• Pros

• "Ease of use and user experience is awesome. Reliability is very high. "

• "I love the chat function for help and how to's when it comes to features that I may not know about! It is super quick and extremely useful and helpful"

• "I like that Suralink is easy to use. It has a ribbon on top so its easy to see open or returned items. I use it daily, and could not imagine working without it."

• Cons

• "When the client does not use it. Some clients complain it is too difficult. However, if we walk them through how to use it they really start to enjoy it."

• "Some of the features are not as intuitive, but once discovered, it helps improve the overall user experience."

• "Clients have a hard time and get overwhelmed if they have not used it before, however the 'How To' videos are a great tool."

Browse Suralink Reviews

Mike from Holtzman Partners

Suralink Enhances and Simplifies Audit Evidence Collection Process

Overall we've really enjoyed using Suralink and recommend it to all. Support is great too. Easily add licenses as needed.

Pros

Gone are the days of having a DRL or PBC that you manage in an Excel spreadsheet over e-mail or in a Dropbox, Box, or Sharepoint. Suralink does it for you with individual line items for each request, easy drag & drop to upload files, easily download all or just new files, track status, assign owners to requests, make requests private, and more. Can be used for any audit or advisory project where you need evidence from the client. Pay per firm user. Storage is unlimited, client engagements are unlimited.

Cons

Suralink is still developing new functionality. Just released some new APIs that should help. Security only has 2 levels: Staff or Manager.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

Suralink was the best solution for managing an audit engagement's evidence collection process. It's specifically designed for this.

Response from Suralink

Replied October 2020

Thanks for such a great review, Mike! We're glad you're finding value from Suralink. We're also happy to discuss new feature requests anytime. If there's ever anything we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Michael from Baldwin CPAs, PLLC

Best PBC Request/File Share Site I Have Used

Exceptional. I've used a few different PBC request/file share sites and none of them have come close

Pros

Very simple to use, the client view is just like the audit team view so I can walk them through the site, easy to upload, has almost every feature we were looking for, and they are constantly upgrading based on my feedback

Cons

No setup to send automatic status updates to clients throughout an engagement. Must remember to send them manually

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

Much more suitable for an audit engagement, easier to use

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

Suralink had everything we were looking for. Internal softwares were clunky and no one knew how to use them

Jill from Persimmony International

Tech support unresponsive and unhelpful

User level, three years in, never had a problem until last week. Don't bother reaching out to their tech support people unless you enjoy screaming into the abyss.

Pros

I'm a user. When Suralink works, it works fine. The UI could be a little more user-friendly but that's not fatal.

Cons

When the software starts throwing errors (and they all do, eventually) and you reach out to tech support, you're on your own. I spent TWO HOURS trying to clarify THEIR problem for the folks in the online chat, then I got the standard "We're so sorry. We're working on your problem and we'll notify you VERY SOON about our progress" email and that's the last I've heard. I'm very disappointed in the level of customer care these folks are showing.

Angela from Tanner LLC

By FAR one of my favorite accounting tools

Pros

What is NOT to love about Suralink? It makes it incredibly simple to have my clients upload documents that we need, and that the whole team can access the documents in one place, instead of CCing each other on group emails, or forwarding audit support. It also is very helpful in that it tracks who uploaded specific documents and when, as that has helped our team more than once prove that something a client was saying was incorrect, and we had actual evidence to support it. Thank you Suralink team!

Cons

Our firm had an issue with the way Suralink was rolling the documents from year to year, which caused hours of headache once I'd discovered it. We have thankfully since resolved the issue.

Bryce from Cropper Accountancy Corporation

Efficiency and Clarity

I am all in on this app. My clients are appreciating it too. Efficiency on our side and theirs is up.

Pros

I really like the ability to go in, as an audit manager, and get an idea of the status of the audit is. I can see how responsive the client is. I can see how responsive staff is being. This allows me to focus on my attention on the clients that are being responsive. This is very important during busy season. I am constantly in Suralink during busy season, even if staff is doing the interacting with the client. I am also quickly finding the power of the status reports that are sent out to the client and I am beginning to only send communication to the client through the status report function rather than email from Outlook.

