Geckoboard

Geckoboard Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Thanks to its integration with several APIs, it is an extremely powerful SAAS software that can really help any business gain a deeper understanding of their business in only."
  • icon"Very reasonably priced, great feature set and multiple integrations that make setup very easy. Lots of great styles and graphs to get going with."
  • icon"During that time, if you would like more information, I would be happy to contact you. Thank you for your interest in my order, and the time you gave me."
  • icon"Sometimes there is a bit of a lag between refreshes on the data on the board but I dont think its too sizeable."
  • icon"Also, there is limited scope for scaling numbers etc, which can be frustrating."
  • icon"I dislike nothing so far, will write another review once I utilize this product more in the near future."

Browse all Geckoboard Reviews

• Have you used Geckoboard and would like to share your experience with others?

Esa

Chat-based customer support second to none - friendly and inviting app

Stellar customer support, easy to use user interface, a lot of support for 3rd party analytics apps. App that keeps getting more features - app is alive development-wise and trustworthy.

Pros

I believe the best aspect of the app is the in-browser chat support. I've received so much support and suggestions and advice from them that I've never experienced such prompt and helpful customer support before with any app. I've been asked to check out new features in a demo, too, which was wonderful - after a few months, the features in the demo were added to the app itself. I feel like there is a good reason to reach out to the customer support team and ask for features, as they seem open to them - this is not a company run by shark-like salesmen/saleswomen, but a developer-led company - where things that are difficult to do are eventually made easier to accomplish, and so on. I've received such stellar customer support from people and all others that I'm really quite awed. You're doing very, very well. I know Geckoboard will keep on becoming a better app, little by little, and that is a good feeling to have.

Cons

There are limitations to Geckoboard - I might not always be able to find a solution that suits me the best way - there are always some ways to improve the workflow - but the way the customer support listens to use and implements features or provides help pretty much negates any cons I might have with it. One thing maybe is that I'm not able to "park" a dashboard so that it's settings are kept safe even though I have downgraded from two dashboards to one dashboard. And another is that there is no way to select multiple objects and copy them to another dashboard quickly. But my experience overall has been that if I ask for something, and it's not there, it might get implemented in the future. Another thing is that I was getting errors from MixPanel, but was not able to see what the error was - this is another thing that can be improved from Geckoboard aspect, it's not a con it's just a missing feature that could be implemented in the future.

Dan

Easy and Simple for our SME

Ye always been a solid bit of kit for us. Would recommend to anyone trying to build consitency and project business performance.

Pros

It's really easy for us to project those key metrics that run our business. We are by no means tech guys and it's the spearhead data that helps managers continually improve

Cons

On the roadmap but duplicating dashboards would have been helpful early days. Some of the widget creation is a bit repetitive especially of data moves in an excel spreadsheet. Minor moan! For us as well we could do with a data connection to Zoho.

Response from Geckoboard

Hi Dan, Thanks so much for your review - really appreciated. Absolutely get the need for duplicating dashboards, it's very much on our radar. We've shared your other comments around widget creation from a spreadsheet and the need for Zoho with our product team for consideration. Thanks again :)

Data analysis platform

This is what I was looking for

Pros

Geckoboard is one of the many data analysis platforms that are revolutionizing the way we look at data. Thanks to its interface, its features and its incredible customer support

Cons

just the subscription price which is a bit expensive I think

May 2022

It was good few years ago but now its fading away with higher monthly charges

I used them for few years and it was serving the purpose for me, showing analytics on big screen TV in our ecommerce command center. Out of nowhere, my billing department got an email on May 12th saying , we will change your monthly fee from $59 to minimum of $149 and I was given the option to cancel the subscription completely . I was a legacy customer and I was paying $59 per month for 35 dashboards. now 10 dashboard is going to be $149 and 30+ dashboard will be somewhere between $300 to $500 probably. I am not against price increases and I think healthy businesses should do this overtime to makeup for the inflation and increased cost. But I certainly dont appreciate it when you raise prices suddenly with a short notice, specially for customers who have been on your platform for many years. I signed up back in 2018 when your dashboards only had 2 colors . I feel like I need to get out of this platform now, as I dont think their platform is worth few hundreds a month. I wish they had increased their prices over time so we didnt have to migrate our command center elsewhere within few weeks.

Pros

I can show my operational data to my team members and users in almost real time. It was great to show the unshipped orders, orders with problems and so on. customization was not that hard on basic data reporting.

Cons

Sudden price increases which just happened for us. Data connectors are limited , they add new ones but not useful for us. they got rid of the iphone app too which was a big disappointment. refreshing takes a long time specially if you use salesforce reports/data. Text on tiles is very small, not the best solution if you want to show the numbers on large TVs. You can make the text Bold but that's pretty much it. We used our dashboard TV within 15ft away from our desk, so it was OK when we were sitting right Infront of TVs.

