What are Procore users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Procore software through verified user reviews

2,506 Reviews

1,309
1,026

• icon"The community is fantastic and you can always get help when you need it. Procore has made it easy to manage my projects from the start, and there are tons of features."
  • icon"Their customer service team not only wants you to use their product, they want you to succeed in whatever you're trying to accomplish with it."
  • icon"Ease of integration to our systems and great customer service."
  • icon"Wastes my time with constant unwanted notifications that have nothing to do with me."
  • icon"There are some confusing parts of the financial tools. This can be very confusing if you do not complete in certain sequences."
  • icon"It is literally the WORST bidding software in the industry. Use ISQFT, Smartbidnet, Building Connected, or a Box folder and email before using this."

Browse all Procore Reviews

• Have you used Procore and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,503 reviews

Ruth

April 2016

Excellent full-on project management software

This is a package aimed at construction professionals and provides a thorough means of managing multiple projects across multiple people and teams including architects, designers, and subcontractors. It is a significant investment not a simple free app, and needs to be approached as such. The implementation is pretty straightforward and the customer support excellent.here remain some annoying features, but the support team are responsive and it is clear that significant investment if still being made into improving the software.

Pros

Much better than the competition at managing a range of projects across the things you need in construction - RFI,s , punch/snag list (we use this for internal "to do" items) and critically the main contract variations- this is a bit clunky but REALLY effective when you get the hang of it - meetings recording is again a trifle clunky but very effective so I forgive it For the first time in 15 years I have proper oversight across all projects (typically around 40-60) and can manage the progress of each from my iPad wherever I am. Site logging app very powerful Clients love the visibility Document handling with version control is brilliant

Cons

The only really annoying feature is that the company level information (ie visibility across projects, personal "open items" lists and financials) is only available on the browser version not the app. The directory and permissions systems are well intentioned but actually you have to subvert them a bit as to do anything useful people really need full admin rights (even to add a contact to a directory- if this is to be used as the main shared company contacts directory we need everyone to be able to do that). I am happy to give my people that, but I can imagine a lot of companies where you don't want all your staff to have access to budgets and financials. It is expensive- we think it a great investment at this time, but it is nonetheless expensive. if you are looking for a cheap app this is not the one for you. The us-centric language and set up is a minor irritation- the partial attempt at making it Anglophile (changing a few of the function names) is actually worse than useless as the changes just confuse people- the training videos refer to the US terms for things and you can get used to pretty fast, but then they are not called that on your screen. I would love to be able to customise some of the standard PDF outputs Drawings handling a bit clunky, particularly markups- brilliant idea and conception but difficult to use as you can't undo markups once you have done them which makes people risk averse in case they cock it up- I am confident this will improve

Anurup

June 2022

It supervises all functions and organizes project document storage.

The most essential aspect of Procore is that it provided us with an integrated system and procedures that allow us to ensure that all duties, as well as the process of issuing reports and other papers, are completed correctly. It also allowed us to keep track of all documents and reports, as well as their status, to minimize delays in their distribution or disruptions on the job site.

Pros

I appreciate the fact that Procore is one of the best cloud-based construction project management platforms, as its capabilities are tremendous in organizing all functions, storing project data, and providing collaborative capabilities to all project stakeholders, allowing them to track all project details with pinpoint accuracy. I appreciate how easily I can track any task and know its status and details, as well as how easily I can request a report or work delivery from subcontractors. It's nice to have all of the tools we need for reporting and monitoring subcontractor performance in one location, and I particularly appreciate how all project documents are preserved in a specific order so that we can keep track of their progress and easily return to them when needed.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort to use it effectively, and I don't think we'll be able to produce positive outcomes unless we thoroughly train the team and other project partners on how to use all of the tools and collaborate with them. It's worth noting that Procore offers customer assistance and integrated training sessions that help us learn how all of the tools work and how to utilize them effectively.

Tien

To go app for contractor & sub

Pros

Detailed breakdown specification for submittal log Easy documents upload/download/manage between teams/parties

Cons

Need opt out option for unwanted distribution list

Chaya

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Pros

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

Cons

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team what stage project is in, and no easy way to get budget forecasts. Also, navigation around the program was not very logical and user-friendly for many staff members. Lastly, when we experienced a big hurdle with the accounting features, it took months to speak to a support representative who could talk through the issues. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Kyle

Industry: Restaurants

May 2022

Best available for Document and Project Management

Overall their customer support team has been great helping us in training and getting up to speed with implementation and helping with custom solutions tailored to our unique business needs.

