All Phorest Reviews

Jackie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Bowled over by this system after 23 yrs of pencil & paper bookings. Glad I made the leap to Phorest

Professionalism and accuracy along with lots of feature just starting to enjoy.

PROS

The speed I can make bookings and changes. Clear, straight forward screens, easily understandable and visible. Great marketing features which I know will bring big changes to our salon. Great staff reports showing clear results of sales, targets and utilisation - a real help for one-to-ones. Appointment reminders and email marketing are a great feature which I am enjoing learning to use. Can wait for all the positive changes Phorest will bring our salon.

CONS

One or two niggly things on the screen but all about personal preference. I'd like a time scale on both sides of the page, and the hours to be shown in bold with the quarter past half past and quarter to in normal size. When I make a few selections of treatments for a client and she changes her mind the timings don't automatically bunch together - for example if the client selected an hour treatment followed by a half hour treatment the system would say book 3pm for the first and 4 pm for the second, but if the client then changed her mind with the first treatment and changed it to a half hour treatment the system keeps 3pm for the first appointment but leaves the second appointment at 4pm whereas it should automatically shift it up to 3.30pm. The only other thing we'd like is a page down button on the key board - out laptop isn't touch screen and the mouse is only a pad - it is difficult to slid up and down the page while holding a phone in one hand!

Andy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Great Software, Great Support but could be improved

The automation and easy of management saved our business 10 to 30 hours a month, its an absolute dream but i just wish it could do more and be relevant in todays market

PROS

This software is absolutely great for any salon, we use it our self in our Worthing branch and it makes managing appointments extremely easy! No training is needed as its very easy to use, the drag and drop interface makes scheduling our employees great, and if theres ever an absence its able to give us a staff by staff feature of their day plan (if its all booked in with Phorest)

CONS

What we have done to give the client complete control is integrate this software into our website, this lets them see all of their available options and times for treatments. What i would like to see in the near future is staff, so someone can book a specific appointment with a member of our team! The system itself is closed to the outside world so its quiet hard to grow your company once your using this software, its limited by its own design and before you invest i would make sure you aren't looking for any additional features before committing.

Reviewed November 2021

Ok System with horrible customer service and no follow up

I’ve had a ton of ups and downs from day one. Beware what the sales team promises because it’s not likely true. And good luck if you want to streamline marketing and your online store. The store will not sync with any social media or selling platforms, so it’s essentially useless. Marketing is decades behind anything else out there.

PROS

POS system is good. Easy product setup.

CONS

The worst customer care I have dealt with in a very long time. The online store is very sub-par. Marketing looks horrible. System and app do not work well together. Way to expensive for the service you receive.

Reasons for switching to Phorest

I wanted to streamline my marketing efforts and online store to sync with an inventory. I’ve wasted a year and a ton of money with nothing that was promised even available yet. And customer service that leaves the system down over the weekend with no response for days. Calling in your told, “oh that team is gone for the day. They may have to get back to you Monday.”

Hi, We at Phorest are extremely sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with us. We strive to help you grow your business and make your life easier and we clearly haven't met those expectations. Since your review, we have made huge changes to our software as a whole and particularly our online store and inventory tracking and integrations. We'd love for you to consider Phorest again and book a demo to see all our new amazing features such as.. - Online Store Overhail - Cardless Checkout - Contactless Check-In - QuickBooks/Xero Integration - Curbside Pick Up ...and so many more.

Replied November 2022

Vi

Reviewed October 2017

It is a good software, easy to use and quick.

PROS

I like that everything is easy to find. Big buttons, does what it says on the tin really. Easy to input data, maybe too easy that people just don't input anything else apart from name, tel and email and still saves it? I like the email functionality which is free, SMS functionality but it is paid. Also can link to social media, which is good for salons with less than 3 branches (easier to manage the content).

CONS

Reports are not as easy to do, if you do not want the standard stuff. I would personally improve that bit and make clever reports. Also, I would prefer the app to be improved as it looks very dated and old and it is not as personalised as you would need. Additionally, push notifications on the app for appointment reminders should come as standard and at the moment this function is not available. Everyone does push notifications, even for pushing content on blogs and social media.

