• icon"I like how user friendly it is and how easy it is for clients to figure out. I can invite client users and they're usually able to figure it out pretty easily."
  • icon"Ease of use for our side and our clients, helps keep things organized, and great project management tool. Absolutely love suralink."
  • icon"The software makes it very easy to share documents with clients. I love that you can categorize the documents, so they are easy to find and the due date and assigning features are great."
  • icon"I think mostly user error). Is there a cheat sheet out there for clients that have multiple accounts."
  • icon"I sense clients get confused in how to manage notifications and/or by why they're receiving notifications, as sometimes there is a lag."
  • icon"Interface can be confusing for people intimidated by new technology (e.g., some clients may not like it). It is missing integrations (e.g., to sharefile)."

Browse all Suralink Reviews

• Have you used Suralink and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

August 2022

One of the best Provided By Client documentation system

Christopher

A massive time saver for CPAs and their clients

It has provided a higher level of professionalism to our information request process while greatly reducing the administrative burden of tracking information requests.

Pros

Extremely user friendly, minimal training needed for staff or clients.

Cons

The only issue that we have had to date has been clients using extremely old web browsers, which is hard to label as a Suralink issue.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

Strong recommendations from Allinial Global member firms.

Mike

Suralink Enhances and Simplifies Audit Evidence Collection Process

Overall we've really enjoyed using Suralink and recommend it to all. Support is great too. Easily add licenses as needed.

Pros

Gone are the days of having a DRL or PBC that you manage in an Excel spreadsheet over e-mail or in a Dropbox, Box, or Sharepoint. Suralink does it for you with individual line items for each request, easy drag & drop to upload files, easily download all or just new files, track status, assign owners to requests, make requests private, and more. Can be used for any audit or advisory project where you need evidence from the client. Pay per firm user. Storage is unlimited, client engagements are unlimited.

Cons

Suralink is still developing new functionality. Just released some new APIs that should help. Security only has 2 levels: Staff or Manager.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

Suralink was the best solution for managing an audit engagement's evidence collection process. It's specifically designed for this.

Response from Suralink

Thanks for such a great review, Mike! We're glad you're finding value from Suralink. We're also happy to discuss new feature requests anytime. If there's ever anything we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied October 2020

Mahmoud

November 2022

Suralink review

Pros

It's easy to use and works great, and it's very easy to learn. It would also be nice if it integrated with iChannel

Cons

I use this software and since then I haven't found any disadvantages

Dominick

Suralink: Wiss/WEST Growth

Pros

It works. I do not have experience with other software's so not certain how to compare. It would be great if it could integrate with iChannel

Cons

I work for WEST Growth, LLC which is a subsidiary of Wiss and Company, LLP. I do not have any other experience with secure portal except for Suralink so I am not sure how useful my opinion is, however, I have several clients who complain about the UI. Basically, it is not very straightforward/learning curve involved.

Jill

August 2022

Useful but not perfect

We use Suralink to track our submissions for an annual SOC 2 test/audit. Overall, it's pretty helpful; the UI needs a LOT of work, though, to be much more user-friendly.

Pros

I like the running "bar" across the top of the UI that tells me where things stand.

Cons

The UI is INEFFICIENT and hard to reset.

Best PBC Request/File Share Site I Have Used

Exceptional. I've used a few different PBC request/file share sites and none of them have come close

Pros

Very simple to use, the client view is just like the audit team view so I can walk them through the site, easy to upload, has almost every feature we were looking for, and they are constantly upgrading based on my feedback

Cons

No setup to send automatic status updates to clients throughout an engagement. Must remember to send them manually

Reasons for choosing Suralink

Much more suitable for an audit engagement, easier to use

Reasons for switching to Suralink

Suralink had everything we were looking for. Internal softwares were clunky and no one knew how to use them

Completely streamlined audit process

Pros

Our organization is extremely complex due to the fact that we have a large number of Legal Entities. The ability to create Audit PBC templates and simply copy those across all our entities in mass has reduced the administrative burden to near-zero time spent by our IT team. The administration is simple enough that our External Auditors own 95% of the process. Prior to adopting Suralink, this process was maintained on SharePoint and was an extremely burdensome process for our organization.

Cons

It would be nice to create dynamic PBCs based on a questionnaire. Often times the nature of our legal entities will create additional PBC items. This is ruled base and could be automated, but is manageable to manually track.