Response from Geckoboard

Hi there, We're sorry to hear your disappointment with the recent price increase. We are always open to discussing your options and reviewing pricing to help meet your needs so please contact our Support team on support@geckoboard.com. As for your other feedback, this has been shared with the Product team for consideration. We're always looking to improve what we do so feedback like this is really valuable. Thanks, The Geckoboard Team

Tobi

August 2022

Culture setting and visual pleasure

Loving the software and it has bolstered company cukturebinbthebsmese that sales are seeing healthy competition. Production team is able to see their utilization and over productivity is on the up because everyone can see what is happening with their KPI live.

Pros

Visual allows the company to see love data and company movements.

Cons

Images are a little complicated to add and needs custom built creatives. Would be amazing if there were pre built templates to connect and simply add a photo etc.

Reasons for choosing Geckoboard

Used in previous agency and felt it is a must have in the new organisation.

Danny

June 2022

Geckoboard is a great product, giving easy access to important metrics within our organisation.

Pros

Geckoboard creates a place that anyone from within our company, can review all our company metrics we regard as important. Making things very transparent for any employee. Deployment and adding components is really easy, integrating with almost all of our tech stack which makes Geckoboard the one place where we get to view metrics, which are usually spread across various platforms.

Cons

I don't have many con's to mention, but if there was one it would be great to be able to change the color of each component.

Response from Geckoboard

Hi Danny, Thanks so much for your review - it's really appreciated. We've shared your comment around the colors with our design team for their consideration. Thanks again!

Matt

Amazing visualization tool for KPIs

I have used Geckoboard for several years now and within different companies. I have always found it incredibly useful and beneficial within each company I have implemented it.

Pros

I love how easy and quick it was to integrate with our existing platforms and CRM The support is second to none. I have always found it pleasent and informative when reaching out to the team.

Cons

I think some additional customization options that allow further digging into specific data but it's not hard to work around it and the dashboards allow plenty of room.

Response from Geckoboard

Thanks for this Matt, really appreciate your review. We've shared your feedback about customization and being able to dig into specific data so it's on our Product team's radar!

Diego

Geckoboard review

Pros

I can show to the people involved how we are and what we need to improve and take decisions

Cons

Limited tools to edit dashboards. Any new feature to add or change needs to be discussed with someone within Geckoboard

Nice

Pros

Easy to use, good customer service and easy to set up.

Cons

Its a bit expensive, some integrations are limited, mainly by API limitation

lisa

October 2022

quick way to build easy to digest nice looking dashboards

Pros

like the UI, ability to integrate w variety of sources. Customer support is awesome - v quick and detailed replies whenever I've had a question Even w cons, way better and quicker than trying to do this all in a spreadsheet or hooking up to a more advanced BI tool more meant for data analysis

Cons

Some integrations a little clunky/inflexible still, lots of clicks required. Wish you could make dashboards a bit bigger (even though like having some limitation)

Alejandro

November 2015

Enabling a data driven culture!

At some point almost 2 years ago we realized that we needed to make the information from our 30+ systems (used on a daily basis by different teams) accessible to everyone. It made no sense asking people to go into individual apps to run reports and/or look at data. After digging around for a while and toying with different solutions we can into Geckoboards which proved to be the best app for this. Why? Well because it solved our problem right then and there and required a minimal time to setup and to connect with our current systems (we have 10 that have direct integration with Geckboards and for the others we use custom widgets). We now have 14 TVs (48") scattered across the office displaying strategical information about our system, customers, performance, etc. Each dashboard is created taking in mind the teams that are around so that we can show the most relevant information. For example around the customer service team we display metrics from ZenDesk (customer service), Salesforce (sales / implementations), Basecamp (current implementations) and New Relic (application health). This has enabled our customer service team to know what's going on at any given point. On top of this Geckoboard has some great case studies (https://www.geckoboard.com/learn/case-studies/#.Vjy3b66rQUE) that you can use to learn more about how other organizations are reaching a higher employee engagement by using dashboards and a data driven culture. From a technical perspective we use Raspberry Pi (the newer ones) to power the dashboards on the TVs. In conclusion this is a great tool that has brought big changes to the company. I would strongly recommend it to anyone that's serious on sharing data with their team. Disclaimer: I have no relationship to Geckoboard other than being a VERY happy customer.

Pros

- Out of the box integration with some of the most popular systems out there (almost 70 as of now). - Ease of use to setup the dashboards. Basically point and click. - Beautiful widgets that make looking at a dashboard enjoyable (if seen some things out there that give you nightmares when you look at them). - Advanced options that allow integrations with your own in house systems via simple JSON pushes or pulls. - Easy to setup rotation between different dashboards (they call them loops). - Excellent customer service.

Cons

- I think that it's gotten a bit pricey (we signed up early on so we have a better price) for newer companies to jump onboard. - The documentation can be improved. Sometimes you add a Widget but you don't really know what parameters are used to pull the data behind the scenes. - Need to have more granular options in times between loops. Currently offer 10s, 20s, 30s, 1 min, 5 min. Should have an option to setup X minutes (or at least every minute for the first 10 minutes).

Albert

The Software for Sharing Live Data with all Employees

The overall experience using this software within our business has been quite a positive experience which resulted in cost savings for our business as well as having employees that feel more included.

