All Shopmonkey Reviews

NAOMI

Absolutely Love this software!!

Shopmonkey gets it, they understand what we need and are always right there if we have questions or suggestions!

Pros

It's modern and up to date. I can text customers quotes(and they can authorize), paid receipts, invoices, appointment reminders. I can log in from home or in the car on my phone and check everything. We are a new shop that opened in 2018, I stumbled upon Shopmonkey and was thrilled, signed up immediately for the trial, best business decision we made, makes our lives easier how everything works. Every user can be personalized with what the can see and do, the reports are seamless. Most of all our customers love the online quotes, texting etc.

Cons

Nothing, Shopmonkey team is always updating and improving the software.

Ryan

Ryan's Shopmonkey revie

Pros

The software is very easy to use and pretty much covers everything i need to keep up with trucks that are coming to my shop, what trucks are here at my shop, keeping up with my parts inventory and billing jobs out with ease. I am very happy with shopmonkey. Whenever i have a question or concern the chat link is always in the lower right corner of the screen with the shopmonkey team ready to help me! This is one of my favorite features! i type in my question and within a few minutes someone is chatting with me to help me figure out what it is i need to do and if that doesnt help they will call me within minutes. There is no waiting hours or until the next day for help. When adding parts to your inventory it asks for the price oyu paid for the part and then allows you to choose the % mark up you want on it. It does all the math for you which saves time. My favorite feature is being able to send invoices with the option for my customers to pay the invoice online. I am very happy and will stay with shopmonkey!!

Cons

Now for the bad....well, to be honest, there is no bad that i have found yet. Sure there are a few little things that I would like to change but heck, a lot of things in shopmonkey are editable to customize it to your liking. I have been using this software for roughly 6 months now and i am still learning. As of now, I have no complaints.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

I chose shopmonkey because when i asked for more information on their website, i received a response VERY quickly. A shopmonkey team member chatted with me, then asked permission to call me and did jus that within minutes. We set up an appointment and at that time he had me get on my laptop and we shared screens. Not only did he go through the whole program, but let me open and close tabs, type things in and save them so i could see where things were after being saved etc. I really enjoyed the training me gave me and he was in no way pushy at all about choosing his software. The people at shopmonkey are great. Being able to work with people who are so kind and ready to help so quickly makes me feel confident in the software used to keep my business going. This feeling is by far the best part of shopmonkey.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

I was using quickbooks and i wasn't happy with the invoices. Quickbooks is complex and complicated. I wanted software that was easy to use and built for an auto repair shop.

Syed

My reasons for leaving Shopmonkey

I didn't feel like the software was built by individuals with hands on experience in the automotive industry. Rather it was built as cookie cutter software to fit the automotive industry by trial and error at my expense. I only got phone support once I threatened to cancel my very expensive subscription.

Pros

Shopmonkey looks nice on the screen. At first use of the software I did not have any other shop software to compare it to. I was impressed that it was not tied down to one computer. I can use it at any computer as long as I had internet (cloud based). Once I started using it daily than the issues started to pile up one after another.

Cons

For what they charge, I was surprised how basic their system was. The Quickbooks Online integration was a mess causing accounting errors. Their reporting is very confusing and I was not easily able to track my shop's profitability . I wasn't even able to add cost of parts or labor to the order. Their electronic customer communication is hit or miss and often tiem not reaching customers.

Response from Shopmonkey

Hi Syed, We are very sorry to hear your experience with Shopmonkey didn't meet your expectations. We take great pride in our product and have a commitment to provide the best customer service, so we take full responsibility on areas where we missed the mark. We average an under 5min first response time during business hours, and are available by chat, phone and email. We've invested heavily into Quickbooks, and our last few updates address the issues you raise. In regards to profitability, we strive to provide our customers with actionable data, which helps our customers monitor and increase profitability. Many of our shops use Shopmonkey to track profitability, and we're happy to help you to get it configured to meet your needs. With the Basic tier subscription that you selected, it's designed to give you the core functionality with full reporting, while still being economically priced. We wish there was more we could have done for you. All the best to you and your shop!

