All Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews

Jana

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Incredibly Powerful Cloud-Based Marketing Automation Platform

Using Marketing Cloud, we can simply keep tabs on all of our social media profiles, Facebook updates, and email automation tools. Even if this platform is already a part of our website, it integrates with the services of other companies and applications with relative ease. Despite the fact that Marketing Cloud has an email solution, we continue to rely on Mailchimp to assist with channel management.

PROS

It is an extremely adaptable and comprehensive application that provides everything you need to efficiently manage your connections with customers. I liked that I could find out a lot of stuff, like what they were doing online, about the people I was trying to sell to. It gave me a comprehensive understanding of their habits, tastes, and contacts with my company, allowing me to make smarter choices and give superior service. In conclusion, if you're wanting to simplify your sales and marketing operations in a strong and user-friendly method, this CRM system is what you need.

CONS

It is always frustrating how long it takes for an email activity to load in Journey Builder. Sometimes the platform will indicate that you have been idle even if you have been working on it continuously.

Reasons for switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

We are thrilled with how seamlessly everything works with our existing Salesforce Commerce Cloud website, and we no longer have to manage hundreds of separate connectors to complete the same job. The higher scale of operations at Salesforce means superior customer service, well-informed account managers, and regular product updates.

Manuel

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

For sales and marketing operations, this is a highly valuable tool.

Very powerful MA software with a large variety of features However, to master it, you'll need employees who possess the essential technical skills. As a result of CRM measures, it will be able to target specific consumers, which is impossible with mass advertising. A connection to other databases made it possible to use the data internally. Each customer category's LTV has increased. Additionally, we were able to boost email open rates as a result of this and conduct successful marketing.

PROS

Since it allows you to manage all sales data and customer data, and it is compatible with other collaborative tools, it gets a five for its ease of use. Responsibilities and data in sales and marketing have become easier to handle. In other words, productivity has increased while work procedures have decreased. In the future, I'd like to continue using it. Appropriate for CRM software. Other utilities can be accessed via links. The interface that is easy to utilize. A little forethought will save you from many headaches.

CONS

Needs a good deal of technical expertise. Has a long learning curve Aspects of operation, a little foresight will save you a lot of headaches.

Reason for choosing Salesforce Marketing Cloud

It's a useful tool for dealing with enormous volumes of data. As a result, our firm's client satisfaction and income have increased.

Sandra

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Expensive and cumbersome with little support

Love what the product is capable of doing. But it takes a significant amount of time and money beyond the cost of the product to set it up and maintain it. I am dissatisfied with the representatives of SF who have zero customer service skills and can’t even answer a question when asked. They are rigid and not willing to work with clients to provide solutions. They just want the contract. I will not be renewing with them.

PROS

It’s capabilities once it’s configured which takes a significant amount of time and money by hiring outsourced vendors to help set it up. SF offers little or no support and sends links in response to your questions.

CONS

They sell the product speaking in terms of monthly payments hen switch it to annual payments when you purchase the product. They do what’s in their best interests not the client’s. They sell you products that you don’t need but you won’t figure that out until you learn how to use them and set them up which takes a few months with the help of a consultant that you must pay for separately because it’s nothing included in the price and the products are not intuitive by any means. You will also need at least one employee dedicated to setting it up and maintaining the program. The very consultant that SF recommended that I hire at an extra fee to set up the program told me that I didn’t need six of the accounts that SF insisted I needed. They simply do not care if you ever use the products or are satisfied with the products until it’s time to renew your contracts. There are too many other alternatives from companies that actually care about having a long term relationship who will sell you what you need now and help you build the platform as you grow. SF has no such interest. I will not be renewing with them.

Reason for choosing Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Only because the company that I was working with already used SF for their CRM so I thought that Marketing Cloud would be compatible and it is but there are other programs that are compatible with SF CRM and I am currently researching those. I will be switching to one of these alternatives at the close of my contract.

