• icon"Parents find it easy to share their children's interest and achievements with the parent observations and help with our in the moment planning."
  • icon"Dedicated and reliable Support team who really care about the software suiting our business needs. Flexibility and Responsiveness of the program."
  • icon"Ease of use, everything held in one place, friendly for parents to use, great communication tool."
  • icon"There is one feature that I can print but am unable to download as a csv and then manipulate for my own purposes but it is a small difficulty."
  • icon"The only downside is that parents need an email address to register. We only have one parent this affects."
  • icon"Also messages - its annoying that they disappear when you dont send them instantly - they should remain in drafts like the news feed function."

Browse all Famly Reviews

• Have you used Famly and would like to share your experience with others?

Simon

October 2022

A window in to my child's life

Pros

Being a parent this is a great solution to see how your child is doing at nursery.The pros for me are the ease of communication with not only the different nursery departments but the option to send a message to a particular member of staff.

Cons

I can't really think if any cons with the software, my wife and I have been using the software over 3 years and it's been spot on all the time.

Claire

Fantastic forward thinking product

This has been invaluable in the early set up and ongoing daily role within our nursery. Not only do families love it, its easy for staff to use and the 'back end', is a wonderful management tool. Time saving, efficient and incredibly supportive with new ideas and training always at hand. Along with a wealth of researchers and theorists sharing their knowledge through the platform....worth every penny!

Pros

Ease of use, family and staff friendly, informative.

Cons

Nothing, I am incredibly satisfied with this product...nothing to worry about at all!

Reasons for choosing Famly

It is much more modern and has an highly attractive visual impact

Sally

working with the Famly App

Less written paper work and easy to track childrens progress

Pros

We love the way you can see at a glance where individual children need more help or are excelling, I also like that I can read the observations before they are sent out and I am able to edit some of the staffs grammar.

Cons

We have some questions about how to make it work better for us but due to people working from home we haven't really had our questions answered adequately however we are happy with the overall use and our parents love it.

Reasons for choosing Famly

We thought it best suited the way we worked

Response from Famly

Hi Sally, thank you for your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you're happy with Famly overall. Sorry to hear you feel that your questions haven't been answered adequately, the fact we're working from home shouldn't impact that and you're more than welcome to write to us here: support@famly.co.uk and we can schedule a call to go over any questions you might have.

Replied February 2021

Hannah

August 2022

Has all you need plus a team that help and listen

The team have been overwhelmingly supportive, helpful, solutions driven. They have also asked us for our input on possible changes, and how these would be implemented. As a whole team we are really pleased with Famly. As the leader I'm delighted - it does so much that we need, and it keeps getting better.

Pros

Famly was super easy to set up, and has been easy to adapt and change as we've gone along. The onboarding team were very helpful. As we've used it the main things I really value include - the invoices being simple, accurate, and easy to do; tracking children's progress is easy and has customisations that make it work for us; and the team find it easy to use - they have a variety of skills and competences as any team do but even the most techniphobic can sign in and out.

Cons

If I had to choose a niggle then - we run our nursery day quite differently, and I can't use the overview of bookings to see where we have spaces I can sell.

Reasons for choosing Famly

The ability to properly test Famly out, and the way the team really listened to what our pressure points were with Blossom made us feel that we were being taken seriously. It does what we want in one package.

Reasons for switching to Famly

Blossom's system and customer service were good, but their system isn't as customisable. Their invoice set up did not work for us at all and I was having to spend a long time almost manually running invoices every month.

Response from Famly

Thank you so much Hannah for the wonderful review. The team were so happy to hear what a difference Famly has made for you and your nursery :) We look forward to getting even better and providing even more value to you and your team in the future - Keri

Replied August 2022

November 2022

Medium Sized Nursery User

Famly has massively reduced our admin time with invoicing, payroll, child observations, reduced the amount of paper we use. It has also helped us improve our nursery-parent communication & has also improved our professional image.

Pros

Everything in one place, from in the rooms through to management requirements, such as invoicing, staff hours, staff holiday. Easy to use platform & an easy to use app for parents/carers.

