What are Rippling users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Rippling software through verified user reviews

1,179 Reviews

1,107

• icon"Everything I need to relate payroll, time off, insurance, is in the same application and its ease of use and navigation is outstanding."
  • icon"The ability to send over time off and have it documented. I also love the dashboard, the cleanness, and seeing team member updates is amazing."
  • icon"I love how easily accessible all of my payroll, benefits and apps are. The app is a great feature as well."
  • icon"Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service."
  • icon"Probably more of our problem, but the birthdays are not up to date."
  • icon"The downside is just figuring out which ones to add in."

Browse all Rippling Reviews

• Have you used Rippling and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,179 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,179 reviews

Misty

Rippling is Magical

Maria

Smartest Payroll Manager

Me and my HR colleagues collaboratively use Rippling to instantly deliver payrolls to employees or contractors. We are satisfied with the service so far.

Pros

Via automated service provided by Rippling you could easily manage global payrolls. There's also feature to create custom reports which could be visualized and shared to make better planning.

Cons

Auto taxation templates sometimes may input wrong variables, but that's not serious issue could be modified later.

Christine

Robust and easy to use

Pros

Rippling is very easy to use and has many features that help to get all your administrative work done fast and accurately. I like how managers are also given the capacity to pull their own team reports vs relying on HR to provide them with reporting data.

Cons

Adding new hires into Rippling throughout the year does not automatically add the prorata vacation days into their profile - you need to manually add that data.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Rippling took care of our US payroll (we have US and Canadian employees) and their were plenty of add on features that we could select which Rippling provided.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

We outgrew the simple features on Collage (which I adopted when I joined my current company) and needed something more robust in order to scale. So glad with our choice.

Allison

December 2021

BUYER BEWARE!!!! Improper benefits administration, auto-approves 7 days before paydate

ABSOLUTE WORST PAYROLL PROVIDER I've ever used. Had no idea my state's attorney general has an open investigation.

Pros

The dashboard is user friendly and aesthetically pleasing, but the product itself does not work. Compared to ADP, Paylocity, Quickbooks Payroll, and Paychex... it doesn't offer anything of greater value.

Cons

I would give 0 stars if I could. Improperly managed my organization's benefit deductions. Made false promises and fixed nothing. As a result, stuff under-paid their benefits by thousands of dollars. Worked with "customer support" for 6 months without resolution. There is no live support or tech support. If you can somehow get a live person in a chat, they will just send you "help" articles rather than answering your questions. They also withdraw payroll 7-10 days before scheduled pay date and place the payroll money in their own account to collect interest. If you want to change your payroll 5 days before pay date - forget it - your staff will get paid on the following Monday.

Sue

Industry: Environmental Services

The Little System That Can!

Overall it is a great HCM for the price. It offers features that some more advanced and more expensive tools do not offer. More importantly their support team is top notch and are very responsive. And they are always learning and adding new features and integrations.

Pros

What I like most: ease of use. I came into my new position without any experience with Rippling and I was able to figure out reporting and many of the basic functions very quickly. There are a lot of integrations with other tools to help fill in the gaps of Rippling which is great.

Cons

It's not fully integrated with some of its partners -meaning it is integrated but not everything flows back and forth between the systems. For example, Lever is integrated but not every component of an offer flows from Lever to Ripping making some of it automated and some of it still manual. In addition, not everything is fully ready in Rippling such as their LMS. There is not a content design tool which means you must design training outside of Rippling and upload a SCORN file.

Price.

Scalability.

December 2021

The most effective HR software I have ever utilized!

Pros

We hire hundreds of seasonal employees for short seasonal contracts 5 times/year. Rippling allows me to onboard and offboard employees in around 1 minute (no joke). I have taken a multi-day task and, with Rippling, have reduced it to a couple of hours. The ease, simplicity, and customizable nature of Rippling allow me to take the guess work out of offer letters, NDA's, 8850's, and I9. Rippling works with and connects to ALL of the software that we use for day to day employee managment such as our timecard system, GSuite, ShippingEasy, etc.

