RingCentral MVP

RingCentral MVP Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The value of the comprehensive business package for the very affordable price."
  • icon"I liked the usability with RingCentral. I was able to change the phone number on caller id very simply and it was a great integration with Salesforce."
  • icon"Overall it was a pleasure to use, and I would highly recommend it to anyone as long as you don't need a phone solution that can Integrate with Pipedrive."
  • icon"There is a user limitation (max 4) on the RingCentral Meetings portion of the base software that really makes it unusable without upgrading, so that was a bit disappointing to find out."
  • icon"The only complaint I have is that if you dont start your meeting within 5 minutes of logging into the meeting then the system kicks you out and you gave to call back in and start over."
  • icon"I emailed, went to facebook and used the chatbot to try and cancel and no one executed my cancelation and was charged for the service."

All RingCentral MVP Reviews

Anjan

Company size: 5,001 - 10,000 employees

Seems a like Zoom copy without the Zoom features

Max

Very Cost Effecient Way to Provide Seamless Phone Service for Local and Remote Employees

I have had a positive experience with RingCentral. We use it for all remote employees and our local conference rooms. Once the IT team had the process down for adding groups and numbers everything has run smoothly.

Pros

RingCentral was very easy to setup for our local office as well as remote employees. We mainly went with RingCentral for this functionality. I could order and ship a phone to a remote employee or set up a phone number for remote employee without them needing a phone and all they would have to do is plug in the phone or log in to RingCentral to get going. Call routing and everything else was seamless to the remote employees.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve in configuring the different groups. The customer success team is there to help you get started over the phone and generally available to help whenever needed. It was a bit of a pain to get started, but this was in 2015. It was quite a few emails back and forth with an account rep to get the right plan and block of numbers.

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

Pricing and features made us choose RingCentral.

Laura

RingCentral MVP

Overall, RingCentral is a very useful tool, for online meetings, since its very user-friendly, it gives very helpful options and it serves as a tool to monitor and share information with my coworkers. As mentioned before, I don't use the app, but the browser version is fairly good. It shows the participants (which is a useful tool to make sure no one else is added to the call), in this section of the call, also shows who's the monitor, and the rest of the participants, along with the camera and microphone option, which allows us to let the other participants know if they are talking but we can hear them or vice-versa. It's just as useful as other video conferencing apps. Fair price and easy to use.

Pros

I like the fact that I can get on my weekly meetings with my coworkers. Sent them the invitation and they can join right away. I have the option to schedule meetings with them and share my screen and the communication is very efficient. I have never experienced errors or delays while in a meeting.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to log in when I'm not the one hosting the meetings.Since I use the website version and not the app when I click on the invitation link to get into a call, it always tells me to download the app, and that prevents me from going right into the call. Also, after I click on the link, the waiting time to show me the screen and the call window is longer than other apps I have used.

Mario

October 2022

Good from far, far from good.

Horrible experience. We stayed with them because we signed a contract without fully evaluating the platform. Tech support was pleasant, but insincere, and seemed more concerned with getting you off the line rather than the resolve the issue, and they used the expression 'system limitation' so much that I stopped calling. The icing on the cake was that after honouring the two-year contract with a platform that did not meet our needs and we were not using, the contract auto-renewed itself for another two years. 2 or three hours on the phone with various representatives later, they would not budge and would charge us a full cancellation fee. Sat part is that I will spend more in legal fees to get out of this mess, but I'll be damned if they will see another dime from us.

Pros

Initially, it looked good, and it had all the features we wanted. Signed up for it, and once we started doing testing we realized it was not a good fit for us.