Cons

The process of switching from one engagement to another takes one or two steps more than I would like. Maybe having a tool/navigation bar on the side could help.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

Request list capability. Ease of use. Ability to communicate with client through Suralink.

John from Hines

Completely streamlined audit process

Pros

Our organization is extremely complex due to the fact that we have a large number of Legal Entities. The ability to create Audit PBC templates and simply copy those across all our entities in mass has reduced the administrative burden to near-zero time spent by our IT team. The administration is simple enough that our External Auditors own 95% of the process. Prior to adopting Suralink, this process was maintained on SharePoint and was an extremely burdensome process for our organization.

Cons

It would be nice to create dynamic PBCs based on a questionnaire. Often times the nature of our legal entities will create additional PBC items. This is ruled base and could be automated, but is manageable to manually track.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

Alot of effort to maintain security/forms and roll forward the process each year.

Elizabeth from Armanino

Great product!

We use Suralink daily to send and track audit document requests from clients and it works seamlessly and quickly.

Pros

This product is easy to use, timely, and helps immensely in tracking information and client requests.

Cons

Often the notification summary in the website gets too overwhelming due to all the info it tracks--a different way to present the summary would be very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

Firm chose for us but it has been very beneficial.

Emily from PKF Littlejohn LLP

Making everyone's life easier!

It has helped us have greater oversight of audit queries and requests for information and how the client has fulfilled these requests. Organisation and efficiency has greatly improved.

Pros

The ease of use, the user-friendly interface which provides just the right amount of information for both us and the client.

Cons

If someone else set's up the client then it doesn't seem to appear on my dashboard when i'm invited to it.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

Ease of use and it being the most user-friendly product. It mimics the Excel lists and function we already use which allowed us to transition easily to this product.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

We wanted to roll out one product through out the whole company and this was the best product we trailed.

Excellent Tool

Suralink offers structure and a visual representation of the project progress for internal and external users. It allows us to track at any level of granularity depending on the project and the client.

Pros

Suralink offers the flexibility needed for any size company to properly customize the product to reflect core processes. The visual representation of the project progress is very appealing to me and my customers.

Cons

Depending on how structured the existing process is, it can be a little time consuming to setup the initial templates. But once the templates are configured, it is very quick to spin up a new project.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

Suralink price point was much more suited to a small to mid-sized company.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

Sharefile with Excel spreadsheets did not offer us the professional appearance we wanted to project to our customers.

Katy from Cropper Accountancy

Great for Audits!

Sometimes the clients are slow in adapting, and still try to email documents. I continually nudge them to use Suralink, and it's working well.

Pros

It allows both the clients and the audit team to track the status of the engagement. You can make comments, upload files, and watch as your audit goes from 100% outstanding to 100% complete!

Cons

That I cannot delete comments on the engagement once the area is fulfilled.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

For tracking purposes, particularly for our difficult clients.

Joseph from Bennett Thrasher

Suralink Review

Pros

1. The display is very user friendly and can easily be taught in a quick couple minutes crash course to both clients and coworkers. 2. Everything is instantaneous, just like email, so there is not wait time to obtain files. 3. The tracking mechanisms make it easier to stay on top of multiple engagements simultaneously and give a good picture on the progress of each engagement. 4. Rolling forward engagements from one year to the next is unbelievably simple and quick. Alleviates a lot of stress and time sensitivity in doing so. 5. The "yes delete" feature makes it very hard to accidentally delete requests, files, or engagements without intentionally doing so. Very useful when working with new company staff, as they are not familiar with the software.

Cons

1. To my knowledge, there is no way to delete firm provided files if you accidentally upload the wrong file. Instead, you have to delete the request altogether and then create it anew. It would be much easier to simply be able to remove firm provided files. 2. When rolling forward engagements from one year to the next, to my knowledge, there is no easy way to quickly do a find and replace to update years. For example, if we are rolling forward an engagement from 2018 to 2019 and there are 45 requests in the 2018 engagement that say, "as of December 31, 2018", there is no quick and easy way to replace 2018 with 2019. I believe you have to go through and manually change each one.

Julia from REDW LLC

Game Changer!

