What are Boardpro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Boardpro software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is extremely user friendly. Easy to integrate into our current processes."
  • icon"Exceptionally easy to integrate into our school. I particularly like how all board documents are saved in one place and you can check each document off as you read it."
  • icon"The software is very user friendly, easy to navigate and has great functionality."
  • icon"Nothing that stands out as a negative with the software."
  • icon"A challenge can be that the programme is cloud based, so if access to the Internet is interrupted getting to the board papers can be difficult."
  • icon"Yet to find anything frustrating, and I've been using it for about a year."

Browse all Boardpro Reviews

• Have you used Boardpro and would like to share your experience with others?

Kyle

Company size: 5,001 - 10,000 employees

Great value governance and Board management solution

Benjamin

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Perfect for the small-medium not for profit board.

Pros

Intuitive. Simple. Easy to use. And probably more importantly saves board members (who are all voluntary) time and effort. This is why we choose BoardPro. Everything in one place. Everyone on the same page.

Cons

There are a couple of features I’d love to see implemented, and the great thing is that BoardPro has been super responsive to incorporating this feedback.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

BordPro was responsive and appropriate for a small not for profit organisation and board. It made the essential governance processes easy and well managed without being ‘corporate’ style and bloated.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Benjamin, Great to see your positive comments about BoardPro. Our roadmap features and functionality comes from our many clients around the world. The link below will take you to our ideas portal. https://ideas.boardpro.io/ Regards Sean McDonald

Replied October 2019

Barry

User Friendly Board and Committee Meetings Sogtware

Good, I was an early adopter and seen it's functionality grow steadily over time - I am happy to recommend it for my clients and contacts to consider. Very good communication with the company.

Pros

I really like the ability to access all the areas via browser, add in notes to my copy of the papers, find past papers and actually generate / print a Board pack if I needed to. The responsivity of the help from the company is very good too.

Cons

Actually I struggle to think of anything material as a con.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Diligent required Ipads and was targeted at the "big end of town" - entry level for BoardPro was much lower.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Barry, Thanks for writing a review for us and thanks for the many referrals you send us. Regards The BoardPro team

Replied November 2020

Anna

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

BoardPro review

My experience with BoardPro has been exceptional. I can't rave enough about how easy to use this software is even for those who may be technically challenged. BoardPro has given me back a big chunk of time that I used to spend on creating and distributing Board packs. Our organisation has now also implemented BoardPro for our committees and to have one software for all meetings is time saving and has given our Directors only one place to go for all things Governance. I also need to mention the outstanding customer serve BoardPro is providing. You always get quick answers and solutions to any queries and problems you may have.

Pros

This product is extremely easy to use both for the Directors and Administrators and has all the essential features without over complicating things. The attonation feature is excellent as well as building the Agenda and taking Minutes is very seamless.

Cons

It would be good if the Index page could be an optional feature as it adds more pages to the Board Pack.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

I immediately liked the layout and the features of BoardPro. The software t felt really intuitive, and I could see that it would also work for our busy Directors as minimal training was required. As a not for profit organisation the cost was also a factor as BoardPro seemed be really good value for money.

Neil

Board management solution that not only removes stress but adds real quality to governance

BoardPro helps me use my time more efficiently in preparation of Board meetings. Whereas our Board Packs in the past consisted of a range of separate documents that were at times not easy to work through, Board Pro automatically compiles a single pack that follows the Agenda sequence, and has a contents page. The ease of pulling minutes and decisions of prior meetings into future meetings saves a lot of valuable time, and helps us ensure that we do not miss important actions. Overall, our governance has developed significantly through just using BoardPro as our meeting platform.

Pros

Easy to use features, like using agenda templates, automatically adding due decisions, easy edits. Time-saving features - click through options for common tasks. Professional looking documents, and help provided to prepare documents. Secure storage of meeting and governance documents in a logical structure and single location. Ability to access meeting documents online or have it emailed to members. Very affordable pricing for a non-profit organisation.

Cons

Getting used to terminology (like 'roll back') and what it means. No ability for members to edit meeting documents collaboratively.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Fantastic cost discount for a non-profit organisation. Familiarity of current Board members with BoardPro. Use of BoardPro by other hockey and sports boards, and positive references received.

