MaintainX Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Great customer service, the app works seamlessly between the computer and the phones."
  • icon"The overall simplicity of the program is very nice. Everything flows pretty well."
  • icon"It is easy to use and has great scalability. I am able to use it with a team that isn't the best with technology."
  • icon"There are not many, if any negative thoughts I have for this app."
  • icon"Sometimes when i start a problem report the page flips before I finish it."
  • icon"Notifications And annoying popping up every 2 seconds."

Browse all MaintainX Reviews

• Have you used MaintainX and would like to share your experience with others?

Better Than Any Other Work Order Software or Mobile App

We are a full scale IT department and we have been able to respond more quickly to our end users needs. It has allowed us to be more focused on customer service and time management. MaintainX has also allowed us the ability to be able to enter work orders on the fly so we do not forget to take care of something. I have not worked with any other software or app that has given us this type of functionality with so much ease and value for the price.

Pros

The ease of functionality in creating work orders for myself, staff and end users. The ability to easily create repeating work orders for backup and preventative maintenance items. The reporting dashboard is really nice and allows me to see a well rounded view of where we stand. I think I most enjoy how fast the app notifies me of a new request and status updates.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to have work orders created based on known email addresses as well.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX was what satisfied our needs without flashy extra options that we would never use. We just needed a simple, powerful work order system and I feel that MaintainX provides all of that for us.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

We made the switch because the software was difficult to setup, the mobile app was not efficient, end user confusion and there was not enough value in the price being charged.

Andy

Industry: Packaging and Containers

MaintainX review

Good platform, great support. Still needs some growth, but happy with results so far.

Pros

Simple and easy to use & learn. Fast turnaround on support.

Cons

Some capabilities are limited by constraints of the program. Example- cross-category escalation capability, scheduling block, “bad actor” asset tracking Pareto. Some aspects are only attainable through enterprise level.. the cost is higher than what you currently get out of it in my opinion.

Price and ease of use

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Too expensive per license, no super users without enterprise level, complicated layout and difficult to learn quickly.

February 2022

decent for an entry level program

Decent program to track work orders and manage assets. Very easy to use. Mobile app is helpful. not impressed with overall features and functionality. Data input way too time consuming.

Pros

Very easy to use, mobile app is helpful.

Cons

inability to mass edit in spreadsheet format, worksheets are time consuming and basic. Lack space to input details such as component info for equipment, specs, etc. Lack of many desired features and functionality. mobile app doesnt show all info or allow editing of info when it comes to inventory control etc.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

AMMS program and backup data was lost. Prefer to switch back to amms after trying maintainx

Response from MaintainX

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review for MaintainX. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been anything less than exceptional so far. We have a team available to assist with data input and help set up your organization for you. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your feedback and ensure that we have enabled all the functionality you are looking for. If we are missing any functionality, our team would love to understand what you need so we can include it on our roadmap. Feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience. Best, MaintainX

Replied March 2022

Blake

Industry: Chemicals

Biokyowa Maintenance Planner Review

I am very happy with MaintainX. The customer suport is very helpful. We are able to add an endless amount of information to our database very easily.

Pros

The user-friendly interface is very easy to navigate. We are able to use this technology with various age groups of technicians and everyone was able to catch on quickly.

Cons

Our major issue on the software is not having the ability to auto generate new procedures from within a procedure. For instance, if I have a procedure that says "Is a hot work permit required?", If the answer is "Yes", it would be nice for the software to automatically add that "Hot work procedure" to the work order instead of an admin having to add it. It would also be nice if technicians could add procedures on their own from their tablets.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

We wanted a more user friendly option that also allowed our technicians to start completing work orders digitally instead of using paper.

Jason

Industry: Machinery

One of the best!

Pros

Maintain X is easy to setup and maintain. It is easy to use and train others to use. The app comes in handy.

Cons

Procedure Library needs better organization

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

Hippo was way to complicated to setup and streamline and was WAY too expensive

Anna

MaintainX

Overall, it is a great user friendly program.

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. I can add work orders from my computer as well as from my mobile phone. I can look daily at the progress my guys are making and give feedback. I can send messages through this portal as well.

Cons

My work orders fall off if my guys don't do them daily. Also, when printing reports dates come up when they shouldn't be populated.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

My boss liked the options this program gave us.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

So many problems with the programming.

Brian

Industry: Packaging and Containers

October 2022

Great value for the money and has all the features we need

low cost of entry. easy to get started quickly. has many features that a company can use immediately. Web and mobile portals are easy and convenient to use.

Pros

you can start off with one user for a low entry price like we did. unlimited requesters. by the second year we added up to 10 people, because it was easy to justify the cost for all the users with all the benefits you get with the system. was able to get started right away. customer service was able to import all the data from excel files fast and accurately.

Cons

like everything accept that inventory search only searches against the part name and not the part description.so we have to enter name and description in the part name (which as least large amount of characters)

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

MaintainX had everything we needed and at a price that was very budget friendly

Brian

Easy, Innovative, & Managable

From the sales pitch to today, the MaintainX team has been by our side and continuously helping us use the app better and to it's fullest potential. They helped me be realistic in rolling out the features in the app slowly and we are almost to the point of using all the features.

Pros

MaintainX has helped us to track our repairs and preventative maintenance to the point that is miles beyond where we were. We knew we had some months where we spent a lot on repairing equipment but we could never look back and see where that money was going. Being able to track our expenses down to each piece of equipment has helped with how the team stewards our equipment by leaps and bounds.

