• Pros

• "Very simple and intuitive to use. Has all t he key requirements covered but is not bloated with "nice to haves". Look and feel is lovely too!"

• "Program is easy to manoeuvre around, simple language, great personal support. The team made me feel like there is no 'stupid' question to ask!"

• "Boardpro is easy to use and you get plenty of bang for your buck. The ongoing developments ensure this product continues to improve with more and more functionality being added all the time. "

• Cons

• "Operating offline can be a little problematic but there are now plenty of work arounds."

• "It's slightly less intuitive than some other products, but that's also offset because it's not as expensive, and therefore practical for NFP's and other entities"

• "The initial set up took sometime, entering all the Board Members details and setting up the Agenda etc. Once done this has been fantastic."

Browse BoardPro Reviews

Benjamin from Women’s Health Action

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Perfect for the small-medium not for profit board.

Pros

Intuitive. Simple. Easy to use. And probably more importantly saves board members (who are all voluntary) time and effort. This is why we choose BoardPro. Everything in one place. Everyone on the same page.

Cons

There are a couple of features I’d love to see implemented, and the great thing is that BoardPro has been super responsive to incorporating this feedback.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

BordPro was responsive and appropriate for a small not for profit organisation and board. It made the essential governance processes easy and well managed without being ‘corporate’ style and bloated.

Response from BoardPro

Replied October 2019

Hi Benjamin, Great to see your positive comments about BoardPro. Our roadmap features and functionality comes from our many clients around the world. The link below will take you to our ideas portal. https://ideas.boardpro.io/ Regards Sean McDonald

Hans from NZ Spinal Trust

BoardPro - Profound Bang for you buck

Outstanding. I love BoardPro and have recommended it many times to my business and NFP friends as a cost effective means to create and run highly efficient meetings and have sound document organisation and storage accessible to members online.

Pros

There are many things I love about Boardpro but here are my top four! 1/. The agenda/boardpack/action points/user integrations are fantastic - highly intuitive and very user friendly. 2/. The document handling and storage is wonderful. In fact I go to BoardPro now to view annual and historical documents in preference to our server filing system. 3/. The Help function in my experience has been second to none. The team are responsive, of course knowledgeable, personable and just lovely to work with (very patient!!!!) and very open to product improvement suggestions. I never hesitate to click the blue icon and encourage my staff to do the same when necessary. Thanks guys - you are a fab team. 4/. BoardPro saves time! Pulling documents and Agenda's together for meetings is very efficient and saves my admin team a lot of time when preparing for a trust board meeting. BoardPro will quite possibly pay for itself in hourly rate and binding and paper costs.

Cons

The inability to run separate streams of meetings with Action Points and Minutes etc flowing through. e.g Main Trust Board meetings plus sub committee meetings.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

I currently use Diligent Boards in my capacity on another committee and was using it before I started with BoardPro. Diligent is a very good and comprehensive product however when I came to make a buying decision for our own organisation the choice was easy and based on two reasons. Diligent Boards is prohibitively priced - especially for the Not For Profit sector. I was quoted almost 10 times the price of BoardPro. I was concerned BoardPro would be such a 'stripped down' or 'lite' version of Diligent and would not have an acceptable amount of features. I did not need to worry. BoardPro is profound bang for buck and I am completely satisfied with my choice.

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Hello Hans, Thanks for your wonderful review. It was please to hear about your great comments on our service as well. All the best Regards Sean McDonald

Janay from Te Matatini Society Incorporated

New to BoardPro

I have already noticed how beneficial BoardPro will and can be to our Board and the processes in which we need to operate. I look forward to learning more in the coming weeks.

Pros

I really like the convenience of having all board documents together in one space as our board members are spread all over New Zealand. As an administrator I find BoardPro pretty easy to navigate without even reading any tutorials or tips as I have only been using it for 4 days and I want to start integrating into our current process as the current times call for a digital solution to add ease of governance to our remote working National Board and Executive Committee.

Cons

I have yet to test the ease of use for my fellow peers and the National Board so I am hoping to learn how to use it properly before hand and hoping that maybe a training briefing call can be arranged for someone from BoardPro to go over its key features and use with me seeing as I am the administrator.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

BoardPro was recommended by our Board members, therefore a few are already familiar with BoardPro use and that is of benefit to a board that are not entirely trained in the complete understanding of governance matters.

Response from BoardPro

Replied May 2020

Hi Janay. Thanks for your comprehensive review of BoardPro. Regards The BoardPro Team

Simba from SAFIRE

Usability of Boardpro

I am still on trail

Pros

It is Easy to use and Its user friendly

Cons

It needs good internet connectivity and power

Simon from Dunlop Builders

I insist on BoardPro for all my board roles!

Board meetings have more structure. Referring back to previous board agendas or minutes is super easy. It saves me so much time as a board member and Chair. Action items are much more likely to be completed with the email alert functionality.

Pros

BoardPro is very intuitive; allows all my board papers to be in one place; as a Chair it makes setting the agenda and distributing the boardpack a piece of cake. The security was strong enough for a business our size.

Cons

Sometimes it generates too many emails but that may be the settings I have selected.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

The cost of BoardPro was a fraction of Diligent and we didn't need all the bells and whistles that a listed company may need.

Jen from Absolute Gems Ltd

BoardPro - a must have for all boards

The team were super effective without being intrusive. They offered support and were very accommodating . The product itself is sleek, simple and logical - navigation is easy even for those not familiar with technology.

Pros

The administration and compliance efficiency takes the worry and stress away from boards. It provides clear governance good practice in a secure environment.