Reasons for switching to Boardpro

We had security concerns over Dropbox as a Board management tool. Documents were stored in a somewhat effective file tree, but still consisted as a series of individual documents for a Board meeting, which made preparation for members difficult at times. We needed a solution that was easy to use, offered a single storage location that was secure, and helped us prepare more professional board documents. BoardPro ticked all of those boxes.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Neil, thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a comprehensive review for BoardPro. Much appreciated. The BoardPro Team

Replied November 2020

Simba

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Usability of Boardpro

I am still on trail

Pros

It is Easy to use and Its user friendly

Cons

It needs good internet connectivity and power

Rosa

July 2022

Easy to use and streamlines processes

We have greatly reduced the time spent assembling meeting packs, and allowed better transferability across the team where one person understood the complex manual process previously. Correcting minor errors is now much simpler, and the automatic reminders for actions increase the likelihood of actions being completed on time.

Pros

It is easy to set up, finesse and publish meeting packs, with the whole secretariat able to work collaboratively on this process. Updates are simple to make even after the pack is published, and users can choose whether to view and mark up online or print.

Cons

We were disappointed that meeting invitations aren't yet fully integrated with Outlook. The extra step required for users to click on the .ics attachment, and the lack of visibility of nuanced responses (e.g. messages included in responses, and tentative responses) meant we have had to continue setting up meeting appointments manually, rather than managing these from BoardPro.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

It achieved more of our goals and was better value for money

john

August 2022

Does what it says

Its been very good

Pros

Straight forward system and to date had no privacy concerns which is very important

Cons

Figuring out additional features and what value they actually provide

Reasons for switching to Boardpro

To ensure we had a tailored board platform with better security controls

Mike

Industry: Biotechnology

Ease of use paramount

Our experience has been very good. We needed a straightforward product that was usable by non-IT people, and this fitted the requirements well.

Pros

Boardpro is very easy for those who prepare board meetings and for board members to use. The interface is clear and uncluttered. It was easy to set up.

Cons

We have no issues with any aspect of BoardPro.

Mahue

Board Pro newbie

Enjoying it so far , uploading and storing is easy to do, setting up monthly calendar invites etc and action registers are great to remind members of tasks. Easy to check back through the months to find minutes as required. Saves a lot of admin time

Pros

Easy features to use, information chronological so easy to find, can store additional information as required.

Cons

Members accepting links to access, navigating the minutes pre- draft and adding on action plans checking if emails are received.

Mandy

August 2022

Does what it says it will do

When I joined this organisation I recommended BoardPro to manage the monthly Board Meetings as am a previous user and have been impressed with the performance BoardPro.

Pros

Straight forward to implement and does what it says it will do without breaking the bank from a cost perspective.

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, as mentioned above Boardpro does what is says it will do

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Cost was a factor, as was being a NZ company, plus my previous experience with this has always been positive.

Board Pro Review - Not-For-Profit

Excellent - it just works exactly as it says it does!

Pros

We can now update and publish Board Papers for Directors & Management seamlessly without cutting down more trees to print hard copies! The ability for everyone to annotate papers on their own devices - tablet, laptop, mobile - gives us all the flexibility that we need. We absolutely love the ability to preview documents with just one or two recipients before publishing to a wider group - overall, it's significantly reduced our time to put Board Papers together!

Cons

Sharing annotated notes among sub-groups may prove useful for us moving forward (e.g. Board or Management Committees).

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Best NFP fit for our organisation's needs in terms of features and pricing - NZ owned & operated was BIG plus factor too for us in terms of local support! (NB My disclaimer is that I know [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of BoardPro's Governance Practice Advisory Board Members very well, having previously served on a Tech Start-Up Board with him.)

Response from BoardPro

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to complete a comprehensive review. The 'notes sharing' function is on our roadmap. Regards The BoardPro team

Replied October 2020

Bronwyn

Industry: Think Tanks

Cost effective administration

After years of struggling with minute takers, document control and administrative systems in various governance endeavours, I have now seen BP implemented in 4 organisations, all with great sighs of relief. One document source for master copies, one site for archiving papers and minutes and one system for minute taking. Controlled, secure, easy.

Pros

BP is an effective affordable tool for Board administration.

Cons

Convincing other board members that a software program would not be difficult to use.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

My organisational experience is mostly NFPs and cost was a major consideration.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Bronwyn, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate it. Regards The BoardPro team

Replied September 2020

Riwka

September 2022

Great board communication and document management platform

I found the on-boarding for Boardpro extremely intuitive and easy. Menu layouts are clear and appropriate. With other products used I found myself downloading board packs as I did not trust the online system to work effectively and experienced many administrative hiccups leading to frustration. Not so with Boardpro where I simply do not need to keep local files of board related documentation as it's all captured beautifully, securely and is easy to retrieve.

