What are Plivo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Plivo software through verified user reviews

• icon"Their customer support if often times friendly and quick to respond, and the console interface looks nice."
  • icon"Great pricing, quick support answers and overall good experience."
  • icon"API documentation and ease of use have been my strongest 'likes' of Plivo. It was really simple to utilize the PHP examples to setup my phone application."
  • icon"This leads us to needing to catch exceptions and compare the error string to understand what's going on when say, for example, a phone number purchase was unavailable."
  • icon"Maybe we're using sub accounts wrong but I think this shouldn't be such a hard thing to implement."
  • icon"We do have problems with alphanumeric sender ID periodically."

Browse all Plivo Reviews

• Have you used Plivo and would like to share your experience with others?

Nomsa

Communication made easy

My experience with Plivo is superb, they deliver results within timelines. Each time when you raise a support ticket, they will not rest until they provide an answer, even if it means they do not have a solution at the moment they will keep you updated with the position and this makes me happy. They provide SMS to our customers anywhere and this makes our business flourish so well.

Pros

I really enjoy using this software because it deliver its purpose when it comes to sending verification to customers anywhere. Very reliable in such a way that when any country is not getting the SMS they react instantly to make sure SMS are sent.

Cons

At the moment there is nothing specifically except that they do not have Calling Support where by as a customer you have the facility of an account manager that you contact directly when anything goes wrong.

Abner

Plivo offers a great per minute Trunk with worldwide coverage

Great service with endless flexibility

Pros

It easily integrates with 3CX and works all over the world. Support has improved significantly compared to the last years and now we are using it much more.

Cons

The service should have templates that work with PBX systems

Reasons for switching to Plivo

TWILIO stopped service to China and Plivo still offers the service.

Good for smaller businesses, not so good for large cross application implementation

It's been ok, aside from annoying API issues and the occasional oddities with the console interface Plivo does provide a good service for smaller businesses that have a low throughput. However for a bigger company like ours that makes heavy use of the API we've found it rather frustrating.

Pros

I like that they offer request logs for all calls and allow you to purchase phone numbers through the API. Their customer support if often times friendly and quick to respond, and the console interface looks nice. They also provide a nice set of API documentation with example requests and responses that allows you to instantly change between languages to make it much easier to understand the system.

Cons

The API leaves a lot to be desired. The main issue I have is that whenever there is an issue often times the API just throws a generic exception with a message like "Object not found". This leads us to needing to catch exceptions and compare the error string to understand what's going on when say, for example, a phone number purchase was unavailable. I would much appreciate it if the API was re-worked to better handle this kind of situation. I really shouldn't be expecting to catch exceptions. To compound the frustration, Plivo has the tendency to update the server side of their API without warning or documentation. This has caused our system to break on a few occasions. This could be easily mitigated by a change-log or hosting multiple API versions. Another issue I find is that the console interface (While it looks nice) it has a fair few bugs with it, especially when viewing request logs. It's also a bit confusing to navigate. I'm not above learning to use a complex system, it's just that there are some strange things. Like how sub accounts are handled. For example there's no capability to search or sort the sub accounts. This makes it really annoying to use, and to make matters worse, there are other pages such as the Applications page and the Endpoints page that support this. Maybe we're using sub accounts wrong but I think this shouldn't be such a hard thing to implement. But that's my point. There are some oddities like this that make the system more difficult to use.

Bolivar

Outstanding quality and flexibility, great customer service

Pros

With extensive SDK's available in a variety of languages, this is definitely one of the most flexible products available today for virtual phone service. Customer service is very responsive and professional.

Cons

Virtual numbers in Belgium present a few quirks such as not showing the caller id on SMS text messages, but this is a minor issue.

Reasons for switching to Plivo

Plivo is a more complete solution, and provides VoIP endpoints.

Travis

My Review of Plivo

I am utilizing the Plivo platform for school districts to help provide a more cost effective phone sharing option. It has been great but I think we will need to do a lot of the heavy lifting ourselves with managing the sub accounts (schools/customers).

Pros

Cons

Account management and the overall UI is difficult to navigate and missing a lot. For instances logs take upwards of 5+ minutes to show, some logs are hidden on one screen, others located somewhere else. Account management for sub-accounts doesn't exist (other than changing the name). Should be a way to further manage them, for instance setting balances and limits for the sub accounts, be able to pull account usage reports/payments more directly related to the sub account. Also the types of numbers and what exactly they offer is not clear.

Reasons for switching to Plivo

Initially cost, though the numbers cost about the same. Also just looking for a 'newer' easier to use system. Twilio was great but visually clunky.

Matthew

Plivo For Business

My experience has been amazing at Plivo. From the time they gave me a trial and even extended it by giving me an extra $ just to keep testing my applications, as I wasn't done yet. Plivo support usually gets back within 24 hours and almost always the problem has been resolved.

Pros

I've built my business using the Plivo platform. The API is easy to use and the price is cheap enough for me to mark up a bit to actually run a viable business.

