• Pros

• "I love that it's so simple and easy to use. Not complicated at all. It's quick to set up and opens quickly."

• "Its free, no cost to setup and no hassle. Iove the fact that it is versatile. I would recommend this."

• "i love how it's editable and you can add to it and it works perfectly even better than paid softwares that being offered from big competitors "

• Cons

• "While the reports are very informative ,they are hard to understand .I would also be very happy with a design update ."

• "It can get expensive, as you pay for minutes. Customer support is pretty much non-existent. Overall, great for a start-up but not something you would want to use long term."

• "good ideas going down the drain due to heavy development cost. lack of reporting flexibility and back end "

Browse VICIdial Reviews

John A from Los Angeles School of Out of Body Travel & Lucid Dreaming

I still can't believe it's free!

It allowed to make my calls with a predictive dialer with all the features you can imagine, eliminate my dependence on land lines, and have a system my agents could log in to locally or remotely.

Pros

First that you can download and install and use it completely 100% free, no strings attached. Second, it has every feature you could possibly imagine for dialing solution software and predictive dialers. Third, the reporting is all one 1 screen, there are many reports, inbound, outbound, carrier reports, etc. Fourth, they have a user forum where, and I kid you not, you can post a question or an issue you are having, and either a VICIdial expert or one of the other many experts on the forum will respond to your question usually within an hour or two, always that same day, and answer your question or help you work through your issue. Fifth, it's now the world's most popular dialing solution software, so you can find answers to about any question by just googling. Sixth, the hardware requirements are low. When I first installed VICIdial I used an old desktop and turned it into a VICIdial server. And seventh and maybe most importantly, VICIdial is constantly evolving. New revisions come out regularly, and new versions of the installer VICIbox are produced regularly, and they are new features constantly, and the program keeps getting better and better! In their next version of VICIbox they are offering a webrtc softphone built right into the program, so you won't need to download and configure softphones anymore. In summary, VICIdial is everything you always wanted in a predictive dialer or software dialing solution, and it is absolutely free of charge!

Cons

I installed VICIdial in March of 2017. It took me a weekend to set up campaigns, upload lists to call, configure a VoIP carrier, and put in the settings I needed for my campaigns. I installed on a Sunday afternoon and started dialing the next day on Monday morning at 9AM. And everything worked! Now it's June of 2018 and I've been using VICIdial for 1 year and 2 months. Although I got everything working the very first day, over time I have discovered the hundreds of features VICIdial offers and how to set them and configure them. The VICIdial system I use today is much different from the one I started with a year ago. Well the system is exactly the same, same operating system, same vicidial same asterisk, but I take advantage of many features now that I didn't even realize VICIdial had when I first installed it. If there is a con about using this software, and I do not believe there is, it would be VICIdial has so many features it takes a little time to learn all of them

Response from Vicidial Group

Replied June 2018

Thank you for the glowing review!

Greg from Optum Home Solutions

Great product, great performance, and great flexibility

I absolutely love VICIdial, I won't use any other dialer at all

Pros

The amount of customization that. you can do, and the sheer power of the dialing platform

Cons

It's got quite a learning curve for people to get proficient with it initially. Although once you've mastered the interface and the concepts behind the dialer, it's amazing.

Open Source, and the amount of customization that VICIdial provided

Ignacio from I.A.G Systems

the best callcenter software created so far

I solve for my clients the needs they have to be able to market to all their clients and attract new clients I give them IVR, Broadcasting campaigns and outound and inbound campaings as I tell you this software complements you completely in the needs of telemarketing I LOVE IT !!!!! AAAA+

Pros

I love how easy it is to handle, the exceptional support provided by the vicidial team, they are like a big family they are always there for you it is the best tool for any call center or telemarketing company

Cons

so far I have no complaints everything I have needed I have found it in this software

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

because vicidial has it all and it's not that complicated to use

ViciDial

We are answering the calls efficiently and effectively. I am able to track agent performance at a high level to monitor performance and efficiency. I have great hope to read the manuals and learn what else I can do with Vici.

Pros

Vici is easy to use and contains a significant amount of reporting to track agent efficiency.

Cons

The interface is outdated and could use a cosmetic overhaul. some of the reporting is inconsistent. The way abandonment is calculated in the real time main report is by taking dropped calls and dividing it into calls answered. Under inbound daily report it calculates the abandonment correctly by taking dropped calls and dividing it into calls offered. Lacks some of the modern features available in other phone software: After Call Survey, Track short abandoned calls, Forced call backs, Scheduled reporting. In the IVR we can only offer our customers to leave a voicemail with a window prompt instead of allowing them to press a number at any time to leave a vm.

Response from Vicidial Group

Replied April 2019

As for the inbound drop-rate, there are configuration changes you can make to have the Real-Time report use all-calls to calculate the drop percentage. The default behavior is to use Answered calls because the vast majority of VICIdial clients use outbound, and taking dropped calls out of Answered calls is a regulatory requirement in most countries. Also, After-Call-Surveys and Force-Scheduled-Callbacks are available as standard features in VICIdial.

Rogger from GOSAT Telecom SA

a Swiss Army Knife for those who are creative enough to use it well

At GOSAT we use VICIdial in our contact center for loan sales to a local bank in Brazil, where we integrate it 100% with the bank. We also use VICIdial on clients of different segments in the market: collection, petrol, school, health and etc ...

Pros

VICIdial is the most popular open-source Contact Center Solution in the world and it can become a Swiss Army Knife for those who grasp the infinite possibilities of this incredible system. We were able to meet all our needs and overcome all challenges using VICIdial.