Pros

I love the layout of documents with adequate spacing and easy to follow actions and sequencing with complex documentation. Tracking all the necessities of boards including calendar and meeting management, this product is seamless and super simple to use. Having used other platforms, Boardpro is easily the best one I have used to date.

Cons

No negatives from this user perspective!

Geoff

BoardPro for a seed stage hi-groth startup

We would be significantly worse off without BoardPro. Our Board management would be cumbersome and inefficient. We cant afford that, however neither can we afford to be 'loose' in management of the Governance processes for the business. BoardPro gives us a cost-effective solution. It has bvecome an essential part nof our business operating system.

Pros

We have fond BoardPro to be an excellent way of centrally managing the entire Board and Governance process. We have distributed Directors and started as a very small exec team. Because we were planning an additiona capital raise it was important that the governance process was disciplined and well documented. BoardPro has achieved this and impressed our Directors, the legal teams involved and our American VC's as well. Fair to say that we rely on BoardPro to manage this aspect of the business completely.

Cons

BoardPro works very well as is. It will also benefit from ongoing feature development. Specifically we would like better calendar control and additional registers maintained by the system (beyond the register of interests). BoardPro maintain an active, user driven feature request process and both these are on the list. BoardPro sits as a stand alone tool within our business. Its capabilities overlap with other tools (share registry management) so we are careful about document storage and other areas wher eit is possible to create multiple versions of the truth.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Other products were to complex and too expensive for our use case. Diligent was clearly not intended for the smaller startup style business. It was difficult to even understand its basic operating methodology.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Geoff, thanks for taking the time to complete such an extensive review for us. We have passed your comments back to marketing and also the product development team. It's really a great feeling to be a part of the success of Portainer.io. . All the very best for your business. Regards The BoardPro team

Replied May 2021

Sandy

We set up a number of new subcommittees this year so lots more agendas and meetings. Yay BoardPro.

Pros

The time saved and the ease of preparing agendas and minutes. And a system to keep track of the actions is great. We used to do all of that manually so we're streets ahead of where we were. We set up 4 new subcommittees this year so having BoardPro has been hugely helpful. Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems but those are steadily being worked through. I find that I don't need to get in touch with the Help Desk as often and clearly things are working well for us. Another great BoardPro feature is the ability to access it so readily from any of your electronic devices and from any location. I’m an administrator so I can complete an agenda at work or at home and, later, access the minutes to work on and simply pick up from where I left off. And my colleagues can be working on it at the same time too.

Cons

Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems, but I have to say those are steadily being worked through. I still get frustrated that there's no Undo button when I'm typing the minutes straight into BoardPro - I've lost work several times due to hitting the wrong area of the touch pad, which is a real pain. Ultimately, its important that our governors are happy with the software. They readily express their frustrations if they're unhappy, e.g. the page numbering in the board packs - the minutes have one set of numbering and the board packs have another. They also get confused about the different action points lists - in a board pack, there's a list of actions raised in the meeting at the end of the previous minutes (very useful). Then there's a list of actions reviewed in this meeting, plus an Action Item List. I don't clearly understand the distinction and if I'm not clear then I can't explain it and the governors start talking about other software options. That's not in my interest as I've invested lots of time and effort in getting BoardPro to work for us. For me, the action item reminders to owners are great. Because owners don't always react to their actions, (tongue in cheek), it would be good if it incorporated a graphic like a time bomb going off under a chair. That might prompt people to update/action their actions! :)

Response from BoardPro

HI Sandy, thanks so much for your considered feedback. I sent your feedback to our COO who will discuss with the team.

Replied June 2019

Daryl

Using BoardPro

BoardPro has reduced the time it used to take for me to compile meeting agendas. I can build agendas through the month and load relevant papers as they come to hand. Access to documentation by Board members is much easier. The decision register is very useful as it is no longer kept in a separate database programme. Also the interest register is in the same programme as other board information.

Pros

I compile agendas for several companies, committees and a trust. Using BoardPro has reduced the time these processes have taken significantly because the names of those who will be expected at the meeting are already available and so is my template for the meeting agendas. It is very easy to make changes as necessary. The Trustees, Directors and Committee members like the notification process that advises them when meeting papers are ready for them to view and when they have actions to complete. I also like that support from BoardPro is available quickly and ideas that users have to improve the features of the product are invited, considered and often implemented so that we all gain the benefit of better board papers.

