• Pros

• "What I like most about this software is that it is very user friendly and keeps things very organized. Also, I like that it links to QuickBooks. "

• "Very user friendly and easy to use and navigate interface. "

• "We really liked how easy it was to navigate through the system, its really hard to mess anything up because there is so much availability to do things the way you feel comfortable with! "

• Cons

• "The software is missing some minor stuff but these guys keep updating it every day. "

• "It's still new so there's a little ways to go..but that's what I like too. It isn't 20 years old with updates to make it 'modern'"

• "Just that there is not as much for Tractor and Trailer Repair as that as what we do, we took a leap doing it but has fit us just fine!"

Browse Shopmonkey Reviews

Micah from MP Mobile Mechanic

Fantastic software!

Pros

Being mobile, having a cloud based software that had a professional look, inventory, matrixes and great features was essential. I enjoy working with another startup and seeing all the new features coming out.

Cons

I do seem to get glitches in the software when new features roll out but they disappear quickly. Any issues I have had that needed me to talk with support have been solved within minutes unlike my last software that never fixed the one issue I had.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I did sign up with Identifix because I need their massive collection of diagrams and diagnostic reports. Compass 360 is very expensive.

Derik from Project Reality Automotive Tuning And Service (PRATS)

Stellar Customer Service! Efficient and user friendly

Beyond excellent!

Pros

First off: The customer service is beyond impeccable. Everyone is kind, knowledgable, informative, and proactive. The Shopmonkey staff listens to their customers and puts they're are constantly improving their software to suite their entire customer base. They are the kind of business that not only reads what's in the customer suggestion box, but actually implements the suggestions. The software: Simple, in the sense that it is very user friendly. The 3 different tiers make it easier for smaller shops to have a reliable platform to start with. It also provides lager high volume shops with the tools needed to work as efficiently as possible. Many service writing programs are littered with tabs, drop menus, pages, silly graphics, and so on, which results in a cluttered and confusing screen - especially for the trainee. Simply put, my 13 year old nephew can use Shopmonkey software with ease with out mistakes.

Cons

Not really a con: occasionally I come across a something like not having the option to select AWD in the vehicle description. It used be that you could only select FWD 2WD or RWD. Once a suggestion was made, in a short period of time they had updated this feature and every typical configuration was available. Like I said before, Shopmonkey reads the notes in the suggestion box and implements what makes sense.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I tried a few different trial periods with other cloud based service writing software companies, and then trying shop monkey. I was sold after the first day and never looked back.

Charles from IPOR Inc

Great customer service

Pros

Customer service, hands down. The software is relatively problem free but should you need help finding a feature or even adding one that wasn't there before this company is super responsive. Quick, accurate responses that save you time and money. Practical use is good, the ability to add canned services for commonly sold packages is great. They've recently added the ability to move line items between and within services - sounds small but anything that helps provide more clear communication w/customer is great and the SMS feature, with pictures, is great for that.

Cons

Like most automotive packages some tie in's don't work well - carfax (separate product that SM integrates with) has plenty of problems but that's the carfax product not SM. Same with the parts/labor lookup. Invoicing and reporting are not as feature rich as other platforms. Things like "sales tax" reports should be integrated into any invoicing package but SM does not handle tax well.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Cost, flexibility. We stayed because the customer support is so good. Fishbowl is far more powerful and suits our business well but their customer support was terrible and after 3 years bugs we pointed out the first week were still not fixed.

Frank from Top Shop Auto

Shop Monkey is very easy to use in our auto repair shop.

We rolled out SM three months ago, moving from paper RO management to no paper. We did this with older non-computer using techs and everything went great. Not looking back at all, we left Aldata Manage. We now can do all shop operations and customer communication with ease. Text approvals and appointment confirmation come rolling in.

Pros

I'v used ADP, R&R, Alldata, Mitchel, and others..........Shop Monkey is the best interface and work flow by far. We love it. Amazing customer support.

Cons

Need a good CRM to manage and reach our customers list. Need to get the real World Pack order system connected.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

The interface with the work flow, appointments, ROs, and the invoice process, Digital inspections, Parts ordering in the RO, Customer communication, Ability to move an RO to invoice-appointment-process- and back, with no issues, can't mess up.

Alex from Precision Diesel Performance

Best Switch we could have made

Pros

Shopmonkey is extremely user friendly. All of our technicians log their daily work/hours and they say its the easiest thing they have ever used. The reporting system makes my life very easy since I am in the office doing all the accounting. Being able to add tags and put notes in is great as well and they are color coded so they stand out!

Cons

We do a lot of custom jobs here and it would be great if multiple technicians could punch into one section of a job at a time. Another feature I think would be really useful is having the last 8 digits of the VIN number more prominent for ease when calling the dealership.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

The other system seemed very intense and wayyyy too much info.

Hannah from Precision Motorsports, Inc.

Love, Love, Love Shopmonkey!!!

My overall experience has been great! It was totally stress-free switching over from our other software. The support team imported all of our contacts and parts info from the software we'd been using. Shopmonkey is just so easy to learn to use! Everything is so intuitive. If you do have trouble, the support team is literally just a click away and respond super fast! I love being able to offer online payments to my customers as a payment option. I really love being able to communicate with customers through text/email right through the software. Can send an estimate or invoice with the click of a button instead of having to save it as a PDF then opening up my email account and attaching the doc. The workflow feature is so great because it helps us stay organized with our customers! Sticky notes are a thing of the past for me now!

