• Pros

• "Easy ti implement, Easy to uilize, very intuitive interface"

• "It's great that it logs errors. And the grouping of errors is sometimes helpful."

• "It's very helpful for debugging and seeing errors in real time to quickly address."

• Cons

• "I love the free plan, but the next plan they offer is $30/mo. I wish there were more side-project-friendly pricing options. $30/mo for a project I host for free and is open source is a bit much."

• "Sometimes I feel something is going wrong with errors count but in general my experience is more than positive"

• "Support is a bit slow to respond, but after some initial lag they were helpful. A bit expensive"

Browse Rollbar Reviews

Volodymyr from UPTech Team

Robust reporting tool

Use this tool on one big project for all platforms (backend, web, mobile) and it is good enough to cover your needs in errors or debug info reporting. At the first glance it looks like it lacks features compared with other platforms, but after some time you understand that the product has everything you would need for successful project state monitoring.

Pros

Love the minimalistic UI, which keeps everything clear and understandable. Developers constantly add new features, like automatic events grouping, etc. Love to have all platforms on one Dashboard to look at reported error from different platforms point of view.

Cons

The quality of Android SDK isn't the top tier with not enough options for event reporting. Also had to so some adjustments for test suits, since in some cases the SDK wouldn't initialize correctly.

Jonathan from Kebume LLC

The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software

Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue. Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating. Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system. I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications. Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users. Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great: Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception. Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers. Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved

Niklas from Exposify

Rollbar has great value on the free plan

We use Rollbar free to debug our product errors. It is pretty easy to use and offers all the functionality we need to fix our production exceptions. The design is not always the greatest (you can see a Bootstrap template) but it does the job!

Pepijn from Bits of Love

Error tracking made easy

I have been using Rollbar for about 3 years now, and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. They have a ton of platform integrations, but I have only integrated this service in Android and PHP projects. For most programming languages, they have their own API, but this product seems to be so popular that people are even writing wrappers around the API for frameworks. Eg see https://github.com/jenssegers/laravel-rollbar I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially because they also have an 'always free' formula, which gives you the opportunity to try it out. Customer support is really decent, they're usually replying to your requests in 2 hours or less. And I'm not even in their timezone.

Pros

It's really easy to use, there's a ton of wrappers available for any programming language / framework, and they have an 'always free' formula, which I use for my personal projects

Cons

As with any online product, I don't like to pay :) But other than that, I can't say anything bad about it. And as I said, they have a free formula, which is great if you're just working on a small personal project

Thaine from OnCall Advisors

Error Logs Simplified

I'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help: Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug. Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for. Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors. I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!

Pros

Log Grouping Stacktrace with local variables Enivronment Separation

Cons

Something the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.

Alexander from Yii framework

Motivating time saver

Motivating time saver April 01, 2017 12:38 I'm a Rollbar user since the very beginning of the project. Before Rollbar I've switched a few ways of dealing with logs. First, I was just reading logs when needed with tail and getting a weekly batch of errors by email. That was OK for local development and tiny projects but for bigger deployments that were useless because the amount of data. Then I've found some offline log aggregation tools and these were OK but still required exporting logs, running these tools and checking results. Rollbar automates all that. You're getting a realtime picture of your errors. You can sort messages by the number of occurrences thus getting a good list to work on. Another fun part is how it charges you. The more errors you have the more you pay. Rollbar motivates you to fix things to pay less. At first, I've tried it in personal projects then in a huge commercial project that is already running for more than 7 years. Rollbar saved me hundreds of hours and I'm glad I've stumbled upon it back then.

Pros

Saves time. Usability. Features.

Cons

One in half a year there's a lag between sending an error and seeing it analyzed. Not a big issue though.

Alex from iPlan

Error monitoring done right

We're Rollbar customers for a about two years, moved to Rollbar after trying few other log aggregation services but none of them had features we needed or didn't deliver on their promise. We're using Ruby on Rails, integration was a breeze, started receiving error messages in less than 5 minutes. The interface is easy to use, live feed works great showing errors as they come up, resolving issues and tracking deploys flows works perfectly. Also I can't recall when Rollbar had downtime or a bug, yet we see new gem releases regularly. I wish other services we use had such a robust infrastructure as Rollbar do. Also I'd like to mention their exceptional support, with very quick responses from highly qualified agents that solve your problems spot on. With Rollbar tools we manage to resolve majority of the issues as they happen, before customers contact our support teams.