Pros

Suralink is super easy to use and instruct clients on - literally a drag and drop system. It tracks all movements in each request, has notes to go between you and the client, and is fully encrypted. Going from the old sharefile system or email system with excel sheets to this for our PBC list has been a complete game changer!! I have clients in India, a full 12 hour difference, and this has completely changed the communication issues we've had. I can reject an item, put in a comment, and they immediately see that I have done so and correct it. I can't tell you how many clients have commented how much they love it too!

Cons

Occasionally, the software goes down, and the software relies on the internet, which can be patchy in spots. Support is always quick to get up and running as soon as possible.

Robert from MARCUM LLP

One of the best Provided By Client documentation system

The benefit is that Suralink provides the absolute best environment for users of any technical level to be able to use. As a PBC system, it works well to keep both the client and the users informed when new material is needed or has been uploaded.

Pros

Suralink provides a very quick and easy to understand documentation provision system. You setup your users, and can assign clients to those users, along with the applicable information needed for contact points at the client. Not only does the user see what is still needed for the work to be performed, but the client is able to understand completely what is still needed. Reports are made available via email to the client so they can visually see how much data is required. As a provided by client system, it is one of the best.

Cons

There needs to be one more level of security to allow users to just be users without having to assign all as manager level, so that client assignments can be more restrictive. Depending on use, you may have to assign users as managers instead of just staff so they can see multiple clients at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

The cost was excellent, support has been consistently responsive, and the flexibility of the environment makes it an easy choice.

Karen from Langdon & Company LLP

Suralink Review

Pros

The software overall has been useful for organization purposes and tracking requests better. We like that we are able to import and export our client assistance request list which makes it extremely portable and easy to revise, tailor into outstanding items lists, etc. Being able to link files to requests has been helpful because the client does not always name files that are intuitive.

Cons

1) Better onboarding for clients specifically in regards to their notifications. We often have to email our clients for them to know that information has been added/changed, etc. within Suralink. Their set-up does not seem to be intuitive. 2) Possible additional use of colors to quickly identify changes or new items to requests, particularly if those requests had been previously marked accepted. (Sometimes our clients inadvertently upload additional information to completed requests.) 3) In relation to #2, the timeline is useful but sometimes overwhelming, particularly on bigger jobs. It would be helpful if we could clear the timeline of processed items to only see new notifications. We realize you can mark them as processed, etc.; however, they still show up and that can be confusing.

Brian from SecurityMetrics

Suralink experience

My overall experience has been great. The people I have talked with via the live chat support channel have been very responsive and pleasant. They are "real people" - meaning they don't express false empathy by repeating the problem a customer says in their empathetic response. It may not be "false empathy", but this is a very common mode of operation for customer support interaction. Example: I am having problems with XYZ feature. Support response: I'm sorry you are having a problem with XYZ feature... I just want to talk with a real person who is not bound by scripted responses. Suralink support has always been awesome!

Pros

This software is very customizable and can easily be adapted for any use.

Cons

There have been some features that have not functioned as well as they should. Or rather functions that have not functioned in a way that fits the feature model we use at our company, so I can't say that such features were not as intended by Suralink development. What has come of these instances is that I have passed along things like this to customer support and they have addressed the request in a very responsive manner.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

I don't know how Suralink was selected but it has made evidence gathering and organization for our (SecurityMetrics) specific use much better than it ever was.

Elisabeth from SecurityMetrics

Intuitive and Customizable

Because our product and process can be a bit complicated or hard to keep in order, Suralink is helpful to compartmentalize different aspects of the process. Marking requests as resolved or rejected is helpful to help our customers focus on the things that are most important.

Pros

Suralink is easy to learn; I haven't had any customers who are new to the software need help from me on how to navigate or upload/download documents which is a huge win! Our product that we provide to customers is totally unique per client, so having a fully customizable interface is required. Suralink allows this to happen quickly and easily with the option of cloning specific requests or engagements, if applicable to make work more efficient.

Cons

There are a few buys as far as display that could be improved: - Comments sometimes post or reload with huge bits of gibberish as part of the text and remain that way indefinitely as far as I can tell. The text will run off the window making the comment much less useful. - The functionality to mark the notifications as 'read' often doesn't update so it still has the unread icon even after confirming that things have been read multiple times.

