All Pollfish Reviews

Insight lover

Deana

Writing and Editing, 10,000+ employees

My review on Pollfish

Pollfish is ok but it needs work.

PROS

I like pollfish because the software is useful for doing surveys, answering questions, and doing other things.

CONS

I think pollfish has a problem with the number of crashes and struggling with a multitude of surveys that don't work all the time, so I think they need to fix the software more because some of the surveys get messed up.

Onur

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

Allegory's recent consumer survey

Overall, I am very satisfied with their services.

PROS

I used Pollfish back in 2017, and I'm impressed with its evolution since then. It's straightforward to use, and you can set up proper screening questions and create logics where you want to show different questions to different audiences based on their previous answers. The dashboard is also very easy to use, even though you can export the data in various formats for further analysis.

CONS

Although it's not a deal-breaker as it was within our expectation (I have an actuarial background), we realized that some of the answers/respondents are not of high-quality, meaning that in some instances, we realized that the same person answered with a different user ID's or some users provided "troll" answers to the some of the open-ended questions. I am sure they have their internal fraud and data quality checks, but some improvement is needed on that end.

Reasons for switching to Pollfish

Price was the main deal-breaker as it was almost double for the same sample size if I am not mistaken.

Sergey

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Huge disappointment

Pollfish sales lures you with bloated eCPM numbers which has nothing to do with real revenue / 1000 impressions ratio. We earned $107 after running polls for 2 months with around 20k monthly users. In addition to that we had to handle with plenty of negative feedback from our users and eventually we removed surveys from our website.

PROS

Ease of integration. It took less than a week of one developer effort to integrate polls into our web app.

CONS

Overpromise and underdelivery. This phrase describes the almost every aspect of this platform. Examples: A Pollfish sales rep promised at least $65 eCPM, we thought $10-$15 would be great and real eCPM was around $0.3. Their way of calculating eCPM in their dashboard is misleading too and it works in their favour. User experience of running real surveys is from 1990s. You can't see how real surveys look like for your users until you deploy the full integration to production environment. Survey completion times are misleading too. If the survey says it takes 15min to complete, be ready to spend around 45. This actually makes your users feel really disappointed and survey reward is way less attractive. Our users' feedback about survey experience was absolutely negative.

Jean Pierre

Design, 11-50 employees

Insight lover

Outstanding customer service, responsive, immediate and knowledgeable, and one of your greatest assets. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a great [SENSITIVE CONTENT] .

PROS

The broad respondent network in multiple languages and countries, ease of set-up and cost effective.

CONS

It does not allow for the scoring of responses that would provide a self-assessment for the respondent after the survey is completed. This is offered by Qualtrics and Survey Monkey and it's the only reason we continue to use Survey Monkey. The minute this is provided, we will be moving a 100% of our business to Pollfish.

Not applicable

Reasons for switching to Pollfish

Cost and global panel access in addition to ease of use.

Aziz

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2022

User friendly research tool.

Easy to use software and very helpful support services.

PROS

Easy to use, cost-effective and empowering. Also, the ability to recruit in most countries was a key reason for our selection of Pollfish

CONS

I used the pay per use feature so did not have access to the advanced analytics tool. One needs to be a subscriber to use advanced analytics, which did not make sense as one is already paying for use.

Reason for choosing Pollfish

The audience recruitment was easier and it was available in more countries than Google Survey. We surveyed countries in Africa, East Asia, West Asia, South East Asia, Asia Pacific, Europe and North America

Reasons for switching to Pollfish

Recruitment was available in most countries.

Kristen

Insurance, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2022

Market research in the right place

I had a really good overall experience with goldfish my analytics are off the chart because I've learned how to manage surveys and get the right time of Attraction marketing out and content people want to see all from Little surveys that I created

PROS

This product is very easy to use especially when you're trying to get opinions about your products or about political opinions or even research about said products it's very easy to use it's very easy to set up one thing I like the most about it is the survey maker it gives me the ability to sit up exactly the questions that I want responses from

CONS

There wasn't really anything I liked at least about the software the software is awesome all the way around

Omar

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great platform for your research

Pollfish did the job right, correctly, precisely, overall expensive but you get what you wanted.

PROS

The platform by itself provides the features of collecting survey responses in a quite systematic way, with filters that can target your audience, geographically, by age group and other filters. This was an amazing contribution to my research as it enabled that we collect this data quite fast.