Pros

It is very easy to use! There is little to no learning curve. Very intuitive! Also, has some really great features that I'm loving! Everything works seamlessly! It's a lot of fun to use! Shopmonkey's support team is probably my favorite feature! These guys are phenomenal! No having to call into a tech support line and waiting on hold! Just send a message through Shopmonkey's chat feature and they respond within a minute or two. They've been able to answer my questions every time. They haven't let me down once.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about Shopmonkey! I'm looking forward the release of the mobile app!

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I just knew pretty quickly that Shopmonkey was for me. Once I did the walk-through with one of the support guys, I really liked it. At the end of my trial period, I was sold. I'd been nervous about having to learn a new software, but Shopmonkey was so easy to learn. And it's a lot of fun to use! Once I realized how great the support team is, I knew I had nothing to worry about!

Don from Rubidoux Tire and Brake

Shop Monkey Review

Shop Monkey runs my whole shop on a daily basis, its the first thing I open when my system comes online and the last thing I close when I go home. it manages my employees time, customers, scheduling, parts and my daily workload, not to mention all the financial data you need to run your shop. When I started with shop monkey I required a software to help guide me in the right direction and have everything needed that maybe I would not have thought of to run and manage my business. I will admit at the very beginning I found some things missing and with some struggles. But the support and growth of Shop monkey quickly rose to meet my needs. Shop monkey team worked on every one of my requests and concerns and built it in to the success it is today and at a very quickly pace, working though all my needs. I am very satisfied in the direction it has and is going. I'm excited to see the next new things that come to production in the software.

Pros

It had a new updated technology look and feel to it, was not the old typical updated Green screen look with some windows added. Was easy to navigate, and I was looking for a web based software that I did not have to constantly be upgrading software hardware and OS to keep running.

Cons

Was missing some of the deep in depth business functions, that have mostly been added already. it needed more functionality in administration of users functionality and controls. that have also been fixed. Reporting was missing features and has been much improved.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I will give you a quick idea of my background so what I say here has more weight. I left automotive to go into IT and was an IT engineer for 22 years before going back to automotive, so I have a very deep understanding of technology and software and knew what was best for me and my shop. I chose Look and Feel and newer generation of software platform to the others that where old software redesigned to look pretty, but because they are all build on older platform software they will have to rediscover and rebuild to get to the next generation software like shop monkey. I didn't want to have to go through that kind of transition later when the other companies realize they need to catch up and while in the middle of running a busy shop. so I went with one that was already built for the next generation of software.Thank you!

Tinamarie from Seyfer Specialties

Super Satisfied

I feel so much more organized and that I am communicating with my customer properly.

Pros

Ease of use, I love that it transfers to Quickbooks, I can send estimates and invoices to my customers via email and text, and I like the different views so I can get an overall idea of going on in the shop at anytime. The other thing I love is the pricing matrix...this makes it so easy to charge what I need to without having to do any calculations on each ticket.

Cons

I wouldn't say I don't like anything...but I would like to see this tool allow me to send out emails to all my customers, invites and promotions. I would also like to see an application for the tool so that my guys can time in easier.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I like that it is web-based, the look and feel of this product is better and I love the customer service at Shopmonkey -- they always answer my questions right away when I open the chat box. I don't have time to call in an account manager or set up a training - I can learn on my own and got to start using it right away. I

Ashley from Atlas Auto Spring Co LLC

Excellent Software

Pros

I really love the way Shopmonkey is easy to use. I have tried many other shop management systems and NONE are as simple as this one. I truly love the carfax integration, it makes life so much easier, and although there are other shop systems that also have this feature, it definitely wasn't as easy to use as Shopmonkey. In fact I had issues trying to access the carfax information in other systems. I also love the payment terminal, its very modern and easy to use. I am beyond pleased with Shopmonkey.

Cons

There is nothing that I really dislike about Shopmonkey. If I must say, one thing that would work well with the software is adding the option to not only add customer information but also company information. Adding a customer or company switch when adding a new customer would work well here. For Example, as a shop manager I work with a lot of other shops and fix some of their vehicles adding them into Shopmonkey can get complicated because they don't go by first or last name which is required to add a new customer.

Ellen from TDI Repair & Towing Service

Shop Monkey is USER Friendly~

We have had a GREAT overall experience! We were so nervous taking the leap because we have depended on our current program for ten years. So far we are not disappointed The customer service is OUTSTANDING! Within minutes I have an answer no matter how many questions I have a day!

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Although there are similarities, there was a lot with Full Bay that would not be utilized, we have an older generation here that just would be very frustrated so we wanted to make this jump smooth

Megan from Miami Valley Truck Center

Easy to Learn & Fantastic Customer Support!

Pros

This software is the opposite of "clunky." It's easy to navigate and learn quite rapidly. I love how you can customize the workflow based on your own shop's processes. Being able to take pictures of needed repairs and send them via text/e-mail directly to the customer is one of our favorite features. Showing the customer what's actually wrong with their truck or trailer provides transparency and strengthens trust with our company. The messages and pictures save right into the estimate so everything for that repair is all in the same place. Customer support is very responsive. I've never had to wait more than a couple of hours to get help (most of the time it's a response within a few minutes.) A few times, I've needed support on bigger customized things that was more than a quick fix. They always took the initiative to stay in touch with me (instead of me tracking them down for an update).