Cons

I know that VICIdial is not for this purpose, what I miss is an integration in the AGC interface (Agent) with WhatsAPP and Facebook messanger. We do this today through other solutions, it would be perfect integrated with VICIdial.

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

Because it is open source and has a more active community in the world, and the fact that it is constantly updated and improves.

Amy from Caliber1Solutions

Love ViciDial

Experience has been quite good

Pros

ViciDial provided for us, the flexibility to house as many users as we needed by paying per server as opposed to having to pay "per user" -- Also, the ability to have one "set" of caller IDs that I can easily switch out as needed, has been a God-send. Our other service allowed us only one caller ID or, if they allowed others, it was a big technical issue to implement with new costs. ViciDial seems to have everything we need, because if ever need it to do something, we look in the manual and it's THERE -- the functionality is endless..

Cons

So much to learn, that it can be daunting, yet the same fact is why we love the system as well... If there was a streamlined training scenario, that would be great....

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

Wanted no per user fees...and, they were limited on lines we could use as well as caller ID display

Andrei from Euroanswer SRL

Vicidial Suite for Support Centers

We are an outsourcing company and we are using Vicidial as our main core business system.

Pros

The most important feature I liked was the easy way to scale up. After the initial investment it is very cheap and efficient to expand the system for more users. Being open-source it is very easy to change it and adapt to the specific customer needs. For example when Germany changed their requirements for premium rate numbers it took us couple of days in order to be compliant.

Cons

The fact that doesn't have a clear release path. It is just the SVN without any clear stable releases.

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

The flexibility and price.

Vaughn from Voip Made Simple Inc.

Best dialer software on the market

This is overall the best dialer software on the market , we were about to try Five9, but when we compared them . We had to go with Vicidial. For its easy of use and it comes with all the the feature we were looking for.

Pros

The agent portal , it ease of use . the gui for admin on the software, is easy to get around and make changes when needed. I also love the Live real time view to see how the agents are doing.

Cons

Too many features to learn, this software is loaded, so it will take you a while if you want to learn and try all the features.

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

At that time cost and features.

PHILIP from SELF

Great product!

Killer product. Great managers manual, great forum info.

Pros

so many features! a lot to learn, but it does anything you might ask for. Can change settings to literally make it do just about anything you want it to do.

Cons

The features are awesome. I can't say that there is anything that I don't like about the software. If you are the install person and setting up from scratch, there's a lot to personalize, but it just takes time and gets easier over time.

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

vicidial is the cream of the crop and i had seen a few videos on the features. Just looked like the way to go.

Camilo from SOFTPHONE COLOMBIA SAS

My appreciation of Vicidial

We are not a company that provides callcenter services regularly (sometimes we do some interim campaign), however we advise end customers who want to implement callcenter platforms and that's where we benefit from VICIdial

Pros

It's very powerful and it's a great alternative to licensed software. I think it's the best free call center software on the market and this has benefited a lot of people in the world. I think [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has directly or indirectly helped a lot of people so they can get their financial livelihoods.

Cons

I think it's a bit stiff and its graphical interface isn't the friendliest or prettiest in the world. Also I think a lack of training in languages other than English. I also believe that training should be done in countries other than the United States as new immigration policies prevent them from easily obtaining a visa to enter the U.S.

Reasons for Choosing VICIdial

QueueMetrics does not meet100% our requirements and also is costly for some customers

Elvyn from Opitel

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Vicidial, is a great tools for all Call Center that need to have High Level Customer Experience .

- Stability -Scalability -Modular Deployment -Low Cost - Redundancy - Recovery Disaster - Integration with othe PBX Platform -Recording -Monitoring -Reports -IVR's solution Integration -Survey -Security

Pros

Well, I like features:Load Balancing of call between multiple inbound or outbound Asterisk servers. So good for performance optimization. Set outbound CallerID per campaign or per list. Start and stop recording an agent's calls( Scripts), and Full Recoding too. Phone login balancing and fail over across multiple vicidial servers, great!!, is a redundancy option, very important. You can be logged from anywhere. Faster hangup -Hot Key,etc. I am an Voip Telephony Integrator, and in this Vicidial is Flexible and Stable. Vicidial is my firts option when i have to deployment call center solution. I like other one thing, the opertating system platform ( OpenSuse Leap ) because Vicidial working great with it.

Cons

A few points, firts one, DISPO SCREEN, PAUSE SCREEN, You know, I think, GUI can be better . Other one, according my knowledge Vicidial do not show PSTN setting template for T1's, E1 or J1, this for company that until today has this type of Telecommunications resources for dialing and customer service. I think, Vicidial Team assume that an Asterisk PBX admin know that Or Call Center Industry is SIP Trunk oriented and legacy pbx will be unavailable a few year or right now. Other one, is about language, translate for Spanish is not so good. but I admit is easy to set.

Burk from 5Gigahertz, LLC

The Future of the Call Center Industry

VICIdial has, over years of constant and thoughtful development, established itself as the Microsoft Office equivalent of call centers. I see it everywhere. A quick overview: VICIdial lives on a server, and is displayed to your sales agents via their web browser. They run a small (usually free) soft phone on their computer with a headset, and when they log in to VICIdial, their soft phone rings, they answer the call, and begin their work. A bit more detail: Because the software suite is open source and free for anyone to download, use, and modify, I've seen (and personally created) customized solutions that do everything from accept orders from a 3-rd party sales website to literally delivering room service orders using robots (really!). VICIdial scales from single servers with small call teams, to clusters of dozens of servers and hundreds of agents. If you're paying for a proprietary solution, you're probably doing it wrong. I get calls from call center owners looking to switch to VICIdial constantly. Do yourself a favor and take a hard look at the VICIdial Call Center Suite.