Cons

Integration with Quickbooks would be good for us. Notifications of pending observations requiring approval would also be helpful.

Reasons for choosing Famly

None of the other software packages offered what Famly offered, in an all-in-one solution. Their training was very good & their support staff are amazing. As a company, a lot of their values align with ours, which was important to us.

Ben

October 2022

This software is the system you have been looking for

There are so many benefits to Famly, not only is the software great, the content they produce through the newsletters is so current and gets practitioners to really think about their practice and be engaging. We feel very proud that we are part of the Famly family, and recommend their services to everyone.

Pros

This software will literally make your life easier. There is often a desire to become paperless, but this actually makes it possible. We love working with Famly, the content they produce and the desire to support settings is so unique. They are the glue holding it together!

Cons

Occupancy is a bit difficult to use and doesn't quite give us everything we need. I have passed on the feedback which was really well received and I appreciate meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to discuss this and present what we thought we needed.

Response from Famly

Thanks so much Ben. So pleased to know both the software and our content is making such a great difference for you and your team and families :)

Replied October 2022

Avie

Reassured parent

It's super easy to keep in touch with the nursery, getting updates from the nursery is also super easy. Finding out updates on what my kids have been doing and aying with at nursery is also really easy.

Pros

The way we could get updates easily about the progress and activities our children have taken part in at nursery

Cons

We've not found anything negative about the app

The nursery switched

Response from Famly

Thanks so much for your review - a reassured parent makes the team very happy :)

Karen

October 2022

Exceptional tool - using technology to keep you in touch with your child’s nurture setting

Pros

Diversity of view options, ability to tag/save photos into a collection, direct instant messaging to staff/teams and a sense reporting out of hours

Cons

In the balance page, it took my about a year to realise I could have a more detailed breakdown of the figures by rotating my phone. Maybe a line to explain that some features work better in landscape or a larger device at some point

Response from Famly

Thank you for the review. Sorry it took a year to find out about the handy little feature! I've passed that feedback on to the team in case its happening/happened to others too. Thanks for letting us know :) - Keri

Sara

Industry: Law Practice

October 2022

One stop shop for nursery parent communications

Pros

Easy to use and lots of different features from news to messages and daily facts about your child’s day, posting holidays etc. Has eliminated need to email or call the nursery.

Cons

Occasionally does not update and have to shut down phone and restart to get access again. Also would be good to have a function for requesting extra sessions (currently done through messages), similar to posting holidays maybe.

Response from Famly

Thanks for your review and feedback. With regards to the additional sessions, it's actually already possible for parents to request additional sessions if they are on the Premium package. Just in case you didn't already know that :)

Lewis

October 2022

Famly helps us tell the story of children's days and so much more.

If more companies were like Famly, dedicated not only to:1. Providing an outstanding product that continuously develops, but also... 2. Take their responsibility for improving the sector they service very seriouslyThe world would be a better place.

Pros

It helps our team save time and our parents get the headlines they need to know in a user friendly and modern way.

Cons

It takes too long for the notifications red symbol to come off once you have viewed the notification (minor thing)

Jackie

Famly

Really positive. Easy to use, invoicing no longer the slog that it was. Staff like the learning journeys. Increased parental engagement. More or less everything in one place for me in my role, for parents and for staff.

Pros

We bought the full package at the time. We use the majority of the features and will hopefully eventually use them all. Because we were already an established business, it has taken a bit longer to move some things over. I feel this is due to my time management. I find the software very easy to use it has saved myself and my team lots of time, anything I need support with there is either a video or information or I just ping a message over. Engagement with parents is at around 95% which is approximately 50% higher than the previous platform I used, everything is in one place for them and they love the updates throughout the day. It has led to a reduction in phone calls to the nursery to ask how their little ones are doing.

Cons

One for me is that we also use a programme called CPOMS this is a platform for safeguarding and SEND. It would be great if it talked to Famly (no idea how this works but know it does with SIMS) I would then have the attendance data etc at hand more easily. I would love an out of office kind of button so parents know when I am not available to answer their messages. This would be useful for staff too.

Reasons for choosing Famly

Apart from the price Famly was way out in front in terms of what it offered. I think for my size of nurseries this just fitted us nicely.