Pros

Procore is arguable the top document and project management solution in the market. Great cross platform functionality and top customer service.

Cons

A lot to be desired in their bidding/estimating functionality, but they are active in releasing updates and improved functionality so I hope this gets better over time.

Reasons for choosing Procore

Overall ProCore offered a better single source resource for the way we were already structured.

Reasons for switching to Procore

We still use smartsheet for alot of our tracking functionality, but the budget, document management, and SAGE linking made this an easy trasition.

Asher

Procore Review

Pros

I like how Procore integrates everything we need for a construction project into one place easily accessible by the entire team. It is very useful that the software allows us to see the most up to date information and plans, lead tender processes and share documents all on one platform.

Cons

I think that there is some work that could be done to make it easier to shift through plans in Procore. One major functionality that I was not able to figure out in Procore was how to view the entire set of plans that were up to date at a certain point in time in order to analyze a change order. I have also done many construction bids through Procore, it would be better if it was a little bit easier to compile tender packages directly on the program. I also find that the program sometimes will run very slow for all users. This often makes it difficult to properly review plans and changes.

Rica Mae

Procore Review

Pros

Procore is a must have specially if you're on a construction firm. This tool enables to boost our productivity, we're engage to do more business as we are not facing any more problems matching data and no more problems on data loss. Managing of ongoing projects, finished projects has been so easy. I can quickly monitor all the things need to take care. Collecting of report and analytics is so easy with Procore

Cons

No issues with the software, the services is also great as they taking care of our inquiries at a very fast manner

Max

Almost Procore

Pros

I used Procore for general site prints and basic detail pages for footing/columns/grade beams etc. I found while an amazing luxury just to have an entire set of prints in your pocket, it still needs refining. The tech is a little glitchy sometimes and is hard to navigate. I have been told it is improving and can say last time I used it my experience was slightly improved.

Cons

Sometimes it would glitch and send me to the incorrect page or detail I selected. Can be a little complicated but I would say it's normal if you are trying to make an entire set of structural drawings pull up on a tablet in a job trailer.

Erwin

Industry: Architecture & Planning

project management made easy

It is a great software and it streamlined our project coordination!

Pros

Keeping track of submittals & RFIs without spreadsheets is awesome! you can get responses and inquiries and address construction issues in real time. Apart from being easy to use, the updates and notifications are great features.

Cons

it would be nice if you have the ability to mark up drawings. The downloading of drawings and attachments are not pretty straightforward.

Simon

Excellent Heavy Hitting Product

Pros

Procore has an excellent user interface and well thought out features to integrate it's various components.

Cons

Scheduling is not an integrated feature and requires additional software to bolt on. This is fine for many large commercial outfits that are already in their scheduling softwares but lacks creativity in bringing forward a one stop shop product that covers all the construction needs for the premium price they charge.

Nikhil

Procore is very productive

Procore gave me a very good experience, it is totally recommendable to everyone.

Pros

. Very useful for every type of organization . Very easy installation and implementation . Quick customer support services . Easy-to-use interface . Very safe and secure

Cons

The meeting minutes section is very clunky and hard to use, the only cons I got till now. Otherwise, it is very useful.

Great and helpful app

Pros

The app is very easy to use and all of the features are essential to the workload being given by my company. Also, reporting and analytics can be sent in one click which saves up alot of time for our team.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't update real time. A lot of refresh button needs to be clicked for it to be updated on the software.

Vickie

Project History

Tracking all drawing rev's; tracking all change events (whether resulting in an adjustment to budget or schedule or not).

Pros

Procore provides a complete project history, from start to finish, including all revisions to drawings, parties receiving information, etc. No project data is ever lost or discarded.

Cons

Do not have the ability to create a duplicate transmittal, would be extremely useful when submitting documentation.

Reasons for choosing Procore

Excellent customer support as well as training and continuing ed modules.

Amira

April 2022

Ensure the successful management of contracting projects and perfect organization of project data

Procore has provided us with great flexibility in managing the project, and we have eliminated many of the mistakes that we were making previously when preparing the various submission tables in the project. With Procore, you can, with simple steps, filter Shop drawings Logs or RFI's Logs, for example, and know the status of the topic that Looking for it and following it up with other members by sending them notifications. Indeed, it simplifies many procedures and keeps all tasks and project activities under constant follow-up.