Renly

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

An Amzing Marketing Analytics Solution

PROS

From lead generation to marketing analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud has it all and is easy to use It is affordable and makes email automation, campaign tracking and reporting easy

CONS

No issues with Salesforce Marketing Cloud as it meets the need

Ali Furkan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Marketers can quickly and easily create campaigns, track performance, and measure

I have been using Salesforce Marketing Cloud for a few months now and overall I am very pleased with the software. I find it easy to use and its suite of features has helped me create more effective campaigns and track performance more accurately. The segmentation and personalization tools have allowed me to deliver a tailored experience to my customers, and the detailed analytics reports have helped me measure the success of my efforts. The only downside for me is the cost, but I feel like it is worth it for the features it provides.

PROS

The best thing about Salesforce Marketing Cloud is its comprehensive suite of tools and its ability to automate customer interactions. The platform integrates a variety of marketing channels, including email, SMS, social media, and web, making it easy to create and track campaigns. Additionally, its segmentation and personalization features help marketers deliver a tailored experience to customers. Finally, the platform provides detailed performance metrics, allowing marketers to measure and optimize their efforts.

CONS

One of the drawbacks of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is its cost; the software can be expensive for small businesses. Additionally, the platform can be difficult to learn and requires a lot of time and effort to master all its features. Finally, some users have reported that the software can be slow and unresponsive at times.

Reason for choosing Salesforce Marketing Cloud

I chose Salesforce Marketing Cloud over the alternative products because it offers a comprehensive suite of tools to help businesses manage their marketing and customer engagement activities. Additionally, the platform is easy to use and offers a variety of features to create, track, and measure campaigns. Finally, Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides an integrated platform for segmentation, personalization, and performance optimization, which makes it the ideal choice for businesses looking to get the most out of their marketing efforts.

Reasons for switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

I made the switch to Salesforce Marketing Cloud because it provides an integrated platform to manage customer relationships, segment audiences, and personalize experiences. Additionally, the platform automates customer interactions, which makes it easier to create and track campaigns. Finally, the platform provides detailed performance metrics, allowing marketers to measure and optimize their efforts.

Reviewed September 2022

Outstanding software in digital marketing

My overall experience on this software is brilliant and i personally refer to my colleague to use it for email marketing.

PROS

It is a brilliant software for email marketing, email automation, social media marketing, leads generation, email management and for effective generation of email.

CONS

I didn't find it any features useless. However, it should be updated with new version.

Reason for choosing Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Because I find some new and interesting features in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.

Reasons for switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Because I'm looking for new software with new and extra ordinary features.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

SFMC is a great tool!

Overall the experience is great. Support is great and quick and it works great for more complex campaigns.

PROS

The best features of SFMC is the integration with SFDC and the flexibility in creating audiences. It allows us to use SQL to build audiences in a very data driven manner vs a drag and drop (which SFMC does have) feature to create lists.

CONS

The speed for SFMC can sometimes be questionable. Some days it moves faster than others. The other feature that tends to be frustrating is the speed or actions when having multiple splits in their journey builder.

Reasons for switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Needed something that was better integrated with SFDC

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2023

This tool helps lead creation and marketing analysis

Marketing, customer service, identifying problems, and finding solutions are all key to improving your company. Successfully launching campaigns and promoting products from this vantage point is a huge boon.

PROS

The first thing you'll notice is how great the UI is. In all honesty, I have never struggled too much with grasping the system or procedure. The availability of customization options is also excellent.

CONS

It's on the pricier end of the scale, and getting the complete team up and running is a significant drain on our resources, but other than that, everything seems OK and is the greatest product around.

Reasons for switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

This is useful for analyzing marketing campaigns and creating new leads. That's a great way to boost revenue for any company. It also has a number of other capabilities that are useful to businesses, such as lead scoring and analysis.

Walter

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

SFMC

This is a very serviceable software and will serve it's purpose. It can do a lot, so depending of the size of your organization it might be too much for the cost.

PROS

In addition to being able to import a distribution list, this product integrated with our CRM (Recruit) so we were able to send to segregated lists and it showed what emails were sent in Recruit. This made it easier for our reps to see when correspondence went out to their pipelines. It is rather simple to create and distribute emails.