Pros

Uptime, easy to use api, live feed, rql, people tracking, exceptional support

Cons

Unified dashboard between projects would be great, but can be implemented with their api

Tung from UPTech Team

Get notified for issues

Pros

I like that it sends notifications if something goes wrong and your team can stay alert about it. It's pretty nice to know if something is down or something isn't working. We also use it to track custom events when some logic isn't behaving as expected. For example when server returns a new Key value that is not handled on client side.

Cons

The notifications customization is pretty hard and not clear. I tried to turn off some part but I couldn't do it only to myself. You (seems) can only turn it off for the "team". So I end up creating a filter in Gmail.

Amanda Josalene from Belk

Works fantastic for my business & our website!

Overall, Rollbar has worked great for my business and our website, and if any problems ever arise with the software, they have an excellent support team that responds quickly and accurately.

Pros

Rollbar was very easy to learn and to navigate, which was a massive plus. Having our own website programmed from the ground-up, it was crucial we had a software that detected and located any errors and/or bugs within our website so they could be fixed/eliminated. Rollbar provides real-time bug tracking, which saved us and our programmer LOADS of time as we located any issues quickly and prevented any possible website crashes/any unnecessary downtime.

Cons

I don't have any cons; Rollbar has helped us to the fullest extent.

M. Serhat from Computer Science Research and Application Center of OMU

Using to to monitor Rails apps

Pros

Free package comes with high limits, Github integration is satisfying, easy to setup and manage.

Cons

Honestly, nothing so far. Rollbar is the best option when compared to other alternatives, in terms of price/value rate. Most projects can use free version of the Rollbar without any hassle.

Christopher from Northwoods

I love you guys! If I could rate you higher than 10 I would!

AMAZING!

Pros

So There is a lot to unpack here: As a software developer, having access to the WEB DASHBOARD is amazing We start our day and prioritize our work around what we see in this dashboard, the SLACK INTEGRATION makes this process even better, as we can see errors in real time before the end-user and proactively respond without having to call or confirm what the user does thanks to THE WONDERFUL TELEMETRY that we get. Also we build software with Rails, JS, Python, AWS Lambda, and all of your libraries work the same way as expected. Wonderful! You also sent my company a blue rollbar shirt a few years ago - IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE! also: YOUR UPTIME is better than just about anyone - Auth0, Gitlab, Dockerhub - have all had issues this year with uptime , and the most we've seen from you all has only been a small delay in processing. Nothing major. ADDITIONALLY - I discovered a bug last month with rollbar and reported it to a community rep - AND YOU FIXED IT THIS RELEASE. FAST! As a fellow software developer I know how hard it is to get issues addressed, not to mention prioritized and deployed. In short I love you, and love your company and I tell everyone that!

Cons

I wish I could come up with something, but you astound me. I'd complain about a bug I found in Rollbar Js, but you fixed it in 2.18!

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

We did a demo / test implementation of each and your solution just crushed them as far as ease of use and "it just works" ness

Brian from Zenu

Sure beats a shared email inbox!

Very positive and better priced for its features than some of its competitors. It also helps the pricing is by volume rather than users, which makes far more sense for this kind of product.

Pros

The ability to aggregate your bug/debug information into a single platform, with the ability to prioritize based on the severity and frequency. Sure beats our shared email inbox "solution". Integration into things like Slack are amazingly useful for highlighting Nth errors.

Cons

Inability to setup fine-tuned VCS integration, we have a multi-branch environment and only being able to set 1 git branch for all the environments basically nullifies any use it has outside of the production environment. We have setup all the environments in rollbar but there is no ability to map each to its own git branch.

Pricing to features ratio

John from UXGent Limited

Easy to use and setup

Brilliant, literally set it and capture you errors.

Pros

I've used a lot of error tracking tools in the past but I was really pleased with Rollbar. For node applications it's very well laid out, keys are provided for you server and your client setup. Errors are tracked and logged for your application, broken down by which side the error occured. And if an error has been recurring you can track it and log it easily, plus the emails give a good breakdown of the error from the code side.

Cons

None at present, I may like the UI navigation to be improved so you can administer the setup quicker but once it's in place it kind of runs itself.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

The documentation. Fit well with our setup and how recent the api libraries were updated.