Pros

VICIdial is free, open-source, and regularly updated by a dedicated core team of experienced software developers. It works very well, and when properly configured is extremely reliable and robust business software.

Cons

VICIdial has been in development for many years, adding many (many!) features which can overwhelm call center managers new to VICIdial.

June 2016

William from PoundTeam Incorporated

June 2016

The Only OpenSource Dialer that works and is well supported. Saved so much money!

We had a proprietary (dialogic based) PBX called Televantage and the Owner did not want to renew that (very expensive) lease. Although Televantage had an add-on for "dialer", the entire system was seriously expensive. Vicidial does not require proprietary hardware, although it is based on Asterisk and will use any compatible VOIP hardware. It is capable of running a small one or two person operation, mid-range 25-50 person Call Centers ... and ultimately can be "clustered" to manage virtually unlimited users. Although we've never gone over 150. LOL

Pros

Free. Easy to install with an .iso installer. Powerful. Expandable. Ongoing development. php/MySQL based so it can be integrated with almost anything. Easily transferred from server to server with a database backup/restore, an update script and possibly a couple configuration file changes.

Cons

Too Complex for some users (like Chess, it CAN be played by simple rules, but when you're in competition those rules suddenly don't seem so simple, LOL). Not pretty. The interface is only for employees, but it has so many layers that upgrading the visual interface is ... unlikely. Will not run in a virtualized environment for more than 1 or 2 users, you can only use Virtualization for testing/development purposes.

Dennis from Opendial

Been using Vicidial for 8 years now

I'm a very active vicidial user and have multiple servers and we have dialed millions of numbers over the years. All our projects are in The Netherlands. ViCidial is hard to learn but once you have it under control it's an enterprise class solution. It's a great outbound and inbound tool and very scalable. The system is very stable, i've never had a single minute of downtime because of the design of the platform. It's also virtually maintenance free. In some regards ViCidial is still missing some things. For instance the ability to build your own reports and export templates and the possiblity to do skip logic surveys. The agent GUI looks old fashioned but this is not really important for the agents but this would make it much more attractive to a broader audience. Finally an integration (lead loading, call logs, click to dial, etc.) with SuiteCRM would be very welcome. However you can integrate with any CRM if it allows an URL to view a lead, you can set this up in a few minutes! Recently automated reports was added, a great feature to get daily reports via e-mail. If you make a comparison with other dialers i'm pretty sure Vicidial outmatches every system out there when you look at the amount of features.

Pros

Stable, scalable, open source, many features

Cons

Agent GUI, not able to build custom reports via interface (you can design your own if you know how to code since it's open source), no export templates, no surveys.

Panagiotis from Means4

An exceptional money making piece of Open source software.

II have tried a lot of open source software over the 15 years of my professional career. One reason or another I had to stop working with most of them. This is not the case with Vici. Since I tried for the first time I fall in love with it and 10 years down the line I have quit every other dialer that I was working with and I dedicated myself to it. I feel that my time is well spent and has never failed to surprise me with capabilities that even extremely expensive dialers had let me down in the past.

Pros

Capabilities and features -flexibility. When a customer is asking me for a weird something I taught myself to say: I will have a look and let you know. No matter how weird peculiar complex or out of the box is what you have been asked there are chances that Vici can do it just by playing around with parameters and menus and not writing even one line of code. The community is extremely helpful and encouraging.

Cons

I have to admit that the learning curve for the administrator and integrator is steep and needs a lot of time and trial and error to configure the first installation. It is not so bad once you get the grasp of the software and understand where you are looking. The menus are intimidating. I felt the same only when I tried Blender for the first time.

Shariq from Marshal

Best Open Source Turn key Call Center Solution

I googled this product in 2007 and from that day i have defined my field line to Call center and VoIP. I gained too much knowledge in Linux environment and voip for call center because of the vicidial. I have deployed vicidial in all of my jobs for call center purpose. In short if anyone ask for the call center solution then my straight answer is Go with ViciDial.

Pros

Vicidial is the one and only comprehensive open source call center solution that has all built in features according to the user requirements. And because of its open source solution can be customized easily. Very reliable and robust product. One of the major advantage is its scalability. No license limitations. Integration with user applications is very easy. In short what a user can think about any feature, it's built in available.

Cons

The GUI of agent is very bad. It has all the features but front end is not what according to the current market trend. Color scheme also very old style. And the detailed reports never matched with others. I can understand that reports shows from different tables but user want simple report with the matched statistics. I always face time (logging and call duration) difference in reports as well as the disposition statistics difference.

Orvil from J&A Consulting

The Best Solution for Call Centers.

We have been installing VICIdial in Contact Centers since 2008, all the companies are very satisfied with the easy of use of VICIdial once it is running. For an accurate installation from scratch you needs some basic skills of Linux, Asterisk and MySQL or request to the VICIdial Group for an installation. If you really want to get the most of your VICIdial it is mandatory to read and understand of the Manager Manual, once you read it your eyes will open because this manual has examples of each kind of campaign you can setup in the software in an easy way(Inbound, Outbound, Blended, Broadcast and Predictive Dialing). VICIdial has the most complete functions we can expect in a Contact Center software, it can use legacy TELCO analog lines of SIP/IAX trunks, E1, T1 and use IP Phones or SIP/IAX Softphones so you have many options to start using it.

