• Pros

• "I loved the fact that this system allowed you to pull extremely detailed reports in a matter of minutes."

• "very easy to use and web based application. In former 5 is much better now. "

• "Easy to use. Intuitive. Meets our reporting needs. Little training required for new users to get started."

• Cons

• "The cons are that the reporting does take a while to load, which can be frustrating. However, it is much better than manual tracking!"

• "There's a learning curve, but the more you get in there and get your hands dirty, the more intuitive it becomes."

• "There are features in Informer 4 that I need (comma-separated filters), so until that exists I have to use both Informer 4 and Informer 5. It would be better to be able to just use 5 for everything."

Browse Informer Reviews

Kevin F. from Universal Color Corp

Industry: Printing

Informer Review

My overall experience with Informer has been great! There are a few tweaks that I feel need to be made and periodic glitching but other than that everything has gone smoothly. When teaching my end users how to navigate and use the product everything is very self explanatory and I hear nothing but amazing comments and compliments about Informer once they get the hang of it. I would highly recommend Informer to other universities and organizations that would benefit from using it.

Pros

-User friendly -Allows data to be easily manipulated to create a report that shows exactly what you are looking for. -The ability to assign Users to Teams and set permissions/access for those users so that they can or can not edit or view other Teams Datasets. -Useful tools and features that allow you to alter the formatting of the data. -Easily being able to create a Job and schedule them to run on specific days and times. -Being able to use Datasources to view the fields within each mapping as well as being able to hide those fields that you do not want end users to use. -Creating custom expressions for those fields that you need within a specific mapping. -Amazing visually and gives you a great end result.

Cons

-Can be glitchy at times (ex: When editing a Dataset and organizing the columns the way you want them it tends to undo the organization when you go back into the Dataset to edit it). -Not being able to share a Dataset with a specific user. -Even as an Admin/Super User I find that I need to change the ownership of a Dataset owned by another user in order to edit the Dataset. Without changing the ownership of the Dataset over to myself I am still able to edit the Dataset but they tend to glitch and will either not show data within the field I am adding for them or the query will fail to run. However, when I change the ownership of the Dataset to myself and make the same changes it works perfectly. -In Datasources it would be nice to have a column within the mappings that shows a description of the fields that end users are choosing so that there is less confusion.

Jesse from Southern Supply Company, Inc

October 2015

Infomer is intuitive to use and easy to install and deploy across multiple databases

I recently selected Entrinsik Informer to fill a need for real time and scheduled reporting in a distribution environment with Infor SX.e (ERP), Infor Storefront (Ecommerce), TWL (Warehouse Logistics) Tour de Force (CRM), and a new Infor Proof of Delivery product. Software installation and connecting to various data sources was very easy and support was very helpful. I was in production with the product literally within days and without a drawn-out, expensive, resource intensive implementation. Their people are absolutely top-notch. Out of the box, the product is pretty much a blank slate. That's was exactly what I was looking for. It is not a prebuild set of management tools/reports/dashboards that are already integrated with my specific ERP. You will want to have some knowledge of your databases if there is not a mapping suite already available. That has not been a problem for the platforms/dbs I've mentioned but it's something to be mindful of. Also it would be helpful to know javascript for certain field calculations - I've never really worked with javascript before and it's something I've picked up while working with the product. Overall, I'm a really big fan of the product. Pretty much right out of the gate, I was building near real time alerts for conditions that required action throughout the day, I was building reports and dashboards for a Proof of Delivery app that is in development and for which those tools just didn't exist yet in the app. I created reporting that helps keep customer data consistent between ERP, CRM and ecommerce systems. I was able to create loss prevention alerts on access to sensitive databases. I've pretty much accomplished in the first few months what I set out to do with the product initially and now, I'm working on finding new ways to use the product. I will say that one specific advantage to the product and one that I can ROI the thing with all by itself is in managing user licenses for other products. I have been able to use the 'Live Excel' capability to give access to real time queries from various dbs without having to pay for/manage additional user licenses for other products. I recommend the product and look forward to collaborating with other users.

