All Textedly Reviews

Great Resource

Ibrahim

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Awesome service for text message

The textedly web text message service is very awesome and it is above my overall expectations.

PROS

Easy to text anyone on your subscriber list. Cheapest text messages services. Quick customer support.

CONS

When you erase any subscriber you cant send them a message until they reenroll by themselves.

Matt

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

It's the one I chose for a reason

Quite good. They were very helpful early on. Since then, it's been an easy platform to use.

PROS

The customer support was great during my research. They promptly answered my questions, even anticipating future considerations.

CONS

There's really not much I don't like. I suppose the layout of the platform itself could be a little better, but that's just personal preference.

Reason for choosing Textedly

The customer support answered all of my questions quickly.

Sasha

Sports, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Giving 2 stars for lack of flexibility for customers.

Good price for messages, but not good service for companies who sending SMS to new monthly, fresh and updated lists of customers.

PROS

I like the price for the service and i`m impressed with a delivery rate. Good job!

CONS

-Problem is you need to pay for keywords that you are not going to use in the next month. For example: I have a fresh list of customers every month and i need to create new keywords with new lists attached to them, but.....as per Textedly advise if "i remove a subscriber from a keyword, there is no way to resubscribe them on your end, even if you create a new keyword" and "We do not recommend deleting your keyword as it will delete all of your message data. It is best to keep your data in the event you are involved in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) legal matter. Penalties are $500 to $1,500 for each text message violation that you sent". So, why customer needs to pay for keywords he will never use in the future?. -Another difficulty for me was a lack of simplicity of platform usage and i need to communicate with a customer service and wait for the answer in order to solve technical issues or receive answers on my questions which i couldn`t find in QA section of Textedly.

Reasons for switching to Textedly

Because of delivery rate of EZ Texting lowered to 50% and i had almost every time 50% bounced messages. Very sad-it was my favorite platform and i`ve been in EZ Texting for a long time.

Nikola

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

A bit too expensive for my needs

PROS

It's great that users can try the product on a free trial (no card required).

CONS

I have limited credits that come with the purchase, I'd prefer to pay as I go.

Reason for choosing Textedly

I just wanted to try the product on a free trial.

Scott

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great Product!!

I needed an easy to use and reliable text service! I read reviews of a lot of companies and settled on Textedly because of its ease of use and economic value. I have been using Textedly for a little over a year and highly recommend it!

PROS

The ease of use! The price is very nice!

CONS

None really! It took a little bit of time to get to know the interface.

Amin

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Like Mailchimp, but for Text

We are a subscription based e-commerce company and we use Textedly to connect with users when their credit card has expired such that they can update their payment method.

PROS

Cost! Of the various texting platforms, we found Textedly to be among the most economical. Additionally, I like that customers can join our text message lists by sending us a text message. This comes in very useful when we are delivering s presentation or are at a convention.

CONS

When you sign up, you’re assigned a phone number like “555-222”. I wish that the number was a normal number, like 612-555-5555, because customer tune out the corporate looking number. Secondly, it is very difficult to text customers individually. Rather, the platform is built for “mass” texts that go to an entire list of people. Finally, there is no ability to add in unique elements into the text. For example, in email marketing you can add tags to include an individual’s name into the body of an email. That type of customization doesn’t exist via Textedly.

sara

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

I Love Textedly!!

It’s been such an effective and efficient way to communicate with my network and customers — with “touch of a button!”

PROS

Textedly is amazing! I love using it to let my network know when I’m about to do a Facebook live or when I’m offering a special promotion or event! It’s SOOO user friendly and the customer service is amazing. I love the link shortener feature and the fact that I can send pics too!!! It’s worth every penny!

CONS

The only con (if there even is one) is that I can only do it from my computer. I would love to be able to access and send messages from my an app on phone too! So perhaps that’s something they’ll implement down the road!

Stephani

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Textedly has provided an easy way to get important information to Customers and business Teams.

An effective way to communicate with Customers and Teams.

PROS

After trying several similar programs, Textedly stood out in Customer service, value and ease of use. The system is clean, easy to use and organized in an intuitive fashion. It is very user friendly. The Customer Service is responsive, helpful and accommodating. The Plans are set to meet the needs of users of all levels. Good product, good service, good value.

CONS

The only thing I would like is an app but they've focused on a good product at a good price and back it with good service so I've learned to adapt to not having an app for it.

Jeffrey

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Awesome SMS Service!

If you're considering adding SMS to your marketing strategies, definitely try Textedly!

PROS

We're incredibly new to using SMS for marketing. Didn't really know what we were doing, honestly. Textedly gave us a super easy intro, how-to, and focus on how to tackle this new aspect of our business. We don't have a huge market that we send texts to, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive. It's made my job of communicating with the field much easier and more personal.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like! Seriously, such an intuitive platform that makes texting our markets a cinch.

Amelia

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Textedly rocks!

PROS

I love how user friendly it is. You can use from your phone or desktop! Our parents love this service!

CONS

I really have noting negative to say about this service. Everyone is very helpful and it is so user friendly!

Kevin

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Good pricing for a no-frills texting service. Responsive customer service.

We're still trying to decide if there's enough value with this vendor to counter the issues with importing/exporting subscribers. We're currently with another SMS vendor that has more features (many that we don't use). We're looking for pricing in the range offered by Textedly, but the import/export functions are so basic and so critical to what we do.

