Browse ImportOmatic Reviews

Stephanie from Bloomsburg University Foundation

Automatic omatic

Not pushy sales people. Willing to show demos and answer questions. Product set up was quick, perhaps too quick. Would have liked the trainer to follow back up with us after our trainings as once we started using the product, we had questions.

Pros

My organization uses three omatic products. They have continued to show their understanding of our industry and design their products so they are easy to use. The product we have been using the longest is Record Radar. If your fundraisers like to visit geographic areas and want to know who else they can visit, this is the tool you need!

Cons

They are not pushy at all with their products and I wish they would be more! By this, I mean that I wish I would have purchased this sooner as it has made a world of difference with our data processing team. I do think their implementation could have gone a bit different for import-o-matic.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

The alternatives we were using were home grown utilizing the database export and import functions and excel files. By switching to the omatic products, we were able to gain efficiency and effectiveness within our team, realigning their responsibilities with other tasks that would move our organization forward.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Stephanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

MIchelle from Norfolk State University

Importing Made Simple

Overall, my experience with Omatic software has been and continues to be great. The customer service is awesome and prompt. I would recommend this software to others because of the customer service and the ease of use of the software.

Pros

The most impactful feature of Import-omatic is the ability to create templates that I can reuse. This takes the guesswork out of determining if I have all that I need to run an import and saves a tremendous amount of time. The product is very user-friendly and integration with existing business processes was seamless.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of using Import-omatic is the regular expressions area of the dictionary. It’s one of those things that if you don’t use it regularly, you can forget the primary aspects of how to set it up properly.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

We chose Omatic over others because it was the best product for the our needs now and later. It is a product that can grow with our organization and still be beneficial. The seamlessness of integrating the product into our donor database, made it a great choose as well.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Michelle, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Bridget from Spectrum Youth & Family Svcs

Industry: Individual & Family Services

IOM changed my work life

I just love IOM. I am able to get large numbers of gifts into our system quickly during our busiest time of the year. And we update RE with MailChimp campaign activity, subscribers, unsubscribers, and adding new emails into MailChimp. AND Omatic Support is great - timely, responsive, and so friendly!

Pros

The best thing is the auto-matching to existing records, with the ability to set what it matches on and when to ask you about it before importing. Before IOM we used the Net Community part (RELO) and it took FOREVER to one-by-one match records. We have an event that brings in 100s of donations weekly and I could never keep up with processing them. But now with IOM, I am on top of them every single day. And therefore, we are thanking our donors EVERY day! I also LOVE the ability to have things checked on the records depending on how the data comes in, i.e., if a new donor gift with no address, the "has no valid address" box is checked on the record after IOM imports it. So efficient!

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is that when searching duplicates on addresses, it will pull old/inactive addresses in RE as a match. So then I spend the time going into the record to see how they are connected, only to discover that they aren't - it's just an expired address. There's no way to search only on active addresses.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

Great reviews, better system, more functionality.

Reasons for Switching to ImportOmatic

Efficiency.

it has been extremely difficult

Update – we are now paying a HJC (Luminate Consultants) and trying to get Blackbaud Professional services involved to assist with resolving omatic group-sync issues. currently seeking professional services combination of RELO and Omatic, as these issue remain unresolved with support. - Run RELO at the same time as Luminate Connector – as the omatic group sync profile is causing too many problems to list - Can either of these tools bring registrants into the events module, prior to bringing the donations over? - Can either of these tools prevent the runaway duplicate situation in Luminate Online? I suspect once group sync profile is fixed, this will resolve itself - Can either of these tools bring constituents over who have not yet made a donation, rather signed up for a newsletter? The omatic constituent import is not working because group sync has overwritten Country from Canada to Cnd and there are thousands of updates (errors) to click through to find one new genuine newsletter subscriber. - What happens to all the monthly donors that were set up with omatic? a return to RELO would break all those subscribers connections to the original recurring gift. - Creating an email group takes 3 hours for 30000 records, everytime annual giving wants to send an email – Omatic says that the only resolution is getting faster internet (RE is hosted by Concourse and Luminate Online is hosted by Blackbaud), who needs faster internet?