CONS

Some of the functionality was a bit wonky, and emails viewed differently between various email clients. Line spacing was the biggest thing that varied quite a bit. Everything would look great in SFMC, but when an email was received in Outlook, Mac Mail, or Gmail, all three would display it just a bit differently. Not sure who's problem this is. It also doesn't embed video either. The workaround is to create a screenshot as a graphic, then add a link to it.

Reasons for switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

We wanted integration with our CRM (Recruit).

Angela

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Sales force has changed everything for the better!

My over experience was way more than I expected! I plan to stay with SalesForce Marketing Cloud for a long time!

PROS

With salesforce I’m able to understand my customers unique needs.

CONS

It was a bit hard to understand it first, but at once I got into it everything just flowed freely. I honestly had no idea how I had a business without it.

Reviewed February 2022

Everything broke all the time and it had a significant negative impact on revenue

Never have I been so frustrated and upset with a platform as I have with SFMC. I run the marketing department for a small e-commerce company and SFMC was the cause of so many headaches. We encountered problem after problem with them (many noted in the "cons" section of this review") and our account manager / customer support was very frequently unable to successfully troubleshoot the issue. My small team had to spend hundreds of hours troubleshooting significant, bottom-line impacting issues caused by the platform with little to no help from Salesforce. At one point, we couldn't send any emails out of the platform for a number of weeks (the platform showed a 0% delivered rate), which, as an e-commerce company, drastically impacted sales and reduced our revenue. We also can't set up basic journeys in the platform, like abandoned carts, browse abandonments, win-back campaigns, post-purchase campaigns, or birthday/anniversary campaigns, meaning our email marketing program relies solely on a stead push of one-off marketing messages. Unless you have a large IT team with plenty of bandwidth to implement Salesforce and continually troubleshoot it, look elsewhere. SFMC is not a fit product to be on the market

PROS

Robust data features, but difficult to deploy without technical resource

CONS

- Transactional emails randomly turned off for months - error on SFMCs part caused high SPAM rating on our account, so very few emails on our list were receiving messages - no conversion tracking - very little integration with company or Google analytics - implementation was a nightmare and was never completed - DMARC/DKIM/SPF never set up - UX/UI difficult to use - support was terrible and couldn't even help us set up an abandoned cart email

Bill

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Marketing Cloud is the optimal integration for our Salesforce-powered website

We love the integration with our current Salesforce Commerce Cloud website and the ability to track everything within and not worry about dozens of different integrations to accomplish the same thing. Because Salesforce is a larger company, you can expect great support, knowledgeable account managers, and constant improvements. As with any platform, there are things we'd like for it to be able to do, I'm confident that in time, many of those things will become available. And anything that doesn't, we'll continue to use 3rd party integrations.

PROS

As with all things SalesForce you can expect nothing but the top level of customer support and options. We currently run a Salesforce website, so the integration is flawless and easy. There's not much additional setup or any big learning curve to start using it. The Marketing Cloud is a great way to easily manage our social media accounts, facebook posting, and email automation solutions. Because this platform is integrated with our website, it's still very easy to have outside vendors and software solutions that integrate with it. An example of that is that we still use Mailchimp to help manage our email channel even though the Marketing Cloud offers an email solution as part of their software.

CONS

The main disadvantages of using this software are pretty much the same disadvantages of any of the Salesforce platforms and/or integrations. For the uninitiated those are: - Some of the most costly software that accomplishes the same tasks as other platforms - Can be a bit complicated to navigate due to the sheer possibilities + abilities you have using the Salesforce platform. If you understand both the expenses associated with using Salesforce and have people who can either learn it, or teach it, then i'd say there's no other real disadvantages to using it!

Elie Francois

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Great platform with personalization

PROS

Salesforce Marketing Cloud integrates seamlessly with Salesforce CRM, providing a comprehensive view of customer interactions across multiple channels and offers advanced segmentation and personalization capabilities, allowing businesses to deliver targeted and relevant content to their customers it also provides a comprehensive platform for multi-channel marketing automation, including email, mobile, social media, and web.

