Browse GoodSync Reviews

Edward from More Magazines

GOOD sync is my favorite backup software!

The great benefit to this backup software to others that I have tried is the level of customization. I have my main personal files in a separate location and those are the most important to have backed up in multiple locations. As for the operating system files, I have used my personal file back up more often, as if I have a problem with a computer, I do a fresh install of the Operating system (NOT from backup), and I have my personal files already backed up separately to install on the new install.

Pros

First, GOODSYNC actually copies files faster than windows explorer. I use the program to automatically backup various files to multiple backup hard drives, including cloud drives. I have multiple jobs running, so I can back up certain sets of files to one drive, and others to another drive, all VERY customizable. I have separate storage folders that back up separately, and I also have jobs that backup entire hard drives -- but only files that have changed, so it doesn't have to start from scratch each time. These jobs run automatically, set by the built in scheduler. I also like the option for the program to send an email after each backup, confirming the back up, and alerting me if there are any errors.

Cons

Infrequently, there are errors that I can't understand. (The error reporting may be a bit more complex for my needs.). However, I don't see that as a limit to the software, but a limit for me as a non-expert user. Either way, I can see the file that wasn't copied and can filter and/or fix the program so it can be copied, or by-passed if necessary. Usually this happens with temp files that I don't actually need backed up. (There is also a filter to keep from copying these, but I haven't used it. That would probably solve my problem before I would have one.)

Peter from Self Employed

Industry: Program Development

I run all my backups for all my devices using GoodSync

My over all experience is excellent and I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

It integrates well with all my NAS devices, Using the "goodsync explorer" program I am able to see all my backup locations including my Google Drive and BackBlaze B2 storage. And the price just can't be beat for what this program is capable of. My fav features are: Integration with all my cloud storage that's simple and easy. Integration with all my NAS devices Synology and WD. Precise control of when and what gets backed up. Ability to detect file changes on MY NAS, MY PC and my cloud service so everything is backed up nearly instantly. The GoodSync Explorer feature makes it easy to see the files on any of my devices or RDP into them if need be. I have recommended this to others and everyone that has taken my advice is very pleased with this program as well.

Cons

The only negative I have is that it does not run as a standalone program on the NAS, but since I use a dedicated PC as my backup controller that hasn't really been a hindrance.

David from Cooper Legal Group

Industry: Law Practice

Awful. Complete waste of money.

I developed great experience with debugging and anger management. It inspired me to scout the market for other solutions, and it encouraged me to learn rsync as a substitute.

Pros

It's easy to delete. That's about the best thing I can say: it can be removed by simply dropping it in the trash.

Cons

I have used GoodSync on and off for several years. Here's my typical experience: * I install the latest version of GoodSync. * I encounter various intermittent errors. * I delete GoodSync and use another solution. Why do I keep going back? Because I paid for it, and I cling to the hope that they will eventually make it *minimally* effective. No dice. It remains as much garbage as it was when I purchased it. Examples: * Locks up while attempting to sync to a folder. Just becomes totally unresponsive. The process needs to be killed, and often the machine rebooted, to recover from the lockup. * "Undefined Error: 0." Constantly. This is GoodSync's version of "An error occurred." Don't bother emailing GoodSync customer support - they don't know and won't help you. * Sync jobs just fail, spontaneously, mid-sync. The sync is running perfectly, the volumes are both still available... and it abruptly stops. * The network browser is overdesigned and overcomplicated. All you want do is to specify a URL, a username, and a password. Sometimes it accepts the settings. Sometimes it just retains the old settings, and barfs out random error messages. I give up. They are never going to make this software to minimal usability. I have scoured all of my computer systems of this bloated trashware. Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't waste your time, and don't give this developer money. You will regret every dime and every moment you spend on this garbage.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied August 2017

Hi David - We have escalated your support ticket and we have reached out in an attempt to resolve the issues listed in your feedback.

Easy to use product that gets the job done

saved us alot of time and actually worked better than expected for the doctor.

