All Rippling Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Rippling is Magical

Derrick

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Michelle

Industry: Mining & Metals

All-In-One Solution!

Pros

Rippling's software has changed the way I work! The automation and work flows have saved so many hours of time! The impact is small as we are starting up but I know that will grow as our company grows. The peace of mind knowing that we are putting things in place correctly up front is immeasurable. The platform is easy to learn and easy to use. The endless training materials are important. The customer service has been great and the help desk case management is a great feature. I wish I had found Rippling years ago!

Cons

I would like to see Rippling Integrate with Sage Business Accounting. I would like to have a specific customer account representative I can email directly to ask questions as well as the help desk option. But the Chat feature does help.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

We will need the ability to process payroll Globally and the others couldn't offer this feature.

Ted

December 2022

Terrible (non-existent) Unresponsive service (implementation failure + unresponsive tech support)

Terrible - no one calls back except for "[SENSITIVE CONTENT] " who has attempted to remedy the serious short-comings of the implementation manager and non-existent customer support.

Pros

It was supposed to be an integrated offering and cost effective. However, it has turned out to be cost-ineffective.

Cons

Horrible, unresponsive customer service and no technical support - horrible company (except for "[SENSITIVE CONTENT] ").

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Integrated service; cost effective, much better benefit choices

Reasons for switching to Rippling

We were misled into believing that we would receive better service from Rippling than ADP.

Yashovardhan

November 2022

One of the best employee management platform

I have been using Rippling for several months now and overall, I am very pleased with the platform. It has helped me to streamline HR processes and keep employee data organized. The mobile app is also very handy for employees who need to view their HR information while away from the office. Overall, I would highly recommend Rippling to any business that is looking for a comprehensive employee management platform.

Pros

There are many things that I like about Rippling, but the thing that I like the most is that it is a complete employee management platform. It has everything that you need to manage your employees, from hiring to tracking their time off.

Cons

The least liked thing about Rippling was the lack of specific features for tracking employee productivity.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Since Rippling is easy to use and has more features

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Paychex was unable to provide us with a report listing all previous payroll dates and the amounts for each employee. They also would not provide us with an export of our W2 history. Rippling was able to meet both of those needs within 2 business days.

Angel

December 2022

Rippling is the best, bar none.

10/10

Pros

It can do things you didn't even think you wanted it to do. It's just the best.

Cons

I think the UI/UX could be a bit improved.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Rippling had more features and was better overall.

Tifany

Industry: Medical Devices

January 2023

Onboarding with Rippling is so simple!

Engaging user interface and easily navigable. This results in a minimal amount of time spent fumbling around during open enrollment and gathering tax documents. Two thumbs up!!

Pros

I joined my current company during their transition to Rippling so I had to onboard with two different management softwares. Rippling was incredibly user-friendly and straightforward with a user interface that made sense.

Cons

Something that I would find useful is a "pros and cons" list for optional benefits. For example, I have never contributed to an FSA but with my new healthcare coverage it was something I was considering during enrollment. It would have been super helpful to have had easily accessible information on what and FSA is, advantages and disadvantages to enrolling in it and suggestions for different levels of contributions. Instead, I had to perform an internet search to inform my decision. This kind of help would be nice for other elective benefits like optional life insurances, etc.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I changed from a job that used PeopleSoft to a job that was currently using ADP but transitioning to Rippling at the new year.

Stacey

Best Payroll & HRIS I've used

I particular like the ease of use, flexibility, intuitive features, many integrations and automations, as well as outstanding customer service.

Pros

Very easy to use, very intuitive, many integrations, they've covered everything! We have just finished up implementation, and having used 4 of the "usual" HRIS & payroll companies in the last 15 years, I can confidently say this is the best one I've seen.

Cons

I would like to have more integrations and workflow automations built into the pricing.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

We no longer needed a PEO due to growth and internal resources who could handle the PEO services in house, as well as poor service from prior provider. Rippling is the one system we could all agree on!

Simon

January 2023

easy to use with excellent implementation support

We are trying to find one software to cover HR management, payroll, time tracking and expense, we found rippling is the platform fits every need.

Pros

Human Resource including onboarding and payroll are very easy with dedicate implementation manager. client service is great.

Cons

Better to have a call/chat function in rippling app so that one click will know exactly client information without any question on identification of client .

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Rippling provided best implementation service. whenever we have question. we can always get the support and answer.

Lauren

November 2022

Rippling is cool.

Rippling makes it very easy to track time and request PTO. I recently used it for Open Enrollment and the process was painless. Rippling is very easy to use.

Pros

User friendly. Easy to navigate and use. Streamlines tedious tasks.

Cons

No dislikes, I used another platform in the past. I do think Rippling better.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Previous company was acquired, parent company uses Rippling

Carlos

Industry: Capital Markets

amazing program

Pros

A positive aspect is that the management of human resources becomes much easier since the time spent is less and therefore your work becomes more efficient.

Cons

A negative aspect of the application is that it is not very intuitive and you have to spend a lot of time to find what you need.

Brock

Industry: Animation

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Sherine

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Reasons for choosing Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Lindsey

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

February 2022

Streamlines Everything!

Pros

I am a Rippling admin for 3 companies that I work as an independent contractor for. Ripplings ease of use is top tier and it makes HRIS/Payroll/Benefits Management so incredibly easy. I've gone through 2 different implementations and each has gone off with little to no roadblocks.

Cons

I used to dislike a few aspects of the employee profile, but changes have been rolled out and those issues have largely been resolved.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

I was looking to make a switch to a product that had more integrations, reliable / easy to use reporting, and streamlined Onboarding and Benefits Management. I wanted an all-in-one system.

Nicholas

Industry: Translation and Localization

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

The price was the biggest motivator. Rippling was much cheaper than ADP. Now I stay because I enjoy to direct control it gives me over my business. Also it takes the hassle out of calling someone and telling them to do this work for me. It is much quicker and cheaper for me to do it myself.

Amanda