Cons

There is nothing I don't love about this software. I am looking forward to new feature enhancements that will only add to even greater efficiency.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Firstly, the team they were super helpful, Secondly the product was so easy to use sleek looking (which made people want to use it) and thirdly the price was much more affordable for my smaller boards.

Response from BoardPro

Replied December 2019

Hello Jen, Thanks for your great review. It was great to see you enjoying the value from BoardPro. We have passed your kind words to the support team Regards The BoardPro Team

Geoff from Joyce Fisher Charitable Trust

On Cloud 9 thanks to BoardPro

Before we bought into BoardPro we had large monthly Board Books that not only consumed time and paper but were inflexible once published. The ease of creating, updating , and minuting meetings on-line is a liberation for the GM. Board Members no longer need to tote books around the country and refer to additional sheets of paper. They can annotate their meeting papers on screen and arrive at the meeting with everything they need and all actions completed thanks to the Action Items auto email reminders.

Pros

Using BoardPro is easy and intuitive to use but when you do hit a brick wall the comprehensive 'help' articles solve most problems. Beyond self help, the chat-line is so prompt and effective that it should be held up as THE bench mark for customer service - it's friendly, nimble and one of the team will even call you if you are really stuck.

Cons

The inflexibility of drop down dialogue boxes means that they get in the way when you need to see something that they are blocking - drag and drop would be a great addition.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Being an NZ Start-up was an attraction and its advantageous NFP pricing structure was a crucial decider.

Response from BoardPro

Replied October 2019

Hi Geoff, Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it was great to see your comment "THE benchmark for customer service". Thanks again Sean McDonald

Sarah from Iuxta

Industry: Executive Office

Most affordable and easy to use meeting management tool

Pros

The ability to assign actions to clients and create board packs in order to run structured meetings with esse of regernve to documents for multiple companies that we provide advisory services to.

Cons

There isn't an area for users to update their action items with a comment.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

It was so easy to use, great price, fabulous support and NZ owned and operated.

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Hi Sarah, thanks for your great review. As actions are part of minutes, you can't add comments. The best way to update actions is to pass your comments back to the administrator who can then update the action. Reach out on chat if you need help with this Regards Sean McDonald

Tim from Athletics Wellington

Board Pro is the way forward

Sports Administration has many differing levels of technology ability. Having one system that is simple to use helps user focus on the important matters at hand not worry about how to write and distribute information to the relevant stakeholders. The support has been great when we need it and overall the experience with Board Pro has been very positive.

Pros

It makes finding, taking and distributing minutes fast and efficient. It is not a problem to take minutes so there is a good rotation of minute takers. Organising the next meeting is a breeze and reminders make sure everyone is aware of where and when they need to meet. Action items are included into the minutes with a date so everyone can see what is on track what needs attention. All the governance documents are easily accessible as well which saves time and keeps everyone well organised.

Cons

It works well and takes a few meeting to get used to how the layout and system works.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

More cost effective and more personal support

Response from BoardPro

Replied October 2019

Hi Tim, That was awesome feedback. Thanks for taking so much time with your review. I have passed on your great comments to the development and support teams. Best Regards Sean McDonald

Michael from Lay Associates Ltd

Great Value for Money

Sandy from Lake Taupo Forest Trust

We set up a number of new subcommittees this year so lots more agendas and meetings. Yay BoardPro.

Pros

The time saved and the ease of preparing agendas and minutes. And a system to keep track of the actions is great. We used to do all of that manually so we're streets ahead of where we were. We set up 4 new subcommittees this year so having BoardPro has been hugely helpful. Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems but those are steadily being worked through. I find that I don't need to get in touch with the Help Desk as often and clearly things are working well for us. Another great BoardPro feature is the ability to access it so readily from any of your electronic devices and from any location. I’m an administrator so I can complete an agenda at work or at home and, later, access the minutes to work on and simply pick up from where I left off. And my colleagues can be working on it at the same time too.

Cons

Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems, but I have to say those are steadily being worked through. I still get frustrated that there's no Undo button when I'm typing the minutes straight into BoardPro - I've lost work several times due to hitting the wrong area of the touch pad, which is a real pain. Ultimately, its important that our governors are happy with the software. They readily express their frustrations if they're unhappy, e.g. the page numbering in the board packs - the minutes have one set of numbering and the board packs have another. They also get confused about the different action points lists - in a board pack, there's a list of actions raised in the meeting at the end of the previous minutes (very useful). Then there's a list of actions reviewed in this meeting, plus an Action Item List. I don't clearly understand the distinction and if I'm not clear then I can't explain it and the governors start talking about other software options. That's not in my interest as I've invested lots of time and effort in getting BoardPro to work for us. For me, the action item reminders to owners are great. Because owners don't always react to their actions, (tongue in cheek), it would be good if it incorporated a graphic like a time bomb going off under a chair. That might prompt people to update/action their actions! :)

Response from BoardPro

Replied June 2019

HI Sandy, thanks so much for your considered feedback. I sent your feedback to our COO who will discuss with the team.

Daryl from Christian Education Trust

Using BoardPro

BoardPro has reduced the time it used to take for me to compile meeting agendas. I can build agendas through the month and load relevant papers as they come to hand. Access to documentation by Board members is much easier. The decision register is very useful as it is no longer kept in a separate database programme. Also the interest register is in the same programme as other board information.

Pros

I compile agendas for several companies, committees and a trust. Using BoardPro has reduced the time these processes have taken significantly because the names of those who will be expected at the meeting are already available and so is my template for the meeting agendas. It is very easy to make changes as necessary. The Trustees, Directors and Committee members like the notification process that advises them when meeting papers are ready for them to view and when they have actions to complete. I also like that support from BoardPro is available quickly and ideas that users have to improve the features of the product are invited, considered and often implemented so that we all gain the benefit of better board papers.