Cons

Where do I start? First off, while this may affect Canadian users, whenever we received an incoming call, the CNAM lookup would only show the name of the city the call was originating from. Not the name or the number. After hours of talking to tech support, the only workaround was to turn the CNAM lookup off so we could at least see the number. Getting this half-fast workaround to work was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. Talking to people a world away and getting them to understand what the issue I was experiencing, including screenshots and videos, felt like talking to a wall. They could not understand why I had an issue with only seeing the name of the city on call display. The tech support kept referring to system limitations whenever they could not solve something. The salesperson has mislead us and told us we could manage multiple lines from one interface. That is not the case. You have to log into each line separately. As a small team, we wanted to have everyone have access to certain lines and be able to jump in on a conversation. That could not be accomplished. This platform was clearly not a good fit for us, but we signed a contract, and made the best of it.

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

It seemed to have more features for the price.

Wael

Industry: Translation and Localization

August 2022

A reliable and cost-effective solution for Internet Telephony

Amazing, the best VOIP software.

Pros

1-The Customer service staff are very helpful especially that you are assigned to an account manager who is responsible to answer all your queries and account. 2-The trial period gives you a taste of all features. 3- You can access the windows software , chrome extension and PWA 4-Price is amazing for the quality service. 5-The switching between the windows app and the web based one . 6- Adjusting the calling welcome tone. 7- Zero down-time 8- You get what you pay for and even more , it's much cheaper than a lot of rivals in the market which offer the same service. 9- No setup- fees. 10- The availability of landlines from different countries based on your work needs. 11- Voice calls quality is crystal clear and exceptional. 12-The software is compatible with my Voyager Focus UC headset and I can answer the calls from my headset.

Cons

-I want to see live captions for calls done on the windows app not just the web based version and videocalls. - videocalls could be better. -offering call recording for all subscriptions

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

Quality , Cost effective , does not cause any financial damages to your budget.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral MVP

Very expensive for one user. Setup fees are high.

Lesly

September 2022

Efficiency for your business

Pros

We have been using Rippling for the last 4 years. We started with a small staff to now about 100. Ring central has been very efficient in keeping everyone communicated since most of the staff is on the field. Very easy to use and the customer service is exceptional. Never had any big issues, but as a growing company we've needed to implement changes to adapt to our growth, and their customer service has been very professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

We never had any issues or anything we don' like about the system. We've actually have aquired separate sets for our grown regions.

October 2022

Feature packed product but service is lacking if something goes wrong!

They have the best offerings and are the most reliable service. Just lock you accounts with a separate vPN and make sure you never need their support!

Pros

I love the features, and the excellent design. The platform is very easy to use.

Cons

The support is little to none when something goes wrong. Salespeople give you much attention but account managers pay you no attention once signed up...

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

Went back to the provider I had before, where the number was being held hostage!

Nextiva could not get my number from Ring Central

Gabriel

recommend it over Slack

Team communication is flawless. VOIP works great with a vast variety of area codes to choose from, and it has allowed international calls. I can receive and send text messages and fax as well. Video calls work great and they're very simple for someone outside the platform to set up.

Pros

it's packed full of features like a proper VOIP, video meeting, calendar integration...etc. I can have conversations with clients and track everything in one platform.

Cons

It's UI isn't the prettiest. It's not an eyesore by any means but it can be improved. Notifications don't seem to pop-up on my phone in real time, they tend to take 15 minutes to show up.

Expensive, but Good

Pros

This is an industry standard, and works very well for what we use it for. We only use the calling features at the moment, but that works great for us.

Cons

We get too many calls from new account reps trying to sell us on an upgraded plan or new features. I've explained that we're not interested, but they keep calling.

Satisfactory, not extraordinary

I will call my experience satisfactory experience but not extraordinary mainly because of initial struggles.

Pros

RingCentral is an audio/video conferencing meeting system. It does a decent job of setting up, join meetings, and capture recordings. If you understand how this works, it's very easy to get on with the system.

Cons

While RingCentral works most of the time, not without challenges and especially during the initial days. The interface somewhat looks cluttery and could've been more intuitive.

Claudia

November 2022

Perfect to save money in you telephone bills

You can install the app, take calls anywhere, send them to the voice mail, its really great.

Pros

Easy to use, friendly software no hassle

Cons

Nothing really, I like it all. Its a great tool

Brandi

November 2022

Ring Central is better than the trendy apps for business calls!