Nick from Henry+Horne

The Best Client Portal Option

Client's love how they can pick up with Suralink and use it as one comprehensive list of outstanding items, it has the reports from the PY, a trail of comments discussing items, and has saved time on engagements by streamlining the flow of documents and information. I believe that the benefit is not only a time save for the firm and the client, but preserves a level of mental sanity and improves the quality of the work environment.

Pros

Suralink is very easy to navigate even for a first time user. I have never had a client who had a negative experience with Suralink. Every client we have introduced to Suralink enjoys it or loves it. Dragging documents and creating requests are super intuitive. Just drag and drop. It leaves time stamps and allows for comment threads that are super helpful from year to year.

Cons

What I like least... If there was a way to scroll over a document and see a preview that would be the only thing I can think of.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

It seemed remarkable simple to use for the firm and the client. It also had completion graphs and simple color illustrations for tracking.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

Another Suralink user highly recommended it.

Shawn from JDS Professional Group

Suralink

I like the software. It does what it is designed to do and I have not experience any functionality issues. It's great for audit.

Pros

Suralink is a great way for clients to see an organized needs list of items needed for an audit. It tracks if items have been loaded. It allows you to mark items complete so that know what is open and what is closed. Finally it gives a timeline and history of activity. It is a huge improvement over trying to sort through emails to determine if something was received and what items on the needs list were still outstanding.

Cons

There is a learning curve with some client. Some, more traditional clients, still prefer to just use email and then you are using two different organization systems and it reduced the effectiveness of Suralink. That's not the problem of the software but rather people's unwillingness to change. The software Sometime I like to load to use the software to view files rather than move them to a folder and tracks every time you open it. It should track the first time it is opened, and then stop. the other history is not of much value.

David from Haskell & White LLP

Suralink Makes Auditors and Clients Happy

Overall clients are happier using Suralink, and it helps improve the efficiencies of our audits.

Pros

My favorite thing about Suralink is that the client and everyone on the engagement team can see exactly what has been provided so far in real time. This significantly cuts down on the thing that clients hate the most, which is when auditors ask for a schedule that they have already provided.

Cons

This is not really the software's fault, but new clients are hesitant to change what they've always done with audits. They are scared of change and don't want to spend the time to learn the software, so there is usually some "pushing" that needs to be done to convince a new client to use Suralink.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

We consulted with several of our affiliate firms who have used online PBC tools. Their feedback was consistent that Suralink was the best one, and that using an online PBC tool increased efficiencies of their audits by more than the tool costs.

Leah from Bennett Thrasher

Leah's review

Absolutely fantastic software.

Pros

I love the organization that is brings for all of our files and comments. I also like the instant ability to see comments and items uploaded by a client. It has made so many of my jobs easy and made it much easier to find client files. It is very user friendly which makes it easy when I am training my clients on how to use the software. I like that I can restrict access to certain requests from employees of my clients as well as my clients feel more secure about using the site.

Cons

It would be nice if I could assign an entire category or subcategory to people without having to assign the individual requests.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

We switched from one of the CCH portals as it did not provide enough separations of files provided (all files were provided in one folder that we had to sort through to find what we wanted), nor did it seem to very user friendly for our clients.

Neon from Haskell & White, LLP

A Great and Versatile Tool for Auditors

An auditor's best friend, it would be hard to go back.

Pros

Suralink is a great piece of software. If everyone commits to using it, it allows auditors to be much more efficient and effective on keeping track of PBC lists, and allow clients to see what is open. This holds everyone accountable, and allows for much less back and forth between auditors and their clients. I also appreciate the fact that it is customizable, and the PBC lists can be customized according to the wants and desires on both sides of the table. Honestly, it would be hard to go back to excel based PBC lists.

Cons

The only real problem with Suralink is the hesitation with certain clients on using it. It can be intimidating to them, and so, clients will not always take to it's use. There are also some small areas that I would like to be able to further customize, but it's nothing I can't deal with.