Cons

Nothing really. A challenge can be that the programme is cloud based, so if access to the Internet is interrupted getting to the board papers can be difficult. Consequently, I always have a hard copy of the agenda available at each meeting and a way in which to record minutes that does not rely on the cloud. I have been using BoardPro for just over a year now and so far have only needed to employ my alternative method once.

Response from BoardPro

Replied June 2019

Hi Daryl, Thanks for your great feedback. We do have a companion IOS application for the iPad which you can download for free at the Apple store. I hope that helps. Regards Sean McDonald

Josie from YMCA Christchurch

Streamlined and Enhanced Accountabilitly

Overall Boardpro has been a hugely positive addition to the way we operate as an organisation. It has saved time but more importantly it has enhanced the engagement of the board with the information being sent. It has also reduced the paper waste.

Pros

The consistent approach to agendas, minutes and actions has made our meetings more successful. It has enhanced particularly the ability of the board to track actions, ensure minutes are approved, and ensure that we differentiate between decisions, notes, actions - when before they were sometimes confused. I really love that the board members get reminded to do their 'tasks' so that this is no longer a nag from the CEO (rather a nag from Board pro). It is also really helpful that all the documents are in one place, and on the cloud - so if a board member is joining the meeting from overseas it is no problem.

Cons

There are a few minor things like the fact that only one person can own an action - when often in our organisation there are multiple owners of actions. I also don't like that we can't back-date when an action has been completed - sometimes we forget to mark the actions as done so when we get around to it the date is not accurate (so not such a good audit trail of actions because of this). AS I say, minor.

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Hi Josie, Thanks for your comprehensive feedback. Our roadmap does include enhancements to BoardPro actions. Great to see the value we bring to your processes and people. Regards Sean McDonald

Gaelle from Deighton Enterprises Ltd

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A Big Fan

The record keeping and consistency of information is the greatest asset to the small organisations as they often do not have the administrative fire power to keep everything consistent. It has stopped the "reinvention of the wheel" that each new administration person often tries to bring to the orrganisation. It has meant that funders (& auditors) can given access to records during audit processes and they are up today and accurate.

Pros

This software is so special for small community organisations. It is affordable and it is an open and transparent record of the organisations activities, accountabilities and history. It keeps all the governance team informed and up to date. It makes the communication easier and consistent. And is especially good record keeping for any annual audits regarding processes and record keeping. This has been a real boost to the professionalism of the small organisations that I have encouraged to take this software on board.

Cons

Sometimes, if governance members are not using it often, they do get a bit confused as to the process. If there could be a scaled down, simpler version for very small organizations?

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Did not switch from another product, but do use another product with a different organisation. Diligent BoardBooks. A much more complicated and time consuming product too use. Not simple and not intuitive. I also note that it is very expensive.

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Gaelle, It does take time for some board members to come around to a new way of doing things. Remember, we do offer free training sessions specifically for board members. We run these each week. To book a session simply reach out to the team on chat Thanks again Sean McDonald

Michelle from WellSouth Primary Health Network

Does exactly what it says

- We have been trying to get our board members to transition from paper-based board packs to online for a while now and they have found BoardPro so easy to use that we have converted all our board to online. It has been a great time-saver for me as the administrator. Not only have we lessened the impact on the environment with not printing the documents but also the cost of printing and couriering the packs. - Questions are answered in a timely manner and the set webinar trainings are also a great feature. - Because of the success with our Board, we have also extended using BoardPro to two other committees.

Pros

- Ease of use. Uploading of documents without having to convert into a PDF a great time saver. - Easy to create agendas and move documents within the agenda sections. - Separate action items which can be emailed to those responsible and timely reminder emails also a great feature to enable items to be actioned.

Cons

- Cannot enter multiple entries under the Interest Registers for one person. Currently you have to make a new entry under each person (not ideal when board members have multiple interests). Governance Documents cannot be seen in the Ipad version. - Currently no spell-checker.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

As a non-for-profit organisation, cost was a big factor for our organisation. The easy functionality of using Boardpro (as an administrator and feedback from users) was also a factor in the decision making with our Board members. Our Board just wanted something they could open and user-friendly.

aye from Cycling New Zealand

Board Pro Review

Not solving any business problems apart from the fact it does save time having the board pack on BoardPro. Board members have commented that it isn't as user friendly as Diligent Boards and you can't switch between things as easily. I am still getting used to Board Pro and finding the best way to do things for us and as we only use it about 7 times a year and not on a daily basis it takes a while. I wouldn't go back to the old way of creating a word document though - definitely a step in the right direction.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use and saves time when putting together board papers. Great having a central portal to store all the important documents that need to be referred to regularly instead of having to find them elsewhere. Great that you can access it from any computer anywhere. I don't use the app version so can't comment on that.

Cons

When you copy a previous meeting it doesn't bring over the attachments and some attachments are regular documents - would be good if they transferred over and you had the ability to amend them through Board Pro and not have them stored elsewhere and attach. Sometimes we have matters arising which need to be deleted for whatever reason and you can't do that - you have to mark them done and wait for them to drop off the list. It seems to show all matters arising even if they are complete when really we don't need to see those in the meeting - good to have them in the background but we only need the ones that need actioning to be showing for that meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Replied July 2019

Hello Aye, That is really helpful feedback. I have passed this on to our dev team. We are constantly upgrading BoardPro from a UX/UI experience and feedback like this is so helpful. Best Regards Sean McDonald

Ric from Franklin Hospice Charitable Trust

Why BoardPro?

