All PerformYard Reviews

Emily

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2018

PerformYard has gotten rid of our paper-based process and is well worth the cost! :)

Automating performance reviews (they were paper-based forms previously), increasing frequency of feedback beyond twice a year with check-ins, ability to easily track performance throughout the year through notes tracked in the system.

PROS

I like the user interface - the adoption rate for PerformYard was instantaneous, because it was similar to so many platforms we currently use. It's clean, contemporary and very easy-to-use. I like that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who is always available for my plethora of questions. I like the reporting functionality and the capabilities to customize employee profiles. What I felt PerformYard succeeded in was overall functionality and customization of the platform.

CONS

Nothing so far - PerformYard seems very receptive to feedback on items we'd perhaps like to see in the future and are always making updates! I would love to see the Org. Chart feature laid out a few different ways (currently just laid out vertically), but I think the Org. Chart alone is a helpful section to have.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback Emily! We look forward to continuing to support you and the entire PetPlan organization. - PerformYard Team

Replied March 2018

Diane

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

PY Product Review by D. Partridge, Sage Analysis Group, Inc. 2.12.21

The best part of our experience with PerformYard has to be with the customer service. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows how we function, is extremely helpful making suggestions, reworking forms streamlining tasks for us. We are a small group but have recently revamped all of our performance materials - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been instrumental in our successful rollout.

PROS

I am getting better all the time at utilizing the software for our different needs and making sure that I can train our staff to be more independent. Features that work well are the profile set up, cycle launches, ability to edit through simple prompts. The forms look nice and are easily read. I've learned how to utilize more icons and tricks to get my tasks done more efficiently than in the beginning.

CONS

We found it difficult to format the text boxes with some symbols, bullets, etc. The texting is very straight forward and doesn't allow for easy organization of remarks. It would be better to be able to upload tables, or symbols, bold and separation effects to make reading long texts more easily defined. Multiple projects, data gathered, etc. become long run-on looking sentences. I'd like to be able to print an org chart that looks nice and other snapshots of screen for training seem to be low resolution quality and hard to duplicate.

Reason for choosing PerformYard

We wanted something easy to use that met our complex needs that had the flexibility to meet our criteria for a consulting staff with a mix of clients & all types of project durations. Needing a tool that our staff could tailor to our specifications was very important.

Reasons for switching to PerformYard

We were a small subsidiary of our larger foreign owned parent. In order to do specialized work for the US Government, we had to implement our own separate operations suite of products including Personnel Performance/Development tools.

javed

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Real time tracking of performace

Great experience improves the performance.

PROS

It is great way to see how upper management feels about my performance.

CONS

Nothing in specific, the software is developed in very pragmatic form

Rosa

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Used less than 6 months

User Friendly

PROS

I like how its really easy to use. It took me 10 minutes to input my goals, for example. That's important as I don't want to take away too much time from my work.

CONS

Given it's basic, I am afraid it won't be as useful.

Alexandria

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Excellent Product - Great Support Team!

Our overall experience has been very positive. As a growing company, we very much needed a mechanism to ensure that goal setting and feedback was occuring on a regular cadence on a company wide basis. We also wanted a platform to recognize co-workers efforts on a company wide basis. Ensuring feedback happens and is documented is invaluable for employee growth. The feedback from employees has been great. Many of them are coming from large companies with mature performance management processes and have indicated they think PerformYard is a superior product - more updated, easier to use and better features.

PROS

The User Platform is easy to navigate and understand. Creating forms and launching review cycles is simple once one learns the basics. I really appreciate the Gmail single sign on. I love the recognition feature. Our CSM has been amazing - accessible, helpful and very attentive. Having our performance reviews managed through the platform has been a huge benefit and needed for the engagement and growth.

CONS

I have not found any things I dislike about the software to date. On my wishlist for product improvements - a visually appealing Org Chart option. That would be awesome and very helpful!

Reason for choosing PerformYard

We choose PerformYard for a number of reasons. It had an updated, cool feel. Engaging UI. Good balance of simplicity, usability, and customization. Ability to streamline the review process, to gather actionable insights from the reviews and allows for real-time feedback to be given/received. Complete support, setup, and training at no additional cost. The sales experience was awesome, and the CEO even talked to our CEO which sealed the deal. The price was much more competitive than out #2 choice Reflektive. Given that we are a start up and still a relatively small organization at 135 employees, the competitive pricing was very important to us. "

Reasons for switching to PerformYard

We needed a dedicated Performance Review Software Product. WE had been using Google Sheets which was OK when we were a smaller team, but obviously is not scalable. We needed a platform that would ensure feedback process was continual and easy to implement for admins and easy to use for employees. We wanted to increase engagement around performance review and feedback cycle. We needed improve goal setting and long term career roadmapping for employees.

Vanessa

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Exceptional Product!

PROS

PerformYard has streamlined our quarterly review process and has made feedback and goal setting so much easier! PerformYard syncs with ADP so no need to manually enter in new hires!

CONS

While I don't see many cons, some managers have complained that the reporting function isn't as intutiive as the rest of the system.

Reasons for switching to PerformYard

From what I understand, the former Chief of Human Resources wanted to use a performance management system that was more tailored for just that function. We had been using SalesForce which isn't really great for a rapidly growing company looking for a better, more concise and easier to understand feedback and performance management system.