Amy

Reviewed July 2015

Easy to use, amazing after sales team

I was recommended by a customer of mine who loved their system. I called the number listed on the website 3 times with no answer and no answer machine facility. I then filled in a contact form and someone (Brian I think!) called me straight away and apologised for the phone technical issues, they explained everything really well to me and I felt that this was the right system for me and loved the philosophy of "Let's Grow." I booked an appointment to meet with a sales rep. When the rep came, I felt a little disappointed, he wasn't really that friendly and I felt like he sped through some of the features. A few of the questions I asked he answered with "the trainer will show you that on the day" which wasn't really what I wanted to hear when I was debating wether or not to spend a lot of money on a system. I asked if I could apply a 25% discount to group of customers that have used me for 10 years and I was told "No, you'll have to do that manually for each one, each visit" (the technician today laughed and told me of course I could :) ) When I saw my customer I told her about my bad experience and she convinced me to try again (so you need to thank her- (Tej & Co)) and said she'd had nothing but good experiences, so I decided to give it another go. The technician Dave who came out to me today was amazing, really friendly and so helpful, answered all my questions and went out of his way to give me contact details and then help me again at 7.30pm to set up my home computer. He is a real credit to your company! Everybody else that I've spoken to either over the phone or via email have been great, responding quickly to everything and again really friendly but professional. I haven't heard from the rep since the day I paid my deposit, and I feel like that says it all. I never write reviews (least of all bad ones!) but I truly believe that without that recommendation or your other staff I wouldn't have come on board with Phorest, and that would have been a massive shame- I've only had it 12 hours and I love it!

Kala

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2016

Outstanding

Phorest was easy to deal with from the word go - down to earth, understanding, and trustworthy. I suffer from learning disabilities and Phorest staff are so patient with me and really help me to understand anything I need. They are right there for me even down to the stupid things like how do I open something. Or where to find something. This was a big step for me and Phorest made it so easy. It's so good I tell everyone about it. I love it and to know I have it makes me proud.

PROS

I like that the software is easy to use, nice and bright, colourful, and it changes all the time. I love how it saves looking at the same screen all the time, and Phorest listens to the client base and changes things when they need to which I think is just amazing.

CONS

I don't like the fact that there our little bits in each section so you have to really search for some things to find what you want. And I don't like that it doesn't come with a spell check as this would be so helpful.

Matthew

Hospitality

Reviewed December 2016

This Software Rocks!

Its been a fantastic transition from MINDBODY software to PHOREST . The Team at Phorest is nothing short of brilliant. I Just want to share Two things. 1 the software 2 The support. 1. I have been using Mindbody for over a year. I have a medium size staff of 6 stylist in total and depend on a full management software to manage my small salon. Honestly you cannot even compare the software, Phorest is way more complete, and is made for the hair industry. It works so well, No bugs. The software never crashes. It works smoothly. Its really simple and easy to navigate, book appointments , run reports. I wish I had found the software ages ago! My old software was crashing and full of bugs, constantly on the phone trying to fix an issue on the site that was the software. They have amazing social media integration. Marketing is all worked into the software, and very easy to use. They have great email campaigns all built in. Well I could write a full page here but will move quickly to point 2. 2 The service and support is amazing, we have had ongoing training for all our staff, If we are stuck on any difficulty amazing support is just a call away. I Am looking forward to making full use of this powerful tool in my Salon, and looking forward to growing my business with Phorest. Thanks to Daniel , Shane, Barbara, Martha Helen And all the guys at Phorest for all the help support and training. Looking forward to growing with Phorest. Matthew Jonathan

PROS

Easy to use. A complete system. Great support

CONS

None

harpreet

Reviewed September 2017

Good Software but it can be better

PROS

easy to use , one of the best software in the market , support team is great , cost effective , upgrade with new feature and improvement is always a plus .