Pros

Using this product with the built in scheduler and it works very well now for several years. Implementation was simple as it does compare new to already existing files that you already have in the directories. I setup a simple task for the radiologist here and he was very happy with the way it synced up the data for him in both realtime and on a schedule. Overall I would recommend this product to anyone. Shows you a list of what was copied too that is quite nice.

Cons

Some of the tasks can be kind of complicated to setup. You have to think about the file extensions and how you want to setup the transfer and where it will reside. Takes some trial work to get things going sometimes that what I am saying.

Joel from Tech Next Door

Very intelligent and feature rich syncing tool

Syncing files is huge these days and GoodSync has provided me a solution to sync files without storing files in public cloud storage. As well, for the files I do keep in public cloud storage, I can back them up. Long time user and big fan.

Pros

I feel safe syncing files with GoodSync because of the smart algorythms for comparing files. As well there are fail-safes built in (optional) that will backup files that are deleted. I have never needed them but it is good to know they are there. The software comes in handy all the time. It integrates with your cloud accounts to back them up and via their GoodSync Connect I can easily sync files over the Internet. I have used it for years and it has provided an easy solution to many types of problems.

Cons

The server version of GoodSync is high priced.

charith from Colombo dockyard PLC

Industry: Shipbuilding

Best data synchronising tool for busy world

As an electrical engineer, I am very busy during work and after my works hours. Therefore sometimes I forgot to back up my important data or files. GoodSync is one of the software which helps me to continue my work very smoothly. Synchronizing and backup are very imported for my job because I deal with a lot of project-related documents and these documents are the most important part to increase the businesses of my shipbuilding company.

Pros

GoodSync has a user-friendly interface and it is very easy to used to file synchronizing and backup. Also, there are many tool end to end encryptions, real-time data transfer, block-level data transfer, and version history control besides synchronizing. It only synchronizing the latest files only and avoid data corruption during data transfer.

Cons

Sever license price is very high when compared with other licensing options. Sometimes for some types of file synchronizing speed is low.

Perfect tool to selectively backup and sync data

GoodSync is one of the most complete solutions for selective backups and folder sync across local networks. It provide a classic 2 sides interface (sources > destinations) and a bunch of parameters and checks to perform file validation during reading-writing processes. Recommended as an alternative to cloud sync services within LAN.

Pros

Fine tuned tool for selective backups and folder sync Several triggers can be set up Impressively detailed time scheduling for periodic activities Supports syncs and backups across network devices

Cons

Not for non experienced users GUI is improvable Maybe a wizard could help to make it more user-friendly

Instead of saving data on 2-3 places, I can sync different clouds, save spaces.

The software is great, but once I format my computer and reinstall it, it again asks for license and I've to contact customer support, but I am hopeful this will be resolved soon, and you'll link the license to my IP. It saves a lot of time for me. I love the easy to delete function that features with this software.

Pros

Everything that I need about my backup data. I desperately needed to sync it to cloud and back to my PC without any other software installation. GoodSync does it. I never delete the files here, just to be sure that I don't need them anymore. I can customize sync options to different hard drives and that's the part I love most.

Cons

It took me too long to set up as it is pretty slow in getting installed. Free utilities are also present, but with same features, and automatic exception handling can really cause problem sometimes. One of my files was deleted not to be found again :-(

Response from Siber Systems

Replied April 2018

We're very sorry to hear about your file. Regarding both the lost file and the setup time, please feel free to contact our support team if you haven't already. A representative is always more than happy to assist. Thank you! https://www.goodsync.com/php/gsss/main?lang=en

GoodSync is a great way to implement a 3-2-1 backup solution.

GoodSync is a great file backup management application that makes it easy to backup my files.

Pros

GoodSync allows me to backup by computers to my NAS and to my Cloud Storage provider Backblaze without hassle. I can easily set it up for unattended backup and have email alerts sent in case of a problem. Also it works on Linux!

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software, but the settings could be a bit more descriptive to ensure I know what they do.

Ronald from Tesco

Reliable File Syncing/Backup

Backup, backup, backup. I use this to keep a redundant backup going between a NAS Drive and 2 external backup drives. The best software I have ever bought.

