• Pros

• "The pros are the ease of use. The information I can use, and the format it is displayed on. I love that I can email the report to the prospect, I know if they read it, all around a great product."

• "I like the addition of the expanded account repository and the prospecting tool. All efficient and strategic additions are welcome."

• "I like the graph that instantly shows the colors and scoring of each area that is graded with a 0-100 --it's a good snapshot."

• Cons

• "The UI is a bit laggy and sometimes glitchy, but that is understandable considering the amount of processing involved. As long as you have a little patience it is not a dilemma. "

• "There are times when the system glitches. It's not often, but has happened on occasion. Train your sales staff to be patient when this happens and you will be fine."

• "It could use some refining. There seems to be issues sometimes with the data and accuracy. Other than that, its great!"

Browse BuzzBoard Reviews

Sarah from Salem Media Group

How Buzzboard helps me.

I love this product. It gives you a great place to start a conversation and quickly access what a client needs to do as a first step.

Pros

I like that it give you the positives and the negatives to share with a client to get appointments. Being able to cold call a prospect and say hey you are doing xyz fantastic, really helps seal the deal.

Cons

I think my only con is that I am still getting used to how the format has changed. That is on me. I am also not crazy about finding prospects through Buzzboard.

Josef from NJ Advance Media

JOrnegri BB Review

I have been a big fan of Buzzboard since we originally test the product in our market. They have made improvements over the years that have added value and made BB an important tool in my toolbox.

Pros

Buzzboard points out areas in a prospect's marketing that needs improvement. The opportunity to assess potential clients needs not helps to guide an initial discovery meeting but it also points out to the client that I have taken time to "do my homework" about their business. I also like the Buzzboard extension on Google Chrome that allows an instant review of a website.

Cons

Prospecting for new leads takes some hands-on time to maneuver efficiently, but this may be a user issue.

Erica from Round 2 Media Group

The Support

My experience has been great! The customer service team is AMAZING. They have so far as to send me leads during this trying time.

Pros

I love the data in this software! It is detailed and shows pain points where improvement is needed. It helps the client to see where solutions can be used.

Cons

Please bring back the ROI tool, it helped me close so many deals and helps the client to understand that digital advertising is an investment not an expense.

Christine from Compulse

Generally ok

Its very easy to log into. I can navigate easily through the different options that are displayed and its pretty accurate. If its not accurate I am able to update information. I also like how I am able to put in a random potential clients into the system and it generates a new profile that I can sync with another data system we use known as Base. Normally its automatic but if not again I can sync it. Sometimes its a little slow and gets locked up be with contact customer service who attempts to help

Pros

Navigate through system easily. Can see past notes and can edit customer information should it be incorrect

Cons

Freezes. Sometimes for hours. When it comes to making customer service aware there is always no work around which can be frustrating

Jay from Kyber Digital

Awesome for prospecting

Buzzboard has become an essential part of our prospecting. We use it as a one stop shop for auditing that allows us to take a deeper dive into our potential clients and size them up to their competitors. My favorite if not the best feature is the fact that you can see competitor ads right from within the platform. It's a really wonderful tool that is fairly priced for agencies and I recommend it to any growing digital marketing!

Pros

Google and Facebook ads analysis and quick SEO snapshots, competition analytics.

Cons

UI could be a bit cleaner on the user end. White label feature is in a more expensive tier

William from Salem Media Group

Personal Evaluation of Buzzboard

It is helpful, but not as efficient as I would like in turning the time I am required to spend entering new prospects into the system into actual strong qualified potential clients.

Pros

It is a good prospect researching tool that give insight into how active prospect is in general as well as digital advertising.

Cons

It raises some issues in the report that we cannot actively help they correct and in some cases delays the sale of the products we do offer. Too often the prospect's competitors report are not accurate or related to the prospects business forcing more work in re-entering valid competitors.

PALMER from Nexstar Broadcasting

Using Buzzboard as a conversation starter

Using Buzzboard as a conversation starter - online visibility and competitive intelligence - has opened a number of doors that have lead to closed business.

Pros

Buzzboard is a great tool that you can leverage as a conversation starter in your prospecting. Prospects are always interested to learn about their online visibility and how it compares against their market competitors.

Cons

Default competitive filtering can sometimes show out of market competitors. However, this is easily remedied with manual deletion and/or addition of competitors.

