All Shopmonkey Reviews

NAOMI

Reviewed May 2019

Absolutely Love this software!!

Shopmonkey gets it, they understand what we need and are always right there if we have questions or suggestions!

PROS

It's modern and up to date. I can text customers quotes(and they can authorize), paid receipts, invoices, appointment reminders. I can log in from home or in the car on my phone and check everything. We are a new shop that opened in 2018, I stumbled upon Shopmonkey and was thrilled, signed up immediately for the trial, best business decision we made, makes our lives easier how everything works. Every user can be personalized with what the can see and do, the reports are seamless. Most of all our customers love the online quotes, texting etc.

CONS

Nothing, Shopmonkey team is always updating and improving the software.

MOUSTAFA

Reviewed July 2021

M-TECH PERFORMANCE

Shopmonkey has been there for me since day one always Improving and always there to help or listen def. a top tier automotive Point of Sales repair order customer retention program!

PROS

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE. It really keeps all the repair orders in order and my techs and service advisor all on the same page. As well as the customer easily being update through the software

CONS

My wife doesn’t like when i use it at home ! And they need more labor times for European vehicles Mercedes specifically but the fact they even offer labor times is a plus so really not a con

Better customer communication and the 30 day free trial sells it self

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Needed a change all data does not even do a fraction of what Shopmonkey does

brayden

Reviewed January 2021

Why i switched to Shop-Ware

It was great to start out with, but for the price and the features usable its not work it. Shop-ware is way better built out for just a little bit more. No feature talks with the entire software so you find yourself repeating the same thing on multiple pages to keep information the same across the platform.

PROS

its pretty and almost there. It looks better than it is. The customer support is great and very responsive. It got us out of Mitchell 1. Its hard to write Pros because everything I like about SM has a flaw that pushed us away from it.

CONS

* YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT TRANSFER TO OTHER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARES!* Id like to see feature role out that are complete and note just 50% there. Every new feature i see are half baked. Nothing talks to each other in the software. Its pretty, but not functional for anyone looking to improve workflow; every step requires 6 more steps to ensure everything is working together as it should, but that usually requires alot of cut and paste and work arounds. In particular the new tech view is awful! As an admit i cant complete things, see progress without diving into the tech view. Why this was a priority over a service manager being able to see a snapshop view in the workflow of how far along a job is baffles me. Its like the staff here has never worked in a shop before or managed one. The priority needs to switch to management and workflow speed. SM makes things take so long because it has to done several times so that information is congruent throughout the software.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

Because at face value it looked like it had all the features it claims. But after using it, it truly does not, at least not yet.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Mitchel is outdated and overpriced

Thank you for your feedback, we strive to provide the best software solution possible and your feedback helps get us closer to that goal. That said, we never keep our customer's data captive. All of your customer and shop data is exportable, and if you have an active subscription, we're happy to help with this as needed. We have also taken large steps to provide a more efficient workflow, fewer clicks to complete operations, and we've put a strong focus on improving the tech and admin views. We've recently released Shopmonkey for Techs mobile app that's designed for the day-to-day technician operations with a to-do list to track progress on the job. We actually do have a number of employees that either own or ran a shop, and we make customer visits a priority to ensure our roadmap is inline with your operational needs. We've taken every piece of your feedback to heart and have addressed with our product team. We're sad to see you go, but we wish you nothing but the best!

Replied May 2021

Adrian

Reviewed June 2021

Outstanding product and the best support team!

Really very good! The onboarding and support team is exceptional and they really listen to what you have to say and do everything they can to get you back on track after any issues.

PROS

This software is the foundation that allows my business to operate. Highlights for me (running a custom van conversion shop): - Being able to speak to customers in a threaded message system with email and SMS - so good. Allows you to quickly pull up a conversation thread when the customer calls or drops in, and in an instant refreshes your memory on what you last talked about. Essential when you have many leads, and a complicated product or service where it is not straight forward and there is a lot of communication needed with the customer - The 'board' view in the workflow tab. Another great feature where you can progress customer projects from left to right in a Kanban style. Instantly see what where projects are at and triage/prioritize. - Tech time clocks. Self explanatory, but a life saver and yet 3rd party app eliminated! Techs can just clock in and clock out and it gives me as the owner, total granular detail on what projects took a long time, and where improvements need to be made - Integration with Quickbooks. As as long time small business owner, I have always loved using Quickbooks, so when I found out that Shopmonkey integrates (really well) will Quickbooks, I was very pleased. All of the front end dealings with customers can happen in SM, and then when they are all paid, it auto updates and ties everything back to QBO. Amazing! Can't recommend this product enough.