Pros

the promise of ease and time saving sounded great, unfortunately that has not been our experience

Cons

Luminate Connector is NOT a time saving tool, and profiles still not working months after implementation

Response from Omatic Software

Replied February 2019

We are sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Luminate Online connector. The entire Omatic team is committed to working through these problems with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at marcia.hightower@omaticsoftware.com if you would like to discuss your concerns in depth. I'm happy to help! Marcia

Saves so much time!

Positive! Now that I fully understand how to use this product it has saved me a significant amount of time and effort

Pros

This tool, when used correctly, can save you hours upon hours of data entry time. Super helpful and runs really well

Cons

It can be difficult to learn and get the hang of, and there is a lot of coding and programming that goes in to making the software work that can be prohibitive.

Lindsay from Marin Community Clinics

Import Omatic

Pretty good. Help has been quite responsive and I am glad that for the most part they take the reigns.

Pros

Importing and exporting complete data sets - of constituents, gifts, and survey responses - to/from Raisers Edge and Luminate.

Cons

Adding and changing import/export criteria/fields can be cumbersome.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

I was told that Omatic would be more reliable and effective - and have more responsive and hands on customer support.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Lindsay, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Josh from Hillsdale College

ImportOmatic review

We import thousands of gifts and constituents every week with ImportOmatic. We have multiple users importing files from several different sources to add/edit constituents, process gifts, and maintain address data. We also use it for data cleanup - export data from RE, manipulate it in the spreadsheet, and then reimport it to clean up the records.

Pros

We've used ImportOmatic for years to streamline our import processes - rather than having to use several different RE processes, we can use a single file and a single import process to add/update records. The ability to set up import dictionaries and use the API to manipulate the imported data is tremendously useful.

Cons

I don't have much in the way of cons. ImportOmatic does a great job of addressing some core weaknesses of RE. It's allowed us to function with RE without having to maintain our own custom solutions.

Reasons for Switching to ImportOmatic

We didn't have the staff to maintain our own custom solution and ImportOmatic covered all of our needs and then some.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Josh, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Michele from USCGA Alumni Association

Improved Gift Entry

The process working with our rep and getting us up and running was pretty smooth. The training was probably the most frustrating trying to find 3 hour blocks of time to get the training and profiles set up. We are actually scheduled for more profile builds for the events and have purchased ScoreOmatic as well and will be getting that set up after the first of the year.

Pros

This software has made the entering of gifts and constituents much easier and faster. It was a learning curve, more so because our online donation forms are intricate. I have saved valuable time and paper using this software. I wish we had done this sooner.

Cons

I think what I need is there. It is just learning to use them and the profiles effectively. I don't have anything negative to say. I think most of my issues are actually with our forms and trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the profiles correctly.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

Word of mouth from other clients at the BBCON conference and the reps there. I did not look at any other products.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Michele, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Christian from Bideawee, Inc.

Omatic makes things much easier!

My overall experience with Omatic is great. It's a timesaver and a tool that contributes to my efficiency.

Pros

Omatic has helped me import data into our database in the most effective and efficient way. With the setup of their Profiles/Templates for recurring imports, I can't express how much time it has saved me! My productivity has increased substantially with ImportOmatic and I'm able to focus more on fundraising.

Cons

This is a powerful tool and with that comes a lot of options that at times can be overwhelming. Luckily, their support team is great and able to assist in a timely manner.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Christian, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Clint from YMCA of Greater San Antonio

The missing interface that you didn't know how much you needed

A bit of a learning curve, but way easier to learn then trying to do a manual batch import into RE. I honestly believe blackbaud designed certain aspects of their software to be difficult on purpose, so that you'd spend more money on all the add-ons they provide... That's why omatic has a niche, and I think it's an essential add-on for any organization that uses RaisersEdge. The bonus is it's extensibility to serve as the import interface between pretty much anything and RE.