PROS

Pricing is quite good. The administrative back-end is intuitive, and the set-up steps are easy to follow. Good match for smaller businesses setting up this type of service for the first time.

CONS

Unable to export subscribers. The current workaround suggested by Textedly is to copy and paste out of the admin listing of subscribers. Not a good solution. Importing/exporting is a basic function with any database-driven service. Unpleasantly surprised that this function is absent. Importing a current subscriber list is a bit unusual. You send your Excel file via email with your keyword as the subject line. Would prefer to handle everything in the admin back-end. Also can't import subscriber join dates, even though that field does exist in the Textedly database. The Textedly suggested workaround is to put the join dates in a different field, such as the email field. Another area that needs attention. In short, I like Textedly for the pricing and general ease of use. But if your business has an existing subscriber base, and you're looking for a new vendor, beware of a few significant issues with importing/exporting. One can hope that Textedly takes note and promptly addresses these issues.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

A great interface with a user centered functionality

Recommended!! if you are looking for an effective an on-time solution for you message marketing campaigns.

PROS

We are always on the move so we need something which can be easily accessible and flexible. Textedly suits best for instant messaging. It gives us feasibility to send a proper format message so that our customer/clients gets the whole knowledge in a single message, thanks to Textedly. Along with mass messaging, we can schedule it as well for later days. Apart from all other functionality, Textedly has a great customer support, which adds more value to customer experience.

CONS

Satisfied with all the aspects, and so simple to operate, for the cons, there is nothing much but they can always bring something new, which solves the pain issues of email marketing, can have more options in "Filter". Other than that, Great Work Textedly Team!

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Growth Pains

PROS

Ease of use simple to keep subscribers apprised but technical foundation of the platform and accompanying customer support is suspect

CONS

Upon contacting customer support to discuss why messages were stuck in the quu and not being delivered , the company proesse there were no technical issues on their side. After requesting a constructive escalating I was told I that due to issue severity that by rule I would be contacted within the hour ( BTW asked for a method to contact a tech support manager directly and I was refused). It is now 1 hr and 40 min later and the support magt did not reach out because they were overwhelmed by other delivery escalations - meaning there actually was in fact a a platform issue that was being swept under the rug. As a long time customer support professional and a platform user I find this deplorable.

Christina

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

a must have for multi-facility organizations

relaying operational changes and situational awareness in emergencies primary communication vehicle for early closures, relaying pertinent info on road closures to transport and field staff. All of these functions are easily accomplished in 2 minutes or less. This is a vital tool in our safety and emergency preparedness and management toolbox. Look forward to utilizing additional functions offered, but not yet explored in the software. We have 10 sites in 2 states and this tool allows the customization for each site.

PROS

Ease of use, reporting functions, useful for normal operations as well as emergency operational change information stream notification, ability to craft and store common communication templates, easy navigation using the dashboard even for first time users.

CONS

doesn't make coffee but I guess I can live with that

Reason for choosing Textedly

moved to Textedly instead of relying on call down trees

Christopher

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Easy-to-use interface and great way to interact with our customers.

PROS

Interface - it is easy to use for anyone regardless of technical skill. Contact management - it is very easy to upload a CSV file of your customer list or manually enter in a new contact. Searching for a specific contact or keyword tied to that contact is also easy. Ability to schedule texts - this alone is great because I can schedule campaigns ahead of time when a promo goes live and I don't have to worry about setting it up the day-of. Individual and mass texting abilities - our customers love that now we can send individual texts that their order has been shipped and alerts them. Also the ease of use in sending a mass text is the real use of this and having both capabilities really makes this product shine. Price - great value for the product. Texting services are a dime-a-dozen these days and I have used a few but Textedly is the best all around for value of what you get!

CONS

Not a major con, but would like the ability to send messages to specific people or keywords using a filter from the new message page. It already can be done by going to the Subscribers page, performing a filtered search and then sending message from there. It's not a major con and is nit picking since that is only one extra step but that's about the only con I can think of using Textedly.

Tori

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2019

Customer support is nonexistent

Read above.... would love for someone to get back to me.

PROS

While the software was overall fine (had a few setbacks and inefficiencies), I reached out to their customer support team over 3 weeks ago via their chat, email and calling and no one has gotten back to me. I work in a customer-service industry and know how important it is to take care of your customers. With so many software options out there, what sets companies apart is their customer service, which was shockingly disappointing from Textedly.

Reviewed January 2022

Difficult to work with, and unfriendly support representatives

I had a poor experience with their customer support, which was unable to assist me with a basic issue and flaw with their platform. Rather than accommodate our needs, they were short and condescending with me over chat support. Due to their unwillingness and inability to fulfill our needs, they came up with poor excuses for why they couldn't help us.

PROS

Somewhat affordable. Two way messaging is nice.

CONS

They try to scare you into keeping a subscription with them in case your texts are audited and you need records to avoid massive fines! Credits do not roll over. Month to month or annual only. No credit plans. Software is clunky and difficult to use. Help documentation is not robust. Can lead to confusion. Chat support was rude, and condescending. Contact list upload patching is not documented well. Can't re-enable internally un-subscribed contacts. If you cancel your plan, they will close your account immediately (you don't keep access through paid period)

Anthony