CONS

The inventory management and ease of sending out POs to vendors needs some improvement. The basics are there, but some additional functionality would be good.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Intergration with QBO, eliminating 3 apps down to 1, SMS and threaded customer chat included.

Randy

Reviewed May 2021

Streamline shop workflow

Shopmonkey has saved me an average of 3-4 hours a week between streamlining my customer's sign in through use of the work request form which instantly opens up an estimate for my customer's with all of their information which I simply update in the work flow. It has also saved my estimate making time to literally a quarter of the time I used to take. It gathers all of the pricing from all of my parts providers in one single page that I didn't even know about, it brings the parts that I choose into shopmonkey and instantly applies the pricing matrix that I was using by hand to every single part. And my favorite part is that it helps us get our labor guide pricing at an instant. Estimates that used to take me about 4 hours to have to my customer are now ready in less than 5 minutes. It's a tool that has simply reduced my time at the computer so that I can focus on the cars and communicate with my customers.

PROS

Perfectly integrates all of the things I use into one. From parts procurement, to labor estimates to easily attaching a customer to a car with its unique identification.

CONS

My only con for this software would be the price per user cost, but the experience far outweighs this con.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

Ease of use, complete integration, car fax reporting and design.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

I needed something that would help streamline my workflow and make my efficiency go up.

Ryan

Reviewed April 2021

Ryan's Shopmonkey revie

PROS

The software is very easy to use and pretty much covers everything i need to keep up with trucks that are coming to my shop, what trucks are here at my shop, keeping up with my parts inventory and billing jobs out with ease. I am very happy with shopmonkey. Whenever i have a question or concern the chat link is always in the lower right corner of the screen with the shopmonkey team ready to help me! This is one of my favorite features! i type in my question and within a few minutes someone is chatting with me to help me figure out what it is i need to do and if that doesnt help they will call me within minutes. There is no waiting hours or until the next day for help. When adding parts to your inventory it asks for the price oyu paid for the part and then allows you to choose the % mark up you want on it. It does all the math for you which saves time. My favorite feature is being able to send invoices with the option for my customers to pay the invoice online. I am very happy and will stay with shopmonkey!!

CONS

Now for the bad....well, to be honest, there is no bad that i have found yet. Sure there are a few little things that I would like to change but heck, a lot of things in shopmonkey are editable to customize it to your liking. I have been using this software for roughly 6 months now and i am still learning. As of now, I have no complaints.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

I chose shopmonkey because when i asked for more information on their website, i received a response VERY quickly. A shopmonkey team member chatted with me, then asked permission to call me and did jus that within minutes. We set up an appointment and at that time he had me get on my laptop and we shared screens. Not only did he go through the whole program, but let me open and close tabs, type things in and save them so i could see where things were after being saved etc. I really enjoyed the training me gave me and he was in no way pushy at all about choosing his software. The people at shopmonkey are great. Being able to work with people who are so kind and ready to help so quickly makes me feel confident in the software used to keep my business going. This feeling is by far the best part of shopmonkey.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

I was using quickbooks and i wasn't happy with the invoices. Quickbooks is complex and complicated. I wanted software that was easy to use and built for an auto repair shop.

Joe

Reviewed November 2020

Gret Value, Awesome Tech Support!

I'm super satisfied and I recommend this software in lots of the auto technician forums that I'm a part of.

PROS

It's just really set upwell to run an automotive shop. It's easy to change the parts markup for special customers, (special in a god way or a bad way). The discount feature is great. the ability to find things by whatever you can remember about the job, customer, or vehicle is great. The layout of the program is very straightforward and you can teach someone to be an expert in the program in two repair orders. If they have a question and i am busy they can just click the help button and either watch a video or ask the super friendly and helpful people in tech support. The tech support team goes above and beyond to help you. even climbing onto the RO and working with you. Honestly I've had to use tech support a few times and that's the best support I've had on any product. the software is constantly getting improved also. I really do 99% of the Ro's with no tech support because the software is so easy to use and it really speeds up my ability to get my work done quickly and get back into the shop. My customers absolutely love it. The estimate procedures are great. I feel more covered because the customers approve the job and send me the authorizations. Many of them go ahead and pay for the job when they get the estimate. (You can turn that feature off also.) I like it so I leave it on. the rates that I'm charged for the customer to pay online is very close to the rate that I would pay if they were in the office.

CONS

Really not a lot to dislike with ShopMonkey.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

Price, ease of use, functionality, TECH SUPPORT!!