Pros

Because it is based on Asterisk you can use your legacy TELCO analog lines, SIP Trunks, E1's, T1's. You can use your legacy analog phones just using a VoIP Gateway. In constant development of new features.

Cons

It may be is not a real cons because you should do this for all the software, but especially with VICIdial If you don't read and understand the Manager Manual you will take more time to start using the software with all the capabilities

Miguel from LinkedIP LLC

A great tool for lead generation campaigns

For the last few years we've been supporting ViciDial installation for the telemarketing and call center industries. Our company provides dedicated servers in the cloud and the actual SIP trunking for inbound or outbound calls and somehow we ended up involved with supporting ViciDial for our customers. Among a variety of tools out here we found that ViciDial enables telemarketers to run 'Press 1 campaigns' or 'Voice broadcasts campaigns' with professionalism. In those markets wanting to avoid a "per agent" cost ViciDial is a great tool. A typical customer of ours makes 200,000 calls a day in average to get new prospects and eventually close more deals. I'd say without ViciDial this task would be very demanding . And thanks to our CRM integration agents become more effective and efficient.

Pros

It's powerful. It can be tweaked in many ways in order to enhance performance. If you are looking to avoid per-agent/per-seat costs or software licensing this is a good way to go.

Cons

If you are not familiar with Linux, Asterisk, SIP, VoIP Security and MySQL it may get you into frustration.

Very stable and active platform

Pros

Stable: I've been a VICIdial admin for a seven server cluster for about four years now. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself - but zero days of down time in that entire time frame. If I had to sum up ANY downtime in hours, I'd ballpark less than 30 MINUTES per month TOTAL (95% floor manager/agent) errors (SQL typo, running lists empty, bad listmix status choice). This is a small operation, 20-40 agents, blend of inbound/outbound, 150,000 calls/day, running 5-6 days per week, 8hrs per day.

Cons

I've had to think on this section for quite a while. Very hard to fault a free and open platform, what can you expect for free?? If you're willing to sit down, read and learn, it's a great platform, community and product. Maybe the paid manuals could be updated more frequently - even a stretch to be a con... It would be nice if there was a newbie section for an admin with no *nix skillset, trying to think of what would make starting out a little easier for some. Then again, if you can't google and figure out 98% of the stuff yourself, probably chose the wrong job.

Muhammad from Simolution Private Limited

Why would someone still buy paid call center applications?

We have deployed 4 call center one of which is serving 400 agents. I have had experience with some closed source application before i used vicidial for the first time. i was a little skeptical before i switched to vicidial but now we recommend every one to use vicidial instead of pricy applications. we never faced reliability and stability issues which some people mentioned in their reviews. We are happy to recommend it to customers and provide them support and building new featutres

Pros

What i love about this Vicidial is that its free, which sometimes seems too good to be true. Scaling the deployments is far more easier than one can imagine. I have installed three different call centers in inbound and blended configuration. The flexibility to develope custom features is just matchless. "No vendor lock in" is one of the biggest reasons i would prefer this application over any other paid application. i had read some review where people woul put a server reboot overnight to gain stability, however i have an installation of a cluster of 4 servers which has not been rebooted since once year now. Its free, stable, reliable and flexible to build new features.

Cons

We had customisations which made updates tricky. I would also like to see a better agent screen.

Fred from Magellan Solutions

This product has been the best product for value that we've ever used given its flexibility and cost

Cost savings is the primary benefit, together with flexibility of the platform.

Pros

Naturally, it's open source which is the main appeal of the software, but, also despite limited support, it is extremely flexible based on the needs of majority of our clients.

Cons

Naturally, unlike some paid call center platforms, it doesn't have unified messaging capabilities. Also, it doesn't allow flexibility to enable our clients to remote monitor our agents given that, per server it doesn't segregate accounts, so, its clients who are given remote access will see our other accounts, if there are several small accounts on the vicidial server

Response from Vicidial Group

Replied May 2018

VICidial does offer Inbound Email handling and Website Customer Chat support blended into the same interface that allows agents to handle inbound and outbound phone calls. We have several clients that use the Email support as a way of handling Faxes and SMS messages as well. As for segregated accounts, that is the whole reason we added User Group segmentation several years ago, to allow groups of users to only see what you want them to see. If you have questions about either of these, please feel free to contact us or post to our User Forums.

Christian from Enlaza Comunicaciones

The best open source callcenter software you can find

By using Vicidial we have been able to reach clients which were prohibited by the costs of propietary software. We have grown as a company and learned how to integrate this marvelous piece of software with quite some other systems. We provide support for Vicidial 24/7, and have thousands of agent seats running realiably with Vicidial.

Pros

Vicidial has a complete set of features which allow you to turn inexpensive hardware into a fully fledged callcenter solution. Its features comprehend all of those propietary software, such as call recording, full reporting, outbound and inbound dialing, load balancing multiple servers, and so much more. Plus, it's open source, so that allows you to customize it or tweak it to fit your needs. There's nothing that can't be accomplished by that.

Cons

The software is so powerful it can overwhelm the regular user with so much possible configurations available, thus dificulting the setup. Also, it's main user interface age starts to show: the design is not contemporary, and it doesn't look the prettiest. However, it still gets the work done.