Miloš from M&E Solutions s.r.o.

Easy to use and reliable service

Rollbar works as expected and the level of information we get for each error is great.

Pros

Easy integration, slack notifications, level of details for each error

Cons

I would like to be able to see aggregate info from occurences of the same error, Airbrake offers something similar.

Best pricing options

Mikuláš from Keyguru s.r.o.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

almost perfect

Pros

easy integration, wide support, good error insights

Cons

sometimes our issues are spread across staging, production, separate server containers and environments - not sure how to display all of them at once having troubles tracking errors in Embedded JS (EJS) templates

Steven from Northland Creative Wonders

A Good Product

Pros

The pricing structure. I have a bunch of small projects with low numbers of users.Per project pricing gets too expensive fast.

Cons

Having to fill out multiple free text areas in their marketing survey.

David from Mynewsdesk

Industry: Writing and Editing

Solid exception with straight forward pricing model

Pros

Good language support. Good both for frontend and backend error tracking. Quick to set up notification (e.g. slack messages) for multiple projects thanks to "copy notification settings from existing project" feature. Very easy to comprehend pricing and packaging.

Cons

Grouping of errors could be better out of the box. But it's not like Rollbar is worse than any of the competition in this regards and they do offer manual configuration to solve common grouping mistakes.

Ahimanikya from DocEngage

Simple and Power Realtime issue tracker

At DocEngage we have been using Rollbar for more than a year now. We track real-time exception and respond to the issues quickly, sometimes we reach out to our customers before they find time to report the issue. This yields very impactful customer gratification. It also helps us to pinpoint the issue with real use case and evidence. When we have issues with manful traces we observed there is less tension between developers and quality/support team. We tried many competing real-time issue tracker and settled with Rollbar for its simplicity and integration capabilities. We use Rollbar for tracking Java and Javascript exception and our effort to create integration hook was almost zero. As far as collaboration is concerned, we love the way it's integrated with JIRA and HipChat.

Pros

Simplicity, Ability to integrate with tools and our application to track real-time issue.

Cons

None

Piotr from Portent.io

Great debugging tool

Rollbar is a must-have for the debugging toolkit. You get errors reported in one place, with history, tracebacks, all request data, user data and so on. Capturing of locals and args is *incredibly* useful and speeds up debugging greatly. You can easily have many people looking at a bug at the same time. The interface is really clear and easy to use, even for the non-dev teammates. You won't be needing much support, but when you do it'll be both very responsive and very effective. Setup is easy and Rollbar never gets in the way of your code. Just add that integration with Slack and you'll find Rollbar indispensable. Massive opportunity for squashing bugs quickly. Definitely do recommend!

Pros

- Tracebacks - Locals and args captured - Request and user data - RQL!

Cons

- Not everything can be exported as CSV (yet?) - More out-of-the box integrations would be very useful (i.e. Celery)

William from DialSource

Excellent Debugging Tool

Pros

Rollbar makes it very easy to see where and how frequently bugs in your programs crop up. Rollbar can also be early warnings for other monitoring platforms like Datadog, and indicate something is wrong before your other alarms start going off. The tracebacks on the errors are super helpful and since you can add whatever metadata you want pinpointing problems is made a lot easier.

Cons

The error grouping is not also on point, and it's *so easy* to use Rollbar that you will end up spending a lot of time trying to determine which errors actually merit throwing a Rollbar error, and your Rollbar slack channel will definitely get noisy if you don't stay on top of it.

Anatoly from Carevoyance, Inc.

Rollbar is indispensable for SaaS products

We've had a really easy time integrating Rollbar from the start, and it's only been improving since we started using it.

Pros

The best thing is the telemetry support that Rollbar introduced last year. With it we're able to see not just errors, but where they came from, who else has seen the same errors and impact on our user base. The grouping support (grouping bugs together) is starting to become robust as well, which is helpful for making sure you're not seeing 100s of the same errors in the UI.

Cons

The grouping support is not quite there yet, and needs to improve. I'd love to see bidirectional rollbar integration (jira > rollbar, rollbar > jira) and I think that's on the roadmap.

Przemysław from UXPin

Solid tool that meets my needs

I'm satisfied with Rollbar. It meets my needs.