Pros

- Backup options - Sync options - Delayed sync/backup - Sync, files, folders, external drives

Cons

I have yet to find anything bad to say about this software

Steve from Sterling Public Relations

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

GoodSynch -- equals piece of mind

See above. Basically I run a home based business that is heavy on word documents, correspondence, and background information and GoodSync gives me great piece of mind. I tried online backup and it was more trouble that it was worth.

Pros

I started Sterling Public Relations in 2002. All of my company files were first on a desktop and then on successive laptops. I'm talking all files including accounting files, news releases, feature articles, planning -- everything. If I lost files, I'm out of business or at least significantly hurt. Over the years I tried online backup. It never set up properly or quit after a time. The big boys like Drop box, simply were not right for me. I have massive amount of files and many links to web background. I finally decided to buy a portable hard drive and look for a software solution that would automatically backup my files. I found GoodSync in 2016. Now every file I save is automatically backed up a few seconds after I save it. It's really like magic. When I travel I take my external hard drive with me in my computer case. Whenever I buy a new computer, I put GoodSync on it. I also have my personal files backed up and kept sperate from my business files. My wife, who works with me, has GoodSync on her computer. All of our family photos, at least the electronic ones, are backup through GoodSync. Great product. Reliable. And worth its weight in gold. I do not worry about losing my files. And not worrying is a big stress reliever.

Cons

Not too much to complain about. I am not the most computer savvy person. It was a little hard for me to set up. But not anything terrible. It was more me, then the package.

Reasons for Switching to GoodSync

It never worked because of the volume and types of files

Scott from PM2 Strategies

GoodSync is best backup software I've ever tried

I've tried a lot of tools for backing up to an external drive, and GoodSync is by far the best one I've used. Other backup software has been prone to errors (not acceptable for a backup tool!) or lock you into a backup format that only permits a full-blown restore of the whole disk. A full-blown restore might be okay if you created the backup yesterday and your original disk completely crashes today, but that's not how I intend to use it. I want to be able to retrieve just the files I want, without risking overwriting newer versions of the files on my original disk.

Pros

GoodSync does a great job for me of backing up to an external hard drive. The first backup of a large set of data (100GB or more) takes a while, but that is mostly about the transfer speed of your USB 3.0 port and computer. GoodSync reports progress accurately by showing percent complete, transfer speed in MB/second, and shows the list of files being transferred. Future backups to the same external drive go very quickly, because GoodSync first compares the original disk to the backup and only transfers the files that have changed. The user interface is straightforward. You set up each job as either a backup (one way transfer from original disk to a backup disk) or a sync (two way transfer, so that both disks have only the most up to date files.) The backup drive is searchable with Windows Explorer file and folder system, so you can retrieve only the files you need when you need them.

Cons

GoodSync gets a new version update frequently (weekly? monthly? I'm not sure) without making any noticeable changes. The software prompts me to update the version almost every time I use it, which is slightly annoying because updating to the new version takes a few minutes before I can actually run the backup. I recommend that GoodSync should either make it more obvious why the update should be worthwhile (security enhancement, debug, user interface enhancement, etc.) so users are more incentivized to perform the update, or otherwise hold off for a few months at a time between releasing updates that provide no apparent improvement.

Reasons for Switching to GoodSync

Other programs were error-prone or did not store the backup in a Windows Explorer readable format. They only allowed full restores of a disk, not file-by-file recovery.

Daniel from bahrcode.com

Solved our problem - reliably

We had a unique situation where remote locations in central/south america all needed to sync files securely into our repository for reporting purposes. Given that none of the entities involved would allow inbound connections, and that the data was 'sensitive' in nature, we needed a solution that would be reliable, automated, secure, etc. and that would 'phone home' on a regular schedule. Problem solved.

Pros

Reliable - it is able to xfer files over the worst connections, and do so reliably and accurately. Never had any problems with corruption. Flexible - we can configure just about any parameter needed to setup a bi-directional sync, or just a backup. Easy - being able to select which files and folders, browse local and remote directories, etc. is all intuitive.

Cons

Rarely - but on 0ccasion, we would get a sync conflict that causes the process to stop. It would be nice if it had the ability to realize it was hung (hadn't progressed in 24 hours or whatever) and restart. But this has been less that half-dozen times in 3 years across 25 remote locations.