With Ring Central, we're able to record calls for training, make seamless transfers to other team members, block spam callers, and our team is able to have access to one shared company line as well as private extensions. It's a business-saver when we all work remotely!

Pros

The call recording has been huge for training our team members. The ability to transfer a call to someone with the Ask First is a feature not many apps allow, AND the fact that if my team member can't answer, I can then transfer the call back to myself for taking a message is something we haven't found in any other phone app. In other apps, if I did an Ask First transfer then the person was just lost entirely which was not good for business.

Cons

The one thing that has been less favorable is that your native phone app can/will ring over top of the Ring Central app. So it's possible to be on a Ring Central call and then have your native app ring in a call on top and you can't hear the Ring Central call. I also wish that if one of my other team members answers a call on our shared line, it wouldn't show as a missed call for me. But these are little things compared to all the benefits of the RC app.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral MVP

With Dialpad, we were unable to bring a call back if the person we transferred to couldn't answer. Then the call was just lost and they'd have to call us back to get to the person's voicemail.

Michelle

May 2022

Affordable and Intuitive Option for Small Business

We were looking for an affordable, integrated platform that can be used for both internal collaboration and as an external calling solution. Our staff is grateful to no longer give out their cell numbers for calls, but to be able to get calls forwarded through the app. Overall, RingCentral MVP was easy to implement and we're satisfied.

Pros

RingCentral is convenient and easy to use, especially where we need it most- that is, making calls and sending texts to our clients and external partners from our app or desktop. Even for staff members who don't have extensions, it's easy to forward Voice Messages via email, since they come in as an attachment. Our team was moving from a dial-only system and had reservations about transitioning to a feature-rich cloud based phone line- but everything is easy to use and straightforward, from integrations to scheduling to sharing files. We weren't expecting that we'd use the reporting feature, but that also comes in handy as we can collect data on who is making calls and sending texts at what durations and who is successful in connecting, all which supports time management for our caseworkers.

Cons

Periodically, customer support will have you waiting for a long time. When there's a technical glitch, this can be an issue. However, it's only happened an handful of times, and we're overall satisfied.

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

The pricing was better vs enterprise versions of the other platforms, and our sales team was able to set us up very quickly.

Shane

Industry: Wholesale

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Full Communication Suite

My overall experience with Ringcentral is very positive. The purchasing experience was quick, helpful, and easy. Once we purchased the software, we had all of the support we needed to get started. We were up and running very quickly and training users was easy. I highly recommend the product.

Pros

The best thing about the software is how intuitive and easy to use it is. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel and give you an interface that you've neever seen before. Everything seems to be placed where you would expect it to be and you don't need to constantly dig for information. I also like that over the past few years they have moved all of their apps into one app to make it that much easier.

Cons

I don't like that their used to be more than one application for meetings, calling, and instant messaging. It was tedious to switch between them all. Now that they have merged them all together, it's much better.

Features, Price, and Ease of use

Reasons for switching to RingCentral MVP

8X8 had a lot of issues with their messaging system. This resulted in messages slipping through the cracks and poor user / customer experiences.

Ryan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

They saved us from an ancient ShoreTel system, and helped us embrace remote work

RingCentral has been in business voip for a long time now. They are huge, well defined, and are consistent across the entire experience of sales, design, implementation and training. When you onboard, you feel like you are gaining access to a huge resource that has been doing this long enough to have their game down. You pay more for that kind of experience, and it was worth it to us.

Pros

The platform feels modern and robust. I like that end users can install the client without us having to deploy msi's. The sound quality alone on calls was night in day from our onprem system with SIP trunks. We were worried about quality, but it's been a non issue. It's nice having a platform that is constantly improving over time, without us having to shell out more money to prod the vendor to offer more. If you have solid internet connections into your business, you'll be fine.

Cons

The offering was a little on the pricier side compared to competitors. Worth it in my opinion though.