Pros

The matching algorithm - the software allows you to tweak the settings to precisely determine what is a matching record and for possible matches at what score or threshold level to prompt for user interaction to step in and make that determination if it's not so obvious.

Cons

interpreting errors when you generate exception logs- the log captures what looks like java runtime exceptions and most end users are not programmers, so if you can't decipher what the error actually is, you're only option is to search the KB articles or put in a support ticket. I think there needs to be an interpreter software piece that can read in those exception logs and provide something a bit more human readable- I think we spend more time trying to decipher the error logs then actually running the automated process- so is it truly saving the end user time? depends on how many errors there are...

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Clint, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad that you're pleased with your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. If you have further issues, our Customer Success team would be more than happy to help! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Karen from MultiCare Health System

We spend more time with donors and less time with spreadsheets

Reduced hand-data entry. Reduction in errors. Increased flexibility.

Pros

I no longer have to prep my spreadsheets for my regular imports. I occasionally forget how amazing of a statement that is. Virtual data fields and dictionaries can be set up ahead of imports, including the ability to skip records that meet certain criteria. It matches or creates records, addresses can be old or slightly different--I choose when to update or ignore It matches on "close" names, if I want it to. I have fewer multi-pass imports, because so many more things can be done with each pass. But the biggest thing is that we are able, with the same number of staff members, to better customize our donor solicitations because we don't have to spend hours and hours pouring over column over column in thousands of lines of spreadsheets. Omatic lets us customize based on what we already know about our donors, which gives us time to continue learning more about them.

Cons

It's sophisticated and robust. Which means if you're someone who hates instructor-led training and just likes to click around to learn, it will take you ages to learn everything it can do. It's SO incredibly customize-able--it will suggest but not dictate for many fields--that people who want full functionality without a learning curve are going to flat-out miss out on all the things it can do for you. If you are constantly in a work environment where you feel it's easier to do something the slow, hard way than figure out an easier way--if there is never an opportunity to slow down and learn something new--you won't realize its full benefits.

Tim from Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation

A Real Time and Headache Saver

ImportOmatic has enabled me to import lists of constituents, with their address info, multiple phone numbers and email addresses, multiple pieces of education, and multiple constituency codes all in a single import, without ever needing the Import ID. ImportOmatic has saved me all kinds of time and frustration in importing data, doing comparisons, creating queries of external lists. If given the choice between doing a traditional import or using IOM to do my imports, I don’t think I can imagine a scenario where I would choose the traditional import method.

Pros

It gets data of all kinds into Raiser's Edge much easier than with the traditional import process. And it can import a plethora of vastly different types of data in a single import. Not needing an Import ID for every import makes comparing lists of incomplete information received from external sources against my database a much simpler process than the traditional method. From there, I'm given all kinds of control in whether I want to update the information we have on hand, or simply create a query of people off that list (or both). I can either automate individual options (or the whole thing) or go through them one at a time for full control.

Cons

My only small gripe about ImportOmatic is the initial learning curve made figuring out how to use it a bit tricky. When we got IOM some 3 years ago and I was setting up my first few imports... that was a somewhat confusing challenge to navigate all the possible options (even with training). Now that I've been using it for a while, they've improved that process quite a bit and I'm able to get even more types of data in than I initially was. I also have several templates built at this point that allow me to get my complex datasets into Raiser’s Edge with minimal need to build a new import every time.

Jamie from Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

ImportOmatic is vital for Raiser's Edge

The ability to import records into Raiser's Edge more easily and seamlessly than with any other product or Blackbaud feature.

Pros

ImportOmatic is the most flexible and precise importing tool available for Raiser's Edge. It integrates seamlessly and makes possible the importation of both new and established records in Raiser's Edge at the same time. As a Raiser's Edge power user and consultant, my first order of business before beginning any major project in Raiser's Edge is to make sure I have ImportOmatic available. Beyond the base package of ImportOmatic, the ImportOmatic connector for Luminate Online to Raiser's Edge is the best connector available. I prefer to use this connector over the Blackbaud version as it is much more flexible.

