Browse Method Grid Reviews

Kate from Right Touch Residential Cleaning

Visually Document Your Business Systems

I am a visual learner and I like the way topics can be set up in Method Grid. It was also nice that there is a free version, because I am a small company and need to keep costs down.

Pros

Method Grid is the best software I have found to visualize and document systems/procedures. It is intuitive to use to get you started quickly, but is chock full of features if you want to get detailed for project management. They also seem to be adding features regularly. You can customize Method Grid with your business logo and color scheme.

Cons

I had difficulty figuring out how to collaborate with team members and found out I have to have the paid version to do this. After I contacted their customer service for help, the issue was resolved promptly.

Reasons for Choosing Method Grid

I signed up for Method Grid because I'm looking for an intuitive and easy way to document our procedures and systems. I have tried Teachable (but it works better for Training modules), Trello (which I like, but the cards feel too small for all the procedure information I want to convey), and Confluence (which almost worked, but was a bit too clunky to customize things).

Reasons for Switching to Method Grid

The cards in Trello felt too small for all of the procedure information I wanted to convey.

Kayleigh from Acritas

Industry: Market Research

Easy to use and manage, great service

I primarily use Method Grid for onboarding which makes the process streamlined and consistent, and also easy to update when things change in the company / training. They have been consistently communicative when setting up the system and proactive in requesting feedback on how to make the product better and more suited to particular needs.

Pros

The communication between myself and the company is 10/10, quick responses and always happy to hear new ideas on how they can better the product. Easy to set up, navigate and update and also aesthetically pleasing!

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about the software

Reasons for Choosing Method Grid

Same as above, easy to update and navigate and train new starters on

Reasons for Switching to Method Grid

Easy to navigate for new starters in the company

Saeed from THC

First time user of Method Grid

Pros

It is visually quite an easy program to learn and use

Cons

It did seem complex at first but after a few goes was easy to master

Geoffrey from Whippet Realty

What I've always wanted

To be able to standardize processes across multiple counties in grid format is what sold me. We're still developing other processes and learning the possibilities. Overall it's an intuitive and flexible tool.

Pros

I'm really enjoying the grid layout for customizing process steps going across the top for each county I work in, for each standardized step I have going down the left side. Very intuitive for my virtual assistants as they're able to keep the familiar work flow while working an county that needs attention. The flexibility to add multiple elements in a cell allows for what-ifs and dynamic work flows.

Cons

I haven't really found any major friction points yet. Everyone seems to like what they've seen so far.

Reasons for Choosing Method Grid

Boils down to the grid structure.

Reasons for Switching to Method Grid

More comprehensive workflow potential, better functionality, grids are better than plain kanban, the dashboard.

Sally from IHS

Easy to follow

The followup was good, lots of great features

Pros

We had very basic needs around sharing key information within a small team. This has given us what we need without having to buy, and there are paid features that may come in useful in the furtuer - for now this works well for us.

Cons

Only using the free version. The paid features would be really good but can't justify the cost (yet)for our basic level of need.

Free version

Reasons for Switching to Method Grid

the app wasn't user friendly. Not getting engagement from team. Information still hard to find

Lee from AECOM

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Review of Method Grid - a potential game changer if used to its potential

We are using Method Grid to capture key processes and methodology as well as using as an induction tool.

Pros

For a professional service business, methodology capture is critical. This is a unique product in this regard and has been developed to satisfy a genuine need for professional firms. It is based on a solid concept, easy to use, well designed and delivers significant value through proper use.

Cons

Nothing. The only point I would make is that the software is still being rapidly developed but this is a positive i.e. new features being added all the time. There isn't anything that I like least.

Neil from Alamex Ltd

The repeated done right

Pros

Intuitive and pleasing to the eye. For the tasks I delegate I can be sure they’re done right every time

Cons

Took a while to find all the features but support was great

Adaptable, Efficient, Logical.

Pros

MethodGrid is a logical platform that we have found multiple uses for, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are excellent in terms of their enthusiasm to see the platform used in as many different ways a possible and looking to develop helpful tools within the platform to increase its capabilities.

Cons

It can take a short while to get used to the way of working, or devising how the platform can help solve a particular issue within your organisation, however the right person, or a quick conversation with one of MethodGrid's team can usually point you in the right direction.