Erik from Salem Media

Buzzboard Review

I have been pleased with my experience overall. It is fairly easy to use and navigate. However the data is not always correct, and when presenting to a client , accuracy is key.

Pros

The google Chrome extension and Detailed reports.

Cons

The inadiquicies when pulling the facebook data from clients. Many times it is inaccurate.

Michelle from Salem Media Group

AMAZING SALES, MARKETING AND RESEARCH TOOL!

Pros

I love using BuzzBoard to start a conversation with prospects and clients. It gives me a proactive look into the digital presence of a business and allows me to bring deep knowledge into client reviews and discussions.

Cons

The reporting feature is weak. I would like to be able to report on additional parameters. Also, when using the Chrome Extension, I would like confirmation that a profile has been added.

Phillip from Hearst DMS

needs to be more accurate, alot of info is not up to date

good for new people in the business, to learn and understand what all the marks good or bad as well understand what it is.

Pros

The easy to use, and I like the way it stores all the URL's you enter. I also like how you can search for older domains you have entered month ago...

Cons

The information you get after you enter a URL is not always up to date, and accurate. It will say a company does not have seo or a certain social media and it's not the case.. I understand that if it's not tagged and titled correctly, but for the rookie in the business its not good, setting them up for diaster.

Chase from Ingersoll Rand

A Physical for a Website

This has been a great business tool to communicate with our partners to build better websites and provide a better shopping experience for our homeowners!

Pros

Ease of use when it comes to finding a web page and making a report. Especially the plugin on the browser. Once report is generated, very easy to digest and point out gaps. In the way I use it, i pull thousands of these reports and share with our partners and having an easy, simple, consistent report to walk through makes discussions flow and easier to form a strategy of next steps and how to improve. I approach the discussions saying that this tool is a Physical for your website. It goes through the main aspects and gives scores on how "healthy" it is. You take that information and make your "exercise" routine to target those fatty areas.

Cons

While your able to adjust the scores/wights of the reports, some items effect the overall score even when its not included in the report. And some of those scores are not designed to be used with small websites thus it pulls down an otherwise strong score. Secondly, the online platform search function is finicky and some of the things you'd expect to be able to do/transfer is not possible. Searching by name, adding new prospects and then using those saved searches for your own database of websites to quickly find particular areas to name a few.

Johnny from Nexstar Media Group

Buzzboard is a great tool for an upfront site audit & basic SEM/ display advertising stats.

Pros

The site audit is the most valuable feature. From meta data to social media interaction it is very detailed with what a site is good at and what it lacks. Being able to pull some of the most popular business listings is an easy avenue to conversation with how a business is found. As a tool, this is a very well rounded service. It doesn't delve too deep in any one direction, but new features are being rolled out to allow this, such as SEM keyword performance and site retargeting pixels. The support team is very helpfl with adding or improving features upon request. This is a must use tool for digital marketers.

Ravi from OATI

Positive Energy in team with Information.

The information the product gave us generated many leads and it is helping the organisation to grow. We have a customer friendly interface in the buzzboard. I hope it comes up with new things soon.

Pros

I like the ease of use the best about Buzzboard. It's super user friendly and provides a wealth of information. It's especially helpful in creating a pipeline. I have set up for one of my team to use it and there are positive vibes about the product.

Cons

Not good android experience, It would be nice if there were a little more in depth information on spending levels. I have to make that information for myself using the data.

Brilliant! Perfect for the complete prospecting process.

efficiency and results!

Pros

So much in one login! The development of the software in recent times has been awesome. I love the competitor reports. Thanks

Cons

The Menu still needs some refining as simple things like where you can type in the fields etc. The alignment of the typical phone numbers to the Australian phone number listings would be great. Also the need to be able to add more Australian directories would be great, thanks

BuzzBoard 101

My over all experience has been an A++. We have a variety of options at Hearst Media and I only use buzz board. It is the only tool I find gives me exactly what I am looking for.

Pros

After learning how to use it properly, I fell in love with the capabilities buzz board offers. When searching for advertisers in my area, I can narrow my search down to just about any type of business, size, and budget that I want to prospect. I have used buzz board every time I prospect now. It is definitely worth my time.

Cons

I don't really have a con. I guess the biggest challenge was learning how to properly and efficiently use the tool. That comes with anything new, though. No complaints on my end.

Bruce from Salem Surround DIGITAL

Industry: Broadcast Media

How Did We Sell Before Buzz Board!