From the start, BoardPro has been very simple to establish and use. On the few occasions we needed support, it was always provided in a timely manner. The staff are very responsive and unfailingly helpful.

Pros

It is very simple and easy to use. There are often new and/or improved features introduced which are relevant to us. The Board that is produced is well laid out and looks very professional. We especially like the fact that minutes can be recorded as the meeting is under way so that the production of the minutes is done in almost real time. We also like the Document section which allows us to keep relevant governance documents in BoardPro so Board members can refer to them at any time.

Cons

There is very little we don't like. If I was to be picky, it can take a few minutes for the final Board Pack to be built and available, but that really is not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Primarily cost. I've used Diligent and it is a good product but for our small NFP, BoardPro does everything we need and is by far the most cost effective I have found.

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Hi Ric, Thanks for your great feedback on BoardPro. I particularly liked your positive comments on our support teams. We are super proud of the great service we provide our clients. Regards Sean McDonald

Wyn from MUMA

A simple way to raise the quality of our governance.

Our organisation has a parent entity and four subsidiaries. BoardPro has greatly improved the manner in which we prepare for, conduct, and report on the Board meetings that we hold.

Pros

BoardPro helps organise the process of governance. It is easy to use and it drives both the process of decision-making and the record keeping function across the various key activities of governance.

Cons

A very small thing, when adding a Governance document to the Agenda it provides a link rather than draws down a copy of the document. We are looking forward to the release of the Board calendar function.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Cost and simplicity of use

Response from BoardPro

Replied August 2019

Thanks Wyn, we can't wait to release the new calendar functionality. We have it in test at the moment. Let us know if you would like to review the project BETA. Regards Sean

Geoff from Management Consulting

The Best Bad Cop!

Outstanding. The software I recommend the most to businesses.

Pros

1) It chases up actions automatically so that myself, and other board members, don't have to. 2) Minute writing is faster, funner, easier. 3) Board members turn up more prepared = better outputs and shorter meetings.

Cons

A minor, but not being able to copy your best-practice agendas automatically across to new clients

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Cheaper, easier, better (by all accounts).

Response from BoardPro

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the great review Geoff. We have passed your comments to Kim and her development team Regards The BoardPro team

Vanessa from ChargeNet

Industry: Utilities

From the perspective of a newbie

Fantastic, streamlined, and structured to date.

Pros

I'm new to the role of board secretary, so I've found this super painless to use. I'm not coming from anything else, manual or otherwise. It's intuitive, I love the autosave functions, I just generally like the way it operates. I also really liked the tutorials that really helped me familiarise myself with the software from the get-go, and I'll probably do them again soon now that I've played around with it for a few months.

Cons

Sometimes I'd get a bit confused about things like action items not appearing in the agenda, and realised I'd have to download the full board pack to get that. I'm not quite sure what the board members see sometimes. For instance, I'm not quite sure on the structure of comments from action points when going through them in the board meeting - BUT to ensure I've adequately captured the minutes and the conversations around those action points, I've put them in the action points themselves. I think the board might be able to see those now? As it may not be in an edit safe version. I'm not sure. Some of this is likely from lack of experience.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

I was advised by our chair we were using this product as it was good and suited our needs as a smaller company. I didn't look into any other products available on the market, but should we get to a point where I'm struggling to do what I need to do, then I'll investigate. At present, though, it does what it says on the tin and I'm quite happy with how it operates.

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Fantastic review Vanessa, I have passed your comments on to our development team. Regards Sean McDonald

Cheryl from Avonside Girls' HS & Shirley Boys' HS

Boardpro is saving hours managing Board meetings each month

It changed our meetings from piles of paper to the ability to efficiently collate papers for back ground reading so that when members arrived at the meeting we could get straight down to business. In terms of preparation I believe we have saved at least 2 days work a month on meeting management, and we can easily find our documents and the correct version no more losing the final version.

Pros

It stores everything in one place, that is easy to access. Organising agendas and documents is so much easier - we no longer use paper.

Cons

It sometimes takes a while to load a meeting pack, and takes people a little while to get used to reading documents online - just the era we have grown up in!

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

More streamlined, ease of training and transition if personnel change. We are a colocated school so it is important to us that we streamline the software each school is using as much as possible for the shared personnel.

Response from BoardPro

Replied March 2020

Hello Cheryl, It was so great to read your review, particularly the time you have saved each month using BoardPro. Regards The BoardPro team

Peter from DiscipleMakers

Fantastic onboarding and customer service

Our experience of getting started using BoardPro has been streamlined and straightforward. The service is terrific, and the product is well-supported. The annual fee is well below every other option with comparable features we looked at. We only wish the software would make it easier to export data and trust the company will take this request very seriously.

Pros

The software is very easy to learn, and all features are quite intuitive. As new users, we have found it to dramatically improve our ability to find the right documents at the right time, and to track action items. The customer service is also outstanding regarding any and every question we have had.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that there is not a simple export feature for your data should you decide to stop using BoardPro. It is possible to download data one meeting or document at a time, but that could get time consuming after using the software for a number of years. We typically find that the easier a software company makes it for you to *stop* using their product, the more likely you are to want to keep using it instead.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Features, price, ease of use

Response from BoardPro

Replied April 2020

Hello Peter, Thanks for your considered feedback and thanks for you kind words in respect to our support. I have passed on your comments to the product development team. Regards The BoardPro team

John from Acumentis

KISS software to manage board and other meetings

Excellent. Easy to buy, set up and use. Support is very timely too!