Cons

Pricing in the United States, Canada, and several countries are perfect, but once you start going into other places, including India, Egypt, Malaysia, etc. The prices are definitely more expensive and while I cater to a global audience, the audience is best when they are from the US, Canada, UK, etc.

Nailed the basics and are starting to emerge into awesome.

We communicate on regular intervals and one off texting communications. i.e. reminders about things at recurring times or this event happened so send the text. They're platform hasn't ever given us problems. Highly recommended.

Pros

Honestly the cost! They beat everyone else (for most counties). Their documentation is pretty good for the most part, and they've done a great job staying up-to-date with their SDKs and optimizations.

Cons

Lacking MMS has bitten me several times and I've had to look elsewhere for those projects. Otherwise they've been sufficient. Syntax for sending multiple messages at once is a unique one, but manageable.

Conrad

Plivo Review by Conrad Frame

It has been awesome. Initial hiccups and setup are 100% offset by the 50% savings over the competition and it has been smooth sailing for over a year since original setup.

Pros

I like that it was (is still?) half the cost of Twilio at the time that I switched over to it and had the same feature set that I was using (SMS api).

Cons

The only thing I struggled with is that I had some missed SMS sends INITIALLY that were reported to me by my customers. Plivo support helped me out a lot here and got me a source number that had a better send rate than the one I had originally chosen myself.

Lucas

Great product, beware of support

Plivo has been a great partner that supports our operations 24/7. It has a few bugs here and there regarding numbers and SMS but overall they provide a great service.

Pros

Call routing works great, the new PHLO system is amazing at testing before deployment.

Cons

SMS tends to be a bit buggy regarding UTF-8, showing accents properly only in a few times. API's are constantly changing..

Ali

A good service with easy and well documented instructions

Pros

If you'd like VoIP or SMS, Plivo is a really good option with its competitive pricing and well-documented APIs. It's easy to integrate and the user interface is fairly powerful.

Cons

Plivo does not still support MMS and that can be problem is you need MMS.

Jane

Excellent for startups

1. We pay about 50% less for the SMS provider services 2. With free inbound SMS we were able to automate our SMS surveys 3. Faster development and debugging with clear API and helper libraries

Pros

We used Plivo for an online SMS chat. 1. Good performance. We've only seen downtime happen once, and we barely noticed it: a few text messages got delayed for about 10 seconds, and that was about it. 2. Low prices. We started with Plivo and a few other, more expensive, SMS providers. No difference in performance at all. Bottom line: low cost doesn't mean bad service. 3. Wide selection of phone numbers. Sometimes people want a specific combination of digits in their phone number (for example, when they want to spell a word). You can use regex in Plivo's phone number search, which make it faster, and in most cases we do find a phone number our client is likes. 4. Easy to use API. It took us a total of 2 hours to fully integrate Plivo into our application. From scratch. And, like any startup, we add new features all the time. Documentation is well-written, error codes make sense, delivery reports help debugging.

Cons

They blocked our account once - we were running a test script that was sending about 50 000 requests/hour. Never happened again since they called us, and verified the account.

Abdallah

Affordable and very good

i set it up for my website for people to receive their security codes to login. and didn't have to change anything in the code since then. and this is what i really love about it

Pros

Easy to use and affordable. When I use an API like email or SMS api. I don't want to go back to the code I implemented and keep changing the code. With Plivio to be honest I didn't have to do this at all.

Cons

I can't think of any Cons. But was hoping for a cheap short code but it's not a big deal

Reasons for choosing Plivo

price, ease to use and functionalities

Price

Alessandro

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Easy

Sending SMS, I'd like a feature that recognize "fake" number like the one provided by https://sms-receive.net or https://smstools.online. With the help of the helpdesk we find out that I cannot receive SMS from US. I bought a landline number to send SMS in USA, Canada and all the rest of the world but I cannot receive SMS. There was no mobile number available to purchase, too. Problem not solved.

Pros

It's easy, cheap and effective. I set up and used the SMS messaging quickly.

Cons

Configuration of SMS Receiver. Not really clear also reading the documentation what all the options mean.

Reasons for choosing Plivo

Easy start and simple clear documentation.

Andy

Plivo Sip calls & SMS - great platform (when it works)

Pros

The API integration with our platform works well. When Plivo is up and running, the service is good. Voice quality here in Brazil has improved a lot over the last few years.

Cons

Mobile calls in Brazil are relatively expensive. Some local competitors are much cheaper. In the past Plivo has changed the ways some of their APIs communicate with our servers, without informing us. This has lead to downtime of our services, and to revenue loss, which would have been totally avoidable with better communication. Finally, in the last few months there have been several instances of unplanned service disruptions, leading to further downtime, loss of revenue and of customer goodwill on our side.

Plivo Integration review

My overall experience with Plivo is great. The only issue I had was there is somewhat of a language barrier in technical support. It should be noted this seemed to improve over time so I'm not sure if they added new people or the existing staff just got better at communicating.

Pros

I can't speak alot about the API itself. The client wanted to generate the Raw XML and this limited our ability to fully utilize all of Plivo's capabilities. However, within the scope of our project we found the Plivo system easy and reliable. The documentation was accurate and it was nice to see it in several different language contexts. We had no problem with lag or failed requests during our testing period. As I understand it, the production environment is running very smoothly.