My overall experience has been a pleasant one and I am now spoiled. I would not like to have to do this job without it.

Pros

The information it provides for us on prospective clients. before Buzz Board, you have to check several different sources just to get a fraction of the information you get now with BB. Its a time & life saver.

Cons

The speed at which the program runs. The latest update has improved the speed a lot! I also question some of the profile information as it seems to be inaccurate for some of the clients. I.E. Checking on Law office in Central Florida and some of the competitors that come up are Print Shops. Hurry up on the update for iPad and Apple products!

Margee from Salem Media Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

BuzzBoard - an no-brainer must have

BuzzBoard showcases the what the client is doing right and what they are doing wrong, making it easy to offer our services to improve their digital presence.

Pros

Using BuzzBoard to analyze a prospective advertisers is "like shooting fish in a barrel!" When we can show an advertiser how they stack up against their competition in the digital world, it not only gives credibility but proves my value to them as a consultant ---and it makes getting the sale easier.

Cons

It's harder to find you existing prospects

Software is easy to learn, full of data to share with client and where holes may be, icebreaker

prospects lists, verticals to go after, scoring system to help identify the lower hanging fruit

Pros

Gives a good starting piece to make an appointment and share with client some holes they have. If they have these holes what others do you have as well and this is a great opening to do a Q&A and uncover more needs.

Cons

Sometimes the data is not always accurate. Sometimes I have had people say they have mobile and the report says they don't. It shows they don't have PPC/Adwords but they do.

Keith from Salem Surround

BuzzBoard - Great prospecting and site analysis software

As a sales person, I'm always looking for a "hook" to put my foot in the door of a prospect, information about a specific business is extremely valuable. Google is available to everyone, but BuzzBoard makes gathering information about prospects and their competition a breeze.

Pros

Ease of access to a library of information about website performance / Competitive Information is excellent, Category and business location search with filters to find just about any business

Cons

So much information at first, takes a couple of sessions to understand how to filter down to the specific information you want. But, on board training is excellent.

Tim from Fox56

Buzzboard Review

Use it daily and it helps with good lead generation.

Pros

Easy to use and helps generate good leads. Allows you to know what the business is doing, or trying to do before speaking with them. Helps give proper guidance in a challenging sales environment.

Cons

You need to use it and understand some of the built in limitations. It is not 100% accurate, but nothing is.

John from Flypaper

Pros

Cons

Picking competitors seems to be harder than the older system.

Kristina from Salem Surround

So much incredible insight

As stated above, it had armed me with so much value to bring to customers.

Pros

It has added so much value to what I can bring to my customers, prospects and presentations. I can get my foot in the door so mucb easier than before I had Buzzboard. It has also helped prepare strategic and accurate proposals to show my prospects where they truly need assistance. It’s an incredible trust builder.

Cons

It’s very slow. And the newer version makes it harder to find prospect profiles.

Amy from Paxton Media Group

Great New Business Tool

Pros

BuzzBoard is easy to use. Plus, you see instant ROI.

Cons

There isn't anything about this software or the support that doesn't live up to expectation.

Donna from Hearst Media

Overall very good - sometimes the system is slow but I believe that is on our servers' end

Better information on customer's marketing currently and where I need to take the conversation

Pros

I like the listing claiming and the addition of the Ads or Spyfu-like information. They helps me quickly understand if they are paying for other advertising

Cons

Sometimes I find that it runs slowly, although that may be a function of our computers. The customers tend to get a bit impatient when I am running a live demo so that can be a negative at times. Everything else is as expected

Daniel from Sinclair Broadcast Group WKEF ABC 22 / Fox 45

Buzzboard likes and dislikes

Overall, my experience has been very positive. It is a real tool that can be used in front of client and helps support the service that you are trying to sell the client.

Pros

The ease of use and how it shows the client the details of their website grading. And what they can do to improve their overall grad of their website.

Cons

I have found that sometime the data isn't exactly correct. When I take a report to the client they will say that they do have a particular function that the report says they don't have.

Teresa from Hearst, Bay Area

I love the information I get from Buzzboard, and how that show potential clients how we can help.

Increased Sale

Pros

Cons

I'm not sure what to do with the "consumers" portion of the software. It is the first thing that shows up and I'd like a way to take advantage of the information you provide. This is clearly a user error, but I'm left speechless when this portion of the report comes up.