Pros

Cons

Could do with "circular resolution" capability and also electronic signing of minutes (I understand these are coming).

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Ease of use and value proposition.

Response from BoardPro

Replied March 2020

Hi John, Thanks for your review. Circular resolutions and electronic signing are certainly featured the team are working on. Thanks again The BoardPro Team

Kayla from Waitangi Limited

Easy way to manage multiple boards

It has been a great system so far and it gets used by me multiple times a week, and our other users have enjoyed having an easy straightforward way to find minutes, documents and everything just in the one place. The customer support team are also amazing - there have been things I havent found or didn't quite know how to do in the beginning implementation and they respond extremely quickly and always have the answer for you (usually with a video or photos of step by step instructions so it couldnt be easier to follow).

Pros

It is very straightforward to use and it is easy to navigate, especially when you are looking after multiple boards or groups. I also enjoy the prompts that it gives me at different stages of meetings, so it's almost impossible to miss a step.

Cons

The only thing I would like that it doesn't 100% cater for is the ability to take minutes in a board only time when the secretary isn't there - so for them to be able to take minutes and not have them visible by admins. However, there is the hidden folder options which work for this purpose, they just have to load a document in separately.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

We didn't chose over alternative products - we didn't even research others as a board member of ours uses Boardpro for a different Board they sit on and they couldn't recommend it highly enough so it was an easy choice.

Jennifer from Interactionz

Super pleased!!

Better communication for the board. Ease for Leadership to prepare the reports. Easy to use for all ages of the board members. Creating an agenda, collating the reports, emailing them and minutes are seamless. Actions are visible for all.

Pros

The ease to use and function to email directly to the board. Collating the reports is so stress free!!

Cons

I would love to be able to edit documents in Boardpro instead of needing to upload. An editing feature would be super. I would also like to be able to add status updates to the actions.

As per above

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for your great review and great to hear that you are finding BoardPro super easy. We have passed on your comments re editable documents and actions to the product development team Regards The BoardPro team

Amy from Greenpeace NZ

Industry: Environmental Services

BoardPro Review

It has definitely saved me a lot of time in preparing Board reports. From spending hours putting them together manually, to uploading reports and letting BoardPro create the pack for me - it's great! And the BoardPro team always respond quickly to any issues or questions I have - good customer service can be hard to come by! BoardPro is often being updated and expanded so you can do more on it.

Pros

The ease of using it. It is so easy to create agendas and report packs, record minutes, record actions, and so much more. It is also great to have a center point for save all documents the Board need to access instead of documents being saved in all different areas.

Cons

A couple of glitches here and there eg I will click down to highlight something to copy or delete but once I unclick the mouse, the highlight disappears. Also a couple of things I'd like to be able to do on there, I can't, but the staff are open to these ideas and there is an idea area where you can suggest things you want on there.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

We wanted to go with a New Zealand company only and at the time, this was one of the only ones available in New Zealand, and also one of the cheapest - being a not for profit organisation, we have little funds to spend on programmes like this.

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your review Amy, We are always trying to improve the user experience of BoardPro and our Ideas portal (https://ideas.boardpro.io/) is the way we receive feedback from our users around the globe. Feel free to reach out any time. Regards Sean McDonald

William from Waikato Chamber of Commerce

Making good boards great is what BoardPro is all about

We have saved time and money improved forward planning and communication, it's been a game changer.

Pros

For those that are needing an idea where to start, BoardPro gives you that. For those that then need flexibility to adapt their board meeting, BoardPro handles it with ease. For those directors and chair's that sit on multiple entities, BoardPro is a must have. On the move needing access when you what where you are, BoardPro is Cloud based. Quite simple it's a game changer

Cons

This product is constantly being developed, as such you need to be using it regularly to get the full benefit. Training for those directors who are still used to paper board packs will need a little extra effort to help on-board them well

Daniela from Ako Aotearoa, C/- Massey University

Industry: Research

Board and 2 Sub Committees Accounts with BoardPro

Communication with Board and S/Cs is going well as a result of using BoardPro, we are all connected and accessing any recent or old documents at the click of a button.

Pros

Environmentally friendly, moving away from hard copies. Accessing and updating at any point any papers or governance documents. Being a live system. We are very connected with the Board and S/Cs.

Cons

The formatting is limited. The formatting is not working in all areas of BoardPro.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

We decided to support a NZ Business and we knew the service will be good which it is, and easy to access it at any point. Outstanding service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the team.

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Hi Daniela, thanks for your kind feedback. Regards Sean McDonald

John from No 1 District Federation of New Zealand Soccer Incorporated

Once its set up Board Pro helps elevate your Boards thinking

It has reduced my work load, made my life easier and helped elevate our Boards engagement.

Pros

Production of Board Packs is quick and we can easily reference previous decisions. Overall Board Pro has probably saved we 2-3hrs of work per meeting. The flow on result is that the Boards focus has also elevated due to our ability to more easily give them access to information, rather than sending lots of emails & attachments. The Board Members are more engaged as we store all governance related documents in the documents section for members to access. We would not return to the old practice of scanning Board Packs as pdfs,. Based on our experience and the price I dont see us looking for an alternative option.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Price, free trial and functionality.

Response from BoardPro

Replied February 2020

Hi John, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciated your kind words Regards The BoardPro Team

Tania from ClearThinking Coaching Ltd

I recommend BoardPro to all my organisations!