Cons

I wish ImportOmatic did a better job of matching phone NUMBERS to established constituents, rather that just phone TYPES. It is my biggest aggravation with this product, and I hope it is resolved soon. I also find the address scoring feature (for matching an incoming address to a constituent's current address) annoying at times because a +4 on a ZIP code will significantly impact the similarity score between addresses, thereby requiring more "touching" of the record than necessary. That said, ImportOmatic is still way better at both of these types of processing that other products.

Crystal from Jewish Family Service of San Diego

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic tool & it makes my job much easier. I can work smarter not harder. The staff are amazing.

ImportOmatic allows me to work smarter not harder. I can import files in minutes and know that the information is coming in just the way I want it and not creating duplicate records. I don't have to spend time cleaning each import file because I created a profile once and know that it will take care of the mess for me.

Pros

Setting up the profiles is fun and the tools (dictionaries, virtual fields, automation) are so helpful. I can add or update constituents within minutes with ImportOmatic instead of spending days doing it manually or worrying about issues with the standard import tool in RE. I can setup and change the matching criteria for profiles depending on my trust issues or trust in the file that I am importing. Being able to assign functions and proper casing within the profile means that I don't have to spend time formatting my spreadsheet every time. The training from the Omatic staff is great. Their training method of showing you how to create a profile, creating one with you, and then a following up call for any questions about additional profiles you created is perfect.

Cons

It is hard to think of cons because just in the past year Omatic has expanded the features that I had complaints about before. I miss being able to process a whole import no matter what the size under the validation mode. It just added another safety net to the process.

Michelle from Norfolk State University

Best Import Product and User Friendly

Overall ImportOmatic is a great product with more pros than cons. When I've spoken with someone from customer service I have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros

I've been using this product to do imports of various types for 4 years now and I wouldn't use anything else. ImportOmatic takes the guesswork out of getting the data in the database in an effective and efficient way. Having the convenience of Profiles/Templates set up for recurring imports saves so much more time than importing with the database's limited resources. Not having to manipulate the data from the source file is a HUGE time saver! Just being able to create a dictionary to correct the potential "garbage" that could go into the system saves time for me as the only person that does this function in my department and minimizes cleaning up the data. My productivity has increased substantially since I have been using this product.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the product is the limitation of validating only 25 records at a time when you are using ImportOmatic in the hosted environment. Outside of the hosted environment there was no limit on the number of records and the ability to import after validating all the records was seamless. It also seems counter intuitive to allow help tickets to be entered online, but the only way to receive an initial response is a return phone call. I think it would be more productive if there was a chat option.

Donna from Special Olympics Virginia

Indispensable Tool

We've been able to achieve our goal of having ALL gift data recorded in Raiser's Edge, not just names and totals. With events of $3 million, it's essential to use this data for more than just the recording of gifts. It's used to import team, participant and area info from Classy which helps us in too many ways to list.

Pros

We like to import ALL data from ACH deposits, from multiple revenue streams. Having IOM allows us to do that after an initial setup and some maintenance. It would be time-prohibitive without the tools.

Cons

I would like to be able to add to the dictionary on-the-fly.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

Omatic was recommended by Blackbaud and other current Omatic users.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Donna, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Iris from UC Riverside

Easy to use for non-technical user

I'm very satisfied with Import Omatic. It works well with RE/NXT. Although there is already a RE Import in the database version, Import Omatic provides a more flexible and easy to use for any non-technical user.

Pros

It is a great a great platform for RE and NXT for data import. Our department relies on Omatic daily. The best part is the customizable set up on different module to check duplicates. Duplicates is always the issue in our database. The data dictionary and static field can be re-used and cut our development time half every time we create a new job.