Arlo from IT World Canada

Industry: Publishing

Great BI tool at an affordable price

We have had some difficulties setting up Informer 5, but the support has been very good, both knowledgeable and timely.

Pros

I like that it's an affordable tool for a smaller company. It is intuitive to set up reports and dashboards and being able to report across multiple data sources is key.

Cons

Great tool for higher ed

I've been using Informer for at least 8 years in my current research position at an institution of higher education. It has been a fantastic tool that has allowed me to more effectively and efficiently perform the duties of my job.

Pros

I absolutely love Informer. It is incredibly user-friendly and very intuitive. Nearly everything I know about Informer is self-taught. The dashboard feature was a bit more difficult to figure out, but I was still able to do it and it provided a fantastic overview of the data that our higher administration was looking for.

Cons

There is not really anything that I dislike about Informer. The only issues I run across are with regards to locating pieces of data and that is not really an Informer issue.

John from Simmons University

Informer Rules

No longer spending ages writing reports in Visual Studio based on SQL views. Can leverage old views in Informer and connect in directly to database as well. I've only crashed it once running a rogue query, it is very dependable.

Pros

Allows us to plug in several different data sources to quickly build and run user friendly reports. Quick formatting and sort options, easy aggregation, fast loading. Supports lots of formats for data export. A real software Swiss Army knife for reporting.

Cons

The search functionality could be improved a little bit to be more keyword based than literal.

Robin from The Sage Colleges

All system data can be collected and therefore summarized and analyzed with Informer! Fantastic!

Pros

Once a custom report is written, a user can copy and edit the report to suit different needs. You aren't constantly having to start from scratch with building a report. Informer has been a great tool for fundraising for my organization.

Cons

I would like to see the geographics be a little more at a macro level--down to counties and cities.

Michele from The University of Auckland

Best Tool as an Advisor!

Informer provided me with amazing data as an Academic Advisor. It really made my job much more simple.

Iqbal from Adelphi University

Excellent BI tools

we run on enterprise level and helped us very much for our objective - single source of truth for everyone from one source

Pros

very easy to use and web based application. In former 5 is much better now.

Cons

Informer 5 will place in sync with other BI players

Duwane from West Virginia Wesleyan College

We use Informer for all our reporting from our Datatel Database

Peter from Saint Michael's College

A powerful and exceptional reporting tool

It is a high speed, low drag, Teflon coated reporting companion!

Pros

The ability to take multiple datasources and have them all flow into one melting pot report sets it above the rest! That and the bells, whistles and gizmos this tool comes with clearly shows Entrinsik has people on the inside who KNOW what reporting people on the outside are looking for!

Kenneth from Emory & Henry College

Excited for the Version 5 release. Version 4 has been difficult since we migrated to SQL.

The ability to write quick, ad-hoc reports.

Pros

I like being able to use native SQL to write my queries. One of the most promising things, at the moment, is that Version 5 is close to being released. We are part of the ICE Consortium and ICE support is not that well-versed in the use of Informer. Informer is an easy to use GUI environment reporting tool.

Cons

Some of the things I like least about Informer are, since our migration from UniData to SQL, we have issues with record duplicates and auto normalization. It would be nice if there was an editor that assisted with the writing of native SQL code or even java scripting.

Patrick from Atlantic Cape Community College

Really easy to set up and use. I was writing reports in a couple hours.

Pros

It's quick and responsive. It has been used to solve a lot of data mysteries created by our users...

Cons

Nothing really other then trying to use more of the functionality of the product...................

Ted from Texas State Technical College

Very intuitive software.

This software is easy to use and makes report writing fast and fun. I use it on a daily basis, easy to import into Tableau.