Board Pro is a fantastic tool for Boards to be in control of their key documents. No more searching for latest versions or drafts vs final. The meeting documents are easy to search, and the Governance documents are secure and available. The software makes induction to a new Board member so much easier as all their key information is in one place and has automatic reminders for them about meeting dates and times. I recommend Board Pro to all organisations I work with.

Pros

The collation of Governance documents and Meeting documents in a single place that is easy to navigate. Having the Conflict of interest register and person list clearly available and up to date, and able to be updated. No more searching around for the latest version of documents or current document in use as they are all secure in Board Pro. Easy to use agenda setting and minutes template.

Cons

Only the Admin and Chair can edit the meeting agendas, but it would be great to have a feature where you could send in agenda items for consideration, especially as Vice Chair. This software doesn't include a meeting evaluation function that could go with the meeting documents to tell the whole story of the meeting. We still have to use an external survey system to capture the meeting evaluations then add that information into Board Pro.

Response from BoardPro

Replied February 2020

Thanks Tania, The team really appreciated your considered feedback. I have passed your comments on to the product development team. Regards Sean McDonald The BoardPro Team

Areta from Paikea Whitireia Trust ( Marae Committee)

Industry: Facilities Services

Feedback for Boardpro

For the purpose it was set up for it is great. I first experienced Boardpro through our Church. As a Marae committee we are well placed to adapt this programme to our needs. Maybe you could add some Maori labels for users in the Company section.

Pros

Technology is here to stay. We are a Maori Marae Committee on the East Coast outside of Gisborne. The layout of Boardpro is easy to read and use. Most of our members coming on are computer literate. It seemed best to retire leaving them with a too that works for our Committee. Im sure we would be one of the few Maori Marae Committee using your software. Your friendly support service is fantastic. I couldn't find answers as a Maori Organisation to fit your Company questions. We represent the Haapu of Ngati Konohi. We have many volunteers not employees. Would love to host a visit for you all.

Cons

It was easy to read and follow for an absolute novice (that's me). It is set out clearly ad with little computer knowledge was easy to follow. I really enjoyed being able to talk to a live person or answer to the questions provided. Once completed ones minutes looked very well set out and easy to ready.. I applaud the "Action" sheet.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

From using Boardpro it suited me and my purposes. While we are much smaller than the Companies you are designed for, thank you for accepting us as clients.

Response from BoardPro

Replied October 2019

KIa Ora Areta, kei te pai, It was a real pleasure reading your review. I have passed your great comments on to the support team who I know will be thrilled. Nga mihi ki a koe Sean McDonald

Lindsay from Cancer Society

Saves us so much time & effort

I used to compile the board reports for our organisation and it was such a huge task combining the various management reports and appendices. BoardPro significantly cut down the amount of time we spend on this; it's so easy for us to upload the various parts to create a cohesive whole! Plus it's so easy for our team to review and feed back on the contents of the pack. We also use this fortnightly for our management team meetings and it's a great way to circulate the agenda, minutes, actions and any papers to review before the next meeting.

Pros

The ability to easily add multiple documents from various team members to create a cohesive board or meeting pack. Like having the agenda for upcoming meetings right there, along with any papers you need to review in clear defined sections. Also great that you can record comments, minutes and actions directly into the software. Having everything in one place i.e. being able to refer back to previous meetings and docs.

Cons

It's great software, can't think of any cons right now from my user experience.

Response from BoardPro

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your review Lindsay. It's great to see you enjoying the time savings by using BoardPro.

Jacqueline from Altus Enterprises

Haven't looked back

With using BoardPro we have a central point of documentation and minutes, along with a regular streamlined Agenda. This was the best thing for our organisation's Board and by moving with the times it saved me time.

Pros

The ease in set up and the adaptability to our organisation

Cons

Haven't found anything yet that bugs me so there are no Cons

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Ease of use, not difficult to set up and cheaper

Response from BoardPro

Replied October 2019

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for your review. Great to see you getting good value from Boardpro. Regards Sean McDonald

Sean from MOBIT

Could not live withour Boardpro

What I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. It was also effortless to setup and the BoardPro team were there if I needed them. I have used dozens of 'Cloud Apps' and without exception, most had steep learning curves and ' time to value'. BoardPro is an exception this. Within 30 minutes, I had built my first board pack and distributed the meeting agenda and items to my directors.

Pros

What I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. ' Time to value' was exceptionally fast. Within 30 minutes I had built my first board pack and had distributed the meeting agenda and documents to my directors.

Cons

Like all great Saas platforms, the early days were a bit challenging but the counter to this was the awesome service provided by the Boardpro team. They were always there to lend a helping hand.

Janene from Farro

Boardpro . A true game changer for board meetings

Efficient, effective and so easy to use!

Pros

.Boardpro is effective and efficient . Everything can be easily collated, shared and updated in one portal. Notes can be taken prior and during board meetings. It ensures board member accountability. Following up on actions required is prompted and board members can see progress/ actions between meetings. It has been a positive game changer.

Cons

I use Boardpro for 2 boards and am Chair for one In my first meeting As Chair I did not push save at the end of each minute noted and lost all notes! Pushing save on the top right hand corner is rather haphazard ..I feel a save button at the end of each open action box would be a great advancement Also some Laptops are certainly better for user functionality Ie the iPad Pro with the pencil for note taking which I don’t have

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Boardpro was recommended to us so we tried it and it was perfect for our requirements.

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Hi Janene, Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. It was awesome to read your comments on BoardPro being a game-changer :) . We have passed on your comments on the save function to the product dev team Regards The BoardPro team

Ann from Tennis Auckland

BoardPro Review

BoardPro has simplified creating the monthly Board pack with the template system. The Board like the system of downloading the board papers ahead of the meeting, referring back to previous minutes and papers.