Hersh from Vehicle Coverage Department LLC

Vicidial in the Call Center World

I love Vicidial, I have been in the call center industry for over 18 years and have used almost every software platform out there. My frustration of always having to depend on someone to resolve issues within a software resulted in taking action by installing, setting up, and implementing the software personally with the help of the online resources and vicidial manuals. My tech experience was nothing above normal and surprisingly enough I was able to install and setup the system personally without the need to involve someone else. Honestly I continue to test and try other platforms and end up always going back to Vicidial.

Pros

The ability to scale the software so easily is a great plus. Vicidial ability to mold to any industry due to the large amount of features it offers...it truly can be a all-in-one software where it solves the need to have multiple platforms to manage information and process in day to day activity. Finally, open source is awesome!

Cons

Visually it needs work, the software feel can come off as old and tired...but it makes up for it with function.

Jose from Elastix Paraguay

Reliable, scalable, open source and packed with features for almost any use case scenario.

Pros

You can scale it in a pinch, if needed, and can integrate it with any external systems via its HTTP API. It has a rich variety of features, making it suitable for use in any type of call centres, being those inbound or outbound. It has all the required reports needed to successfuly run a call centre operation. It has a very detailed documentation for managers and agents. They offer a free and paid version of their manuals, the difference being the paid version having color and helpful images. It allows call centre managers to have a high grade of control over the agents, monitoring their activity since the time they log in until the end of the day. It is based on known technologies (LAMP, Asterisk), so it is fully customizable according to the customer needs. The community is vibrant, active and helpful. If you find an issue, is guaranteed the forum will have the answer. Also, the main developers are reachable in case you have a more specific need or want to pay for a feature to be implemented. For critical call centre services, it is very easy to integrate it with existing High Availability solutions (HAProxy). They have clear guidelines respecting the hardware needed to implement the solution. And please, before doing anything, read the manual.

Cons

Some parts of the system (the agent interface, specifically) are very difficult to customize, by its nature (lot of AJAX, HTML/Javascript/CSS/PHP in one big file). Although helpful, the presentation of almost all reports are a bit crude, being in raw text format (but the developers are rapidly enhancing those).

Troy from Southeast Datacom, Inc.

Call Center Software That Simply Can't Be Beat!

We have been implementing Vicidial in our clients environment for the past 10+ years and have always been amazed at how customizable it is as well as how easily it scales. It has grown into an enterprise grade product with all of the features you can imagine. Couple this with a great CRM system and you have everything you'll need and much more to manage your call center. Due to its customization and feature set, its not for the faint of heart, but with the team of experts supporting the product you will find that there is nothing else that even comes close to its value and stability.

Pros

It does everything you can imagine and is very extensible and coder friendly.

Cons

No real cons for me but newer users may feel a bit overwhelmed with the settings so maybe a wizard interface or something to hide advanced settings so that setup can be quicker and easier to understand. At the end of the day, if you read the manuals, you will be on your way to a working system in no time.

Ian from Gordon Business Solution

The dialer is a beast!

Overall, vicidial is a platform for you if you want to build a straightforward campaign or detail designed campaign. Over the years I have been through a number of different platforms and to have the support, robust tools the platform offers and the ability to customize and build what you want, you cannot find a better dialer.

Pros

What I liked most about the vidial software is its ability to dial my ideal customers by timezone or by action based on analytics provided by the platform. You are able to track any interraction with potential prospects based on the rules you setup throughout the dialer. The customer service is very knowledgeable and are eager to help with any questions you may have. Being a call center manager, with a need for answers on the fly it goes a long way to have the support and with their help you cannot fail at your campaign goals.

Cons

The software looks ugly but its a clean design. Hey Vicidial, 1997 is calling and wants its design back.

Roland from VOICETONE LLC

Free open source Callcenter software

I have used this product for over than 7 years and have been recommending it to several customers. I have deployed it for telecom service providers, NGOs and others in developing countries and the value for the free cost charged is absolutely incredible. It an do almost everything needed for a call center after a basic configuration. To get more advanced stuff you need so good understanding of IP Telephony and call center call flow, inboudn and outbound call, campaigns, leads.... Cost of support is reasonable for the expertize and to make sure vicidial as a company remains sustainable. I strongly recommend this product to any SME trying to establish basic or advanced call center fonction without spending much on hardware or software.

Pros

It is free, scalable, easy to install. For a free software and for all the features offers in it, it is worth trying. The product is highly scalable and can handle a high volume of call. Expertise is however required to administer it and some support token should be purchased in case some issues are harder to fix by the in-house support team. If the callcenter has a reliable and good internet connection and that there are no security issues exposing it to the internet, going for a hosted turnkey vicidial solution would be the best approach.

Cons

Configuration is not that straight forward. Need to be a quite advanced IP Telephony tech to make it work.

Daniel from Yatta Outsourced Processing Solutions

VICIdial Review

The Sales and setup process were very good. The support team was very professional and helpful to get our system setup and working in spite of some challenges. The functionality of the platform is robust. There are certainly settings for just about everything...which at times takes experience to thoroughly understand, and in some cases, help to get figured out. While we have had success with some service issues, we have also had some moments that were frustrating. Our initial assumption is that the service model using credits may be in part to blame. We don't know when our credits are running low and it is frustrating when we are in an emergency situation because something isn't working and the response we get is "sorry - we can't help you because you are out of credits"). Again - we may shoulder some of that in not fully understanding or managing expectations, but having a debit card on file or a monthly auto-ACH payment would seem to be a much better option in our opinion.