Pros

What I like most about Procore is the perfect organization that it provides for all documents, reports, and communications of project members on the cloud, which enables all team members and stakeholders to be kept up-to-date and informed of everything that is going on with the project. I appreciate how providing all project management tools in one place simplifies the procedures and saves a lot of time, as most of the outstanding issues are resolved directly, as all concerned will have knowledge of the matter and will communicate with each other to implement the appropriate solution. I love the reports that are prepared by Procore, as they cover all project management functions and show in a modern format that includes graphs and tables the general status of the project's business and completion percentages and also cover all financial aspects and much more. I appreciate that Procore acts as a database that includes all project correspondence, drawings, reports and material delivery requests, and through several logs that show the dates of submission and response, you can know the status of each request or scheme with ease.

Cons

Procore is ideal for contracting projects, and I don't think there are any negative things or technical problems, as it is connected to the cloud and has an amazing interface, it depends only on the work team and their cooperation by taking advantage of all the wonderful tools available in Procore.

hedaia

February 2022

Multi-tasking platform that covers all project needs

He mainly contributed to the accurate preservation and documentation of all project records, and through the updates that were issued by him, we were able to know the status of those documents and whether they were approved or not, which facilitated my work as a planning manager, especially when preparing time claims. I also noticed a decrease in the numbers of RFI's, because many of the interferences were resolved by it and there is no longer a need to send them, which reduced the downtime and positively affected the percentage of work completion.

Pros

An easy-to-use multi-tasking platform that covers all project needs, through which the work team will be able to manage all project documents and keep records that show the status of each of them and whether it has been approved or is still awaiting review by one of the project parties, and its connection to the cloud gives it an additional advantage and helps the work team To continue its work remotely without stopping. Procore has many collaborative features that enable more than one team member to collaborate to complete a specific task, and its integration with many of the applications we use daily, reduces work repetition and facilitates data import and export operations. Procore is one of the best tools for dealing with site interference directly and without the need for an internet connection. It is enough to own any of the tablets on which Procore is located, and start reviewing and then adopting the appropriate solution. It saves time on the on-site team so that they don't need to go back to the office, hold meetings and print a lot of charts, Procore shortens it all in a unique way.

Cons

Not much, as when adding a new member to the work team, he needs days of training to master the use, add to that the way to customize some models and tools to suit the needs of the project. However, Procore's benefits for managing projects, particularly building projects, outweigh any shortcomings, and mastering the platform's functionality will offer you the freedom to complete all of your activities on it quickly and efficiently.

Patrick

Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Architect's Perspective

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

Pros

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

Cons

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And speaking of meetings, the meeting minute layout within the program is, to put it mildly, garbage. The software is clearly written with the contractor in mind, as if the CA process on the design team side is almost an afterthought. On my most recent project, I had to work with the GC and Procore in order to have the proper RFI and submittal routing established so items don't sit in limbo and become late.

Reasons for switching to Procore

The sole reason for the switch was the credit provided by the GC after bid for the use of Procore versus other products.

Brittany

Best Construction Software on the market

Procore is my favorite software to use in construction. It eliminates the need for many other systems that help organize and process submittals and RFI's. It is user friendly on for the GC, subcontractor, owner, architect and engineer.

Pros

Procore does it all! Submittals, RFI's, Schedules, Commitments, Change orders. I highly recommend all construction trades use this for ease on their projects. This software does the work of many softwares and eliminates the need for multiple emails.

Cons

They need to work on integrating existing accounting software's. Many contractors using this system are also using their own accounting system so it is dual entry.

Reasons for switching to Procore

Multiple users over multiple companies have access.

Spencer

Procore Year End Review

Emails generated by Procore seem to get ignored more often than not and I believe this is due to their generic nature. For instance, if I am a subcontractor sitting at my computer and I get a Procore notification (or dozens), I don't know if its a submittal request, an invitation to bid, or an update to the drawings. And if i'm getting dozens of these notifications each day, it becomes difficult to prioritize. I've noticed that subcontractors are much more willing to respond to a personal email than to a Procore email. It would be helpful if a Procore notification could more closely resemble a regular email. Who it's from, the subject, short and sweet.

