• Pros

• "I love the user-friendly design and the appearance and ease of use for the end-user. Finding documents is easy; iPad app is great; building meeting books is easy; customer support is very good."

• "Very easy to use, I'm learning alot of new information at this conference."

• "The ease of use and user friendly interface. Also, making board meeting paperless. Now having the ability to take minutes will be a life saver!"

• Cons

• "Like most programs, it just takes time and commitment to learn everything. "

• "Every so often I would love to copy/print text from the screen but it is not always accessible as in the old days. This is probably the price for having a highly secure and intuitive interface. "

• "There is not much that we don't like about BoardEffect. One thing I'd like to have is unlimited groups without having to pay more."

Browse BoardEffect Reviews

Tim from Association of Independent Colleges & Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)

In our third year, with over 30 Member Colleges using the platform and it has been just great.

Secure, online Board management and communication services designed for non-profits to be successful.

Pros

Intuitive interface, very user-friendly, quick uptime for new users, a reasonable expense for a non-profit, ultra-secure data transmission and storage, and great people supporting the entire platform. Our non-profit member organization has endorsed this product (and this company) for over 3 years. We've grown from just 4 member customers of BoardEffect to well over 30 member customers - n just 3 years. I serve as a top-level administrator for a shared platform version pf BoardEffect and I find that this platform is so user-friendly to non-techies.

Cons

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Tim, it's wonderful to hear that BoardEffect has been able to meet your needs! We so appreciate your endorsement, and love that we can provide support to everyone involved in your organization.

Mona from SC Health Company

It's the Perfect Tool for our large, 7-Board Health System

Our individual health system began using BoardEffect in 2012. Then, last year, we became part of a large, 7-board private, non-profit health system. The decision was made to utilize one board portal across the System, which meant 5 boards had to migrate to BoardEffect. The transition has been amazingly smooth. Training of the new workrooms and top level administrators has been excellent; customer service has been very responsive. The new (and existing) users are pleased with the product! The organization of our boards is perfect and we are able to make sure only the "right" board members have access to the "right" board materials. I am not surprised by these results - the BoardEffect staff has been serving us and attentive to our needs for years!

Pros

Cons

There's not a lot of flexibility in what the agenda looks like after being built (but there's not a lot with other board portals, either). I would like to be able to better tailor the appearance of my agenda to my Boards' liking.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your review, Mona! We're so happy to hear BoardEffect has been able to evolve with your organization as your needs have changed.

Mike from Wholesale Auto Supply

Keeping Board Current

Our board of directors are able to see all pertinent documents prior to any meetings . They are easily able to pull up financials, minutes and any correspondence before or after they need it.

Pros

Ease of seeing data. The fact that information both current and archived is available in a user friendly format.

Cons

Nothing. The software makes it possible to due away with all paper documents and have current information at your fingertip.

Pamela from NCSLA

BE Assessment

Pros

Centralization of association documents and meeting materials.

Cons

Lack of flexibility to reformat the meeting agenda in the meeting books.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Pamela, thank you for taking time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you are having a positive experience with BoardEffect. Thank you for your constructive feedback about our agenda capabilities please know that the BoardEffect team is taking agenda formatting into account as we continue to make improvements to our product.

Gwen from Centerstone

Industry: Mental Health Care

Build a tool to make your board member successful

I love BoardEffect. It is the one place we can all trust to have the latest documents and tools to help guide our board governance. It has made our board feel successful individually and successful as a whole.

Pros

This software is our central point for documents for all 9 of our boards. This is easy to use and is very intuitive on where to find documents and items for upcoming board meetings along with surveys, and required annual documents like Conflict of Interest forms. We have a wide age range of board members - from the young to the very old that are not tech savvy, but this seems to be overwhelming a tool that all of them.

Cons

There are always new products/pieces/upgrades coming out. Knowing how to incorporate those takes me a bit of time.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Gwen, it's great to hear that you're enjoying BoardEffect! Thank you for taking time to share your review. Please let our team know if you ever have any questions about new products and features, and be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you can stay informed about upcoming webinars and training sessions.