Pros

a very robust set of functionality features.

Cons

Not extremely intuitive. Functionality is a blessing, and at times, a curse. There is much to learn and figure out and the customer service model has not been ideal in our experience. There are times when it has been good and times it has seemed awful...wondering if the negative experiences are due to the nature of the model (i.e. "we can't help you because you are out of credits")

VICIdial Call Centre Software, the foundation of Hostcomms hosted call centre service

Small and medium sized businesses often don't have the capital to invest in expensive call centre infrastructure. VICIdial rarely loses out on functionality and so is the perfect solution in this scenario. If set up correctly it is very reliable and on the rare occasion that Hostcomm is unable to get to the bottom of an issue, our back to back support arrangement with VICIdial provides us with the reassurance we need to offer a VICIdial based service with a solid service level agreement.

Pros

Whilst packed with functionality it remains pretty intuitive, features are constantly being added on both the inbound and outbound side and of course there are no licensing cost implications.

Cons

We've been offering VICIdial based services since around 2010. The only objections we occasionally receive are its appearance, there are prettier call centre applications available. That said, the skin is customisable to a degree, certainly to enough of an extent to overcome most of these objections.

Deven from WarmConnect

Great Contact Center Software

An open source effort that is active and responsive, Vicidial has come a long way since we first began to use it. It now features multi channel support for voice, email and chat, both incoming and outgoing. Vicidial has a well rounded dialing product for both outbound and inbound. Multiple outbound campaigns and incoming groups can run simultaneously. There is good support for regulatory compliance e.g. time zones, state and national holidays, drop rate etc. New features being worked on are in the sphere of email and chat, both largely inbound focused. Updates are regular, and the latest set of features will position the software well for the new wave of eCommerce startups. On the downside, the fast paced development effort does result in bugs, especially in the bleeding edge feature set. New configuration parameters add to a lengthening list that increases the learning curve. Further, the GUI is ugly enough to belie its capabilities, but there is good work done recently on that front. Overall I would highly recommend the product.

Pros

Price. Features. Capabilities Multi channel support

Cons

Ugly GUI

Rao Shaharyar from Nethawk Pvt Ltd

Best high volume dialer for call center

In Nethawk (call center solution provider) company we have done 200+ installation. The overall quality of software is extremely good using the option to use Nginx web server instead of Apache gave us more reliability in deployments. In fact it is very easy to use when we compare with Avaya solutions, People in Call center industry are very familiar with its interface or they can learn it quickly due to its smooth learning curve in fact vert adaptive among your team. As far as features and functionally is concerned it is complete suite with bells and whistles. It is highly customable and programmable. You can create any functionality we have converted same vicidial from outbound dialer to broadcasting and lead capturing machine. Customer support I must say is great there are many resources available the vicidial group is very helful otherwise the professional company you are dealing with should have same resources to fix your problems. It is open source and no vendor lock in.

Pros

Flexible, scabale, open source and lower TCO

Cons

Hardware resource hungry

Brian from Vox Science Corporation

Vicidial Software Review

The businesses that we serve have very unique calling and workflow/process issues that are unparalleled in the industry. Vicidial has helped us tackle these issues and DRAMATICALLY improve call center process and performance. We've increased calls by over 200% and revenues by almost as much.

Pros

-Sheer functionality. Vicidial has just about every feature and function that you could desire in a call center system right out-of-the-box. -Customizations. Vicidial engineers are, hands-down, the most experienced and brightest in the industry - and I have yet to see a unique problem that we threw at them that they could not solve. -Reliability and ease-of-use. The system is rock-solid, easy-to-use and easy to scale.

Cons

I really have no complaints - at all. I am a huge fan of the software and the service that this organization provides. I only wish we could clone rep. and his brilliant mind. :)

Ian from GPVA

Great features and adaptability make this a powerful dialer.

We achieved cost savings, system stability and better efficiency. These aspect obviously led to better profits. Better profits allowed us to hire a developer that helped us build a BI system (directly from the Vicidial database) that helps us analyze performance and identify trends.

Pros

We run all manner of campaigns from Vicidial; sales, lead generation, support, data capture, etc. And Vicidial handles all the variables we've thrown at it, with aplomb. Using the group and user management, it's easy to ring fence and manage campaigns. Help is right there; alongside just about every setting is a link directly to the help section of that setting.

Cons

The user interface could do with a bit of work, could really be a bit more customisable, specifically the agent portal. The campaign management section could be broken down into labeled sections to make the vast array of settings easier to find.

Shilleah from SMW Refrigeration & Heating

It's Great for a Starter Dialer, if you are making only outbound autodial calls

It did just what it was supposed to do, and not too much over that. Not much customization, very, very basic dialer platform. But it was okay for just starting out. You can spend as much or as little as you want on the budget, as you pay per minutes.

Pros

I've used this software with a few different businesses that I have worked for, it is great for a starter dialer, cheap to set up, and very basic. It gets the job done for an outbound autodialer. Loading lead lists was easy as well.

Cons

Response from Vicidial Group

Replied December 2019

We certainly do offer full customer support if you are interested. Also, the VICIdial software offers full inbound call, chat and email support as a part of it's agent screen functions, in addition to outbound manual and auto-dialing. There are over 2000 features and settings included.