Cons

There are a few features that I wish were available (such as a mobile app), but the customer support team is always listening to features the customers want. They have a dedicated page where you can request features and you can comment and vote on other people's requests. You can see what features they approved and are working on at the moment (the mobile app is one of them.) Even if there's something you don't like about the software, chances are they are already working on improving it or adding that feature if you just ask! Best thing about Shopmonkey: It's super easy to get started using and once you do, you have a great team standing by willing to improve it based on their customer's feedback. We are very satisfied customers. Oh and we love that it's cloud based so our mobile technicians can use it outside of the shop.

Chris from Vinyl ink

Excellent software for automotive related businesses!

With the system only being about 2 years in development, Shopmonkey has outdone other programs which have been around for many years. The owner of Shopmonkey, Ashot... has been EXTREMELY accommodating in pushing features into the app which we otherwise would not be able to function without. He literally EARNED my business. I would note that it may been under unique circumstances though. My automotive related business was a little different than their existing services which they supported. We actually do vehicle wraps and vinyl graphics for personal vehicles as well as commercial advertising. I believe that Ashot saw a need to support these features in an attempt to expand the reach of his software to include my industry. The near future for us with Shopmonkey looks extremely promising. The planned features will incorporate practically everything we could ever ask for from this app, if not more. Our shop workflow relies on this system and Shopmonkey has truly made our POS/CRM system so much more seamless. Customer interactions function directly through the app, so everything is in one place and easier to track. I am truly impressed and thankful to have found these guys.

Pros

This app is extremely intuitive and thoughtful. Where many apps fail on UI, Shopmonkey has excelled at providing a beautiful interface with features that make sense. The customer service is unparalleled with in-app chat, directly connecting you with the developers and Shopmonkey LISTENS... they have an amazing feedback section which allows users to post app suggestions, comment on suggestions and rate them up! Once Shopmonkey moves the features into planning or development stage, the suggestions get tagged as such and the features that were requested, actually get incorporated into the app!! Maybe not all of them, but whatever makes sense of course and whatever has the most demand.

Cons

If I had to say what I "liked the least" about the software... would be that it was still in it's early stages and still being developed. This isn't exactly a huge downfall and there are actually advantages of this like the fact that I feel we have a bit more leeway to get features we want incorporated... but.. certain features that are a bit more advanced or just plainly further down on their development roadmap, well those are just things that we have to wait for... excitedly. There 'are' negatives associated with software which is in its early steps.. some people may not be able to work with features that may be temporarily "buggy" or lacking. I personally am a "little" anal retentive with things like this... but after searching for software which was available to my industry... and using many different application "free trials"... I saw something in Shopmonkey which didn't exist with anything else I could find on the market. So, in short... the things that I like the least... are by far outweighed by the things I like about the app.

Shah from SSR Performance

Insanely happy since day 1!

continued from 'Cons: What did you like least about this software?'... Also the amount that the customer is being charged should be forced to be typed in. Have had many situations when you are trying to get the customer out when they are in a rush and the accidental amount is fully showed "paid". Thankfully my team has caught it every time that mistake is made, but I am sure that this will soon cause issues when it is accidentally overlooked. All that simply needs to happen is that the autofill for the amount has to be removed. This will allow the user to be able to enter the information themselves properly.

Pros

This software makes running a shop so much easier and simpler. It helps the whole team stay on track and leaves little to no room for error or miscommunication!

Cons

There are a few "basic features" that in my opinion are no-brainers that we have already made the support team aware of. - Reports needs to be more customizable so that we can easily calculate real gross profit (the most important thing in any business) that comes into the shop and also be able to categorize it by service writer. From my understanding and from what I have seen it can only be calculated for all invoices that have been made, and not just paid invoices in the 'profitability' report. Given that everything is already tracked all we would need is a way to have a report that allows us to use every filter there is. 'Zayn' from our team has already brought this up to the support team for Shop Monkey, hopefully it will be implemented very soon. - There needs to be a way to enter in "completion dates" for each vehicle so that there can be a separate work flow for "deadlines" that are coming up along with notifications that are customizable (i.e. "notify the team 3 days before completion date", "notify the team on the day of completion date"). Already brought up to the team by Shah. - When entering in a payment and a full payment is made, there should be some kind of option so that the order goes directly into the "Invoices" section of workflow. Maybe a check box that just closes the deal. Because remembering to move it over every single time when you have a customer in front of you waiting to get you to take him / her to their car its easy to forget.

Lisa from Vintage Iron and Restoration

Shopmonkey - Glad we switched! No regrets!

Great product...and it just keeps getting better. Our invoices are more detailed (and accurate). Our employees and shop manager can see the amount of time they have logged into a particular activity within a job (they couldn't do this before). The ease of communication (and the tracking of those conversations) with our customers is also very nice. Love the quick response time from Shopmonkey staff and their willingness to listen to suggestions.

Pros

Everything is better than what we were using before but the feature we like best is the ability to clock into and track time on individual activities within a bigger job. I also like that it's still a work in process and that the staff at Shopmonkey is interested in the ideas of it's users. They are very fast in responding to an issue.

Cons

We are more of a restoration shop than a repair shop - so our jobs are often bigger jobs that require periodic billing to the customer. We have created some work arounds to make this work for our company but there really isn't an ideal "out of the box" solution with this software. Note: Our work arounds are still better than what we were using previously...