Kimberly from Salem Media

Very informative and easy to use

Really helps hone in on what the customer needs and home to improve their online exposure

Pros

great info to use with current clients and finding new clients with competitors info. Easy to use and the improvements keep coming.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Software makes easy track lot of digital information in one location.

Helps with understanding a particular business and their competition.

Pros

It's quick and easy to use and displayed in a way that's easy for our clients to understand. It reports about a given company that gives one a comprehensive report of their Digital Representation.

Cons

Software is slow. Information is sometimes inaccurate. there are a lot of extra steps while building presentations that make it more difficult than it should be.

Leonard from Sinclair Broadcast Group

One of the easiest tools to use. Every digital appointment I have uses an Buzzboard report.

Pros

Competitive information is very valuable when showing an clients how they rank among there competition.

Great Experience, Valuable Information

Pros

I like that I can pull all the information I need for my customers in a few easy steps. It allow me to have a basis for our strategy meeting.

Cons

The information can some times be skewed so it presents a challenge when the client disagrees with the information

Shawn from Hearst Newspapers

Love Buzzboard. Our organization has been using this tool for several years.

Pros

The flexibility. There is so much information, you have endless options on what to show customers in order to get the conversation started. The team we work with steps up to the plate every time we come up with a new request. Highly recommend this company and software.

Jay from Cox Media Group

You it for work in sales

Pros

Use for strong talking points with clients. Buzzboard allows me to do research in advance of meeting with a client and provides talking points to bring up with them in a manner that shows I did my homework.

Cons

It is not super user friendly or intuitive. The interface could be much better. At times it is very clunky to use and you aren't sure where to click to get where you want.

Barry from Salem Media

Buzzboard review

I have been able to use buzzboard to gather insight into companies that I wouldn't have had without it. I can identify pain points and prospect entire categories based on a specific aspect or product that we offer.

Pros

I like chrome extension and the ability to go to a prospects site and with one click get them added to my buzzboard prospects. Prior to using this it was sometimes cumbersome to get a prospect added. This has streamlined the process.

Cons

Some of the features like "peak sales month for prospecting" produce poor results. I spent a fair amount of time trying to add prospects using this feature and got no results or innacurate results. I like the concept and if it delivered better results I would likely use it more.

Marsha from Sinclair

Generate more digital money with Buzzboard

Has generated directory business, website builds and SEO work for me. However, if you need help or have a question that doesn't pull up correctly you can't reach anyone very quickly.

Pros

Gives you the Google score for the website and shows how they are listed in the top directories.

Cons

SEO portion is not always correct and I don't personally care for the layout of the report to present to clients.

Brittany from Hearst Media / Express News

Great tool!

I'm able to utilize this on sales appointments with potential clients to show them an overview of their digital presence. It helps me have ONE place to diagnose their weak points in their digital strategy, versus flipping through multiple screens/pages during my presentation.

Pros

I like that it evaluates a potential client's entire online presence, including their listings, social media, SEM, SEO, etc...

Cons

I have not yet seen great analysis of a potential client's SEO through the tool. It doens't seem very in-depth, or perhaps I am not using it correctly to evaluate certain keywords?

Kent from The High Road Agency

Great value add as a prospecting tool. Thank Buzzboard!

Tremendous helpful tool for prospecting

Pros

Love the digital audits as it opens many doors into new prospects. Plus, I like the objectivity of the analytics that prove how well or poorly a businesses online health may be.

Cons

It's a bit clunky to find existing profiles if you want to update. I also would like it if the online audits mirrored the detailed summary report.

Lareina from Sinclair Broadcast Group

Buzz Board

helping clients analyze their online strategies to help close business.

Pros

I mostly utilize Buzzboard when researching prospects to see what types of online products they are using. I find the reports to be very helpful in analyzing a clients website, social, SEM, and SEO presence which can result in helping to gain trust of a client to help them realize what features online they may need to enhance.

Cons

have more competitor information directly from the reports and also access to more training

Karen from Sinclair Broadcasting

Everything you need in one place

I have used BuzzBoard for years to assist my clients. I use it as a tool to present to new potential clients to prove a "need" for our services. I also use it with current clients to establish improvement and growth to their online presence.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the information is easy to understand.

Cons

How long it takes sometimes for a report to be pulled.

Maria from Houston Chronicle

Industry: Newspapers

It's the most quick and informational tool to show clients where they can improve online.