Cons

Integrating and changing our processes was the most difficult thing about this. However, the support staff at MaintainX were integral in assisting with this and giving tips about improving the buy-in process of key leaders. They even hosted webinars where they were able to show our team

Joel

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

October 2022

Great software that helps us keep track of work orders

Initial onboarding with our rep was awesome. Questions via chat or email get answered VERY quickly!

Pros

The app keeps our guys on task and is great for our work order tracking. It also keeps us in compliance for inspections. Love that they are all tracked and signed digitally.

Cons

Took some time to get buyin from the guy, but once they learned the software everyone got on board.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

The app, and simplified workflow

Bradley

MaintainX is very useful

Pros

Tracking of work orders, planning of works, etc

Cons

All features are ok and easy to use and I was at ease with the MaintainX app

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

It design to fit our work

Evan

Industry: Printing

March 2022

Helpful and intuitive

Pros

I like being able to manage my work orders in order of priority. The ability to have notes and attachments linked to my assets during and after PMs. Being able to have a dedicated line of communication for on going maintenance.

Cons

So far for my application I have found no cons.

Jason

October 2022

Organization and work load efficiency

I have used it for 3-4 years and have had great success organizing work ordered and having access to the service history of areas and associated equipment used within our facility.

Pros

The mobile application allows me to send work orders directly to the employees I am tasked to manage so workflow is optimized and done quickly.

Cons

The application I utilize does everything I need it to so I do not know of a con to it at this point

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

The cost was the main factor in the beginning but stayed due to ease of use.

Ron

MaintainX- the facility managers multi tool

Overall I am hyper pleased with the software's performance, reliability, cost, and ease of use.

Pros

I most enjoy the simple UI. In my industry there is little to no budget for training and onboarding of personnel. My team is also made up of individuals in which English is a second language. MaintainX has been able to capture a feature rich suite of tools that anyone can master in a relative short amount of time.

Cons

As a user since its Beta, I have yet to find anything I do not like.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Simple UI, and value of features.

Cost reasons-

Mike

Industry: Textiles

A CMMS that fits in you pocket.

Working with the rep and the guys at MaintainX had been great! They have designed a system that does not need a 500 page manual and are readily available if you have a question or an suggestion. I've seen main of my suggestions implemented in the matter of a few days. They are doing a fantastic job developing this application.

Pros

MaintainX is very easy to set up and use. Other systems are impossible to setup without outside help but not MaintainX. It is scalable and they are adding new features on a weekly basis. Everyone has real-time updates on work orders so you al ways know the status.

Cons

Lack of inventory capability but I'm assured it is coming.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

Being mobile first was a big factor. Not needing to spend thousands of dollars for help setting up the software. You can do it yourself and MaintainX will help for free. Knowing instantly what is happening, communicating directly with the tech, attaching manuals, photos, videos to work orders it makes you more effective.

Reasons for switching to MaintainX

It was just too laborious and complicated to manage. Being paper based I would have to review hundreds of pages weekly. Sometimes it would be weeks before I could review a PM and find a problem I should have known about.

Albert

April 2022

Awesome Product!

I am a fleet/equipment manager that is still on the road driving. I am way from the office whether it is driving or turning wrenches with my mechanics. I play many roles and have a hard time keeping track of equipment, costs, repairs, purchase orders, vendors, etc. MaintainX help me regain control as a fleet equipment manager.

Pros

While I don't usually contact customer service unless I have an idea to improve, it is always a quick response. - Work Orders are simple and easy to create - Asset Tracking - Purchase Orders are an awesome addition - Inventory/Parts Tracking is great - Requestors are free and are able to see the work on the work order they prepare The software is clean and simple. It is easy to use and so much you can do with it. I have a lot of favorite features. I like that I can add pictures for the parts, SDS to the chemicals I inventory.

Cons

This software does what I need it to do. The only con that I have is there are items that need to be improved on. However, if you contact MaintainX, they take you idea into consideration and add the feature. I hope they add the ability to approve purchase orders from the phone.

Reasons for choosing MaintainX

I chose MaintainX because it was easy to set up. All the other products seemed like I had to go all in at first. MaintainX allowed me to start simple with free use. Then I bumped up to the basic and then finally to premium. I also like the pricing is by person and not role. Pricing is also competitive. I would eventually like to check out if there are benefits to the enterprise side, but I brought this product in for the transportation department of the company I work for. I would eventually like the manufacturing side of the company use it for their maintenance department.

Christopher

MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

I oversee Property and Fleet maintenance for a small rehabilitation company that sets up clients in supported living environments. When I came into the position, there was no process for staff to submit these requests, so they would fly in by all sorts of methods: texts, emails, calls, quick shout-outs, etc. It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything. After researching a few potential apps, I knew that I wanted the process to be as simple as possible for our staff. When there's a maintenance issue: 1) Take a photo (which often describes the issue in more detail than our staff thinks to do); 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3)Hit send. I also appreciate being able to reference the specific work order within the app to ask follow up questions and to let the requester know when the work order is done. MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the app for both myself and our staff in submitting work order requests. 1) Take a photo; 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3) Hit send.

Cons

I had a bit of an issue trying to get some of our staff to adopt the new process of using an app to submit work order requests - even though it couldn't be any easier. By old (inefficient) habits, they still wanted to text, email, call, shout-out, etc when there was an issue. As much as I tried to encourage them to use the app in these instances, I couldn't ignore their requests - which just further conditioned them to head in the wrong direction. After mentioning this issue and asking for a "Requester tab" to be available when creating a new work order, the MaintainX team worked to build this suggestion into their software (shout-out to Hugo!). Now I have the secret weapon to gently nudge our staff to learn the ease and benefits of using the MaintainX app!

Tom