Jimmy

Reviewed November 2020

I'm very impressed!

The chat feature on Shopmonkey allows me to easily reach out the their friendly staff. Not only are they all very knowledgeable about their product, but they answer very quickly (during the week) and if they don't know something, they figure it out in a very timely manner. It's felt really great having such a supportive staff that can answer any question I have right away. They often give screenshots and videos to help me learn how to do things myself. In addition to all that, they all seem to be such down to earth people who really care about me and my business. It seriously feels like they are part of my team. Thanks Shopmonkey!

PROS

I love how easy it's been to implement this software in my van conversion company and how user friendly it's been to learn and use in daily practice. There are so many features and more coming. One of the other features that I really like is how the messaging functions work. When I create an estimate, it allows the customer to see it, approve it and pay for the work right then and there. Shopmonkey also sends out reminders a day before their appointment which is so nice and handy. It feels very professional.

CONS

I use Purchase Orders a lot. This is probably the only area of improvement I see so far. After a PO is created, I have to save it, print it as a PDF and then attach it to an email to send it to the vendor. Being able to save and send it directly to the vendor would make it much easier but it's being implemented soon. The other thing is that there is no good way to sync SM to Google Calendar. This is also in the works and should be implemented soon. These are the ONLY reasons I didn't give this 5 stars across the board.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

We were looking at a couple different ones but I can't remember what they were.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

The invoicing software from QB was very confusing for customers and cumbersome for me to use.

Derik

Reviewed January 2020

Stellar Customer Service! Efficient and user friendly

Beyond excellent!

PROS

First off: The customer service is beyond impeccable. Everyone is kind, knowledgable, informative, and proactive. The Shopmonkey staff listens to their customers and puts they're are constantly improving their software to suite their entire customer base. They are the kind of business that not only reads what's in the customer suggestion box, but actually implements the suggestions. The software: Simple, in the sense that it is very user friendly. The 3 different tiers make it easier for smaller shops to have a reliable platform to start with. It also provides lager high volume shops with the tools needed to work as efficiently as possible. Many service writing programs are littered with tabs, drop menus, pages, silly graphics, and so on, which results in a cluttered and confusing screen - especially for the trainee. Simply put, my 13 year old nephew can use Shopmonkey software with ease with out mistakes.

CONS

Not really a con: occasionally I come across a something like not having the option to select AWD in the vehicle description. It used be that you could only select FWD 2WD or RWD. Once a suggestion was made, in a short period of time they had updated this feature and every typical configuration was available. Like I said before, Shopmonkey reads the notes in the suggestion box and implements what makes sense.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

I tried a few different trial periods with other cloud based service writing software companies, and then trying shop monkey. I was sold after the first day and never looked back.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Customer Service, Price, User Freindliness, customizable plans, no long term contracts, I could use it anywhere with cell service, helpful and accurate instructions on how to use new or unfamiliar features.... etc.. Oh, and did I mention fantastic customer service?

Reviewed June 2023

Shopmonkey review

The system being cloud based is very nice.Shopmonkey is a decent system.

PROS

Easy to use. The final invoice looks professional.

CONS

When I signed up the sales person said it will integrate with Mitchell and still no progress one year later.The system has been freezing up, but is getting better.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

The look of the final invoice.The ease of billing parts out.

Lisa

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Shopmonkey - Glad we switched! No regrets!

Great product...and it just keeps getting better. Our invoices are more detailed (and accurate). Our employees and shop manager can see the amount of time they have logged into a particular activity within a job (they couldn't do this before). The ease of communication (and the tracking of those conversations) with our customers is also very nice. Love the quick response time from Shopmonkey staff and their willingness to listen to suggestions.

PROS

Everything is better than what we were using before but the feature we like best is the ability to clock into and track time on individual activities within a bigger job. I also like that it's still a work in process and that the staff at Shopmonkey is interested in the ideas of it's users. They are very fast in responding to an issue.

CONS

We are more of a restoration shop than a repair shop - so our jobs are often bigger jobs that require periodic billing to the customer. We have created some work arounds to make this work for our company but there really isn't an ideal "out of the box" solution with this software. Note: Our work arounds are still better than what we were using previously...

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

We chose Shopmonkey because it was developed for our specific industry and understood our needs better. Glad we did!