Pros

its easy

Cons

logging in

Derek from Doherty Employment Group

October 2015

Easy to use, multi-database reporting has changed our reporting culture

Being able to combine data from both a SQL and Unidata database into a single report and share that information across a secure framework has opened up our users to many new avenues of business analytics. Applicant, Drug and Background, New Hire, Time Clock, Benefits Enrollment etc... are all separate applications and have their own databases, yet we are still able to combine it all into one report. The ease of automation has allowed us to do away with many of the manual reports that were being run on a regular basis. Decision makers get snapshots of real-time data sent to their inboxes where they can use that information to make on-the-fly decisions. Upgrading is a snap and the online documentation and user group can answer most questions. The continued development and improvements in performance show a commitment to the Informer community. We are very happy with our decision to make Informer our ad-hoc reporting solution.

MontE from Central Carolina Community College

October 2015

Informer is an incredible reporting package. I can't imagine being without.

I am generally extremely stingy with my star ratings, so 4's and 5's mean a LOT to me. The company: Everyone that I have worked with, from sales through support has always been prompt, polite, and most important, very helpful. I've never had a problem getting a hold of anyone at Entrinsik, and can generally count on quick resolutions. The product: Informer is easy to use for the non-technical users, yet has flexibility for the more advanced users. We utilize Informer for many different functions around the college. We have about 150 automated reports, some sending emails, some creating saved lists, some saving files to the server to be transferred elsewhere. Many of the schedules have been set up and forgotten. This may sound odd, but it means that we don't have to "baby-sit" the process. It runs without needing assistance, which lets us spend our time elsewhere. In short, we love Informer. :)

Ed from Piedmont College

October 2015

Informer is an outstanding institutional reporting solution.

I find that Informer allows us great flexibility in report writing. Existing SQL queries or those developed using other tools can be copied directly into Informer where they can take advantage of Informer's access control and distribution features, as well as analytics, charting and other features. For less experienced users, complex data relationships can be simplified through data mapping allowing novice users to develop queries and get needed data quickly and easily using Informer's report definition features. Of course this requires an experienced person to set up the data mappings first, but once that is done, inexperienced users will have no difficulty getting the data they need. I also enjoy the ease with which I can combine data from multiple sources into a single report. As a new user, I have found the training resources to be very good and the product easy to learn and use.

Stephina from healthcare

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Business Intelligence

I en-devour it

Pros

Perfect for boardroom training and it has efficiency in making issues more pleasurably for endurance and has meaning in issues rectifications.

Cons

Work on it even more for your to get to the final product. It will then give the best result ever. Do business intelligence matters for provisioning.

April 2016

Mike from NOSM

April 2016

Informer is a great product. It is easy to use, easy to set up, and Entrinisk offers A+ support!

I am completely satisfied with Entrinisk and their product Informer. Pros: - no consultant/vendor support required to have an environment up and running within an hour - never have issues with stability or unexpected downtime - when you have questions, Entrinisk's support is extremely fast at responding, and they typically get it right the first time. - Reasonably priced compared to other reporting solutions - report on many different database types - can combine data from multiple data sources into a single report - can report off of data housed in it's own data(ie # of reports ran, access etc) - import/export capabilities to share reports across organizations - scheduling reports is easy ... I could go on and on... Cons: Honestly I cannot think of any.

Dean from Saint Mary's College

October 2015

Great, Easy to use, easy to upgrade reporting tool

We have been a long time customer of Informer and as the Administrator, I have found Informer's flexibility and central dissemination of reports fantastic. We just purchased Dashboards and are currently rolling it out to our customers so that our executives can have visual reporting at their fingertips. We had an issue with another database and were unable to use the tool it came with. We were told there was no way to integrate it with our Student Information System. No problem. Within ten minutes, I had it hooked up with Informer and now we have weekly uploads emailed directly to a staff member for processing. We have saved two hours a week of work time with a single report that took less than an hour to set up from scratch.

Brian from Vecima Networks Inc.

Interesting alternative to SSRS

It is easier to build pretty reports without installing extra software such as SSRS and licensing is cheaper than SSRS.