Renrick from Direcone

Best Free Open Source Contact Center Software I have used

I have seen vicicial on forums before but didn't think much about it until I was introduced to vicidial by someone from Pakistan. Without any prior knowledge I was able to follow the install instruction provided online to install and configure the vicidial single server system. I have also used the hosted platform which I was also pretty impressed with. I am very much impressed with the vicidial platform, the feature rich modules that's included with an open source product that is totally free. I have over 3+ years using the vicidial product. The admin and agent manual are also great compliment for anyone wanting to learn how to use the system. I will recommend this to anyone with small, medium or even a large center as there is support available and the creators of this product can hold your hand and assist you if you are willing to pay for commercial support. Great product.

Pros

I love the agent interface and how easy it is to configure vicidial from the web interface. I also love the fact that you can monitor your audit log and determine which user made changes to the system. I am comparing vicidial to elastix with call center module installed. Vicidial is way above.

Cons

The reporting can be improved. Some of the reporting is text or html base and should be csv or excel. Also the scripting engine can be improved especially for capturing information from customers. The documentation for clustering is not all complete. I wanted to try the clustering but realize that the instructions for setting up clustering was not all there.

Michael from Carefree Health Services, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Best Predictive Dialer on the Market!!!

We had previously used a closed source predictive dialing platform and were getting tired of being nickel and dimed every time we added users or additional lines. The software was also lacking many features. I would be embarrassed to tell you what we paid for the system. This experience led us to shop for a new platform and that is when we came across Vicidial. I am so happy we found them! The fact that it was open source and essentially free made it an easy switch from a financial standpoint. After downloading the manuals and we were able to install a server using their Vicibox installer package. We needed a little help with some advanced configuration so we purchased some support hours from the Vicidial Group and they logged in remotely and got us squared away in a flash. That was about 7 years ago and with each new version the software gets more robust and feature rich. Over the years I have recommended Vicidial to numerous colleagues and have never been burnt. If you need a predictive dialer I would highly recommend Vicidial.

James from BAM LLC

We used VICIdial in our collection process for several years and highly recommend it

This software really helped take us to a new level. It allows us to make more calls and expand our call flows it was a real game changer for us. Add to that since it was open source we had the opportunity to customize it anyway we need and you have TRUE winning combination.

Pros

The best part about this software is that you can either go with a solution that is fully managed by the people who put it together or you can do what we did and run with the open source solution. The community is active and helpful and the creator himself is very involved. We submitted many updates and got them submitted to the core code to expand the capabilities of the software suite.

Cons

There are A LOT of options although this is absolutely great this can be a bit much at first. Just make sure you take your time to get to know the software and how it works and you will be just fine.

Hylton from Quail Finance

Best Free Dialer for Contact Centres - VICIdial

We are a 50, 80 seat call centre and have been using VICIdial for over 5 years. It works perfectly for manual and predictive outbound calling as well as inbound calls. It's quite remarkable that it is a free software suite, as it works just as well if not better than most paid solutions. The dialer is full of features and easy to configure. The support forum is great for any assistance required with most queries being answered by the developers personally. The software has great reporting capabilities, however, I feel it lacks a few reports that I believe would be useful. I would recommend the software to any call centre as it is free, very reliable and easy to use. Thanks to the developers for designing such an awesome piece of software!

Pros

It's free, feature rich and easy to configure. Very reliable dialer.

Cons

It lacks a few reports that would be useful for our business.

Gabriel from C4 Technologies

Best Open Source Solution for Call Centers

I have been working with Vicidial for the last 8 years, unlike any other Open Source projects, Vicidial is in constant development, new features very often, svn update several times per week, major releases almost once per year. This is a project i have seen evolve into a big, robust and reliable solutions for Call Centers, it will provide the functionality that any Call Center will require and the reports that any manager will need. One of the best features that i love i that is so easy to integrate a custom development, it provides an API, Event Based Triggers and if it not enough you have access to the database to create your own scripts and reports and it will provide an easy way place the link on your admin panel. Hands down, this is the best open source solution for call centers.

Pros

Very active project New features very often Very Stable Easy to scale Easy to integrate with other projects

Cons

Eye candy, is not the prettiest GUI. UX can also have improvements.

Thomas from Affinity

We will never again use another call centre system.

I consider myself to be a call centre specialist for more than 10 years and have been using Vicidial for 6 of those years. After switching from very expensive systems to Vicidial I have never regretted it once. Apart from costing nothing it had MORE functionality than any of the expensive closed sourced systems that I used. I was so impressed that I sponsored some of the development of Vicidial. We run 300 seats on Vicidial both inbound and outbound.

Pros

Ease of use, fact that you are in full control and can add your own development as you wish, functionality - it has all the bells and whistles of even the most expensive propriety systems as far as I am concerned. Excellent team managing Vicidial under Matt and always helpful in the open forums.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Miguel Angel from supamike.com

Vicidial profject is a very complete, mature and full of features software. I greatly recommend it.

I helped me make my SIP services business.

Pros

It uses all the open-source standards into one powerful system. It uses mysql, asterisk, apache, etc. It has everything a call center might need and more. It has so many features that I've never used them all. Outbound, Inbound and blended campaigns. Web forms, time tracking and more. I have been using this software ever since I tried it for the first time. And its now my default choice when a client comes to me asking for a call center software.

Cons

It's not user friendly or intuitive. It's normal to get lost in the beginning. There's so many options that can get overwhelming at times. But with a some patients and a little try and error it gets easier. I highly recommend reading the manual. It's very complete.

Amazing dialer for contact centers

Setting it up is not difficult at all. You can access it at home. Do inbound and out going calls easily, determine the abandon calls, average handling time, you can also trace via inbound reports the peak hour so you can project how many agents to assign at a certain hour. It is undeed an impressive software/provider.