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We chose Shopmonkey because it was developed for our specific industry and understood our needs better. Glad we did!

Jeff from Good Vibes Garage

A Refreshingly Simple Solution for the Auto Repair Industry that Brings us Into the 21st Century

We are using the system to run an auto repair shop with five technicians. Our lead mechanic with 25 years experience in the industry working for several different shops and dealerships is blown away with the ease of use and loves communicating with clients through ShopMonkey. We have the system installed on several mobile devises that our techs carry throughout the shop, which makes inspections, quotes, work orders and customer communication extremely efficient. The customer messaging system (which I was skeptical of at first) is great, and our customers are really happy to use it. This makes documentation of approvals seamless and saves us a huge amount of time trying to call and talk to customers. We have the system integrated with Stripe and Quickbooks, so accepting payments and book keeping is competently taken care of. Our customers can't believe how easy it is to set up an appointment, get notifications of quotes, messages to and from our techs, and then they can just pay online with a credit card when they are notified their car is done. They look at us like we're crazy for making the process so easy for them, having been so used to the old way of interacting with repair shops. We have also found that this streamlined customer interaction is building trust with our customers as there is compete transparency with the work they are approving and paying for. Thank you ShopMonkey!

Pros

Completely online allowing us to go totally paperless. Lightening fast quote generation that seamlessly ties to labor guides. A simple and effective customer messaging system that our customers actually want to use! Easy to understand reports with no extra baggage that are easily filtered. Stripe and QuickBooks integration that just works. A support team that is ultra responsive and quick to implement new ideas. Absolutely no downtown or system errors. It is so nice that someone finally brought the auto repair industry into the 21st century!

Cons

Nothing. It is EXACTLY what I want. Looking forward to more integrations and features as the team advances the software.

Mark from The Bike Hub

Form and Function

It's been very smooth across the board. We brought it on as an appointment scheduling tool as well as a Mobile Repair Potential when we're out on jobs and delivering bikes for pick up or drop off.

Pros

As a bike shop owner things have to be organized. The system allows me to quickly organize a large docket of requests and organize them by priority and types of requests. This is huge because it allows us to quickly communicate to our customers and give them realistic expectations prior to their arrival.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the feature is not having implemented it earlier and in hopes that it will integrate more into other POS assets. We currently have it integrated onto our website and is working smoothly - ideally if it were able to integrate with our POS system that would be perfect. It would be nice to create contracts and subscriptions that are based around small businesses like ours as well or have flex plans but all in all I think what you're offering is of fair value. We're still moving off our old system and training the staff on the new system is the only hurdle in that we are back logged on the old one.

Shaun from Drive Motor Garage, Inc

20 Years I.T. Developer Now Owner Of Classic Auto Restoration Shop

It is great pipeline and project management functions, with all the key functions of business and accounting operations baked in. We can see what projects are in the various pipelines of production, and techs can pick away at the jobs lined up in their queue. With the integration to Intuit, this is a killer software for gearheads who don't want to be sitting in front of a computer doing the mundane and boring side of business. Turn more wrenches... Make loads of $$$

Pros

Fast, Simple, and features business owners, and project managers would kill to have. Nothing out there compares to ShopMonkey. I was on the verge of making my own software for our new Classic Auto Restoration Company, but then found ShopMonkey. It's like they downloaded all of my desired features of shop management software from my brain and built it just for me. Now I can just build badass cars and trucks and let ShopMonkey do the rest!!

Cons

Hard to find as Ashot and his team are constantly one step ahead of what our needs are. Keep up the great work!!

Aaron from HP Garage

SHOPMONKEY KEEPS OUR BUISNESS RUNNING!

My overall experience with Shopmonkey has been a great pleasure as they make my day and workflow move smoothly and as it should while providing me with more tools then I need. I look forward to growing my business with the help of such a great software platform to work with!

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to learn, easy to communicate with staff members. keeps tract of everything needed to keep an automotive repair shop running smooth without valuable information getting missed or forgotten. Shopmonkey keeps our shop running smoothly and making sure we are making the money we need for our services.

Cons

I cant put my finger on a part of the program i dislike. there is such good communication in the shopmonkey community as well as direct communication with the development team that if anything does come up where something is proving difficult or just harder then needs be or something could be added to improve work flow, the team is there to listen and make improvements! It's a community and a supportive one. In the business world, that is something that is hard to find these days.

Joseph from Fort Worth Autowerks

A trained monkey...

Shop Monkey went to the source for solving problems. Shops! With all that is required for managing a multiple bay, multiple tech shop, Shop Monkey took the time, and they still take the time, to engage with their client base to learn from their users. They are continually making a better, more streamlined product that a trained monkey could learn to use.

Pros

If you can set up and manage a social media page....then you can set up and manage a Shop Monkey page. It is very user intuitive. Shop Monkey has always been lightning fast with replies to concerns, questions or recommendations from users. It is seamless to assess reports and send them to Quick Books or to our CPA. Tracking sales, profit margins and an ability for our tech's to use it as well are all only added benefits.

Cons

Honestly....(Not getting paid from Shop Monkey, and yes, I am a real user), there is very little that I don't like about the software.

Gabrielle from RennSpec Industries

Absolutely the BEST software for any automotive business

You can stop reading reviews. EVERYONE loves this app. If you have an automotive business, this is the app you need.