CONS

The costs of the platform was quite high, as for example if you would like to produce representative data according to a country specially if it is a country in the far east you would have to pay 5K plus in usd$, but that sometimes does the work.

Reason for choosing Pollfish

I actually did not find platforms like pollfish, I tried but still most of them are quite sketchy, pollfish was the most trustworthy.

Melissa

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

A great survey site if you are searching for one

Interesting, easy to use and very efffective

PROS

The questions are well articulated, It's effective and easy to use.

CONS

The questions seem created for a particular demographic which doesn't allow anyone to keep using.

Maria

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Nice platform

PROS

As does many other survey apps, this one is ok better than some others. It's not always good at qualifying me for surveys though.

CONS

Not qualified more than I am and it takes a while to be paid.

Preethy

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Perfect and Reliable Software that i can depend any time!

It's wonderful and easily accessible! It's unique features makes my products come top level on ranking !

PROS

It's features are unique and special ! It's reliable and time consuming !

CONS

None, It's perfect for my roles ! I like all about this Software !

Reason for choosing Pollfish

Because big ots unique features!

Good Value and Insights for the Money

PROS

Pollfish gives you a way to conduct quantitative online surveys without the price barrier of Google Surveys or even SurveyMonkey in come cases. It is easy and quick to deploy and reach target audiences.

CONS

Compared to Google Surveys and SurveyMonkey, the program lacks some features/robustness. I used to be unsure about where they find their audience, but they have recently done a good job of spelling that out more on their website.

Reasons for switching to Pollfish

Price and speed of deployment.

Mohd Nubli

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Really lively using Pollfish

Overall, I am very satisfied with the Pollfish software. It is very easy to use, and I have been able to produce quality polls quickly and easily.

PROS

There may be some advantages to using PollFish which are intelligent and easy to train, making them a viable form of communication for those with limited communication abilities.

CONS

The downside is that Pollfish can be fickle and may not respond to certain signals consistently making it less reliable than more traditional forms of communication.

Neleh

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2023

Pollfish

PROS

I love how easy the surveys are that Pollfish has. It makes it fun to take the surveys.

CONS

There is nothing that I don't dislike about Pollfish.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2020

NEVER USE POLLFISH (TERRIBLE RESPONSES, HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SUPPORT)

PROS

It has a very intuitive UI that makes it seem like they're providing a compelling and legitimate product, nothing could be further from the truth...

CONS

I never take the time to write reviews about the software I use, but my experience with Pollfish was so utterly time consuming, stressful, and detrimental in any capacity that I literally feel the duty to warn others of not wasting your money on this terrible service. First and foremost, their core product literally does not work (especially if your survey is not run using their platform). I used a Qualtrics survey and virtually every answer I got was straight-lined and very clearly unthoughtful (it was more common than not to see people answer questions in ways that contradicted previous answers than not). After observing this embarrassingly low level of responses as they were coming in, I immediately asked for a refund and said I didn't want to proceed with the survey. At this point I had only gotten 60 or so responses of the 400 that I purchased, and they're telling me it's going to take them over a month to refund what I deposited. Terrible service, would not recommend to anyone.

Ashley

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Pollfish best survey software ever

Pollfish jas made it so easy to create a survey and get results quickly and smoothly.

PROS

The question creating process is by far my favorite. It is amazing the choices there are.

CONS

The only thing I didn't like all the way is the way your results are tabulated it's a little confusing at first, but once you figure it out you are good to go

douglas

Public Safety, 1 employee

good product

i enjoy the survey topics and he rewards

PROS

i only use it to take surveys but it is one of the best

CONS

none i think it is fine just mthe way it is

Neil

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Best audience survey software on the market

Outstanding, it’s superb!

PROS

Exceptional value for money, easy to use, great customer support!

CONS

No cons, it’s got everything I need and the customer support is superb.

More functionality

Alaister

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Impressive and easy survey tool

We use Pollfish surveys to learn more about the habits and needs of different groups, and also collect reviews and suggestions of our ads, website, or application design and features.

PROS

The process of creating and publishing surveys and collecting data is very simple and fast. We can collect high quality and useful answers or opinions from our target group, and ask for feedback from our users.

CONS

In terms of open-ended questions, it would be helpful if we could use more advanced response validation methods to guide respondents to give more detailed and specific answers.

eloumou