Browse MailStore Server Reviews

Tom from White's Lumber, Inc.

Maistore Server solved multiple issues and created a platform for easy email archiving

Mail store server was put in place to prevent deletion of company emails by terminated staff. By setting Mailstore Server to journal all inbound and outbound memos and copy anything that existed in the mailbox of a user, we were able to keep a great log of all of our company's email. We also have an older server running exchange and we were low on storage space. Installing Mailstore on another server, that had a large storage capacity, allowed us to relieve the Exchange server space issue. Emails that were over 365 days old were removed from the Exchange server and saved in Mailstore. In a recent issue, we needed to recover from Mailstore emails relating to a warranty issue for a customer, that were sent to an associate that no longer worked for us. With the intuitive search functions, I found the emails and exported them directly to the store manager's email. She was able to read all of the email as if it was sent to her originally.

Pros

Incredibly simple install. We were up and running in a few hours. Extremely customizable for archiving Smooth system for exporting archived mail back to exchange and other mail types

Cons

The annual renewal was a bit high, but the support justified this. Overall, we moved Mailstore to another server and the support was excellent. Backups are easy. I cannot say we have had ANY issues with

Joe from Dickey's

Industry: Restaurants

Saved us from PST corruption

I have used this software in two companies so far. My first company I was archiving users mailboxes to PSTs to store on our server, users hate to delete old emails. Well PSTs are prone to corruption especially if they are pushing 50GB each, they also take up massive amounts of space. So I discovered MailStore and installed the trial. We moved a about 1.5 TB of PSTs down to under 500GB fully indexed and stored safely. I now use this at my new company and I pulled about 100 users email whos accounts were just set to shared mailbox and left in the cloud. O365 is now cleaned up and this is now a part of our user deprovisioning. My [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] said she loves the search function and it so much easier than eDiscovery.

Pros

Very easy to use and implement. Simple windows installation on a server and that is pretty much it to get going. Active directory integration to assign licenses for users, even Azure AD integration if you on on there. Easily connect to users mailbox and pull all their emails for storage and indexing. Automatic compression and duplication in flight. You can also setup automatic jobs for those users who fill up their mailbox frequently. The price is another great thing, for a commercial product that does such a good job for us it was near dirt cheap.

Cons

I wish it had email alerts for jobs that run for backup or verification of the database. Reindexing the archives can be VERY long for massive archives unless you have super fast SSD storage.

Easy to use e-mail backup

Mail backup easy to implement.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and implement, and is great to have a backup of all emails to be able to refer to.

Cons

When I had issues it was difficult to get in touch with the creators and the customer support was not good.

Rusty from Precision Reliability Services

Great for Archiving - Very Fast Retrieval

Very satisfied. Great investment for any small business owner.

Pros

Fairly straightforward to use. Interface could be better. Once set up, it’s very easy to use. Working with your archive is extremely fast. Any search takes less than a second. Very easy to delete and move emails. Opening any archived email in Outlook is fantastic.

Cons

Interface is a bit clunky - could be more intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing MailStore Server

Price was reasonable and it offered all that I needed.

Paul from MWI

Versatile mail archiving solution

Excellent, the support is great, responses usually within 2 hours, but always within the same day at most. Usually my support requests are not urgent, and I'm sure they weigh them based on the severity of the issue.

Pros

It was easy to install and configure, the documentation is excellent, it gets updates frequently enough that you know its being worked on, but not so often that it gets annoying.

Cons

Before setting it up you can discuss your end goals with them, some methods of archival archive messages directly, so they do not retain the users folder structure, some methods backup the users mailboxes directly, so they do. They all have pros and cons, and some of this depends on what type of mail server you are archiving from, but there is usually a solution for getting you exactly what you want.

Reasons for Choosing MailStore Server

Price and versatility. Barracuda is too focused on making gobs of money at the expense of users, their hardware is ancient, and still very expensive, started having problems with many barracuda archivers as soon as their warranties expired so decided to go another way and could not be happier

Fatih from VK Bilgi

All you need and best price

Archiving to mailboxes, open up to fast storage capacity and you can store your old mails in slower and cheaper storage. Also it effects your performance positively.

Pros

You will find what you need and more cheaper price when comparing mail archiving solutions on top of sectors. It use thunderbird flat database and no need to sql server and sql knowledge also that comes to ease of troubleshooting.

Cons

You need to deploy a server for every 500 mailbox or related with size. This is not really negative thing for this price. I just don't like the outlook plugin.

Francesco from Activtrades

Powerful but can be improve the UI

More than satisfy

Pros

Every feature you want and more, but can be implemented better the interaction with Microsoft outlook

Cons

Just complicated and not very user friendly

OK-ish for storing huge quantity of mails

Good tool, but it could be even better from my perspective

Pros

Huge capacity and you can keep there years of mails of the all office (i am an user, I don't know the cost honestly)

Cons

It is not always so quick, it could take minutes and sometime it is not easy recover and old email if it's useful. So they could improve it

giulia from Global Finance

Good tool for storing a lot of mails

Overall I liked it

Pros

I tried this software and it seems to me that it is a good option for companies that need to store huge quantity of mails in order to keep free space. The graphic part could be improved

Cons

it was not immediate understading all funcionalities. I am sure there are functionalities that I have missed, particularly in recovering an email when is needed

I use MailStore to back up email.

Pros

I like that MailStore works with many different types of email accounts and it lets me back up my email.

Cons

I wish MailStore was more automated. I manually go in and back up my accounts periodocally because I can't figure out how to have it do it.

Mahendra from Bootmacro Informatics Pvt Ltd

Excellent email backup and archive software. We helped number of companies, they are more happy now.

Pros

User friendly interface and easy accessible from anywhere, even from your mobile. It comes with outlook plugin, which is more easy to read archived mails and also reply to the archived mails.

Cons

If you go for Home version (free) it has to manually run the backup. For licensed, all automated, but need to purchase minimum 5 users.

Adib from ActivTrades PLC

Historical emails are safe and easy to retrieve

It is helping me a lot to retrieve all historical conversations which are needed in my daily work. the good thing about it is being able to find an email and reply to it using outlook. As well as, having the attachment available in the required email.

Pros

It is easy to find old conversations, just by entering a key word all emails related to this key word will appears, including the attachments.

Cons

not being able to find related emails to a certain email (unless if i am missing this feature)

MARTHA from At The Beach Tanning

I use this to back up my emails from gmail so that I can delete and make room.

Mailstore is a great way to back up emails.

Pros

I like that I can back up my emails and refer to them later. I am always running out of space in my gmail and so I have to use Mailstore.

Cons

I am not sure if it backs up only what is in my inbox and I am not sure if it backs up what I sent out.