Pros

Allows us to design interesting and pretty reports without needing to know a complex SQL query to join the data

Cons

Lack of built-in self reporting tools. Would be handy to be able to report on which dashboards use which reports. We built our own report for doing this. Also, with it being entirely java based on the server side, it can have some problems with garbage collection.

Mike from Northern Ontario School of Medicine

October 2015

Quick and Easy to get going, but many many features allowing quite complex reporting

There are endless possibilities with the feature set it has today. We have owned the product for 5-6 years and the feature set has grown substantially in that time frame. One of the things that has stood out for me is the time it takes to go from ground zero(not even installed) to having significant return on investment(reports being produced) is surprisingly short compared to other reporting tools I've been exposed to. Users seem to pick up how to tweak and run reports within minutes of being exposed to a single report. Well worth the investment.

Deborah from Craven Community College

October 2015

Great Tool for Reporting and More!

We have used Informer for about 8 years. This product is easy to use for novices, but also has many powerful features for more advanced users. One mission-critical use is to populate other systems with the "scheduled report" feature. Data can be exported to other servers at programmed times. For example, we use this to keep our website populated with directory and class schedule information. The customer support is also outstanding. Both complex and simple questions are answered quickly and accurately. I would highly recommend this product!

Trev from Policebank

Informer provides AAA reporting software

Informer has saved me hours/months/years of programming reports from our legacy software and has allowed data to be transferred to dashboards with ease. Being realistic from a Pick system you must setup your dictionaries correctly and make sure you can snap periodic data, but once that's done it's not only easy, but it's fun to use. And the main thing is Entrinsik listen to customers. It may not look like ms powerbi at this stage but it has quality and beats salesforce who don't yet have trend charts. Well developed and qa'd entrinsik!

Duane from Southeast Community College

October 2015

Very easy to write 'quick' reports for users. Flexible with SQL or Informer commands

Native SQL is very easy to use and is generally good for all reports. Some more complex SQL functions may give issues but for the most part queries can be transferred from SQL queries directly to an Informer report. Reports can be created within minutes and unless complicated links are used can be run very quickly. Informer reports have saved our users a lot of time and efforts because of the ease of getting data. Support on issues (customer service) and regular updates to the Informer application is very good and timely.

John from Valparaiso University

October 2015

Can't imagine how we did business before we started using Informer

For 15 years, we used QueryBuilder for our main University reporting tool. Since we purchased Informer in 2011, we have significantly increased our overall productivity. We moved from having 8 report writers to over 100 which decentralizes our reporting needs out to the departments where it belongs. The IT staff is not spending time on mundane, regularly-needed reports. The scheduling, analytics, and ease-of-use in Informer have truly made a difference. The Support Staff at the Informer help desk are prompt and efficient.

David from Southwest Baptist University

October 2015

Best reporting product for the price!

Informer has proven to be a tool we can't do without on our campus. This tool has provided us with the ability to provide ad hoc reporting to any user whose job demands reporting. The ability to schedule reports to be run keeps us up to date on a lot of things we struggled with in the past. Plus, the ability to export reports in various formats has proven to be very helpful. Informers ability to traverse the database is super powerful and a huge time saver.

Tyrel from Aptron Corporation

October 2015

Powerful but easy to use; ties together many data sources

Pros: works with many data sources at once, tying them together; supports many types of databases including multi-value and sql; supports a community of users working at many different levels (from simple drag and drop to command line to scripting); easy mapping; forward and backward linking between tables; robust security; live excel and dashboards for consumers; responsive customer service Cons: I'll let you know if I find any

Gail from James Sprunt Community College

October 2015

Best Reporting Software I have ever used.

Informer is one of those rare pieces of software that combines ease of use with great customer service. Even loading and maintaining this software is simple and straight forward. Each upgrade that Entrinsik sends is helpful and addresses issues that help make the software more useful. Reports are simple and straight forward to build but can be as complicated as you would like them to be. Love using this product.

