All Google Voice Reviews

Google Voice - privacy and connectivity

Rick

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Google Voice is our primary phone service

Google Voice is the BEST way to have a second phone number on your cell phone. It's been our primary work phone number for many years.

PROS

Being mobile and working perfectly on my cell phone is by far the best feature.

CONS

I wish I could more easily have more phone numbers connected to my Google account.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

Initially because it is free.

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

Google Voice was free and has a fantastic mobile app.

Ryan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

A Great Service For Digital First Companies - But Canadians Be Aware!

SMS features need to be clearly stated before the sign-up process is launched. It was disappointing to discover that our selected solution wouldn't allow for texting - a key feature in 2023.

PROS

Transferring existing numbers was a breeze, we had zero issues setting up new lines, linking mobile phones to numbers and with a Google integrated system, our IT Management was easy as possible.

CONS

Be aware - CANADIAN users - Google Voice doesn't support SMS or text based features for Canadian phone numbers. This means no access to authentication systems required for mobile and remote work. That made the product a none starter for us, and after moving our whole system over, we had to move it right back to a competing service that offered SMS features.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

We chose Google Voice because of brand trust and quality of Google Calendar and meeting call quality. We ultimately used VoIP because it allowed text and call features even though it had a more difficult to use interface and setup.

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

Cost and ease of use - Google is a trusted name with a history of clear call quality. We also leverage a range of Google products so fully integrating seemed like a solution.

Amanda

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Google Voice

Google voice has been a long time solution for voicemail. It is very useful for voicemail, and keeping a number.

PROS

This software lets me keep a phone number that will not change, even if my cell phone numbers change. This number is also useful in cases where only wifi is accessible.

CONS

When it forwards to my cell number, the recording "you have a call from ..., to answer, press 1", it sometimes malfunctions. I press 1, and it goes to voice mail anyway, causing me to miss the call.

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

pinger is a less reliable piece of software.

Chandler

Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Easy to use contact center

PROS

I like how Google Voice was attached to my email. If I missed something on Google Voice, I still had things come through in other spots I would see it.

CONS

Google Voice only allowed for a specific amount of contacts. We met the limit fairly fast and then had no capability of adding any more.

Reviewed November 2021

Long lasting free integratabtle phone services

I've had a great experience. It's one of the longest running apps I've used on a daily basis and Google always keeps it up to date and has consistently brought new integration possibilities out to keep it worthy. Plus it's free. When I've changed carrier services I've always been able to count on voice to have me stay reachable. I never have to worry about keeping the bill paid to keep my number active.

PROS

Its free for text to anyone and any number and calling to any US number is free. Ive been using with the same number for about 10yrs. The Google voice number has lasted longer than my paid carrier numbers. It integrates with paid carriers so texting can be done without an internet connection. Forward incoming calls to your carrier number. Have voicemails transcribed so you don't have to listen to them. Record live telephone calls. Protect your personal number and give businesses your voice number. Did i mention it's free?

CONS

There are a lot of options like recording live calls and voicemail transcribing but it could have so much more but honestly you can perform nearly everything you need from it's free package. It does become an issue with some services because the phone number is considered VoIP or an internet number and not a "real" number and using it to sign up for things can't be done. However; it's becoming more and more accepted as life becomes more intwined with technology

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

I'm always available at the number and never loose service or connection and never loose phone calls

Aziz

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Google Voice for Non-Profit

Google has been pushing out new features and making their product competitive with other products already on the market. The integration with all other Google Workspace products makes this even better as there is less setup/configuration required when rolling out these products.

PROS

Both the web version and app are accessible for our visually impaired users. The integration with our Google Contacts and Google Workspace directory is convenient.

CONS

Not having access to 3 way calling is inconvenient as sometimes as an IT support person I need to get the support reps from other companies on a call with our end users.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

Better pricing and better/easier integration with the Google Workspace products.

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

RingCentral was much more expensive and not accessible enough for our visually impaired users.

Better then Skype

overall satisfied with the tool as I have used other products earlier which are not up to the mark.

PROS

Ease of calling prospects or texting them, can use it as a personal phone as voicemail can be set up.

CONS

If some one else is using the same account then for the incoming calls if 1 picks up then it keeps ringing for others.