Pros

Dashboard with items is extremely useful. It provides many options to filter & sort all captured errors/warnings/etc. It shows many pieces of information in a clear way. I like recent updates with custom fingerprinting that allows easier grouping of items.

Cons

There are some places that require extra clicking after UI redesign, e.g. "Settings" for project. I'd like to run RQL faster and have simple editor or code-completion aid to write RQL queries easier.

Awesome crashlytics for SaaS! One of those MUST HAVE apps.

Pros

We have been using Rollbar for last 3 years and we are not planning on quiting! WE LOVE IT! Easy to integrate into our products. Maintaining crash-free app became a lot easier. Support on HIGHEST level. INTEGRATION with JIRA is also a great add-on.

Cons

Integration with JIRA could be more advanced. In our company we use kanban boards and it would be a great feature if we could prepare tickets from Rollbar to automatically have every necessary field filled in.

We rely on Rollbar for great client-side error logging

Rollbar let us drop in an SDK that automatically wired up to capture browser errors without a ton of work on our end, which was a huge time-saver.

Pros

Rollbar is great for logging client-side javascript errors (although they can also log errors from a bunch of other sources), and we use their source-map feature to have useful error reports on our minified code. Rollbar also has useful alerting for when a new issue crops up, or an issue crosses a threshold for number of times seen. When we've gone to them for support we've found it to be great.

Cons

Rollbar is reasonably good at de-duping the same errors and grouping them into a single item, although that's not yet flawless. They've also got a query language that we've used a little but, although in our experience it is pretty slow to return results (which could totally be on us).

Parth from Paymi

Zen of rollbar

It's awesome to know about the error as they occur but it's not cost friendly. Your are one faulty release away from getting bombarded for same errors.

Pros

Ui is very accessible and self explanatory Setup and integration is easy

Cons

Hard to prioritize More error equals more money

Bug

Best-In-Class Error Reporting

Rollbar is an absolutely fantastic service and highly-responsive support if you ever hit an issue, all at a very reasonable price point. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros

- Easy integrations make setup a breeze - Ability to filter errors by environment and assigned level make management great - Deployment tracking, view errors by user, search errors using SQL-like syntax, deobfuscation of stack traces - more features than you can shake a stick at

Cons

- Automatic grouping of errors leaves something to be desired, but this is can be worked around by marking these errors manually

Leigh from KAVA Business Solutions

Pros

The live view and simplistic, but informative, interface

Cons

Nothing comes to mind with the web interface, but the mobile app is very limited - I cannot even expand the view of the log

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Ease of use & rapid integration

Jeremy from Affirm Inc

My Take

For the most part, Rollbar works for what I want it to - which is tracking the exceptions that are thrown throughout my system.

Pros

Rollbar does its job - which is keep track of exceptions. I am able to track exceptions across environments, frameworks, and languages.

Cons

The UI is slow to load. I additionally find the search feature to not be very helpful. Lastly, I find grouping to be difficult.

Pradatta from TransferWise

Really good for monitoring your micro services

Overall I’m very happy with this.

Pros

I have been using Rollbar for more than 2 years now, it’s really easy to use. The best thing is that when you’re setting up a new service it very easy to setup with your standard logger like log4j. And then voila you have your errors in the rollbar dashboard. It is very handy when your releasing. On top of that you can set up slack integration that keeps you alerting when thing are broken. I’d definitely suggest this to my friends and ex-colleagues to use this.

Cons

I haven’t faced any cons yet. Only thing notice is if you do not configure your logger properly then it might spam with with errors you don’t care about, But that’s not the problem of the product itself.

Stefan from Studyportals

Mature service for teams of any size

Pros

The configuration options allowing me to customize the management of multiple projects. And as an addition I really like the diverse tech stack integrations for Rollbar when using diverse programming languages.

Cons

The amount of Rollbar API updates, too many to stay up to date reasonably without investing too much time in the maintance of the integration.

Miles from AppFolio

Necessary for my job

I use it every single day. I get Slack notifications any time a Rollbar error occurs. To be honest, the word "Rollbar" stresses me out, because it reminds me of all the bugs I've caught. That's a testament to how much I use it.

Pros

Rollbar helps us catch issues in production, and respond to them as quickly as possible. Without Rollbar, we would miss hundreds of issues. Seriously, it's extremely helpful.