Nelson from Tanner LLC

A must have for CPA firms

Pros

One of the best things about suralink, is it is easy to create a list of items you need, and everyone on your team and on the client side can have access to it. Everyone can see the files uploaded, and you can easily track what you still need, and what has been provided. It's a great way for clients to see their progress, and be able to provide documents electronically. It keeps documents organized, and our clients love it. It's much easier to use then having documents sent via email, and trying to keep track of everything via email.

Cons

There are bugs in the software here and there, but for the most part, I've rarely run into issues. Every once a while the service will be down, but it usually is up and running again in about 10 minutes. To be honest, there really isn't anything I don't like about suralink. It is a must have for CPA firms.

Sean from Armanino LLP

Best Way to Collaborate with Your Client

Suralink has been a game changer in the way that we request sensitive tax documents and information from our clients. I have found that Suralink has been received well by clients without much trouble which is a huge plus on our client retention goals. I would certainly recommend this product to other accounting firms searching for a solution.

Pros

I would say ease of use is the best feature of this software. Almost all of my clients are able to intuitively use this software. The ability to track outstanding deliverables, provide comments and send sensitive information through the portal makes it invaluable.

Cons

I have never seen the "client side" of the product so I don't always feel super confident explaining to my clients how to use the portal from their view. Fortunately, this has not been an issue. The other item I would really like to see is real time updates through a Microsoft desktop widget or something. The daily email is not enough and having to be in the browser to see updates on all my clients can be a challenge.

Marcus from SecurityMetrics

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great, but could be amazing

I love it. It could be slightly better, but so can everything else. Every customer that I work with love that it is so much easier than what some of their other audit companies have used.

Pros

The ability to organize and manage my audit engagements with each of my customers. It is fairly simple for every company that I have worked with to see what tasks were needed to be completed and what tasks were complete. The tracking feature at the top, the one that displays the percentages, is really useful for keeping the customer focused on completing tasks.

Cons

The management side of things. It is difficult to change requirement number, reorganize requirements, format wording in requirement descriptions, and filter requirements based on assigned users. Each of these features would help me customize each project and manage my customers. The filtering of requirements based on assigned users comment came directly from a customer. They had different users with client accounts in Suralink and the customers project manager wanted to filter requirements based on which employee he was talking to. I realize that this would be helpful to me as well.

Traci from Andrews Hooper Pavlik PLC

CPA Firm Collaboration Success

We noticed immediate results when it came to efficiencies. Our internal and client users have been very impressed with the product. We have only received positive feedback.

Pros

Very easy setup and use User friendly Reduced administrative coordination time on projects Real-time look at job progress Live support Timely communication

Cons

Notifications can be cumbersome Would like ability to resend link to published documents to clients - like a remind link so they are invited to view again (as opposed to having to re-publish)

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

We had been using Thomson's GoFileRoom, which was more of a dropbox for documents. This was a very manual process that works for smaller projects, but was very time intensive for larger audits or clients with multiple engagements. Suralink was just more interactive and allowed for better organization so we could spend our time on what matters when performing an audit.

Jared from Tanner

Suralink is great for auditors and clients

It's a great tool to set preliminary expectations with the client, and get them providing documentation early for an engagement. You can respond to support with questions and get back client responses.

Pros

Suralink is a great way to share an active list of requests. Clients always have access to what items are outstanding to perform the audit, and it's also a centralized storage space for the entire audit team to access. It's simple to create and respond to requests.

Cons

Only one engagement list can be open at a time, meaning you have to close out of one if you want to review another. Additionally, it's difficult to order your requests - when you create a new one, it automatically receives an assignment number, and it may not be numbered consistently with other, similar requests.

Bradon from Smythe LLP

Suralink Review

We are solving the problem of clients taking a long time to upload documents. Having Suralink notify clients that we are uploading documents or changing requests reminds them that we are doing an engagement and they need to provide us with the information to complete it.

Pros

I like that you can roll forward engagements that have been completed in previous years. I also like that we can keep all our documents in one place, and it tells us when clients have downloaded or uploaded documents to the site. It makes it easier to keep track of our engagements.

Cons

it is difficult to navigate and hard to find resources to know how to solve something. For instance, we need to be invited to an engagement before we can see any or upload any documents that we need for an audit. I would like to be able to search for client and request to be part of the engagement team. It is hard to know if the client has a suralink set up or not because this is not an option.