Susan Fieldhouse from IADR/AADR

Such a great tool

A joy to use...wish I had been able to use this in my last few EA positions. I learned about it when I moved to my current association.

Pros

Supper responsive support team at BoardEffect, fairly intuitive to use, makes the workflow for assembling Board materials so much easier and saves a lot of time. There are a steady stream of webinars to keep users up to date on the platform, and the BoardEffect team is always happy to get suggestions for improvements. For any company concerned with security of its Board materials, this is a must-have product.

Cons

I would like to download the agenda pdf with no formatting, so that I can create an annotated agenda for the chair - have not found a way to do that but I am hoping BE will come up with a solution!

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Susan, it's great to hear that BoardEffect has made workflow easier for you! Thank you for taking time to provide feedback -- please know that we are always looking to make improvements to our platform, and have taken your feedback into account.

Allison from UMass Memorial Health Care

BoardEffect is awesome!

Very positive and all issues are resolved very quickly with a phone call.

Pros

Very easy to use, I'm learning alot of new information at this conference.

Cons

Only issue board members have pains about is the app on an iPad, there is no log out option.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Allison, thank you so much for being a customer and for attending our BE Savvy user conference! It's great to hear that you've had such a positive customer experience! As for the iPad app, we intentionally designed the app without a login/logout option for ease-of-use, and instead ask that users authorize their accounts each time they would like to use the BoardEffect app on a tablet or mobile device. This authorization creates a connection between the app, your device and your account, and helps keep board materials secure. Please note that all users are timed out when they are no longer using the app. Please let our team know if you have any questions. Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Cassandra from National Senior Campuses, Inc.

You need BoardEffect's Platform!

It's a brilliant platform! And the support team is absolutely incredible! I've never experienced such wonderful people, who are patient, informative and friendly.

Pros

It's EXTREMELY user-friendly, offers a VAST number of functionalities, app now mimics browser including offline use. It's customizable depending on the org's needs. It's secure. It flows. The platform is what one makes of it.

Cons

I can't say I dislike anything about this platform. It's designed based on clients' needs. Everything works the way it should and in the 2 years I've used it, I haven't had one bad thing to say.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you for sharing this rave review, Cassandra! We're so happy to hear you've had such a positive experience working with us. It's wonderful to hear that we've created a product that makes your life easier as a board administrator.

Heather from YMCA of Greater Cincinnati

Great for Board Management

We have been using Board Effect since 2015 and managing board materials sn meetings continue to get easier and easier. The one stop shop for all board and committee meeting fmdates and materials has made my life so much easier.

Pros

Very easy for Board Members to use One place for board materials Easy to find historical information

Cons

Administrator permissions- need more levels of permissions

Joy from American Bible Society

Private Non-Profits 1st Year

As a new user Ive had an excellent experience. Tech support is very helpful, and the resources available under the Help tab are very helpful.

Pros

It is easy to navigate the platforms and build materials.

Cons

Some of the functionality can be enhanced to mirror non-board specific resources. However, having everything in one place is very convenient.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Joy -- thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you are finding BoardEffect to be a valuable platform for your non-profit. It's great feedback to hear that you would be interested in tweaking the user experience. If you are open to providing more detailed feedback, please contact our team so we can take your suggestions into account as we continue to develop the platform.

Mark from Jessie Ball duPont Fund

Solid software for boards with room for improvement

Pros

It does what it does very well. It is easy to get board materials loaded, the user experience for trustees is excellent, it is easy to use and the customer support is outstanding. There is every feature you really need to manage a board, but there are improvements that could be made to make it even easier, but it would require partnership with other software companies and a robust API. See below for more.

