What are EDI HQ users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using EDI HQ software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use is the best thing about it. When I first started using this software, I was brand new to the EDI process."
  • icon"Everything is pretty straightforward and I only had to reach out to 1EDISource for a few things that I couldn't figure out on my own."
  • icon"Ease of use, price and the flexibility it offers with adding new clients to our system. For the price there is not a better option out there that offers as many features."
  • icon"No copy/paste between the 1EDI tools and my desktop. My outlook doesn't work while I have the VPN connection."
  • icon"Not being able to copy data from filters, no option to change background color for different data sources."
  • icon"I don't know how to map something, but not have it sent. Missing visibility of standards."

Browse all EDI HQ Reviews

• Have you used EDI HQ and would like to share your experience with others?

Alix

No better EDI software on the market

25+ years of EDI experience and this is the only product I've ever used and liked. I support other EDI customers using other software and this one is hands down the best of breed.

Pros

The software is very intuitive making it easy to query and find data. The mapping tool is the best I've come across allowing for highly customized mapping. With the scheduler, EDI can be run automated and unattended and will alert you if it needs help.

Cons

There is a reporting tool but you can't really create your own reports without help. Most times I just want to be able to export a line view to excel. That would be a nice value add.

I love the dashboard and the readable format version.

Ease of use, Control, visibility

Pros

~The dashboard is one of the best feature where you can create and arrange what type of view matters to your daily job whether you are: Admin, operator or viewer. ~The Jobs and automation allows you customized alerts and reports delivered right to your inbox. ~Everything is visible and can drill to the detail which allows the Admin and Operators to explain easily to the regular users. ~The client version allows the regular users to do their research on their own saving us time to run reports for them. ~The jobs and automation is one of the cool features. You can see what has run and when is the next run of the job. ~On the jobs and automation, you can set your job into one or all 3 tabs and set the trigger to run the job like a scheduler. ~ The smart filters allows multiple sort selection so you can filter by T-set, TP and even by specific Transkey. ~The multiple tabs from the smart filters allows you to do smart edit and re-submit your transaction without having to go back to your ERP and re-processing it all over again. ~Many other cool features like the TP view where you can see what setup by TP, what T-sets are implemented and so forth. Overall, I think the design, the ease of access and control are pretty good.

Cons

~The adhoc reporting which links to Crystal report are kind of phased out. I hope they can develop this to allow reporting flexibility. The standard reports are the only report you can run against your filters. ~The filters are not exportable or extractable. I hope that they will develop the option to download or extract the filters even just the header to an excel file or csv file. Or at least have the ability to highlight then copy so we can paste on the excel spreadsheet.

Christy

Time used: Free Trial

1EDISource - software is adequate but customer service and technical support needs improvement

The software itself is good, however, we wish the customer service and support were sufficient to better support its customers. Unable to technically support our rapidly growing company and requirements with advanced setup such as clustering, failover. Estimates for consulting work continue to be underestimated, and delivery takes much longer than promised. Turnover in sales and account management continues to make our project difficult.

Response from 1 EDI Source

We are so sorry to hear about your unhappiness with the recent support at 1EDISource. Garden of Life has been a valued customer of 1EDISource, Inc. for many years and we have successfully collaborated on a number of successful projects. While there have been some challenges, the most current initiative remains a high priority and we are dedicated to driving its success. Organizationally we are fully committed to providing an exceptional customer experience and will work tirelessly to ensure your problem is solved.

Replied February 2017

Kevin

Industry: Chemicals

overall excellent!

increased efficiency and functional department ownership of issues that are related to their respective departments.

Pros

ease of use, user friendly - can troubleshoot issues without spending too much time researching root cause. Overall the tool has a short learning curve and several functional departments can use the tool to review potential issues and correct them.

Cons

The tool is a little expensive but overall it provides value that is probably offset by the cost based on the comments i provided in the "PRO" section. We really don't have any "CONS" from the user community that utilize the tool.

Rachel

This is excellent software. Even for a novice, it was easy to learn and works very well.