Cons

The UI makes it a bit difficult to navigate. For example, some hyperlinks navigate to a Rollbar page, while others navigate to the hyperlink's actual URL.

João from EvoluServices

Rollbar is an awesome tool

Rollbar is really good and fits for our purpose really well. We use it mainly to send logs of errors and it helps us identifying issues within our softwares which use it.

Pros

The items page is really organised, the custom objects are very useful too. RQL - are very handy in order to investigate specific errors occurring on our client base.

Cons

I wish I could tell rollbar to ignore some items and stop registering them on our account. Muting doesn't completely resolve, because it continues consuming our quota. We use the software to log some embedded systems, which are hard to update. And sometimes when there is a fix to an ocurrence in a newer version, the old ones keep triggering the old ocurrences, which we would like to no longer receive.

Matic from Nightwatch

A must-have for high-availability systems and SaaS

At Nightwatch.io, we are genuinely impressed by the error tracking power that Rollbar provides us. With its numerous integrations, we pipelined the error messages directly to our chatroom so we can eradicate bugs right away. It's one of those systems that are so useful you don't even think about not using them when starting a new programming adventure.

Pros

No downtimes, efficient, excellent reports

Cons

Web interface could perhaps use a refreshment

Josh from DigiQuatics

The best way to find bugs before users do!

Trying to log error events in order to identify and fix bugs that our users were sometimes complaining about but we couldn't identify the root cause.

Pros

It is very to see errors as they get logged in the system so that we can identify, prioritize and fix software issues. It is very helpful to see the errors come through that meant a user definitely got an error but it wasn't bad enough for them to contact support regarding the issue but we can still find it and get it resolved.

Cons

I think it would be awesome to have a button to create a github issue from the item in the errors log. It is somewhat difficult for us to track the issues in GitHub and wether they have been resolved with the items in Rollbar.

November 2015

Johnathan from Samasource

November 2015

Solid error tracking service

Our team has been testing Rollbar as a possible replacement for Honeybadger and has liked it enough to decide to make the switch! Some of the features that stood out to us: * Better UI/UX in general that makes the app feel more comfortable to use * Pricing is more affordable (assuming a reasonable number of events per month) * Powerful notification settings, letting us set up different issue severity and only receive notifications on what matters most (more signal, less noise) * Mute option (another way to cut down on the noise) * More logical error grouping (especially for JavaScript errors) * More powerful options for auto-resolving and cleaning up old errors * Nice "person tracking" functionality to see who is affected by various errors * Good asynchronous error reporting options in the Ruby adapter * RQL query language for powerful searching (although it's still a little rough around the edges) We ran into a few minor annoyances: * The gem providing Resque support is developed by a third-party and doesn't seem to get much use (1 watcher and 4 stars as of the time of this review). Honeybadger provides native Resque support in the official Ruby gem. * There doesn't seem to be any search functionality on the documentation page. * No documentation and a slightly unintuitive workflow for one of the integrations we use. Overall, Rollbar looks like a solid service that was easy to set up, easy to use, and has some powerful features for searching through past error data. We're looking forward to making the switch.

Viktor from Proxify AB

Industry: Online Media

Haven't used nano php_error.log since I started to use this program

Starting to use a consolidating error log was a game changer for our developer (and the users of our site). In our company, we try to spend every Thursday to eliminate all the bugs from the site and categorise them as Error or Warning and give them better titels.

Pros

Reading a long log-file make any sense

Cons

As an owner of a start-up, I wish the price was a little bit better if the free version isn't enough.

Gustavo from Jobandtalent

Required for error tracking

We’ve implemented a database timeout so we receive a rollbar error whenever we have a slow query, and we can track the number of occurrences we have. It was very helpful

Pros

I’ve added rollbar to many projects and it was very simple and easy to integrate. Rollbar help and getting started was helpful. The tool is useful to understand what are the weakest parts of the applications and what are the most frequent source or errors.

Cons

The error grouping sometimes is not perfect and impacts in how much time I should dedicate to group errors properly in order to identify the real amount of errors and occurrences of the same problem in different parts of the application.

Chris from Jobber

I use it find the bugs!

Finding issues and rising issues!

Pros

The slack integration so we can very easily alerted about issues that arise in our apps!

Cons

Having multiple environments, sometimes a bit hard to get to the correct environment!

Ian from Internet

Error reporting works great, UI is not great

It's ok, if something with a more stable UI came out, I would explore that option.