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

Skype needs login everytime I use it at least for me, there are other features as well which are outdated.

Hayley

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Google Voice is Great for Small Business

Google Voice has worked out perfectly for my private practice. The price is right and the ease of setup and use have been amazing. I highly recommend for small businesses because it's so easy to incorporate into your existing tech.

PROS

Convenient Tech that I can use on my laptop and and my cell phone. It integrates beautifully and the alerts are so helpful.

CONS

I only wish there were a few additional VA-style features, however for the price I can understand why not.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

Mainly the price but also because I have Google Workspace as well.

Ariz

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2023

It's great if you are just getting started!

It's great for ancillary items, but once you grow past a certain point, it's difficult to recommend.

PROS

It's the cheapest option that requires the least amount of setup. You can be up and running in a matter of minutes.

CONS

There aren't any advanced features, so you can't set business hours or after hours so the system behaves differently under different conditions.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

It was the cheaper option, so we went with it.

Destiny

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2024

Ring Ring

Google Voice is good to use a good alternative is free texting apps. Good for business use.

PROS

Works well with IOS my work computer. Transcription was typically good for calls. Offers free numbers, calls are free in the US, you can call internationally for an extra fee. Easy to sign up and set up your account.

CONS

Collaboration is limited, it can be difficult to manage contacts, be careful with months of none use as your number will be disconnected.

khalid

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

Google Voice review

I can provide you with some information on the experience of using the Google Voice APK based on user feedback.Many users have reported positive experiences with the Google Voice APK, citing its ease of use, low cost for calling and texting, and useful features like voicemail transcription and call forwarding. Some users also appreciate the ability to use Google Voice on multiple devices, as well as the app's spam filtering capabilities.However, some users have reported issues with call quality or connectivity, especially when using the app over a weak or unstable internet connection. Other users have reported difficulty integrating Google Voice with other communication apps or services.Overall, the experience of using the Google Voice APK can vary depending on a range of factors, including internet connectivity, location, and personal preferences

PROS

Google Voice is a communication service developed by Google, and its APK version is the Android package file that contains the installer for the app. Some features of the Google Voice APK include:1 Free calling and texting: With the Google Voice app, you can make free domestic and international calls, as well as send and receive text messages for free.2.Voicemail transcription: The app can transcribe voicemail messages into text, which you can read instead of listening to the audio.3 Call forwarding: You can forward calls from your Google Voice number to any other phone number, so you never miss a call.4.Custom voicemail greetings: You can set custom voicemail greetings for specific contacts or groups of contacts.5.Spam filtering: The app can filter out spam calls and text messages, so you don't have to deal with unwanted communication.Overall, the Google Voice APK is a useful tool for anyone who wants to manage their phone calls and messages more efficiently.

CONS

Limited international calling: While Google Voice offers free international calling to certain countries, calling other countries may incur fees. The rates for international calling can also vary depending on the destination country.No emergency calling: The Google Voice APK does not support emergency calling, so it should not be used as a replacement for a traditional phone service in case of emergencies.Limited integration with other apps: While Google Voice can be used for calling and texting, it may not integrate seamlessly with other apps or services you may use for communication, such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.Internet connection required: Since Google Voice uses internet connectivity to make and receive calls, you need a stable internet connection for the app to work properly.Limited availability: Google Voice may not be available in all countries, so its usefulness may be limited based on your location.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Excellent for small businesses

Overall, Google Voice solved all of our telephone issues. We have been able to add lines for new employees and we also love the ability to use it on our desktops for the employees that field calls in the office.

PROS

Google Voice was integrated into our company a little over 2 years ago. I don't know how we lived with out it before. It was so simple to set up and implement. We love how easy it is to use and also the app. It is a powerful tool.

CONS

There isn't much that I dislike about Google Voice. Once the settings were set up right for our business, it is pretty flawless.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

Google Voice was recommended to me by a colleague. We didn't try out other products in our switch.

Reasons for switching to Google Voice

Price point. Ease of use. Adding lines.

Nicole

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

A Semi-Convenient Home Phone Solution?