Pros

Procore's construction management tools are both easy to use and functional. Some of the best features that come to mind are the Drawing tool's ability to keep track of current drawings while still being able to review superseded drawings, the Submittal tool's ability to assign submittals to subcontractors so that they know exactly what is required and when it is expected by, and the Punchlist tool's ability to simplify the tracking process and even pinpoint each item to a specific location on the drawings.

Cons

All construction companies have a different way of doing things but Procore, in a way, forces everything to be done a certain way. If you try and tweak things to mimic your company's way of doing things, it may break some of the automated functionality within the software which may cause a lack of continuity and create the potential for user error. Also, some of the tools could use some major improvements. The Drawing tool's markup options are great but they are inconsistent. For instance, when adding text, the only way to change the font size is with a slider bar which makes it difficult to keep things consistent. Also, would it be possible to get a copy and paste feature? The Directory tool is great at keeping companies and users organized and it would be incredibly helpful for companies to add some custom features. For instance, my company likes to track how many employees a company might have, and the states that they are willing to work but there isn't a good way of noting this.

Comprehensive Project Management System

I have worked in residential home construction, single & multifamily construction, multifamily affordable housing, mixed use, and commercial construction projects. I have worked on projects ranging from less than 1K to over 16M. Procore is outstanding for all but small single-family residential projects...I could make Procore work like a charm for this type of construction, but it would take some creativity.

Pros

• Daily Logs are easily completed and sent to the appropriate parties. This means they actually get done which means they are more accurate. Adding photos to the logs is very easy as well. • Procore allows you to put links to photos on your drawing set. This is especially helpful when we send out bid packages...bidders can see more details and existing conditions for our commercial remodeling projects. • If you need to send out a lot of requests for quotes, Procore makes it easy to keep track of everything through the Reports function. PM's can also drill down to see who has or has not opened the invitation...a real time saver! • Procore has a submittal builder built in, so after you upload the spec book, you can click on the builder and it generates a list of possible submittals. You can modify the list to suit your need. This can save days on a large project. • When you upload revised drawing pages, Procore allows you to overlay the pages and highlights the differences with the new set. This is very helpful even if you were aware of the coming changes. It also allows you the chance to note the changes for possible change orders.

Cons

• I'd like to see the ability to more with the mark-up tool. Features that are available on simple take-off software would be nice. Something as simple as being able to place a color-coded dot would be helpful. • When adding people to the directory, it would be nice if when you forget to complete one of the required fields and hit SAVE...rather than delete everything because you forgot that one step...it'd be nice to just give you a message asking you to "please enter missing information". • The way is now, seems rather punitive, but I'm sure they will change it. • I'd like to see other types of scheduling options become compatible with Procore. I do use MS Project, but not everyone does. Project is rather pricey and would be another software product to learn.

I am a construction project manager for a multi-family construction general contractor.

It saves time, collects a ton of data into one place, and there are no limits on size.

Pros

I have used the software previously as a subcontractor and now working for a general contractor. Procore keeps all necessary construction documentation in one, easy to access place with no space restrictions. It can be utilized offline for those out of the way projects. Once the system is understood and practiced, it is quite useful. Sometimes my office is 500+ miles away from the jobsite. I can be on the phone with my superintendent, looking at the same documents while on the phone discussing the issue. Submittals and RFI can be turned around in a day (if all team members are paying attention and on board with Procore.) I can have owners included on the system with limited access to photos and reports. Everyone in our office uses Procore; project managers, coordinators, AP, AR, and directors. I remember how we used to do everything with hard copies and ship back and forth between team members. Procore speeds up the process and streamlines everything. I also had to sit through depositions for a project that went wrong, 6 years after the project was completed. All of the evidence was either printed emails, or hard copies of daily reports, pictures, etc. I feel like I would have been better covered and better represented if I had all of my documents organized within the system and structure of Procore.

Cons

While Procore is a great system, it is a complicated system and takes some time and training to adopt and master. Like any other program, Procore can only be as good as the data and information uploaded. I find it most difficult to get architects and engineers on board initially. Once on board, most of them question why they were so reluctant, but it is almost always a process. Subcontractors are very similar, although many of our subcontractors still fax over using email.

