• Pros

• "What I like mostly is how their tools are designed, with the great variety of icons, as well as how workflow can be validated. "

• "A good automation tool for the workers with not much prior knowledge in programming"

• "the software has a lot of functions to introduce new users to this type of software, having a free option it's a great choice for people starting or students "

• Cons

• "It´s private. Therefore, it is not convenient to acquire it if you are only going to design processes."

• "It needs a proper native Business Rules Manager System, but you can connect the flavor you want (like Drools)."

• "the software can be a little counter intuitive and hard to figure out at times"

Browse Bonita Reviews

Daniel from SOAINT

Bonita. tool to make the BPM a marvel.

Pros

Bonita Software, a great tool to manage automated business processes. I used it frequently to practice and I loved it. It has features that help make the implementation of the process easier and lighter.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow in the process load, more than anything in the design stage. Little space for personalization, should be taken into account.

Jose Miguel from BIRD Consultores S.A. de C.V.

Bonita, BPM for the rest of us.

Pros

I like the most its way the BPM is structured, let me explain: - With Bonita, you have a clear difference between BPM data and Business data. - The Business data is garbage free using Contrats to set constrains. This way, the UI will never add invalid data to the Database. - All the process deployments are web based, and you don't have to touch your Jboss or Tomcat to deploy. - You can connect Bonita almost with everything using Connectors, which are small java jars... - Or you can connect other Applications to Bonita using its Rest API or Java API. - UI Designer is out of this world: WYSIWYG drag and drop web development, Javascript, AngularJS. Great Looks and functionality, easy to develop.

Reasons for Choosing Bonita

The value of Bonita is way better in price, performance and functionality. It is easier for our Developers to learn. Also, you can Develop much faster with Bonita.

Fábio from SERPRO

Bonita Does It Beautifully

Bonita just made sense. The more you learn and put it to use the more you seems to be working with nothing because it works as intended. It is not that the piece has no problems. It does, as any software nowadays does. Sometimes you need to wait for a patch to come out and sometimes you just have to find and alternate ways of doing things but you never left at a dead end. The heavy IDE makes thing slugish at times but once it is deployed, the workflow processes are a rocket.

Pros

Bonita Open Solution (BOS) is a BPMS open source software. BOS has a very straightforward life-cycle: Setup server, setup developer's workstation, build workflow and deploy right from developer's station. Serverside-wise, BOS is a Java Web Application Server which means it has a pletora of deploy and configuration options like built-in scalability and security. Since it is Java, it has no limit to on what OS it can be placed. On the developer side it has a customized Eclipse IDE where one draws workflows and configure most of its details as well as its user-facing-UX. It has an close to infinite list of integration options, ranging from databases (anyone that has a JDBC driver) up to SAP and (almost) everything else (SugarCRM, Salesforce, LDAP, Active Directory and even Twitter, besides having connectors to HTTP, FTP, SMTP - all with or without SSL et al.) The workflow implementation has 100% compatibility with BPMN2 and since there is this infinite-and-growing list of connectors you cancreate processes that integrates with virtually anything. And if you cannot do what you want with it out-of-the box, since it is open source, you can tweak anyway you like it., Its commercial version has more ease-of-use but both perform the same (no crippleware.) Simulation capability comes with commercial version but you can run manually developed tests in the community version. Vibrant, active community, widely adopted by companies of every size, excellent cost-benefit ratio. :-)

Cons

Once you learn how to use it BOS is almost flawless. The thing I like it less is the Eclipse-based IDE for its heavy footprint. Although it is quite complete and easy to use, it needs a above-average desktop station to power it.

Reasons for Choosing Bonita

I choosed BOS because I compared it to several options and it was hands down the best one. BOS is easier to use and deploy and had lots and lots more of options and resources. Once you get to understand what BOS is about (easily building and fast running of BPMN2 workflows) you start to realise the limitation in its competition (some are criptic to understand, some are limited to its own connections and have no way to exand beyond that, some are slow and so on.) For instance a decisive feature was to hide it entirely making it part of a larger system. With BOS it was trivial. Some simply could not do that and most others required difficult to use APIs. That's it. I choose BOS because it is da bomb.