Pros

The reason why we decided to implement Geckoboard was due to the difficulties we were facing to share all data with all employees. Geckoboard has helped our business in keeping all employees up to data with all latest data from all employees. The software is very user friendly and one does not need to be very knowledgeable on software operating. Dashboard can be adjusted to your needs which is very effective.

Cons

The only small issues faced were some error pop-ups which we encountered during the first few months of the implementation but it has now been a while since such an error popped up so it might have been resolved.

Reasons for choosing Geckoboard

There was no specific reason why we chose Geckboard but we do not regret taking such a decision.

Nikolay

The fun dashboard!

Very easy to use, you can add information from so many sources, and the support is extremely fast, always kind, and amazing.

Pros

Geckoboard is very easy to use, with an overwhelming number of sources to choose from. We use it daily in our team, not only for work-related purposes but also for fun, sharing pictures and gifs. We have a tradition of "decorating" the dashboard with a tree and lights during Christmas. The majority of our widgets are Zendesk related - from solved tickets per person to a total number of solved tickets, etc. We also manage our holidays, check the latest company Tweets and news.

Cons

To be completely transparent - we're not really into the new, updated design. It's clean and modern but we prefer to stick with the old version for now.

Reasons for switching to Geckoboard

Ducksboard was no more.

Response from Geckoboard

Hi Nikolay, Thanks so much for your review. We LOVE that you decorate your dashboard for the holidays - how fun! We understand that the new layout isn't for everyone. If there's anything we can do to improve it, please let us know: support@geckoboard.com Thanks again :)

Eliel

A cool looking dashboard creator

Mostly good.

Pros

Definitely how the dashboards look. The information can be seen in a compelling way, which is super important considering that sometimes you need to communicate hard to understand KPIs. Dashboards are easy to create and deploy, there are some very pretty prebuilt ones. Another positive thing is how the Geckoboard Team constantly adds new data sources to increase compatibility.

Cons

When I was using it, the integration with Google Analytics was relatively limited, unfortunately, I needed to add a calculated metric on the dashboard and Geckoboard didn't allow me to do it.

Reasons for switching to Geckoboard

DS is fully integrated with GA, I knew that the Geckoboard team was improving its integration but I didn't have time to wait, its a shame.

Agnieszka

July 2022

Ideal for runing a Contact Centre if you use Zendesk

Ideal for the Call Centers if you are familiar with Zendesk.

Pros

The ease of use, quick configuration possible

Cons

Constantly running out of space and keep deleting widgets to gain some space. I don't like that the deleted elements aren't stored anymore. I'd like to come back to widgets I created in the past. We could also do with quicker screen refreshing - a 30-second window in a busy contact centre is way too long. The Dashboard loops are loading way too long so we had to resign from using it. Gecko should invest in its own server space for images, videos, and GIFs updates.

Better price.

Response from Geckoboard

Hi Agnieszka, Thanks so much for your review. There's some really great feedback in here which we've shared with our Product team for their consideration. We've heard similar requests for storing deleted widgets. It's on our radar!

Replied July 2022

Fernanda

June 2022

Peace of mind for Customer Support leads!

Pros

As a Customer Support lead, Geckoboard has helped me keep an eye on our metrics and quickly recognize when things are going well or not great. Their integration with Slack is life-changing! It helps us make sure were are on track with our OKRs. Our Geckoboard dashboards are a huge part of our daily life. I can't recommend it enough!! Also, their support team is STELLAR! ⭐️

Cons

I feel like there are some small quality of live features that are missing, but nothing that's a deal breaker.

Response from Geckoboard

Thanks so much for this review Fernanda. We're so glad you find the Slack integration so helpful, it's been a game changer lots of customers. Feel free to get in touch about the more specific live features you'd like to see and we'd be happy to share these with our Product team for review. Thanks again!

May 2022

A fantastic platform for the creation of dashboards

In addition to keeping tabs on our major objectives, we've also used it to foster some healthy competition among our staff members. The names of employees, along with their current distance from a goal number, are displayed on a massive screen that is occasionally set up in the conference room at our company on occasion. It stirs up just the right amount of competitive camaraderie.

Pros

Even for people who don't like to look at data, the user interface is appealing to the eye. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for a high-level data-sharing platform for small to medium-sized businesses or corporations to meet your needs. The greater the number of miles that separate each team, the better. Smaller organizations, as well as those that don't need to explain complicated data to people who aren't familiar with the data source, would be less suitable candidates for this solution.

Cons

Outside of presenting goals, this tool doesn't have a whole lot of other uses. In addition, there are not a lot of options available to choose from when it comes to the graphics themselves. In addition to the point at which the website initially loads or when you accomplish a particular goal, I'd like for some of them to have an animated component.

Excellent for TV dashboards

Overall if you are looking for a way to get metrics on a TV to drive team performance, this is perfect. If you are looking for a BI tool, look elsewhere.

Pros

Geckoboard is very easy to use and get set up. If you have basic knowledge of data, you will be able to get metrics and dashboards created easily. They also have a wide variety of prebuilt dashboards. The metrics looks great and getting them up on a TV can have a huge impact on team performance.

Cons

There aren't many options for working with your data but that's to be expected here. You really need to have your data in the format you want it displayed before you bring in into Geckoboard.

Barry