Brian

Procore saved us from cobbled together Excel spreadsheets and poorly implemented SharePoint sites

Better clarity into the activities, documentation and critical information associated with our project, which number in the hundreds. Procore allows us to easily collaborate with our employees, outside members, other consultants, our clients, etc. Perhaps most importantly, Procore enables us to better serve our clients by keeping critical project information together in a trusted system. It has even enabled us to compete with much larger firms by showcasing the quality of work product produced from within Procore.

Pros

As an Agile-led development team, Procore is constantly improving their product through extensive analytics and actual customer feedback. This is a process I've witnessed first hand. In terms of the product, Procore integrates all the key tools needed for managing projects in the built environment. In addition, the product helps reinforce best practices in construction project management, which coming from a forensic expert, that's definitely a good thing when it comes to proactively managing risk. If more companies simply relied on tools like Procore for managing their projects, there would be a measurable decrease in claims, disputes and litigation.

Cons

Despite extensive multimedia training materials, Procore remains a very difficult tool for onboarding new employees. In addition, the Procore marketing materials didn't set proper expectations for the overhead required to implement Procore company-wide. Additionally, Procore has made the decision to really focus their tools and the language used for describing those tools on very specific roles - primarily general contractors, at-risk CMs with trade contractors and engineers occupying the second tier or class of clients. For agency CMs, architects, other consultants, etc., use of the product is somewhat different from how the documentation describes it.

Patricia

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been extremely helpful. It's always great to get a call request from the designers related to a suggested change that you put in wanting to make sure that what they are looking to do will meet your expectations or at least how they can better meet your expectations. I love signing into Procore and having the popups telling me what new changes they have implemented overnight, shows they are always growing and improving their product to better meet the needs of their clients.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

Cons

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same or extremely similar projects each and every time, there needs to be a Corporate level for reporting purposes and what they now have as "Company" level would be more the project level for those projects that are almost identical and/or being performed by the same project group. Changes made to the company level affect all the projects underneath that company and many settings are only at the Company level so if your projects aren't VERY similar to each other this may not work out well. In our case, Procore has managed a work around for this but it causes many of the executive dashboard functions to not work right. Limited customization but with a little ingenuity you can figure out ways to make things work.

Josh

Great Program Overall; however, a few features and processes that need fixing

Procore overall is an excellent program. Their cloud-based platform works really well for compiling large amounts of data among many users. Store and share essentially unlimited job-site photos. Upload the project drawings and enable great team collaboration with their drawing editing tools; such as, linking RFIs to a section of the drawing, or highlighting a specific detail to ask the team about later. In project management software, the inclusion of a functional mobile app is crucial and Procore nails it fairly well. For our construction management use, we are pleased with the auto-reminder feature in-which the person responsible for approving RFIs, Submittals, ect.. will receive daily reminders to complete their over-due tasks. The tool is also highly advanced in setting specific permissions per user - maybe you don't want your subcontractor to view all of the project data - Procore makes this easy.

Pros

> Unlimited storage for your project photos, documents, drawings, etc... > Easy to use, free mobile app (Android & iOS) > Everything is archived and stored in an organized manner, it's like having your entire project in a cloud-based filing cabinet > The project / company directory tool is really great and well organized, you can also easily download a contact's business card for upload into Microsoft Outlook > The daily log tool is excellent for the superintendent to record all day-to-day activities on the job-site. A report can be produced looking at all daily logs throughout the project. A great asset to have in the occurrence of a dispute.

Cons

> The built-in scheduling tool is cumbersome and sub-par. It's better just to run project scheduling out of different software all-together (I.E. Microsoft Project or Primavera). However, Procore does allow for you to upload your MS Project or Primavera files, this is very handy. > You cannot create sub-folders within the Photos tool. Just one folder per location / subject to store all of the photos in. We would find it useful to have sub folders, such as: Folder 1 = Pre-Construction Photos, Folder 2 = Building A, Folder 3 = Unit 101 ... ect... > Once an RFI is created and sent, it cannot be edited. there are many instances in which we need to modify RFIs after they've been sent, sometimes the client even requests it from us. > It'd be great if the Photos tool on the mobile app allowed for users to take pictures using the cell phone's volume buttons

Dani

Just one of the many project management software available

First let me start by saying that I've used Sage CRE 300 project management, Submittal Exchange, and Newforma Project Cloud. They each have their benefits. I pushed for Procore because it was an all inclusive product. We use one of the other programs as well as eNTERFACE (for Daily Reports), PlanGrid (for drawings), ShareFile (for sharing documents), Outlook, AIA Contract Documents, DocuSign (for e-signatures) and a handful of others just to manage a job. I was tired of bouncing around between programs, often duplicating file storage or data entry. I spent months researching the available project management options that would also be available from essentially anywhere...job site, office, home, etc. I have been using Procore for about six months and there are things that I love and things I don't love. I would still recommend the product, if you need an all-in-one solution. I will try to highlight my more important Pros and Cons. When I say "Module" I really mean tab. There's a tab for the directory, documents, drawings, submittals, RFIs, emails, etc. I consider each one a separate module because they could really function on their own.