Pros

Ease of use is the best thing about it. When I first started using this software, I was brand new to the EDI process. I was able to quickly learn how to edit the maps and there are a plethora of tools to use to get it to work the way you need it to. Everything is pretty straightforward and I only had to reach out to 1EDISource for a few things that I couldn't figure out on my own. Overall, I have been very pleased with this software and would absolutely recommend it to others.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't really anything I don't like about this software. I never came across a problem that I couldn't solve.

Milton

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Long time user of product and support

I have worked with EDI/HQ for several years and it keeps getting better. I use it for X12 and EDIFACT and I appreciated that the EDIFACT side was enhanced to make it easier and better to map. Again, reporting and loop data testing while mapping would be a BIG plus.

Pros

Ease of use...functionality. It can handle many different kinds of formats inbound and outbound.

Cons

Reporting can be better...when mapping, if the user can loop thru the data to test the different situations one mapping to using the different operators.

Theodore

Excellent product. I recommend it to everyone who needs an EDI solution

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to navigate. Setting up the product was very intuitive and seamless. Creating maps for each of the partners we had was no issue at all. A few partners had unique requirements and creating those custom maps was very easy.

Cons

Some of the features are buried/hard to find. Once you become familiar with the product, you can work efficiently.

Solid & Dependable. Easily manage multiple partners.

Ability to setup and customize automated EDI processing with multiple partners.

Pros

Flexibility to customize and automate using easy to build processes, jobs, and triggers. Do not need to be programming expert.

Cons

Initial learning curve was steeper than experienced with other EDI applications. Dashboard layout and design can intimidate and confuse new users.

Jim

We brought our EDI processing in house several years ago and EDI/HQ is our solution.

Pros

The ability to have complete control over all aspects of the EDI process. And being able to do our own custom processes with ease, is a huge win.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are a few minor process items that could be a little more intuitive, but they are by no means a deal breaker.

I have worked with EDI/HQ for almost two yeas and I have found everything wonderufl

Ease of use. Interface friendly and can do so much more in which I haven't been exposed to yet.

Pros

The support that I receive is class act! Always available when I need them to aid in a problem solving even on a highly customized ERP solution using customized embedded software into the ERP

Cons

The way that I have to manipulate data from non edi standards to edi standards to move forward. Importing in data and then export. cumbersome but a work around.

Carissa

October 2015

Use of 1EDI in the Healthcare Industry

I use 1EDI (EDI/HQ) on a daily basis in my current role, and have done so for a year now. My background includes over 10 years in the healthcare industry, including the design and implementation of healthcare systems on a large scale. Technical Knowledge: From my experience in dealing with several of the analysts on technical issues the scope of healthcare knowledge is limited. When issues arise, the scope can either be specific to healthcare or general X12/EDI. It can be hit or miss on receiving a correct and accurate answer. In either case, we have been charged when technical support is engaged. Self Service: 1EDI has a wiki available for users to find answers to general questions. Troubleshooting and technical information available is very limited, especially in our area of industry. In order to resolve many issues we have to unnecessarily engage 1EDI. No technical or user manual is available for clients. Cost: We pay an annual license fee and for any technical hours needed for support. No support hours are included in the annual fee. The determination of whether or not some of the technical hours we have been charged is a debatable point, and can be frustrating. Ease of Use: 1EDI is actually fairly easy to use once you understand how it functions and you have the correct people on your internal team setting it up and using it. Creating and editing maps and files is relatively easy. The validation tool could be enhanced. Customer Service: The customer service has ranged from mediocre to stellar. Earlier this year we were assigned a new client manager and he has made all of the difference in the world. Rather than contacting technical support first, I go to my client manager first. He will either put information out on the wiki for me, find the answer for me, or tell me if I truly need to contact technical support. If there is a feature or function we recommend to 1EDI they will evaluate the recommendation and either add it to a development list or let us know that it is not a feature they will be looking at. Overall: The program itself is a decent EDI tool. Updates to the program need to be verified before given to clients to install to ensure there is not an interruption in business because of a new issue being installed with the update. The technical knowledge available to users needs to be improved. With enhancements, 1EDI is on the verge of being an exceptionally robust program in the healthcare industry.