Pros

BoardPro has simplified our system for board papers, agendas and minutes for our monthly Board meetings. The templates make creating the agenda and Board Pack and the ease of sending it out so easy and time efficient. Producing the minutes after the meeting using the same template is very simple. I also like how we can upload all our Governance documents etc for the Board to access and read at any time. This has saved a lot of time responding to emails from Board members requesting documents or previous minutes.

Cons

The template using existing Board members makes uploading old Board meeting agenda and minutes difficult. Takes longer to manually upload documents.

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your great review on Capterra Ann. Regards Sean McDonald

Emma from Xerra Earth Observation Institute Ltd

Industry: Research

BoardPro

The BoardPro support team are exceptional - always quick to respond to any queries, and to work to find solutions. Really happy with the overall package.

Pros

It is very intuitive to use, with a really pleasing user interface. It's easy to build up the agenda, and edit at a later stage, adding additional agenda items or files as needed, and then to generate and send out the Board Pack. It makes it easy to be organised, and to produce a professional Board Pack. It is super simple to look back on previous meetings and files, and to find what we need. And the Action Items are great.

Cons

There's very little I don't like. In any product, there will always be additional features that might be useful, but at this stage, there are no dealbreakers for us.

Ron from The Salvation Army

Industry: International Trade and Development

As A User

Boardpro is used by our endorsing and approval committees and Governing Council for the concept, proposal and development stages of international development projects. As these projects involve Australian Government funding and public donations, strict and complex protocols need to be adhered to and Boardpro allows required accountability processes to be presented and managed in a ready and easy to use approach.

Pros

From the moment you log in to Boardpro and navigate your way to the appropriate meeting, with agenda and meeting notes, all procedures are arranged in an easy to use and intuitive process. No instructions are needed and no puzzling directions are encountered. Traversing agenda items and subject notes is a breeze. No piles of paper shuffling here. Also surprising is the amount of information that can be contained and presented in an orderly and readable fashion, making any board meeting less stressful from the beginning. It's 'hats off' to Broadpro from this appreciative user.

Cons

As a user only, I haven't really found any negatives. From the timely reminders of upcoming meetings and personal action items required, to the friendly and helpful availability of the 'smiling' team members if questions arise, to the universal accessibility of Boardpro being an internet based program, what negatives can there be? None!

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Hi Ron, Thanks for your awesome review. It's always a thrill to see read such great feedback about BoardPro. Regards Sean McDonald

Julie from Tennis NZ

Make your life easier!

Definitely efficiency. It takes much less time for board packs to be prepared and senior team members can add in papers in their own time - great for those who like to plan well in advance. The board pack is presented in a more professional manner and thank goodness the days of sending hard copies of papers out are gone! An on-line record is always kept of the board packs with no extra effort.

Pros

The ease of uploading board papers and the way they are presented. The board meeting has a much better flow as everyone can easily access any paper - even if the agenda occasionally runs out of order.

Cons

If you have to add in later papers, they are created in a 'new' set of board papers. If a board member has written notes on the original set, they have to refer back to different papers if the board pack isupdated with late items prior to the meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Replied December 2019

Hi Julie, Thanks for your review. We have passed on your comments to our product development team. Regards The BoardPro team

Donna from Non-Profit Organization Management

not for profit

excellent

Pros

as board member come and go everything is in one place and easy to find

Cons

the new timeline of way meetings are laid out the old way was more user friendly

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

pricing and ease of use. Customer service was amazing and support is fast

Response from BoardPro

Replied August 2019

Hi Donna, Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the UI team. Regards Sean McDonald

Jonathan from Eastern & Central Community Trust

Industry: Philanthropy

ECCT Review

Using BoardPro has saved me time in preparing board meeting papers, I estimate between 2-3 days a month. Its electronic so we no longer print hard copies, bind them and send them out by post or courier. I can ensure that up to date documents are loaded for Trustees to access, this means I no longer have to worry if they have the latest version of documents.

Pros

Easy to use and everything is where I need it, Board meeting papers, minutes, action items and essential documents.

Cons

Only minor things like a meeting going over two days which BoardPro doesn't accomodate

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Not applicable. I was recommended to trial BoardPro from another user

Response from BoardPro

Replied February 2020

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for your awesome review. We're stoked that you are saving so much time using BoardPro Regards The BoardPro Team

Mike from Network Waitaki

Industry: Utilities

Why I like BoardPro

Very positive. I liked the ease of inserting comments and marking up papers Also the ease of interacting with the package during the Board meetings

Pros

The ease of searching papers and associated Board documents

Cons

Getting used to the differences from Diligent which I use on other Boatds

Response from BoardPro

Replied March 2020

Hi Mike, Thanks for your review. The BoardPro Team

Catherine from Christian Savings Ltd.

High Recommendation of BoardPro

Creating Board packets and sharing them with Directors has been made as easy and simple as possible and taken a lot of the stress out of that particular work load.

Pros

I have served a number of Boards over my career and have never before used a tool which makes the creating, collating and distribution of Board papers so easy and relatively effortless. It assists with the creation of the agenda and makes uploading relevant papers to each agenda item very simple. Executives find it easy to use so, if they wish, they are able to upload their own papers rather than having to rely on administrative assistance. Taking notes and creating minutes during the meetings themselves is made very simple, along with the creation of Action items. These items are shared directly with the person required to take action. Automatic reminders are sent to those same people, so while the Board Secretary needs to ensure that these action items are carried out, the onus for ensuring reminders are sent no longer rests with them.