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

Ring felt the most mature and well developed out of the other offerings. We were willing to pay more for a better overall product and support experience. The platform does feel like unified communication, and is flexible enough with API access that we'll be able to change how we use it over time. The other offerings often felt bolted together from acquisitions to get into the space. Ring felt a little more robust and fleshed out compared to the others.

Reasons for switching to RingCentral MVP

Running an on prem pbx just doesn't make sense anymore when you have fast internet access. We decided our time was more valuable in other areas of the business.

Tony

Industry: Computer Networking

Perfect product for a SME

Very pleased, it serves us extremely well. We have offices in the UK, Italy and the Philippines and can all use the conferencing tools and phone systems as if we were in the same office. We can schedule calls and have them integrated with TEAMS too, so it makes our SharePoint facility a great place for collaborating with our Partners globally.

Pros

The ability to configure the platform as required to meet your business requirements. We use it to handle all inbound calls and can route them to mobile phone, desktops and to voice mail boxes as required. With the seamless integration with Office 365 and with Salesforce we are really well positioned to automate more while providing an excellent experience for our customers.

Cons

At first, it may appear to be difficult to set-up, but after some trials and finding some of the pitfalls we managed to get it operating how we wanted to. Our business is primarily Mac-based, so it is different from Windows. We had a couple of glitches during the early days when upgrading to the latest MacOS but these did get fixed.

Reasons for choosing RingCentral MVP

Having completed a detailed UCaaS RFP for a client engagement sometime before and also speaking with some users who are using the platform extensively, it was a fairly easy decision to make. The economics and the functionality made it a good decision for our business.

Memory

Industry: Broadcast Media

Good for inner-office messaging but not for task management

I pretty much already said everything in my previous comments. This was already being used when I started working for this company so I don't know how it's measured up to people's initial expectations. But it is useful for messaging coworkers and discussing projects and other work-related topics. We use RingCentral meetings a lot. Not only does the entire office use it for our daily morning meetings, but it's also used a lot by individual teams to discuss their projects. This is another feature that has been especially useful during COVID. We used to use it some when we were all working in the office, but it's been a great tool for communicating with coworkers now that we are all home and can't easily walk down the hall to someone's office. From what I understand, this software is owned by Zoom so it has a lot of similar features to that meetings platform. So people that are familiar with Zoom would probably have an easy time figuring out how to use RingCentral meetings. I really dislike the desk phones though - which we received as part of our RingCentral package. They are way too complicated to use so I almost always used my personal cell phone to make work-related calls. I actually find the RingCentral Phone app a lot more intuitive and easier to use than the desk phones.

Pros

I like that you can set up different groups/teams to discuss things with people that are relevant to the conversation. For example, each company department can have their own team or one can be set up for a specific project and you can choose to only add the people involved with that project. You can also have private chats with with one or more people, then turn that chat into a team of you determine that world be beneficial. I also like that you can tag people, decreasing the chance that they'll overlook the message, know it's something important they need to view/respond to, and will see the message more quickly (if they have tagged-notifications turned on in their account settings). It's also nice that it's likes to the office phone system. It allows you to take phone calls made to your office phone on your cell phone if you have the RingCentral phone app (RC Phone) installed. This has been especially useful during COVID. We've been working from home for almost a full year and most people didn't take their desk phones home with them. It's great to be able to receive work calls even though we haven't been in the office. It also integrates with meetings. Each person has their own, unique meeting URL to use if they are scheduling meetings on the calendar. But you can also start a meeting directly within a team and everyone on the team will get notified that they are being called into a meeting.

Cons

My company was trying to use this for the reasons I described above, but also as a task-management tool. Although there are some task-management features built into the software, it's definitely not what I would recommend for that purpose. Because the main purpose of this is for messaging colleagues, the layout is not great for keeping your tasks organized and helping you stay on top of all the various projects you have going on at once. When tasks are assigned to people, they quickly get lost among all the messages that are posted after the assigned-task notification. When we were using this as our only task-management tool, people would often forget about tasks, miss the deadlines, etc.

Chirag