Cons

The one thing that nags me about this software is entirely not the fault of BoardEffect, but the lack of vision between this software and complimentary software platforms. Take us for example, we are a national private foundation. Our main business software is a grants management platform called Fluxx. All of the proposal for trustee review happen within this portal and it takes a lot of work to get these ,materials exported and prepared for upload into BoardEffect. Having a robust API and partnerships with software companies like Fluxx could allow a seamless flow of information between systems, which would negate the need for wasting time on export and preparation of documentation for BoardEffect.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Mark, thank you for taking time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our product and customer support team. BoardEffect currently supports external integration options with a range of services and technologies, but we are always looking to expand our integration offerings to support our customers. Thank you for telling us about your experience working with Fluxx -- it's invaluable for us to know about the tools and programs that are integral to the success of your organization, as we build out our product roadmap to create the best possible governance tool. If you are able, we invite you to share further feedback so we can better understand your needs.

Jamie from Offshore Technology Conference

I am our organization's site administrator.

Pros

That the site provides one place for staff to post documents and information for our users to access.

Cons

That it takes a lot of clicks to access parts of the website. It would nice if that could be eliminated. Many of our users have a hard time finding things and it is mainly because they have to click quite a few links to find something and they get lost.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Jamie! Thanks for leaving us a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that BoardEffect has been well received at your organization, and we value your constructive feedback about the user experience. Our team is always working to improve the user interface to deliver the best possible experience for board members and board administrators. We will certainly take your feedback into account as we continue to develop our solution to support the work of boards. Feel free to contact our team with further suggestions at any time!

April from Centerstone

Industry: Mental Health Care

BoardEffect is a great board tool!

BoardEffect staff have been wonderful to work with from initial contract, to system set-up and to ongoing support. When I have questions, BoardEffect staff start with a yes in mind.

Pros

BoardEffect does two things very well. First, it is easy for our board members to use and super easy for admins to administer. Second, BoardEffect continues to push the envelope in a great way to move board governance forward.

Cons

I struggle to come up with this, but at the moment it is still difficult for some of my board members to log on, but enhancements are coming this year to allow for touch id log on. Can't wait!

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you, April! It's great to hear that BoardEffect has been easy for your board members to use, and helpful for you as a Board Administrator. Thank you for being a customer!

Scott from California Health Care Foundation

BoardEffect makes you and your team shine!

BoardEffect saves time! I've regained free time (after work hours) during "board prep" times. My organization(s), both The San Francisco Foundation and the California Health Care Foundation save resources, such as copy paper and three-ring binders - now that we've gone paperless.

Pros

ease of use. from day one (back in 2011), "out of the box," I understood BoardEffects features, and after review of BE's knowledge base, I was soon able to train other users - and even train the trainers. the features are evaluated and enhanced regularly, and BE listens to its customer base to make the product even better.

Cons

I have no strong negative impressions to report.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review, Scott! We love to hear that BoardEffect is helping make you and your team shine! And it's wonderful to know that we've helped you save time and paper at both of your organizations.

Rebecca from Grief's Journey

Great Return on Investment

I was reluctant to take the plunge due to cost, but this tool has saved our organization (me, in particular) an enormous amount of time and hassle. I'm grateful we went this direction.

Pros

BoardEffect is a fantastic tool for Board member engagement and an incredible time-saver when it comes to filing and pulling important information -- such as archived meeting minutes, financial reports, and the like.

Cons

Various technology upgrades/updates for all of the platforms being used.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thanks, Rebecca for taking the time to write this review. We're so happy to hear youve found BoardEffect to be of value to you and your organization. In terms of upgrades and updates, we are always working to improve the BoardEffect platform, and try to keep our customers in the loop about any changes that might affect them. Please sign up for our email newsletter to stay in the loop!

Judi from Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union

Robust system with a secure platform that can be accessed through multiple devices.

An easier cleaner way to present Board packages to our Directors.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and Board Effect has many webinars to keep administrators up to date. Updates are made on a regular basis and communicated to the administrators.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Judi, thank you for the 5-star review! We're so glad you've had a positive experience using BoardEffect at your organization, and that you've been able to attend some of our webinars.

Amy from Kansas Hospital Association

Overall, it has been a good experience.

Pros

BoardEffect has greatly decreased the amount of time needed to put together materials for a board meeting.