Jordan from Bennett Thrasher

Suralink Review

Very Good. I accidentally deleted a whole binder once and had to call support. They understood the issue was time sensitive and were able to restore it quicker than usual.

Pros

The fact that it is user friendly. The drag and drop function is great. It is very easy to communicate with the client. I like the layout of the requests, and the ability to expand/collapse as necessary

Cons

I wish you didnt have to extract documents after you download more than one. However I do like that you can drag documents into your folder to save them and avoid extracting, its just time consuming either way if there are many requests

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

I am not sure of the name, we just called it "Portal" at the time. It was NOT user friendly and very hard to navigate. Unlike Suralink.

Matthew from Copeland Buhl

Great product

Suralink has been a great product for our firm and we will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

We and our clients are always on the same page with the status of open items.

Cons

The only place this product falls short is a way of communicating new or returned requests to a client on an hour by hour or minute by minute basis. When using the product in conjunction with rapid requesting and answering our client's get lost in seeing what new items are added. The "timeline" tools doesn't work well when dozens of updates are happening every hour. Would be great if there was a way for a client to see what is new since their last login, perhaps filtering by new or returned requests, new files provided, accepted requests, etc.

Chace from Haynie & Company

Excellent for privacy for your clients

I would recommend using Suralink as a private document upload site for any company that wants to give their clients more sense of security.

Pros

I appreciate that this software gives your clients peace of mind and a very private way to provide information to your firm and give them reassurance that their employees information won't be leaked on the web. It also is a great way to customize your requests to your client to get exactly the documents that you need from them.

Cons

A few times the system has a glitch where I was not able to see my side of the Suralink and thus not able to download the documents that the client had uploaded.

Reasons for Choosing Suralink

I was not the one who decided to use the product it would have been management and partners of the firm.

Ryan from Armanino LLP

Suralink for Audit

Pros

The software does a great job of keeping engagements organized. In addition, clients like to see the status of requests and their current progress. It makes auditing much easier due to the cloud, so work can be done from anywhere with an internet connection.

Cons

One only con I can think of is that every time you log into the software, it will take you to a random client's page, and not the most recently visited. It can be annoying to have to click back into the current engagement. Another is that the software does not allow you to have multiple engagements open at once. Often, I have multiple active engagements, and Suralink will require you to close the currently open engagement if you would like to open another.

Marquet from Elliott Davis

Suralink Review

Suralink has been an extremely effective tool for my team and me and has created a significant amount of efficiencies. I have had the best experience with the customer support feature as well, it easy to use and my issues are resolved within minutes most of the time.

Pros

How easy it is to use (for both my clients and my team), how organized it keeps document transfers between the client and my engagement team, the customer support feature, the ability to clone previous engagements' document request lists

Cons

I don't like not being able to move requests around within a section, once you add a request to a category it automatically goes to the bottom of that section and I can't drag it to another location within the section

Kelly from Moore Colson

Suralink

Pros

Ease of use. Security. organization. tailored for accounting/audit

Cons

Wish there was an app. The default when you click on a project should be the most detailed level as default. Instead, you have to toggle on each list to get to the detail of the request. Wish there was at least a user option setting to have your defauls for every list be the most detailed

Kaizhen from The Pun Group

better interation function needed

I really like Suralink actually, most of the client find difficulty in using traditional PBC list, it greatly improve the communication between auditor and client by adding those quick interaction function.

Pros

It's easy to find the document and download it. there are different section. and the status is marked with different color which is really helpful.

Cons

Sometimes we have follow up questions that need pic to explain, we have to save them in excel and create a new category called "xxxx follow up" which waste a lot time and energy. If there is some function support task sepcicfic follow up, for example, tracking for a sample in specific test, it will greatly imporve the communication effiency of auditor and client. Let's say, there are 50 sample in that test, each of them need 5 supporting. Usually, the testing is created under one section and is marked as one request. However, if there is a function, that it open another page when we click on the testing request, and show the status of each sample, it will be great!

Megan from HORNE Cyber Solutions

Suralink is a Game Changer!