Reasons for switching to Famly

Tapestry was good in lots of ways, but at the time without setting up a fake child I couldn't send messages to all parents at once. I can also flick between accounts without having to log out of one and into the other. It was only for the child's journey through the nursery it didn't do everything else and I wanted everything in one place. I tried abacus for the invoicing but it was way to confusing.

Response from Famly

Hi Jackie, thanks for leaving your feedback. We're really pleased to hear things are going well, especially that boost to parent engagement! Those are good suggestions for features too, you're able to submit them here: roadmap.famly.co Thanks, Marcus :)

Replied May 2021

Lizzie

Famly Feedback- Woodlands Nursery Ltd

Famly is great and a very helpful team behind the software! If they can't help you they will try everything to find an answer or solve the issue. We would like to see our points for improvement (please see these in the cons section) still being put forward and changes made where you can.

Pros

Famly is very user friendly Services users have nothing but positive things to say about this software. Communication has massively improved between all who use this service. Great to have everything under one umbrella, not more than one app. Overview of staffing, children and profiles. If we have something we want added to the app, this is taken on board. We are all very happy with it.

Cons

There is no 'out of office' for staff (messaging) Documents section only accessible to staff. We would require a separate documents section for parents to see documents we upload and choose to share, for example Policies and Procedures. If a child hasn't started but register and you make a mistake on the room moves this can be hard to amend without seeking help. Can this be made the same as children who are registered? Can bookings lines automatically match room moves (keep room moves manual) without manually putting them in every time, this would help keep a track of children being in the right charge band? Logs you out too quickly, we know this is a safety feature but can this be changed to suit the setting, no devices out with building for confidential issues. Can you automatically select child who are signed in on a particular day to select all for posts about news or activities, instead of selecting each individual child. Could we get a colour code/ letter in icon to differentiate between breakfast, AM/PM snack, lunch and tea? Medication app like the meals so when we can notify parents when a child has had medication. Can we have Child Development Milestones on the Child Development app as well as the curriculums. Manager signature section in accidents/ incident forms (like witness/ other staff). A function to draft accident/incident so this does not disappear if a manager cannot sign/send immediately. Messages mark all as read/unread. Bump posts to top of news feed.

Reasons for choosing Famly

We had a good induction to it over the phone and given a thorough induction shown on the computer. Good quick friendly staff willing to help us. We were shown lots of aspects to it that involved many staff which helped us see an overview and what was helpful to certain staff members.

Reasons for switching to Famly

We wanted everything under one umbrella (from food, nappies, communication, invoices, sickness, permissions, audits, room moves, funding etc) and a more user friendly app for parents, staff and children.

Response from Famly

Hi Lizzie, thanks for leaving such a positive review, it's great to hear how Famly's been able to improve your overview and communication at Woodlands. Thanks as well for leaving some feedback on features you'd like us to include in the platform, we're always very keen to get input from our customers so we can continue to improve. I've passed on your comments to a member of our Customer Success team and they'll soon be in touch. - Marcus :)

Replied December 2019

Jenny

I can honestly say my life has been transformed after moving to Famly as I have so much more time.

easy to use and rate the company.So far I have not found using Famly frustrating in anyway nor do I dislike any part of it. The Famly team are developing and updating the system regularly, not that this is a hindrance as the system does not shut down for updates, but they are adding further improvements. You can see that they are responding to how Famly is used with these updates to make it better. The Famly support team are in touch to ensure everything is going well, they also get in touch directly with the staff team asking questions which it seems is also informs how Famly is improved further.

Pros

Famly is so easy to set up and use, very intuitive and so quick to work on. With the added bonus of the app I can now get access to all the information I need whenever and wherever I am. The settings allow for the staff to have the relevant access for their job role, this is great as there are so many functions other than invoicing which Famly can be used for, it really is a one stop shop for everything you need. The staff team love it and even those who would usually shy away from technology are happily getting involved. The parents are communicating much more often as it is so easy to send messages/photos back and forth. The parents are also finding the invoicing/payments overview very useful so they can manage their account easily, this contains all the information they need and again is simple to read so no explanation from me is necessary, this again saves so much time as previously I had to send regular breakdowns to parents. The support team at Famly are quick to respond and help resolve any issues. They are always on hand to ask questions and provide great training and support with the set up. But other than the odd glitch there have not been many questions or need for the training support as Famly really is very easy to use and work on. I am in no way an IT expert but Famly is so intuitive that you can easily and quickly do what you need whenever and wherever you need to, with so much time saved I am now able to focus on the jobs I never would of got to previously.

