All Phorest Reviews

Jackie

Bowled over by this system after 23 yrs of pencil & paper bookings. Glad I made the leap to Phorest

Professionalism and accuracy along with lots of feature just starting to enjoy.

Pros

The speed I can make bookings and changes. Clear, straight forward screens, easily understandable and visible. Great marketing features which I know will bring big changes to our salon. Great staff reports showing clear results of sales, targets and utilisation - a real help for one-to-ones. Appointment reminders and email marketing are a great feature which I am enjoing learning to use. Can wait for all the positive changes Phorest will bring our salon.

Cons

One or two niggly things on the screen but all about personal preference. I'd like a time scale on both sides of the page, and the hours to be shown in bold with the quarter past half past and quarter to in normal size. When I make a few selections of treatments for a client and she changes her mind the timings don't automatically bunch together - for example if the client selected an hour treatment followed by a half hour treatment the system would say book 3pm for the first and 4 pm for the second, but if the client then changed her mind with the first treatment and changed it to a half hour treatment the system keeps 3pm for the first appointment but leaves the second appointment at 4pm whereas it should automatically shift it up to 3.30pm. The only other thing we'd like is a page down button on the key board - out laptop isn't touch screen and the mouse is only a pad - it is difficult to slid up and down the page while holding a phone in one hand!

Andy

Great Software, Great Support but could be improved

The automation and easy of management saved our business 10 to 30 hours a month, its an absolute dream but i just wish it could do more and be relevant in todays market

Pros

This software is absolutely great for any salon, we use it our self in our Worthing branch and it makes managing appointments extremely easy! No training is needed as its very easy to use, the drag and drop interface makes scheduling our employees great, and if theres ever an absence its able to give us a staff by staff feature of their day plan (if its all booked in with Phorest)

Cons

What we have done to give the client complete control is integrate this software into our website, this lets them see all of their available options and times for treatments. What i would like to see in the near future is staff, so someone can book a specific appointment with a member of our team! The system itself is closed to the outside world so its quiet hard to grow your company once your using this software, its limited by its own design and before you invest i would make sure you aren't looking for any additional features before committing.

Monique

Industry: Writing and Editing

Poor customer care

As of 2019 my experience is horrific. There is nothing I like about this software anymore. I would rather go back to salon iris. I just wish they were cloud base.

Pros

Client management Client connect Email marketing

Cons

US customer support is awful! Absolutely terrible. When they were in Ireland it was amazing. I can’t wait to leave as I have tried to communicate with their teams for months but still nothing has gotten better. Software doesn’t have you tube tutorials to help problem solve many features are not easy to find or use. When a client is a no show and you collect the deposit it goes to your billing and not to your bank account. That’s just ridiculous.

Reasons for choosing Phorest

They had good reviews

Reasons for switching to Phorest

Because Phorest was compatible with apple products.

Kala

June 2016

Outstanding

Phorest was easy to deal with from the word go - down to earth, understanding, and trustworthy. I suffer from learning disabilities and Phorest staff are so patient with me and really help me to understand anything I need. They are right there for me even down to the stupid things like how do I open something. Or where to find something. This was a big step for me and Phorest made it so easy. It's so good I tell everyone about it. I love it and to know I have it makes me proud.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use, nice and bright, colourful, and it changes all the time. I love how it saves looking at the same screen all the time, and Phorest listens to the client base and changes things when they need to which I think is just amazing.

Cons

I don't like the fact that there our little bits in each section so you have to really search for some things to find what you want. And I don't like that it doesn't come with a spell check as this would be so helpful.

Francisco

Great software with even better customer service

Customer service reviews were important to me when I decided to go with Phorest and they had not let me down. They are always in contact and the response time is really short. We had the first training call yesterday and my receptionist (who is not very computer savvy) was very happy because of the easiness to use and manage appointments. I have gone further exploring other features and everything is basically done with a few clicks. The video tutorials are endless and the manuals and ebooks are easy to read. 100% satisfied so far.