Callum from Provelio

PM's Perspective

Pros

Really easy to use and helps me understand processes and flows in what can be an overwhelming volume of information.

Cons

Navigating to the grid could be better - although that may be because we have a lot.

Aaron from Equiniti

Method Grid is a brilliant solution

Pros

Ease of use, great value for money and a solid solution for project management.

Cons

The solution is excellent and really easy to use, I would prefer it, if it did have a calendar function for content planning.

Andrew from Innovative Interfaces Inc

Team project's need better organization? Method grid is a solid choice!

Method Grid seems like a pretty solid tool for tracking projects between your team. I enjoy the simple look of it along with being able to make comments and updates for progress for my projects and tasks. It is fairly simple and easy to post comments and make updates to the projects you have. I don't need to spend a ton of time trying to figure out who is working on what or adding in comments. Its quick to use. I would like to see more customization's within method grid for cosmetics and functionality in the future. Method grid is what you make of it!

Pros

Simple and easy way to view every project everyone on your team has. Method Grid keeps it simple and pleasing to the eye. I like that you can provide links to elements as well. It is also nice that you can type comments and mention other user's in your group incase something needs their attention.

Cons

No way to zoom in and out the board so you can view everyone on your team's projects. At least I could not find a feature like this even in full screen mode. Could use some more customization features such as being able to select the colors for each grid and task. I also don't feel like I have a lot of customization options or control being a normal user.

Ivana from Selbey Anderson

Using Method Grid for customer on-boarding

I am satisfied and will continue using it

Pros

As a new user I love the fact that if you make a mistake it doesn't mean you broke the tool. All the videos I have watched before starting to use the product have been really helpful I find it relatively easy to use And I love that I can assign tasks to other team members

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like with the software yet. If this changes I'll make sure to contact Method Grid as their support so far has been great for us

Reasons for Choosing Method Grid

I was not involved in the process of choosing this product so I am not sure whether any other ones were being considered before we've decided to implement Method Grid

Ksenija from Sprout Business Solutions

Recommended for bootstrapping start ups

Really enjoyable way to do a boring Risk Assessment instead of the usual template style

Pros

user interface was a fun way to write a Risk assessment

Cons

It may be because I am using the free version, but found I would need to customise the final document in excel. Thats ok, if you are confident using excel

Reasons for Choosing Method Grid

I found method grid after a google search for Risk Management templates and have to say, having just completed one, really enjoyed the user interface and the excel download was awesome. Ill use it again and recommend it to other bootstrapping start ups. Took the pain out of doing a risk management plan and made it a lot more enjoyable. Good Job!

Rajan from Equiniti India Pvt Ltd

Very Flexible

Pros

Its very user friendly to access and understand the functionality.

Cons

To download the report from various grid

Rajesh from Liberty Steel Group

Industry: Mining & Metals

Category management

This incredibly changed the way of working for us and building strategy overall esp in category management and strategic sourcing and I must say superb

Pros

This is so simplified and structured where we are having clear idea to build strategies and it’s really helpful.

Cons

Currently I am not finding any issues so very much satisfied

Not applicable

Lewis from AECOM

User friendly and effective

MG was used in order to create an interactive induction tool for new starters, clearly laying out policy and procedure information. The grid formation ensured that info could be found very quickly by thd user.

Pros

User friendly interaction, ease of use and the ability to clearly lay out information.

Cons

Sometimes slow to run with a large grid loaded

ADITYA from Infosys

Good tool but could be more flexible

good

Pros

User friendly and systematic. It is easy to use and has pre defined steps.

Cons

in switching from one dialog mode of FUT testing to Development, it cannot be done by me and can only be done by the developer. So management will not know what is the current status

Harris from Central National Gottesman

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Lifesaving Help!

Pros

This software will more than likely allow for our entire organization to stay on track to reach goals and continue to organize itself in a user friendly manner

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike about the software

Janice from Janice Hostager, LLC.

It's like electronic sticky notes!

It's easier to organize big projects and so much easier to use than a spreadsheet.

Pros

I used Method Grid to replace poster board and sticky notes that I use to organize online courses. There are a lot of details to be worked out, and this allows ideas to be put up, changed around, deleted, etc. Best of all, I can share it with others to get their feedback and edits. Love it!

Cons

It took me some time to learn it, but otherwise it is easy to use.