Pros

The Software Support Team is the #1 reason to use this software. Any company can build an app that functions, but the team at Shopmonkey has not only built an amazing app, but they are always available to fix any bugs you may run into immediately. They are constantly in the process of growing the app and adapting it to their clients use. They care about you, your business and how the software works for you. Beyond their support, the app features are virtually perfect and always growing. The ability to send text confirmations and receipts to clients got me hooked. The way they've set up the intended workflow is simple, but powerful. There is no jumping from screen to screen to complete one task or look up information.

Cons

This app only supports quickbooks online for accounting integration and Stripe payment gateway for in-app payments. I use XERO and Paypal for my business - literally the only downfall. While having these integrations would be nice, the value of this product as a whole makes up for anything it lacks.

RYAN from Portland Performance LLC

Fantastic work order & customer management software for your shop!

Shopmonkey's customer service is stellar. Their development team is always very fast to respond to any request, and is actively updating it with new value-add features with good frequency. It's been great to work with them so far as I transition my shop to their platform. Customers are loving it, and I am much more organized! I surveyed 8 separate applications/web tools to manage my shop, and chose Shopmonkey above the others in almost every function I needed. I guarantee you will not be able to find a tool with as many features, with anywhere web-based access, that works as well as this does.

Pros

As someone that has a significant IT and process improvement background, I have a lot of appreciation for Shopmonkey's style of managing work and customer communication. I received countless compliments from customers as I moved them over to this platform. They really appreciate how transparent the entire work order process is for them, from the initial quote all the way to receiving a paid invoice. This app allows me to run my shop almost entirely paperless, with the exception of vendor invoices :).

Cons

I would like to see an iphone/android app that functions as well as the web interface. The design of the interface is beautiful on an iPad Pro, Laptop, Desktop, etc, but is too large to reasonably use on smaller devices. That said, my entire shop is run on larger devices so that poses little problem to me, unless I'm out and about, and need to login to view work order information without my iPad. More of a request for development to improve usability than a con.

Drew from Classic Cars LLC

Great Features, Excellent Support, Frequent updates

Quicker accounting processes. Less time spent on the computer, more time in the shop. Great for tracking employee hours.

Pros

I like how well the software 'flows'. It is pretty quick to learn and become efficient with. I especially like the support team. They are constantly listening to their customers and improving the software!

Cons

I currently don't have any cons. As with any business software, there are times when you have to adapt the software to your situation, but then any of the small things that I was bothered by end up getting addressed in a future update.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Better Flow. Easier to work-through the flow process.

Kristina from Tom's Foreign Autohouse, Inc

Changed our business!!

I LOVE the fact that we finally look professional!!! I love hearing the positive feed back from our customers on all levels, from the appointment reminders, to the email final receipts so we are not wasting paper! I love that I have been able to close my waiting room during this COVID -19 pandemic and do all customer contact over the web. I was even able to send a customized message with the message tab letting our customers know how we are conducting business at this time. Just so many cool things I love about this program and so EASY to use!!

Pros

That we can email, text and have customers authorize directly from their phone or email. The layout is so nice and easy to see. Love that I can just type in a style of a car and it shows me all we have worked on, in case I have forgotten a customer name. Just so many great features!!!

Cons

Nothing really, I was running on a hand written system that had the potential of having so many clerical and addition errors with my husband adding things up on his own.

Alex from Highline Motorsports Group, LLC.

Highline Motorsports Group, LLC. Shopmonkey Review

We took a gamble jumping on board and have been extremely pleased with the Shop Monkey software. The guys running it are easy to get ahold of, receptive to bug issue changes, and talk to you like an actual person vs. some tech support agent from overseas reading off a prompt. All the functionality we need as a shop we can do with it, its been an invaluable tool for us as we are a new shop and any assets we can get to help us get going are awesome to have. I would absolutely recommend Shop Monkey to any small or large shop out there!

Pros

The UI design is very modern, fluid and well put together. Looks great and works great as well. Functionality such as being able to simply text/email customers notes, estimates, questions, etc. instead of having to spend time on the phone is fantastic. The design is very self-explanatory for the most part and easy to jump right in and start using. Tech support is excellent, am able to talk directly to the guys who build the software often within 30 seconds of needing support, and they take suggestions for improvements and apply them quite often. We previously used a very popular shop management software and hated it, made the jump to Shop Monkey and have not been disappointed.

Cons

Nothing major to report, just a few odds and ends here and there, few functionality/display issues, but tech support is always right on top of it and releases are put out relatively often with bug fixes.

Cheryl from Skunkworks Performance & Restoration

Shopmonkey Review

Overall experience with Shopmonkey has been very good. It has helped in many ways.

Pros

Cons

What I like least about this software is that when you look at the pricing page at the bottom where it says payments and the charges seems like there is an extra charge to each of the packages. It should clarify that it is for the credit card processing and that it is optional because it did not look like it was and when I asked I found out it was.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We decided on Shopmonkey instead of the other products because they had great customer service, available to answer questions immediately without me having to call and wait on hold. Also, it was more user friendly for the owner who does not like technology.

Mike from Air Cooled Express

EXACTLY what every Independant shop needs.

If I have ever had a question it is answered within minutes... that's unheard of. I like that as much as the software itself.