CONS

Can be expensive for small businesses and startups, as it is primarily designed for enterprise-level businesses, it may have limited integrations with other tools.

Kristen

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Incredible tool, make sure you have an infrastructure

An incredible tool when an infrastructure is in place that will allow for collaboration between marketing and sales as well as support in place for the sales team so they don’t get bogged down with the administrative component. If you are a Manager then you will love these reports.

PROS

As a provider of digital marketing automation (email, social, ads) and analytics, is great when it comes to connecting the dots between what you know about customers and what marketing materials you should send to them. The Journey Building feature is incredible for this. This also allows you to set triggers and make intelligent automation decisions.

CONS

Make sure you have an infrastructure in place that will allow for the immense amount of data entry and data maintenance necessary to keep the CRM up-to-date and allow intelligent marketing insights and automation to even be possible. You don’t want to make marketing decisions based on an accurate CRM information.

Chaplin

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Salesforce,

Overall, Salesforce is an EXCELLENT choice for small and medium size organizations. No matter what your company is engaged in, nor the workflow you utilize, this is a CRM that has got you covered! Impetus Global Technology provides our clients with a LARGE assortment of products and services, which has always been a source of problems when searching for line-of-business software stacks. Salesforce is the first application that we have employed as a CRM, which has addressed our need for a very flexible solution, while maintaining the ease of use and affordability of deployment and maintenance.

PROS

The pros that come inherently, with Salesforce, number far in excess of the amount of reading, anyone wants to give some review from the typical CEO. Therefor I will provide a direct, concise, list of the benefits we attained at Impetus Global Technology when we adopted this software. * Effective Cost * Time-Saving Ability * Support * Ease of Use and Training Availability * Extensible by Nature * Incentives to Sales Employees

CONS

Honestly, the task of espousing a list of Cons, towards this business tool has proven quite the challenging endeavor. Not only am I CEO, but also I hold the position of Director of Software Development. Speaking now as a developer, I would encourage introducing more direct compatibility with Visual Studio and/or the JetBrains stack. By the previous statement, I mostly refer to some sort of Extension or Framework that can be utilized through something such as a Xamarin or WPF application to source business data. From the view of an Executive, I cannot honestly provide any criticism that would merit the publishing of a review.

Krishna

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

salesforce marketing cloud features

About Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email from the Salesforce Marketing Cloud gives you drag- and-drop content tools, mobile-optimized templates, and easy email automation capabilities. Improve your customer engagement with built-in deliverability and A/B testing solutions. Salesforce Marketing Cloud offers hundreds of features to help you execute on every possible communication, from basic email marketing to sophisticated Predictive Intelligence decisioning.

PROS

You can send emails, SMSs, Mobile Push notifications as Super messages.... End to End Automation with Automation studio and Journey Builder It's better than using 3 x 5 index cards User friendly and super easy to learn new options/reports.

CONS

Costly Time-intensive Little training unless purchased separately. It can be very overwhelming at first learning Marketing Cloud as a whole. Back-end can be complex; expensive for small scale businesses; can be time-consuming to learn to use

Robert

Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Great for managers to pull reports - HORRIBLE for salespeople who create teh informationi on which those reports depend.

As I said, this produces great reports for managers. And managment is the deparmtnet that ends up making purchases of solutions like this. Without ever consulting the actual in-the-trenches sales team. So they buy it for their needs butn not for the needs of their sales reps. Consequently, the number of meetings increases trying to fiuge re out why sales have dropeed and outbound calls have dropped, etc. And this takes motre time away from active selling. Salesforce creates a downward spirtal in sales.

PROS

It's better than using 3 x 5 index cards

CONS

Too many boxes to be checked on every single contact attempt that is made. Difficult to use. Extremely slow for a sales rep trying to mak any number of calls. I used to use GOLDMINE and made twice the number of calls daily than I could when I had to use SaleForce. These are very true numbers. easily made 70 - 100 calls a day with Goldmaine. Only able to make about 30-35 tops using Sales Force.

1 employee