Joshua from META Solutions

It's What The Name Says: Good!

This software caters to a small niche, and it caters to it well! (Or, "good."). I have yet to find a backup/syncing software that is both powerful and easy. Honestly, I have yet to find many that work  period! While Goodsync is a paid option, it's ridiculously affordable as far as software goes. I highly recommend!

Pros

Cheap. Highly affordable. Customizable (e.g. Create routines, specific sync jobs, etc...) Updated CONSTANTLY. (I don't even say this exaggeratively: I think this software receives more frequent updates than any I know. Which is reassuring with software that you're trusting with daily automated tasks  especially ones likely involving the backup of your life's data.)

Cons

While I think the UI is pretty outstanding relative to the challenge it's trying to solve, it can still be daunting at times. When you're reviewing the sync analysis for thousands upon thousands of files, it seems like there might be a slightly better way to display things to the user to inform them of important notices, etc...

Sherry from American Safety Council

A MUST for everyone backups made EASY!

My life is better with this software. I have never had a bad experience. I am constantly recommending it. I believe everyone should own it. If your hard drive crashes, you are screwed... unless you back up regularly. Good Sync only updates the most recent file. There is no need to resave a file that has not changed, so the process is very fast.

Pros

This software is simply amazing! The user interface is easy to understand, no instructions needed. Simply browse to select folders. Sync in either direction, exclude specific files or file types. Very easy to customize how to handle. Create multiple tabs allowing more specific customization of your back-up. I do mine daily - onto a flash drive, and I have 4 tabs... one of which pulls files from another computer in my network at home. The cost is minimal, but the benefit is worth it's weight in gold.

Cons

Nothing.... I have used it for 15 years now... only wish I discovered it before then!

The only tool that is required for Sync and Backup

When we have too much data it is really easy to forget back up or sync. We also need to keep track manually of the changed files and update. In some cased it can be easily overlooked. Having a software like GoodSync, we don't really have do any manual tracking. It takes care of comparing and we just have to choose what actions needs to be taken. Saves a lot of time and make the whole process easy.

Pros

-Both Backup and Sync can be done. No need to have different tools for different jobs. -Synchronizing tool is very powerful and accurate -There is built support to sync with many cloud storage accounts (google drive, onedrive, box etc) -Portable version of the software is handy as it can be used in many computers. (the price is slight higher) -Ability to save sync or back jobs is very convenient and being able to group is quite nice. -I have 9 hard disks and i back up and sync between all of them using GoodSync. It is really fast and makes the easily done.

Cons

-User Interface for synchronization can be improved. It took some time to realize how exactly it works so first time users can find it a bit difficult. The way the data represented (conflicts, copy left to right and vice versa) and also the action that needs to be taken presented in a better way. This is not really a bad thing as once understood or after using it for a while it be very easy to use. People who have used tools compare and merging tools will not have any issue.

Malik from University

It can compare two directories and automatically copy new files, and keep the folders in sync.

GoodSync 10 is a reliable application that can help you back up your important data automatically and on regular basis without much effort. Support for batch processing ensures that this application can handle multiple sync jobs together.

Pros

The UI of the application is simple and clean, and one can easily get used to it with little time and effort. The application offers to create two different types of backup jobs to suit the needs of the users. Backup job only modifies files in the output directory, and includes hidden and system files by default. Synchronization job changes the files on both sides, so any changes made to any of the folders is synced to the other one. This option excludes system files by default. You can sync files and folders from remote computers using FTP or SFTP. You can also sync folders and files located on GoodSync Connect, Windows Shares, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Windows Azure, Amazon Cloud Drive, SkyDrive or WinMobile ,OneDrive Office 365 and Box.com, BackBlaze B2. The application makes use of end-to-end AES with 256-bit key encryption to ensure safer backups. Using P2P method for backup increases backup speeds by many times making even bigger backups very quick.

