All Caspio Reviews

No Coding but Can do so much more

Industry: Semiconductors

June 2022

Easy-to-create, low-code apps

Pros

It stands out for the wide variety of functions it offers and the possibility of creating fully customized applications without code. It has a very rich and integrated online database. It is ideal for medium-sized databases. Allows you to code business workflows. Records the time from start to finish of each task.

Cons

For new users it can be a bit difficult to manage its diversity of functions.

Response from Caspio

Hi David! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Replied June 2022

Eric

Caspio - create powerful web applications with little to no coding.

We collect data from a variety of customers and generate benchmarking analysis. We used Caspio to not only collect the data and manage the data process, but also have created a management backend to control our internal processed to create custom reports. The workflow capability automates a lot of work for us which has improved our productivity (for example, automatically sending status reports for review).

Pros

If you have a group of Access gurus, you can master Caspio. The applications allows you to take your database applications online very easily, but also provides a high degree of customization (using JavaScript, CSS, and HTML) to build full applications. We replaced manual, inefficient processes with online workflow-enabled applications in very little time.

Cons

There are very few features that I do NOT like. This is just a great application and we have used it to automate our remote processes, collecting data online and the management portals to run our business.

Reasons for switching to Caspio

Using Access was fine for the data analysis portion of our business, but we still needed to have data collection and management capabilities, which were manual processes. By using Caspio, we were able to automate those processes and create a professional web portal for our clients.

Response from Caspio

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you've significantly improved your productivity with Caspio. If you have any features you want us to include in the next releases, feel free to add it to our Ideabox: https://casp.io/3rd0tmK

Replied December 2021

February 2022

Nearly impossible to cancel subscription

For the first few months, when I solely utilized the features.

Pros

It's very fast to deploy. If all your doing is entering forms and displaying that data without much customization to the styling or format, it works decently.

Cons

The platform is much more limited than they would make you think via the marketing. The majority of features I wanted to implement required workarounds that caused a lot of issues with CSS and javascript conflicting with other parts of websites. After spending close to 100 hundreds trying to get workarounds functioning properly I decided to attempt to cancel the subscription, and then was told that they would not stop the recurring billing due to their terms which is not very obvious when signing up. Overall I would not recommend utilizing this product really at all, not because it's not functional, but because the company policies and management is terrible.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

Mainly capabilities and pricing. It was cheaper than other alternates and it could be whitelabeled.

Response from Caspio

Hi Chris! We hold our team to the highest standards and regret that we didn't meet those expectations. We try to be as transparent as we can about our cancellation policies. We'll consider this feedback as we continuously try to improve the evaluation process for new users. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Replied May 2022

İbrahim

October 2022

Caspio Review

Pros

Form entry screens allow you to create reports and applications without programming. You can quickly bring your ideas to life. Like Quickbase, it has a database-based approach. Unlike Quickbase, we can create different form login screens. It offers more flexible features for creating reports, forms and graphs.

Cons

Because it is not model-based, it may not be suitable for your business if you have complex business rules. But other than that, it will see you more than enough for all your needs.

Karen

Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!

A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.

Pros

I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.

Cons

Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

Cost and ease of maintenance -- I am helping organizations build software which they maintain, despite not having programmers on staff. This primarily works not only due to the high quality product but the pricing model. The fact that Caspio is priced by datapage and functionality and not user seats keeps the ongoing cost low, making it affordable for smaller organizations.

Eva

July 2022

Great Product and Easy to Use

Overall, I have been extremely happy with Caspio. There is a lot of information in the form of videos and articles to help learn how to use the software. Also, their customer service is very responsive and has been able to help me with any issues I have had along the way.

Pros

The Caspio platform was easy to use and I was able to get an application started within a week of learning the software. Their customer service is great and very willing to help with any issues I had.

Cons

It was a little difficult to figure out how to get the app onto a website. I am not trained in coding, so I had to learn how to do a lot of things to get the app to work exactly the way I wanted it to.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

I chose Caspio because of the customer service. The Zoho rep did not even get back to me until long after I had already contracted with Caspio. Not knowing how I would like either product, I had to go with one that would be there for me when I needed help. Caspio proved to be that product.

Reasons for switching to Caspio

I switched from Access because I wanted to move to an online solution to give more accessibility to all of our employees. I was also looking for a database app that other members of my company could use if they wanted to create a database.

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Eva!

Replied August 2022

Isam

Industry: Sporting Goods

June 2022

Caspio No Code Review

Amazing and perfect

Pros

Feature to Include HTML/CSS Coding to the DATAPAGES

Cons

There is not a standout feature that we dislike, Caspio is strong and fully flexible.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

The comparisons were basic and did not satisfy our needs

Response from Caspio

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Isam! This made our day.

Replied July 2022

Pusit

Excellent features, Superb support

For more than three years with Caspio we don't have a major complaint in any area. I would give six stars for the support. Often we need urgent support while we are working from different time zones, there is always someone (real human not a bot) standby to answer our urgent questions. Regarding features, Caspio always keeps us exciting with their regular updates and new out-of-the-box features.