Reviewed December 2018

We Love PerformYard!

PerformYard has really streamlined our performance review process and made our lives easier, from both an admin standpoint and employee standpoint. We have received great feedback from our organization and have had a great experience so far!

PROS

User friendly Intuitive Amazing customer service Lots of training and resources available Many different cool features and functionalities

CONS

I wouldn't say I dislike anything. The only thing I would say here is I wish admins had the ability to edit a few more things - ex. the content in the notifications that PerformYard sends, along with the final look of the reviews.

Robert

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Sales and business development manager

PROS

This is good tool to Manage the goal setting and achievement for annual performance. And also easy to review and keep maintain.

CONS

More customizable input for each goal setting would be preferred.

Matt

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

PerformYard

PROS

I love that it is simple to use and makes performance management a breeze.

CONS

I do not have a con for this software. Everything works as it should.

Crystal

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Wonderful Program

PROS

Very easy to use and helps you to be able to see what you need to work on

CONS

Liked it all. I have no complaints with this program

Samantha

Construction, 201-500 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2020

Great tool for streamlining Performance Reviews!

PROS

First and foremost, our Customer Success Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and made it so that the implementation of Perform Yard into our company was seamless. She took the time to meet with us numerous times via phone to make sure we understood everything, go more in depth if we had any questions, etc. I appreciated the help through the set up of Perform Yard as well as the resources they have on their website that provide step by step instructions. The functionality of the program is also great and definitely streamlines the process of quarterly check ins and annual performance reviews in our company. We also like that we are able to create measurable and attainable goals for our employees in the goals section and the employees are able to go in update those goals to show their progress. So far everything has been great and we hope to expand our use of Perform Yard within our company!

CONS

I have no complaints at this time, only recommendation we did have was that it'd be nice for managers to to have a section to select their employee and see all past reviews, goals, feedback (private and public) vs having to go into their profile or filter by the employee in each different section. It'd be nice to just have that overview in one section. But other than that it's been great so far!

Kari

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

The Customer Service Proved Invaluable

I really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is the Customer Success Manager. She was available to answer my questions which often included videos, documentation and words of encouragement.

PROS

From an end user perspective it is easy to use. From a leadership perspective I like that I can quickly add employee notes which made performance reviews much easier. From and Administrator point of view I like how easy it is to add/edit employee records.

CONS

As a leader I find the creation of goals and tracking progress a tad confusing. As an Administrator the creation of forms, understanding groups and setting up/maintaining review cycles/calendars isn't intuitive. Had I been involved from the beginning when this software was chosen the process would likely have been easier.

Reason for choosing PerformYard

I was not involved in the project to identify a performance management system so I am not aware of what other systems we considered.

Used free trial

Reviewed September 2016

Perform Yard Review

I am a relatively new user and my experience thus far has been good. The product is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, my customer service experience has been amazing. Our Account Executive is Lauren Staley and she has been so attentive and patient in helping me navigate PerformYard.

PROS

Ease of use, reporting functionalities, the amount of info you can store about employees, org charts.

CONS

The reporting functionalities could be improved - it is hard to create custom reports that are easy to pull/read, it is hard to assign some of the review forms (for example, we do upward and peer feedback, in order to do assign these we have to manually assign them 1 by 1).

Thank you, Sarah! You are quickly learning PerformYard and we certainly have enjoyed working with you and 4C Insights over the past year. In regard to your comment about assigning review forms, the employee and manager review forms are automatically assigned with the use of our template and cycle features. For certain peer and upward feedback forms there is unfortunately not a way at this time for the platform to predict the assigning process. We appreciate your feedback and we are always improving the software based on customer needs. We look forward to continuing to support 4C Insights HR and Performance Appraisal processes.

Replied September 2016

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2020

Employee being Reviewed

Overall the experience is great. It is easy to use and can't think of anything negative - would definitely recommend it to any company looking for a system like this.

PROS

The product is easy to use and understand and the best feature is the Save for Later function. Our firms asks multiple questions that require some reflection so I like to read the questions, answer what I can and then save the application and come back when I'm ready to finish.

CONS

The thing I like least about the software is that it's only useful for me about once a year; for my annual review. If perhaps there were some other functions, it would be used and enjoyed more often.

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2017

The initial setup was easy. They provided personal training and were always available for questions.

easily administer our performance review process online. All I do is set it up and the system takes care of the rest - providing email prompts to user to fill out or review forms. It's easy to use and saves us time.

PROS

flexibility. I can use some or all of the features. The value for the money is very high. Cost per person is low, and the feature set is large.

CONS

The jargon can take some getting used to; forms, templates and reviews took some getting used to, but the help library is great.

Rocky

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Used less than 2 years

Great Tool to Connect with Business and Professional Development

I've been using PerformanceYard for about two years now and it is so much easier that the previous software our company used. Makes employee reviews a breeze.

PROS

Simple user interface. Concise organization of reviews for employees and management alike.

CONS

Perhaps have additional ways to compare past years performance and Overall statistical reporting for department groups.

Reasons for switching to PerformYard

Company updated the employee review procedures and chose to use PerformanceYard.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2019

Great product

PROS

Great customer support. The people are great, helpful and encouraging. They make getting the product up and running very easy.

CONS

No cons to the product. If anything our company could use more training in uses more of its features.

Chelsea