Cons

It's difficult to get all of our Board on the same version. Not everyone updates as the versions come out and things move just enough that it's always a little bit of a struggle to help them. Since they want help right before the meeting starts, doing the updates at that time isn't really an option.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thanks for taking time to review us, Amy! It's great to hear that BoardEffect has overall been positively received across your organization. We're sorry to hear that board members aren't always updating the app before board meetings, and understand your frustration. Thanks for sharing this valuable feedback, we will certainly take it into account as we continue to make improvements to our customer experience.

Patti from St. Tammany Parish Hospital

We have used BoardEffect since 2011 and are glad we chose them after looking at other options.

Ease of Board Book preparation; especially those last minute changes.

Pros

When we do have a problem or a question, the customer support is very quick and always helpful. I have attended a few of the annual conferences and they are awesome. It is a great experience to network with other users of the platform. I highly recommend attendance if possible.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like. When users have suggestions to make it better, the team always works hard to make it happen.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Patti -- thank you for the rave review! We love supporting our customers, so that you can continue to govern effectively and help those affected by your organization. Glad to hear you've enjoyed attending some of our user conferences, we hope to see you again next year!

Peggy from Wisconsin Reinsurance Corporation

BoardEffect is very easy to administer and is easy for our board to use.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use both from an administrator standpoint and from the board members' use.

Cons

The hardest thing to determine is the portal setup (folders in library, meeting rooms, etc.). This is not really a software issue. It just takes time to use the product to determine how your board members will best find and utilize the information in it.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Peggy -- we're thrilled to hear that BoardEffect has been effective for both administrators and board members at your organization. As an administrator, we value your opinion about board member adoption -- please know that our customer success team is always available if you ever have any questions about how best to structure the platform for board member ease of use.

Stephanie from Michigan Health & Hospital Association

Your Board needs BoardEffect

My overall experience has been great. I always get fantastic customer service when i call the help desk.

Pros

BE is very user -friendly and secure, which was a top priority for our organization since it was mandatory to find a board portal that is HIPAA compliant.

Cons

Would like more control over formatting of agenda and page numbering.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review, Stephanie! It's wonderful to hear that BoardEffect has been effective for your healthcare organization, and that you've received guidance from our customer support team. Thank you for your note about agenda formatting and pagination -- it's something our product team is taking into account as they continue to develop the platform.

Joyce from Fulfill (formerly The FoodBank of Monmouth & Ocean Counties)

Secret Weapon!

I have used the support systems a lot and am extremely impressed with the level of support, the timeliness, and the vast knowledge of everyone you speak with.

Pros

This software program is my secret weapon to keeping me and my board organized, focused and engaged. I shutter when I think back to how we did things before moving to an electronic platform.

Cons

Like most programs, it just takes time and commitment to learn everything.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Joyce, we're so happy to be called your secret weapon! Thank you for sharing the positive experience you've had with our platform and our team.

We've been a very happy BoardEffect client for five+ years. A great tool for our board.

Pros

Some of our favorite things about BoardEffect include: it is available on a variety of platforms; easy to set up and use; provides an archive for historical information; everything our board needs can be found in one simple and safe location.

Cons

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi there -- we're so happy to hear you have been a happy customer for more than five years! Thank you for taking time to write your review -- we really value your opinion.

Kristen from National Fire Protection Association

Board meetings made easier

Pros

Cons

Teaching old dogs new tricks and training board members how to use the program and getting board members to use the collaboration tools. But BoardEffect has several tools and resources available to help make this easier so very grateful.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

We know how cumbersome the minute-taking process can be, Kristen! Glad to hear that BoardEffect has made it easier for you. Thanks for sharing your review!

Karen from ABEM

Terrific Communications Tool!

Looking forward to getting more familiar with all the BoardEffect portal has to offer.

Pros

BoardEffect has given us the ability to communicate with our board more effectively.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

It's great to hear that BoardEffect has made communication with your board more effective, Karen! Thanks for sharing your review. If you're looking to expand your knowledge of BoardEffect and governance in general, please subscribe to our blog! It's a great resource and we update it with new content every week.

Kim from Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center

Great program for managing documents

Using the BoardEffect software is very useful and great for our Board of Directors to use on iPads.