Aaron

October 2015

Westin Foods - EDI feedback - please read

I wanted to cover four areas that I have considered over the years we have been with 1EDI Source and the usage of HQ. These comments also come from a background and usage of two other companies we use for our other divisions. Self-service portal: With our current relationship I have no way of serving myself for simple tasks. Checking an FA or resending an invoice. I'm totally dependent on a phone call or email and consultant of which I will be charged $165 dollars an hour for a low value task. New trading partner/map setup: with other companies they typically have already setup maps and I just convert my output to their specifications. It seems like when I have to setup a new trading partner it is always a custom job that takes more consultant billable hours then needed. Also, other companies change/update the maps per our customer requests and don't charge us for that service. The higher cost to bring a new partner on the system is a barrier and is why I have not brought any new customers on board for over a year. Non-integration: there is no integration or messaging between my ERP system and HQ. We send files over ftp and I really never know if they got to where they need to be. It's like a black hole. We do get a weekly report from you showing what came in but we have to manually check that and there can be hundreds of transactions on it. No guarantee of delivery between our systems. Risk and costs: if there are any problems or changes I have to pay for their updates and resolution. So in our relationship I bear all of the risk and costs. I feel there should be some shared responsibility between 1EDISource and Westin. If your tech makes a mistake or is learning and is not as productive then I have to pay for their inexperience and mistakes. Even though I highlighted four areas of concerns, Westin Foods has been with 1EDI Source for over 10 years because the products and service do deliver value and stability. The dedicated account support technicians have been stellar and always responsive. I also wanted to state I realize we have chosen a lower cost plan that does contribute to my listed concerns which could be rectified with higher costs services. Overall Westin Foods has had a wonderful long term relationship with 1EDI Source and their products.

Brian

User friendly Software that tackles all the customers from simple to very complex

It runs the whole company

Pros

I like the ability to use HQ to solve all of my custom programming needs in one spot rather than using my ERP. HQ automatically sets up T-sets with new customers so most of the set up is done for you. It is very easy to update sender receiver ID's, create carbon copies for the DSV customers that you don't need to flow through your ERP but rather just forward the 850 to the warehouse for pick, pack and shipping. It is also easy to navigate through the system because the language makes sense. I have over 30 customers that all have different needs but so far every need has been met with HQ.

Cons

The only thing that is tuff about the software is figuring out how to use Map Designer but I think with proper trainer it wouldn't be an issue.

Marci

The EDI HQ team has always been positive and very helpful whenever I have needed EDI Support.

Organization all in one easy place to refer to when needed. Trouble-shooting is easy to locate. Very low maintenance required. The most key areas for us are: Quick Problem-solving and Efficiency and the EDI HQ Team are spot-on! Keep up the great work!

Pros

Easy and intuitive, even to the least experienced EDI coordinator. The staff has thorough knowledge of the EDI products and has always provided prompt and efficient responses or made knowledgeable recommendations to solve an issue. The friendly and helpful attitudes are awesome and they make one feel like the most important customer they have worked with all year! EDI HQ software is awesome as is the staff.

Cons

Colors! When the cursor is on a line, the navy blue color overrides the background making it difficult to view the contents.

Lillian

Industry: Oil & Energy

EDI/HQ meets all our requirements. My overall experience has been quite positive. Good Choice.

We've only implemented EDI invoicing at this point. We've been able to eliminate the need for our C-store managers to enter invoices manually, saving them time and trouble, and allowing them to focus on their customers. Item level inventory is also more accurate at the store level. From an IT perspective, issues are easier to research. Also, sending and receiving data is much easier and more reliable.

Pros

We purchased the cloud based version of EDI/HQ, so for me, the biggest advantage is that I don't have to worry about maintenance and upgrades. I can focus on on-boarding our trading partners, which is fairly simple. Support is great. Techs are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

No documentation; reference/user guides. If I can't find what I need on TWiki, I have to call support. Support is quick, but sometimes you just want to find the answer yourself. I'm not a big fan of TWiki. I find it cumbersome to use.

Melissa

This product is better than I expected!

Pros

I love how I can see the original X12 data plus the mapped data after translation. I love that I can QUICKLY see errors or mapping that is failing based upon business rules. I love how I can see the history so easily. This software has made EDI easier. It has an easy to understand user interface.