Replied April 2021

Joe

Gret Value, Awesome Tech Support!

I'm super satisfied and I recommend this software in lots of the auto technician forums that I'm a part of.

Pros

It's just really set upwell to run an automotive shop. It's easy to change the parts markup for special customers, (special in a god way or a bad way). The discount feature is great. the ability to find things by whatever you can remember about the job, customer, or vehicle is great. The layout of the program is very straightforward and you can teach someone to be an expert in the program in two repair orders. If they have a question and i am busy they can just click the help button and either watch a video or ask the super friendly and helpful people in tech support. The tech support team goes above and beyond to help you. even climbing onto the RO and working with you. Honestly I've had to use tech support a few times and that's the best support I've had on any product. the software is constantly getting improved also. I really do 99% of the Ro's with no tech support because the software is so easy to use and it really speeds up my ability to get my work done quickly and get back into the shop. My customers absolutely love it. The estimate procedures are great. I feel more covered because the customers approve the job and send me the authorizations. Many of them go ahead and pay for the job when they get the estimate. (You can turn that feature off also.) I like it so I leave it on. the rates that I'm charged for the customer to pay online is very close to the rate that I would pay if they were in the office.

Cons

Really not a lot to dislike with ShopMonkey.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

Price, ease of use, functionality, TECH SUPPORT!!

Jimmy

I'm very impressed!

The chat feature on Shopmonkey allows me to easily reach out the their friendly staff. Not only are they all very knowledgeable about their product, but they answer very quickly (during the week) and if they don't know something, they figure it out in a very timely manner. It's felt really great having such a supportive staff that can answer any question I have right away. They often give screenshots and videos to help me learn how to do things myself. In addition to all that, they all seem to be such down to earth people who really care about me and my business. It seriously feels like they are part of my team. Thanks Shopmonkey!

Pros

I love how easy it's been to implement this software in my van conversion company and how user friendly it's been to learn and use in daily practice. There are so many features and more coming. One of the other features that I really like is how the messaging functions work. When I create an estimate, it allows the customer to see it, approve it and pay for the work right then and there. Shopmonkey also sends out reminders a day before their appointment which is so nice and handy. It feels very professional.

Cons

I use Purchase Orders a lot. This is probably the only area of improvement I see so far. After a PO is created, I have to save it, print it as a PDF and then attach it to an email to send it to the vendor. Being able to save and send it directly to the vendor would make it much easier but it's being implemented soon. The other thing is that there is no good way to sync SM to Google Calendar. This is also in the works and should be implemented soon. These are the ONLY reasons I didn't give this 5 stars across the board.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

We were looking at a couple different ones but I can't remember what they were.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

The invoicing software from QB was very confusing for customers and cumbersome for me to use.

Derik

Stellar Customer Service! Efficient and user friendly

Beyond excellent!

Pros

First off: The customer service is beyond impeccable. Everyone is kind, knowledgable, informative, and proactive. The Shopmonkey staff listens to their customers and puts they're are constantly improving their software to suite their entire customer base. They are the kind of business that not only reads what's in the customer suggestion box, but actually implements the suggestions. The software: Simple, in the sense that it is very user friendly. The 3 different tiers make it easier for smaller shops to have a reliable platform to start with. It also provides lager high volume shops with the tools needed to work as efficiently as possible. Many service writing programs are littered with tabs, drop menus, pages, silly graphics, and so on, which results in a cluttered and confusing screen - especially for the trainee. Simply put, my 13 year old nephew can use Shopmonkey software with ease with out mistakes.