Pros

Our company is using Vicidial even before I was hired 5 years ago. It is always available and we never had a issue using it. You can use it for agents time log in and out, monitoring queueing calls, barge live calls and generate reports. All you need about the operations is available there and it can be exported to excel files.

Cons

The interface was a bit old school due to the gray, white and black background but all the details you needed is available especially when your doing reports.

Jerry from J. Riggin & Asscoiates, Inc.

Way Ahead Of the Pack!

I've worked with most dialers over the last 20 years, and Vicidial is the supreme OpenSource dialer available. The underlying Asterisk 11 has been tuned to Vicidial so reliability is off the charts compared to other Asterisk based systems. The built-in agent interface is very flexible and allows you use your own custom fields in the scripts. The Vicidial API gives you the ability to create your own Agent interface exactly the way you want it. Paid support is available from multiple sources, so you are never stuck without help. The Vicidial forums are very active and often get answers to you within minutes. IMHO, you either use Vicidial in your contact center or you are paying far too much for far too little.

Pros

The amazingly rich array of features.

Cons

Figuring out how to use the amazingly rich array of features.

Andrew from Boomerang

Robust, Reliable Dialer packed with Features

Great open source dialer in use for more than 7 years in our outbound call center. Reliable and packed with features. Constantly evolving and improving. Lots of integration options with CRM (Vtiger) and third party applications.

Pros

Open Source, Robust and reliable. Using it for 8 years and more. It has stood the test of time in our call center and every new version improves functionality. Integrates well with CRM applications. It has been a reliable dialer platform on which our outbound call center is built.

Cons

The GUI and agent screen is dated and not visually attractive. It doesn't impede performance all of course..

David from Healthy Marketing LLC

ViciDial Review

My organization(s) have been using Vicidial for a number of years. Currently we use via a web based server and multiple centers access it. We have found it very user friendly and, of course, the price is right. What is lacking is a robust answering machine detection and when numbers are bad they come back coded as NA. Also, the reporting needs to have a someone with knowledge convert into easier to read reports. That being said if you are aware of these limitations you can work around them. Obviously, it is a fast growing and very popular dialer platform. We use it for both inbound and outbound with great success.

Pros

Ease of use, price (free). My team is know very knowledgeable about it.

Cons

Canned reporting-but we have a fix Answering machine detection is a bit lacking Bad numbers come back coded as NA

Juan Carlos from Logrand Group

Amazing software for outbound calling

It's an inexpensive solution which allows complete management of any outbound campaign. It's fully customizable which makes it really appealing, you can have different campaigns and different strategies to call. If you don't have too much money to invest, this is your best choice.

Pros

I was looking for an inexpensive solution for a 400 seat call center and I ran into vicidial, it's very easy to use and you can tailor it to your company needs, it's also open source which allows you to add really helpful features. It has all you need for outbound, reporting, tools, dialer, user management, just the best.

Cons

I would say the installation, was a bit hard mainly on the telco side but that would be its only flaw.

Ryan from Sunrise Communications

If you need a call center, Vici is there for you.

Pros

Free and open source program in active development and works, consistently. I've based my entire business on this software and it's working wonderfully. Even the free version has an extremely active community, including the developers, that really want to help you get the system up and going. I have had better support experiences on the free Vicidial forum than I have on a service running.

Cons

Being free and open-source, i suppose i can't complain too much. But the front-end/GUI could use an overhaul pretty bad. The interface looks like a mid-90s website. Granted behind that GUI is a rock-solid system, it would be nice to have something better to look at every day.

Yannick from Jamaica Over IP

ASterisk PBX/Dialer Consultant

I have been using Asterisk since 2008. I got into it so much that I branched out into focusing on PBX administration. I previously did networking, system administration, basic programming and database management. Now I focus on providing PBX and dialer consultancy/support to small call centres. Asterisk provides a cost effective platform for small to medium size organizations. It is my flg ship solution and I owe my introduction to Asterisk to the current career path that I am on. Glory to God!

Pros

It's cost effectiveness, and it flexibility.

Cons

The support can be challenging for hard to solve issues. But nothing a little research can't handle. There are some gray areas nonetheless where portability of features and applications are involved.

Chuck from Consumer Sales

I'm very happy with Vicidial! There isn't a better solution for your needs for outbound or inbound

We practically run our entire business from this software.

Pros

Some of the best things about Vicidial is that the features that you really want are probably already designed and setup. When you think of a feature that you would like created have and propose those changes to them they are quick to respond with a very fair offer to set up the changes you want for your system.

Cons

Because it's such a great product, there are a lot of people trying to use vicidial with a different brand, or their own spin-off of vicidial. We were with one such company for a few months and had so many issues with them. Once I talked with the real Vicidial Group it was a night and day difference.

Sean from VoIP Essential Inc.

Best call center software company for SMBs

We have been offering Vicidial based call-center solutions to numerous companies for the last decade. It is a highly scalable, economical and user-friendly software that we recommend for all types of small to mid sized call center and telemarketing companies. The software has continuously evolved greatly since its conception over a decade ago. The Vicidial Group has been adding numerous features which help call centers a dialing platform that is stable, robust and results-driven. We have worked directly with The Vicidial Group on a few instances and have found their technical support to be highly effective.

Pros

Easy to download and install, free to use, highly customizable

Cons

Paid support can get expensive. There are some sales related reports which would be nice to have.