Pros

This product is easy to learn, easy to use and always improving with new features. Customer support is second to none. By far one of the best investments I have ever made for my 5 man shop. I can now manage it with confidence. And it is a subscription based service so If I ever have a change of heart I can walk away. *That's not likely to happen.

Cons

Nothing, when users have a suggestion it is posted to a user forum and users vote for the idea. If it is a good idea it is implemented.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I fell in love with it during the FREE TRIAL that nobody else offered me. I made the decision to subscribe before the trial was over.

Tyler from Woodard RV

Shop monkey!!!!

There are so many PROS to using shop monkey, the biggest overall factor when it comes to using any system is Organization and Shopmonkey is just that, by far the most organized and user friendly system ive every used. Shopmonkey has integrations for all taxes and records which make things even easier. One very excellent system. Along with a well built system would be the customer support behind their product If any problems arise i have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the team to help me through it every step of the way. Shopmonkey has turned our shop into a proficient machine and i do not see any other way to do it. I will recommend shop monkey to any business owner or manager!

Pros

There are so many PROS to using Shopmonkey. Customer support, Fantastic system!!, Organization, Productivity tracking, messaging directly to clients, internal notes, Quickbooks integrations, VIN lookup, profitability tracking and the biggest one is the work flow!

Cons

There are always cons to systems but i have yet to find a CON with shop monkey!

NAOMI from Wicked Wrench Co.

Absolutely Love this software!!

Shopmonkey gets it, they understand what we need and are always right there if we have questions or suggestions!

Pros

It's modern and up to date. I can text customers quotes(and they can authorize), paid receipts, invoices, appointment reminders. I can log in from home or in the car on my phone and check everything. We are a new shop that opened in 2018, I stumbled upon Shopmonkey and was thrilled, signed up immediately for the trial, best business decision we made, makes our lives easier how everything works. Every user can be personalized with what the can see and do, the reports are seamless. Most of all our customers love the online quotes, texting etc.

Cons

Nothing, Shopmonkey team is always updating and improving the software.

George from SGK Performance

Shopmonkey makes life easy at auto repair shop

Daily quoting and invoicing became a breeze.

Pros

No bugs, fast, customer support, works as advertised!

Cons

Some features are missing that were available in ARC, system we used before. Namely around discounting and invoice templating.

Industry specific OOB features

Jason from Ace Auto Care

Changed my life...literally!

From start to finish, I have been very happy with the change over. Change is always hard, but this change was much easier than I had thought it would be.

Pros

The speed and attention to workflow had made my life so much better. I can concentrate on working with customers instead of working with software issues. The team is always there to help me get the most out of my needs and not trying to sell me another 'upgrade' to fix a problem as with other software. What you get with the Genius level is as good as I have ever seen with any of the shop management programs I have used.

Cons

I have simplified my shop invoicing and the changes are minor. Reports could have printouts instead of importing to excel. End of day close outs for cash drawers would be nice. Customer followup and promotion through mass mail. No Payment processing options though other card companies. These things are easily dealt with and only minor changes have been necessary to my shops procedures. Most of my proposed changes are already in the works!

Chris from Quick Brakes LLC

Excellent Product / Excellent Support

The communication and follow-through with this company is superior. We are a small company and a single unit client and I have better service than in a former life when I managed data and analytics for a multi-billion dollar company and interacted with large, mature software organizations.

Pros

Shopmonkey is an incredibly easy, intuitive software package right out of the (virtual) box. Setup and personalization was very easy. Connecting to Quickbooks was similarly easy. Setting up pricing, adding inventory, building services - again, all intuitive and easy. Most importantly, my mechanic can add a customer and process a billing just as quickly and easily as my service writer can. The best part about the software is it is designed to be an all in one solution. Most automotive shops require multiple software providers to get all of the information needed - a POS system, an inventory system, a VIN lookup, etc. It is nice to be able to have all resources in one solution.

Cons

This is a young company and a young product and as such, some things are just not as well developed as they eventually will be. However, the development cycle is quick and the company is very responsive in prioritizing needs and getting them into production.

Patrick from Dundee Automotive

A game changer

ShopMonkey seemed too good to be true during our initial trial period and tutorials with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team. We went from a hardware based, antiquated shop management system to a cloud-based system and haven't looked back. The team ShopMonkey has available for support is there any time we need them, almost immediately. The program flows naturally and organically and is very user-friendly. I can't believe it took us as long as it did to find a new shop management system and am kicking myself for not finding these guys sooner. It's a 10/10.

Pros

We like the people and the customer service best. But only by a slim margin. The functionality and convenience of the software is a VERY close second.

Cons

Honestly, very little. It was a seamless transition and is very user friendly even to untrained users.

Jeff from Dallas Offroad

Revolutionized Our Business

I really can't say enough good things about this software. My background is in software design and engineering and I worked for a software company that had a service management product. This blows anything away that I've used or had experience with.

Pros

Ease of use. This software has an incredibly easy learning curve. Whether you're coming from a server/client based software or another web-based software - this software is easy to learn and fast to respond. It has revolutionized our business and I would not look back or anywhere else for an alternative software.

Cons

There really isn't a thing that I don't like about it. Extended features like purchase orders and tracking parts could use a little polishing but other than that, the core of the software is fast and rock solid.

Max from Select German Car Service

Shop management software for the next generation!