Cons

Not really a con: occasionally I come across a something like not having the option to select AWD in the vehicle description. It used be that you could only select FWD 2WD or RWD. Once a suggestion was made, in a short period of time they had updated this feature and every typical configuration was available. Like I said before, Shopmonkey reads the notes in the suggestion box and implements what makes sense.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

I tried a few different trial periods with other cloud based service writing software companies, and then trying shop monkey. I was sold after the first day and never looked back.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Customer Service, Price, User Freindliness, customizable plans, no long term contracts, I could use it anywhere with cell service, helpful and accurate instructions on how to use new or unfamiliar features.... etc.. Oh, and did I mention fantastic customer service?

Alex

Best Switch we could have made

Pros

Shopmonkey is extremely user friendly. All of our technicians log their daily work/hours and they say its the easiest thing they have ever used. The reporting system makes my life very easy since I am in the office doing all the accounting. Being able to add tags and put notes in is great as well and they are color coded so they stand out!

Cons

We do a lot of custom jobs here and it would be great if multiple technicians could punch into one section of a job at a time. Another feature I think would be really useful is having the last 8 digits of the VIN number more prominent for ease when calling the dealership.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

The other system seemed very intense and wayyyy too much info.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

A big problem that we found was that when you were writing in labor descriptions you couldn't see the whole story as you were typing so you would have to save it each time, re read, then try to find the spot that needs to be edited. Caused a lot of time lost.

Hannah

Love, Love, Love Shopmonkey!!!

My overall experience has been great! It was totally stress-free switching over from our other software. The support team imported all of our contacts and parts info from the software we'd been using. Shopmonkey is just so easy to learn to use! Everything is so intuitive. If you do have trouble, the support team is literally just a click away and respond super fast! I love being able to offer online payments to my customers as a payment option. I really love being able to communicate with customers through text/email right through the software. Can send an estimate or invoice with the click of a button instead of having to save it as a PDF then opening up my email account and attaching the doc. The workflow feature is so great because it helps us stay organized with our customers! Sticky notes are a thing of the past for me now!

Pros

It is very easy to use! There is little to no learning curve. Very intuitive! Also, has some really great features that I'm loving! Everything works seamlessly! It's a lot of fun to use! Shopmonkey's support team is probably my favorite feature! These guys are phenomenal! No having to call into a tech support line and waiting on hold! Just send a message through Shopmonkey's chat feature and they respond within a minute or two. They've been able to answer my questions every time. They haven't let me down once.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about Shopmonkey! I'm looking forward the release of the mobile app!

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

I just knew pretty quickly that Shopmonkey was for me. Once I did the walk-through with one of the support guys, I really liked it. At the end of my trial period, I was sold. I'd been nervous about having to learn a new software, but Shopmonkey was so easy to learn. And it's a lot of fun to use! Once I realized how great the support team is, I knew I had nothing to worry about!

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Tracs is lacking A LOT of features that Shopmonkey offers that I knew would be helpful to our business! Shopmonkey really is cutting edge.

Don

Shop Monkey Review

Shop Monkey runs my whole shop on a daily basis, its the first thing I open when my system comes online and the last thing I close when I go home. it manages my employees time, customers, scheduling, parts and my daily workload, not to mention all the financial data you need to run your shop. When I started with shop monkey I required a software to help guide me in the right direction and have everything needed that maybe I would not have thought of to run and manage my business. I will admit at the very beginning I found some things missing and with some struggles. But the support and growth of Shop monkey quickly rose to meet my needs. Shop monkey team worked on every one of my requests and concerns and built it in to the success it is today and at a very quickly pace, working though all my needs. I am very satisfied in the direction it has and is going. I'm excited to see the next new things that come to production in the software.

Pros

It had a new updated technology look and feel to it, was not the old typical updated Green screen look with some windows added. Was easy to navigate, and I was looking for a web based software that I did not have to constantly be upgrading software hardware and OS to keep running.