Reasons for switching to Suralink

Alot of effort to maintain security/forms and roll forward the process each year.

Elizabeth

Great product!

We use Suralink daily to send and track audit document requests from clients and it works seamlessly and quickly.

Pros

This product is easy to use, timely, and helps immensely in tracking information and client requests.

Cons

Often the notification summary in the website gets too overwhelming due to all the info it tracks--a different way to present the summary would be very helpful.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

Firm chose for us but it has been very beneficial.

Emily

Making everyone's life easier!

It has helped us have greater oversight of audit queries and requests for information and how the client has fulfilled these requests. Organisation and efficiency has greatly improved.

Pros

The ease of use, the user-friendly interface which provides just the right amount of information for both us and the client.

Cons

If someone else set's up the client then it doesn't seem to appear on my dashboard when i'm invited to it.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

Ease of use and it being the most user-friendly product. It mimics the Excel lists and function we already use which allowed us to transition easily to this product.

Reasons for switching to Suralink

We wanted to roll out one product through out the whole company and this was the best product we trailed.

Excellent Tool

Suralink offers structure and a visual representation of the project progress for internal and external users. It allows us to track at any level of granularity depending on the project and the client.

Pros

Suralink offers the flexibility needed for any size company to properly customize the product to reflect core processes. The visual representation of the project progress is very appealing to me and my customers.

Cons

Depending on how structured the existing process is, it can be a little time consuming to setup the initial templates. But once the templates are configured, it is very quick to spin up a new project.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

Suralink price point was much more suited to a small to mid-sized company.

Reasons for switching to Suralink

Sharefile with Excel spreadsheets did not offer us the professional appearance we wanted to project to our customers.

Joseph

Suralink Review

Pros

1. The display is very user friendly and can easily be taught in a quick couple minutes crash course to both clients and coworkers. 2. Everything is instantaneous, just like email, so there is not wait time to obtain files. 3. The tracking mechanisms make it easier to stay on top of multiple engagements simultaneously and give a good picture on the progress of each engagement. 4. Rolling forward engagements from one year to the next is unbelievably simple and quick. Alleviates a lot of stress and time sensitivity in doing so. 5. The "yes delete" feature makes it very hard to accidentally delete requests, files, or engagements without intentionally doing so. Very useful when working with new company staff, as they are not familiar with the software.

Cons

1. To my knowledge, there is no way to delete firm provided files if you accidentally upload the wrong file. Instead, you have to delete the request altogether and then create it anew. It would be much easier to simply be able to remove firm provided files. 2. When rolling forward engagements from one year to the next, to my knowledge, there is no easy way to quickly do a find and replace to update years. For example, if we are rolling forward an engagement from 2018 to 2019 and there are 45 requests in the 2018 engagement that say, "as of December 31, 2018", there is no quick and easy way to replace 2018 with 2019. I believe you have to go through and manually change each one.

Julia

Game Changer!

Pros

Suralink is super easy to use and instruct clients on - literally a drag and drop system. It tracks all movements in each request, has notes to go between you and the client, and is fully encrypted. Going from the old sharefile system or email system with excel sheets to this for our PBC list has been a complete game changer!! I have clients in India, a full 12 hour difference, and this has completely changed the communication issues we've had. I can reject an item, put in a comment, and they immediately see that I have done so and correct it. I can't tell you how many clients have commented how much they love it too!

Cons

Occasionally, the software goes down, and the software relies on the internet, which can be patchy in spots. Support is always quick to get up and running as soon as possible.

Robert

One of the best Provided By Client documentation system

The benefit is that Suralink provides the absolute best environment for users of any technical level to be able to use. As a PBC system, it works well to keep both the client and the users informed when new material is needed or has been uploaded.

Pros

Suralink provides a very quick and easy to understand documentation provision system. You setup your users, and can assign clients to those users, along with the applicable information needed for contact points at the client. Not only does the user see what is still needed for the work to be performed, but the client is able to understand completely what is still needed. Reports are made available via email to the client so they can visually see how much data is required. As a provided by client system, it is one of the best.

Cons

There needs to be one more level of security to allow users to just be users without having to assign all as manager level, so that client assignments can be more restrictive. Depending on use, you may have to assign users as managers instead of just staff so they can see multiple clients at a time.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

The cost was excellent, support has been consistently responsive, and the flexibility of the environment makes it an easy choice.