Cons

Automation in RE desktop version is not available.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied January 2021

Hi Iris, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Judy from The Family Place

Industry: Fund-Raising

ImportOmatic Review

We have an annual fundraising event where we sell cards to individuals where those cards can be used to receive a 20% discount on items purchased at over 750 retailers during a specific 10 day period. The volume of cards sold is huge, and every card sold has the purchaser info contained on the sales form (contact info). The data on each sales form must be entered into Raiser's Edge. Using ImportOmatic to export sales data entry info through our website into a csv file which is then imported using the scheduler tool has been a tremendous time saver and allows the info to flow into Raiser's Edge on a much quicker basis. This gives us access to potential new donors on a much more timely basis for use with our other appeals.

Pros

With the use of the scheduler tool in conjunction with the ImportOmatic software tool, large volumes of data can be imported into Raiser's Edge without the need for touching each record...only those records that don't conform to the screening criteria need human touch. This greatly reduces the amount of time needed for volume imports.

Cons

Sometimes the complexity involved when setting up a good configuration for a template can be a real challenge. It is a delicate balancing act to get a template set up that is tight enough not to reject a high volume of records versus not enough tightness that results in too many records being imported that really did need some human touch.

Julie from Maccabi USA

Data Import

Pros

Once the dictionaries and import files are programmed, the data easily transfers to Raiser's Edge daily. The online programming assistance helps with setting up the forms since we are not programmers.

Cons

Setting up the import forms can take time and every field needs to be mapped correctly. Once the form is set up, then the ease of use is amazing.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

Omatic works well with Raiser's Edge and Luminate and makes our import seamless. Also, we can use it with other software using any data coming from csv or excel files.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Julie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan from SOS International

Great Integration for Classy-Salesforce

I highly recommend this product! Our non-profit has only positive things to say regarding Omatic Cloud Software. Considering that we are to small to have a formal IT department and do not have a Developer on staff- this eases burden, permitting us to focus our efforts on mission. In 2020, that meant feeding over 6.5 million meals to families whose livelihoods were drastically impacted by Covid-19.

Pros

The support team aiding in set-up made the process seamless. This system has not only reduced duplicate data within our CRM by 95%, but has increased confidence amidst our organization’s leadership with CRM reporting.

Cons

I found it somewhat challenging to asses platform error messages. Having an online reference for error messages with troubleshooting measures would be a great resource for consumers. I believe it would not only build confidence through understanding data flow, but also cut back on need of tech support with issues that may be resolved by the user.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied January 2021

Hi Evan, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

George from Biola University

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros

The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons

This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

DeAnn from Denver Post Community Foundation

Makes Data Work Much Easier

It saves a lot of manual data work and I can't imagine any other way to get the job done now.

Pros

This wizard makes life so much easier to import data from the lockbox that processes gifts. I have the template all set up so it's just the touch of a button to get accurate information loaded into Raiser's Edge and then send donor thank yous. This cuts down on duplicate records.

Cons

Setting it up took some work, but now I understand how it works.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

Familiarity with using it at another nonprofit.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi DeAnn, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Susan from Oregon Health and Sciences University Foundation

Allows me to import easier than just thru RE7-also has some drawbacks, updating, exceptions report

Easier Importing!

Pros

I love that I don't have to create ImpID's for every field. I love that it imports so quickly. I love the ease of it.

Cons

Unable to update. Exceptions report has changed since we started using Connector and now I don't receive why something has exception'd out (list the id that it doesn't see, or if it exception'd out because someone has the record open). During a simply import like adding only an appeal code to an existing record it exceptions out and then wants to add as a full constituent.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Susan- Thank you for taking the time to respond! I am sorry you haven't been able to update. I see that you had an open ticket with our Customer Support team regarding this issue but it has been closed. I will have someone else on the team reach out to help resolve this issue. Thanks, Marcia Hightower Customer Success Manager

Carlene from Dexter Southfield School

I want more than a one night stand with IOM. I want a long term relationship.

I've saved time, money, and headaches from this! Using IOM has allowed me to solve problems which were previously unsolvable!