We receive documents faster, we eliminate long email chains, and we have a clean request list experience. All of our clients who use this have given us our request items fast than ever before and I attribute that to our ability to keep track of documents and provide status updates.

Pros

Suralink has completely changed the way we receive audit documentation! Our clients love the ease of use and how they can drag and drop documents and leave comments. Our team loves that we can easily send status updates that are kind and still informative and reply to comments while eliminating long email chains. I will never go back to an excel list!

Cons

I don't really enjoy having to format in a certain way, but I understand the need. And our clients would like to be able to add their own users instead of us having to do that every time.

Rhibhu from Armanino LLP

Suralink Review

The Risk Assurance and Advisory Services department of Armanino utilize Suralink for gathering of overall support to aid the documentation process for Audits. Suralink does a decent job with support storage and display of the support. Overall, it's a good application.

Pros

The design is simple and the software loads very easily with no lag at all. The square boxes for request lists are a very helpful indicator of whether the support has been provided or is outstanding/returned. The contact list for clients are stored with the emails right below the names of the clients for ease of communication.

Cons

There isn't anything bad with the application but many improvements can be made. It can be integrated with documentation to include test procedures along with the control description. It can also have a testing tab for controls that require sample testing and a results/summary tab. This would help with the documentation speed by alot, improve the overall auditing process and relationship with the client as well.

cade from BDO USA, LLP

Amazing platform!

I've rarely had problems but when they occasionally arise the live support is incredibly prompt and adept and solving the issue at hand.

Pros

What's not to love? It's intuitive and easy to use and provides a central location where files can be shared securely. I love that all parties can see when requests are generated, files are uploaded or downloaded, and messages left. I've been using Suralink for five years and there is nothing I would like it to have that it doesn't have. Request a demo and you'll see the value I'm talking about in 30 seconds.

Cons

Nothing. It's the best product on the market. If your Firm isn't using it you need to get it.

Mike from WSRP

Great Product. I'd Recommend It to Anyone

Pros

It is really easy to use for both me and my clients to use. No more losing files or wondering if files got lost in email. It's all there for both of us to see. It is easy to set up and modify your request list and categories. And when I forget how to use a feature, the customer service chat can help me resolve it very quickly.

Cons

It is hard to think of anything. Sometimes I can't remember how to do something and I can't figure it out just by looking at my dashboard. But customer service is quick to respond to my questions and remind me how to use certain features so any problems are resolved immediately.

Bruce from SecurityMetrics

Suralink is Almost Perfect

I really helps customers understand what is required of them durring an assessment.

Pros

Task assignments, project organization, file transfer, evidence repository

Cons

Not an option for N/A (Not Applicable) for a Request State. You can select "fulfilled", "Returned", and "Accepted" but it would be very helpful to be able to see the N/A items. We created a template for our customers but not all items are applicable to all customers. I can only select "remember this computer for 30 days" on one system at a time for multi-factor authentication. I use my laptop on site and my desktop at home and I would like to be able to have both systems remembered.

Mayra from Haskell and White LLP

Suralink

Pros

I liked the easy interface and it is very user friendly. I am able to delegate certain tasks to others as well as restricting viewing options for sensitive data. Visually, this software shows how far along a client has fulfilled requests and one can gain a sense of the client's readiness. Also, this software tracks all activity (client and firm) which is extremely useful.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing on how to upload/delete files when you're first learning the software. Also, because its cloud-based, if there are any internet issues, you cannot access the account but that is typically a minor issue.

Dick from Truvantis Inc

Suralink made our job easier

As a secure method of attaching lots of evidence for a large number of requests, Suralink has proven easier for both our firm, and our clients to use, than other much more expensive solutions.

Pros

Being able to customize the excel template and upload a client-specific template each year. Also the search function is invaluable. We like that the reports can be made visible to a subset of the client users.

Cons

Resequencing the requests is problematic, the sort function needs work.

Michael from SecurityMetrics, Inc.

Industry: Information Services

Great Document Management Solution

Overall, this product has made my job much easier. My clients are happy with the product and I will happily continue to use it.

Pros

The product is very user-friendly. We can usually create our client accounts and clients are able to navigate the site and upload documentation without specific instructions on how to use the interface.