Cons

P2P method for backup should increase the speeds significantly, however, this isn't the case here. It is actually slower than many other similar applications.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied March 2018

Hi Malik - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you can please submit evidence of P2P definitely investigate ASAP. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn

Goodsync is a great tool for syncing servers and the cloud

Syncing a PC folder to a server folder, syncing a server folder to a different server folder, syncing from a PC or server folder to cloud storage (using the local display of cloud contents) available when using cloud storage platforms like Dropbox, OneDrive or Sharepoint.

Pros

Easy to configure software; extremely reliable. With the personal edition, as long as your PC can see the source and the target, you can sync between both sides. I lover the auto scheduling of the sync. Warning messages are also helpful. Finally running as a background service allows a PC to act as the broker to sync between servers, PC's and cloud storage (like Dropbox) and PC to PC.

Cons

Really nothing. The software works as advertised and is reasonably priced for performing a very specific type of task - syncing (one-way or bi-directional) between a source and a target file folder.

Chester from PrairieView Press Ltd.

Industry: Printing

Comments from PVP

It has been reasonable, one time when we had problems it was quite frustrating as it seemed almost impossible to just be able to call and get hands on help, but I think I finally was able to talk to a person. I understand your system, but sometimes when your problem is complex, it needs to be talked through but I eventually was able to do that.

Pros

It is reasonably priced and generally works well behind the scenes.

Cons

We have had a few issues where we would lose the licensing, and have to get it authorized again, it updates quite often which isn't really a big deal, but unless there are real improvements, would actually prefer it to be updated less. We were using Cubby, which works more as a central on the cloud system, that keeps all users updated, whereas this one works peer to peer, which doesn't seem to be quite as good. However, we have made it work.

Reasons for Switching to GoodSync

I don't remember what we all checked, but this seemed the closest to Cubby, which is what we were using.

Hany from Tpro SAL

Industry: Computer Hardware

A Great backup and Sync software that replaces a DAS

Pros

Flawless, manual or Automatic (Scheduled or on change) Synchronisation; it can replace a Direct attached storage with RAID 1 configuration; it also displays a summary of the changes from the source to the destination with plenty of criteria like propagate deletions at destination, or choose to leave any deleted file at destination, or even keep the deleted files for a certain period of time in case they are needed again; can be scheduled to automatically synchronise source with destination upon file change or new file addition; multiple Synchronisation or backup jobs can be created;

Cons

it is not easy to arrange the jobs in the required order

The best synchronisation software available.

Reliable backup to cloud and synchronisation between sites and to laptops.

Pros

Reliable synchronisation allowing good automation options, filtering and an excellent choice of target clouds.

Cons

Inability to synchronise the same set of data simultaneously means that complex setups have lots of failures until a job "gets its slot". In particular backup jobs should be bale to run without locking everything.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied January 2018

Hi there - thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Locking GoodSync job root files/folders is imposed so the folders / files we are syncing / backing up are not altered during the process. If any changes happen during this lock, they will be picked up when the next sync / backup job runs. Removing this lock is not recommended, but it can be done. Under Left / Right side of GoodSync job Options, check the box "No GS_Data folder here". Again, please note, that we do not recommend removing this lock.

Michael from Editing

Industry: Online Media

GoodSync has been working very well for me for several years.

Automated backups and consolidated cloud storage software.

Pros

I've been using GoodSync for all kinds of automated local and cloud backups for several years. Any issues I've run into have been minor and when I've contacted customer support they're usually very good about getting back to me with fixes and update me regularly. It's very versatile and reliable software that is pretty easy to set up.

Cons

When updating to new versions automatically, the software sometimes fails and you need to re-install the update manually. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying that it still happens from time to time.

Michael from DocPile.de

Really perfect for keeping files in sync

Keeping local copies of network files on notebooks in sync.

Pros

On our computers I literally have to keep hundreds of gigabytes in sync. GoodSync is almost perfect in this. If wanted, it syncs in the background. E. g. we use Nextcloud as our cloud storage. It works tremendpusly together with it.

Cons

License shifting is a bit difficult since when you want to port a license to a new computer due to hardware change, always ALL licenses of the same purchase have to be reactivated.

Reasons for Switching to GoodSync

All other products didn't work so well.

