Browse Spanning Reviews

JP from Global Value Investment Corp.

Industry: Investment Management

Excellent Salesforce Backup Utility

Backing up both Salesforce records and metadata was critical to our organization, as we've invested dozens of hours into creating a Salesforce framework and populating data. Spanning's backup solution seamlessly integrates with Salesforce and allows us to track the status of our backups and restore selected information with ease. The price was exceptionally reasonable for a small and cost-conscious organization such as ours.

Pros

Spanning is easy to use, effective, and has great customer support. One of Spanning's most valuable features is that it functions withing Salesforce, integrating very well and eliminating the need to visit another website or use a different application to check the status of and access backups.

Cons

While initial sales and setup support can be conducted via phone, ongoing support is primarily conducted via email.

Spanning for Salesforce is a Must-Have

We needed a backup solution for our Salesforce metadata primarily. We run multiple Salesforce environments due to the nature of our business and we are also migrating from one environment to another. Spanning was among the tools used in that migration project.

Pros

I liked the ease of installation and configuration. It took about 15 minutes of effort to install/configure and begin using. The backup function is seamless to administer once the app is installed. The restore function is easy to navigate through to submit and watch the status of a restore. Overall an easy to navigate user-interface. Authenticating across different Salesforce environments is easy as well.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to conduct Field Level restores. We're limiting to restoring an entire object. We can restore Flows and Workflows, but not Processes in Process Builder specifically. In this role, I inherited a mix of different automations, so this is not specifically a problem with Spanning other than it does appears that no all of our automations are accounted for.

Reasons for Choosing Spanning

I had previous experience with Spanning for Google and really liked it. I knew that Spanning had a solution for Salesforce backups and it was my first and only choice when I was hired by this company.

Paul from Insightful Mobility Ltd

Great company until it was taken over by Kaseya

Pros

Simple to use cloud-based and reasonably priced

Cons

The customer service and billing process. After Kaseya took over the company when the billing renewal occurred there was no simple way to pay for the services. They requested us to use some weird helpdesk form to put our credit card in for billing which seemed unusual and suspicious. Then they did not bill us for more than a month once we followed this even though we followed their instructions. Got angry and told us we need to pay even when they did not bill us, we then decided to cancel the service cancelled our services with them, and advised them. Their response was to put our debt with a debt collection. Hopeless!

Aaron from CORE Education

Spanning Backup for G Suite makes backup and recovery simple.

Spanning is easy to use and staff have access to the tool (if allowed) to recover their data without needing IT Support. It allows them to feel like they are empowered and in control and not to be embarrassed by having to ask. Being cloud based means the manual tasks of physical backups is gone freeing up time and effort to be spent in other areas.

Pros

Easy to use Secure Dependable Price Cloud Based Self Service for staff

Cons

Deleted staff backup recovery is not obvious. Weekly reporting can be a bit cryptic.

William from Will Figg Photography

Industry: Photography

Peace of mind.

Pros

So our team kept losing emails. Not sure if they were accidentally being deleted or if it was a network problem but we lost many many emails and documents in google drive. So this is where spanning came in. Wonderful to have the peace of mind and I cant tell you have many times its saved my butt.

Cons

I wish it were a bit cheaper, or it would backup an entire team under one domain. like a entire google apps acount.

Kevin from All-In Removal LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Beware Bait and Switch!

We tried their backup for GSuite and although it initially took a long time to index everything it seemed to work as expected. We then bought a couple licenses, but when reviewing the settings found that the team drive backup disappeared and it said to email support. We emailed support and they said "To have Team Drive Backup enabled for your domain, we ask that you have at least 90 percent of your users licensed with Spanning." which doesn't make sense for our business since most of our users are very light email-only users. Nowhere is this requirement documented in their terms, quotes, faq, master service agreement, service level agreement, "definitive guide to backup for gsuite" or administrator's guide.

Pros

Software can do what it says, and setup is fairly straight forward, but beware you are likely to get caught without backups when you need them most!

Cons

Google Team Drive Backup is enabled during the trial but after you purchase they disable it on you without warning.

Reasons for Choosing Spanning

It successfully backed up and recovered everything we checked against during the trial period where other products did not. Unfortunately the backup of drives stopped working once we actually purchased the product.

Rik from Belhaven University

Unitrends Spanning Backup

The ability to restore One drive files from deleted users is MUCH easier than the same process through powershell.

Pros

Once you get set up it's pretty much independent. No further tweaking needed. No schedules, no worries.

Cons

GUI was a little difficult to set up for a lot of users. Needed to get into powershell to license for a large group.

Reasons for Choosing Spanning

Best price and best interface

Ben from Uptime Networks, Inc.

Totally inadequate for business grade protection

This product is just not ready. The support is not easy to reach and when you do, it rarely provides what I would call a resolution.

Pros

It is cheap. Price is the only thing going for it.

Cons

That it takes several weeks (YES, literally several weeks) to get the initial backup of some user mailboxes. In addition, when there are errors (and there are always errors), you have little meaningful visibility into the cause or resolution options. You have to call into support and pretty much every time I've done that they say it will resolve itself on the next backup. Those run only once per day. The latest time, she advised we'll keep an eye on it for a week or so and see how it does. The other negative is that I have called for support and on more than one occasion, the hold time was 30-40 minutes. When I discuss this with account management, they advise that they really do prefer providing support via email.