Claire

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A great App which makes running a Nursery so much less complicated!

Supportive, caring team who are always available to help

Pros

So easy to use! Parents all love the app and how they can feel involved in their child's learning, they take a comfort from finding out what their child is doing throughout their day

Cons

Find the tracking system a little bit confusing - however now it has been explained I understand but can be difficult to show group children's progress to other people who don't use the app

Response from Famly

Hi Claire, thanks for your feedback! We're so pleased that Famly's working well for you and that the parents are happy! We're always working to improve our platform so I've passed on your comments to our team about tracking. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us at support@famly.co.uk - Marcus

Replied April 2020

Georgia

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great software - Easy and simple to use, really helped us centralise our information.

Overall we have had a great experience the past year, we hope for a long and positive relationship.

Pros

The fresh layout and ease of use. Having everything in one place and the fact it is live and updated for everyone. The support is great, being able to use an online chat service to get any answers you need. Suggestions can be made and some are taken on board and implemented really quickly.

Cons

There are a few things we would like to change about the software that aren' t so easy for example the lists you can get are limited, the viewing is sometimes a bit awkward (not filling the page etc), it doesn't print very well. We'd also love to make it so if someone is trying tpo sign in and enter a pick up time later than their planned bookings, it throws up an error message.

Reasons for choosing Famly

It looks a lot nicer and feels much more easy to use.

Response from Famly

Hi Georgia, thank you for leaving a review for us. We love getting feedback from our customers and it's great to hear that you've had a great experience with Famly overall. I've passed on your comments to our Customer Success team regarding your suggestions for improvement and one of the team will be in touch soon. - Marcus

Replied October 2019

cheyenne

Superb Nursery Managment System

Pros

Inform parents quickly parents are able to respond quickly we can capture every day moments We are able to log in food, handwashing, nappy changes and bottles of milk We are able to leave notes on the system and hide what may be sensitive Different access controls can be set for different users We can showcase daily activities to parents with a click of a button Track children's development We are able to log accidents and incidents into the system Keep track of children's sensitive and safeguarding information eg reoccurring accidents happening in the home

Cons

Would be good if there was a safeguarding section for logging really sensitive information to keep track sometimes there could glitches with meal information but very rarely

Response from Famly

Hi Cheyenne, thanks for leaving your review! Great to hear how Famly helps you and the team - Marcus :)

Replied November 2020

D

Incredible preschool management software

We used to use ProCare but found it to be incredibly clunky. We the switched to Sandbox software for a year but found they were not innovating very fast. We finally found FAMLY and haven't looked back since.

Pros

The daily attendance, the class planning (so easy for admissions season), the newsfeed (Facebook style area where we post photos, updates, videos, etc.), the calendar/RSVP...so much to love!

Cons

The way the billing is handled in FAMLY is confusing to our parents. Our families register for a certain schedule (e.g. M/W/F) for the entire semester or year and then pay either monthly or by semester. The invoices are not straight-forward. And if we add a random adhoc charge (e.g. for a shirt, for a drop in day, for after care, etc.) we have to generate an entirely new invoice instead of just adding the charge and letting the families see updated balance. Our parents also get confused in the messaging area...it's still not clear that they are messaging the TEACHERS only vs the entire class...so some parents don't send the message because they're worried it will go to all the parents instead of just the teachers. A simple fix, but it hasn't been done. Wish USA had option to have parents pay invoices by credit card, along with option to "pass on" the 3% credit card fees to the parents. With there was Attendance-Based Billing (e.g. if a child stays past 1pm charge them a flat fee, if a child is picked up late at the end of the day charge them a per minute late fee, etc.)

Pamela