Pros

Features: Caspio has almost everything we require to complete business solution applications. Pricing Model: Clear and competitive pricing model. There are even more plans released lately. Support: Superb! Always someone's there, in the online support section. All tickets are handled in a short time. Respect user privacy, asking for permission before the support gets in the sensitive area with the "User Login Support".

Cons

Options for style and GUI. They are too plain (even they look professional) and simple, not bad but not so fancy. This is the comment from users. However, it's customizable but required extra work.

December 2022

Good product for the money

If you have some stuff that you need to take care of and you're not too picky about how it looks on the way there, this is a good platform. If you have a really high bar for user experience, this may not be the right choice.

Pros

The price is good and the support team is readily available to help. The benefits of low code are here and apparent in the speed to market.

Cons

Styling is painful. Like most low-code options, this tool is great if your use case matches their intended use, but if you push beyond the designed intention, it gets ugly fast.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

more customizable than off the shelf SaaS

Philippe

Industry: Legislative Office

January 2023

Complete software

Pros

Complete software it is easy to use, has all useful features and rather fast.Dataviews can be purchased at a low price.

Cons

Often it is difficult to embed it in your website and to make it compatible with mobiles.

Broc

Industry: Printing

Learning curve, but a great and powerful software.

Caspio is an ongoing experience for my team so far. We have been happy with the massive potential that it can bring to our business as we strive to automate our processes and convert our operations to a mostly digital model.

Pros

Caspio is like a decked out tool-belt. A huge pro is the variety of features and abilities that the software gives the developer. Similarly, the customer support and library of helpful resources is not lacking whatsoever.

Cons

I was under the impression that Caspio is a "no-code" software solution, however I must have misunderstood because I have learned that it is most likely a "low-code" solution for a vast majority of use cases. Basic functions are certainly no-code, but most companies are not using Caspio for the basic functions, I imagine. Because of this, there has been a semi-steep learning curve for me personally. I would consider myself technologically adept, but I do not have even a ground level knowledge base of Java script or html language.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

Caspio seemed to allow a level of personalization/flexibility that we were not sure Kintone would allow. With this comes more of a learning curve as the "guard-rails" are further apart so-to-speak.

Dominique

Living in the low-code age

There is no doubt that Caspio allows you to create robust cloud applications very fast. As we have now entered the age of low-code and that the opportunity to have SaaS systems, that used to be reserved to large enterprise and government bodies, is now reachable to man small to medium size enterprises. In this respect, Caspio has played out an important and critical role by offering a reasonably priced and powerful platform to them.

Pros

Caspio is a very flexible tool for creating and maintaining SaaS systems for your company or for your customers. You need a basic understanding of relational database and how to work with them. Once you are there then, maybe after a few hours, you are ready to go. Everything else when it comes to creating queries and views, unless you want to create something unusual, is straight forward. Designing datapages is also quite easy and only requires a minimum of learning time. Publishing the datapages on your website is also excellent as Caspio offers different options for achieving it, depending on what web publishing tool you are using.

Cons

As we are doing solution prototypes using MS Access, we tend to upload the application database into Caspio to speed up the process when implementing a solution. The drawback with this method is that although we can upload tables and data, we cannot upload views. This is mostly due to the fact that Caspio does not handle views in the same way as MS Access, in fact not allowing a few functionalities such as calculated fields. Caspio, over the last few years, has come up with means of addressing this shortcoming by adding extra functionalities in database management.

Gordon

Extremely Useful Resource

We use Caspio to help distribute data, to inform stakeholders, to allow users to narrow results and answer their questions, and to hopefully allow for a stronger understanding of what we do (our business plan) and how we do that (our business model). Ultimately, as a public research university's academic program, we need to provide transparency and accountability.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to develop skills within and while using the software. Online tutorials (including YouTube videos/projects) are very helpful.

Cons

Some of the definitions for associations between fields (e.g., cascading listbox...) can at first leave a new user uncertain about how the form or data-page will function.

Reasons for choosing Caspio

About 8 or 9 years ago I noticed in fine print, beneath an image of a database and infographic in an online newspaper article, the words "Powered by Caspio." There was also a link to the database. To build something that would provide data to the public or other stakeholders akin to this database, I was told by my IT team that my project would take them weeks to build. With higher priorities, my project would not be addressed in less than 1 year's time. So I went to look at Caspio again. For $35 I was then able to have something like 5 data-pages. In 5 minutes time I had the license, and in 30 minutes time I had uploaded my data from Excel, and had built a Query & Report environment that was on the internet for anyone I wanted to share the results with... I walked to the other end of the building, showed the results to my Director of Finance, and he was excited by the results. Over the years, our needs for Caspio have evolved, and Caspio has continued to allow for more features, control, & power. No code, low code... it allows one to advance and not district your IT from other priorities.

Joseph

Industry: Law Enforcement

A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support

My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me. I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it. I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Pros

First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Cons

I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

None