Cons

I honestly do not have a single complaint. Rippling is constantly updating and improving.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

The ease, simplicity, the connectivity, and the price.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

We needed a solution that was all-encompassing and allows us to bring all of these different software needs into 1 place.

Brock

Industry: Animation

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Isabel

Industry: Machinery

Rippling gets better

Switched from Paychex, this is very user friendly, all the fields easy to complete/find.

Pros

All in one. HR administration, benefits, payroll.

Cons

Too many reminders of task that are not very important.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Overall easiness of the software, tailored for small businesses. Didn't seem complicated.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Wanted an alternative to have HR embedded.

Finally an easy HR platform!

Overall, no complaints. I came from a company where we used Paylocity and that was a nightmare. Night and day compared to that!

Pros

The thing I like most about Rippling is the ease of use. As a UX designer myself, I really appreciate that with Rippling, it's clear that thought has been put into the user flows and the site's hierarchy.

Cons

Not much comes to mind, honestly. I do wish that on mobile, it would show your working time without any unpaid breaks, the way it does on the web app.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I got a new job and we used a new HR platform.

Jon

Highly recommend Rippling for small non-profit company

The price point for our small non-profit was perfect the use. This also allows low-cost flexibility to manage as we grow.

Pros

The self-serve nature of this project and ease to change/customize was critically helpful. Being able to add and integrate with other HR solutions will be helpful as grow. Establishing state and federal tax needs, along with end of year documentation is incredible. Once initial setup is complete, management is very low maintenance. Very easy to train others on the platform.

Cons

This currently does not integrate with the software service managing 401(k) plans for us.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Price, flexibility, and ease of use of the platform.

Mario A.

Rippling in my day by day

Pros

I like that is easy to interect with all the features I need. looking for someone or updating administrative information could be nonsense sometimes, because you could spend there yuor wholeday and Rippling gives it to you instantly.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot see bank account details where I would like to see them, but I think its better to download a report of that sensitive information. because its safer.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Its better and safer doing by rippling. Also I moved all employees to rippling so now its easy.

Franck

Great IT and HR solution

It's been great to finally work with software that is well designed. We only use Rippling for our IT needs but I wished we could also use the HR/PEO package. Unfortunately the Health care plans did not make sense for us.

Pros

The entire user experience is really well thought out. Things are organized in a way that is simple and makes sense which makes it very easy to use. It is also very customizable and we did not find a single corner case that was difficult to handle.

Cons

There were some minor issues during setup but they were all addressed very quickly so overall I don't have any cons at this point.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

We tried Okta and Duo security but in the end Rippling was a much more comprehensive solution and better adapted to our needs.

Anh

Easy way to organize and understand HR-related shenanigans

Pros

Ease of use: HR-related tasks usually contain a lot of lingos but Rippling helps me break down the tasks effectively

Cons

Nothing from an user point of view (not admin)

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I was not a part of the decision making process so I'm not sure, but it seems to have more features

Tracy

Industry: Wholesale

Love Rippling!

From quote to implementation, Rippling has been smooth and helped me every step of the way.

Pros

The more I use this, the more I like it. Everyday I find at least one thing that has become simpler because of the Rippling app.

Cons

Payroll is a piece of cake!

n/a

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Costs. I was tired of every little invoice from ADP.

Allison

Industry: Research

OOoo Lala

Not having to log into multiple places has been a blessing.

Pros

This app is great for all my payroll and benefits info. Love having it all in one convenient place

Cons

None that I can say. I haven't had any issues.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Our payroll deductions weren't coming through.

Ben

Intuitive, Simple, and Effectively Saves (tons of) Time

Overall, this is the best service I've used for the kinds of things Rippling does -- top notch!

Pros

The dashboard is simple, and individual "apps" within it work easily on my phone or laptop. And it eliminates the need for constantly calling HR for paystubs, insurance plan info, etc. Our HR person probably likes it more than I do, and I like it a lot.