Pros

1. Comprehensive package. Allows for integration with out accounting, but we haven't opted to go that route yet. Can eliminate many of the other programs we use, but not all. 2. Can limit user access, so I can give everyone access to just what they need. 3. Lots of online training available and assistance from the very start. 4. Fairly easy to use once you know what you are doing. 5. Accessible from any internet-accessible device. 6. Constantly talking about improvement. I haven't been through a major upgrade yet, but they seem to take into account what the contractor needs.

Cons

1. Modules aren't consistent. For example, submittals allow me to edit on behalf of someone. RFIs do not. I've seen this in other products where one tab or module works one way and the other tab is set up different. I expected more consistency between the modules, submittals and RFIs especially. 2. No separate module for ASIs. They can be linked to drawings and markups, but there's no ASI log that people can view. I can save the ASIs in a folder in the online documents, but the user has to go search for them. I can send email notices out to subs, but if a new sub comes on board, they will not have the emails. 3. I cannot scroll through RFIs easily. In Sage I can move easily from one RFI to the next if I'm searching for something particular. In Procore, I have to open an RFI, close it and go back to the log and open the next RFI. One of the things I wanted to do was cut down on the number of steps it took to get to the data I needed. Procore adds steps in this case. Same for Submittals. I have to open/close/open the next. 4. The Save or Close buttons are often way down at the bottom of a window. If I have to go in, enter just a few pieces of info at the top of the submittal or RFI, I then have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Some companies put a Save at the top and bottom for that reason. 5. Was told I could use my iPad/iPhone but the apps are only for information. I cannot add to the contacts/directory unless I login through Safari. 6. So much data on the screen that sometimes the key pieces I need are off the screen. Needs more work on setting up for various screen resolutions. For example, submittal titles and numbers aren't visible when I'm scrolling to the right. Needs something similar to Excel's Freeze function. 7. Email module doesn't work quite like I had hoped. I can drag emails into the online program, but it's difficult to search and view them. Some of the text gets jumbled with the date. They don't even have the Emails on the iPad/iPhone app. No way to sort them other than to tag them, which is difficult. If I copy a ton of emails over, then I have to tag each one manually. Not an efficient process yet. 8. Not easy to bulk edit. Procore had to upload our submittal log for us and then I needed to change a lot of it because it was our first upload. We had to manually open each submittal and edit the information I needed to add or change. 9. Data itself seems difficult to change like contacts, which cannot be deleted, even if you've never used them. Can only mark inactive. Benefit in some cases, but if you enter their email address wrong, it's there unless you contact them to delete it. I would love to be able to do more import/exporting on my own. It would make data entry a lot easier. Especially when setting up a job or entering commitments.

Brynne

August 2016

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Pros

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me really enjoy it. It makes life easier by keeping record of just about every aspect of a project. It's extremely helpful that Procore keeps track of emails for you in regards to things like submittals. This makes it so there is no confusion about whether or not an email was actually sent or received. The software also allows construction documents to get approved in a more time efficient manner. I love that the architect, or whomever is the approver, can do so online via a credible software instead of just word of mouth, or in an email. It is much more legitimate. In terms of the vendor, they have been great. Their customer service is outstanding. They are readily available to help no matter what time of day it is - which is wonderful. They also provide many tutorials and seminars to help get a deeper understanding of the software and all that it does. Every time I have contacted customer service they have been quick and to the point. I really appreciate this because when I am at work, my time is even more valuable and I have a sense of urgency with everything I do. Being in the construction industry there are always crucial deadlines that are important to make. I don't have time to sit and chat with customer service for hours as they ask me annoying protocol questions that jump around the initial question that I have. So Procore has really been great with that.

Cons

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,503 reviews