Ashley

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Excellent Software

PROS

I really love the way Shopmonkey is easy to use. I have tried many other shop management systems and NONE are as simple as this one. I truly love the carfax integration, it makes life so much easier, and although there are other shop systems that also have this feature, it definitely wasn't as easy to use as Shopmonkey. In fact I had issues trying to access the carfax information in other systems. I also love the payment terminal, its very modern and easy to use. I am beyond pleased with Shopmonkey.

CONS

There is nothing that I really dislike about Shopmonkey. If I must say, one thing that would work well with the software is adding the option to not only add customer information but also company information. Adding a customer or company switch when adding a new customer would work well here. For Example, as a shop manager I work with a lot of other shops and fix some of their vehicles adding them into Shopmonkey can get complicated because they don't go by first or last name which is required to add a new customer.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

I did't exactly make a switch, I was more exploring both management systems and I decided to go with Shopmonkey. Although the prices with Workshop Software seemed better, Shopmonkey had a lot more to offer.

Reviewed February 2022

Satisfied Customer

Stellar!! It's a 100% vital part of every day at my shop!

PROS

Work order management is stellar, and customer support is second to none! I recently needed a specific wiring diagram that wasn't immediately available and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from customer support helped me quickly and got me the info I needed in a timely fashion, and was friendly and helpful throughout the process.

CONS

Motor integrated diagrams and lookups isn't as comprehensive as I'd like. Not ShopMonkey's fault but if I have to pick something I like least.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

Responsiveness from customer support and sales team.

Drew

Reviewed December 2019

Great Features, Excellent Support, Frequent updates

Quicker accounting processes. Less time spent on the computer, more time in the shop. Great for tracking employee hours.

PROS

I like how well the software 'flows'. It is pretty quick to learn and become efficient with. I especially like the support team. They are constantly listening to their customers and improving the software!

CONS

I currently don't have any cons. As with any business software, there are times when you have to adapt the software to your situation, but then any of the small things that I was bothered by end up getting addressed in a future update.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

Better Flow. Easier to work-through the flow process.

Megan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Easy to Learn & Fantastic Customer Support!

PROS

This software is the opposite of "clunky." It's easy to navigate and learn quite rapidly. I love how you can customize the workflow based on your own shop's processes. Being able to take pictures of needed repairs and send them via text/e-mail directly to the customer is one of our favorite features. Showing the customer what's actually wrong with their truck or trailer provides transparency and strengthens trust with our company. The messages and pictures save right into the estimate so everything for that repair is all in the same place. Customer support is very responsive. I've never had to wait more than a couple of hours to get help (most of the time it's a response within a few minutes.) A few times, I've needed support on bigger customized things that was more than a quick fix. They always took the initiative to stay in touch with me (instead of me tracking them down for an update).

CONS

There are a few features that I wish were available (such as a mobile app), but the customer support team is always listening to features the customers want. They have a dedicated page where you can request features and you can comment and vote on other people's requests. You can see what features they approved and are working on at the moment (the mobile app is one of them.) Even if there's something you don't like about the software, chances are they are already working on improving it or adding that feature if you just ask! Best thing about Shopmonkey: It's super easy to get started using and once you do, you have a great team standing by willing to improve it based on their customer's feedback. We are very satisfied customers. Oh and we love that it's cloud based so our mobile technicians can use it outside of the shop.

Michelle

Shipbuilding, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Pro System for a Small Shop

I don't even know how we would manage our shop without this tool. Before Shopmonkey, we were using printed sheets and clipboards to track and manage our boat dropoffs and current projects. There was no central calendar to reference, there was no sending customers work orders or invoices by text and email. There was no tracking vehicle service history and assigning work to the team. Everything had to be processed manually which was messy and exhausting. This one tool has changed everything for our shop and our customers love the neat, tidy interface too because of how easy it makes communication. The price is almost nothing compared to the functionality that we get. We love this product and tell people who visit our shop about it all the time!

PROS

The biggest win for us in using Shopmonkey is that it allows us to seamless manage our customer service, work order management, and customer billing through an easy to use interface. We use it for everything from scheduling drop offs and requesting work authorization to tracking customer communications, history, and billing. The fact that it interfaces so well with Quickbooks is a huge benefit to keeping our operations running smoothly and clearly.

CONS

The labor rates and inventory management features are ok but are a little challenging to work with at times. Fortunately, we don't use these features very extensively and I'm sure that, if we did, the customer support team would help us get these up and running better. They are just not super important for how we perform our work as well as preferring Quickbooks for inventory management.

Reason for choosing Shopmonkey

There were no other products that compared to Shopmonkey or that we considered at the time of selection. Shopmonkey was the only product that we looked at the had options specifically for boats vs. cars.

Sean