Pros

The board portal is easy to use once it is set up, customer support and training are excellent, and the documents and resources are at your finger tips.

Cons

It keeps getting better with each upgrade.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Kim -- thank you for your review! We love hearing that BoardEffect is easy-to-use, and that you've received helpful customer support. Thank you for being a customer!

cheryl from Connecticut Green Bank

Excellent Board Platform

overall, my experience with BE is excellent. I am very happy that we chose BE to manage our board materials.

Pros

Boardeffect makes my job extremely easy. Very easy to navigate, its saves plenty of time and my board members love it.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative about the software.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Cheryl, we're thrilled to hear that BoardEffect has made your job easier and that your board members like the platform. Thank you for being a customer and sharing your review!

Marty from YMCA of st Pete fl

BE amazing

Growth - both personal and business

Pros

Consistency across the board - get it

Cons

Still adding features - but they ARE adding

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thanks, Marty for the 5-star review! We're so happy that BoardEffect has helped support your organization's growth.

Kristina from Concordia Plan Services

BoardEffect Review

Pros

BoardEffect makes managing the distribution of board materials easy and convenient.

Cons

The inability to move the order of books around.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Kristina, thank you for sharing that BoardEffect has made managing the distribution of board materials easy and convenient. We will certainly take your constructive feedback into account about reordering books. Thanks for taking time to share your review!

Rena from Grand Rapids Community Foundation

BE Thank You

Great, couldnt do without

Pros

Ease, customer service, paperless, friendly for end users

Cons

Nothing the product does what I need and then some

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Rena, we're so happy that BoardEffect has been working so well for you and your board! Thanks for being a customer and for taking time to write us a review.

Olivia from Northwest Area Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Great for small private family foundations

Pros

very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

Having a designated contact person to continue the relationship for the organization

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review, Olivia! We're glad to hear that BoardEffect has been helpful and easy-to-use. Thanks for being a valued customer.

Melissa from LifeStream Behavioral Center

Outstanding!

It has made keeping Board documents easy and building my board books is so much easier than the old manual way.

Pros

Putting together my board books is a snap now; I can follow easily who is attending and who can not make meetings; I have one place to up notices and send out meeting information.

Cons

Attached files become a level within your agenda as opposed to being a supporting document. I'm still playing with the email templates, but will master them yet.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

We're so happy BoardEffect has made your job easier, Melissa! If you ever have any questions about tips and tricks for using the platform, please contact our customer support team -- we're happy to help!

Mindy from Concordia Plan Services

2018 BoardEffect BESaavy conference

A lot of our questions were answered during our tuneup session. Im a new user.

Pros

Security of the material within platform; compatible with Zoom; workroom and flow; collaboration.

Cons

Im still getting acclimated with product.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thanks, Mindy for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad you enjoyed the BE Savvy conference this year, and that you were able to get acclimated as a new user. Please know that our customer support team is always available if you ever have questions!

Keturah from Volunteers of America Chesapeake

Love using Board Effect!!

My company is not new to Board Effect but I am. Every time that I call they answer and assist.

Pros

I love the fact that our board can come to a one stop shop to meet their Board Needs!

Cons

Looking to see how we can further integrations to meet our needs.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Keturah, thank you for your review! It's great to hear that even though you are new to BoardEffect, you've found it easy to learn with the help of our support team. Thanks for being a customer.

Danielle from University of Central Florida

Beginning Stages but So Far So Good!

I am looking forward to further streamlining our process and communication with board members.

Pros

I have used this software for under one year but I have no complaints thus far. The platform is relatively user friendly and if there is something that doesn't make sense, chances are there is a webinar available to help you learn.

Cons

Some templates cannot be manipulated to help end users identify why they are being contacted or receiving certain information.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you for sharing your review as a new user, Danielle! We appreciate that you've shared constructive feedback about template formatting please know that your suggestion has been taken into consideration as we continue to make improvements to the platform. Our team is always here to help should have any questions, or if you'd like to share any further feedback.

Denise from Wells Fargo Regional Foundation & CDC

Thank you for providing this service...I love BoardEffect!!

totally saves time and makes my job more efficient

Pros

I like that the portal is so easy to use and I appreciate how it has grown over the years.

