All Procore Reviews

Ruth

Design, 11-50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2016

Excellent full-on project management software

This is a package aimed at construction professionals and provides a thorough means of managing multiple projects across multiple people and teams including architects, designers, and subcontractors. It is a significant investment not a simple free app, and needs to be approached as such. The implementation is pretty straightforward and the customer support excellent.here remain some annoying features, but the support team are responsive and it is clear that significant investment if still being made into improving the software.

PROS

Much better than the competition at managing a range of projects across the things you need in construction - RFI,s , punch/snag list (we use this for internal "to do" items) and critically the main contract variations- this is a bit clunky but REALLY effective when you get the hang of it - meetings recording is again a trifle clunky but very effective so I forgive it For the first time in 15 years I have proper oversight across all projects (typically around 40-60) and can manage the progress of each from my iPad wherever I am. Site logging app very powerful Clients love the visibility Document handling with version control is brilliant

CONS

The only really annoying feature is that the company level information (ie visibility across projects, personal "open items" lists and financials) is only available on the browser version not the app. The directory and permissions systems are well intentioned but actually you have to subvert them a bit as to do anything useful people really need full admin rights (even to add a contact to a directory- if this is to be used as the main shared company contacts directory we need everyone to be able to do that). I am happy to give my people that, but I can imagine a lot of companies where you don't want all your staff to have access to budgets and financials. It is expensive- we think it a great investment at this time, but it is nonetheless expensive. if you are looking for a cheap app this is not the one for you. The us-centric language and set up is a minor irritation- the partial attempt at making it Anglophile (changing a few of the function names) is actually worse than useless as the changes just confuse people- the training videos refer to the US terms for things and you can get used to pretty fast, but then they are not called that on your screen. I would love to be able to customise some of the standard PDF outputs Drawings handling a bit clunky, particularly markups- brilliant idea and conception but difficult to use as you can't undo markups once you have done them which makes people risk averse in case they cock it up- I am confident this will improve

Joseph

Reviewed August 2022

Procore Value Correlates to Use

So far, my overall experience with Procore has been positive. I am the main Procore Company Administrator here, and I've been learning the program mostly on a live project, so that part has been stressful, but that is the nature of the beast at times. I have been learning and using Procore at a crazy speed now for approximately 6 months, and I can see that the software will have a positive impact and greatly increase not only efficiency but communications across all projects with correct and proper implementation. This implementation includes integration with other programs to complete the "tech stack" as well, such as ERP Integration (Sage/Foundation/Other Construction Accounting Software), DocuSign, etc.

PROS

Procore will allow all of the projects managed within our company to be managed in a single, universal format which will significantly increase efficiency. Procore also directly connects our office and field teams, including our subcontractors and vendors. Procore offers a lot of training to help get started, and the 24/7 chat support is helpful.

CONS

The cost is a big concern, but you don't buy a backhoe to let it sit and not dig holes. Don't spend the money on something like Procore and make its use "voluntary" within your company. Make its implementation throughout your company a critical item. Select your Company Administrators wisely and give them time to learn and properly set up the software to meet your company's needs. Develop standard operating procedures to help your team members understand how to use the software in line with your company's requirements. Procore isn't one of those things where you can just swipe the card and tell everyone to use it.

Reason for choosing Procore

All the other projects seemed to be missing a major component at some point, whereas Procore covered all the bases. Also, Procore offers unlimited licensing, so we can invite the entire project team to include architects, engineers, subcontractors, and vendors in a single project. After approximately 6 months of using Procore, we have invited 150+ users to different projects. Most of the other platforms came with +/-10 licenses, which barely would have covered our inner office users.

Chaya

Reviewed February 2019

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

PROS

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

CONS

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team what stage project is in, and no easy way to get budget forecasts. Also, navigation around the program was not very logical and user-friendly for many staff members. Lastly, when we experienced a big hurdle with the accounting features, it took months to speak to a support representative who could talk through the issues. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Laura

Reviewed February 2024

Ease of Upload

PROS

Easy for me to upload and create folders as well as move documentation within the site

CONS

Doesn't seem to be a location for training database management

Patrick

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

An Architect's Perspective

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

PROS

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

CONS

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And speaking of meetings, the meeting minute layout within the program is, to put it mildly, garbage. The software is clearly written with the contractor in mind, as if the CA process on the design team side is almost an afterthought. On my most recent project, I had to work with the GC and Procore in order to have the proper RFI and submittal routing established so items don't sit in limbo and become late.

Reasons for switching to Procore

The sole reason for the switch was the credit provided by the GC after bid for the use of Procore versus other products.

Brittany

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Best Construction Software on the market

Procore is my favorite software to use in construction. It eliminates the need for many other systems that help organize and process submittals and RFI's. It is user friendly on for the GC, subcontractor, owner, architect and engineer.