Suraj from Pelcian.ai (Ace Softwares)

Source and Target Directory scanning gets slower.

Backup small KB sized data files to other disk and S3 bucket of AWS.

Pros

The software is Easy of Implementation and very Robust.

Cons

Becomes slow when scanning file list at S3 bucket (has 1million files) when syncing from local to s3 bucket. It scans full list every time that takes 2 hours even when the bucket is used to just put file to s3 with no writes from other source.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied July 2019

HI Suraj - thank you for reaching out and providing feedback on your use of GoodSync. Regarding the issue you're experiencing, please open a support ticket by going to Help >> Contact Support. Create a support ticket from the GoodSync installation that is actually running that you describe in the issue. Once received, our team will review the log file, troubleshoot, and assist. Thank you!

Grant from Marks Supply Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

A product that does what it says - most of the time

We do rely on the product as an alternative to One Drive, which we found to be completely unreliable. GoodSync is far more reliable, documents the work it is doing really well, and provides mechanisms to overcome issues more robustly.

Pros

The interface is great - comprehensive, giving you the details of what's going on Performance is great - doing live syncs happens quickly and does not degrade performance noticeably

Cons

Integration with One Drive is not reliable. At times the connection breaks and the syncing stops. The Central Management of clients also does not work when using a One Drive as a target for syncing.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied June 2019

Hi Grant - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We have passed this information along to our support team for further review.

Francis from SYSGLOBERS

a robust tool

Pros

when the product is set you can trust him completely. The number of options can satisfy most needs, even the most complex. Backup or synchronizations finally become reliable.

Cons

Some minor translation errors for the French version, but nothing insurmountable.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the heads up about the translation issues! If it's not too much of a bother and you don't mind sending them our way, we'll gladly update. If so, you can submit them here: http://bit.ly/1L9QELn. Thanks again!

After extensively trying GoodSync and other similar syncing software, I have found the app to marry.

My stuff is in perfect sync and so are my backup drives!

Pros

I like its ease of use. Menu design, the option control is probably my favorite because I am very technical so I need the control over everything and all know what it's talking about.

Cons

I can't say there's anything that I don't like. It syncs FTP, Cloud, physical drives, I mean everything with speed an precision. I suppose it can have a more simplified user interface?

Dave from Government

Can't use

Used to be good, but inability to contact support has convinced me to find another product.

Pros

It used to work well...........................

Cons

I reloaded my harddrive from scratch. Now can't activate software. Tried to create a Goodsync account and cant log into that. And you can't talk to support unless you can log in! I am totally frustrated with this and am giving up.

Reasons for Choosing GoodSync

I thought it was a good choice. Wrong!

Darren from Faramagan

Industry: Online Media

Reliable syncing software saves so much time

Pros

- cuts out the middle man and saves so much time syncing files from one hard drive/decive to another - if a file changes in one destination, it will update the file in second destination automatically again, saving time and effort - once set up, no need to "turn on" or "log in" as such, syncing will occur automatically

Cons

- syncing to cloud solutions can be slow. - learning curve to set up, can take alot of time/concentration if unfamiliar with this style of software however once set up you are good to go!

This program is a Godsend!

Pros

This program is a godsend. I have a MyCloud, a personal cloud storage device. I wanted to back it up to Dropbox, so that I had my items saved in two places for protection, especially as the MyCloud is kept running all the time. No other program allowed me to backup to Dropbox from a networked drive. It's fast, it's easy. It does what it says it does. Setting things up could not be easier, and it's so nice to be able to pick and choose what folders to save, so you can wait on longer uploads for another time if you just want to do an emergency backup. 10 stars!