I have waited for a long time for a new shop software and finally found it. I can't be more satisfied. I am giving Shop Monkey 6 over 5!

Pros

I was shopping around for a shop management system for at least 6 months. I tried most of the big names in the industry. There was some really good software but they were way too expensive. So I kept searching. When I found Shop Monkey, the first thing I was impressed with is the user interface. It's so clean, easy to use. You don't need to watch 300 videos to understand how it works. If you can use a cell phone, you can use this software in no time. The second thing and my favorite feature are that you are always in contact with the customer thought the texting function in the software. Everything is there. Customer service is just perfect. If you have a question, these guys reply back in minutes. Shop Monkey is the next big thing in the Automotive Software industry.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

The user interface, texting from the software, instant answers to my questions and its price.

Marshall from Ron's Tire & Brake

Awesome team at Shopmonkey!!

We manage our whole shop with Shopmonkey, including inventory. I really believe in it.

Pros

I've used a lot of automotive management software platforms over the years. I think Shopmonkey has really brought shop management into the 21st century. Super easy to use, very user friendly! Learning curve is really very shallow. You can have a user up to speed in less than a day.

Cons

I wish the reporting features were more comprehensive. There needs to be more flexibility to make custom reports. I believe that some essential reports are missing. Hopefully the team will remedy that in future updates.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Ease of use and value for the money

Justin from GT International

Intuitiveness if the name of the game

All listed in first box - great product all around and increases productivity and efficiency.

Pros

The intuitiveness of this product is remarkable. Other products have an archaic methodology and are just flat our cumbersome to use. When I think it, I see it, I use it - that's how it should be and that's how it is with Shopmonkey. The other aspect that is absolutely huge, is the efficiency of the technical support, and the expediency in which it happens. This product is in line with the way we do business as a shop. We are a membership based shop, the only one of it's kind, and in our view Shopmonkey is also the only one of it's kind.

Cons

The only thing that I would really like to see, is that Shopmonkey really needs to integrate directly with WorldPac as they are a huge supplier to many people and are very efficient at that they do as well. Using a third party entity, like Parts Tech, doesn't have the same efficiency. I know Shopmonkey is working on it, and I hope if happens soon.

Andrew from Bishops Auto Care

Finely a MODERN shop management system

Pros

Shop money is everything we need as a MODERN shop management system! Competitors try and stack software on top of outdated systems which becomes one "work around" after another" Its TOO frustrating! Shop Monkey is EVERYTHING you need to get an edge on your competition. EASY to read estimates for your customers! Built in Visual Inspections! PAPERLESS piratically everything! (though I still print because I can't let go yet!) SEAMLESS estimate to RO to Invoice with inspections WITHOUT a single phone call to a customer! Shop Monkey is EVERYTHING wanted from a Management System. It is such a relief and my customers LOVE it!

Cons

It is rather new and not as robust as others. The benefits Far! out way the drawbacks!

Brad from Auto Obsessions LLC

Best Damn Software

Support for the product is unmatchable. Chat boxes are responded to during business hours and respectably fast. Prompt solutions and information.

Pros

Everything. But the man thing is how fun and interactive the software is. It's easy for on the fly quoting and estimate building. Vehicle checkins are simply done, and just looking up the vehicle by the Plate is probably my favorite feature.

Cons

Shut up with that kind of talk. Theres nothing negative about this software, in comparison to any of the other softwares. I spent more for this software but I was able to condense 3 different programs into 1. Worth the price difference.

Fully-featured-all-in-one-bad-ass-software.

Josh from Service 658

Shopmonkey Review by Service 658

Shopmonkey has allowed our business to provided a higher level of service to our clients. We can now more effectively communicate with our client base. We can now access our inventory (both parts and labor) more efficiently. Overall, our experience with Shopmonkey has been wonderful and I would recommend that anyone looking to add a web based garage management software program to take a serious look at Shopmonkey.

Pros

My favorite feature of this software is how easy it is to navigate. The screen view is clean and easy to follow. When using a software program to operate your automotive service business, using one that looks good and is intuitive like Shopmonkey is always a plus.

Cons

I would like for there to be a feature that allows the saving of estimated services within a sub field per vehicle for future consideration by the client and easy access by the provider. However, with what I have seen out of the team at Shopmonkey, it wouldn't surprise me if this feature is added soon.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Ease of use, clean view of screen, confidence in support team. Mostly, the ease of navigating the product.

Travis from Rappleyea Automotive

Great Product, and Fantastic Customer Service

Pros

This program made it fairly easy for me to expand my business. I recently switched from being a home and mobile based repair service to working out of a shop and maintaining a commercial fleet on top of that. With Shopmonkey, I am now able to make my own inspections, and track repairs by vehicle, or by customer, which I could not easily do before. It has also greatly sped up the process of vehicle input with the CARFAX and VIN Decoder function. Lastly, the great thing is that I didn't have to change my actual accounting program (quickbooks) because ShopMonkey integrates with it. Customer service has been quick and very helpful when I have needed it to learn in the ins and outs too.

Cons

There are still some functions I would like to see improve, but as I understand it, upgrades are happening all the time. And I suppose if I'm being honest I do wish it was less expensive, but I don't think the price is unfair. It's a great product and that comes at a cost.

Dmitriy from BBi Autosport

Clean, Simple, To the Point, Modern and Effective.