Cons

I have no complaints about the Plivo software.

Response from Plivo

James, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are constantly working with our Support team to enhance each customer's experience and you should continue to see improvement in future interactions.

Replied July 2019

Anand

Great API and quick customer support, easy to use and build

We are building our own little call center where the end user would call us on a 1x800 number and the call would be then placed on hold until one of the Agents can pick it up sitting on a web portal (SIP endpoint). We have used PLIVO's restful APIs and love the user friendly documentation and the quick customer support that is provided. Recently we have started using PHLO which is a drag and drop sort of stuff to get your things done really quickly with less amount of code to write. This is a hot cake and I would assume would be feature loaded in near future. And all that for a very affordable amount of money. How good is that?

Pros

Great and user friendly API documentation Very quick customer support Value for money And last but not the least PHLO

Cons

I can't think of much but I would assume more features would be added in the near future.

Plivo - A must consider for telephonic services

Plivo has been a good solution for our SMS messaging needs and coupled with good customer support I can't complaint at all. I hope they continue giving as much personal attention to all their customers as they have been giving even when they grow.

Pros

Easy setup Neat API doc Good logs are always welcome You can export reports and stats really intuitively You can easily discover the reason of failure or any other problems which are hampering the overall functioning

Cons

The service especially for SMS delivery can be a bit iffy at times, happened maybe once or twice only over a period of 2 years.

Plivo is a great secondary telephony system

We are providing customers with custom IVR's and outbound test/calls. Plivo is able to give us the basics of what we provide for our customers and has been improving their downtime.

Pros

- Plivo is fairly inexpensive compared to some of its competitors - Plivo is constantly growing and seeking to improve

Cons

- The turnaround time for a support ticket takes too long - Most of the employees are overseas and have a hard time communicating during normal business hours (PST)

Debbie

Plivo Tex Messaging

It was so easy to set up and we've been really happy with it!

Pros

So easy to use with our Jackrabbit class program and so inexpensive! Reply from customer comes up in our emails, you don't have to go looking for the responses.

Cons

I wish when the customer replied I wouldn't have to go back into my jackrabbit program to reply to them.

Reasons for choosing Plivo

At the time was the only one available to us, but I love it!

Mesack

Build Enterprise IVR Systems in Minutes

Pleasure and to use and easy to use.

Pros

Great software and easy to use. Using PHLO its possible to build an enterprise IVR system with logic and no programming skill. This saved me some time.

Cons

Nothing. But would be very useful to add time constraint object to PHLO to give a little more flexibility and control to IVR systems.

Reasons for choosing Plivo

Ease of use. Better and transparent pricing. Good documentation.

Alcides

Very good communication API

Very good API and support.

Pros

Very good inventory number, specially for Latin American countries. You do not have to pay storage of audio recordings Very good support for at not extra cost.

Cons

You are no able to port some numbers in countries such as Argentina You are able to make outbound calls to some 1800 numbers in lantinamerica The API did not add new features.

Diego Ernesto

Plivo, a great choice

Our experience with Plivo to work with IVRs and to send SMS has been excellent. Plivo has allowed us to develop complex solutions in a relatively simple way.

Pros

Plivo gives us a robust platform of unified communications that allows us to not worry about the infrastructure.

Cons

Perhaps the exchange relations of the currencies can make the services in some countries a bit expensive.

Bolivar

One of the best cloud-based communications platform

Plivo allows my business to work seamlessly without having to worry about installing any equipment.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent documentation, instant deployment, phone number availability, new and improved console

Cons

I had some teething issues with some of their phone numbers, which were not show stoppers but it required a lot of emails and phone calls.

Chelsea

A Phenomenal Option for Your Automated SMS Sending Needs

Our company primarily uses the SMS sending functionality of Plivo, and overall, we are very impressed with it. We came to Plivo after a poor experience with a previous product, and the support from their team, as well as the information that we obtain from Plivo's UI, is the best that we have seen so far.

Pros

The support from their incredibly knowledgeable team, and the interface — very simple to get data for analytics, and to review logs.

Cons

When searching the logs for a destination phone number, it does not allow you to search using any phone number format. Being able to search using any phone number format is the one thing I would change if I could.

Pedro

Plivo review

In general I like the platform a lot. I found it very useful to create in short time an IVR and in the future I'll use another characteristics of the platform. The user interface improve a lot for the last released and improve the order of the items. I'd like to see improves in the documentation for developers in the java JDK.

Pros

- Its easy to buy a number in general. - We can create an app very fast and connect with plivo - I had a problem with one of my numbers in mexico and the plivo's team help me and even change the number very fast.

Cons

- In some cases the documentation is wrong about JDK - I nedeed some kind of authentication for my endpoints to guarantee that the requests came only from plivo then I used the authentication described in the documentation but it didn't work. Then the support team told me there was a problem and they needed to solve it. This case alone took a long time to resolve. - The voice used in the IVR some times is not possible to understand due to its pronuntiation.

Plivo