Cons

My least-favorite part of Rippling is the "to do" checklist. The concept is good, but I often have things on that list "to do" that I've already done.

Annie

Easy to navigate & simple benefits software

Easy to use in an all in one platform. I hate using multiple platforms for PTO, paychecks, benefits, year reviews, etc so I enjoy having it all in one in Rippling.

Pros

Simple to use, not over complicated! Everything you need, nothing you dont with a great UX that's easy to navigate.

Cons

Double sign on for security can be confusing at first, but I know it's for safety so it helps me feel secure with my personal information.

Trishala

Very Easy software! detailed and efficient

easy going software

Pros

it is very detailed compared to other payroll software's. i can easily locate my payroll documents using my personal device, i can access work portals and see who my managers are. very convenient

Cons

i believe this software is working great overall

Reasons for switching to Rippling

ADP has always gotten my hours and taxes wrong, my expenses were not always calculated on time.

Subhash

Easy to use. Excellent Customer Support

Easy to setup and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use with guided steps. An extensive set of features. More than what you can ask for. If you get stuck anywhere, the customer support team is very prompt to respond and help you.

Cons

So far my experience has been fairly smooth. May be they can improve the benefits administration guided help.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Rippling has more features than any of its competitors.

Caitlyn

Easy to Use Platform

Pros

Very straight forward and easy to use. Love being able to see all the tasks that I need to complete. Set up has been smooth sailing, and Rippling did most of the heavy lifting for pulling historical data.

Cons

I have not seen any issues yet. We are will in the implementation phase.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

We were outgrowing the Quickbooks capabilities and their customer service was not helpful.

Vianney

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Rippling - GPS review

Very satisfied over all about the software and very cost effective.

Pros

Ease of usage, very self explanatory Reports customizable

Cons

No direct contact if there is an issue or important question in order to get a quick reply

Reasons for switching to Rippling

The cost and difficult access to the info needed.

Industry: Research

December 2021

Nice way to keep everything together

Pros

Before Rippling we had a lot of different HR platforms for each function but Rippling packed it all together in an easy to use interface.

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far with the software.

Tyler

So glad we switched to Rippling

Excellent. Their staff walk you through things to get everything set up.

Pros

The ease of Onboarding and offboarding employees, files and documents all in one place

Cons

The first run of payroll, you have to wire the money to rippling to verify the bank account. Our business checking was not set up to send wire transfers. Just a little hassle.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Due to all of the features that rippling offered.

Joseph

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

From a Users Perspective

Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need. Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope, and it's execution is stellar. Unlike similar platforms I won't name, none of it feels slapped together or like someone didn't want to pay for extra feature X so there's a big gap in the program. I've quite enjoyed it. It has its issues, like it's telemetry and it's reliance on Chrome. however, neither of these are dealbreakers, imo. The telemetry is clearly centered around user interface interaction, which no doubt is how they've made their UI/UX so intuitive. My primary concern as a user of this software is that should a company go all in on rippling, that I'd be tracked by my employer without my consent with that telemetry down the line.

Pros

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX - Informative Context Everywhere -- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options -- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome -- User profiles actually helpful - Orgchart Just Works. - Healthcare management is easy.

Cons

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred browser. - Site bloat. Initial load of their site is takes 4-5 seconds on my gigabit internet, and clicking around the site results in multiple 5-10 second load times. It can feel unbearable waiting for a page that's just text to load. And then if I inspect the page, A single page of text took over 12 megabytes (post compression) to load. - Tracking/Security. Rippling makes a call back home with what appears to be quite detailed telemetry every 3 seconds, sending not just mouse events like clicking, but the specific place on the page you clicked, hovered, or even scrolled to. Not to mention logging everything you type, every field you type it in. And there's no obvious way to disable this. This in of itself is a security problem for me. One solace is that this tracking is well implemented. Secure forms that should not be tracked are not logged over the wire. However, everything else seems to be.

Sherine

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,179 reviews