it to at least show the basket from the main page. Zoom capabilities only existed when a user drilled down. This is usually not an issue since our silent auction is in person...… just not this year! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave me great ideas to deal with the virtual aspect of our auction to try to make it as personal as possible!

Amy

Silent Auction Pro is the BEST value available with amazing customer support!

As a nonprofit consultant, I have worked with a variety of nonprofit organizations on their gala auctions. I recommended Silent Auction Pro to a nonprofit pre-school for their gala. We utilized all of the features offered by SAP, including a live and silent auction, the mobile feature and the event planning features with a very user friendly table assignment function. The product is very responsive and intuitive, and helped this organization raise over $79,000 above sponsorships and ticket sales the night of the gala! Silent Auction Pro is without a doubt the best value of all auction products available. Jim Donnell and his team at SAP are extremely informative and helpful and are available for customer support nearly 24/7. I never had a question that wasn't answered politely and patiently on the first call. You do need to be a self-starter and allow enough time to self-train and train your committee members using the helpful You Tube videos, but their Support people are always available for questions and troubleshooting. If your organization is on a budget or just doesn't want to pay a lot of money for the auction and event features, Silent Auction Pro is for you!!

Pros

It is intuitive and and easy to learn. Support team is very responsive and is constantly updating the product. It offers the absolute BEST value of any auction software I have used or researched! The mobile product is clean and user-friendly.

Cons

Some of the functions are a bit hard to find. You do have to be a self-starter to research all of the functions and know exactly what is needed before the gala night to check in, check out, and close the auctions. I had to contact customer support several times throughout the evening for assistance.

Lisa

Industry: Philanthropy

Windsor Farm Elementary PTO Silent Auction Pro Review

Silent Auction Pro provided an ease and professional quality to our annual auction we had not previously enjoyed. In years past, our annual elementary PTO Fundraiser and Silent Auction was a tedious process. We would create our Bid Sheets and Display Sheets on separate programs. We would have another person create our event programs. Our donations would be logged in an Excel Spreadsheet. We would have ticket sales go through the office secretary. It wasn't seamless and it wasn't efficient. The checkout process at the event was also a mess as we didn't pre aucthorize credit cards and would have weeks of clean up trying to collect money from bidders who left without paying. Silent Auction Pro from the moment we received our first donation and our first ticket sale to the end of the auction provided a new ease and professional quality. The software is an Auction Administrators best friend as it tracked everything needed to make the event successful. We are a PTO of an elementary school and each year our auction makes a net profit of anywhere between $25-28,000. This year we had our most successful auction and I do believe it was because Silent Auction Pro freed up some of the time we used to spend on data entry. I was able to essentially run this auction by myself with the help of Silent Auction Pro. with over 300 auction items. I would highly recommend the program. The customer service was wonderful as I had many questions with this being my first time. It is an efficient tool to run a successful auction and event and I look forward to the opportunity to use this program again.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, able to manage all needs in one platform.

Cons

n/a