Pros

ImportOmatic is totally dreamy. It has revolutionized my job and allows me to import data in ways that I could not even have imagined in the past. It is incredibly flexible and saves me time, headaches, and money, while increasing data integrity through decreasing human error. I've never wanted to make out with a piece of software until I met ImportOmatic. After the demo and trying it out I realized that I didn't just want a one night stand with IOM - I wanted a long term relationship. And here we are.... more than 7 years as a client and two different institutions. IOM and I are still going strong. I have no plans to end my relationship. :)

Cons

Because the tool is so powerful and flexible there are a LOT of options to set. It is important to go through each of the settings when setting up an initial template to ensure that it is doing everything one wanted from it. But, when it gets tricky, support is there to help as are other users via the forums.

Kelly from Louisville Public Media

Omatic makes Raisers Edge so much more useful

I can't recommend them enough. It adds so much functionality to Raisers Edge. It will let you integrate basically any third party software with Raisers Edge almost seamlessly – from email marketing to volunteer management to online donations.

Pros

There are a few different import tools for Raisers Edge, but ImportOmatic is the best one by leaps and bounds. The standard Raisers Edge imports work for very basic things, like adding actions, but Omatic is a necessity for anything more complicated. You can add or update name/address/email/phone AND add gifts at the same time. It matches constituents automatically (which actually works well). The best part is that gifts go into a batch, which you can review for accuracy before committing.

Cons

The only downside to Omatic is that because it does so many things, it is a little complicated. You need someone on staff who is tech savvy enough to setup the imports and troubleshoot if something changes. If you add new fields to a donate page, you have to update the import profile in Omatic, and that takes attention to detail. Omatic has really good training and help articles though. It's all in plain English and doesn't need any special coding.

Kim from CHEO Foundation

If you have RE - then you NEED to have Omatic

Pros

Importomatic is the single most important third party upgrade to RE. Simple to use - it has saved us thousands of hours in importing and has helped tremendously in keeping our database clean.

Cons

Setting up configuration files can be tricky and you really need to know what each type of import needs in terms of required fields.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied January 2021

Hi Kim, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Simon from St Paul's School

Essential for integrating RENXT to iSAMS

Love utilising it.Often finding it easier to implement something rather than using NXT's Import functionality

Pros

The software give you the control to add and update data pretty much how we want it in RENXT

Cons

Deleting fields can be a pain but we can live with it.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

It was suggested by blackbaud

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Simon, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Glynis from NHMU

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Changers to features reduced useability

We use Omatic to automatically pull queried information from Blackbaud Altru to Luminate Online for scheduled emails.

Pros

Omatic has fantastic customer support, and their representatives have worked hard to make the software work for us.

Cons

There are features that were once available and have been removed as the focus of Omatic has shifted, and the loss of these features have left us with little reason to keep using Omatic.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Glynis, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience, both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, we'll pass your comments along to see if we can continue to provide additional support. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Anne from Austin PBS

Good product

Pleasant

Pros

I like that it really saves me time. I spend less time each day matching records up than I would without omatic.

Cons

I wish that it could match up non-exact addresses, but I know there are limitations with that.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Anne, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Sarah from KLRU-TV, Austin PBS

A great help!

Pros

I love that I can import my daily donations with ease. Saves me a lot of time during the day.

Cons

Sometimes updates will mess up my imports and I have to go through and figure out where the disconnect is happening.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

ImportOmatic Makes Batching Easier

I love it and recommend it. It makes using Raiser's Edge much easier and is a tremendous improvement over Raiser's Edge import.

Pros

I love the review of constituent records vs incoming information and the ability to make very specific changes to records before committing import. It's much easier than reviewing record by record in Raiser's Edge batch and going through at least 2 tabs per record. It also makes it possible to edit a batch in a spreadsheet or other database software vs using Batch.

Cons

Some of the updates caused a loss of attribute information or the need to create more than one profile, but it seems like these unexpected outcomes are corrected in later updates.

Regina from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Foundation, Inc.

Overall, I love the product. We've had our issues in the past on various things, but support helps.

Time saver is the biggest thing. Because it's easier to use than RE Import, it saves time on a lot of various tasks, from the use of virtual fields and dictionaries, to easily reloading errors. It's a great product.