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little buggy and try to overwrite items that aren't new. So you have to go and select "Same name, diff time" or whatever that option is, and mark to not upload those. It would be nice if it could automatically check and not upload things that haven't changed, that way you don't have to stop a sync in progress to go back and skip things. It might even be possible, honestly, I just haven't found the right combination of settings to make that work yet. :)

Donald from Cerner Corporation

GoodSync - Does Not Sync Extended Attributes and Tech Support Is Rude and Uninformed

GoodSync has a slick website that promises a critical feature that they can't deliver and thier tech support is rude, unhelpful and technically out-of-date. Applications from other companies support syncing Mac extended attributes over SMB to a NAS albeit with a worse UI and poor documentation. I really wanted to like this product and even offered a suggestion for a workaround but they weren't interested. Here is one response a GoodSynch tech to a carefully crafted question from me that contained relevant log entries and observations. All of his responses were similar, no matter what information I provided. Tech: yes, you NAS does not support any such thing. you need to backup on Mac to actual disk formatted by Mac. NAS is not a Mac at all.

Pros

GoodSync has a good UI that is intuitive and the manual is excellent. Simple file syncronization tasks are easy to setup and can be easily autimated if needed.

Cons

The GoodSync website clearly states that Mac extended attributes are preserved during file syncronization. This is absolutely not true if you want to sync to or from network attached storage devices (NAS). I engageded thier tech support team and provided them with detailed information concerning the problem and was answered by someone using incomplete sentences saying that I couldn't sync from a NAS using SMB because MAC extended attributes were not supported by SMB which hasn't been true for several years. I politely pressed the point and tried to get the request escalated but the tech just blew it off. I reported this unbeleivably rude and poorly informed tech to the company and received a refund and a statement that they have problems getting SMB to work.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied February 2019

Hi Donald - we're very sorry to hear you had such a poor experience, and we want to assure you that we take technical issues, as well as specific requests very seriously. If you can please reply with your email address or ticket number, we will ensure it is properly escalated and addressed. Thank you.

Tony from CompuBase

Industry: Computer Networking

GoodSync Enterprise backup software is truly a great product, reliable, versatile and efficient!

Reliable backups with great features.

Pros

It provides a number of target options for backup. You can backup or sync to a local drive, a Server, web or to any Windows based device.

Cons

The software is great. However, when you uninstall it for the purpose of installing it on another system, it does not decrement the license count. You have to contact SiberSystems to reset the install count.

Prakash from PEI

Excellent software to sync file between PC and cloud

Pros

Goodsync can sync files between PCs or PC to cloud with no other software needed. Good auditing of all activity Option to keep multiple versions and deleted files It can run as a service

Cons

Workstation and server licensing is different even though they use same software. Difficult to keep up with version changes. (Good problem to have)

Thomas from Office Defender

Pros

Support has been excellent. Superb software for the money. It does exactly what it says, and I have yet to see an issue with it. Updates are prompt, work, and simply do their part to manage the backups.

Cons

So far, there have been no noticeable cons to this software. It's not free, but then again, free usually isn't worthwhile.

mirco from Energiabitiamo

Industry: Civil Engineering

GoodSync...is simple the best!

Pros

This software can do all things that you want for a sync software. Is very symple to use and to configure. Also work between web so this is a must!

Cons

I can made a lot of sync programation and i can use in multiple pc station dislocated in multy placement.

best use and performace

Always a solid product!

Simple - it does the job, both to sync and copy.

Pros

Easy to set up with an intuitive interface. Can either backup files to another volume or synchronize files between two volumes.

Cons

The enterprise version seemed quite expensive as compared to the standard version, especially since I'm simply copying files from one server to a second.

Menrad from Spitex Kanton Zug

daily I synchronize about 80 devices

Pros

Ingenious, that I must no longer have to access directly to the affected devices. The overview in the dashboard is very good. The view on the status is very important to me. Automated synchronization is a big help for us.

Cons

It is a pity that I can not search / filter the individual devices in the dashboard. It would be great if you could group the individual devices.

Response from Siber Systems

Replied November 2017

Hi Menrad - thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Regarding the ability to search/filter individual devices, while GoodSync Server does not have this functionality, the GoodSync Control Center does. You can find more info on the Control Center here: https://www.goodsync.com/business/control-center

tracy from TTG Transportation Technology P/L

TTG's Reivew of GoodSync

security of files and continuous backing up of those files

Pros

- reliable synchronisation - easy to set up - reasonably priced - security of data

Cons

Our clients have not experienced any issues in using this software.