PROS

Procore does it all! Submittals, RFI's, Schedules, Commitments, Change orders. I highly recommend all construction trades use this for ease on their projects. This software does the work of many softwares and eliminates the need for multiple emails.

CONS

They need to work on integrating existing accounting software's. Many contractors using this system are also using their own accounting system so it is dual entry.

Reasons for switching to Procore

Multiple users over multiple companies have access.

Reviewed July 2023

GC Using Procore

Overall, our users love it, and it has empowered our project teams from the office, to the field, to external parties.

PROS

Great brand known by all. They offer fantastic support and amazing PM tools to empower project teams, from accounting to the field.

CONS

Financials can be a bit difficult to implement and train users on and accounting integrations may fall short in certain areas.

Reason for choosing Procore

Same cost but more integration capabilities and stronger brand.

Reasons for switching to Procore

It was PlanGrid at the time and fell apart once taken ove by ACC.

Lee

Reviewed March 2020

Procore with SAGE 300 ERP integration

The cost has been high, but overall the product is serving us well and they continue to work to improve the software. They seem to care about what things need to be fixed to improve the software and will allow beta groups of exiting customers. We have had a positive experience.

PROS

Procore was able to integrate with our accounting software (SAGE 300) to help reduce duplicate entry. Procore has a very good user interface and has been adopted well including in the field. Procore continues to improve the software and integrations to increase the value and usability.

CONS

The cost is higher than we would like. Some of the tools are not fully connected to SAGE yet, so the features are not quite as useful. For example subcontractor invoicing is still being connected.

Reason for choosing Procore

Ease of integrations with existing software and Better user interface including mobile platform.

Reasons for switching to Procore

We were needing a more user friendly and mobile solution for operations.

Perfect

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Best software ever created

Financially we've improved as the system guides us towards making more efficient decisions and cut unnecessary costs and expenditure

PROS

Great software it is user friendly and allows me to catch up with my backlog in time, its fast its efficient , it is just perfect I love it.

CONS

At times the system has glitches either than that everything is great

Reason for choosing Procore

A friend that referred to me really impressed me by detailing the usefulness of the product and I was sold.

Reasons for switching to Procore

The system was too cumbersome

Reviewed January 2024

GC Procore Review

We continue to renew our subscription. I believe we can get more out of it and thats part of 2024 goals.

PROS

Versatility with different apps and solution providers.

CONS

Scheduling tool and job costing need help.

Reasons for switching to Procore

I needed a near single source for our teams and customer teams that links with accounting. I can say accounting wise inbuild.ia provided a solution to eliminate duplication of work so Financials match and remove bill.com

Jason

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great software if you are looking to improve your construction business and gain better insights

PROS

Procore allows better insights into your projects. This enables you to deep dive into problem areas and quickly make decisions on how to correct. You can plan better across your entire organization, rather than looking at project by project issues.

CONS

It's quite expensive. If you are not getting the value out of the system you are paying for, you could mistakenly turn your back on it. Best bet is to figure out how to gain the biggest ROI out of Procore, even if that means hiring a Procore Certified Consultant to help.

Reasons for switching to Procore

Looking for efficiencies of platform solutions and a more well rounded product that truely integrates tool to tool.

Emily

Reviewed April 2021

We love Procore

Procore is truly helping our interaction from office to field- it helps us to stay on top of drawings, distributions, etc and not skip a beat from getting it out of one persons hands and into the next. It is interactive and allows us to share pertinent details with appropriate people, and keep it all in one spot.

PROS

We love the ability to work WITH our subs on our project management software, instead of it being an in-house only product.

CONS

There are a LOT of working points and a lot of tiny steps that are required to make certain workflows function properly. Once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze but getting there can be tough.

Reasons for switching to Procore

Well, we use it hand and hand. But Sage is not inclusive to subcontractors and is sort of clunky to navigate.

Amira

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Ensure the successful management of contracting projects and perfect organization of project data

Procore has provided us with great flexibility in managing the project, and we have eliminated many of the mistakes that we were making previously when preparing the various submission tables in the project. With Procore, you can, with simple steps, filter Shop drawings Logs or RFI's Logs, for example, and know the status of the topic that Looking for it and following it up with other members by sending them notifications. Indeed, it simplifies many procedures and keeps all tasks and project activities under constant follow-up.