Cons

My issue has never been with the software. I love the software! I find the SAAS solution to be weak. It really is more of a remote connection with a VPN than a true SAAS. No copy/paste between the 1EDI tools and my desktop. My outlook doesn't work while I have the VPN connection. This truly is the biggest problem 1EDI has.

Jessica

EDI/HQ is a great tool for any type of EDI. Robust and easy to use.

Pros

The automated trading partner and t-set setup functionality saves a lot of manual entry. The mapping tool is very easy to use and provides instant feedback during the creation process. Easy access to alerts and errors. Integrates with other ERP systems nicely via ODBC connections.

Cons

I wish there was reporting capability beyond "EDI Reader". We are integrated with Crystal Reports, but it is a tad clunky and only older versions can be used with EDI/HQ. Would like to see a built in report design and scheduling tool.

Ernesto

1 EDI Source Review

EDI/HQ helped get us up and running fairly quickly and are quick to respond to requests. The support is fairly expensive though.

Pros

Set it and forget it. Once we set up our configuration, we is so automated we rarely have to do anything with it.

Cons

The interface does take some time getting used to. It might just be the complexity of EDI in general, but the software has a big learning curve.

Great Product, easy to setup trading partners, t-sets and jobs for automation.

Pros

Easy to set up a new partners, t-sets, jobs and transaction filters. The flexibility of designing the dashboard so that i provides me with everything i need when i log in. The mapping process is easy to use for basic maps.

Cons

The mapping process can sometimes be somewhat challenging when doing more complex validation/configuring of the output data.

Brandon

Industry: Medical Devices

Outstanding Customer Support - were there every step of they way. From Install to going live

We are able to quickly and efficiently get orders into our ERP system without the need for an additional employee. Processing shipments and sending invoices is a hands-off activity as well.

Pros

The ability to automate the entire EDI process. Reporting is excellent, allows us to see every document (in/out) as well as any errors. The GUI interface is very user-friendly - anything you need/want to see can easily be added to the interface

Cons

I wish it had built in software for creating custom reports - need to have a Crystal Reports license in order to do custom (adhoc) reports. We have a license so it wasn't a problem for us, but could be an added expense for others.

Deborah

I've been using EDI HQ in a SaaS environment since 2012 and I do not have any complaints.

Pros

Flexibility and function. I like how I have the ability to create my own file definitions, processes, triggers and the mapper has a lot of operators to offer.

Cons

Can't map any to any file structure. I have a work around for it, but it would be great to be able to map something like XML directly to X12 data.

Good experience. Been a customer for many years.

Pros

The product is a good value. It's price point allows a small to medium sized business EDI enable their organization without breaking the bank.

Cons

Mapping is a bit challenging at first. Over time, you learn shortcuts and ways to improve on mapping and performance. It's not as intuitive as one would hope.

Sandip

Industry: Food Production

Ease of development, supports all EDI documents with great customer support.

Pros

We have a really old ERP system and we have been able to integrate EDI/HQ with no issues. Reporting dash board customization helps us stay on top of any errors.

Cons

I never liked the way old maps needed to be programmed but in the new version it has been simplified.

Eric

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

We use the product to exchange data not only with our EDI partners, but also for our internal system

Pros

Having used an onsite legacy EDI system for many years, our goal was to upgrade to a modernized SAAS EDI provider, I chose 1EDI Source and have been very happy with performance, support and features of the product.

Cons

Being a SAAS product when network connectivity issues arise the ability to maintain our logistic operations is stained. So we do need to think about an onsite failover on those infrequent occurrences.

Industry: Warehousing

EDI/HQ is a relatively easy and powerful application.

The benefits I get compared to our former software is graphical mapping. The graphical interface for both inbound and outbound mapping is very good, they just need to be more consistent. Applying operators is easy, most of which were not available in our former version and would need to be developed in the WMS.

Pros

Visibility to events is easy to setup, view and filter. The application has a very feature rich set of operators which we are beginning to use with more complexity.

Cons

My only wish was that the mappers were closer in functionality. The inbound and outbound mapping tool obviously came from different origins.

EDI HQ