Karen

Suralink Review

Pros

The software overall has been useful for organization purposes and tracking requests better. We like that we are able to import and export our client assistance request list which makes it extremely portable and easy to revise, tailor into outstanding items lists, etc. Being able to link files to requests has been helpful because the client does not always name files that are intuitive.

Cons

1) Better onboarding for clients specifically in regards to their notifications. We often have to email our clients for them to know that information has been added/changed, etc. within Suralink. Their set-up does not seem to be intuitive. 2) Possible additional use of colors to quickly identify changes or new items to requests, particularly if those requests had been previously marked accepted. (Sometimes our clients inadvertently upload additional information to completed requests.) 3) In relation to #2, the timeline is useful but sometimes overwhelming, particularly on bigger jobs. It would be helpful if we could clear the timeline of processed items to only see new notifications. We realize you can mark them as processed, etc.; however, they still show up and that can be confusing.

Brian

Suralink experience

My overall experience has been great. The people I have talked with via the live chat support channel have been very responsive and pleasant. They are "real people" - meaning they don't express false empathy by repeating the problem a customer says in their empathetic response. It may not be "false empathy", but this is a very common mode of operation for customer support interaction. Example: I am having problems with XYZ feature. Support response: I'm sorry you are having a problem with XYZ feature... I just want to talk with a real person who is not bound by scripted responses. Suralink support has always been awesome!

Pros

This software is very customizable and can easily be adapted for any use.

Cons

There have been some features that have not functioned as well as they should. Or rather functions that have not functioned in a way that fits the feature model we use at our company, so I can't say that such features were not as intended by Suralink development. What has come of these instances is that I have passed along things like this to customer support and they have addressed the request in a very responsive manner.

Reasons for choosing Suralink

I don't know how Suralink was selected but it has made evidence gathering and organization for our (SecurityMetrics) specific use much better than it ever was.

Bryce

Efficiency and Clarity

I am all in on this app. My clients are appreciating it too. Efficiency on our side and theirs is up.

Pros

I really like the ability to go in, as an audit manager, and get an idea of the status of the audit is. I can see how responsive the client is. I can see how responsive staff is being. This allows me to focus on my attention on the clients that are being responsive. This is very important during busy season. I am constantly in Suralink during busy season, even if staff is doing the interacting with the client. I am also quickly finding the power of the status reports that are sent out to the client and I am beginning to only send communication to the client through the status report function rather than email from Outlook.

Cons

The process of switching from one engagement to another takes one or two steps more than I would like. Maybe having a tool/navigation bar on the side could help.

Reasons for switching to Suralink

Request list capability. Ease of use. Ability to communicate with client through Suralink.

Elisabeth

Intuitive and Customizable

Because our product and process can be a bit complicated or hard to keep in order, Suralink is helpful to compartmentalize different aspects of the process. Marking requests as resolved or rejected is helpful to help our customers focus on the things that are most important.

Pros

Suralink is easy to learn; I haven't had any customers who are new to the software need help from me on how to navigate or upload/download documents which is a huge win! Our product that we provide to customers is totally unique per client, so having a fully customizable interface is required. Suralink allows this to happen quickly and easily with the option of cloning specific requests or engagements, if applicable to make work more efficient.

Cons

There are a few buys as far as display that could be improved: - Comments sometimes post or reload with huge bits of gibberish as part of the text and remain that way indefinitely as far as I can tell. The text will run off the window making the comment much less useful. - The functionality to mark the notifications as 'read' often doesn't update so it still has the unread icon even after confirming that things have been read multiple times.

Shawn

Suralink

I like the software. It does what it is designed to do and I have not experience any functionality issues. It's great for audit.

Pros

Suralink is a great way for clients to see an organized needs list of items needed for an audit. It tracks if items have been loaded. It allows you to mark items complete so that know what is open and what is closed. Finally it gives a timeline and history of activity. It is a huge improvement over trying to sort through emails to determine if something was received and what items on the needs list were still outstanding.

Cons

There is a learning curve with some client. Some, more traditional clients, still prefer to just use email and then you are using two different organization systems and it reduced the effectiveness of Suralink. That's not the problem of the software but rather people's unwillingness to change. The software Sometime I like to load to use the software to view files rather than move them to a folder and tracks every time you open it. It should track the first time it is opened, and then stop. the other history is not of much value.

Nick