Google Voice has been a fairly reliable phone number with Voicemail that is very easy to use and pretty easy to set up if you have a gmail, but it doesn't compare with a cell phone or a landline. I alternate using it with another service called TextNow on my PC, which rings audibly more often but also fails to dial out more often! Also sometimes that number will work in cases where Google Voice is blocked. This is a pretty good way to have a "landline" through your desktop computer, and a nice way to not give everyone your cell number.

PROS

I was mugged and I temporarily have no cell phone and after having tried many wifi calling solutions for my pc, Google Voice has remained my primary go-to phone number. I am grateful there is a free option. Also there is the ability to port your number but you have to pay $20 so I didn't do that. You can also forward calls.

CONS

I'm glad I signed up before my cell was stolen because it is really hard to get a Voice number without already having a number... and I think it has to be a cell number too! The phone doesn't always ring and many people have phone settings that block a Voice number. Also I often have trouble in situations where I need to use the keypad to type in an account number.

Reason for choosing Google Voice

Google Voice works more consistently than most other wifi calling apps set up for a desktop computer.

Gitte

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

The Number One Phone Line For Simple Business'

For the purposes of my small business, it is perfect! Sometimes the voice connection is choppy, but my business is local and it keeps my privacy separate. I love it!

PROS

This was so easy for me to set up. As a senior, ease of use is important for me. I can use this from my smartphone and it is much more affordable than adding a line from my cell phone provider or the other online alternatives.

CONS

It is free for the USA but not for Canada, it is $10 a month which is not bad, but it doesn't seem fair that this doesn't expand across north America.

Reviewed March 2023

Amazing phone software that is very convenient and easy to use

Amazing software that I use every day. A good alternative to an actual phone plan. Cost friendly and useful. 10/10 recommended

PROS

Google Voice is an amazing phone calling service that can be downloaded as an app on a phone and easily used. I prefer using Google Voice because of its simplicity and the many features it possesses. I find calling different people on Google Voice to be a very simple task. The cost associated with Google Voice is very reasonable and probably lower than other carriers and is therefore a very money saving option. Some of my favourite features are how Google Voice can switch your voice message into a written message to the reciever. Another great feature is that you can call multiple people at the same time. The quality of Google Voice is good most of the time and therefore is highly recommended. You don't need much experience with technology to be able to figure out how to use Google Voice.

CONS

Google Voice will occasionally crash but this has only happened twice to me when I was in very cold weather. I have been used Google Voice for a while now and I am very pleased with the services and features it provided.

Ouattara

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2022

A cloud phone to get a number and use it on PC or smartphone

I used it only for personal use. To call family or friends, one more tool does not hurt. But it can also be used for professional purposes, with its directory and group management.

PROS

A tool that was very popular in the early days of its release. But nowadays it is relegated to second place, with the new instant call tools. I loved using Google Voice. It allows you to have a second phone line in your phone, but this time in the cloud. With the app, you have a phone number for your calls, texts, and many other services. You can also create and manage a phone book. And since it is linked to your Google account, you can use it on another device, smartphone, or PC. I think it's always up to date. I highly recommend it. You will surely enjoy it

CONS

- Only used with Google Accounts- Its services are sometimes limited in some countries

Tigran

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Great for a free phone number

Free phone number with email forwarding for text messages and cell phone forwarding when you don't have WiFi - what else would you need?

PROS

I use Google phone numbers for my businesses daily and I like that they are free (also can pick a number with the local area code). It is nice that I can call from my laptop or any other computer after I sign to my Google account.

CONS

Google Voice is not very stable, but it seems to get better with time. I had to switch from Hangouts after it got discontinued.

Hangouts was discontinued.

David H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2018

Comprehensive voice communication and text messaging productivity tool

PROS

I've used this service back when it first launched as GrandCentral (renamed to Google Voice). I still use it today as the primary phone number for my marketing consulting business. Google Voice is a telephony service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers in the U.S. and Canada. A huge bonus, Google Voice offers one of the lowest international calling charges. Don't pay your mobile service provider high prices for international calling. Use Google's service with the mobile app on your smartphone to call anywhere in the world via clear and consistent high-quality Voice-Over-IP.

CONS

I use the Web and mobile app and have never had any issues. That said, it's user support (online) is somewhat limited, and configuration will require an investment in time to learn and apply all the capabilities.

Timothy