Pros

It's a lot easier to use than RE's import and it's move efficient. I love the use of virtual fields. Dictionaries are so helpful too. I appreciate that I don't have to frequently manipulate spreadsheets. Plus, it loads much faster than the RE import and produces errors and makes it easier to identify and import the errors.

Milly from BC Cancer Foundation

Useful but at times frustrating

Importomatic is definitely a help in getting masses of data into our database. However, it is clunky and limited, without the ability to tailor it to our specific needs.

Pros

It does what we need - enables mass import of large quantities of data

Cons

It's inflexible - we have to do a lot of workarounds to make the data fit Most frustrating - every time Importomatic makes an update, we have to re-map EVERY profile, which is time consuming and frustrating (especially when updates are too frequent) and also means that sometimes things are missed and profiles are not importing everything we thought they were. It needs constant review and work, which again is time consuming and open to errors.

Lizette from H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation

Time and stress saver

ImportOmatic has saved us a lot of time and stress in trying to map fields to Raiser's Edge and completing the imports. It is effective at locating duplicates and it's nice to have the options for creating queries of the records changed.

Pros

ImportOmatic has allowed us to do custom imports into Raiser's Edge with very little time, and sometimes even with little setup of the import profile. We have been able to import data into specific fields that Raiser's Edge's import feature does not allow us to do. And if there are exceptions, the ability to cancel the whole import until you can revise the profile is a lifesaver since it prevents you from making any changes in the database that you would have to undo.

Cons

There are still some fields that are not mapped to import, but I have come across them too infrequently to be able to name them.

Jonathan from Be The Match Foundation

Lifesaver

Pros

My organization imports over 20k records per month, without importomatic duplicates would be a major issue. The ability to match in constituents that are already in the database, select the specific data to correct or modify and edit the import information on the fly, make it an incredible tool.

Cons

Customer support process is the one thing about the product I like the least. Creating a case and waiting for a response is frustrating at times.

Sudha from USQ

Great Software

Great

Pros

Easy to use and is an excellent data migration tool.

Cons

Mapping fields differently labelled to the original record fields.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Sudha, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

ImportOMatic for Raiser's Edge

ImportOMatic and Omatic Softwares are valued software providers that have reduced our processing time. The ease of use has allowed us to widen the scope of data that we include in our Raiser's Edge database.

Pros

Works seemlessly with Raiser's Edge. The duplicate search features and dictionaries drastically reduce the amount of time spent on manipulating data sets that we are importing into our database.

Cons

In interface could be more intuitive to allow for less training of new users.

Breanna from Museum of the American Revolution

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Very Useful Tool

Pros

Omatic accomplishes a critical task -- ensuring our various databases talk to each other -- in a very straightforward way. I'm glad I can rely on Omatic to create these connections across our systems.

Cons

The interface can be confusing or intimidating for new users.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Breanna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Robbin from Intermountain Healthcare

Useful tool for data management

I use Omatic software to help identify possible duplicate records within our database. The thorough analysis makes it manageable to verify the information and thereby merge records for more useful record management.

Pros

I like that I'm able to use Omatic software to help troubleshoot problem areas in our database so that our information is correct and relevant.

Cons

Occasionally the software can contribute to our database running slower, but only during high-traffic periods within our company.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Robbin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Nancy from New Mexico State University

We've used Importomatic for 5 years...configuration was difficulty, but now easy to use

Streamline out daily import/updates

Pros

Reliable, bug-free product. Adding/configuring multiple data points/record types makes this a much better solution than the standard Import function of RE.

Cons

Error messages are non-user-friendly, not easily diagnosed. There is a current bug in 3.5.1.2 that no longer renames the import file after the import is complete. We've had to change our processes until this bug is fixed.

Dawn from Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls

Good tool that we use daily

Overall we have had a very good experience using the import O-Matic products. We also use another product called Mayo automatic and are very happy with that as well.

Pros

Import O-Matic makes importing all kinds of data into the Raiser’s Edge so much easier than the native import functionality.