CONS

few general things are missing , it is always good to wok on big improvements but its also important to work on few general things too for example Paymentmate software from phorest needs to be released Please bring reprint receipt option on appointment page Please add currency calculater on cash up user voice needs to be redesign

Reviewed February 2015

Great company, great people, great service

When choosing to go into business it was important for me to do research on salon software systems. I looked into the pros and cons of a few different companies. A couple of the things I took into consideration were the start up costs and how the company can help us grow. Phorest came out out on top by a mile. The start up cost where competitive and came with benefits that other companies where not offering (at the time) A few of the key things that where important for the business in my point of view are our online presence. Phorest a comany in my opinion are forward thinking they provided us with the means to book online directly too our appointment page, a salon branded app along side the option to post our feed back directly to facebook, Twitter and Pintrest. This has served endless benefits for us. It's provided us with new clients who have found us directly from Google based on our facebook reviews. Not to mention the benefits of having those reviews In the first place good or bad. The level of customer service received every time we have contact has been inpecible to say the least. Always greeted with a friendly voice at the other end of the phone and any and all issues are resolved promptly. There level of comunication is high and you are never left wondering what's happened when in the unfortunate instance of a glitch in the system. It is very clear they are a company who care about its clients and are always on had with great new marketing ideas and promotions! I genuinely feel our growth as a business is just as important as there own. Which in comparison to other conpanies I looked into this stood out a mile. I am very happy for choosing Phorest and I have recommend them to my salon owner friends near and far and will continue to do so.

Charley

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2017

Woukd highly recommend to everyone (and I do!)

Phorest had been absolutely amazing from day one. Unlike other companies that once they have sold you the software, you never hear from anyone again. Phorest really care about their clients. The continued support, blogs and customer service are incomparable. Not forgetting the software itself is fantastic. Everything we asked for and more so much, in fact, I probably don't use ALL the features available due to having to sit down and read through all the manual - Highly recommend this. Today was the first time we had to phone forest 're a support matter in 18months and it was resolved promptly not affecting business because the IPads and Phones were still working. Thanks a million guys

PROS

Online bookings, Reports, photos & marketing

CONS

Unable to upload your own consultation forms from other companies

Kaldev

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2016

basic add ons

Please add a function where multiple client payments can be taken, as a partner/couple or a friend may be paying for treatments for 2 people even 3 at times, this would be a fantastic function and make the system less cumbersome and time-consuming when taking group payments. Also, add a basic invoice log: date, type of invoice (stock, utilities), Company, ref number, amount, Paid/unpaid, this will enable to look at business cash flow and will turn the system into a true salon management system. Set 2 stock levels - 1) store room stock 2) treatment room stock, will aid in easier stock taking, tracking of stock etc.... RETURNS: when an item is returned system automatically returns item to stock, should be 2 options 1) return to stock 2) return to supplier (returned to supplier, refund client, and value deducted from professional sales purchases Loyalty points: on pos ask if products to be redeemed on points, able to set independent amount of points will aid marketing, and request loyalty card no Loyalty card no points, there is no point in salons investing in loyalty cards if these are not going to be produced, and salons will not see the need for investing in these as the loyalty points are automatically applied, with the no card no points system, salons will benefit if clients do not produce card, also clients will Add to subconsciously keep the card with them and hopefully promote benefits to friends and family

Harpreet

Reviewed December 2015

Very good but can be better

I try to raise these issue with customer service and on user voice too but didn't get any success 1- I request to bring receipt reprint option in front where we book appointments , right now it is in sales window and I don't want to give access to my all employees for sales window ,it is a same thing giving access to my employees for financial report, please either bring it in front at appointment builder page or hide total sale where it says cash and credit total . 2- Please provide us overtime calculation in clock in and clock out report , I use excel sheet to count the over time , I have 40 employees and I have to feed each employee hours manually to excel sheet to calculate the overtime .Please provide us the option to feed after how many hours of day the overtime start and same thing after how many hours of week the overtime start. 3-Please give us the option in financial monthly report to break that report in days , for example if I need to tally a report of one month with my QuickBooks , I need to pull 30 reports , if I need to tally yearly report I need to pull 12 reports , if I have a audit and they wants to see daily reports for 3 months I need to pull about 90 reports. 4- user voice should be given a new look , its just a suggestion , I think you should screen each voice and then you guys should write them down in a right way so each of us can understand ,by doing this it won't have duplicate request and a person like me who is not good in explaining can have a proper voice . Please change the vote system too , I think its should be on priority bases instead of votes , I mostly run out of votes but there are lots of things which I want to see in future so I think for example there are 10 suggestion I should pick the number one priority and then second and so on .and this way I can vote (pick the priority )on each of suggestion and you will know which suggestion clients wants first .