PROS

What I like most about Procore is the perfect organization that it provides for all documents, reports, and communications of project members on the cloud, which enables all team members and stakeholders to be kept up-to-date and informed of everything that is going on with the project. I appreciate how providing all project management tools in one place simplifies the procedures and saves a lot of time, as most of the outstanding issues are resolved directly, as all concerned will have knowledge of the matter and will communicate with each other to implement the appropriate solution. I love the reports that are prepared by Procore, as they cover all project management functions and show in a modern format that includes graphs and tables the general status of the project's business and completion percentages and also cover all financial aspects and much more. I appreciate that Procore acts as a database that includes all project correspondence, drawings, reports and material delivery requests, and through several logs that show the dates of submission and response, you can know the status of each request or scheme with ease.

CONS

Procore is ideal for contracting projects, and I don't think there are any negative things or technical problems, as it is connected to the cloud and has an amazing interface, it depends only on the work team and their cooperation by taking advantage of all the wonderful tools available in Procore.

Patricia

Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been extremely helpful. It's always great to get a call request from the designers related to a suggested change that you put in wanting to make sure that what they are looking to do will meet your expectations or at least how they can better meet your expectations. I love signing into Procore and having the popups telling me what new changes they have implemented overnight, shows they are always growing and improving their product to better meet the needs of their clients.

PROS

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

CONS

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same or extremely similar projects each and every time, there needs to be a Corporate level for reporting purposes and what they now have as "Company" level would be more the project level for those projects that are almost identical and/or being performed by the same project group. Changes made to the company level affect all the projects underneath that company and many settings are only at the Company level so if your projects aren't VERY similar to each other this may not work out well. In our case, Procore has managed a work around for this but it causes many of the executive dashboard functions to not work right. Limited customization but with a little ingenuity you can figure out ways to make things work.

Anurup

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

It supervises all functions and organizes project document storage.

The most essential aspect of Procore is that it provided us with an integrated system and procedures that allow us to ensure that all duties, as well as the process of issuing reports and other papers, are completed correctly. It also allowed us to keep track of all documents and reports, as well as their status, to minimize delays in their distribution or disruptions on the job site.

PROS

I appreciate the fact that Procore is one of the best cloud-based construction project management platforms, as its capabilities are tremendous in organizing all functions, storing project data, and providing collaborative capabilities to all project stakeholders, allowing them to track all project details with pinpoint accuracy. I appreciate how easily I can track any task and know its status and details, as well as how easily I can request a report or work delivery from subcontractors. It's nice to have all of the tools we need for reporting and monitoring subcontractor performance in one location, and I particularly appreciate how all project documents are preserved in a specific order so that we can keep track of their progress and easily return to them when needed.

CONS

It takes a lot of effort to use it effectively, and I don't think we'll be able to produce positive outcomes unless we thoroughly train the team and other project partners on how to use all of the tools and collaborate with them. It's worth noting that Procore offers customer assistance and integrated training sessions that help us learn how all of the tools work and how to utilize them effectively.

Brynne

Construction

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2016

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

PROS

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me really enjoy it. It makes life easier by keeping record of just about every aspect of a project. It's extremely helpful that Procore keeps track of emails for you in regards to things like submittals. This makes it so there is no confusion about whether or not an email was actually sent or received. The software also allows construction documents to get approved in a more time efficient manner. I love that the architect, or whomever is the approver, can do so online via a credible software instead of just word of mouth, or in an email. It is much more legitimate. In terms of the vendor, they have been great. Their customer service is outstanding. They are readily available to help no matter what time of day it is - which is wonderful. They also provide many tutorials and seminars to help get a deeper understanding of the software and all that it does. Every time I have contacted customer service they have been quick and to the point. I really appreciate this because when I am at work, my time is even more valuable and I have a sense of urgency with everything I do. Being in the construction industry there are always crucial deadlines that are important to make. I don't have time to sit and chat with customer service for hours as they ask me annoying protocol questions that jump around the initial question that I have. So Procore has really been great with that.

CONS

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Laurel

Reviewed October 2022

Great software for managing and organizing multiple projects

Overall Procore has helped with tracking and organizing our various projects, especially as our company continues to grow. We are using the basic tools in Procore, but I look forward to figuring out more ways to improve our productivity and organization as we continue to use the product.

PROS

The software integrates with other software that we have already been using. It helps us keep everything we need in one place and makes it easy to track project progress and subcontractor progress. Our team is also spread out between the office and field with projects all over Southern California and it allows our office team members and project managers to all be on the same page no matter where they are working.

CONS

There are some technical issues that we have experiences with payments accidentally syncing twice. It would be nice if we could manually adjust the PCO and PCCO numbers in case of error to make sure everything matches up, as well as being able to approve the status of PCOs or invoices even if there is another PCO or invoice that is approved after the one that needs adjustment. It would be great if the commitments were separated by the different Prime Contracts they belong to, similar to how the client invoices are organized, instead of having all of the commitments lumped together. Also having to manually set up new billing periods for every project is a little tedious and it would be nice if new billing periods could be created the first day of the new billing period automatically.

Heather