Marshall from Leidos

Open Source versus Commercial

We have been using your open source product for the past 3 months or so. We are very likely to continue using your open source product. I fully understand the commercial aspects of business, as I have been in this business for over 40 years, so that is not the issue. We would be very happy to contribute to your product in code, examples, and large implementations. We also could advertise your product in the healthcare industry along side our product that is presented throughout the world in healthcare shows. We have an open source offering (i.e. messaging framework) and we are using BonitaBPM as our business modelling tool. We have successfully used your product and created front-end web interfaces. Your product provides our Business Analysts the ability they have always wanted but were unable to achieve with out your solution, to close the gap between business knowledge and the developers. Our issue is we were told to not ask questions of your support persons, as we are not using your commercial offering. We have a healthcare messaging framework that requires vast numbers of business requirements that we have modelled in BonitaBPM and used the output as our web interface. I would like to think we have common ground between our organizations that would provide mutual benefit. We, Leidos, are a 23,000 person firm. We are an organization that has been providing healthcare solutions sense 1965 and we have a very strong reputation in US government and international healthcare. I would think we might be able to aid one another in our efforts. We have able to apply the original technical information we received from your staff and gained additional information and understanding as own development team members dug through your product code base. If you would like to discuss this further please let me know.

November 2012

Sean from Gubernare PLC

November 2012

Excellent Product - just minor Issues

We love the product, but as with all things there are frustrations especially in the early days, our people have been learning and moving forward two - three steps and then somethng comes along and you have to take a quick one backwards. This is one product that will go forward and I believe will become the standard to compete with. I just wish support would be easier for the open community. I will be reporting back over time on findings, regards

Pros

It is wonderfully easy to use. BPMN 2.0 support is a great positive. Process design is easy though the need for connectors (background activities (AKA Database access etc.)) is great.

Cons

Open Support is down to the community and it can be slow to get a response. Groovy and JAVA knowledge are an absolute requirement. Initial documentation is easy to follow but, once you've done that, drys up quickly. We would like to see a proper developers user manual, one that is truely capable of showing off the product. I personaly hate Wiki's, they just don't do it for me. Training is expensive! Nothing more to say on that subject.

Maryorie Nataly from Universidad Metropolitana

I used Bonita soft in project where we need to design process from a research centre areas,workflow.

Cons

Good tool for development in BPMN

Good development interface, allowed the business to grow in a short time and the development of the BPMN processes met the expectations of the final users

Pros

It is a tool that allows you to modify business processes in a simple and graphical way, easy for the use of development in BPMN

Cons

The BPM engine is a java api that is not very adaptable in business applications of high demand, learning is not very simple but the user ineration meets in a small percentage business expectations.

September 2015

Brad from SCDHHS

September 2015

Needed a BPM Tool for workflow applications

I was tasked with finding a BPM product to develop workflow applications. I evaluated three, of which BonitaSoft was one. Compared with the other products, Bonita was the easiest to understand and develop with. Our organization wanted to customize the forms, and Bonita was the easiest to accomplish that with.

Joe from Home Builder Consulting Services

May 2015

Create custom workflows for homebuilders

Pros: Ease of use. Easy to learn. Good documentation. Cons: Not many users are using it for residential construction processes.

Kathy from Marzetti

I like Bonita.....

I think that some functions are explained away too quickly, (specific actors, sending emails, creating your own group), but I the software does the job, in a rather short time frame. Thank you for having an awesome customer service even for the "Community" version.

Shiva from ifox

great product

easy to install and use product that is a must for BPM

Mursina from South Eastern University of Sri Lanka

Bonita review

We are developing a draft of course automation which is in progress but unfortunately the work is going on with load of hard disk.

Pros

Cons

Heavy load on laptop which can be stop other softwares running on the machine

Phil from Snow College

May 2015

Good product, but needs more community support

I am new to BonitaSoft. I have gone through the 3-hour online webinar, and the tool has lots of promise. However, we are not in a position as an institution to spend $20k a year on it. So if we want to use it, we must at least start with the community edition. That being said, it doesn't seem like a very active community. I think if you released an open-source ldap authentication module, you might spark more activity in the open source version, which would lead to more adoption of the commercial version

Paula from University of Costa Rica

Bonitasoft as a student

many tutorials are available online to help out in case you get stuck, very useful.

Pros

Cons

the software can be a little counter intuitive and hard to figure out at times

Griff from The Trading Post

Excellent

Does exactly as advertised, refreshing indeed