Petch

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Friendly helpful knowledgeable staff.

Clarity of the daily business conducted in the shops. Staff usage, sales, cash in store. It's all there to view.

PROS

Simple to use and very functional. The reports are great and save a lot of time at month end. I love the fact I can now access all the branches through the app. This is a major step forward for any business owner or manager.

CONS

Cloud based so reliant on internet connection. Internet goes down and we can't process sales. Not good.

Donna

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Phorest software

I looked at lots of systems and Phorest was one of the first but I was apprehensive at paying the initial outlay especially as I had already used a system for a couple of months which didn't work for me. I trialled a few different systems but nothing fitted right with me so I re-visited Phorest and it looked amazing. I took the plunge and at the training I kept saying "I can't believe how easy this is to use" Honestly I can't believe how much time I wasted looking at other systems. All I can say is you get what you pay for. Phorest is easy to use, it does everything apart from making your patients tea and coffee! It works on iPads, iPhones, the training is excellent and company support is amazing, they really want to work with you and grow your business. It only lost one star as we can't go totally paperless at present but I know they are looking into this. Best decision I have made and it is so professional.

PROS

Easy to use and easy on the eye Lots of reports Text and email templates or make your own Stock taking I love everything about it actually!

CONS

Will be good to be able to go totally paperless at some point but I know this will come to the future

Amy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Everyone has been really helpful, efficient and really supportive helping me set up my new software.

I'm really hoping it is going to help me boost by business reputation online and bring in new business and help with retaining existing clients and turn them into loyal regular clients.

PROS

Its really user friendly. The staff have been amazing and genuinely want to help me grow my business and do well. Love that you can link all your reviews in one place and monitor them. so much easier. Also love all stock is easily managed and the Treatcards are a great idea that my clients are really excited to get involved in. Also cannot wait to be able to use my salon app.

CONS

That its web based... I think its a real downside. But so far its only downside. Possibly would be good to be able to do more on Phorest Go! I do alot from home on my day off and it would be great to be able to see a little more on my phone/tablet rather than having to purchase another computer for home or bring my work computer home.

Shamus

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Helpful system that is easy to use.

A basic ability to manage my clients and have good records for historical that is easily accessible.

PROS

Simple and easy to use. A good way to monitor what is going on. It is easy to manage appointments. The support team is always on hand to support and advise with any potential issues that may arise.

CONS

Tricky having the initial training before the software was installed in the Salon. So some of the functionality that exists around permissions and betters ways of using the system was hard to take in at the time.

Kaitlin

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Ehhhh

PROS

Wonderful if you have multiple locations. Constantly getting updated, and can be used on multiple platforms!

CONS

The marketing is inferior, difficult to share reviews, difficult to modify existing prices and services

Reasons for switching to Phorest

Looking for the right product for me

Pat

Law Enforcement, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2017

I have only been using the software for a week now and already I am noticing big changes to my salon

This software has given me control of my salon as I don't work in the salon, I know what is going on and able to keep on top of my business.

PROS

Easy to use and navigate around, the various colours kinda personalise the calendar but still makes it very user friendly. I did not margin for the ongoing training offered by Phorest at my convenience , I expected to be able to get hold of someone when I want for any issues that I come across and I have not been disappointed thus far. I was a little dubious about the monthly price of the software package but now I am seeing that its good value for my hard earn cash. I hope this continue but so far I have no reason to think otherwise. I am looking forward to a long and prosperous working relationship with Phorest. Phorest you rock.