Getting clients listening to what your offer is.

Pros

At a glance, it's easy to find out what is missing and where the gap is. Everyone I show their results to are really engaged with the overall details.

Cons

At the beginning, hard to figure out where to start to get what information. (Add Prospect) Also, when you print, it doesn't print all the information you need.

Eric from Sinclair Broadcast Group

I use it for giving my clients and prospects an internet presence score and ID areas to improve.

Pros

I like the ability to prospect and get an inside look at a business' web presence. It helps me to position myself as an expert.

Cons

Many of the listings are old and the businesses closed. There is also a larger deviation than I'd like on what is actually being done on social media or SEM than I would like.

Carol from Salem Media Group

Great prospecting tool

I've had a good experience with BuzzBoard, as I mentioned above, it's a great prospecting tool and I use it literally daily.

Pros

It is a great told for prospecting for new business.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the software, just basically learning to use more and more.

Aimee from Cox Media Group

Valuable insights

Competitor data, finding businesses within a determined radius, pre-qualifying a business based on a set of attributes, such as doing SEM and if so what the top performing ads are.

Pros

Very robust in terms of evaluating a client's online presence/health as well as the overall structure of the website in terms of enough content, properly tagged and findable online. I also love the competitor data and how you can compare multiple businesses to each other and illustrate to the business owner how important their online presence is and who in terms of competition is beating them.

Cons

I find that the SEM data is very inaccurate as well as the mobile or responsive design evaluation.

Liz from Travel Media group

Sometimes has errors on NAP score, or propblems loading after i have built an entire presentation

Pros

easy!! I can pull up and edit prospects pretty quickly. it makes my job easier than having to use a powerpoint.

Cons

errors, or problems loading. At times i have to start all over after i have built an entire presentation because the information is not loading.

Derek from Hearst Media Services

A great tool that impresses clients and prospects. Helps business identify online problems areas.

Pros

Quick and ease of use. Buzzboard takes some of the ease out of doing a needs assessment when you first meet with a client.

Cons

Although this is a very helpful tool sometimes there are errors. For instance the report may say a prospect doesn't have a facebook page when they actually do.

Ash from ReachLocal Aus

The tool is a great idea, particularly to provide an objective review of online position for SMBs

Pros

Good range of features and solid selection of KPIs. Competitor report can be useful for those not tech savvy.

Cons

clunky, awkward to navigate at times. Adding competitors manually is slow, needs multi window functionality to help save time. Not very useful for multi location business. Can review individual locations but would really like to group all into 1. Could benefit from draawing in display advertising, text ads and also GMB images

Meredith from Salem Media Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Good digital prospecting and researching tool

Allows for much more strategic conversations moving forward with clients.

Pros

It provides valuable insight into clients digital health allowing you to go into meetings better prepared. Customer service has been great with our team. The Google extension is one of my favorites!

Cons

The information is not always up to date or there are minor inaccuracies. Adding competitors manually is a pain, but usually necessary as the ones it pulls are often wrong - possibly due to incorrect category listings. The UI and UX have improved, but it still has a way to go. Can be laggy and time consuming.

Sara from Salem Surround

BuzzBoard review

Helps me start a conversation with prospects with specifics. Helps me be a digital adviser.

Pros

Targeted prospecting tool. Helps me weed out companies that aren't paying for advertising.

Cons

Not intuitive, but the trainings help a great deal.

Terra from KDSM

A very valuable and useful tool that I wish we utilized more.

prospecting both on clients that we are currently doing business and clients we should be reaching out.

Pros

The lay out is very easy to read and is extremely interactive. I love the ability to prospect using multiple filters and parameters.

Cons

I wish that the prospecting tools had a function where you would easily print or export contact information. Many times my sales staff want to prospect, but do not have the time to pull the report themselves.

What a great tool!

Pros

Easy to use, informative, easy to understand. Prospecting tool is great! The grading system makes it very easy to show to clients and explain like a "report card"

Cons

On ipad app, several clicks to get to certain screens. Other thing is that sometime not all information can be accurate (for example BB shows no Facebook or YouTube page, but client has one.... same thing happens with mobile optimization from time to time.)

mark from trinity mirror

love the detailed information and background info it gives

Pros

easy to use, detailed, like the fact it shows google adwords and the number of google page listings

Cons

sometimes a bit slow to load, can occasionally give conflicting info, i.e. website responsiveness and mobile compatability