Cons

Nothing really. A challenge can be that the programme is cloud based, so if access to the Internet is interrupted getting to the board papers can be difficult. Consequently, I always have a hard copy of the agenda available at each meeting and a way in which to record minutes that does not rely on the cloud. I have been using BoardPro for just over a year now and so far have only needed to employ my alternative method once.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Daryl, Thanks for your great feedback. We do have a companion IOS application for the iPad which you can download for free at the Apple store. I hope that helps. Regards Sean McDonald

Replied June 2019

Good governance enabler

Has made role as Chair so much simpler and meeting management more effective. Boardpro (the team) really responsive to queries, and the response is rapid. This also makes Boardpro a standout. I'm careful about recommending stuff to people, but I do mentoring on governance for not for profit organisations. I have no hesitation in advising them to get on to Boardpro. Not for profits are really reluctant to invest in overheads, but there is real value in the productivity gain in investing in this software. In my view, it also makes life easier for volunteer trustees, who deserve having their lives made easier given their freely-given time from busy lives.

Pros

Well thought through and designed. Provides a structured way to get information in front of Board members. Able to store Board files, and to search previous meeting documentation and decisions. Great automated task tracker, and terrific job of managing minutes. Ability to annotate papers useful, esp if using tablet or touch screen.

Cons

Search facility seems a bit hit and miss - does not seem to find documents unless title expressed accurately and in full.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Diligent Boards appeared to be geared to large for profit organisations, and appeared to assume that all organisations have deep pockets. Alas, that is not true for not for profits.

Response from BoardPro

Hello John, Thanks for your comprehensive review and thanks again for joining the BoardPro family of users around the world. Regards The BoardPro team

Replied July 2020

Holly

May 2022

Intuitive affordable and brilliant Board management platform

I love BoardPro and highly recommend it to others looking for an easy to use, affordable, and robust Board platform. The few times I've needed help, the customer service team is the best I've ever worked with...not just for Board platforms either.

Pros

I love BoardPro! It's so nice to have a centralised place for our Board to access their agendas, board papers, calendar appointments, links for digital meetings, interest register, etc. As the Board secretary I found it easy to navigate and figure out on my own (although their customer service is the best I've ever received for any online platform I've used...not just in the board platform space either!). Taking minutes is easy, recording decisions and assigning actions is a breeze - and if I make a mistake, the roll back minutes feature is brilliant as I can roll back to a previous save point. We looked at several other Board platform options and the price point is very affordable in comparison. We've now expanded to include some of our sub-committees and it's a great feature to have access to.

Cons

The only branding item our comms team has asked for is to be able to upload our brand font so that PDFs that are exported are in our font - but that's not a huge priority for us. The functionality for the Board and myself (Board secretary) is so impressive.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Free trial, easy to use, affordable, offered the features we were looking for, and customer service is the best I've ever worked with!

Jen

BoardPro - a must have for all boards

The team were super effective without being intrusive. They offered support and were very accommodating . The product itself is sleek, simple and logical - navigation is easy even for those not familiar with technology.

Pros

The administration and compliance efficiency takes the worry and stress away from boards. It provides clear governance good practice in a secure environment.

Cons

There is nothing I don't love about this software. I am looking forward to new feature enhancements that will only add to even greater efficiency.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Firstly, the team they were super helpful, Secondly the product was so easy to use sleek looking (which made people want to use it) and thirdly the price was much more affordable for my smaller boards.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Jen, Thanks for your great review. It was great to see you enjoying the value from BoardPro. We have passed your kind words to the support team Regards The BoardPro Team

Replied December 2019

Michelle

Industry: Philanthropy

BoardPro wins us over

We have reduced our Board Meeting preparation hours by about 40 hours and we no longer have to rush to get documents and PDFs completed for printing and posting. Board Meeting documents are prepared and uploaded weeks in advance and we are much better organised. Visibly of outstanding tasks is greater and ownership for a complete process is easier to assign.

Pros

We no longer use Sharepoint for managing grant application documents. We don't have to use other subscription applications to create PDF's of sensitive documents and these no longer have to be emailed around. We have stopped printing and posting/delivering massive Board Packs.

Cons

The action item functionality could do with a bit of enhancement. There is no group management of a task, the action item in 1 of 4 statuses and there is no workflow associated with it. It would be good to be able to use BoardPro to track communications around action items.