Cons

Was missing some of the deep in depth business functions, that have mostly been added already. it needed more functionality in administration of users functionality and controls. that have also been fixed. Reporting was missing features and has been much improved.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

I will give you a quick idea of my background so what I say here has more weight. I left automotive to go into IT and was an IT engineer for 22 years before going back to automotive, so I have a very deep understanding of technology and software and knew what was best for me and my shop. I chose Look and Feel and newer generation of software platform to the others that where old software redesigned to look pretty, but because they are all build on older platform software they will have to rediscover and rebuild to get to the next generation software like shop monkey. I didn't want to have to go through that kind of transition later when the other companies realize they need to catch up and while in the middle of running a busy shop. so I went with one that was already built for the next generation of software.Thank you!

Tinamarie

Super Satisfied

I feel so much more organized and that I am communicating with my customer properly.

Pros

Ease of use, I love that it transfers to Quickbooks, I can send estimates and invoices to my customers via email and text, and I like the different views so I can get an overall idea of going on in the shop at anytime. The other thing I love is the pricing matrix...this makes it so easy to charge what I need to without having to do any calculations on each ticket.

Cons

I wouldn't say I don't like anything...but I would like to see this tool allow me to send out emails to all my customers, invites and promotions. I would also like to see an application for the tool so that my guys can time in easier.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

I like that it is web-based, the look and feel of this product is better and I love the customer service at Shopmonkey -- they always answer my questions right away when I open the chat box. I don't have time to call in an account manager or set up a training - I can learn on my own and got to start using it right away. I

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

I had to build it myself and it did not do everything I needed

Lisa

Shopmonkey - Glad we switched! No regrets!

Great product...and it just keeps getting better. Our invoices are more detailed (and accurate). Our employees and shop manager can see the amount of time they have logged into a particular activity within a job (they couldn't do this before). The ease of communication (and the tracking of those conversations) with our customers is also very nice. Love the quick response time from Shopmonkey staff and their willingness to listen to suggestions.

Pros

Everything is better than what we were using before but the feature we like best is the ability to clock into and track time on individual activities within a bigger job. I also like that it's still a work in process and that the staff at Shopmonkey is interested in the ideas of it's users. They are very fast in responding to an issue.

Cons

We are more of a restoration shop than a repair shop - so our jobs are often bigger jobs that require periodic billing to the customer. We have created some work arounds to make this work for our company but there really isn't an ideal "out of the box" solution with this software. Note: Our work arounds are still better than what we were using previously...

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

We chose Shopmonkey because it was developed for our specific industry and understood our needs better. Glad we did!

February 2022

Satisfied Customer

Stellar!! It's a 100% vital part of every day at my shop!

Pros

Work order management is stellar, and customer support is second to none! I recently needed a specific wiring diagram that wasn't immediately available and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from customer support helped me quickly and got me the info I needed in a timely fashion, and was friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Cons

Motor integrated diagrams and lookups isn't as comprehensive as I'd like. Not ShopMonkey's fault but if I have to pick something I like least.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

Responsiveness from customer support and sales team.

Cheryl

Shopmonkey Review

Overall experience with Shopmonkey has been very good. It has helped in many ways.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is very user friendly and keeps things very organized. Also, I like that it links to QuickBooks.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that when you look at the pricing page at the bottom where it says payments and the charges seems like there is an extra charge to each of the packages. It should clarify that it is for the credit card processing and that it is optional because it did not look like it was and when I asked I found out it was.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

We decided on Shopmonkey instead of the other products because they had great customer service, available to answer questions immediately without me having to call and wait on hold. Also, it was more user friendly for the owner who does not like technology.

Ted

Exceptional and instant support via chat

Pros

As a new customer who needed to setup canned services and fixed-price services, I needed help. Their online chat service is exceptional; since this is a cloud service their support person could log into my account and add the items I needed. Also explained how to add more myself. This is the BEST computer related support I have ever experienced.

Cons

So far I have found no limitations. Sure it is a learning curve but so is every such product.

Reasons for choosing Shopmonkey

Shopware did not respond quickly to our request for a demo. If sales is slow to reply, I suspect support is worse.

Reasons for switching to Shopmonkey

Mitchel only ran on one computer and this because a pinch point causing huge delays. ShopMonkey is cloud based and we can use it from multiple computers and tablets at once.

Victoria