Cons

I don’t love the user interface. Wish it could be just a little friendlier. Although importing data is a complex and detailed process.

Beth from Emerald Youth Foundation

Cutting out the Middle Man

Everytime I have reached out for help I've been pointed to addtional resources, which is helpful.

Pros

I like that this was already a partner with Raiser's Edge and the designers had a good understanding of data mangement and the Raiser's Edge. With training I've been able to utilize omatic to import info into RE and create new imports.

Cons

There are so many nuances and details. It would be nice to be able set defaults, like anytime a zipcode is imported it is the end result is the same no matter the import.

Reasons for Choosing ImportOmatic

Omatic connected to or was flexible to be the other software we utilize as an organization.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Beth, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Mubo from The Unvieristy of Baltimore

Mubo's Review of ImportOmatic

I use ImportOmatic to import and update records including graduate students' records, Appeals, and Action Reports (Contact Reports).

Pros

I like that it is very fast in uploading records into Raiser's Edge. I also like that it scans records and suggests if records being imported into Raiser's Edge should be matched with a record already in Raiser's Edge or if the incoming record should be added as new records, etc.

Cons

Setting up dictionaries can be a bit challenging.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied February 2021

Hi Mubo, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

John from Barnabas Fund

Excellent tool to import at speed

Partially matching data can be processed at speed with much more acuracy now. So our company is able to create less duplicates going forwards.

Pros

Most like the wide range of fields that can be mapped in virtual fields to get the data to appear with all the trimmings we like in our database. I like the dictionary function that can be based on text or more advance regular expression converting.

Cons

Setting up the import profiles can be a lot of trial and error. If I could improve one thing it would be to test run the profile as you craft the dictionary or expressions. On the address block is used as a % match. Would be nice if the whole address was considered in the matching.

Uttam from The Kids' Cancer Project

OMagic

We are very happy with IOM and have been using for the past five years plus. It makes importing easy for all level RE users.

Pros

Ease of mapping fields and detailed process doc makes importing records easy. The added feature of creating a gift batch or adding records to an existing gift batch is also very handy.

Cons

We do not have any negative experience to share

Krystal from Society for Science & the Public

Wonderful experience using this software.

Pros

The profile creation is pretty much seamless. I prefer using ImportOmatci versus the classic RE import option.

Cons

I wish support had a chat option- creating a ticket is often not the option best suited for my needs at times.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Krystal- Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are thrilled you've had a great experience with ImportOmatic. Our Customer Support team is always interested in making our clients lives easier. They have some great things on the horizon for 2018! Thanks Marcia Hightower Customer Success Manager

Vicki from American Ballet Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros

1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!

Katherine from Children's Cancer Research Fund

We have been using IOM for 6 years now and have loved how easy it makes transferring data by import.

The ease of use, fantastic support, and ability to move data in and out of my database with ease.

Pros

I love that if I can get the data in a .csv, I can get it into my database. The opportunities are endless.

Cons

Sometimes trying to figure out error codes and what they mean can be hard, but support is always there to help.

Melanie from Leadership Resources International

Eases daily work

I have had good customer experience when troubleshooting. They have been quick to address any situation I have had.

Pros

Once set up, it allows for quick imports of regular data. It makes the job go so much faster than manual input.

Cons

It can be complicated to learn and if you don't catch all of the nuances it can import misinformation.

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Melanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Mike from Central Pennsylvania Food Bank

Makes life so much easier

Omatic allows you to do so many things that yes you could do otherwise (for the most part) but it would take a significant amount of time, in other words the time savings have been significant.

Pros

Omatic makes dealing with getting data into Raiser's Edge so much better. The interface is fantastic to use compared to the import tool that comes stock with RE and it is quite intuitive. We recently expanded our services with Omatic to include their Luminate Online connector for RE and we are very excited to begin using it.

Cons

Honestly I have no cons personally. It provides so much for your money that I am more than satisfied with our choice of using Omatic!

Response from Omatic Software

Replied December 2020

Hi Mike, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.