Pros

Easy to use. Very intuitive. Great customer service. Has a report for everything. Full customized services, providers, resources, and inventory. Nice app included with the price (others charge extra). Did I mention the great customer service?

Cons

Wish they had a more configurable patient form and the option to add scanned forms and pictures. High set up fee but they input the information of your inventory, services, and client database for you before going live. Need to have the software "installed" in a pc/mac but the information is safe stored in the cloud. You can access it anytime from the your app but not from any computer.

Ok System with horrible customer service and no follow up

I’ve had a ton of ups and downs from day one. Beware what the sales team promises because it’s not likely true. And good luck if you want to streamline marketing and your online store. The store will not sync with any social media or selling platforms, so it’s essentially useless. Marketing is decades behind anything else out there.

Pros

POS system is good. Easy product setup.

Cons

The worst customer care I have dealt with in a very long time. The online store is very sub-par. Marketing looks horrible. System and app do not work well together. Way to expensive for the service you receive.

Reasons for switching to Phorest

I wanted to streamline my marketing efforts and online store to sync with an inventory. I’ve wasted a year and a ton of money with nothing that was promised even available yet. And customer service that leaves the system down over the weekend with no response for days. Calling in your told, “oh that team is gone for the day. They may have to get back to you Monday.”

Response from Phorest Salon Software

Hi, We at Phorest are extremely sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with us. We strive to help you grow your business and make your life easier and we clearly haven't met those expectations. Since your review, we have made huge changes to our software as a whole and particularly our online store and inventory tracking and integrations. We'd love for you to consider Phorest again and book a demo to see all our new amazing features such as.. - Online Store Overhail - Cardless Checkout - Contactless Check-In - QuickBooks/Xero Integration - Curbside Pick Up ...and so many more.

Replied November 2022

Amy

Time used: Free Trial

July 2015

Easy to use, amazing after sales team

I was recommended by a customer of mine who loved their system. I called the number listed on the website 3 times with no answer and no answer machine facility. I then filled in a contact form and someone (Brian I think!) called me straight away and apologised for the phone technical issues, they explained everything really well to me and I felt that this was the right system for me and loved the philosophy of "Let's Grow." I booked an appointment to meet with a sales rep. When the rep came, I felt a little disappointed, he wasn't really that friendly and I felt like he sped through some of the features. A few of the questions I asked he answered with "the trainer will show you that on the day" which wasn't really what I wanted to hear when I was debating wether or not to spend a lot of money on a system. I asked if I could apply a 25% discount to group of customers that have used me for 10 years and I was told "No, you'll have to do that manually for each one, each visit" (the technician today laughed and told me of course I could :) ) When I saw my customer I told her about my bad experience and she convinced me to try again (so you need to thank her- (Tej & Co)) and said she'd had nothing but good experiences, so I decided to give it another go. The technician Dave who came out to me today was amazing, really friendly and so helpful, answered all my questions and went out of his way to give me contact details and then help me again at 7.30pm to set up my home computer. He is a real credit to your company! Everybody else that I've spoken to either over the phone or via email have been great, responding quickly to everything and again really friendly but professional. I haven't heard from the rep since the day I paid my deposit, and I feel like that says it all. I never write reviews (least of all bad ones!) but I truly believe that without that recommendation or your other staff I wouldn't have come on board with Phorest, and that would have been a massive shame- I've only had it 12 hours and I love it!

Charley

Woukd highly recommend to everyone (and I do!)

Phorest had been absolutely amazing from day one. Unlike other companies that once they have sold you the software, you never hear from anyone again. Phorest really care about their clients. The continued support, blogs and customer service are incomparable. Not forgetting the software itself is fantastic. Everything we asked for and more so much, in fact, I probably don't use ALL the features available due to having to sit down and read through all the manual - Highly recommend this. Today was the first time we had to phone forest 're a support matter in 18months and it was resolved promptly not affecting business because the IPads and Phones were still working. Thanks a million guys

Pros

Online bookings, Reports, photos & marketing

Cons

Unable to upload your own consultation forms from other companies

Matthew

This Software Rocks!