Linda from College of the Canyons

This makes my job easy!

I have a huge database that I am working with and had to implement a new policy. In order to do that, I had to run a report with certain parameters, extract the data results from the entire database, export it, and then upload it into another system to trip some alert flags.

Pros

I love that I can add a query in Informer to extract out exactly the data I need from tons of records based on the criteria I add.

Cons

There is a learning curve but once you get it down, it's awesome!

John from Culinary Institute of America

October 2015

Overall product very easy to use.

Some features need to be updated.. Dashboard charts all feature not the same for different chart types. Can do certain things with a Pie chart like present the amount on the dashboard without hovering over the slice. Great if you want to print out. But you cannot do this with a bar chart. All charts should work the same. Users would also like option to change colors on the bars.

Doug from Fresno Pacific University

Excellent Reporting Made Easy

Informer is so easy to use and configure. We currently run multiple database types with ease and have the ability to combine data from multiple data sources into a single report. Informer can also schedule reports and deliver them via email or written directly to a file or network location. Informer makes managing thousands of reports simple and intuitive.

Cyrus from Campbell University

Informer

Fairly easy to use but does require an understanding of the data source to pull in the data for reporting purposes. No so much work to get it operational. Could improve (current version 4.5) on connecting or combining multiple data sources for reporting. Offer more options for exports file types.

Michael from Washington & Jefferson College

October 2015

Fantastic product with incredible support

We use this software extensively on campus and our end users really like the ease and convenience of the product. Informer has solved so many of our reporting needs and now with the addition of Dashboards, we are able to deliver meaningful c-level reports to all the appropriate decision makers.

Matt from Atlantic Cape Community College

Informer is easy to use

I use Informer almost daily to extract information. The interface is very straight-forward and easy to use, but can be a little intimidating for new users. IT has set it up for us to hit against production (U2) as well as our new SQL-based BI solution. Really nice.

Mariza from Mastertest

Easy, self-service reporting.

It is really easy to use, with an intuitive interface. Allows you to create ans share reports and dshboards, does analytics and connects to almost all kinds of databases out there.

Jeff from Fresno Pacific University

Amazing tool, fantastic ROI

Informer consistently saves us over 40 hours a week in report generation. We use it to audit, and integrate and report and it provides for our Business Intelligence needs.

Sharon from DeSales University

Use Informer for reporting needs for our Student ERP Colleague

This software is easy to implement and use. End-users are able to use the software without IT support. The software has saved our Institution a lot of work hours.

Ann from Berklee College of Music

October 2015

Infomer is a powerful data manager

There is a learning curve with Infomer, however, once you get a few hurdles done it can be a significant report writer and provide you with different analytics.

Melanie from GTCC

October 2015

Informer is a perfect reporting tool

Informer is a simple, easy to use but very useful and robust reporting tool. We use it for Colleague and depend on it every day to help make our jobs easier!

Michael from California Lutheran University

Informer

Great tool for reporting with multiple data-sources. Easy to use, excellent customer service. World-class staff and administration. Great organization

Deborah from Hardin-Simmons University

We love our Informer!

Pros - Easy to use. Easy to teach. Can attach to and connect with several databases not of the same type - Unidata with SQL. Cons - .

Tara from Holland College

October 2015

I currently request reports from our SIS from the IT department for use or scheduling. Processing the created reports is user-friendly.

William from Western Nebraska Community College

October 2015

very strong report writer for beginners through programmers

excellent report writer that novice users can use yet has the features so that programmers can turn out really sophisticated reports

Christy from Carl Sandburg College

Wonderful Product

This product has been wonderful from day 1 and keeps getting better. My only regret is that we didn't have it sooner!

Jose from San Francisco Art Institute

Flexible, easy to use

Informer has allowed our institution to build queries and reports with a shared understanding among school officers.

thomas from NCCC

5 years

Excellent tool and very versatile.