Pros

A concise place to find all errors. Easy to hook up to the app.

Cons

Many times when I try to use the web app, UI will become buggy. Things will disappear when selected, grouping doesn't work etc. This is especially difficult when I am reacting to an incident.

Yan from Carbyne

Industry: Public Safety

Technical Support Review

Rollbar helps our company to identify production issues. It easy to use

Pros

I like to design of the software, and good interface it really easy to identify the issues in production.

Cons

I would like to have notification test feature to test notifications configuration, I want to see some tips when configuring something

Good, could be better.

Pros

Cons

my biggest complaint is when looking at stack traces for errors, the line numbers don't line up with line numbers in your files. this can make for a little bit of a goose chase when trying to find an errant line of code.

Daniel from Lango

When it works, it's great

Pros

I like the level of detail that the error reports provide. It makes it really easy to identify the section of the code that's causing the issue. Being able to see the parameters the caused the error is very powerful.

Cons

It was working great, but in the last 3 months it's randomly not capturing all errors. Although nothing has changed on our end, only some issues show up in Rollbar. The filters now seem to not be functioning correctly either.

Best tool to monitor errors

Pros

Rollbar reached us out when they detected a problem on our production site and provided their help which was an awesome experience. Installing Rollbar on our Rails app was very painless. Love the email notication, as soon as someone sees the error Rollbar send email alert which helps to resolve issue faster.

Cons

We noticed that Rollbar also considers AJAX request in page load time, we need an option to disable this.

An effective tool for catching mistakes in published code.

Customer Service is hilarious! They will walk it with you and they actually have personality! So happy to work with CSR on a regular basis.

Pros

Rollbar is a technical support team's dream. I rarely walk past our tech department and fail to see this on their screens. It allows you to monitor errors that your clients are experiencing and triage them appropriately. Sometimes Rollbar can help solve the problem with little diagnosis when consistent issues arise. I love the free plan that allows you to view 5,000 errors each month. For a small operation, this may be enough.

Cons

After moving on from the free plan, the cost can be prohibitive. While the cost does increase, you do get what you pay for. We have spent time on all 3 plans that Rollbar offers, and have found our happy medium on Essentials.

Jose from Kushki

Easy, reliable but still missing features

Great as overall, the on failure is the customer services is really slow.

Pros

Easy to implement, get reliable information

Cons

Have a lot of missing features that would help the integration with our platform

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

For the detail issue information and the way to connect with others

August 2016

Ben from Bible Bowl

August 2016

Reliable Exception Handling

I switched to Rollbar as an alternative for my side projects since Logentries doesn't offer a free tier. Logentries has a complicated, real-time UI. Sometimes that UI can feel a bit laggy if you've got a lot of logs coming in. Rollbar doesn't have this kind of complex UI so it feels faster and simpler. I'm beginning to prefer it over Logentries.

Pros

The ability to know which user experienced a problem when using the software before the user reports the bug. Combining that with the debug information, I'm empowered to follow up with the user about the problem notifying them of a potential fix even when they never submitted a bug report.

Brianna from Dollar Shave Club

Rollbar Review

Pros

I am able to quickly see what errors are being raised within our system providing us with great visibility

Cons

Grouping is difficult and could be improve. Querying occurrences are difficult to do or understand how to figure out

Matthew from WILDSIDE

Great error handling solution

Pros

Makes error capturing painless, integrates well into a large number of packages. Free offering provides excellent feature set.

Cons

The UI is a little clunky and can be overwhelming, navigation could be more intuitive. Grouping of errors doesn’t always work automatically. Integrated packages don’t always keep up with development as fast as they could (Laravel package took a long time to support 6.0, React Native package currently still requiring split index.ios and index.android for source mapping despite this being removed from RN).

Naren from KPI Ninja INC

Great addition to stack

A great tool to streamline for the dev team

Pros

Tracing Real-time integration with other tools Workflow automation

Cons

none - This is, in general, a great tool to be part of the tech stack

Gercek from Raklet

Great Monitoring Tool

Pros

We have been using Rollbar for over a year now and it has been really helpful for our engineering team. One of the best features is the solutions tab which provides community answers to common problems. Highly recommended.

Cons

Free plan is just not enough for bootstrapping startups. I wished there was some sort of pay as you go model.