Its been a fantastic transition from MINDBODY software to PHOREST . The Team at Phorest is nothing short of brilliant. I Just want to share Two things. 1 the software 2 The support. 1. I have been using Mindbody for over a year. I have a medium size staff of 6 stylist in total and depend on a full management software to manage my small salon. Honestly you cannot even compare the software, Phorest is way more complete, and is made for the hair industry. It works so well, No bugs. The software never crashes. It works smoothly. Its really simple and easy to navigate, book appointments , run reports. I wish I had found the software ages ago! My old software was crashing and full of bugs, constantly on the phone trying to fix an issue on the site that was the software. They have amazing social media integration. Marketing is all worked into the software, and very easy to use. They have great email campaigns all built in. Well I could write a full page here but will move quickly to point 2. 2 The service and support is amazing, we have had ongoing training for all our staff, If we are stuck on any difficulty amazing support is just a call away. I Am looking forward to making full use of this powerful tool in my Salon, and looking forward to growing my business with Phorest. Thanks to Daniel , Shane, Barbara, Martha Helen And all the guys at Phorest for all the help support and training. Looking forward to growing with Phorest. Matthew Jonathan

Pros

Easy to use. A complete system. Great support

Cons

None

harpreet

Good Software but it can be better

Pros

easy to use , one of the best software in the market , support team is great , cost effective , upgrade with new feature and improvement is always a plus .

Cons

few general things are missing , it is always good to wok on big improvements but its also important to work on few general things too for example Paymentmate software from phorest needs to be released Please bring reprint receipt option on appointment page Please add currency calculater on cash up user voice needs to be redesign

Shirley

Good software

Pros

The support team are brilliant and always happy to support and help where they can. Customer service excellent too. I like that its iCloud based . I like the reports too when they work!!

Cons

We can not book colour online because we can't book across three chairs !! Was promised we would be able to do this in the sales pitch - yet to happen and have resigned myself to accepting that it wont work as I don't think there is a way for it to happen. We are very happy we moved over to Phorest anyway and 4 years on, we like it and have just purchased another license for you new salon ( so it cant be bad!! )

Mary

positive experience

We have full control on how we use the sytem. Customers rarely if at all have any complaints. Any errors are merely human ones

Pros

The system is efficient, reliable and user friendly. Clear instructions on how to use. Allows us to use frequently.

Cons

Confined to 160 characters for single text. Should be able to set up various ways to have replies from customer.

April

Extremely helpful, always great to call back and resolve any problems

Pros

It's very easy use, and love the confirmation text out to clients. I love that it's easy keep track of your accounts.

Cons

Like it all, I just need to use it better. It's hard to find the time for training on all the software has to offer

Emilia

lovely

works great

Pros

love the system, when something is misunderstood or there was a mistake made the customer service is right there so help and they are very patient, explain you everything step by step

Cons

sometime the simple is hard to use. also booking, clients that use online booking, for some reason it is hard for them to use the website

Monique

Sooo very Happy!!!

we left Salon Iris because the software was so redundant and complicated. it has many features but had ugly visual and rude customer service. played with Phorest and we have totally hit the jackpot. I feel like our business is on the right track. Reports are simple and easy to understand this software is social savvy and the clients love it. We could brag all day but you wont understand unless you try it out. We were so nervous to leave but it has been the best decision of 2017. Look forward to our journey and we must compliment the amazing and outstanding customer service. I hang up happy any time i call Phorest especially if i speak with Daniel. We have referred all our friends to Phorest.

Pros

Socially savvy. customer service is A plus and the system is easy to use. Great reports and simple operating functionality.

Cons

no payroll that makes me sad but we will live

Response from Phorest Salon Software

Thanks so much for the lovely message Monique :) Looking forward wo working with you #letsgrow! Connor, Phorest

Replied February 2017