Reasons for Choosing Spanning

Price. Yes, I was dumb and greedy.

Reasons for Switching to Spanning

Price. The only reason. and it was a HUGE mistake. Backupify is reliable and robust. I'm hoping this blunder will not cost me the thousands of dollars on the agreement. It'll be a costly lesson but I'll happily tell everyone about my experience to help prevent others from making this mistake.

Richard from Tubblog

SaaS needs protection -- and Spanning just works!

I've been using Spanning Backup to backup our company Google Apps since we first migrated to that platform. Even though Google provides their own backup service, it is not intuitive and so Spanning makes it very easy for me to see when my data has been backed up, and easily restore any individual emails, files or files directly. It's very simple to set up and use, and I've found the support to be excellent. What more could you want?

Pros

The peace of mind it gives me that my Google Apps data is backed up and easily restored when I need it. The fact that Spanning integrates directly into Google Apps. The great customer service I've received whenever I have a question.

Cons

The interface might do with an overhaul -- but it's certainly very useable as is.

Steve from Erayd LTD

Solid, works well, but locked in to the provider

It did the job while I used it. However, I ultimately decided to replace it with CubeBackup in order to regain control of my stored backups.

Pros

Solid and reliable. Does what it says on the tin.

Cons

Locked in to the provider for backup storage.

chris from Recrea Service & Consulting sl

Spanning is the best google drive backup system by far

we've been looking for a simple. Efficient system to make automated backups of our gmail and gsuite. We've tried several, but they all promise the world but don't deliver, or at the end are much more expensive than initially shown. Spanning is perfect.

Pros

Even though google drive says that the risk of data loss is extremely small, it cannot be excluded. Spanning takes the worry away

Cons

their customer support is good but slow. The multitude of departments are not always in the best communication

Reasons for Switching to Spanning

because the cost was 8 times higher than advertised on their website ( the storage capacity is limited and not advertised on their site ) I¡m told that they've changed that now

Daniel from rankingCoach

No development, bad UX and really slow Interface

After we cancelled, it was claimed that the contract would continue for another year, although contractually something else was agreed. I wish, I had never started with them.

Pros

Implementation and rollout was fast and easy.

Cons

Unfortunately, Spanning Backup has not seen any further development in the last two years. The user interface and the UX is a disaster. The backup of the data itself works, but when you search for data, you need a lot of time and a lot of patience. A complete export of the data is factually not possible. A single mailbox with 20GB of data took a week to export.

Stanley from WBTLA

Lost my data, TWICE!

Due to someone not provisioning our licenses correctly they lost years of data back in 2020. We decided to continue to use their services, but just recently the SAME thing happened and we lost 30 days.

Pros

Touch free and ease of use. The expectation that data would be backed up automatically.

Cons

The software worked. But due to some mixup they did not provision license correctly which caused us to lose our backups.

Kim from Help at home

Backups made easy

If you discard it’s faults, it’s a good service and works as it should for what you need.

Pros

They offer a free trial. You get unlimited backups which makes it ideal for businesses with tons of data. It supports all file types, which is pretty rare to find in a backup service.

Cons

Doesn’t have a mobile app. Very few scheduling options. Any issues and you have to wait on customer support to contact you back.

Vedran from ReversingLabs

Great experience so far with backing up all G Suite accounts (emails, docs...)

Pros

Ease of overall usage, does what it has to do. Flexible licensing, great support.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Sometimes errors appear in backup, but mostly the problem is on Google's side and is resolved in a day or two.

Mayank from Soft Data Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

Spanning Backup savior

The overall experience has been great

Pros

The only software used by me for backup has been spanning backup this is the best back up everyday Salesforce gsuite or Outlook

Cons

No nothing has been disappointing for me till now

Bill from Carolinas Net Care

Industry: Information Services

Spanning

Overall positive, recovery capabilities and interface is excellent

Pros

Very advanced functionality. Ease of setup and recovery.

Cons

Integration with VSA could be more featured

Switch to Kaseya VSA

Reliable and easy-to-use

This software is very useful when I go offline and lose my connection to the cloud.

Pros

If you want to back your Google cloud services (e-mail, drive, calendars etc) up, this software seems to be the easiest tool for you. Here we have an unlimited storage opportunity and a free trial period, it is enough to feel comfort of it.

Cons

If you don't have enough space at your Google account, then you should empty some..

Spanning offers the best SaaS Backup!

Pros

Spanning was recommended to me by an associate, because I was looking for something that would work with Salesforce. I've been pleased ever since. They protect us from malware, hackers, accidental deletion, and there's no storage limitations.

Cons

Spanning has yet to let me down. Their point-in-time restore has come in handy more often than not.

Marya from NatureBridge

Great In-App UI

Pros

It's easy to navigate the User Interface. I love that the User Interface is built within Salesforce.

Cons

I've only reached out to support once and it took a bit of going back and forth to get the answer I needed.