Reasons for Choosing GoodSync

not applicable as we did not look at any other products

Works as advertised

Pros

Speed, configurability, Cloud Connections, visibility into what it's processing, works in the background, easy to setup

Cons

The inability to start and stop jobs based on a time schedule. Inability to have multiple clients syncing from the same drive/folder without having to re-analyse every time.

voris from BENETECH

Industry: Shipbuilding

Experiences

Pros

Reliable, accurate the server handles multiple connections well

Cons

Sync over slow lines, it takes a lot of time to complete. It would had been a nice feature if we could only sync a specific folder rather than the whole folder structure, when needed Server price... very expensive

Sunil from Amanda Joy Photography

Great software. Some quirks.

Pros

Overall, this is an excellent utility that is quite versatile! The interface is fairly intuitive, and the options and features list cover pretty much any normal file sync scenario you would run into. It's nice to have some of the community support to help answer questions and muddle through a specific set up you'd like to see, but for the most part, it's pretty easy to figure out.

Cons

From time to time it would crash randomly. No real indication as to what exactly would cause it, and tough to pin down a repeatable error. Also, there are free utilities that have almost exactly the same features and are a bit lighter on resources.

Jonathan from Red Draco LLC

Receive prompt response when ordering and with tech support

Pros

Lots of options, but simple to use if you want to be minimalist. However, lots of options to address various scenarios. We use the WebDav connectivity feature which is great for Cloud storage connectivity.

Cons

Bug fixes (Version Updates) seem to come haphazardly on no real set schedule. Would like to be notified of the the updates, instead of finding them available when I log in to check the sync processes.

Ziya from Smart Immo

GoodSync

Pros

User interface very friendly and have a lot of features.

Cons

both of site replication should be more easy and understandable because this part of application really very complex..

Reasons for Choosing GoodSync

I used trial version both of application but GoodSync performance more fast. configuration and management more flexible. User interface very friendly.

Wendy from CSI Computer-Systems, Inc.

Renewal process is a pain.

Pros

Now that we finally got it working, it is fine! It really does a good job now! It is pretty reliable.

Cons

Took too long to get it up and working correctly. I think you even had to make some minor changes to get it working for us.

Very Reliable - even in poor connectivity/remote environments

Pros

Reliable! It is easy to set-up and once in place it consistently does what we need, regardless of size or connection speed.

Cons

I would like to be add some additional features in future releases.

Michael from Orora Visual

Good Synch is a solid product. We've been using it for years to cross backup data on SANs and NASs

Peace of mind that my data backed up.

Pros

The flexibility of the synch and the ability to have multiple synchs configured and be able to manage the timing of those synchs to not interfere with production.

Scott from Dalziel & Pow

Good backup software at a reasonable price

Pros

Byte level copy. Fast copying. Works on Mac.

Cons

Interface is hard to understand. Only ticket system support. Hard to troubleshoot errors.

Jake from Community Living Dryden-Sioux Lookout

Straight forward and easy to use

The benefits we received was two perfectly synced servers in two different towns via vpn.

Pros

Not scary to use. Abundance of features. Powerful but easy to use. Support is helpful and knows their product.

Cons

Not much to say here. Product works as expected. Would recommend to anyone. Sometimes takes long to sync.

David from Kindale

great for syncing 2 computers

great backup solution

Pros

easy to sync for cloud or to another pc. Checks folders for syncing new files. easy to setup and great interface

Cons

Workstation and server licensing is different even though they use same software, could load folder with lots of files and folders faster.

Waste of Money - Terrible Customer Service

Useless tech support and a flaky app that stops working when you upgrade your hardware. Tech support cannot resolve the issue.

Pros

GoodSync is easy to use and it did the job.

Cons

I upgraded my SSD on my computer and this was the only application to stop functioning upon completing the task. It just wouldn't run. Tech support kept telling me to try again but it never resolved the problem. I asked for a supervisor to contact me by phone so we could step thru the process of what was happening but they wouldn't do do that. I can no longer run the program I paid for.

Reasons for Choosing GoodSync

1st product I came across howver, now that it doesn't run I found FREE FILE SYNC and it runs almost identical to GoodSync and it's free and just as fast.