Cons

It is difficult to add a new request and then change the order of the requests. Currently, I have to download a csv copy, re-order the requests, and then re-create the engagement using the csv spreadsheet as the template. It would be great if the web interface allowed us to change the order of requests.

Chris from Moore Colson CPAs and Advisors

A great addition to our firm and interaction with clients during the audit process

Suralink has made the process of requesting, receiving, tracking and communication information with client during an audit or review of their financial statements much easier and efficient.

Pros

Ease of use, notifications, up to the minute status, our client's satisfaction

Cons

Nothing that we don't like. Future enhancements such as a client portal for copies of final products and a tool to email items quickly and securely would help use eliminate the use of other tools and use Suralink for these items. It would be a big win for our clients as well.

Colleen from VonLehman

Great Product with slight needed improvements

Overall a great project that is liked by both auditor and client. Only negatives are lack of notifications. When on a job for a week on a client both sides would like options of more regular updates even if that is hourly or immediate. Also ability to renumber the PBC list if items are added to make it easy to find in order.

Pros

Ease of use of the software for client and auditor.

Cons

Inability to renumber or move items around

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

More streamline product that allowed for better organization and file retention.

Danielle from Andrews Hooper Pavlik PLC

Great addition!!

The biggest benefit of using Suralink is how much the clients love using it. We have had great feedback from our clients on how easy it is for them to use. I have noticed how much faster client's get us the requested information compared to the time before we has Suralink. It has allowed all team members involved in the engagements to have access to all documents.

Pros

I like the ease of use. It is very user friendly and intuitive. The software makes it very easy to share documents with clients. I love that you can categorize the documents, so they are easy to find and the due date and assigning features are great. So everyone is on the same page knowing when something is needed and by whom it needs to be supplied.

Cons

There isn't any feature that I have come across that I do not like yet.

amy from Burton McCumber & Longoria, LLP

Pros

It is very user friendly. It has helped tremendously with becoming more efficient with our audit engagements. The entire audit team has access to all of the requests so we are not constantly bugging the client for the same items. Also I love the time/date stamps on everything because it has helped us with our hard meetings when clients are frustrated on timing. MAny times we refer back to when we requested items vs when they delivered.

Cons

I really have no cons to the software. It has really been a great tool for us.

A stream-lined and intuitive file share software

Pros

I use this as a public accountant to satisfy our various requests from clients. It is very easy to use, create needs lists, pull support, edit requests, and track the status of items. I have also heard from many clients that it was very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't experienced any large issues while using the software. If I am preparing or rolling forward a new needs list, it only gives me the option to establish one new "due date" for all requests, when in reality, there are many different due dates. Not a large issue; just more of a mild inconvenience.

Stephan from Rodl Langford de Kock

Unrivalled convenience

Suralink has made requesting and receiving of large data files, easy, organized, user friendly and convenient with the ability to restrict access only to specific people in the same request setup. It has made a real difference to all in the public accounting industry.

Pros

The ability to transfer and receive files too large for email, combined with the ability to limit access to specific persons. It is also super convenient that clients can drag requested files specifically to each request.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Since we started using it, PBC requests have been a total game changer compared to prior products.

Kari from Haskell & White LLP

Great source for file sharing

Our firm received positive feedback from the staff and clients when we implemented the change to Suralink. It has been a good switch for us. The customer service is also very responsive and helpful.

Pros

I like that this is an easy platform to share files between the client and the firm. The requests can be rolled forward to the next period easily. I also like that you can set up controls over who has access to the client information.

Cons

Sometimes switching between windows isn't the most logical, but it is easy to figure out.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

We wanted an easier interface.

Thomas from Johnson Lambert LLP

Suralink Review

This is a much more efficient way to obtain and organize client documents. Overall, hours on jobs are down and I am much less frustrated trying to find PBC documents now that I can search them all in one place.

Pros

Very user friendly and my clients love it. It is also far more secure and organized compared to sending via email or any other method.

Cons

The auditor view of an engagement could use more customization. I would like to be able to remove the Overview Bar (completely, not just the pie chart) and be able to adjust the window size of the request list and listing of documents the client uploaded.

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

This is much more organized and easier for our clients to use. It is also very secure compared to Box.com.