Way too much effort.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Michelle, It was a real pleasure to receive and read your review. Thank you. We have passed on your comment to the product team. Regards The BoardPro team

Replied June 2020

Marian

BoardPro Review

BoardPro has provided our organisation (consisting of several entities) to have a consistent approach and format with the management of minutes. I cannot stress enough the ability to have a one stop shop that allows for committee to have ease of access when and where required.

Pros

One stop shop. The ability to store all associated meeting documents and policies in one location. Ease of use from an auditing perspective. Ease of dragging in documents to add to the meeting agenda. The save function as minutes are taken. Capability of inviting guests to specific meetings. Being able to send out notifications to the committee members within the application, provision of action item reports and emailing these directly from within boardpro, receiving an email with the link for ease of access to the board pack. Ease of adjusting the agenda items and cloning being a time saver. Able to access from any location including the utilization of the app on smart devices.

Cons

Overall the product provides and meets our business requirements adequately. The only thing that I really need to add is that the board pack view alters to the view / layout compared to what the minute taker sees and can at times be a little confusing.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Other members had experienced Board Effects as participants and directors of other boards. In comparison, BoardPro proved to be much easier to manage.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Marian, Thanks for your considered feedback. Regards The BoardPro Team

Replied June 2020

Josie

Streamlined and Enhanced Accountabilitly

Overall Boardpro has been a hugely positive addition to the way we operate as an organisation. It has saved time but more importantly it has enhanced the engagement of the board with the information being sent. It has also reduced the paper waste.

Pros

The consistent approach to agendas, minutes and actions has made our meetings more successful. It has enhanced particularly the ability of the board to track actions, ensure minutes are approved, and ensure that we differentiate between decisions, notes, actions - when before they were sometimes confused. I really love that the board members get reminded to do their 'tasks' so that this is no longer a nag from the CEO (rather a nag from Board pro). It is also really helpful that all the documents are in one place, and on the cloud - so if a board member is joining the meeting from overseas it is no problem.

Cons

There are a few minor things like the fact that only one person can own an action - when often in our organisation there are multiple owners of actions. I also don't like that we can't back-date when an action has been completed - sometimes we forget to mark the actions as done so when we get around to it the date is not accurate (so not such a good audit trail of actions because of this). AS I say, minor.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Josie, Thanks for your comprehensive feedback. Our roadmap does include enhancements to BoardPro actions. Great to see the value we bring to your processes and people. Regards Sean McDonald

Replied November 2019

Peter

Simple, efficient – where were you 20 years ago!?

I came on board to take a small not-for-profit and expand it nationally. Board Pro instantly solved what could have been weeks of designing a governance system. Each month we save hours of administrative work.

Pros

Board Pro replicates the board governance process that I have used for years. Everything in one place, board packets are easy to produce and modify. Board members are able to use the files as they wish – online or download the PDF. I love the fact that the formatting is automated. Board Pro saves at least four hours of administration time setting up the board packet. The price point makes it easy to decide to go with the software. It is without peer.

Cons

Small and responsive, the team at Board Pro seemed to anticipate any improvements I could ask for. Impressively, they routinely ask for feedback and ideas.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

the personalised service and contact eclipsed everything else. Friendly, reliable, responsive, a great value-price point.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Peter, thanks for your great review and feedback. It's great to see the amount of time we are saving you each month. Regards The BoardPro Team

Replied January 2021

Geoff

On Cloud 9 thanks to BoardPro

Before we bought into BoardPro we had large monthly Board Books that not only consumed time and paper but were inflexible once published. The ease of creating, updating , and minuting meetings on-line is a liberation for the GM. Board Members no longer need to tote books around the country and refer to additional sheets of paper. They can annotate their meeting papers on screen and arrive at the meeting with everything they need and all actions completed thanks to the Action Items auto email reminders.

Pros

Using BoardPro is easy and intuitive to use but when you do hit a brick wall the comprehensive 'help' articles solve most problems. Beyond self help, the chat-line is so prompt and effective that it should be held up as THE bench mark for customer service - it's friendly, nimble and one of the team will even call you if you are really stuck.

Cons

The inflexibility of drop down dialogue boxes means that they get in the way when you need to see something that they are blocking - drag and drop would be a great addition.

Reasons for choosing Boardpro

Being an NZ Start-up was an attraction and its advantageous NFP pricing structure was a crucial decider.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Geoff, Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it was great to see your comment "THE benchmark for customer service". Thanks again Sean McDonald

Replied October 2019