Cons

I can't think of anything because my experience has been so positive.....everything is great

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the 5-star review, Denise! We love hearing that BoardEffect has saved you time and made you work more efficiently.

Makes Board Management Much Easier!

Pros

I love the ability to post our board books/minutes online, BoardEffect has saved a great deal of paper and waste by making our meeting prep and materials virtual.

Cons

There's not too many drawbacks to this software. It can sometimes be a bit difficult to navigate the actual classification of materials when uploading them into the portal. Most of our board members are able to figure out navigating the app quite easily, though.

Tammy from MPRO

Simplify your life!

It takes me a lot less time to prepare for meetings, but my Board doesn't ever have time to learn how to use it effectively

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive design

Cons

A little pricey, Board must be willing to use in order to get your moneys worth

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thanks, Tammy for sharing your review! It's great to hear that BoardEffect has helped simplify your life. If you are interested in having a board member training session, please let our customer success team know and we would be happy to assist!

Matthew from Independent Sector

Great product backed up by a great team

Pros

BoardEffect is very easy to use and gets the job done! I am incredibly happy with my experience so far.

Cons

So far I've not encountered any difficulties with the platform, but I'm sure if I did their outstanding team would be waiting in the wings to point me in the right direction.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Matthew -- thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the BoardEffect platform and team. Thanks for being a customer.

BoardEffect

Pros

BoardEffect tools help streamline tedious and time consuming processes.

Cons

some limitations such as not being able to set the date and time daily digest notifications go out.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

We're happy to hear that BoardEffect has helped streamline your governance process! Thanks for providing constructive feedback about notifications, and for sharing your review. We value your feedback.

Nikki from University of Central Florida

New User

So far so good!!

Pros

I am learning so much about how this can benefit my organization!

Cons

The agendas will never be approved for our use based on look, which is unfortunate we can't make more edits to the style! I would love to use the feature.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Hi Nikki, thank you for your review! We're glad that BoardEffect is working well for you and your organization. Please know that we are always looking to make improvements to BoardEffect, and are taking your agenda formatting feedback into account -- thank you for sharing!

Ivan from Russell Sage Foundation

Very straightforward product to use

This product does a very nice job for communicating with your board members, getting RSVP for events and posting your all your documents. It consolidated the duties of primarily two staff members into one system.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support is very good.

Cons

The email tool need to be more robust on formatting.

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

We're so glad you're liking BoardEffect, Ivan! Thanks for sharing your review. Please know that we are always looking to make improvements to BoardEffect, and have taken your agenda formatting feedback into account.

Will Increase Our Board Productivity

As mentioned above, helping board members especially in a smaller nonprofit where they may be inexperienced in such a role but have good intentions, is a help.

Pros

If you ask a smaller nonprofit executive directors their #1 frustration, it's probably that their board of directors doesn't do as much as they would like. And if you ask the BoD members, they would say they don't always know what to do. BoardEffect helps us all with great information, insightful articles and the tools we need to help us help our board be more effective. The product name is fitting.

Cons

This is not a software issue - it probably has more tools and features than we actually have the capacity to use. That's better than lacking them, we are pleased with what we have learned from Board Effect.

Jennifer from University of North Carolina at Charlotte

My third board portal--and BoardEffect is by far the best

Pros

BoardEffect is designed from the user's point of view, it's chock-full of useful features that other board portals don't have, and the BE team is highly responsive to user suggestions.

Cons

I haven't found a least-like feature yet!

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the rave review, Jennifer! We're so happy to hear you are finding BoardEffect to be feature-rich and easy-to-use.

Mark from MNSC

Our Board loves it!

Pros

We had a hard time arranging and meeting the needs of our board members, however this changed everything for the better!

Cons

Some of our board members didn't like the new set up but overall it was a success. And we cannot be more excited about the tool!

Response from BoardEffect

Replied October 2018

Mark -- it's wonderful to hear that BoardEffect is working well for you and your organization. Thank you for sharing this review!

Luna