Cons

There's really nothing not to like. BoardPro remains a living being. The company is very open to suggestions of improvements, which are constantly being sought and implemented. I cannot recommend this product more highly.

Response from BoardPro

Replied September 2019

Thanks Catherine, I almost fell off my chair when I read your fantastic review. Thanks so much. Regards Sean McDonald

Frances from Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement

Board Meetings made easy and super professional

BoardPro allows me to complete all of my tasks around Board meeting preparation quickly and professionally. The minutes look great, actions are automatically listed and sent out to the Directors or Staff members and they are able to complete tasks and update on BoardPro. In addition, BoardPro staff have been incredibly helpful and there has been no problem with using the software. As I get to know the program better, it becomes more and more useful.

Pros

The best thing about BoardPro is the flow from the agenda to the minutes and the automatically compiled action list. All the hassle of collating board papers removed and minutes and board papers are available for Director perusal without wasting paper or any of the security risks associated with hard copies of confidential documents

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software

Response from BoardPro

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your review Frances, Wow! I also like your great positive comments about our support. We always love to see this as we pride ourselves on the levels of support we provide our clients. Thanks again Sean McDonald

Rebecca from BYATA

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Makes life easy

One place for all documents, the platform hosts multiple boards, and sub or working groups. Also the chance to record minutes - long and short form

Pros

I run three different boards and so to have all three at my fingertips is magical... it also holds all of our governance documents in one place. Perfect...

Cons

Nothing, it’s pretty easy to use plus affordable

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

Ease of use, cost, simple and trail

Response from BoardPro

Replied February 2020

Thanks Rebecca, Great to see you enjoying the use of BoardPro across your organizations Regards The BoardPro Team

Alan from Camco Industries Limited

We needed something.

A task that was a hassle and not done properly is now easy, and the disciplines of best practice are being applied. For a small family company growing to become a much bigger company we need tools like this to assist us on the journey. We like BoardPro.

Pros

This provided an easy framework to simplify the process of Board meetings and governance. It was always a hassle and our approach was inconsistent. Now the tool, framework and templates infrastructure supports the discipline we need as a small company becoming a bigger company

Cons

It took me six months as a user to be confident in easily using BoardPro. But now I am starting to become a better user and find I am getting more value as a result. Suggest that customer follow up after purchase may be a good idea.

Reasons for Choosing BoardPro

You came highly recommended from another user.

Elizabeth from Midland Women's Health Care Place

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Wish we could afford BoardPro

Our experience with the tools that have been available has been excellent. We are so grateful for what you have made available. It has helped as a board and individuals to learn and lift our gaze when things seem overwhelming. We truly thank you for what you have offered us.

Pros

We are a small organisation in Perth, Western Australia. I've been following the BoardPro emails and resources. Unfortunately we can't afford to subscribe but I wanted to let you know how appreciate we are of the resources that have been made available. My fellow board members and I have been using the available templates and articles. This has been excellent as we have some substantial challenges and we are a new board taking the organisation in a new direction of higher governance and accountability. Our organisation provides counselling and support services to women who are facing life challenges such as domestic violence, homelessness, job loss, death in family or illnesses.

Cons

I can't comment as we haven't had full access.

Response from BoardPro

Replied May 2020

Hello Elizabeth, It was a real pleasure to read the review you posted on Capterra. Regards The BoardPro Team

Roy from St Stephen's Anglican Church

Church board use

12 months of smooth vestry meeting records and interactive activities.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and therefore very suitable to Church Board/Vestry administration as these organisations tend traditionally to consist of all ages including those who were not familiar with computers etc in their formative years. I thoroughly recommend Board Pro to all church administrators.

Cons

Probably the length of time to fire it up on my computer, but that just could be my impatience!

Response from BoardPro

Replied March 2020

Hello Roy, Nice to see your positive comments thank you. The BoardPro Team

Dave from smartAR Group

Best Practice Board Reporting at a Fraction of the Price

BoardPro drives our governance reporting in a tidy, timely and cost efficient manner. It's been great.

Pros

As a cloud based resource Boardpro allows all our Directors and their respective support teams to access board papers and make comments/mark-ups effortlessly without printing 100's of pages needlessly. It's standardized best practice design helps drive better governance.

Cons

In early days there were several feature lacking - the BoardPro team has listened and now gotten well ahead of what we think is missing to actually providing new features we love but would never have thought of asking for.

Response from BoardPro

Replied August 2019

Hi Dave, thanks for your great comments. The development team has been working hard this year to add new functionality to BoardPro. Regards Sean McDonald

Bronwen from Windwhistle School

BoardPro - A School's Perspective

BoardPro is simply fantastic! From the first day of my free trial I have felt they have a great personal touch without being pushy with their product. The product simply speaks for itself once you start using it. My team and I decided early on in the trial period that we would purchase the product and haven't looked back!

Pros

As a Principal of a small rural school my jobs are endless. One of my main roles is to work alongside our parent represented Board of Trustees. BoardPro has made this job so much easier. Everything is in one place and everyone is able to access it. It is seamless process and saves me so much valuable time that I can then spend working alongside our children in the classroom. Now I've tried BoardPro I wouldn't be withuot it!

Cons

The only con is that Action Items can only be assigned to one Board member, often we work on things collaboratively. Having said this I have contacted BoardPro and this feature is in the pipeline so I'm really looking forward to it's release. BoardPro have fantastic customer service and very quick response times to any questions I've sent them, which is great.

Response from BoardPro

Replied January 2020

Hello Bronwen Thanks for your review and feedback. We checked with the product development team and the multi assigned actions are certainly in the short term pipeline. Best Regards The BoardPro team