Gaining efficiency in internal operations as well as greatly improving customer experience. The intuitive interface making quoting and invoicing easy and visual - which also helps our customers interpret our work. The software developers are in-tune with technology thus making the overall experience available on any device, reliably and consistently. Its currently the backbone of our service department, aiding in time management, billing and organization. We are looking forward to the growth of the platform and taking advantage of more and more features.

Pros

In seeking a modern day solution to manage a high performance shop - Shopmonkey stood out with an intuitive interface, current and upcoming feature list but more importantly the very personal customer service and responsiveness. These guys think outside the box, applying some of the clean, effective features and experiences available to other industries (retail, food) and bringing it to the car world. We finally can go paperless, mobile with great customer communication and efficient in-house productivity.

JONATHAN from CITY AUTO REPAIR

GREAT PRODUCT, BEST I HAVE SEEN SO FAR.

THIS IS A VERY RELIABLE/FAST OPERATING SHOP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros

VERY FAST, SIMPLE TO USE. CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING, A+. TO ME THIS IS ONE OF MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE, THIS IS HOW MY BUSINESS MODEL IS BASE ON. KEEP UP TO GOOD WORK.

Cons

NOT HAVING DEFERRED JOBS FEATURE, NOT CRAZY MOTORS TIME LABOR INTEGRATION, WISH SHOP MONKEY INTEGRATED WITH ALLDATA OR MITCHELL FOR LABOR TIMES. ALSO WISH THERE WAS A SEPARATE STANDARD LINE ITEM ENTRY FOR FUEL/GAS SALES.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I TRIED IT AND LIKED HOW IT FUNCTION.

Chris from SoCal Auto

When goals of two businesses align

This software seems like it was created by a shop owner for a shop owner. I’m looking forward to seeing the growth of this company and what new features they can pack into a software that is already far greater than most shop management systems.

Pros

-Fresh looking layout and features -seamless UI -full of features vital to running my business -Updates that focus on efficiency -the communication capabilities with my customers through the software

Cons

That I didn’t come up with idea and design it myself.

Jeff from Spike Cycle

Easy to use w/ Features that allow a Independent repair shop to operate like a Franchise Dealership

Pros

Being able to send sms messages with pictures to customers, the best customer support I have ever received from a software company, and it is constantly being updated. When I first did the online demo last year I was already sold but had a few suggestions to improve...before I even signed up they had already put most of what I mentioned into the software.

Cons

I didn't' have it when I was managing a Harley Dealership with 15 Techs.

Roland from AUDIWERKS DIVISION INC.

Best shop management software out there!

Being an owner operator leaves very little time for error. Using Shop Monkey allows me to work on a vehicle and actively stay in touch with my customers and schedule new work with fewer steps then ever before!

Pros

This software allowed me to stream line all aspects of my shop. It's ease of use and ability to communicate with my customers through the entire repair process is like no other.

Cons

My only wish for this software is they carried repair info as well so I only use shop monkey in my shop!

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Ease of use.Correct price point. Very active and helpful support that makes real and timely updates to the software!

Erica from Signature Automotive

Great for any Automotive Business!

Amazing! The system is pretty user friendly, I love that they are always available via Instant Messaging they literally reply within minutes & are able to solve my issues or answer my questions so quickly.

Pros

All features are easy to use. Easily customized to the needs of my business. All reports for time cards, revenue, invoices, expenses etc.. are easily obtained.

Cons

The least thing I like is that sometimes it doesn't let me retrieve the labor time for certain jobs.

Mark from Barnaba Autosport

Barnaba Autosport Review

Shopmonkey is incredibly easy to use and encompasses all functionality you would see at a big box dealer but better! If you set the system up properly you can almost go paperless as it stores everything for you. There are so many functions that I haven't even touched on yet! Also, the customer service is second to none. Any time I have a question or need clarification someone is always there which makes my life so much easier because sometimes time is of the essence.

Pros

I like the fact that the software will pull up information on the vehicle from just a license plate number. I also like that CarFax is integrated into the software along with technician efficiency.

Cons

There really isn't anything I DON'T like. There may be a few things that I'm used to from previous software that is different but ultimately it has the same result and more!

brandon from All Fleet Services

Wow! What a relief!

I've been able to watch things closer than ever.

Pros

When I decided that we needed to make a big change in the shop, I demoed close to 20 different softwares. Shop Monkey seems to be the only one headed in a positive direction with lots of momentum. It’s 80% of what I need now and will work with them on the rest. They are doing something pretty incredible and I want to be along for the ride.

Benjamin from Overland Autoworks

Shopmonkey will easily pay for itself as soon as you start using it.

I am well beyond satisfied with Shopmonkey's functionality and customer service. If you are opening a new shop or ready to move your RO software into the tech era these are your guys.

Pros

>Price Point represents a serious value. >Interaction with customers throughout repair process. >Mechanics/Technicians can perform inspections and update customer in real time. >The customer service at Shopmonkey is second to none, just try it and you'll see what I mean! >

Cons

>The parts pricing that is included seems like it is OEM and almost always requires adjustment.

Priscilla from The Mahoney Group

Easy to use, and great way to track your customers work orders.

Pros

Perfect CRM for keeping track of your customers, conversations, love the email and text features that saves in the customers accounts history.

Cons

It is a fairly new business so when we first started with them about a year ago it was a work in progress but the upside they always were open to suggestions and updated and changed things ASAP for better work flow.